Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

X-Men trailer comments

Go down

X-Men trailer comments Empty X-Men trailer comments

Post by Admin Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:37 pm

http://fanboyz.net/2011/02/02/super-bowl-tv-spots-kung-fu-panda-2-transformers-3-pirates-4/

The Super Bowl may still be a few days away but some of the commercials we will be seeing have already made their way online. TV spots for Kung Fu Panda 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides have already been released as wells as a Chevy commercial for Transformers: Dark of the Moon. There will be many more trailers and commercials hitting the net in the coming days, and of course, on game day you can check out trailers for upcoming movies like X:Men: First Class, Captain America: The First Avenger, Cowboys & Aliens, Super 8, and many more!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

X-Men trailer comments Empty Re: X-Men trailer comments

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:30 am

http://nippinaintez.blogspot.com/2011/02/trailer-for-x-men-first-class-has-been.html

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trailer for X-MEN: FIRST CLASS Has Been Seen By Mortal Eyes!
A friend got the chance to check out a rough version of the first trailer for X-MEN: FIRST CLASS and, according to her, the results don't look promising.

From her descriptions, the X-Men: First Class trailer sounds fairly similiar to the trailer for Fox's previous X-Men related film, Wolverine Begins, and that looked laughably bad. "It's similiar, but a lot more rough," she told me before I sent her a YouTube link of the trailer for Wolverine Begins. Afterwards, she backtracked and said, "Now that I've seen this, it's actually very similiar."

"It started out with the lines 'Before he was Professor X, he was Charles' and then showed [James] McAvoy. 'Before he was Magneto, he was Erik' and showed him [Michael Fassbender]. And then JFK popped up telling us we're in danger. Being threatened. Then flashes of things happening. Planes. People. Pretty much there were random action shots but had no real context. I think JFK voiceover continued to some extend. Then just music. That wasn't even all that exciting and everything seemed prolonged. Oh LOL. In the beginning, when they said, 'Before he was Professor X,' it showed the back of his head bald with electrodes on his head. I laughed a little and thought, 'Oh man. This is going to be horrible,' and it was."

I asked if the visual effects were completed and she said they didn't look like they were, but she didn't remember any of the trailer moments. I suppose we can assume that the trailer moments were just unmemorable and/or lackluster.

Since it seemed like the trailer was heavy on the montage, I asked if it were a full feature trailer or just a teaser and she told me it was a trailer that was about two minutes long. She also added that she was "so confused" throughout that entire two minutes. "It could have been good now that I read what it's actually about. LOL."

"'Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-MEN.' I got none of that from the trailer!!! Nothing!"

That plotline actually looks like something of a bad romance film with two young men discovering each other for the first time. When asked about the other cast members in the trailer:

"Nope. Don't like. She's [January Jones] so dead like a piece of wood. A log. I saw Rose [Byrne] though. Nothing really had context. It seemed like they threw scenes together hoping at least one of the scenes will catch people's attention."

I suppose it wasn't all a loss. She did say she liked one scene in the X-Men: First Class trailer, which happened to be the only scene she remembered well:

"...was when Charles/McAvoy tells Erik/Fassbender, 'You can't get peace from killing,' something along that lines. It was the only dialogue in the trailer. The only thing of WTF is going on. I didn't even get the fact that they're BFF who's going to be enemies. I was just WTF? More McAvoy, please!"

British director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake; Kick-Ass) helms X-Men: First Class. Slated for a June 3rd release, the film stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Kevin Bacon, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawerence, and January Jones' magnificent boobs. Until then, we'll just have to wait to see how bad trailer looks. I'd still watch it for Rose Byrne, though.

Personally, however, I'm already over this film and just looking forward to Darren Aronfosky's The Wolverine, which Aronfosky is already making Hugh Jackman gain more weight for to look shorter and bulkier. For more on that, you can check out Hero Complex's interview with Jackman, where he talks about his 6,000 calorie a day diet to go from 190 lbs to 210.

Posted by Billy Ngo at 2:23 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down