Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
February 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

X-Men picture, poster comments

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: X-Men picture, poster comments

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:21 pm

http://kesslerkomics.com/?p=9375

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS Cast Image Surfaces Online
January 18th, 2011 by Albert Ching

It first appeared on MSN and subsequently mysteriously disappeared, but now, thanks to Bleeding Cool, here’s a look at the first cast photo of this summer’s mutant-filled prequel, X-Men: First Class.

Pretty sure I’m right about this, so here we go, left-to-right: Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Moira MacTaggert (Rose Byrne), Emma Frost (January Jones), Azazel (Jason Flemyng), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Havok (Lucas Till), not sure (perhaps Angel Salvadore, played by Zoë Kravitz?), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Professor Xavier (James McAvoy).

The costumes definitely resemble the classic yellow and black/blue Silver Age X-Men outfits, and it looks like anyone concerned that January Jones might not embrace Emma Frost’s er, unique fashion sense (and wasn’t convinced by her outfit Sunday at the Golden Globes), can rest easy. Also, McAvoy’s Xavier still has his hair, so good on him.

The Matthew Vaughn-directed movie is out June 3, 2011. Thoughts? Any guesses on the character I couldn’t identify? Let us know.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:23 pm

http://geekboymovienews.com/new-image-of-x-men-first-class/

New Image of X-Men: First Class?
Tuesday, January 18, 2011

UPDATE: The folks over at MTV Splash Page have learned from FOX that this image is not an authorized image from the X-Men: First Class film.

X-Men: First Class has garnered hate and rejection, almost from the moment the idea was announced. Many were hoping that the film would be a reboot, starting things over, since Fox had essentially ignored the very foundations of what the X-Men are, picking and choosing random characters and focusing on a character, Wolverine, that is rather polarizing among fans.

Once Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn came on board for the project, hopes were lifted and fans thought that maybe, just maybe things would head in a better direction. Then, they began their casting, announcing very random characters and in doing so, ignored a timeline that Fox had set up for themselves. The film is currently undergoing reshoots and should wrap up soon.

I have been one of the few comic book fans that has been holding out faith that this will be a good film. It has an amazing cast and an incredible director. However, after seeing this image, I can’t help but wonder…will it be a sorry, sad excuse for an X-Men film? I hope that I am wrong!

Here is the first look at the new and supposed, first class of The X-Men.

X-Men: First Class stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, Jones, Kevin Bacon, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Caleb Landry Jones, Lucas Till, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Zoe Kravitz, Bill Bilner.The film is directed by Matthew Vaughn, it opens in theaters on June 3, 2011
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:24 pm

http://www.thefanboyseo.com/movies/leaked-x-men-first-class-images

Leaked X-Men: First Class Images
19 Jan 2011 by FanboyKaizer,

Hopefully they don’t take this image taken out…

The Internet went ablaze with the first leaked promo image for Matthew Vaughn‘s X-Men: First Class which features the early adventures of Professor X and Magneto.

Check out the image after the cut.

From left to right, the stars of the picture are: Michael Fassbender as Erik “Magneto” Lensherr, Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma “The White Queen” Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Hank “The Beast” McCoy, Lucas Till as Alex “Havok” Summers, Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and James McAvoy as Charles “Professor X” Xavier. The film also stars Oliver Platt, Caleb Landry Jones and Kevin Bacon.

So far it seems that this will be the team, disregarding Azazel who doesn’t quite seem to fit, the new image is being completely taken off from the Internet by 20th Century Fox.

James McAvoy who plays Charles Xavier does NOT look the part. So as the guy who plays Magneto.

Also making Havok the older brother of Cyclops is such a big mistake. Adding characters like Beast in might make sense but having Emma Frost on the team as early as the prequel also feels wrong.

I won’t reserve my judgment, hence Im making a call. This seems contrived, rushed and half assed.

I mean really? Since your already making a reboot why not try to emulate Sony’s formula for Spider-Man. Bring back everything from the ground up. The only real thing here is the White Queen’s look. No Cyclops, Storm or Jean Grey.

Damn. They really should’ve just followed the real X-Men‘s first class.

Really a big waste of time. I’d rather watch Green Lantern than this patchwork abomination.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:24 pm

http://dvd-rental-spain.com/2011/01/the-first-official-image-from-x-men-first-class-is-a-bit-odd/

January 18th, 2011

I saw this new image for X-Men: First Class first on The Daily Blam (via @AdamRubins) and didn’t believe it was real for one second but then after some investigation, i found it on MSN’s website here which therefore means it has to be real doesn’t it? And if it is real, what the heck?!

It looks like they’ve stuck each of the heads on other people’s bodies! Or is it just me? I’m really hoping the marketing for the movie improves after this! Sony really did it right when they released the first awesome image of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man.

X-Men: First Class is directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) and stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, Jones, Kevin Bacon, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Caleb Landry Jones, Lucas Till, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Zoe Kravitz and Bill Bilner.

It’s released in the UK 2nd June and we’re hoping for the first trailer any day now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:25 pm

http://sequelbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/01/x-men-first-class-first-photo.html

Wednesday, January 19, 2011
X-Men First Class - First Photo!

The much anticipated (it's either going to be awesome, or a total disaster) film X-Men First Class has just released it's first promo picture, a group shot of the young mutants! It's...interesting. Odd choice of 1990s bad photoshop work, there. Oh well, that's neither here nor there!

From left to right, we've got...

Michael Fassbender as Magneto

Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggart

January Jones as Emma Frost

Jason Flemyng as Azazel

Nicholas Hoult as Beast

Lucas Till as Havok

Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore

Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique

and James McAvoy as Professor X

X-Men First Class opens on June 3rd, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:26 pm

http://supascoot.blogspot.com/2011/01/marvel-news-x-men-first-class-cast.html

Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Marvel News: X-Men: First Class Cast Photo, Plus Cap, Thor, and Spider-Man

A lot of new pics and a little news has been released about the upcoming Marvel slate of movies recently, so I figured the best way to properly optimize both your time and mine was to incorporate all the stories into one convenient read for ya.

All right, I'm just feeling really lazy today. Whatever.

Let's start with some of the biggest news that dropped today, one of the first photos from X-Men: First Class was leaked online, but there are a few doubts regarding it's legitimacy. If it's real, this would be a huge leak as it reveals a lot of cast members and costumes I'm sure they weren't quite ready to reveal yet. Topless Robot has the pic:

So I don't know where I quite stand on this pic, as it's still uncomfirmed, and I was pretty distracted by January Jones as Emma Frost to really form any opinions of my own. But Splashpage did:

So here's the deal: The image first appeared at MSN.com earlier today, and though the page where it appeared was subsequently removed, The Hollywood Reporter has indicated that it's legit. Even so, we're still a bit skeptical about the shot, given the strong photoshop vibe coming from the image and how unlikely it would be for the studio to reveal this much of the cast at once rather than teasing out each character.

Until we get confirmation one way or the other, though, it's certainly worth discussing.

For example, what do you think about Azazel's appearance in the promo shot? The image also seems to give us our first look at January Jones' revealing take on Emma Frost — which appears to be quite faithful to the character's wardrobe in the comics world.
And while we're still waiting for word from the studio about the image's validity, here's a quick refresher on the characters depicted in it. From left to right, that's Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto, Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy/Beast, Lucas Till as Alex Summers/Havok, Zoë Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme/Mystique, and James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

They also added this:

UPDATE: Fox has indicated to MTV News that this is not an authorized image from the "X-Men: First Class" movie.
So, "not an authorized" image doesn't mean that the characters and costumes portrayed aren't real, just that that exact image wasn't approved by Fox. Interesting. Moving on.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm

http://geekygirlslovescifi.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-look-x-men-first-class.html

Wednesday, 19 January 2011

First Look! X-Men First Class

The first image of the X-Men First Class cast in character has been leaked, giving us a glimpse at James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, et al as mutants for the first time.

The picture shows (from left) Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr, aka Magneto; Rose Byrne as Dr Moira MacTaggert; January Jones as Emma Frost; Jason Flemyng as Azazel; Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy, aka Beast; Lucas Till as Alex Summers, aka Havok; Zoë Kravitz as Angel Salvadore; Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme, aka Mystique; and James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

So far so good - though we're not quite convinced by the costumes, we're reserving judgment until we see a full body shot. It's just all a bit early Star Trek for our liking. Except for Emma Frost. Emma Frost looks like a… well, never mind - after all, that's kind of the point isn't it?

Speaking about mutant fashion, Michael Fassbender told MSN: "As for our costumes, we went back and forth on so many things. We added things that worked in the comics, took them away again, and stripped them down again. When it came to the Magneto suit, you know, there's various stages of what has been done with it, but you will have something that is traditional to the comics. There is a helmet (laughs), which is of course essential to keep Charlie-boy out of my head, and the colours are also kept traditional to the comics, that sort of red and purple. I don't know if I'm giving you too much, but I'll say it anyway (laughs)." [Read the full interview here.]

X-Men: First Class is set to hit cinemas on Thu 2 Jun, 2011.
Posted by Geeky Girls Love Sci-Fi at 10:05
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm

http://www.seanpaune.com/2011/01/19/first-official-picture-from-x-men-first-class/

Jan
First Official Picture From X-Men: First Class
Written by Sean P Aune

While I’ve given up pretty much all hope for X-Men: First Class to actually be true to the comics, I’ve decided to just enjoy the ride. Thus far the only images to appear online have been unofficial photos taken at a great distance from the subject matter. Yesterday an image appeared on MSN that was quickly taken down at the request of the studio. We’re not sure if it was just put up too early, or if it doesn’t represent the final look of the film, but it is interesting none the less.

According to Dark Horizons, the cast seen in this picture includes:

* Michael Fassbender as Magneto
* Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert
* January Jones as Emma Frost (aka the White Queen)
* Jason Flemyng as Azazel (aka Nightcrawler’s father)
* Nicholas Hoult as the Beast
* Lucas Till as Havoc
* Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore
* Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme (aka Mystique)
* James McAvoy as Charles Xavier

Since this picture was ordered taken down by MSN, there’s no telling if things in this picture will change before they get up on the big screen, but my bet is that this is pretty close to final.

I’m not sure this line-up of team members could be more wrong if they tried, but it should still make for an interesting movie, and a potentially entertaining good time for all.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:28 pm

http://andygaudion93.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/first-image-of-the-cast-from-x-men-first-class/

First image of the cast from ‘X-Men: First Class’!
Filed under: Film News by andygaudion93 —
January 19, 2011

There certainly are a lot of Comic-Book movies coming out this year aren’t there? Today we have the first image of the cast of the upcoming prequel X-Men: First Class, directed by Kick-Ass’s Matthew Vaughan. Check the image out below:

The characters are, from the left, Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Bryne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Fleming as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havoc, Zoe Kravitz as Angel, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and James McAvoy as Professor X (standing and with hair!).

Fassbender looks particularly good and is very convincing as a young Ian McKellen. The costumes look like they’ve gone for a mix between the original comic book designs and the designs from Bryan Singer’s first X-Men movie. The cast look pretty good, Mystique particularly spot on. We shall find out how they all do when the movie hits cinemas on June 3rd. A TV spot is expected at this year’s super bowl.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:29 pm

http://www.holymoly.com/celebrity-news/x-men-first-class-cast-picture-featuring-january-jones-appears-might-be-fake52417

1 of 3 - X-Men First Class cast picture featuring January Jones?

First Class, no guarantee

Wed, 19/01/2011 - 16:30 By Harry Bow

Here's January Jones in the X-Men: First Class role that Sarah Harding claimed was very nearly almost hers, until it was revealed that she wasn't actually any good anyway. We say that, but to be honest, the Girls Aloud star probably could've slipped into this cast of B/C-listers without problem....

The image (which might be a fake) shows, from left to right, Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Dr Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast.

Then on pic 2, Lucas Till as Havok, Zoë Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and James McAvoy as Xavier.

Doesn't look very '60s, does it? Hopefully it is a fake (Emma Frost's cleavage definitely is).

Fassbender... Reminds of this grim story from last year. It doesn't sound like the sort of thing Magneto would do.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:30 pm

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2011/01/image-xmen-class-emerges-online.html

First Image Of ‘X-Men: First Class’ Emerges Online

January 19th, 2011

First Look Of X-Men: First ClassJanuary 19, 2011: The first image of the fifth X-Men movie X-Men: First Class has surfaced online and here is a glimpse for you. This fifth movie is a prequel to the first three movies. It will feature the characters like the Beast, Emma Frost, Mystique and many more apart from the two important characters of Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr.

The first look of the film gives an idea about the entire cast of X-Men: First Class. Earlier, we have seen James McAvoy playing the character of Charles Xavier but this is for the first time he will be seeing putting on X-Men uniform. His future nemesis Michael Fassbender’s Erik Lensherr can also be seen along with other mutants like January Jones’ Emma Frost (white queen), Rose Byrne’s Moira MacTaggert, Lucas Till’s Havoc, Jennifer Lawrence’s Raven Darkholme (Mystique), Nicholas Hoult’s the Beast and Zoe Kravitz’s Angel Salvadore.

This movie will follow Erik Lensherr and Charles Xavier when they were still close buddies. At that time, they used to work with other mutants to prevent the greatest threat of the world.

Once producer Bryan Singer explained that it will show how Professor Xavier and Magneto met and turned good friends. It will also show how their friendship transformed into something else.

This action based science-fiction film is all set to release in the US on June 3.

–Sampurn Wire
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:32 pm

http://ejfs.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-x-men-first-class-cast-image.html

First X-MEN: FIRST CLASS Cast Image Surfaces Online

UPDATE: Well, there’s some controversy over the veracity of this image — MTV, among other sources, have pulled it; The Hollywood Reporter still has it up. MTV said 20th Century Fox asked for the image to be pulled because it wasn’t “authorized,” though “not authorized” doesn’t necessarily mean “fake,” as ComicsAlliance has dubbed it. After all, there are always tons of fan photoshops circulating before comic movies come out, and studios don’t usually ask for them to be pulled — though they’re usually obviously fake and not accepted as real from major media outlets for any period of time.

If it is fake, who faked it? I have a hard time believing MSN would make their own photoshop (combining images, maybe, but not a whole-scale slap heads on fake costumes job), though I could see an asleep-at-the-wheel editor unknowingly putting up a fake. But if so, why wouldn’t anyone have seen it until today? Hmm. A mystery! Stay tuned as we try to suss this out.

Original Story: It first appeared on MSN and subsequently mysteriously disappeared, but now, thanks to Bleeding Cool, here’s a look at the first cast photo of this summer’s mutant-filled prequel, X-Men: First Class. Pretty sure I’m right about this, so here we go, left-to-right: Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Moira MacTaggert (Rose Byrne), Emma Frost (January Jones), Azazel (Jason Flemyng), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Havok (Lucas Till), not sure (perhaps Angel Salvadore, played by Zoë Kravitz?), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Professor Xavier (James McAvoy). The costumes definitely resemble the classic yellow and black/blue Silver Age X-Men outfits, and it looks like anyone concerned that January Jones might not embrace Emma Frost’s er, unique fashion sense (and wasn’t convinced by her outfit Sunday at the Golden Globes), can rest easy. Also, McAvoy’s Xavier still has his hair, so good on him. The Matthew Vaughn-directed movie is out June 3, 2011. Thoughts? Any guesses on the character I couldn’t identify? Let us know.

Lead me, FOLLOW ME, or get out of my way. - General George Patton

Posted by Ed Johnson Presents at 1:19 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:36 pm

http://www.seriousgamer.ca/2011/01/what-you-see-above-this-text-is-first.html

What you see above this text is the first 'official' picture of the X-Men: First Class cast in costume. Left to right, we see: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havoc, Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, and James McAvoy as Charles Xavier.

I have major f#%@#&! issues with what I see in this image. I understand that making a comic book movie property involves many groups who know nothing about comics but this is f#%@#&! ridiculous. Not everything is wrong, but what is spits in the face of the parts they did get right:

From Left to Right -
-Alright, this is set in the 60's which would place Magneto in his young 30's, Fassbender fits this bill and I like his look.
-Moira is an old love interest of Charles Xavier, so she looks just fine as well. She is appropriate to the stryline as well because she has always worked towards mutant rights.
-God help me I love January Jones (super sexy) but the Hellfire club is not appropriate to the timeline and she is not right for the cold as ice Emma Frost. Plus she would be a toddler at the time Xavier and Magneto were starting out.
-Azazel? Azazel? What was he in, like one X-men comic? Who the hell picked this guy as a viable mutant in this movie and era? So many better choices.
-Beast and Havoc, dear God why? Havoc is Cyclops brother and WAS NEVER PART OF THE ORIGINAL X-Men. He came about years later as a hero. Beast at least was part of the original X-men BUT this story is based in the 60's when Xavier and Magneto were young, Beast would not have been here.
-Angel Salvadore??? I had to look her up because she is more of a nobody then Azazel is. There are perhaps 30 active, viable and recognizable X-men over the years and they choose her? Why not Jubilee if they are this stupid?
-Sigh Mystique? Really? At least she could be older then she appears and this could work. But the real Mystique was always a later generation character introduced as Rogue adoptive mother (really). She could fit but is suspect.
-I like James McAvoy, as long as he can hide his accent I think he could make a great Xavier, plus Xavier is younger then Magneto so his age works.

This simple poster shows exactly what is wrong with the handling of the X-men franchise. The issues started in X-men 2 with Legion being Strykers son and got worse and worse till the disaster that was X-men Origins: Wolverine. The studio needs to step out and people who know the X-men as they are and have been need to guide the ship or at least have a director that will not bow or doesn't need to bow to studio pressure.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:18 pm

http://femininemissgeek.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/x-meh-class-picture/

X-Meh: Class Picture
January 19, 2011
tags: james mcavoy, january jones, magneto, marvel, professor x, X-Men, x-men: first class
by Bex

So an image of the cast of the upcoming X-Men: First Class has leaked, and the nerdverse has responded with a resounding “Meh.”

Left to right, we’ve got Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Dr. Moira McTaggart (Rose Byrne), Emma Frost (January Jones), Azazel (Jason Flemyng), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Havok (Lucas Till), Angel Salvadore (Zoe Kravitz), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), and Professor X (James McAvoy).

Me, I’m just… confused. And not the intrigued kind of confused, either. Havok but no Cyke? Is Angel supposed to be a girl version of the Angel we know? Where is Kevin Bacon as Sebastien Shaw? Why is Azazel there? Does this fit anywhere into the previous films’ continuity?

Remember back when I said I was eager to see a period superhero movie? While this one is set in the 60′s… eh… not as excited.

UPDATE: MTV News is reporting that Fox says it is “not an authorized image from the X-Men: First Class movie.” Hm. Whattya suppose THAT means?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:38 pm

http://scifimafia.com/2011/01/x-men-first-class-is-this-the-first-official-image-or-a-fake/

X-Men: First Class – Is This The First Official Image or a Fake?
Wednesday, January 19th, 2011

We have previously brought you some behind the scenes shots from the set of director Matthew Vaughn‘s (Kick-Ass, Stardust) upcoming 20th Century Fox film, X-Men: First Class starring James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, and Kevin Bacon.

Now, what started out as an image posted on MSN (and has since vanished) and propagated through the internet like wildfire, is what could be the first image of characters from the film. The image has been taken down from some of the sites who had posted it, with messages stating that 20th Century Fox told them it was not an authorized image and that the studio asked them to remove it. Check it out below!

[L to R - Michael Fassbender (Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto), Rose Byrne (Dr. Moira MacTaggert), January Jones (Emma Frost), Jason Flemyng (Azazel), Nicholas Hoult (Hank McCoy/Beast), Lucas Till (Alex Summers/Havok), Zoë Kravitz (Angel Salvadore), Jennifer Lawrence ( Raven Darkholme/Mystique), and James McAvoy (Professor Charles Xavier).]

Personally, I wouldn’t doubt that this was a fake, it seems a little to photoshoppy for my tastes and don’t see why Fox would release an image with so many characters in costume already, rather than teasing the characters one-by-one. That, and the absence of other mutant characters like Edi Gathegi (Darwin), and Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee).

On the other side of the argument… why would Fox make people remove it from their sites, if it weren’t real? If it’s not their intellectual property, then what legal grounds do they have to request removal of the image? And, according to the image’s EXIF data, it was in-fact processed in Photoshop (as most images are these days) but, the image was taken on November 4th, 2010 (so, the film was in production at the time), and it was taken with a Phase One P45+ Medium Format camera, which is a seriously professional camera system that costs around $22 thousand dollars.

Image EXIF Data

I’m not sure if EXIF data can be easily faked, or not. I do know that the Phase One P45+ isn’t a very commonly known camera to most consumers, nor even to advanced prosumer/amateur photographers. So, if the image were a fake and the EXIF data was manipulated, the chances of someone picking that camera over a Canon 5D Mark II or a comparable Nikon, which are more widely known, are pretty slim.

Real or Fake? Let me know what you think in the comments, and if you think it’s real… what do you think of the look of X-Men: First Class?

Synopsis:

“X-Men: First Class charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.”

The film stars James McAvoy, Kevin Bacon, Caleb Landry Jones, Lucas Till, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng, January Jones, Zoë Kravitz, Bill Milner, Michael Fassbender, Álex González, Oliver Platt and Ray Wise.

X-Men: First Class is slated to hit theaters on June 3rd, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:40 pm

http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/first-image-of-xmen-first-class-yesterdays-children-of-tomorrow-are-here-today.php

First Image Of X-Men: First Class / TK

Trade News | January 19, 2011

Finally, we get a look at the cast of Matthew Vaughn’s origin tale, X-Men: First Class and it’s… well… it’s OK. Not really much to rally around, but then again, it’s just a promo shot, not in high resolution, and without seeing anyone in action, there isn’t much ado to be made of it. Take a look:

Doesn’t exactly pull my zipper down, but it at least feels a little less clunky than the Captain America stills we showed a couple of days ago. For those non-nerds, go f&#! yourselves here’s a list of who’s who, from left to right:

* Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr, aka Magneto, master of magnetism

* Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, the non-mutant genetic scientist and love interest of Charles Xavier

* January Jones as Emma Frost, aka The White Queen of the Hellfire Club, appropriately dressed

* Jason Flemyng as Azazel, one of the demonic Neyaphem mutants and supposed father of Nightcrawler

* Nicholas Hoult as Henry “Hank” McCoy, aka Beast

* Lucas Till as Alex Summers, aka Havok. Younger brother of Cyclops (not shown)

* Zoe Kravitz (daughter of Lenny) as Angel Salvadore, a mutant who for some reason has had a bunch of different power manifestations, including wings, the ability to spit acid, insect-like traits, and most recently, the ability to shoot fire and ice from her right and left hands, respectively

* Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique

* James McAvoy as Charles Xavier, aka Professor X.

What’s curious is how many mutants that will be in the film that aren’t shown, including Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon), Banshee (Caleb Landry Jones), Armando Muñoz / Darwin (Edi Gathegi), Riptide (Alex Gonzalez), and Thomas (Tony Rich).

Which is to say, there are a f***load of mutants in this thing. It makes sense, when you think about it, since part of the film’s focus is on the formation of Xavier’s mutant academy. But still, history has shown us that too many characters can f&#! up a superhero movie faster than you can say “Ratnerfucking.”

Don’t disappoint me, Matthew Vaughn.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:09 pm

http://eyzmaster.blogspot.com/2011/01/movie-news-yet-another-fox-lackbuster.html

Movie NEWS! Yet another Fox lackbuster
We've been getting an awful lot of sneak peaks at upcoming superheroes movies.
Marvel showed how awesome and aunthentic Captain America will look like.
Sony had angry gritty Spider-man looking all serious and stuff.

Now it's 20th Century Fox, trying to impress us with...

Air-xmen, 2nd class tickets.
Huh...
I mean,
X-Men First Class!

What are we looking at exactly??
In the order, introducing:

* Michael Fassbender as Magneto
* Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert
* January Jones as Emma Frost
* Jason Flemyng as Azazel
* Nicholas Hoult as Beast
* Lucas Til as Havok
* Zoë Kravitz as Angel Salvadore
* Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique
* James McAvoy as Professor X

Matthew Vaughn's movie isn't a reboot!
It's in fact a prequel.
Of the spinoff Wolverine Origins. (which showed Xavier near the end recruiting a young Cyclops amongst others)
This mess of a movie will actually take place in the current Fox's X-men movie continuity, it's not a retake of the franchise by Marvel films! (also like the new reboot Spider-man at Sony's)
The story will take place in the 60s (huh?), which fans thought we'd get a funky/retro-ysh take on the classic Stan Lee-era costumes...yet we will get what looks like a drunk fratboy's idea of what the 60s would look like in a popcorn flick, directed by Michael Bay.

Strangely, they're still slighty comic book-inspired (I remember the X-men sporting X-yellow jackets at one point). And in the middle of all this, some girl seems to be cosplaying as Emma Frost (!?).
What about the rest?
People loved Nightcrawler, so now they've made a palette swap and TADAAA! here's his father.
And Havok will be ~50 years older than Cyclops yet call him his brother, and since his costume usually has a circle-logo in the middle, they put it right above his X-yellow jacket (because why try to make original costume or base the design on the originals when you can just randomly mix up things with no clear idea what you're doing!).
Mystique is...well, similar to the one from X-men 1, 2 and 3 only with a different actress. No opinion here.
And since there's no clear look at who is Magneto or Xavier, no recognisable character from the past movies..the question everyone will have from this movie: Who are these character and why should we care??
Seriously, this looks like a bad direct-to-dvd sequel for the moment, without trailer.

The big question now is why!?
Why this movie?
It's simple.
$$$

If Fox doesn't make this movie, the rights wil lrevert back to Marvel/Disney.
Marvel's beeng trying to regain all of their proprieties, which has been pretty succesful until now. They now can use any of their characters in most medias, cartoons, games, etc..
Spidey and the Ghost Rider are trapped at Sony if they don't use the rights until 2012 (which explains both upcoming sequels/reboots)
Fox will lose all their franchises if they don't put out new movies as well. The Fantastic Four will revert to Marvel at the end of this year (so they announced a random reboot to keep the rights, which they'll produce, write, direct improvise this summer I guess). So will the X-men, that's why they started making this prequel and will have the sequel to Wolverine Origins nobody was expecting, amazingly titled The Wolverine, later this year/early 2012, and why they also announced Brett Ratner's X-Men 4 for 2012 next year/2013.
Oh, but they already lost Daredevil.
One down, 2 more to go!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm

http://slyoyster.com/movies/2011/first-look-at-matthew-vaughns-x-men-first-class/

First Look at Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class”

by James Furbush on January 19, 2011 · Comment

Deep breaths. Inhale giant deep breaths. Nobody was more excited with the news that director Matthew Vaughn would be helming a reboot of the X-Men franchise than me. The director has solid credentials and love for the material (he did want to helm X3 remember?).

So why then did Fox decide to kill any hope I had for this project with the release of the first promo material for the film? This is seriously shoddy work and the exact opposite of what Sony did for the Spider-Man reboot. The costumes look… okay? That would be putting it kindly. It’s really hard to tell with the terrible cast photo because the lighting is all screwed up and everything is waaaay too dark.

From left to right: Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Rose Byrne (Moira MacTaggert), January Jones (Emma Frost), Jason Flemyng (Azazel), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Lucas Till (Havok), Zoe Kravitz (Angel), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), and James McAvoy (Professor Charles Xavier).

Fox has proven time and time again that the studio doesn’t have the foggiest idea what to do with comic book franchises. [via io9]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:51 pm

http://www.laineygossip.com/First_promo_photo_of_XMen_First_Class_released_19jan11.aspx

Lame X

They’ve released a photo for the upcoming X-Men: First Class. Take a look. It’s AWFUL. It’s so much bad. There’s no imagination. And James McAvoy looks not great at all.

Oh but there’s drama…

The photo first leaked on Tuesday and almost everyone start sh-tting on it. Then the studio was all like – this is not an authorised image, trying to make people think it was a fake. Well if it’s a fake, why not say it’s a fake? Apparently, according to Big Shiny Robot, it’s totally legit, only one of the actors hasn’t given his/her approval for it yet.

And, after the reaction, the approval might not be forthcoming now.

So who are we looking at?

Michael Fassbender as Magneto
Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert
January Jones as Emma Frost
Jason Flemyng as Azazel
Nicholas Hoult as Beast
Lucas Till as Havoc
Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvador
Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique
James McAvoy as Charles Xavier

Fassbender and Kravitz are dating. So there’s that. But even if they throw this promo out and start all over again, the nerds are already complaining that it’s a reflection of assy production. It’s never a good sign when the nerds are complaining. Please let it not suck. I don’t want Matthew Vaughn to suck.

X-Men: First Class opens June 3.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:56 pm

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/01/x-men-first-class-this-is-not-the-first-look-photo-of-the-cast.html

'X-Men: First Class': This is not the first look photo of the cast

By Jethro Nededog

January 19, 2011 2:45 AM ET

The fanboys and entertainment blogs have been going back and forth on this picture that has been circulating the Internet Tuesday (Jan. 18) of the cast of "X-Men: First Class," which hits theaters on June 3.

While several sites have been asked to take down the picture by Twentieth Century Fox, apparently THR is sticking to its story and they haven't pulled it. But, to be clear, we are reporting this is NOT the official photo (until it is).

Based on the Marvel comic book series of the same name, this installment will be the fifth in the "X-Men" film series and a prequel.

Here's the official summary:

Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-MEN.

Pictured in the unofficial photo, from left, are Michael Fassbender ("Inglourious bastards) as Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto, Rose Byrne ("Damages") as Dr. Moira MacTaggert, January Jones ("Mad Men") as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng ("Clash of the Titans") as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult ("Skins") as Hank McCoy/Beast, Lucas Till ("Hannah Montana: The Movie") as Alex Summers/Havok, Zoë Kravitz ("Twelve") as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence ("Winter's Bone") as Raven Darkholme/Mystique, and James McAvoy ("Atonement") as Professor Charles Xavier.

Okay, don't think about it until we're told it's okay to, then sound off below!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:19 pm

http://www.joriben.com/2011/01/first-look-on-x-men-first-class-cast.html

First Look on X-Men First Class Cast Photo UPDATE: Hi-Res Version
on comics, marvel, movies on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just woke up on this news about the first photo featuring the main cast of X-Men First class. The photo is low-res so I'll keep you updated when Marvel studios releases a much bigger version.

UPDATE!!! Higher resolution Photo Uploaded. Click for closer look.

From left to right: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as the Beast, Lucas Till as Havok, Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, James McAvoy as Charles Xavier.

SYNOPSIS:

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

This photo just gave me a bad impression about the movie. Other than the complete deviation from the REAL first-class, this photo just showed a poor costume design. Ok I understand, this is of course way back the time of the first 3 X-Men films but still I hope they design a much better one. As far as costume is concerned, I think Emma is the only one who has the closest while Rose Byrne is quite perfectly the Moira MacTaggert I imagined of. And lastly based on this photo, all X-men movies including Wolverine is now completely unrelated thus confirming a reboot.

Still hoping for the best for this film and if they do well on this maybe I can forgive them on trying to ruin years of X-men History.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:41 pm

http://www.movieline.com/2011/01/line-them-up-first-image-of-x-men-first-class-officially-arrives-online.php

First Looks || by Christopher Rosen || 01 19 2011 6:30 PM
Line Them Up: First Image of X-Men: First Class Officially Arrives Online

If you frequent many geek sites, the chances are good that you spotted the first image of Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class online late Tuesday. Alas, that wasn’t the official release, meaning if you’ve been staring at a grainy picture of Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, January Jones, James McAvoy and the other X-Men for 24 hours, you’re in luck! Fox has released the official official first look at the cast, in easily identifiable line-up form. Let’s take a look.

xmen1stclass_1.jpg

xmen1stclass_2.jpg

Let’s get some positives out of the way first: Fassbender looks perfectly sinister as Magneto; Jones looks like she’s working her assets to their full potential as Emma Stone; and McAvoy does have a bit of a Patrick Stewart vibe going for himself as Professor X. The bad news? Jennifer Lawrence, in the role of Mystique, looks like the spawn of Violet Beauregard and a Na’vi Halloween costume. Hey, they all can’t be winners, right?

X-Men: First Class hits theaters this June.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:44 pm

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2011/01/19/high-resolution-version-of-the-x-men-first-class-cast-banner/

High Resolution Version of the X-Men: First Class Cast Banner

Posted by Dave Sztypuljak on January 19, 2011

Yesterday we posted what I called, an ‘odd’ poster for X-Men: First Class after it hit the Internet prematurely. I felt it looked like the heads of the characters had been stuck onto bodies and it didn’t work at all!

Well, MSN have now released the banner in it’s proper high-res form and it does look quite a lot better although still not great. In the poster, we get to see some of it’s cast which includes James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, Jones, Kevin Bacon, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Caleb Landry Jones, Lucas Till, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Zoe Kravitz and Bill Bilner.

X-Men: First Class is directed by Matthew Vaughn and released in the UK 2nd June and we’re hoping for the first trailer any day now.

CLick the banner below to enlarge.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:45 pm

http://io9.com/5738129/higher-res-shots-of-the-x+men-first-class-cast-have-us-seriously-worried

High res shots of the X-Men: First Class cast have us seriously worried

Look, we're excited for Matthew Vaughn's X-Men First Class — we loved the hell out of Kick-Ass. But the high-res X-Men cast photo isn't doing this production any favors. UPDATE: More set photos now added!

Click the photos to enlarge.

We're sure this movie will be fast, flashy and fun, just like everything Vaughn has made. But January Jones is definitely wearing the sparkle bra I bought when I was 16 years old at the mall's Contempo Casual. Yeesh. Also, shouldn't it be a corset?

We're seriously hoping that this is just a very early Photoshop costume/make-up job. Thankfully, there's still a lot of time before this movie's release date, on June 3rd.

Anyway, here's another list of the X-Men crew (left to right)

Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Rose Byrne (Moira MacTaggert), January Jones (Emma Frost), Jason Flemyng (Azazel) NEW IMAGE: Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Lucas Till (Havok), Zoe Kravitz (Angel), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), and James McAvoy (Professor Charles Xavier).

[via MSN Movies]

UPDATE: The LA Times just released a long set visit report and a few set photos that look WORLDS BETTER and have your first image of Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, looking like some sort of nefarious swinger. Hey, it's the 60s, go go kitsch!

On the set James McAvoy shared his challenges with his character Prof. X:

"This is a prequel, so I'm the same character, just younger, but the challenge for me – and for Michael - is to show the same person in a different place in their life; to show someone before they're this bad guy, before they're this saint. Charles wasn't always a … monk, this selfless, sexless monk that he becomes."

But Brian Singer, X-Men producer and past X-Men director thought the biggest challenge would be introducing the world to the different time period, and establishing a group of characters the audience has already come to know and love.

And here's an image of the X-Men out of uniform:

For the last image of Professor Charles Xavier and Magneto playing chess and to read the entire set report, head over the LAT.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:46 pm

http://blogs.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2011/01/19/a-first-look-at-x-men-first-class/

A First Look at ‘X-Men: First Class’
By: David Molofsky Posted: Wednesday, January 19th, 2011

From left to right: Michael Fassbender as Eric Lehnsherr/Magneto, Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy/Beast, Lucas Till as Havok, Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

On Tuesday (January 18), a picture from this summer's X-Men: First Class surfaced on the web, but its authenticity has yet to be verified by Fox Studios. The photo was originally posted on MSN and it was snatched up by several sites before being taken off the site a few hours later. The latest buzz — as seen at The Hollywood Reporter — suggests that the picture is legitimate, but was leaked prematurely. Regardless, it's still one heck of a class picture!

The Matthew Vaughn-directed prequel to the original franchise features an all-star cast, including Brits like James McAvoy as Charles Xavier, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, and Jason Flemyng as Azazel. Former Hex actor Michael Fassbender also co-stars as Magneto. Set during the 1960s, First Class will tell the story of Xavier and Magneto's early friendship and their fight against the evil Hellfire Club. The classic blue and yellow costumes fit nicely with this retro setting. Keep an eye out for more on the June 3 release!

What do you think about the X-Men: First Class photo?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next