Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Fassbender aiming to take off with Alien

Go down

Fassbender aiming to take off with Alien Empty Fassbender aiming to take off with Alien

Post by Admin Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:47 pm

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/film-cinema/fassbender-aiming-to-take-off-with-alien-2567262.html

By Caitlin McBride

Saturday March 05 2011

MICHAEL Fassbender has confirmed himself as one of Hollywood's biggest rising stars by landing a lead role in a new Ridley Scott blockbuster.

The Killarney man (33) is quickly rising through the ranks of the film industry, landing a string of high-profile roles, and will soon be taking on big budget flick Prometheus alongside Oscar winning actress Charlize Theron and The Wire star Idris Elba.

He is becoming one of the most marketable actors in the industry and is currently starring in the X-Men prequel, alongside Mad Men star January Jones and a string of other big names.

But it is his latest role in the highly anticipated Alien prequel that is expected to send his career skyrocketing.

"I'm really looking forward to stepping into a Ridley sci-fi world," Michael explained.

"The script is really intelligent and has a nice pace to it. Plus, if I'm honest with you, I sort of approach my work as a fan. I'm a massive movie fan and I like to go on an adventure ride as much as I like to see something that has a bit of social commentary to it.

"It's a different story, but it's also got the traditional roots. Alien fans will recognise things in it. It's not ignoring Alien, there's still a link to that world. But it's a different story. It's definitely connected, though.

"There's action in it, but the intelligence is what struck me when I read it. It's more sort of like the original ones. There are things happening and building, and the intelligence of the first two-thirds of the film gets you ready for the action."

SEE PAGE 14

- Caitlin McBride
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down