Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
February 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

X-Men trailer comments 2

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: X-Men trailer comments 2

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:45 pm

http://www.moviestimes.net/watch-the-x-men-first-class-trailer.php

Watch the X-Men First Class Trailer
12. February 2011 | Category: Watch Online Movies & Movies News
Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Poster I said it yesterday when Fox announced the trailer was coming today that this would be the day we would see the future. Will the Origins movies be a fresh new take on the X-Men or will it be a bomb in the making? Well the trailer is finally here and in this fanboys view[..]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:53 pm

http://www.kidsumers.ca/2011/02/x-men-first-class-trailer/

X-Men: First Class Trailer
February 12th, 2011 | Author: Sam

My husband and oldest son love X-Men, and my eight year old son thinks that he loves X-Men, but he’s never actually seen any of the movies. I am sure he would love it though. He loves superheroes and Marvel Comics…and that is X-Men in a nutshell. I haven’t decided if he is old enough to watch them yet, but I’m sure we will be discussing that soon, since the next movie is coming out soon.

The next X-Men movie, “X-Men: First Class“, is going to be released on June 3rd, 2011 and it is the prequel to the previous three movies. Starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence, this movie is expected to be a hit, just like the other X-Men movies.

Watch the official trailer…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:42 am

http://www.empireonline.com/features/x-men-first-class-trailer-breakdown

X-Men: First Class Trailer Breakdown
We take a closer look at Matthew Vaughn's mutant movie

The first trailer for Matthew Vaughn’s X-prequel was unveiled, and it’s got the interwebs buzzing. But what’s going on here? Who are these people? And what can you expect from the film itself? We take the trailer apart shot-by-shot to find out…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:16 pm

http://www.reviewstl.com/x-men-first-class-hd-trailer-starring-james-mcavoy-michael-fassbender-jennifer-lawrence-021411/

“X-Men: First Class” HD Trailer Starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence

Tim | Feb 14, 2011

I have been anticipating this film since I heard that Matthew Vaughn was directing, and it is nice to finally see some footage to back up the anticipation. I think overall it is a pretty good trailer. The music and tone are fantastic. I am not a fan of the twenty second clip show of all the different mutants mostly because a lot of them are more unknown than mutants featured in past films. There are a couple of intriguing elements to the trailer. Why is there a man holding a sex doll behind James McAvoy as he opens what looks like a vault? Why are Erik and Charles about to receive a lap dance from Lenny Kravitz’s daughter? Why is Mystique kissing pre-transformed Beast when she and Azazel, also shown in the trailer, are the parents to Nightcrawler? Those crazy teenage hormones.

Starring: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, Rose Byrne, Nicholas Hoult, Kevin Bacon, Zoe Kravitz, Jason Flemyng, Lucas Till, Oliver Platt,

Director: Matthew Vaughn

Release Date: June 3, 2011

Genre: Action, Superhero Adaptation, Sci-fi
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:28 pm

http://jaimeburchardt.com/2011/02/14/after-work-movie-trailer-x-men-first-class-special/

Movie Trailer: X-Men: First Class (Special)
Posted by J.O.B. On February 14, 2011

So guys, look I know. I know I’ve been sucking the forefront when it’s been about the After-Work Movie Trailers lately, or should I say ‘lack thereof’. When things get crazy in life, they need to be handled. But I really have felt bad for not releasing anything new lately so I’m coming back today with TWO movie trailers, both different in genre but the same in eye candy.

First up is from the folks over at 20th Century Fox, presenting something indie looking film called (kidding of course) X-Men: First Class, from director Matthew Vaughn (‘Stardust‘, ‘Kick-Ass‘). This is a prequel to the X-Men films already out there, and it looks quite…well, it looks good actually. It shows the relationship of ‘Professor X’ Charles (James McAvoy) and ‘Magneto’ Erik (Michael Fassbender) and how their friendship is a major factor to the mutants surviving the Cold War of the 1960′s. So this is before they became enemies.

Matthew Vaughn‘s track record with anything X-Men relates has been hit and miss. He was the original director chosen to do ‘X-Men: The Last Stand‘, but backed out weeks before shooting commenced (something to do with that lousy script, I dunno…). Fox must have been impressed with his latest efforts, because they invited him back for a crack at this, and this time he’s seeing this thing all the way through. Good thing too; the former Guy Ritchie producer is starting to become a hot commodity in Hollywood.

Mark the calendars for June 3rd boys and girls!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:29 pm

http://clairepacker.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/x-men-first-class-trailer-featuring-professor-x-and-magneto/

X-Men: First Class trailer featuring Professor X and Magneto

February 14th, 2011 § Leave a Comment

“Before he was Professor X… he was Charles.
BEFORE HE WAS MAGNETO… HE WAS ERIK.”

Last week the first trailer was released for X-Men: First Class which is due out in the UK June 2nd. I am a big X-Men fan and I am really looking forward to this. Directed by Michael Vaughan, the film is the fifth installment in the X-Men series and is a prequel which focuses on the formative years of Xavier and Lensherr, the formation of the school and what happened to their relationship.

Who’s who in the cast

* James McAvoy – Charles Xavier (Professor X)
* Michael Fassbender – Erik Lensherr (Magneto)
* Rose Byrne – Moira McTaggert
* January Jones – Emma Frost
* Jason Flemyng – Azazel
* Nicholas Hoult – Hank McCoy (Beast)
* Lucas Till – Alex Summers (Havok)
* Zoe Kravitz – Angel
* Jennifer Lawrence – Raven Darkholme (Mystique)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 pm

http://www.billkills.com/2011/02/x-men-first-class-trailer-arrives/

X-Men First Class trailer arrives

The first trailer for Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class has hit the web, and it’s whipped us into a frenzied excitement.

Considering the movie is expected to hit cinemas this summer, there hadn’t even been much in the way of images until recently, so it’s exciting to finally get a glimpse of the 60s-set movie.

First Class focuses on the early days of the mutant superheroes, before Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Erik ‘Magneto’ Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender) became bitter enemies.

The trailer reveals some more plot details, including the fact that the film will take place during the events of the Cuban Missile Crisis – during which the US and Russia nearly started World War III – and that the film will follow best friends Xavier and Lensherr as their relationship deteriorates.

Check it out for yourself below:

There may have been doubt, but Vaughn looks to have but those fears to bed with this trailer showcasing the dramatic, dark and stylish film he has put together.

As well exciting glimpses at Cyclops, Emma Frost, Mystique and Hank McCoy becoming Beast – it looks like McAvoy and Fassbender have nailed their roles, and will anchor the film with weighty, dramatic performances.

We cannot wait.

X-Men: First Class is expected to hit cinemas on 2 June 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:47 pm

http://www.justplainsomething.com/2011/02/x-men-first-class-trailer.html

Monday, February 14, 2011

It hasn't escaped me that I've been writing about quite a few different trailers this month. I also realize that the review I keep promising hasn't been put up yet. For those of you still anticipating the review, I promise you it is coming, but it might take toward the end of the week. For now, watch the very first trailer for X-Men: First Class.

Until I saw this trailer last week, I really wasn't looking forward to this movie... thanks mostly to the X-Men 3 and the Wolverine film. But this looks awesome. Funnily enough, the only part of X3 that I liked was the opening flashback with Erik and Charles going to meet Jean Grey for the first time. Watching this trailer, it feels like that.

Now that I've seen the cast as their characters, I'm so excited. I don't know how they got two smart-sexy looking guys to play Xavier, but they did. Sorry to sound so much like a girl, but James McAvoy is so yummy in this trailer. He does Patrick Stewart proud in his sexiness.

20th Century Fox
Michael Fassbender was cast as Erik/Magneto and I can't think of anyone better. He's German-born, but raised in the UK (which was used to his benefit in Inglourious Basterds, too). He can really bring his family's background into the role in a way that many actors couldn't. He was also the antagonistic, but complex king in last year's hit video game Fable 3, so I think he's up for the complexity of this role. I'm also intrieged by the choice of Nicholas Hoult for Hank McCoy/Beast. While he's been in lost of stuff in the last few years, Hoult is probably best known as the kid in About a Boy. It's crazy to see him all grown up (and apparently getting some lovin', if I saw the trailer correctly).

20th Century Fox
The only person I've really questioning is January Jones as Emma Frost. As much as I love Mad Men, Emma Frost is a compelling character and I worry Jones won't have the presence to pull the character off. I also wonder how if they're keeping the ages accurate, especially when it comes to Mystique. Exactly how old is she supposed to be in this film, considering we see her in bed in the trailer?

What I love most about what I've learned about the film is the plot. Having the film center around the Cuban Missle Crisis is intrieging in so many different ways: the US Government looking into using mutants as weapons, Erik and Charles disagreeing with whether to protect humans or toss them to the wolves, Red Scare paranoia vs fear of mutants, etc. There's so much they can do that would weave into the relationships between these characters while they begin to create Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.

The film opens June 3rd. Are you excited? With such a big cast, were there any other casting choices that popped out at you?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:48 pm

http://www.mrgadget.com.au/gadget/2011/x-men-first-class-movie-trailer/

X-Men : First Class Movie Trailer
Posted By Mr.Gadget

15Feb

Before he was Professor X, he was Charles. Before he was Magneto, he was Erik…presenting “X-Men : First Class” the next X-Men movie which rewinds time and follows the formative years of the X-Men, particularly the relationship between Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr. From the looks of the trailer, we’re all in for some heart-pounding, mind and metal-bending action!

Directed by Matthew Vaughn, “X-Men: First Class” stars Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne January Jones, Jason Flemyng, Nicholas Hoult, Lucas Till, Zoe Kravitz, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy and more! Opens in U.S. cinemas on June 3rd, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:20 pm

http://alanneiljapp.com/alandroid/2011/02/14/x-men-first-class/

X-Men: First Class

Over the years, there has been a boom in Comic book movies. So much so, that many have had re-makes, origin stories etc etc. Every time i hear of a spin-off to a comic book movie, especially one that failed pretty badly, namely “X-Men 3″, i start to cringe a little as i hear the collective cries of millions of X-Men fans worldwide. It was announced a while ago that there would be a sort of re-boot. Similar to the Spider-man one seen in my post below, the X-Men are getting the same treatment.

However Marvel studios are going the way they went with the Wolverine movie and doing an Origin story of how the X-Men came about. This means seeing where Professor X’s school started, how Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr became enemies and so on. They are calling it X-Men: First Class. Which when i heard i immediately thought of the cartoon, which re-hashed some of the X-Men stories and in my opinion was pretty poor compared to the 90′s one. However on finally seeing the trailer, i have to say my apprehension has turned into pure excitement. It really looks like its incredibly faithful to the story of how the X-Men came about and is done in a really cool way. Not to mention they have picked a really strong cast to play the characters. A few unknowns (well unknown to me anyway) but the “important” characters or the ones that the story is most likely going to revolve around, Charles and Erik, are played by James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, who are fantastic actors.

Anyway, the trailer is embedded below. See what you think. Personally i think its aptly named…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:38 pm

http://thescorecardreview.com/trailers/2011/02/14/x-men-first-class-starring-james-mcavoy-teaser-trailer-review/17823

‘X-Men: First Class’ starring James McAvoy – teaser trailer review

* February 14, 2011 10:40 am
* Calhoun Kersten

Directed by: Matthew Vaughan
Starring: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne
Rating: NR
Release Date: June 3, 2011

TRAILER SCORE: 5/10

MY THOUGHTS: I say this as a huge X-Men but for the first time since I saw X-Men origins: Wolverine, I’m scared. It started out like a dream project. Finally, I was getting more X-Men and Bryan Singer was returning to the franchise! Sadly, that was not to be. He’s still producing, so I guess that’s something, and Matthew Vaughan has proved himself capable with Kick-Ass.
Still, this trailer doesn’t inspire much faith. I mean, sure, it’s a teaser but it waste almost half of its running time doing the whole “inter titles and bits and pieces from previous movies” thing. We get it, you’re talking about X-Men so quit talking and show me something good! What follows are choppy shots of various characters that are evidently supposed to be impressive. There are some quality special effects here, especially with Jennifer Lawrence’s transformation into Mystique, but most of it is just tired.
Then again, what isn’t tired seems contrived. Given that its release is scheduled for June, I get that it’s a blockbuster, but various displays of “oooh, look what we can do” don’t make for a good film. I’m holding out for a halfway decent trailer because I’m not ready to give up on this one yet. Some of the visuals are engaging but there’s not enough here to make it worth the wait. Hopefully they won’t keep us in the dark much longer. After all, X-Men: First Class has always had the potential for greatness with its roots in allegory and in this case, it looks like we might be seeing a bit of the Cuban Missile Crisis? I can’t say for sure, but it has definite potential so let’s hope we see more of it soon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 pm

http://roseeclipse.livejournal.com/36622.html

February 14th, 2011
10:15 am - Summer Flicks

Let me get this straight: Marvel is coming out with THREE blockbuster movies for the summer of 2011?! Thor, Captain America, and an X-Men origins flick? Good lord, why didn't they spread them out a bit? Are they trying to smash Green Lantern into emerald goo or just outdo the box office so they'll have a summer full of novelties and cash?

James McAvoy is cute but he looks a little too wimpy to me to play Charles. Michael Fassbender, on the other hand, can pull off a bad-n-sexy Erik. But Captain America is still at the top of the "must see this summer" flicks list.

Fassbender will also be starring in a new version of Jane Eyre. I've already counted (and watched) four versions including the '83 one with James Bond aka Timothy Dalton and the most recent, a 2006 BBC miniseries with Toby Stephen and wonderful picturesque scenes of the English countryside. While I have doubts about the latest adaptation of Bronte's classic novel about the little governess, I believe Fassbender will do credit to the role of Rochester and give a smashing performance.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:31 pm

http://www.hidefninja.com/2011/02/14/the-first-trailer-of-%E2%80%9Cx-men-first-class%E2%80%9D-proved-magnificent/

The First Trailer of “X-Men: First Class” proved Magnificent
Posted by Sha in Film News on 02 14th, 2011

The First trailer of “X-Men: First Class” received a very positive response from the spectators. The people who viewed the first trailer were left stunned as it proved to be much promising after the last two X-men movies. People were doubtful of the trailer being captivating especially after the release of not so cool and poorly Photoshoped group shot of the movie, released a couple of weeks ago.

Michael Fassbender in collaboration with MTV came up with commentary while watching the trailer and shared some of the movie associated talks.

“X-Men: First Class”, a 20th Century Fox movie is directed by Matthew Vaughn. The project first showed a promising sign when Matthew Vaughn was set forth to direct the movie. The movie is to be released on 3rd June and there are a lot of reasons for X-men fans to look forward to it.

The movie script revolves round the two main characters Magneto (Michael Fassbender) and Xavier (James McAvoy). They along with other mutant work to stop the high end social club (Hellfire Club) meant for the elite class. Kevin Becon plays the role of the leader. This time the movie has to portray the younger version of Mystique by Jennifer Lawrence and Beast by Nicholas Hoult. Another interesting character is Azazel brought forward by Jason Flemyng.

This fox movie is produced by Bryan Singer. Singer directed the first two X-Men movies which proved to be the landmark movies in the era for super hero movies. The later X-Men movies were not up to the mark, however performed well commercially.

Singer and Vaughn combination to come up with “X-Men: First Class” looked great on papers and the first trailer of the movie makes it look good on the screen too.

With the Marvel studio release “Captain America: The First Avenger” and the Warner Bros release “Green Lantern”, “X-Men: First Class” is all set to face the tough competition this summer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:32 pm

http://www.weekinrewind.com/2011/02/x-men-first-class-movie-trailer-review.html

“X-Men: First Class” Movie Trailer Review

2/14/2011 Posted by Admin

Movie Trailer Review

By our guest blogger, Joe Oliveto

After two strong films, a disappointing third installment, and a mediocre “Wolverine” flick, the cinematic “X-Men” franchise continues with “First Class,” a movie exploring the origins of Xavier’s school and the moment in which he and Magneto parted ways. Fans have been salivating over this trailer since it hit the web yesterday, and while it isn’t the most impressive preview anyone’s ever seen, it looks promising enough.

The casting of the two lead roles is solid--James McAvoy may always look a little too young to convincingly play Charles Xavier, but he has the acting skills to make us forget that, for the most part. Michael Fassbender looks like he might be going a little over-the-top with his character, but that approach works for Magneto.

While most fans probably hope that this film will deliver on an emotional level—after all, it is the story of a friendship being shattered irreparably—the trailer focuses primarily on the action-movie elements that we can expect from the film. Without giving too much away, it looks as though the plot centers around the Cuban missile crisis, and the early X-Men’s involvement in preventing a nuclear war.

Comic book movies rooted in history tend to work well--one could easily argue that the opening titles montage of “Watchmen” was the most effective aspect of that film. By placing the story in a context with which we are familiar, the filmmakers allow the events on the screen to feel real and relevant. As long as this film doesn’t trivialize major historical events, the approach should work.

Right now, all we have is this teaser trailer, and we’ll have to wait for something more substantial to make a judgment on this movie, but from the looks of it, we’ve got something good to look forward to.

The trailer is below. What are your thoughts?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:34 pm

http://mememachine.viralvideochart.com/blog/2011/2/14/x-men-first-class-official-trailer-released-surprisingly-is.html

X-Men: First Class Official Trailer Released, Surprisingly Is Not Rubbish
AuthorDavid Waterhouse | DateMonday, February 14, 2011 at 10:00AM

With so many super-hero films being released this summer, it is very easy to ignore X-Men: First Class.

Why? Well, after watching the dross dolled out in the last two films in the franchise - X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) and X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) - you could have been forgiven for thinking the crime-fighting mutants had lost their x-factor.

Besides with Thor, Captain America and The Green Lantern all set to be released in the next few months, who needs yet more movies about comic book super-heroes from a tired franchise that has surely shot its last energy bolt?

Well, the new trailer for X-Men: First Class has changed all that. For those of you who do not know, First Class is basically a prequel to the first film, when Charles Xavier (James McEvoy) and Erik Lensherr (Michael Fassbender) were not deadly enemies, Professor X and Magneto, but actually on pretty good terms.

Set during the 60s - at the height of the Cold War - it explores the split between the pair and the forming of rival societies, The X-Men and The Brotherhood respectively.

And, well, the trailer actually looks quite good, racking up over 8,000 shares since it was released a few days ago.

So it seems, X-Men has not lost its x-factor after all.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:39 pm

http://nebula-one.blogspot.com/2011/02/x-men-first-class-trailer.html

Monday, February 14, 2011
X-Men: First Class trailer
Posted by Alwyn Ash Monday, February 14, 2011,

Marvel characters have never been so popular. Or perhaps they have. But this year we are seeing revivals, prequels, reboots, sequels etc. flooding out of Hollywood and the latest to be given the prequel treatment is Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class.

This new feature explores the tensions between America and Russia during the Cold War, and takes us back to when Charles Xavier (Professor X) and Erik Lensherr (Magneto) were young and good friends. Here they are played by James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender.

The trailer looks good, so does the CGI. And Vaughn certainly has the intelligence to make it succeed. Previous directing credits include Layer Cake (2004) and Stardust (2007); he was also producer on the 1998 British crime film Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:47 pm

http://kcarr7.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/x-men-first-class/

X-Men: First Class
Posted on February 14, 2011 by Keith

The trailer for the latest “X-Men” movie, X-Men: First Class, hit the web the other day, providing the first real insight into how the film will be.

Directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass), the film stars James McAvoy as the young Charles Xavier and Michael Fassbender as Magneto. The film is said to focus on their origins, how they meet, their formation of the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants, and then the beginning of their life-long fued. Rounding out the cast is Nicholas Hoult (UK’s Skins), Rose Byrne (Damages), January Jones (Mad Men), recent Academy Award nominee Jennifer Lawrence (Winter’s Bone), and Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, the film’s main antagonist.

X-Men: First Class is set in the 1960s, during the JFK/Martin Luther King Jr. era. The team will be wearing the traditional blue and gold costumes from the comic books, but it seems as though that will be the only thing adapted to the screen. Much of the characters histories will be changed to fit the purposes of film continuity.

One such example is the casting of Lucas Til (Battle: Los Angeles) as Alex Summers/Havok. In the comics, Havok is the younger brother of Cyclops, the leader of the X-Men. Havok never appeared in the X-Men film series before, yet in the first three films Cyclops was played by James Marsden.

As a huge X-Men fan, I’m excited to see the movie. I didn’t have high hopes for it until I saw the trailer. Now, I’m a little less skeptical.

View the trailer here!

X-Men: First Class is set to be released in theaters on June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:48 pm

http://ricochetbiscuit.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/x-men-first-class-trailer/

X-Men First Class trailer
By ricochetbiscuit

This week, the first footage from Fox’s forthcoming X-Men film was released. Since its debut, its kicked up quite a storm amidst the social media world. It only took one hour to make the top 5 trending topics on twitter. and produced a lot of celebrity interest.

Despite celebrity and fan boy interest, the trailer itself has shown a first glimpse of what could be the first creatively and comercially successful X-Men film for a good 7 years (Don’t metion The Last Stand).This film is still a huge risk for Fox. Whilst the last two films have been commercial successes, they were beginning to push away their core support- the comic book geeks.

While this film was chosen ahead of a ‘Magneto: Origins’ film, it seems to be using a fair bit of that story anyway. I refer to Erik Lensherr’s friendship with Charles Xavier as they both discover their powers.

Let’s look at a few positives this trailer is displaying:

- a very cool 60′s vibe, jfk adressing the nation on a black and white tv

-young Xavier, not as knowledgable or comfortable with his powers, as he is in the other x-movies

-young Magneto as the brash rebel- before he realizes that being the bad guy is so much cooler.

-generation 1 of classic x-men gear; the suits, cerebro, blackbird, danger room?

- a bunch of new mutants that wouldn’t get a run in golden era x-men; Darwin, Havoc, Azareal, Moira McTaggart, Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw…

A quick look at the cast/crew:

I was very glad to see the cast and crew assembled for this film, but still wasn’t convinced that it would translate into quality cinema. After viewing the first trailer, many of my worries were put to rest, although I still reserve my judgement for June.

-Bryan Singer; the trailer has his style all over it. Even includes footage from X1 and X2. He is the single greatest element of the first two(and best) x-movies. In this film he is producing, co-writer and ‘godfathering’ the project. His involvement is what interests me the most about the project- wise choice by fox.

-Matthew Vaughn; he directed one of my favourite films of 2010, Kick-Ass. A movie that proved that their can be enough room in a single film for violence, comedy, drama, action, heart and an 11 year old saying ‘c***’. Kick-Ass could have been a fluke, but I’m going to hope to hell that he can impress me again.

-Josh Schwartz; I am a big fan of this guy. His ability to convey the self-centerd dramas of youth, without taking it too seriously, is a true inspiration to me. I am referring to The OC and Gossip Girl, two of his three major network television series. His involvement in this film is still under some conjecture, but i’m hoping that he’ll bring angst to the first class, maybe a Seth Cohen cameo?

-John Mathieson; choice DOP for Ridley Scott- and we all know Ridley is a gun. He dop’d Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven and Matchstick Men, among others. I’m feeling this will be more Matchstick Men than Gladiator, but this film will have war scenes based around the the bay of pigs invasion, so some experience shooting war epics should come in handy.

-James Macvoy; he is playing Charles Xavier, as he is about to finish studying and becoming a professor. I remember when he was cast in Wanted, he said that he never imagined playing a comic book hero because they’re all huge and muscular. I remember thinking, that there are heaps of heroes that are have strength in their intelligence and other non-physical elements. Here, he is playing the marvel universe’s most powerful mind, and a hero nonetheless.

-Michael Fassbender; playing young Magneto/Erik Lensherr. This guy is pretty cool, he did an interview for NYtimes online where he spent the whole interview making a cartoon noises and strange whistles- my kinda guy. I remeber seeing him in Hunger when it first came out, and thinking that he is incredibly magnetic on screen. Now, he is literally playing the master of magnetism.

- Kevin Bacon; playing Sebastian Shaw, President of the Hellfire Club. This guy, what a legend. From Wild Things to Stir of Echoes, he brings home the Bacon. What a match up, Kevin Bacon was born to play Sebastian Shaw. A man who was best mates with Tony Stark’s dad, and started a club for rich elitist playboy millionaires. This guy is Chuck Bass’ hero. What’s better, all the members are ranked as chess pieces, making him the Black King.

-Rose Byrne; I’ve been a fan of Rose since Two Hands

Some quick Notes

I noted that Hazoc’s laser beams were red, not blue or white- i’m guessing so the audience can make the connection with cyclops.

I’m wondering if there will be some romance between Azarael and Mystique, seeing as they are both Nightcrawler’s parents. I notice that Azareal’s teleporting is stylistically very similiar to Nightcrawler in X2- makes sense.

I would have liked to have seen more Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, as I am a huge fan of both the character and the actor. I just hope they are saving his scenes until the actual film.

That’s all for now, but i’ll be looking out for more updates on this movie.

Ash
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:54 pm

http://flash-video-player.blogspot.com/2011/02/download-x-men-first-class-official.html

Sunday, February 13, 2011
Download X-Men: First Class - Official Trailer from YouTube

X-Men: First Class poster
With lots of real excitement among X-Men fans and commercial hype across the Internet, X-Men movie team has finally released the official trailer for its latest installment of the series – X-Men: First Class, which is scheduled to hit theatres on June 3, 2011.

X-Men: First Class movie trailer is crazily hot on YouTube at the moment. The trailer is posted to YouTube X-Men Movie Channel on February 10, 2011, and has already racked up nearly 6 MILLION views so far. You can easily download X-Men: First Class - Official Trailer from YouTube with Leawo Free YouTube Downloader. The backgroud music in the X-Men: First Class trailer is really cool, if you like it too, you can download the backgroud music and tutorial is here - http://www.leawo.com/flash/download-flv-youtube-mp3.html

Storyline of X-Men: First Class

X-MEN FIRST CLASS charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to prevent nuclear Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-Men.

X-Men: First Class Cast

* Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme / Mystique
* January Jones as Emma Frost
* James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier
* Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggert
* Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy / Beast
* Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
* Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw
* Zoë Kravitz as Angel Salvadore
* Jason Flemyng as Azazel
* Lucas Till as Alex Summers / Havok
* Oliver Platt as Man in Black
* Morgan Lily as Young Raven Darkholme / Young Mystique
* Edi Gathegi as Armando Muñoz / Darwin
* Ray Wise as Secretary of State of the United States
* Bill Milner as Young Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto

Main information about X-Men: First Class (Source is Wikipedia)

* Directed by Matthew Vaughn
* Produced by Gregory Goodman, Simon Kinberg, Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer
* Screenplay by Jane Goldman, Ashley Miller, Zack Stentz, Jamie Moss
* Story by Bryan Singer
* Based on Uncanny X-Men by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby
* Starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Kevin Bacon, January Jones
* Music by Henry Pryce Jackman
* Cinematography John Mathieson
* Editing by Eddie Hamilton, Lee Smith
* Studio 20th Century Fox, Marvel Entertainment, Marv Films, The Donners' Company, Bad Hat Harry Productions
* Distributed by 20th Century Fox
* Release date(s) June 3, 2011
* Running time TBD
* Language English
* Budget $120 million
* Preceded by X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:55 pm

http://comic.firstblogfirst.com/2011/02/14/response-to-x-men-first-class-trailer-reaction/

Response to X-Men First Class Trailer Reaction

This past week, the trailer to X-Men: First Class made it’s debut on Facebook of all things. I gotta say that of all the comic movies coming out, this one was the one I was most curious about. When I first heard that a X-Men prequel was being developed I immediately figured it was just Fox trying to cash in on the series again, and after two less than stellar entries, I had enough of them. But then I heard that Matthew Vaughn had signed on to direct, and I’m a big fan of him. I liked the cast that was assembled for this one (minus James McAvoy, he’s always been just “meh” to me) and I liked the 1960s setting. I kept waiting for a trailer because I was curious to see what this would look like.

When I first watched the trailer I was very impressed. It had solid mutant action and hints at what the main arc for Magneto and Xavier will be. I was curious to see what fandom was making of it so I checked the comments the trailer was getting. Many of them were… less than favorable. Then again it seems like every time a trailer for a comic book movie comes out, it gets mixed feedback (unless it’s Captain America). I checked out the complaints fans had with the trailer, and here is my response to the common criticisms of it.

Criticism 1: The effects look terrible!

Once again, it seems like every time we get a new comic book trailer, we hear this. CGI effects will never look good, just accept it. Plus many times when we see a trailer, the effects are still unfinished, so most of the time we’re seeing a work in progress. I’m sure the effects will get much better once June comes around, or at least passable.

Criticism 2: The suits look terrible!”

I don’t think the 60s era suits look that bad, but they aren’t amazing. It looks like we’ll only see the X-uniforms in one scene so we should be good. I will say that I think Magneto’s helmet looks silly from the pictures I’ve seen, but I thought the helmet looked silly on Ian Mckellen too.

Criticism 3: This looks like Magneto will be the best part of the movie

Is this really a bad thing? Magneto pretty much stole the first three movies as well, and it looks like he’ll do it again, especially with an up-and-coming actor like Michael Fassbender playing him. It looks like Magneto’s character arc will be the most compelling part of this movie, and it looks like even the filmmakers realized this and chose to focus the trailer mostly on him. I wouldn’t be surprised if we find that the movie focuses more on Magneto than Xavier, but once again I don’t think that will hurt the movie.

Criticism 4: This doesn’t follow the continuity set out by X-Men Origins: Wolverine

This is also true, but both Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn openly admitted this, but from the looks of things, no X-Men movie is going to follow the continuity from Origins. Darren Aronofsky has stated that The Wolverine won’t be a follow up to the previous film, and Ryan Reynolds has said that the Deadpool script ignores the continuity from Origins as well (thank god). I think that X-Men Origins: Wolverine is just being ignored by all forthcoming X-films, and I gotta say that’s probably a good thing, especially since that movie didn’t really follow the continuity of the previous movies either.

Criticism 5: It looks boring!

Really? Missiles, fighter jets, and submarines being lifted out of the water are boring? What is your idea of excitement then?

Criticism 6: It takes liberties with the comics!

People are complaining that this doesn’t contain the original X-team of Angel, Beast,Ice Man,Cyclops, and Jean Gray. Well, first off, if this team was in the movie it would ignore the continuity set out by previous movies, and lead back to the last criticism. I’ve also heard criticisms about the character of Havoc and the (most likely true) rumors that he will be Cyclops’ father and not his brother. This is a HUGE departure from the comics, I will say that. But I’m not really bothered by this change because I don’t really care for Cyclops or any of the Summers family, so they can do whatever they want with them. But I can see why this big change is pissing off fans like it is, but I’ll just say this: wait until you see how it is done in the movie before you condemn it.

Well there it is, my response to the most common criticisms of the trailer. Like I said, I was impressed with what I saw and I’ll be there in June when this hits. This movie could easily turn things around for the X-Men series, but it can also be just another mark against it. The biggest opponents this film will have this summer is obviously the competition at the box office and the jaded fans. But I loved Layer Cake, Stardust, and Kick-Ass, Matthew Vaughn’s previous films, and I want to see what he’ll do with a bigger budget. Hopefully this will be a success and return the X-Men films back to respectability, because if not then our hopes lie with The Wolverine next year.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 am

http://patrickwillems.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/lets-talk-trailers-x-men-first-class/

February 13, 2011 · 7:44 PM
↓ Jump to Comments
Let’s Talk Trailers – X-Men: First Class

This is the big trailer of the week, and if you’re any kind of a geek you’ve already seen it multiple times. Chances are good you’ve even gone through it frame-by-frame, a process that’s become routine at this point when it comes to comic book adaptations.

Watch the trailer in beautiful HD Quicktime right here.

This is the first X-Men movie in eight years that I’ve actually looked forward to. After the disasters that were X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I couldn’t imagine ever getting excited about the franchise again, but I am, for several reasons:

1. Bryan Singer, director of the two good X-Men movies and the guy who started the whole series, is producing, having mended ties with Fox and apparently convinced them to stop f#%@#&! everything up.

2. Matthew Vaughn is directing from a screenplay by Jane Goldman. If you forgot, they were responsible for Kick-Ass, which ruled. Josh Schwartz, the creator of The OC, is also a writer on it, and I don’t know about anyone else, but that’s good news to me.

3. It’s set in the early 1960s, one of the coolest periods of the twentieth century.

4. The cast. Michael Fassbender, James MacAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, and Betty Draper herself as Emma Frost.

Word has been iffy as of late, with reports of a troubled production that’s still shooting four months before the release without Vaughn on set. Reaction to the costumes and some early stills wasn’t great, putting Fox in a position where they really needed to win people over quickly.

And they did. The trailer worked, people loved it, and now everyone’s suddenly pumped for the movie. The trailer itself isn’t an especially great one (it’s pretty good, though), but it very carefully hits a lot of the right notes. It’s a tricky balancing act, and Fox should be thrilled that they pulled it off.

Right at the beginning it does something I’m not crazy about but which is key for winning people over. The first thirty seconds feature the text “Before he was Professor X…he was Charles. Before he was Magneto…he was Erik,” intercut with a mix of footage from the first two movies and this one. No matter how much money those last two movies made, the general consensus is that they sucked, so drawing an immediate connection to the ones that got people interested in the franchise in the first place might not be the most graceful move, but it’s a smart one.

From here the trailer establishes the setting and characters, making it clear that this is a movie very grounded in real world events. Instead of an evil mutant trying to destroy humanity, the biggest issue here seems to be the Cuban Missile Crisis, which is all over the trailer. The key word here is “grounded.” Yes, the trailer does end with a man using super powers to levitate a submarine out of the water, but it feels more like a character-driven action drama than the last two movies. If you can recall the trailers to those, they were full of epic choirs and slow motion running. There’s no “Wolverine walking away from an exploding helicopter” here. The smaller scale is very much welcome. Even though this is a prequel and the fifth installment in the franchise, it feels fresh.

One of the things I like about the trailer is that there’s a sense of mystery to it. Since this is a somewhat loose adaptation, it’s not clear from the outset how the characters are going to be handled or what’s going to happen. Sure, we know that Charles and Erik have to have a falling out, but beyond that it go down many different roads. In the trailer we get the necessary iconography (the Blackbird, someone with a tail teleporting, Magneto’s helmet), but there’s quite a lot of stuff we haven’t seen before in an X-Men movie.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the most interesting shot in the trailer.

What is up with this room and why does it show up twice?

Teenage Mystique and Beast are going to make out!

The trailer is structured around one cool-sounding piece of music that starts off mellow yet badass and keeps building in intensity throughout. It’s very much a teaser, despite the length, setting a tone for the movie while dropping little hints at what’s to come. There’s nothing particularly revelatory here in terms of movie trailer format (this is no Social Network), but it’s a steady stream of intriguing images that remind viewers of what initially appealed to them about the franchise, even without the regular actors. My biggest issue is the ending, which goes the obvious route of using a big showy FX moment. I can see how Magneto pulling a submarine into the air might be a big deal in the movie, but out of context it’s pretty unimpressive, just a big CGI aquatic vessel floating in the air. It’s not bad, just a slightly flat note to end an otherwise good trailer on. In comparison, look at the teaser to X2, which built the intensity all the way through and then hit its climax right at the end with a tight shot of an angry Wolverine charging at the camera and attacking.

In the end, the trailer did its job. I am more excited about this movie than I was before I watched the it.

Now if they could just figure out how to make Emma Frost’s diamond powers look good…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:03 am

http://creamyhair.com/implants/suit/13/access-week-in-geek-feb-eleven-2011-xmen-trailer-hits/

Access Week In Geek Feb eleven 2011 XMen Trailer Hits

By Jim Kiernan

NEW YORK, N.Y.

In the Access Week In Geek, the trailer to XMen: First Class hits the web, the expel of The Hobbit creates a open appearance, and is the array culmination of Smallville right away set to fly but Lex Luthor?

FIRST LOOK AT FIRST CLASS The most expected trailer for this summers XMen: First Class went viral on Thursday following a complicated pull around the drive-in theatre central Facebook page. The LA Times Hero Complex has both the considerable trailer and an talk with writer Bryan Singer (who additionally unfailing the initial dual XMen films) per the 1960sset prequel movie starring James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender as the immature Charles Xavier and Magneto, respectively.

We have younger versions of Mystique and Beast, so Im really vehement about them and what they move to the film. Jennifer Lawrences work [as Mystique] and Nicholas Hoults description of Beast these are characters that weve seen in the progressing films, but afterwards these are really opposite portrayals and you have to move a lot of courtesy to those, Singer said.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:08 am

http://trailerinsider.com/2011/02/13/20th-century-fox-released-new-x-menfirst-class-movie-trailer/

20th Century Fox Released New ‘X-Men:First Class’ Movie Trailer
Posted by Andre on 2011-02-13 4:42PM |

20th Century Fox recently released the new movie trailer (below) for the upcoming super hero/action flick called “X-Men: First Class” a few days ago,and it looks pretty damn good,featuring more action with a younger cast as it follows the origins of the famous X-Men super heroes.

The film stars: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, January Jones, Kevin Bacon, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Caleb Landry Jones, Lucas Till, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Zoe Kravitz, and Bill Bilner.

The movie focuses on the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and shows a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young boys realizing their powers for the first time.

They were not enemies at the time,but were the closest of friends that worked together with other Mutants to prevent nuclear Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, and began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men. It hits theaters on June 3rd.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:18 am

http://www.popculturemad.com/2011/02/pcm-weekly-update.html

Monday, 14 February 2011
PCM Weekly Update

I, like most people DESPISED the third X-Men film. Where to start? I'll just blame it on a Vinnie Jones Juggernaut and leave the nerd rage there.

For now this first trailer is simply a teaser trailer, complete with clips of the last three films reminding us this film tells us where it all began for Xavier's super team.

What is not to love about this trailer? January Jones as Emma Frost, glimpses of the amazing cast and Michael Fassbender as Magneto pulling an odd looking submarine from the sea surrounded by battleships. I am guessing that the X-Men are helping the US Government to sort out the Cuban missile crisis; we do see the famous historical Kennedy speech being watched by the mutants.

At least this can't be as bad as the clusterfuck of s$#! that was X-3 or even Spiderman 3.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:40 pm

http://nicoleaspiringfilmmakerdavis.blogspot.com/2011/02/mish-mash.html

Tuesday, 15 February 2011
Mish-Mash

So, here's my predicament...I wrote a lovely blog post a few days ago when the X-Men trailer was released, except I couldn't upload the video of the trailer, practically negating the entire purpose of the post. If anyone would care to help with this problem I would be very grateful...perhaps even dedicate an entire post to you!! Secondly I haven't posted since last Tuesday and I happen to have watched a cluster of good quality films since then and now have the mountainous task of including them in one blog post. Plus I have entire post containing content I wish not to delete, but which seems somewhat irrelevant now, so, moan out of the way this is a mish-mash post of various film musings...its not very up to date but I'll throw caution to the wind and continue anyway.

Oh and there are SPOILERS, so be cautious when reading.

Currently absent of accompanying trailer, I wish to re-express my utter excitement at the new X-Men film after watching the trailer. The start of any trailer/movie is for me always the most epic moment. It's when your aniticipation is at its peak and anything that happens from this moment on could effect your opinion of the entire movie. So when the sound of a dramatic song combined with the shadowy 20th Century Fox symbol lit up my laptop you can imagine my zeal. (God help anyone who comes to the cinema with me to see it). I loved how it begins with the empty wheelchair; for comic book fans this is a painful reminder of Charles Xavier's battle with the Shadow King that left him confined to a wheelchair after he broke his spine. There is both a poignancy and a sense of renewal in this opening image; we know Xavier's tragic fate and yet we get to see his journey or at least the beginning of in a different light. Indeed; the next part of the trailer 'Before he was Professor X' sets up the notion that we are to embark a voyage that unravels Professor X's formative years...enter the handsome face of James McAvoy. Some posters on imdb claim to be unconvinced by the casting of McAvoy; of course with Ian McKellen as the formindable predecessor its hard to imagine anyone filling his shoes. Except that he's technically not. This is a new pair of shoes...although Charles was completely bald by the time he graduated high school as a side effect of his mutant nature, but I guess we'll have to suspend disbelief about this one.

Then of course we are introduced to Magneto; as with the wheelchair, we are alluded to the man/mutant he became in the form of his iconic red headgear, but then taken back to when he was just known as Erik, in the fine form of Michael Fassbender, who I think is genius casting. The trailer is then infused with its roots with a Marvel montage perhaps to remind us that despite new creative intentions this is the comic we know and love. The trailer unfolds alongside the edgy and mysterious music in a sort of drama-building way, slowly shots fade from one to the other, all the while establishing a crescendo that we know will evolve into something epic.

The shot of President Kennedy talking about the Cold War places this film firmly in the context of the 60's and the battle in the film echoes that of the one between America and Russia. Then all hell breaks loose. A timely way to introduce the date at which this will be happening. June 3rd is already circled on my calendar.

Emma Frost in then introduced as played by the lovely January Jones, I'm really looking forward to seeing her in a role quite dissimilar from Betty Draper. In quick succession we then meet the rest of Xavier's recruits; Angel, Beast, Havok, Darwin and Mystique. The first dialogue we hear is Xavier saying to Magneto 'Ready for this' and him replying 'Let's find out', an obvious allusion to the movie itself. What follows is an action packed montage of all we have to look forward to; although I don't remember there being anything between Mystique and Beast, which is hinted at in the trailer, but could definately be an interesting sub-plot. Also looking forward to Kevin Bacon's appearance.

The trailer then continues to reveal what is at the very heart of X-Men; the philosophical debate between Xavier and Magneto: the tension brimming between McAvoy and Fassbender as they appear to confront one another whilst sat in armchairs looks thrilling, as does every bit of the mind-boggling action sequences. Closing is that infamous X sign, a darkened screen and a flurry of exhilaration. I'll be counting down the days...

Posted by Nicole_6293 at 09:07
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next