Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Michael in Prometheus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael in Prometheus

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:52 am

http://www.bscreview.com/2011/02/michael-fassbender-a-prometheus-tease/

Michael Fassbender – A Prometheus Tease?
Movies | Sasha Nova | February 28, 2011 3:31 pm

If you don’t know actor Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds) yet, get ready, because I predict his will be a household name by the end of 2011. The ruggedly good looking German-born Irish actor is currently filming the “bromance” X-Men: First Class in the role of Magneto, aka Erik Lensherr. That super hero prequel is due out June 3rd and is preceded by the March 11 premier of the latest incarnation of Jane Eyre, a fan-favorite, classic tale of romance, in which Fassbender is Mia Wasikowska’s star crossed love.

If iconic super heroes and period romances are not your cup of tea, then perhaps Aliens are. You heard me. EW.com released that director “Ridley Scott [has] announced that he would be making a prequel to his 1979 sci-fi epic Alien – the deep-space masterpiece that brought us H.R. Giger’s creepy facehuggers, Sigourney Weaver’s alpha-female Ripley, and one of the greatest scenes ever made with a monster exploding out of a man’s chest.” Yes, color us excited. But what’s that to do with Fassbender?

The film, titled Prometheus, which may not “actually be an Alien prequel,” but rather something offering what “keen fans will recognize [as] strands of Alien‘s DNA,” will star Noomi Rapace (of The Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and upcoming Sherlock Holmes sequel) “in the lead,” with Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, and yes, Mr. Fassbender, as her co-stars, “all of whom were said to have signed secrecy clauses for the hush-hush flick.”

Want more? How about some SPOILERS!? You got it, but you were warned!

“It’s a different story, but it’s also got the traditional roots,” the actor said of the project. “Alien fans will recognize things in it. It’s not ignoring Alien, there’s still a link to that world. But it’s a different story. It’s definitely connected, though.” When asked if he’d be playing an android in the film, Fassbender laughs, “I don’t know what I can say!” But as he says this, he glances down at a damning tape recorder between us and nods affirmatively. “I don’t want to get into trouble…”

You heard it here, folks! Sounds like a nod to Winona Ryder as Annalee Call in Alien Resurrection (1997).
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael in Prometheus

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:32 am

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=30849

Michael Fassbender On Prometheus And X-Men: First Class

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly the Irish born actor confirms that he will be playing an android in Ridley Scott's Prometheus, and briefly states his reasons for taking on the role of the young Magneto in Mathew Vaughn's X prequel..
Michael Fassbender has gone from starring in popular but fairly obscure indie fare like Hunger, Fish Tank and Eden Lake to stealing the show in the likes of Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds and Jonah Hex(yes, the movie is actually worth watching for his performance!). And can now be considered one of the most in demand actors in Hollywood. We will next see him as Magneto in X-Men: First Class but he has also landed a role in Ridley Scott's Prometheus, a film which seems to be a prequel to the Alien franchise, but Scott seems determined to set it apart from those movies at the same time.

Here are some excerpts from a recent interview Fassbender did with EW.

Speaking about whether he was a fan of the previous Alien movies..

“Alien and Aliens, both of them,” he says. “And [Scott's] Blade Runner, which I recently watched again. I’m really looking forward to stepping into a Ridley sci-fi world. And the script is really intelligent and has a nice pace to it. Plus, if I’m honest with you, I sort of approach my work as a fan. I’m a massive movie fan and I like to go on an adventure ride as much as I like to see something that has a bit of social commentary to it.”

When asked to clear up exactly how Prometheus will tie in with the previous Alien movies and whether he will indeed be playing an android. A staple of the films since Ian Holm portrayed Ash in Scott's original..

“It’s a different story, but it’s also got the traditional roots. Alien fans will recognize things in it. It’s not ignoring Alien, there’s still a link to that world. But it’s a different story. It’s definitely connected, though.” When asked if he’d be playing an android in the film, Fassbender laughs, “I don’t know what I can say!” But as he says this, he glances down at a damning tape recorder between us and nods affirmatively. “I don’t want to get into trouble…”

And on taking on the role of the younger Erik Lensherr(Magneto) in X-Men: First Class

“I’m in a certain place in my career where a movie like X-Men is sort of the next natural step. It’s not like I’m thinking, Oh, this will raise my IMDB rating or whatever it is. The fact is, I want to have more control over my career and something like X-Men opens me up to a wider audience. Plus, a big movie like that (and Prometheus) scares the piss out of me. And if you’re not getting scared then you’re not succeeding.”

All X-Men Stuff
Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy
2/25/2011
EW
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 24, 2011 8:38 pm

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/05/blond-fassbender-revealed.html

Tuesday, 24 May 2011
Blond Fassbender revealed

The cast of X-Men: First Class, including Michael Fassbender, all teamed up in London on Monday this week to do a photoshoot for the movie. Michael Fassbender stars as a young Magneto in the X-Men prequel which hits theatres next week.

Earlier this month in an interview with The Times it was mentioned that Fassbender had dyed his hair blond for his role as David in Prometheus, and now we can all get an idea of what David may look like.

Posted by Christian Fowler at 16:16
Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:26 pm

http://www.theindustrymole.com/movies/fassbender-speaks-prometheus/

Fassbender Speaks Prometheus

June 27, 2011 1:04 pm
Paul

There is no denying Michael Fassbender is one of the hottest actors on the planet right and now he is currently filming Ridley Scott’s Alien hybrid Prometheus. Talking to the LA Times’ Hero Complex he has had this to say about his experiences… “I walk on the set and I feel like I’m walking on a spaceship… It’s breathtaking. All the various panels and screens and it’s just dealing with a top-notch art department and carpenters and the riggers and everything that goes into putting that together. It’s just, well, breathtaking, all of it… I feel I’ve got it at my fingertips, it’s there but challenging and, you know, I’m excited. I’ve got a few ideas that I’m running with and I think I’ve got a grasp on it but it’s always something that, organically, moving on its own course. I’m having a lot of fun with it. There’s a lot of interesting quirks and niches to him and I’m having a lot of fun exploring it… It’s great. He’s just so precise and fun and mischievous and just full of interesting and quirky ideas for the character. They come to you in passing but then he lets you run with it and there’s a lot of freedom there,” he said. “I’m really just enjoying it and everything in general, the whole crew is so veteran and talented from all departments down, the camera, wardrobe, makeup, props, the works – you’ve got the cream of the crop and it’s an honour just to be allowed to be part of it.” Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba, Charlize Theron, Logan Marshall-Green and Rafe Spall also star; Prometheus will be released on the 1st June 2012.

Paul Furr

Follow Me On Twitter @JustCallMeFurry

This article was originally written for Flmboynt
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:05 pm

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/10/17/michael-fassbender-prometheus/

Michael Fassbender Dishes On 'Fantastic' Robot Role In 'Prometheus'

Posted 1 hr ago by Kevin P. Sullivan in News

One of next year's releases that still remains shrouded in loads of mystery is undoubtedly Ridley Scott's "Prometheus." Starring Noomi Repace, Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender, the sci-fi thriller has puzzled movie fans since its announcement, but little has leaked through from the production.

That is until a recent plot description shed some light on the story from "Lost" co-creator, Damon Lindelof. As Lindelof confirmed to MTV News' Josh Horowitz, the story outline identified Fassbender's character as an android, in the vein of Bishop in "Aliens."

MTV News recently spoke with Fassbender about his robotic role in the upcoming mystery movie and Lindelof's claim that audiences will get a chance to see humanity through android eyes.

"I think it's one of those great things with a really good script writer. What Damon did with that script is fantastic," Fassbender says. "It allows the audience in on more information than the characters in the film."

"Prometheus" will be Fassbender's first movie after his breakout year in 2011. His role as Magneto in "X-Men: First Class" drew mainstream attention and hefty box-office numbers, while his dramatic roles in smaller movies like "A Dangerous Method" and "Shame" could garner Oscar recognition later this year.

Stick with MTV News for all the latest on "Prometheus," and let us what you want to see from the movie in the comments below and on Twitter!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top