Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Prometheus sequel news

Go down

Prometheus sequel news Empty Prometheus sequel news

Post by Admin Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:55 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/prometheus-damon-lindelof-sequel-ridley-scott-paradise-332875

JUN
5 DAYS
'Prometheus' Writer Damon Lindelof on Rumored Sequel 'Paradise' and Whether He's the Man to Write It
The former "Lost" producer observes, "We have to be very careful about what we’re saving for later -– because there might not be a later."
10:35 AM PDT 6/5/2012 by Todd Gilchrist

The Lost writer and producer said he and Scott had serious conversations about what would and wouldn’t go into Fox's Prometheus, which opens June 8 in North America.

PHOTOS: Never-Seen Images From 'Prometheus' (Exclusive)

“Ridley was very interested in talking about, ‘What are the answers to the questions that Prometheus is posing that are not necessarily definitively spelled out in the body of Prometheus?’ ” Lindelof says.

“I said to him, we should be prepared for people to feel frustrated if we’re going to be withholding, so we have to be very careful about what we’re saving for later," he continues. "Because it’s not a foregone conclusion that there are going to be sequels, and so if there isn’t a sequel, just be comfortable with what we gave them in this movie."

Lindelof says that his experience on the acclaimed but decidedly polarizing Lost attuned him to the opportunities -- and responsibilities -- of creating a mythology for Prometheus that audiences will care about.

“The audience is given a little more information than the characters in the movie have,” he explains. “And it’s our hope that fires the imagination up enough for them to say, ‘I might want to see Prometheus again’ or ‘I definitely want to see where this movie takes me.’ Because this movie has two children: One of these children grows up to be Alien, but the other child is going to grow up, and God knows what happens to them. And that’s what the sequel to Prometheus would be.”

When Scott originally launched the project with screenwriter Jon Spaihts, the director suggested that the title be Paradise, heralding the word’s “spooky connotations.”

After Lindelof took over the reins on the script, the title changed to Prometheus, though rumors linger that Scott might revive Paradise for a sequel.

“That’s only a title that was being tossed around at various stages in the development,” Lindelof says. “He did need to know what the answers to some of these questions are in Prometheus, just to shoot Prometheus. [But] Ridley was very confident and assured in saying, ‘I’m very comfortable with exactly what Prometheus is providing.’ ”

PHOTOS: Ridley Scott: His Life and Work

Lindelof’s next project is 1952, an epic tentpole written for Disney to be directed by Brad Bird that, like its predecessors, is shrouded in secrecy. But he admits that he’d be tempted to come back to write a sequel, even if he acknowledges that the fledgling series might benefit from some new blood the next time around.

“Right now my focus is doing this movie for Disney, and then I obviously want to do another television show, but if Ridley wants me to be involved in something, that would be hard to say no to,” he says. “At the same time, I do feel like the movie might benefit from a fresh voice or a fresh take or a fresh thought. Sometimes the baton should be passed, if that’s what the story demands.

“I had [Prometheus] for the period of time that I was running the race, and if that story continues, it could actually benefit going into someone else’s able hand," Lindelof adds. "Although, I feel like some of the iceberg below the water for any potential future movies in that storyline has already been constructed based on conversations that Ridley and I had about it.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prometheus sequel news Empty Re: Prometheus sequel news

Post by Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/summer-movie-franchise-avengers-snow-white-magic-mike-356583

Summer's Studio Smackdown: From 'Men in Black 3' to 'Prometheus,' Which Franchises Will Get Another Chapter
8:00 AM PDT 8/1/2012 by Pamela McClintock, Tatiana Siegel

FOX

The studio's big summer bet was Ridley Scott's Prometheus, June's sort-of Alien prequel. The $130 million-budgeted film grossed a solid but not spectacular $303 million globally, putting it right on the franchise bubble. Fox confirms to THR that Scott and the studio actively are pushing ahead with a follow-up (stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are signed) and are talking to new writers because Prometheus co-scribe Damon Lindelof might not be available. "Ridley is incredibly excited about the movie, but we have to get it right. We can't rush it," says Fox president of production Emma Watts, who also has overseen the successful reboots of the X-Men and Planet of the Apes franchises. A Prometheus sequel would be released in 2014 or 2015.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:16 pm

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1691000/prometheus-sequel.jhtml

PROMETHEUS Sequel Targeted for 2014 or 2015 Release; Damon Lindelof May Not Return
by Adam Chitwood Posted: August 1st, 2012 at 11:30 am

It looks as if the Prometheus sequel is indeed moving forward. Anticipation for Ridley Scott’s Alien-esque sci-fi pic was at a fever pitch when the film hit theaters, but reaction was enthusiastically polarized. Some loved that Scott left many questions unanswered and tackled large ideas, while others were distracted by the script’s plot holes and ridiculously inept scientists. I fell somewhere in between, but I’d by lying if I said I wasn’t interested in seeing where Scott plans to go for the follow-up.

Fresh off the film’s healthy box office take (especially for an R-rated sci-fi movie), Fox has now revealed that they are actively moving forward with the Prometheus sequel, and screenwriter Damon Lindelof may not be returning this time around. Hit the jump for more.

michael-fassbender-prometheus-2-sequelIn a feature over at THR that runs down this summer’s blockbusters by studio, Fox confirmed that Scott and the studio are “actively pushing ahead with a follow-up,” with an eye towards a 2014 or 2015 release. Moreover, Fox is talking to new writers about coming onboard to pen the sequel because Prometheus co-writer Lindelof may be unavailable. The Lost co-creator recently had to pass a rewrite job on World War Z over to Drew Goddard because he’s currently focused on writing and prepping his new TV series at HBO.

Scott has made no secret about the fact that he’s incredibly keen on making a sequel to Prometheus, and shortly after the pic opened I penned a rundown of what we knew about the follow-up so far. Scott had revealed that he knew exactly where the sequel would be going while he was making Prometheus:

“I know where it’s going. I know that to keep [David] alive is essential and to keep [Elizabeth] alive is essential and to go where they came from, not where I came from, is essential.”

damon-lindelof-prometheus-2-sequelBoth Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are contracted to return for the follow-up (which could easily become one of the best roadtrip movies ever), but there’s no word on whether any of the other characters would appear in flashbacks or whatnot. I would be genuinely interested to see Lindelof return to pen the sequel, but I understand he’s a busy guy and Scott wants to get moving on Prometheus 2 sooner rather than later. The scribe previously talked about his involvement/non-involvement with the follow-up:

“If Ridley wants me to be involved in something, that would be hard to say no to. At the same time, I do feel like the movie might benefit from a fresh voice or a fresh take or a fresh thought. Sometimes the baton should be passed, if that’s what the story demands. I had [Prometheus] for the period of time that I was running the race, and if that story continues, it could actually benefit going into someone else’s able hand. Although, I feel like some of the iceberg below the water for any potential future movies in that storyline has already been constructed based on conversations that Ridley and I had about it.”

prometheus-movie-poster2014 seems a bit early, especially since Scott is developing a Blade Runner sequel that he’s high on directing as well. I assume 2015 is a more likely release date for Prometheus 2, and Fox president of production Emma Watts cautioned that they don’t want to rush things too quickly on the follow-up:

“Ridley is incredibly excited about the movie, but we have to get it right. We can’t rush it.”

It’s incredibly refreshing to see that Fox is interested in making sure that the film is ready before they stamp a firm release date on Prometheus 2, so hopefully the final product will be well worth the wait. For now, it sounds like we’ll definitely be following Fassbender and Rapace’s characters on their quest to find where the Engineers came from (the planet shown in Prometheus was not the home planet of the Engineers, nor the same planet visited in Alien), and I’m more than intrigued to see the end result.

For much more on what the possible follow-up could entail, including a possible answer to one of the major lingering questions in Prometheus—why did the Engineers target humanity for destruction?—click on over to our previous recap of Prometheus 2. Sound off in the comments with your thoughts on this sci-fi sequel, as I’m sure there are many.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:31 pm

http://collider.com/prometheus-2-sequel-2014/185603/

PROMETHEUS Sequel Targeted for 2014 or 2015 Release; Damon Lindelof May Not Return
by Adam Chitwood Posted: August 1st, 2012 at 11:30 am

It looks as if the Prometheus sequel is indeed moving forward. Anticipation for Ridley Scott’s Alien-esque sci-fi pic was at a fever pitch when the film hit theaters, but reaction was enthusiastically polarized. Some loved that Scott left many questions unanswered and tackled large ideas, while others were distracted by the script’s plot holes and ridiculously inept scientists. I fell somewhere in between, but I’d by lying if I said I wasn’t interested in seeing where Scott plans to go for the follow-up.

Fresh off the film’s healthy box office take (especially for an R-rated sci-fi movie), Fox has now revealed that they are actively moving forward with the Prometheus sequel, and screenwriter Damon Lindelof may not be returning this time around. Hit the jump for more.

michael-fassbender-prometheus-2-sequelIn a feature over at THR that runs down this summer’s blockbusters by studio, Fox confirmed that Scott and the studio are “actively pushing ahead with a follow-up,” with an eye towards a 2014 or 2015 release. Moreover, Fox is talking to new writers about coming onboard to pen the sequel because Prometheus co-writer Lindelof may be unavailable. The Lost co-creator recently had to pass a rewrite job on World War Z over to Drew Goddard because he’s currently focused on writing and prepping his new TV series at HBO.

Scott has made no secret about the fact that he’s incredibly keen on making a sequel to Prometheus, and shortly after the pic opened I penned a rundown of what we knew about the follow-up so far. Scott had revealed that he knew exactly where the sequel would be going while he was making Prometheus:

“I know where it’s going. I know that to keep [David] alive is essential and to keep [Elizabeth] alive is essential and to go where they came from, not where I came from, is essential.”

damon-lindelof-prometheus-2-sequelBoth Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are contracted to return for the follow-up (which could easily become one of the best roadtrip movies ever), but there’s no word on whether any of the other characters would appear in flashbacks or whatnot. I would be genuinely interested to see Lindelof return to pen the sequel, but I understand he’s a busy guy and Scott wants to get moving on Prometheus 2 sooner rather than later. The scribe previously talked about his involvement/non-involvement with the follow-up:

“If Ridley wants me to be involved in something, that would be hard to say no to. At the same time, I do feel like the movie might benefit from a fresh voice or a fresh take or a fresh thought. Sometimes the baton should be passed, if that’s what the story demands. I had [Prometheus] for the period of time that I was running the race, and if that story continues, it could actually benefit going into someone else’s able hand. Although, I feel like some of the iceberg below the water for any potential future movies in that storyline has already been constructed based on conversations that Ridley and I had about it.”

prometheus-movie-poster2014 seems a bit early, especially since Scott is developing a Blade Runner sequel that he’s high on directing as well. I assume 2015 is a more likely release date for Prometheus 2, and Fox president of production Emma Watts cautioned that they don’t want to rush things too quickly on the follow-up:

“Ridley is incredibly excited about the movie, but we have to get it right. We can’t rush it.”

It’s incredibly refreshing to see that Fox is interested in making sure that the film is ready before they stamp a firm release date on Prometheus 2, so hopefully the final product will be well worth the wait. For now, it sounds like we’ll definitely be following Fassbender and Rapace’s characters on their quest to find where the Engineers came from (the planet shown in Prometheus was not the home planet of the Engineers, nor the same planet visited in Alien), and I’m more than intrigued to see the end result.

For much more on what the possible follow-up could entail, including a possible answer to one of the major lingering questions in Prometheus—why did the Engineers target humanity for destruction?—click on over to our previous recap of Prometheus 2. Sound off in the comments with your thoughts on this sci-fi sequel, as I’m sure there are many.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:37 am

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Damon-Lindelof-Explains-What-Going-With-Prometheus-2-36634.html

Damon Lindelof Explains What's Going On With Prometheus 2
Author: Sean O'Connell | published: 2013-03-27 15:47:17

When Sir Ridley Scott’s Prometheus ended – and stop there if you haven’t seen the movie yet – Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) and the head of David the android (Michael Fassbender) were piloting a ship to find the original Engineers and question them about their plans to wipe humanity off the face of the Earth. It seemed to cleanly set up a sequel… only sources close to Scott’s camp are saying he doesn’t know what should happen next in the story and execs at 20th Century Fox are “freaking out.”

That’s the rumor shared by Bloody Disgusting, which quotes a source saying that the pre-production on a possible Prometheus sequel has the movie “in flux, and in a state of jeopardy.” Providing a little backstory, the site notes that Jon Spaihts’ initial treatment for Prometheus was supposed to lead directly to Scott’s Alien, with the ship that crashes being the Space Jockey craft that Ripley discovers later. But Fox execs, as the rumor goes, didn’t want only one potential Alien prequel, and Damon Lindelof was brought in to reprogram the Prometheus script to become a possible trilogy.

But that’s where the story fractures. BD does have a quote from Spaihts that says he and Scott did discuss the possibility of a trilogy, and the screenwriter had “pretty broad notes” as to how the new movies would connect to Alien. “The baton pass,” he calls it. “Closing the circle, if you will.”

Instead, Lindelof left the circle open … then left the franchise altogether. The Lost writer announced a few months ago that he would not be back to pen the Prometheus sequel, leaving the next step to a new screenwriter. And as Spaihts has said, that creates difficulties:

“That shot of the ship flying at the end offers a lot of creative ways to play with this,” he said. “But it feels like it brackets you into the search for the Engineer homeworld and home civilization. That’s an interesting challenge.”

Of course, Lindelof has a different take on the matter. As this news story was coming together, Lindelof sent an email to Slash Film explaining what's going on behind the scenes of the possible sequel:

“The unglamorous truth is this: During the creative process of Prometheus, all involved (that includes Fox and Ridley) had a strong desire for this film to launch off in its own way so that by the end, it would not connect directly to the original Alien, but instead run parallel to it. This is something that I talked about many, many times in the press burst around the release of the movie. As you probably remember, there was a lot of interest as to whether Prometheus was a “prequel” — the answer was, “Yes. Sort of. But if there was a sequel to Prometheus, it would not be Alien.”

Taking the strong foundation that Jon Spaihts had already written, I worked on the script to this end — and yes, during that process, Ridley did occasionally riff on what he felt might happen next as Shaw and David’s Head ventured off of LV-223 in search of wherever The Engineers had come from.

After the movie came out and discussions began about a possible sequel, I was already neck deep in writing and producing Tomorrowland with Brad Bird. I have found, unfortunately, that if I take on too many projects at one time, there is a higher probability of those projects sucking. And contrary to popular belief, I do not want anything I work on to suck. I really don’t. I care about these stories deeply — not just as a writer, but as a fan. It might not always feel that way to the audience, but I swear to God it is true. It also so happens that Ridley was about to embark on directing his next movie, The Counselor, and had another one, Child 44 lined up right behind it. The conclusion was obvious — In the best interest of the franchise, it was best to take myself out of the running before I had to suffer the embarrassment of potentially not even being offered it.

And that it is the complete (if not somewhat boring) truth.”

As to the state of Fox in preparation of a Prometheus sequel, Lindelof had little to add because he says he’s out of the process … but he denies the fact that him leaving the universe has anything to do with the uncertainty possibly facing a Prometheus sequel.

This is a lot to digest. Fox continues hammering out plans for a Prometheus sequel, and the right screenwriter could build on the foundation Lindelof and Spaihts left for them. We’ll see what happens, but this is an interesting bit of back and forth on a project that’s not 100% guaranteed to happen at this point.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:15 am

http://www.prometheusnews.net/movie/prometheus-sequel-official-release-date-writer/

Prometheus Sequel gets an official release date and new Writer, and Multiple Fassbender’s
March 24, 2014 · by Jonesy · in Prometheus

The Wrap has reported that Writer Michael Green (The Green Lantern, Bladerunner 2) has been tapped to rewrite Jack Paglen’s ( Transcendence) initial script.

Details regarding “Untitled Ridley Scott Project” that 20th Century Fox announced it will release in March 2016 is “Prometheus 2,” although the film may not ultimately use that title (…hopefully)

Details regarding the script is the film is expected to feature multiple ‘David’ androids, which means there will be more than one Michael Fassbender on screen at the same time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down