Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Xerxes

Go down

Xerxes Empty Xerxes

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:27 am

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Guy-Ritchie-To-Replace-Zack-Snyder-On-The-300-Sequel-Xerxes-23181.html

Guy Ritchie To Replace Zack Snyder On The 300 Sequel Xerxes

Comments published: 2011-02-15 17:24:04 Author: Josh Tyler
Guy Ritchie To Replace Zack Snyder On The 300 Sequel Xerxes
300 creator Frank Miller has written a sequel to his comic turned movie and Warner Bros. is dead set on turning that idea, Xerxes into a sequel. Until recently it seemed like if the project actually happened, 300 director Zack Snyder would be behind it. In fact back in 2010 Snyder actually said he was working on it. But now, out of the blue, it looks like things are going a different direction. Snyder is out, Guy Ritchie may be in.

NY Mag says Warner Bros. has offered the 300 sequel directing job to Ritchie, best known as the guy behind such films as Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and more recently Sherlock Holmes. Ritchie is currently at work on Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and in theory he’s also supposed to be making Excalibur. So how will he fit Xerxes in? Excalibur could be left by the wayside, if he takes the gig.

The big question here, though, is why isn’t Snyder doing it? He has a stalwart relationship with Warner Bros., in fact he’s directing their mega-important Superman reboot. That Superman movie may well be the problem. Word is there’s a lot of work to be done to get the new Superman going, including some serious fixing of a problematic script. WB is under the gun with their Man of Steel project, if they don’t make it they lose the rights to do so, and that probably means they want Snyder focused, and that means giving 300 to someone else.

But is it worth doing if Snyder isn’t behind it? Let’s be honest, it was almost entirely Snyder’s visual style which made that movie worth watching at all. Without him, there really isn’t any reason to be interested in this project. At best Guy Ritchie could do some close approximation of Snyder’s work, but that seems like a creatively bankrupt move for a director who’s already established himself as a legitimate talent in his own right.

What do you think? If Snyder’s out are you interested? Let us know in the comments below.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Xerxes Empty Re: Xerxes

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:29 am

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/02/16/300-sequel-xerxes-guy-ritchie-zack-snyder/

Feb 16 2011 09:34 PM ET

'300' sequel scoop: Guy Ritchie NOT directing
by Adam B. Vary
Categories: Comic Book Adaptations, Movie Biz

Guy Ritchie will not be directing Xerxes, the sequel to the 2007 surprise blockbuster 300, a Warner Bros. spokesperson tells EW. Reports that the Sherlock Holmes director had been formally offered the job are “an erroneous rumor,” according to the rep.

300 director Zack Snyder, meanwhile, is currently occupied working on the new Superman movie, which is due to start shooting this summer and hit theaters late next year, effectively preventing Snyder from taking the directing reigns of Xerxes until 2012. Whether Xerxes could hold until Snyder would be available is unclear: The project — based, like 300, on a Frank Miller graphic novel — remains in active development but has not yet been greenlit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:32 am

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Dustin03Comics/news/?a=30299&t=Guy_Richie_Will_NOT_Be_Directing_iXerxesi

Guy Richie Will NOT Be Directing Xerxes!
Earlier it was reported that Zack Snyder wouldn't be returning to direct 'Xerxes' and that the job would be going to Guy Ritchie, but the folks over at EW have an update for us...

Earlier, Vulture had reported that Warner Bros. had offered Guy Ritchie the directors chair on the upcoming '300' sequel, 'Xerxes'.

We now know this information to be completely false and nothing more than a rumor, as a rep for Guy Ritchie has told Entertainment Weekly that Guy has not been contacted by Warner Bros. for 'Xerxes'. It's unclear whether they will still be looking for another director, or if production will be held until 2012 when Zack Snyder can return.

Based on an upcoming comic book from 300 creator Frank Miller, Xerxes is said to tell of the history of the "King of Kings" and his rise to power in fifth-century-BC Persia. Supposedly beginning about ten years before 300, the prequel would also offer an opportunity for Gerard Butler to reprise his role as Leonidas.

DISCLAIMER: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal of copyrighted material, contact us HERE.

2/17/2011
EW
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:40 am

http://movienewsguide.com/650/news/300-2-drops-xerxes-title/

’300 2′ Drops ‘Xerxes’ From Title

06 Apr 2011

written by Robert Montalvo

For those wincing at the thought of the follow-up to 300 being called ‘Xerxes,’ you’ll find some comfort in this. Producer Mark Canton says that the sequel to 300 won’t be called Xerxes and the final name is still in limbo. Whatever it’s called, it’s more important to see who will be directing 300 2. Will 300 auteur Zack Snyder come back to helm the project?

“Soon we’ll know what we’re doing,” says Canton on if Snyder will direct or produce. “But I don’t see us waiting two years to make the movie and Zack is very much at the helm of it at the same time.”

Canton talks about the wait lovers of 300 has had to endure since its release in 2006.

“It’s been worth the wait,” said Canton to MTV. “You know, that group of people [who worked on 300], we’re really a family. That’s part of what made that movie… so gratifying. Rather than doing the bad sequel we… took our time. And now I think we have something that is going to be fantastic.”

300 grossed $457 million worldwide and starred Gerard Butler, Lena Headey and Michael Fassbender. After the commercial success the film experienced, a sequel was commissioned soon after.

In late March, Snyder said a script for the sequel is complete.

“[Writer Kurt Johnstadt] and I have finished the script,” said Snyder. “We have a script and… it would be cool to make it.”

No word on when the untitled 300 2 will make its way into theaters.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:51 pm

http://deskofbrian.com/2011/04/mark-canton-discusses-immortals-300-xerxes-new-title/

Home » Movie News, Movies » Mark Canton discusses “Immortals”, “300″ & “Xerxes” (new title)
Mark Canton discusses “Immortals”, “300″ & “Xerxes” (new title)
Posted by Brandon Jones on April 7, 2011

Producer Mark Canton, also responsible for “300″, spoke with ComingSoon.net about the “Immortals” project, bringing Tarsem aboard and where the “300″ sequel, “Xerxes”, currently stands.

CS: Tell me when this project came your way and what made you decide that it was something you wanted to work on.
Mark Canton: What really happened was, after “300,” Gianni Nunnari, my partner, and I were presented every imaginable mythology or historical mythology or graphic novel mythology because Zack [Snyder] changed the landscape with “300.” So we stayed away from it. But a script came to us about Theseus and we though the themes were really modern and really powerful. We responded and Tarsem [Singh] was someone I wanted to work with for a long time, as did Gianni. He had an approach that was very original. He’s the most visual filmmaker, probably, in the world. He had an approach of making this into a Caravaggio-like painting strip instead of like “300,” which was a comic book. So we were thrilled. The script got better and better and we followed the formula pretty much that we had on “300.” In that case it was Gerry [Butler] and [Michael] Fassbender. We went for emerging talent. In this, everyone tested and we loved Henry [Cavill]. No one knew who he was. A year and half of my life I had to say “Henry Cavill. You know, the guy from ‘The Tudors’?” and I’d get a blank stare. Now I just say “Superman” and they go, “Oh, we love that guy!” Then we had Luke [Evans] and Isabel [Lucas] and Freida Pinto. Kellan Lutz. We tend to get very fortunate with the way we cast movies. Or maybe we just have a good sense of who’s emerging. Then we thought that the icing on the cake would be if we could get Mickey Rourke to play the badass bad guy. And he did. He’s a friend of mine, but he’s so, so great in the movie. It came together in a way that took a lot of time and Relativity came in. They’re very modern guys. My own passion for mythology is such that I like to take an authentic story and flip it on its head. I think people get so bored going to history classes. This way, if you’re a fanboy or fangirl or a gamer, there’s a reason to leave the house. Because it’s not worth it if it’s going to be dry. I like to say that we take the sandals out of the sword and sandals movie. It came to life and got lucky.

CS: It’s cool to see Tarsem embrace something like this because he has such a visual style. He’s the kind of director who could take the simplest thing and make it visually engaging.
Canton: But it wouldn’t necessarily tell a story. So we gave him a frame in which to keep his visual prowress, but to tell a story that’s powerful and heroic and about free will. About man and the fight between good and evil, but also is romantic and sexy and popcorn.

CS: I know it’s about the character of Theseus, but can you sum up the plot in your own words?
Canton: The story is basically about Theseus. The Gods recognize that there’s a bow that is very powerful that was embedded in stone and hidden for years. The rules are such that the Gods can not interfere with man’s free will and journey. They can mentor, but they can’t do their work for them. Basically, what happens, Mickey and his Hyperion army go after the bow. Mickey is a descendant of the Titans, who have been trapped underground for eons. The Gods recognize that, if Mickey gets this bow, all Hell is going to break loose. Theseus has the stuff to rise up, but he doesn’t have the faith. The story is one about finding your free will and your faith. About finding that the greater good matters as opposed to not rising up to the occasion. It’s basically the story of him becoming a hero and badass warrior in the battle between good and evil. I’m not going to give you the ending, but it’s very cool.

CS: You’re also producing the “300″ prequel, “Xerxes.” What’s the status on that?
Canton: Zack is working with Kurt Johnstad on the screenplay. We’re taking a lot of time because he really did create something that goes in the time capsule. We want to be faithful to the first one, but we don’t want to do a conventional sequel. But we’re getting close.

San Lorenzo: Apple iPad for $24.87 TODAY ONLY!

CS: Is that something that he’s going to come back and direct?
Canton: I can’t say. I mean, he’s got “Superman.” He’s busy. We’re busy. I don’t think we’re going to wait two years. But we’ll work together with him and figure out who the filmmaker should be if he doesn’t direct it.

CS: It’s interesting to see where “300″ and “Immortals” might diverge in terms of style. Can you talk about where they meet and where they’re very different?
Canton: Very different styles. “300″ is a comic book, based on a comic book. This is based on a screenplay. There is no foundation. It’s the mother of invention. This is 3D. That’s wasn’t. Though it felt like it was. It was better than most 3D. But it’s a different journey. Thermopylae was very specific and a much smaller area. This is a wider journey.

CS: How quickly did Tarsem take to 3D?
Canton: He’s so gifted in terms of his visual style and his technological wherewithal that it’s like candy for him.

CS: Is this very effects-heavy?
Canton: Oh yeah. But, again, the key to me is always good stories, well told. So we had to have good characters and I think we do.

CS: There’s Gods, of course, but are there some cool monsters?
Canton: You’ll see some crazy, cool s–t happening in this movie, yeah. And a very great villain in Mickey.

CS: He’s a fascinating actor in that the things he picks are things that really speak to him.
Canton: You’ll see him in the trailer. Even though it’s not in 3D, you’re really going to get a sense of his take. He had a very specific way to do it. When you work with Mickey, there’s never a dull moment. He had enormous respect for Tarsem.

CS: This is a second God role for Luke Evans.
Canton: Luke is like Michael Fassbender meets Sean Penn with a little Jude Law in there. And Henry is Superman. It’s a very good thing.

“Immortals” hits theaters on November 11, 2011.

TO MTV Canton Says:

“It’s not called Xerxes anymore. We don’t know [what it's called] yet.” Asked why the previous title was ditched, Mark Canton kind of jokes that the film will be ‘Xerxes Plus,’ but doesn’t offer any further comment. He does say of the recently submitted script,

It’s been worth the wait. You know, that group of people [who worked on '300'], we’re really a family. That’s part of what made that movie so gratifying. Rather than doing the bad sequel, Zack led the way, we took our time. And now I think we have something that is going to be fantastic.

Movie Trailers – Movies Blog
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:06 pm

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31350

Two Potential Directors For 300 Prequel: And a new title...

28 June 2011

As reported back in February, Zack Snyder is officially too busy with The Man of Steel to return to the oiled pecs and rhinos and hermaphrodites of 300 as originally planned. The rumblings of Guy Ritchie picking up the baton seem to have gone away though, with Deadline reporting that Xerxes is about to be given either to Noam Murro or Jaume Collet-Serra.

Except it isn't called Xerxes any more. While that's still the working title for Frank Miller's as-yet-unfinished graphic novel, the producers of the movie have opted for 300: Battle of Artemisia.

Murro's only movie to date is Smart People, the 2008 comedy drama starring Dennis Quaid and Sarah Jessica Parker, but his 300-suitability comes down to his FX-heavy commercials work on properties like Halo. He's also been linked to Die Hard 5. Collet-Serra, meanwhile, made this year's Unknown with Liam Neeson, and is preparing to get started on Red Circle, while simultaneously developing Harker.

The story this time focuses on how Xerxes became the peculiar god-like entity presented in the first film, following the death of his father Darius at the Battle of Marathon in 490BC (Darius tells Xerxes the Greeks can only be defeated by a god, so he decides to get on that...)

Artemisium was a naval battle in the aftermath of Marathon (in 480BC), while Artemisia I was Xerxes' only female commander, more key to the same year's battle of Salamis. Does the title have a dual meaning? Whatever: it looks as if we're in for ocean-going violence, 300 style. Snyder's involvement hasn't fully ended with his decampment to Metropolis; he's still producing and has written the screenplay, as he originally promised he would. He is, of course, promising "awesome"...

Owen Williams
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:37 am

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2011/06/29/300-sequel-gets-title-possible-directors/

300 Prequel Gets Title & Possible Director(s)
June 29, 2011 By Dave Roper

Ever since Zack Snyder greased up Michael Fassbender, Gerard Butler et al for 300 and made a mint in the process, chatter has been generated about a prequel or sequel or something.

Frank Miller, author of the original and masterful graphic novel about the heroic stand of 300 Spartans at Thermopylae, was working on a follow-up graphic novel called Xerxes, set before the events of 300 and we’ve brought you an assortment of rumours so far about what might become of a film adaptation.

The title for the film is now said to be “300: Battle of Artemisia” and it will focus, like Miller’s source novel, on the rise of Xerxes following the death of his father Darius. Zack Snyder remains on board in a producer function and has co-written the script , despite now being wholly preoccupied with Man of Steel for WB and Christopher Nolan.

Director-wise, we now seem to be down to two possibilities. Noam Murro and Jaume Collet-Serra. Who they? Well, Murro only has one feature credit on his CV, namely Smart People, though IMDb has him down to direct Die Hard 5. Collet-Serra directed House of Wax, Orphan and Unknown, so has a little more pedigree, but these are hardly big names for what one might hope would be a big project.

So, still more rumours, still very little concrete. No doubt, as with lots of films in development, decisions will suddenly be made, announcements will be announced and all will crack on apace. We’ll keep our ear to the ground, just for you.

Source: Deadline.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:26 pm

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/noam-murro-to-direct-300-prequel-battle-of-artemisia

It's no longer called Xerxes

By Matt Maytum | Jul 17th 2011

Noam Murro will direct the 300 prequel, officially titled 300: Battle Of Artemisia, for Warner Bros.

Murro's only feature credit to date is indie drama Smart People, but he is also attached to Die Hard 5, so the powers that be are obviously confident that he can handle action.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros deliberated between Murro and Jaum Collet-Serra (Unknown) for the gig, before opting to hand the Akira remake to the latter.

A 300 spin-off has been mooted ever since Zack Snyder's Frank Miller adaptation took mega-bucks at the box office

Miller is thought to be readying a prequel to his comic book series, which is expected to be released at some point this year. It was going to be called Xerxes, but as the film has dropped that title, it wouldn't surprise us if the book followed suit.

Xerxes will come to the forefront in the new movie, as he leads the Persian army against an Athenian warlord.

Snyder was once set to direct the prequel, but it seems his Man Of Steel commitments are now prohibiting that. Snyder wrote the script with 300's Kurt Johnstad.

There's currently no word on an expected release date.

Source: Heat Vision

Keen on a 300 prequel? Or couldn't care less? Let us know…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum