Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Michael Fassbender puzzled by boys' toys

Go down

Michael Fassbender puzzled by boys' toys Empty Michael Fassbender puzzled by boys' toys

Post by Admin Sat May 05, 2012 8:43 pm

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/michael-fassbender-puzzled-by-boys-toys-16154358.html

Michael Fassbender puzzled by boys' toys

Friday, 4 May 2012

Michael Fassbender doesn't understand why little boys love cars so much but aren't interested in kettles.

The actor has been obsessed with mechanics ever since he was a toddler. He knows many young kids are the same, but can't fathom what it is that is so appealing about vehicles.

"When I was four, I just wanted to drive, I collected toy cars," he revealed. "Where does that sort of thing come from? In hindsight you go, 'Oh, liked it because of this.' Maybe it's just the wheel.

"Why does a three-year-old, and it's usually boys, want to drive the tractor or have machinery and be in control of it? I don't know. [If it's because it's grown up] why wouldn't you ask to boil a kettle or something? Maybe you would, I dunno."

It's not just driving which interests Michael, he is fascinated by racing cars.

He has thought about why they are so interesting and thinks it is because the sport is quite dangerous.

"Initially it's the speed [which appeals]," he told Esquire magazine. "I always wanted to drive cars, when I was 12 I was taking a car out? Then I started watching Formula 1 when I was probably 15 or 16, started getting into it. I don't know, there's the excitement. I was the speed and the danger I think that were initially attractive to me."

The 35-year-old does have some hobbies which aren't quite so daring. He is currently embroiled in a lengthy table tennis contest with some of his friends.

"I'm fairly competitive, we've got a little ping-pong tournament going on in my [apartment] at the moment, which has been an on-going thing," he said.

"I gotta say man, it brought so many hours of just pure joy, that little table. It's a miniature ping-pong table."

© Cover Media
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down