Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Photographer of the Obsession magazine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Photographer of the Obsession magazine

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:37 pm

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/03/the-insider-joseph-ghosn/

The Insider | Joseph Ghosn
Culture, Travel
By KATIE CHANG
July 3, 2012, 3:20 pm Comment
Saskia Lawaks

It’s the covers of Obsession, a new French lifestyle/culture/fashion monthly magazine, that first lure the reader in. Each cover model is shot in rare form: intimately, unretouched and in a natural state. (On the most recent cover, a ladybug rests on Vanessa Paradis’s right cheek.) “We focus closely on the person’s face, as if we’re trying to get inside of them,” says the editor in chief, Joseph Ghosn. “We try to show these recognizable figures in different, unusual ways, and not how readers would necessarily expect.”

As the title implies, the magazine exposes and explores the obsessions, both public and private, of the cover models. For a story with the actor Michael Fassbender, who’s created a stir with his penchant for on-screen nudity, Obsession playfully shot what Ghosn calls “a backwards striptease.” The pictures show Fassbender in his natural state, gradually adding articles of clothing, until he’s fully dressed.

In addition, the staff reveal their own personal pursuits. “We explore our obsessions as well: books, music, art, anything we really love,” Ghosn says.
Covers of French lifestyle magazine Obsession show Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard and Vanessa Paradis in an unexpectedly intimate fashion: natural and unretouched.Covers of the French lifestyle magazine Obsession show Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard and Vanessa Paradis in an unexpectedly intimate fashion: natural and unretouched.

Here, Ghosn shares his obsessions in Paris.

View Insider: Joseph Ghosn in a larger map

Past work: I was at Les Inrocks magazine for a while, then I went to Condé Nast for four years, doing Web editing at GQ, Vogue and Glamour. I left this past January to start the magazine.

Birthplace: Beirut, Lebanon

Current home: I live in the Saint-Philippe du Roule area of Paris.

Languages: French, Arabic, English, a bit of German.

Current playlist: LA Vampires and Robert Hampson, who’s English and experimental. Tonight I’m going to see a band I really like called Sunn O))). Also Lou Doillon, Laurel Halo and Tropic of Cancer.

Favorite music venue: La Gaîté Lyrique. It’s sort of a digital arts center, but the concerts there are quite nice.

Music stores: Bimbo Tower. It’s in a very crowded neighborhood, but easy to miss. Souffle Continu is quite new and has mostly indie rock.

Favorite book: “Circulation: Date, Place, Events” by Takuma Nakahira.

Bookstore: One of the greatest bookstores in the world is called Un Regard Moderne (10 Rue Gît-le-Cœur, 75006 Paris). The place is so stuffed with books that you can hardly go in. It’s one guy, who’s been doing this for ages. He’s always dressed in black and smokes. He’s the greatest book keeper in the world.

Favorite comics: Anything by Charles Burns. Also, there’s a great young French cartoonist called Simon Roussin. I love “Lemon Jefferson” by him.

Comic shop: Déesse because you can find all the new stuff, along with American classics from the 1940s.

Cafe: A small place called Le Télescope. The coffee is very good.

Bar of choice: Le Ballroom (58 rue Jean Jacques Rousseau, 75001 Paris) for all their cocktails.

Restaurants: I love Japanese food, and Kunitoraya 2 is a favorite. I have lunch there often. It’s traditional Japanese food in a French brasserie environment, just beautiful. Le Chateaubriand is also always good. Bistro Volnay is stylish, very French, with excellent wines.

Men’s-wear designers: I love Comme des Garçons and Junya Watanabe. For everyday, I wear a lot of A.P.C. I also like Martin Margiela, Adam Kimmel, Acne, Hermès and Dior Homme.

A French designer people should know about (but might not): Julien David!

Shoes: Trickers, a brand from the U.K. Converse. Margiela.

Favorite magazines: Dazed & Confused, The Wire, Apartamento, Acquired Taste Magazine.

Favorite museum: Le Bal used to be a ballroom, but now it’s a place for photo shows (and the best place to buy photo books). Le Jeu de Paume for modern stuff. Le Palais de Tokyo.

Favorite movies: Ever? Hmm, that’s tricky. But, off the top of my head: any movie shot by Ernst Lubitsch in Hollywood; “High Noon” by Fred Zimmerman; and “Les Nuits de la Pleine Lune” by Éric Rohmer.

Favorite way to relax in Paris: I have two young children, and on the weekends we like to go to brunch at Assanabel, for excellent Lebanese family-style food. The jardin du Luxembourg, jardin du Palais Royal and Parc Monceau are three very relaxing places for me. Also, almost any cafe on the Left Bank, around St Germain des Prés. Also, I love the Mama Shelter Hotel for the bar, restaurant and a good night’s sleep; just to escape the city but still be in Paris.

Barber: The best one is the old barbershop on 8 rue St Claude, called Alain Maître Barbier Coiffeur.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Fassbenderfans
Blogspot: http://mfmultiply.blogspot.com/
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top