Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Prometheus previews and spoilers

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Prometheus previews and spoilers

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:17 pm

cheedles:
Prometheus!~

Prometheus (Greek: Προμηθεύς) is a Titan, culture hero, and trickster figure who in Greek mythology is credited with the creation of man from clay and the theft of fire for human use, an act that enabled progress and civilization. He is known for his intelligence, and as a champion of mankind.[1] (Wikipedia)

In another note~ its the EPIC Sci-Fi movie I saw 2 days ago! It’s basically a story of the humans discovered a star system and seeks for the origin of humankind. But they instead discover a huge threat that leads to the extinction of the human race… This is the prequel to the Alien Franchise~

{I’ve been a huge fan of the Alien Franchise ever since I was about 6 to 7 years old!~ yes…I watched these epic sci-fi horror movies from when I was still a child}

Like I said before..IT WAS EPIC~ it had the suspense and thrill that I expected with all the story, the look . The effects were BRILLIANT. I was in awe the whole time looking at every single detail of the ship, the holograms, the ALIENS, the GORE…They were creative and just bloody brilliant. Grotesque I must say~ (if its applicable) The story was simple but it made a pretty good impact~ There were so many “ohmygod!!” moments..SERIOUSLY. At times I was really on the edge of my seat! At times, I was strangely fangirling at the oddest parts..hehe. The characters were good too!~ they were believable, they weren’t over-acting~ oh yes..but my favorite would be David! I just found him cool, it made me think if which “side” he was on if he was doing things for himself, for someone else or whatever.

{one of the movies I want to make fan art of~}teehee~

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Fassbenderfans
Blogspot: http://mfmultiply.blogspot.com/
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:18 pm

missproblemchild:
I'm sorry. Well, actually no I'm not. If you don't like Prometheus, you didn't get it.

I’m reading your negative comments, all of you. Your lovely opinions are laced with such ignorance it’s literally making me angry. It’s a sad day when stupidity reins, and you can’t appreciate a piece of art because you don’t understand it. But don’t you ever expect the artist to dumb down his work so you can have it exactly to your temperature.

Exhibits as follows. These are real quotes from Tumblr. Literally I’m reading them. This is disturbing.

A) So, the rumors were true… Prometheus was totally a prequel to the Alien series. Who knew?!

B) Make the robots less autistic maybe! Everyone stop being so autistic!

C) WHY DIDN’T SHE JUST KILL THE f#%@#&! ROBOT AT THE END AND THEN KILL HERSELF IN THE WASTELAND?

D) Until last week, I was under the impression that Prometheus was about the actual Greek myth and was incredibly disappointed about that it wasn’t.

E) I think it lacked character development that I ended up not caring who died

F) WHITE PEOPLE. Mistaking selfish desire for righteous curiosity since the dawn of time.

G) I think it’s funny how these sci-fi movies try to be all “futuristic” but then they mess up the smallest things. the surgical arms come down to her stomach and close her up with metal staples. Like, really?

H) Quite simply, he leaves too many things open ended and over complicates the mythology to the point where you have about 800 times more questions than answers. By the time the film ends, I didn’t feel satisfied at all. I wanted to see more. A sequel is mandatory.

I think that’s enough for now. I’m just going to leave all this here for you to marinate in. Marinate in pure stupidity.

EDIT: I felt it completely necessary to share with all of you the newfound joy conservatives are having in the “abortion” scene. “the conception and removal of said alien is not explained or central to the plot”

Why do you live on this planet? Oh because the jockeys haven’t killed us yet.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:19 pm

nodicesoldier:
Prometheus

(Spoilers)

1. Concentrated political and economic power in the hands of the elderly in a future society of untold technological sophistication is VERY BAD. Vote Obama or we’ll all be killed by alien DNA from space.

2. Women still don’t have reproductive rights in 2089

3. The stagnation of popular music is a permanent fixture of our culture. Even a working class African American space ship captain likes 20th century Boomer crap.

4. Make the robots less autistic maybe! Everyone stop being so autistic!

5. Weapons technology still pretty lame.

6. Seriously poor government regulation of massive, frighteningly expensive private sector space exploration. DON’T LET THE KOCH BROTHERS AND/OR LARRY PAGE AND/OR JEFF BEZOS f&#! AROUND IN SPACE.

7. Will Apple or G.E. be around in 2094 to sell America costly automated surgical pods?

8. AN EXTREMELY WEAK INTERNAL CONTROL ENVIRONMENT AT WEYLAND ENTERPRISES.

9. WHY DIDN’T SHE JUST KILL THE f#%@#&! ROBOT AT THE END AND THEN KILL HERSELF IN THE WASTELAND? WE ALL WOULD HAVE LEARNED A VALUABLE LESSON. DON’T f&#! WITH SPACE TRAVEL. INSTEAD SHE’S GOING FULL JODIE FOSTER IN CONTACT CRAZY. WOMEN BE MAKING POORLY CONCEIVED, HIGHLY CONSEQUENTIAL DECISIONS FOR ALL OF MANKIND.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:19 pm

http://klangfraud.tumblr.com/post/24788942929/spoiler-alerts-o-prometheus-presuming-more

13 hours ago | Tags: prometheus spoilers plot hole | Notes: 12

Spoiler alerts o’ Prometheus- presuming more people are going to ask what plot hole I’m bitching about.

Ok, so in the end of Prometheus when Shaw’s child attacks the Space Jockey and kills/impregnates it. The new Alien spawn then bursts out of the Space Jockey in the little pod/capsule that it’s killed in.

The Nostromo crew finds the Space Jockey chest bursted in the pilot seat where it originally was in the crashed ship. If anyone (especially Ridley Scott) would like to explain to me how the Space Jockey’s corpse manages to find its way back to the chair it was in before the Nostromo crew finds it I’d love to hear it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:20 pm

http://ho-kun.tumblr.com/post/24788345243/prometheus-feels

Prometheus Feels

You guys, I kind of loved this movie. I’m a huge Aliens fan so I was really looking forward to this and overall, it was awesome!!! Okay, but seriously, science got f&%$#& over again. Yeah, I expect that, but still. Science does not work that way. XD

Oh, the “archaeology.” Oh, the woman running around after having her midsection cut open. I can suspend my belief only so far. In spite of that, it was exciting and scary!! I let the nonsense slide because this flick was creepy as f&#!, y’all! I legit put my hands over my mouth and face because it was so freakin’ intense! The movie is damn stunning, gorgeous, and dark too. It looks like it’s all in space for real and all the futuristic stuff is f#%@#&! awesome and looks amazing.

Of course, I love all the questions about humanity. I do think the movie created more questions than it did give answers, but I think that’s the point. All the aliens references everywhere! Hahahaha! Perfect.

David. C’mon. That little fucker. He was my favorite. He was the most compelling character. Even though I started off thinking he was a psychopath, I also kind of empathized with him. He has some of the most meaningful dialog. By the end, I still thought he was a psychopath, but a lovable one, oddly enough. I liked his bond with Elizabeth. I would totally watch a dark, violent sitcom of David and Elizabeth cruising through space. That would only be the most entertaining s$#! ever.

Elizabeth is a BAMF! Srsly! By the end, I was like, “Bitch, you cray.” I would have gone home to Earth and been like, “David, you are now my sex slave manservant.” Or something. I gained a new love for the actress. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her in anything before, but she’s intense and talented. Kind of adorable and hot too.

DUDE, aliens everywhere! Very unique, scary aliens. OMG. I was THIS close to being a person that talks to movies. In my head I was screaming like, “NOOO. DON’T TOUCH IT. DO. NOT. TOUCH. IT.”

LOL.

I would totally watch that again. It’s a worthy addition to the series. I really regret not having gone to the 3D showing. Usually I don’t care for 3D that much, but this movie could definitely benefit from it. Visually remarkable! This movie would have been perfect if the science made more sense and if everyone in the movie wasn’t so damn stupid. It’s, like, horror movie stupid. But, I guess that also makes it entertaining. xD
Posted 13 hours ago

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:22 pm

takecareofmyself:

Last night I went to see Prometheus. Spoilers ahead.

First off, it was not as great as the Alien Quadrilogy. But that’s okay because it was still a good stand alone movie. I went into the theater not quite knowing what to expect, but fully knowing that it was not a prequel to Alien. I think that knowledge combined with my experiences with the Rebuild of Evangelion movies are what helped me to appreciate the movie.

In the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, the same basic plot from the TV series exists but from the beginning it starts to diverge into something else. There are small similarities and differences that are purposely placed in the hope that fans will pick up on them. In Evangelion, it’s Shinji’s tape player going to another track that isn’t 25 or 26. In Prometheus, it’s the planet name LV-223 (that was LV-426 in Alien) and the space jockey leaving his chair to find Dr. Shaw (whereas in Alien, he died in the chair when a xenomorph burst from his chest).

It’s not just a coincidence, it is something purposely added to indicate that this universe is not the same as the one you are previously familiar with.

With all that being said, I don’t know why they added the xenomorph in the last scene of the movie. Yes, it doesn’t look exactly like the one in Alien, but it is close enough to annoy me. If the whole point was to differentiate the movie from Alien, why place such an obvious reference to it right at the end? I guess just to satisfy the fans.

Also, I disliked how the crew just gives up hope on Dr. Shaw, after the egg is discovered inside of her, and almost succeeds in forcing her into cryo. Then shortly after she saves herself, there is just this awkwardness between all of them as they go on the mission.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:23 pm

http://vaginawoolf.tumblr.com/post/24786884168/cursory-thoughts-on-prometheus-more-i

cursory thoughts on prometheus: 

i enjoyed it! i kind of didn’t need to see noomi aborting her alien baby in 3 f#%@#&! d, but whatever. it was predictable, but just about everyone in it was pretty to look at, and it sure as hell kept me on the edge of my seat. the 3d was surprisingly well employed - i kept expecting aliens to pop out of the screen or whatever, but effects were used pretty sparingly and didn’t get gimmicky or anything.

also NOOMI. damn, girl.

i guess there were a few not-really-plot-holes per se, but just like, things that didn’t quite come to fruition? particularly re: characterization & motivation? there were places where they could’ve gone deeper & explored more, but i guess it’s not really meant to be a character movie, so whatever.

charlize theron was woefully underused, but she kicked ass in the scenes she was in. i just didn’t quite buy/understnad her character’s motivation? i kept waiting for something more and the whole “daddy weyland wants to live 4ever” thing just didn’t do it for me.

same with fassbender’s david - like, really, even if you’re a soulless robot who wants to keep your creator alive (which he kind of doesn’t, anyway?) where the hell do you get off infecting people with alien viruses just like, because? did i miss something? idg how that would be directly correlated w keeping weyland alive - but maybe it said more about david’s curiosity re: contact with and/or understanding of the aliens? i feel like i’m missing something there so idk

also

WHERE is the fic where charlize theron’s character doesn’t die and instead, she and noomi have to fight for survival out there in the intergalactic wild ~together and/or pioneer spaaaaace like badasses and/or have sexytimes? where is that fic i want it so very much i may have to write it myself ugh

potential prometheus drinking game: take a drink every time someone does something that you would not ever ever ever in a million years do - ie traveling to an alien planet in the first place, going inside the creepy cave, going back inside the creepy cave, opening the creepy door, poking that gunk that’s oozing out of the floor, talking to alien reptiles, accepting drinks from a soulless michael fassbender etc etc

overall - you did pretty good, ridley scott. not that i expected anything less.

ps i wonder if anyone has the url michaelfassbendersseveredhead.tumblr.com
posted Il y a 13 heures

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:26 pm

comradewodka:
txen txen what did you think of prometheus? I saw it as well though my brain is kinda mush right now
miniyuna

Haha a few days later SORRY okay MINOR PROMETHEUS SPOILERS AHEAD

I don’t feel /super strongly/ about it, but I liked it. I wouldn’t buy it on DVD, is what I guess I’m saying.

Things I liked about it:

Fassy was a fantastically good creepy android.
The special effects, god damn. This movie /looked good./ That scene with David and the star map was fantastic.
The score.
Intriguing concepts and/or glimpses into an interesting future world. (I’m a worldbuilding whore.)
The Captain character oh my god he was f#%@#&! fantastic… I liked the protagonist okay too but not nearly as much.

Things I didn’t like about it:

The extremely uncomfortable, very graphic surgery-while-awake-meets-alien-abortion scene. Pretty much all my guy friends told me afterwards “wow that made ME uncomfortable, I can’t imagine for you.” (Though Neil Degrasse Tyson also said that her going through that and then carrying on despite the pain was probably the most badass thing he’s ever seen anyone do in the movies, which is probably true and a good point seeing as how Neil Degrasse Tyson said it.)
The aliens were admittedly, a little bit all over the place. I can /kind of/ see a recognizable progression from the initial proto-facehuggers to the final creature that will one day become the Alien form we’re familiar with. But it could’ve been a lot stronger because most of my guy friends didn’t see a progression at all. Especially when it comes to the “infection” making people transform and go berserk, none of the Aliens have done that before.
Some deaths were honestly pretty pointless. I know this is an Aliens movie and that no one but the protagonist was probably going to make it, but the boyfriend and the blond woman… Boyfriend was kind of pointless, and for the blond girl, the directors actually hadn’t succeeded in making me hate her enough to think she deserved to die.
Some of the side characters were, while not /terrible/, illogical. Why did the /geologist mapping the place/ get lost? Why is the biologist terrified to death of ancient corpses and then /f#%@#&! coos/ over an actively hostile behaving unknown life form? Do biologists not learn about the body language of the animals they’re studying? When something hisses at you and bares its hideous vagina-mouth, don’t /try to tickle it/!

I also have a theory about the ~superbeings~. I think they’re the ancestors of Predators, and they sparked life on multiple worlds throughout the galaxy in order to have incubators for their ceremonial Alien hunts. Their technology looks similar (though, with Geiger everything looks like black shiny vags and peens) they have a similar stature and their armor is vaguely remniscent in some ways. I believe that if you imagine their skin darker and tack on a Predator’s dreads and mouth, they are reasonably skeletally similar. Not to mention the pod room had a shrine depicting an Alien and Predators have a lot of Alien-centric cultural stuff.

That and it’d be kind of retarded to throw in a third random race ~changing their minds about humanity~ when I think this explanation actually neatly explains it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:26 pm

http://media-geek.tumblr.com/post/24786140699/im-back-from-seeing-prometheus-o-o

….I’m Back From Seeing Prometheus o__o

If you haven’t seen it yet, DO NOT READ! JUST GO SEE THE MOVIE! YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINT!

SPOILERS AHEAD. TURN BACK NOW!

Okay so…Can I just say Oh my god?

Oh.

My.

God.

That movie was GREAT! If it weren’t a prequel, it could totally stand alone by itself. AUGH IT WAS SO AWESOME!!

As we all know Ridley Scott loves to mindf&%# us with hidden penises and genitalia in his movies, and boy did I find them all.

-The phallus looking alien worm coming from the black pool of liquid? Looks like the tip of a p****, doesn’t it?

-The octopus like that totally mouth raped the big bad alien? All I saw were Vaginas.

-The alien mother ship? Anyone else notice when the crew was looking at it digitally from straight on, it looked like a woman’s cervix?

Yeah. Yeah. you’ve outdone yourself Ridley.

But I also found the Easter Egg.

In case you guys missed, go back and see it again. It’s worth it. I won’t say what it was. If you really want to know though, message me and I’ll tell you.

But let me tell you, like s$#! these three scenes will forever be in my head:

1) The giant Alien head exploding.

2) Elizabeth Shaw being a muthafukin BAMF and surviving (Removing alien fetus, and dodging death zomg)

3) The birth of the “Alien” or Xenomorph. AAAAHHHHHHH!!! >xD

And the characters, omg, were amazing! I LOVE Elizabeth! She is Ripley before Ripley WAS Ripley!!!! WRAP YOUR MIND AROUND THAT!!!

But some characters pissed me off! D:< Like the robot David! He was hot, but s$#!, he was an asshole! I mean, I can’t blame him because Halloway (Shaw’s lover) was kindof a d*** to him too, but still.

This motherf@#$%#@! Robot completely disregarding The 3 Laws of Robotics, purposefully infected Halloway with Alien DNA, disregarded the fact, let alone cared, that Shaw was pregnant with said alien, and was just a sneaky sneaky bastard! AUUGGH!!!! D:<

Then there was f#%@#&! Evil Queen from Snow White bitch, whom I kinda felt sorry for, even though she was a major hard-ass. I mean, her Father preferred a Robot over her so :/ But, she f#%@#&! sets fire to Halloway without any qualms, and then f#%@#&! ditches Shaw when the mother ship was crashing. Like, wtf woman?!!

I wish certain characters hadn’t died.

Like Halloway, I really wished that he had survived, or at least mutated in some way, but still kept some semblance of himself. I also wish that the two science guys, Fifield and Milburn hadn’t died. The Fifield was cool, and I thought the Milburn was quirky and funny. I would have liked to have seen more from them, than to have seen them die before I could really get to know them.

I also wish that Janek, the ship captain hadn’t died. He was funny and cool, and was the only other decent smart guy on the ship left. I was sad when he heroically sacrificed himself to stop the mother ship.

One thing I was disappointed with was Weyland’s makeup. That’s it. Everything else was great. But that makeup. It was bad.

Really bad. It looked like I was watching a character from a 1990’s sci-fi flick step into this 2012, digital age, sci-fi movie. The actor isn’t that old, and all that makeup was just..too much. It looked SO FAKE. As soon as Weyland appeared I was like “ooh ouch” because DAMN that makeup was bad.

I don’t understand how a movie has enough money to digitally make Michael Fassbender look like a 20 something year old (I mean he looked awesome like..soo hot! He was sex on two legs basically), and decide to O.K. shoddy aging makeup for Guy Peirce. Like..why?

So, overall, the movie was fantastic. Except for Guy’ss makeup, the movie was PHENOMINAL. I would SO totally see it again.
Posted 14 hours ago

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:28 pm

phantom-spaceman:
Prometheus Review

Let me first start, by sying that I am not what you would call a fan of the Alien franchise.

What the hell did he just say!?!

Now, you are probably wondering why I even went to go see Prometheus in the first place. Short answer is that I heard it wasn’t really like anything else in the series, and that is a fact. Where the other movies were horror films with aspects of military shooters and suspense, Prometheus is a science fiction film, with nor real horror to speak of. And, on occasion, I like those types of film. This was a sort of hit and miss experience.

God, I miss playing Mass Effect.

The opening of the movie is really slow. It didn’t really pick up for me until they were actually on the planet and exploring the catacomb area they had discovered. I liked this part of the movie a lot because I felt like something was going to pop out and kill them at any second. So I waited… and waited… and waited, but nothing ever did. And that was one of my first real disappointments in the film. I wanted to be startled, I wanted to feel sorry for some poor scientist getting ripped to shreds, but I never did. In fact, when the scientists did end up getting killed through various idiotic activities, I kind of felt as though they deserved it.

According to the head of the mission, Meredith Vickers (Charlize Theron), the company that put together the exploration mission payed a whooping 7 trillion dollars to assemble the ship and crew. After watching how some of the sceintists conducted themselves, I came to believe that most if not all of the money was used to build the ship and hire it’s captain, Janek (Idris Elba), leaving very little to aquire legitimate scientists. I know this might seem a little nit-picky, but what biologoist holds his hand out to touch an alien life form that he knows nothing about, let alone one that looks like a cobra!

It’s soooo beautiful… MUST TOUCH!!!

ssbender, Idris Elba and Noomi Rapace all did amazing jobs. They are a big part of why I really liked the film.

Idris Elba is a scene steelah!

In the end, I really thought that maybe because I wasn’t a big fan of the original movies, that I had missed something in Prometheus. Especially, because it has been hyped up sooo much. I was told though by three of my friends that I saw the movie with (who are HUGE Alien fans) That the movie was a little lacking to them as well. After all is said and done, I give the movie 2 out of 4 stars. I think that it will be well received by most, while leaving others lost and wanting.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:29 pm

movietalkplease:
Unrealism & The Prometheus Stapling

In Promtheus, (I do not intend to spoil anything therefore I will leave the events vague and just focus on what I’m talking about) there is a piece of machinery known as the Emergency Proceduce Chamber or some such thing like that. Basically it’s a pod similar to that of the cryogenic ones and it’s function is to perform emergency surgery on you.

I’m going to skip over the emergency surgery and all the ridiculously illogicalness that is behind the procedure we see and move along to after the procedure is done. The character (Withholding the name) is laying there with a giant incision in their gut. The first thing that pops into my head is that the machine is going to bust out with a laser to seal the wound and automatically heal the character. And instead, what does the machine do? It staples that wound closed! Maybe it’s because it was an emergency surgery and that is why it opts for staples over the laser. Perhaps because if it is the laser, the insides will still be damaged and will now be unreachable.

Perhaps.

But me being me, I think it is a very clever little detail. Perhaps I’m overanalyzing but we see the campy Laser Incision-Destroyer, (a name of my own making) in sci-fi films constantly! Everywhere! Plus, this being a prequel to Alien, most of the technology and landscape of the ship is already know to us if we have seen Alien. So, here is something new and something very thought out, if only in this one detail! This being before Alien, the technology must be a little more primitive and less well-developed. It’s like an experimental drug. This machine staples you back together! And really, to be honest, I’m tired of the obscene amounts of unrealism that appears in the sci-fi world. Can we make science fiction that at least makes some minimal attempt at attaching itself even slightly to reality? Here we have the most improbable of all the improbables in the film with the most unbelievable procedure of all time and there at the end of all of it is one realistic detail!

Perhaps the only one in the film!

Rant over.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 pm

bluebleakembers:
I finally saw Prometheus (no spoilers)

AND IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Quick-Background-That-Might-Not-Make-Sense-To-Anyone-Else-But-This-Is-Tumblr-So-What-The-Hell:

In February, I had what is probably the most vivid dream I’ve ever had. Unfortunately it was a nightmare. There was this psychopath that was chasing me all over. For some reason there was a bunch of military people protecting me. The army guys, myself, and… I can’t remember if she was a friend or if she was just a diplomat person with the army guys. Anyway, we were running from the killer. We kept one step ahead. Then I had to duck out for some reason, to get groceries I think or maybe just to use the bathroom or something. When I came back into the main room (of where we were staying) all of the others were dead. Their guts were everywhere and it was very gory and detailed. I knew this meant the killer was there and looking for me so I ran through the house. He ended up right behind me, but I somehow slowed him down so I had a pretty good lead by the time I got to the garage. Even though the inside was different, the outside of the house was like a friend of mine’s. The garage had one big door out, but there were two front doors back up on the right, so the maniac could come through either way. That was when I realized running wasn’t my only option. So I grabbed a shovel and got to a position where I could see him coming from either of the exits. He came through the garage (oh, quick bit of info, Balthazar (from Supernatural) was with him because he was bored and high or something, also Balthazar was carrying a gun) and I smashed him and Balthazar up with a shovel. I got them tied up and tried to take the gun from Balthazar who didn’t really care if I died anyway. But he was (as I said) high or something so he was talking nonsense and accidently pulled the trigger, shooting me in the stomach. There was a car outside and I managed to get in. This guy from my debate team then came around the corner. Since I was dying, I asked him to drive me to the hospital. But he said he didn’t want to because it was too much effort and he was busy. I was shouting abuse at him when I woke up.

Anyway, so you know how books or movies or dreams can have a certain feel to them, or ambiance or something. That dream and Prometheus had the same feel to them. I thought that was cool.

And Shaw was so badass. The whole premise was just so interesting and spectacular. Ah! I want the dvd when it comes out!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:31 pm

http://coatcollar.tumblr.com/post/24782996190/prometheus

PROMETHEUS?

DAVID 8?

I can’t even look at fassbender anymore WHAT EVEN DAVID 8

also can we talk about david 8 and frankenstein’s creature at the same time

and how the creature had ALL THE FEELINGS and david had NONE OF THEM but they have the same curiosity and the same destructive tendencies

and had the same effect in the end

HUMANS. CREATING s$#! IS DANGEROUS.

ALIENS. CREATING s$#! IS DANGEROUS.

omg also can we talk about abandonment issues? ALIENS YOU ABANDONED YOUR HUMANS. HUMANS YOU ARE REALLY AWFUL TO YOUR DAVID 8. MR. WEYLAND YOU ARE HORRIBLE TO YOUR DAUGHTER.

ALSO WHY ARE THE MOVIES HAVING ABANDONMENT FEELS THESE DAYS. what are we trying to say as a collection of human beings people.

and charlize theron’s character’s relationship with her ROBOT BROTHER? because THE PATRIARCHY and DADDY ISSUES

also Strong Female Character Elizabeth Shaw Getting s$#! Done or at least I want her to be a strong female character can I watch it again???

also cheekbones lady Noomi Rapace

AUGH PROMETHEUS

i cannot lie i hid behind my hands for most of the movie

9:30 pm • 9 June 2012 • 1 note

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:36 pm

isoldmysoultofilm:

Movies seen in 2012 - #39: Prometheus (2012)

Despite the fact that Damon Lindelof trips over himself with the script (several times actually), Ridley Scott’s return to sci-fi is a very ambitious thrill ride that was worth the wait.

One thing I appreciate the most is that the film was able to release with an R rating, because Scott was able to include some scenes that are almost to the level of shock and intensity as many of Alien’s memorable scenes.

The cast is solid as solid can be, the cinematography is suitable for the film’s scope (especially when viewed in 3D), and Mark Streitenfield’s score compliments the film with eerily organic greatness.

Most of my problems with the movie lie in the last 20 minutes, but certain scenes that happen in those 20 minutes also left me content with myself. I’ll see how I feel after a potential second viewing, but until then, I still recommend it for those who are interested.

Rating: 8/10

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top