Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Haywire actors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Haywire actors

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:34 pm

http://mmaweekly.com/gina-carano-handling-movie-re-shoots-no-eta-on-strikeforce-return

Gina Carano Handling Movie Re-Shoots, No ETA on Strikeforce Return
Posted on January 26, 2011 by Damon Martin

Gina Carano

The last time MMA fans saw Gina Carano on their TV screens in a fight was in August 2009, and it’s likely the next time they’ll see her in action will be in the 2011 release directed by Steven Soderbergh titled “Haywire.”

Where no one is sure they’ll see her is back in MMA action, but Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker remains confident Carano will return to fighting one day soon.

Coker, in 2010, said he believed Carano would come back sooner or later, but now with some more work to be done on the film she’s shooting, the timeline may be delayed.

“We’re basically talking to her agent. The agent informed me that there were some re-shoots in her film, she’s got a big premiere coming up, but the door’s always open. When she’s ready to come back, that’s when we want her to come back,” Coker said.

Carano’s exit from the sport in 2009 came by way of a TKO loss to current Strikeforce middleweight women’s champion Cris “Cyborg” Santos. After the fight, Carano opted to explore some opportunities with her budding acting career and soon landed the spot in Soderbergh’s film.

The movie stars Carano opposite award winning actors Michael Douglas and Ewan McGregor, as well as Bill Paxton and Michael Fassbender, and is being led by the Academy Award winning director.

While there have been no direct discussions between Carano and Strikeforce, the company’s head man believes it’s just in her spirit to return to fighting one day.

“I believe in her heart just like these other athletes that go into the movies, even though they have success in the film industry such as Quinton Jackson or Cung Le, like he’s doing right now, and Gina, I saw parts of her movie and it was fantastic, but equal time, you’re still a fighter at heart. I know they want to compete,” Coker said.

Cung Le has also shot several movies and has gotten involved with fight sequencing in the film industry.

Carano’s return would be a huge pick-up for Strikeforce, but right now it’s unclear whether the cage or Hollywood will win her affection.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Haywire actors

Post by Admin on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:53 am

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2011/01/26/fellas-check-the-pics-mma-fighter-gina-carano-filming-movie-haywire/

(Fellas, check the pics!) MMA Fighter Gina Carano filming movie “Haywire”
01.26.11 | 2 Comments

Posted by Sabrina B. @gametimegirl – check the pics after the jump…
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:55 pm

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2011/0212/536437/gina-carano/

Gina Carano Announces Return To Strikeforce

By Raj Giri | February 12, 2011

Gina Carano Announces Return To Strikeforce MMA superstar Gina "Conviction" Carano announced tonight at Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Silva that she will be returning to the cage in 2011.

"Yes," answered Carano, when asked if she was coming back.

Carano became the face of women's MMA during it's period of emergence, due both to her striking looks and legitimate skill inside the cage.

A member of the crew of savages that trains out of Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, Carano built a 7-0 record before meeting current Strikeforce featherweight queenpin Cris "Cyborg" Santos in a title fight back in August of 2009. Carano held her own against the Brazilian wrecking machine in the early going, but succumbed to "Cyborg's" overwhelming attack while still in the first round. That TKO loss marks the last time that the viewing public has seen Carano in the cage. Carano noted that she felt the need to return.

"I felt that I needed to settle the score for myself," she said. "I need to get back in there for me."

Since she last fought, Carano has followed in Xtreme Couture founder Randy "The Natural" Couture's footsteps, having embarked on an acting career which she has parlayed into moderate mainstream success. Her most high-profile project is set to debut this summer; in the Steven Soderbergh directed Haywire, Carano plays the lead character, a female spy, opposite the likes of Channing Tatum, Michael Douglas, Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, Antonio Banderas and Bill Paxton.

Now that she has her sights set back on the cage, she stated that she hoped to return "soon," and that she needed to "put some gym time in."

Thanks to Mark Wayne for contributing to this article.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:58 pm

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/mma-star-gina-carano-on-her-first-acting-gig-for-steven-soderbergh/26145

MMA Star Gina Carano on Her First Acting Gig for Steven Soderbergh
By
Cayte Grieve
June 15, 2011

MMA Star Gina Carano on Her First Acting Gig for Steven Soderbergh In the summer of 2009, a er losing the first fight of her career, Gina Carano, a professional mixed martial artist, considered throwing in the towel. But at her agent’s insistence, the 29-year-old Texan agreed to meet with a director named Steven Soderbergh. “I had a black eye, and I didn’t want to see anyone,” she says. “Especially not a director who, I’m embarrassed to say, I hadn’t heard of before. He wanted to make a movie based on a female action person—‘star’ feels too weird to say—who would make these Hollywood stage fights look believable.”

Two days after their first meeting, Soderbergh, the Oscar-winning director of films like Erin Brockovich, Ocean’s Eleven, and Traffic, asked the first-time actor to star in Haywire alongside Michael Fassbender, Channing Tatum, and Ewan McGregor. In the film, which Soderbergh wrote with Carano in mind, she plays a black-ops super-soldier seeking vengeance after she’s betrayed during one of her missions. “When I’m training for a fight, I beat myself up all day long,” she says. “Filming a movie was draining in such a different way. Every day I woke up and was on some sort of adrenaline rush—I always felt high.” After the film wrapped, Carano had a hard time coming down. “I got home after this incredible, life-changing experience, and had to think about who I was,” she says. “I knew I had to go back to fighting.” MMA enthusiasts, you’ve got Soderbergh to thank: Carano will reenter the ring on June 18.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top