Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Prometheus previews and spoilers 2

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Prometheus previews and spoilers 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Prometheus previews and spoilers 2

Post by Admin Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:32 pm

beyondmetaphors:
Prometheus: A Review (Spoiler Free)

I’ve been excited for Prometheus since it was little more than whispers. I was excited for it when it was going to be a prequel to Alien—one of my favorite films of all time. I was still excited when that was changed and it was announced that Prometheus would stand on its own, inhabiting the same universe Ridley Scott created in 1979, but telling its own story.

As a year passed, my excitement grew. Finally, teasers and trailers were released and it was getting to the point where I wanted to pull my hair out because I wasn’t able to see what easily looked like one of the best movies this year.

And then I got worried. Reviews started to pour in and they were all over the place. Some critics passed it off as nothing special while others showered it with praise, one even going as far as saying it was Scott’s greatest work since 1982’s Blade Runner. Then I watched the Rotten Tomatoes rating drop down to a 73%. What was going on? Had nearly a year of hype been wasted on a mediocre product?

I didn’t know what to think. I started to have my doubts. But I kept telling myself to not form my opinion based on those of others. I was going to go into the theater with my mind free of assumption and judge the movie after I saw it. I mean, that’s what you’re supposed to do. But sometimes it can be a little hard.

So at 12:01 AM, the theater darkened and the screen flickered with light and the film that I had waited for for what seemed like an eternity began. And two hours later I left the theater with the biggest smile on my face. Prometheus had completely delivered.

The drive home was spent with a racing mind, going back to every moment in the film and trying to connect all the dots that are purposely left open. There’s a thousand theories you can pull from Prometheus if you sit down and truly analyze it. It can keep your mind working for hours, as it did with me.

I’m not here to spoil the film for anyone. I understood quickly that this will be a film that will be split on opinion. You’ll either hate it or love it. But for me, I thought it was absolutely magnificent.

Ridley Scott stated time and time again that Prometheus would hardly be a prequel to Alien. He sort of lied and sort of didn’t. It should be looked at as more of a companion piece rather than a direct prequel. If you’re a fan of the Alien franchise, prepare to be satisfied by all the links to the 1979 classic. If you’ve never seen Alien, that’s a big mistake on you’re part, but it is equally as satisfying.

Prometheus took me back to a different era of film-making without becoming overly cheesy or a bad cliché of itself. It provides all the intensity and excitement of Scott’s first science fiction venture while supplying philosophical contexts for a new generation.

The reviews may be split across the board. Don’t let them worry you like they did me. Prometheus delivers. I left the theater wishing I could turn around and see it all over again. For me, a film like Prometheus is the reason why I go to movies.

It may not be as much of a triumph as Alien, but Prometheus can surely hold its own as a marvelous film that leaves you thinking long after you’ve made it home.

(Also, can I just take the time to praise Micheal Fassbender for his portrayal as David? I really wanted to mention that in the review, but I sort of got carried away. Superb job.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7