Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Toronto 2013

Go down

Toronto 2013 Empty Toronto 2013

Post by Admin Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:46 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/toronto-hollywood-reporter-studio-host-619996

Toronto: The Hollywood Reporter Studio to Host Stars Michael Fassbender, Nicole Kidman, Jude Law
8:45 AM PDT 9/4/2013 by THR Staff

Exclusive interview series, sponsored by Canon, also includes Jason Bateman, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Colin Firth and directors Bill Condon, Richard Shepherd and Steve McQueen.

The Hollywood Reporter Studio, home to THR’s exclusive video interviews and portrait sessions, returns to the 38th annual Toronto International Film Festival. In partnership with Canon, The Hollywood Reporter will engage the biggest names in film, from directors and cinematographers to leading actors and emerging talent, in video interviews and portrait sessions. Starting Sept. 6, visitors to www.THR.com/TIFF will find exclusive video interviews direct from the Toronto International Film Festival, along with cast photos and all the latest news from TIFF.

“We are thrilled to once again bring the Toronto International Film Festival to viewers around the world,” said Janice Min, The Hollywood Reporter’s editorial director. “The 2013 lineup continues to grow with an exciting group of artists and industry players who make TIFF one of the world’s most celebrated film festivals.”

Among those expected at The Hollywood Reporter Studio are director Bill Condon and actors Benedict Cumberbatch, Daniel Bruhl and Dan Stevens from the TIFF gala opening film The Fifth Estate; director Ron Howard and actors Chris Hemsworth and Bruhl from Rush; director Peter Landesman and actors Paul Giamatti, Zac Efron, Jacki Weaver and Marcia Gay Harden from Parkland; director Steve McQueen and actors Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, Lupita Nyong'o and Alfre Woodard from 12 Years a Slave; director and star Jason Bateman from Bad Words; director Nicole Holofcener and actors Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Toni Collette from Enough Said; director Jonathan Teplitzky and actors Colin Firth, Jeremy Irvine and Nicole Kidman from The Railway Man; director and star Ralph Fiennes and actress Felicity Jones from The Invisible Woman; director Richard Shepard and actor Jude Law from Dom Hemingway; director Liza Johnson and actress Kristen Wiig from Hateship Loveship; actors Elizabeth Olsen, Jessica Lange, Charlie Stratton and Tom Felton from Therese; actresses Dakota Fanning and Susan Sarandon from The Last of Robin Hood; director Jean-Marc Vallee and actors Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto from Dallas Buyers Club; director Jonathan Glazer and actress Scarlett Johansson from Under the Skin; Director Alfonso Cuaron and actress Sandra Bullock from Gravity; and writer and director Ned Benson and actress Jessica Chastain from The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby. More names are to be added as the festival approaches.

TORONTO: Idris Elba, Naomie Harris To Receive THR's Inaugural Breakthrough in Film Awards

The studio will be located at Brassaii Restaurant and Lounge in the King West district, at the heart of the festival, from Sept. 6 to Sept. 10. Along with presenting partner Canon, a leader in imaging and optical products, Lamborghini and MAC Cosmetics will serve as sponsors, with MAC makeup artists on hand for interviewee touch-ups.

Select cinematographers and filmmakers of TIFF films will be invited by Canon U.S.A. to participate in the THR Behind the Lens interview series, speaking with contributing THR Tech Editor Carolyn Giardina about their craft. Canon will also showcase a touch-and-try exhibit at The Hollywood Reporter Studio with the latest Canon Cinema EOS cameras and lenses. On Sept. 7, Canon will host Behind the Lens: A Conversation about the Art of Cinematography at TIFF2013, an intimate discussion with some of TIFF’s top filmmaking talent—including cinematographer Eric Robbins and directors Eli Roth and Ti West -- who will give a behind-the-lens look at TIFF official selections The Green Inferno and The Sacrament. Guests will get an inside perspective on the panelists’ filmmaking style, approach, and inspirations.

The Hollywood Reporter’s much anticipated cocktail reception honoring Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom stars Idris Elba and Naomie Harris with Breakthrough in Film Awards presented by Bulgari, will be held on the rooftop of the Thompson Toronto hotel on Sunday, Sept. 8, with support from City National Bank (CNB) and Ontario Media Development Corporation. The Hollywood Reporter is also a sponsor of Universal’s Rush premiere that night.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Toronto 2013 Empty Re: Toronto 2013

Post by Admin Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

http://www.thegriddoes.com/tiff-festival/tiff-party-patrol-benedict-cumberbatch-and-michael-fassbender-in-a-daft-punk-dance-off-at-soho-house/

Fri Sep 6, 2013
TIFF Party Patrol: Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Fassbender in a Daft Punk dance-off at Soho House!

BY: Jessica Allen

Party: The Fifth Estate’s opening night fete, hosted by producer Michael Sugar and Grey Goose Vodka.

Date/time: Thursday, Sept. 5, 11 p.m-2 a.m.

The vibe: A subdued, slightly anxious one at first, with industry types and media (who showed up at 11 p.m. sharp for free Grey Goose cocktails and haute eats) mingling while pretending not to be excited about the real-life celebrities who were going to show up. Any minute now. And they did, just after midnight. Once the two disparate groups sniffed each other out inside the dark and moody private members’ club (outfitted in quilted leather couches, plushy velvet chairs, and vintage carpets), the mood morphed into something slightly more casual: the sort where plebs pretend like drinking and dancing in the company of bonafide stars is a typical Thursday night out.

Who was there from the film: A tuxed-up Benedict Cumberbatch, who traded in his long, golden Julian Assange locks for shorter chestnut brown tresses; Alicia Vikander outfitted in an Erdem green floral gown (with pockets!) that may be the dress to top at TIFF; Carice Van Houten; Daniel Brühl; and Dan Stevens.

Surprise show-ups: Steve McQueen, Michael Fassbender, Paul Giamatti—Cumberbatch’s director and costars from 12 Years a Slave. Plus: Colin Hanks and Smallville’s Tom Welling, who both star in Parkland, produced by Hanks’ pop. The wild card? Juno Temple and her glorious big mop of yellow hair, who was spotted catching up with fellow Brit—and former costar from 2007′s Atonement—Cumberbatch.

Strangest entrance: A young, clean-shaven man wearing a blue hoodie with white trim, mulled about on the sidewalk just outside Soho House. Then a man asked for his autograph. Then the people smoking on the patio said, “Hey wait, that’s Colin Hanks.”

Refreshments: Grey Goose signature cocktails, of course, with the Le Fizz—a combination of their original vodka, elderflower cordial, fresh lime juice and club soda—filling most revellers’ hands.

Number of men wearing a seersucker jacket: Two.

Daft Punk dance-off: In one corner, Cumberbatch was spotted timidly bringing his fists up to his chest and then gently rocking them back and forth for approximately 2.7 seconds when a bad remix of “Get Lucky” played. In another corner, when the DJ moved on to “Lose Yourself to Dance,” Michael Fassbender did just that. Dressed in a black crew-neck sweater (probably cashmere) and sipping on a cup of tea, the actor let loose with two friends and danced like nobody was watching (even though everybody was but pretended not to be).

Best bromances: Men were coupling off everywhere! George Stroumboulopoulos saddled up to his show’s executive producer, and the party’s host, Michael Sugar; Cumberbatch chatted with his 12 Years a Slave director Steve McQueen; and Colin Hanks, who lost the hoodie, got cozy with Michael Fassbender, while Tom Welling pretended not to be jealous when they hugged. In fact, the only celeb with a date in tow may have been Brühl, who cozied up to his model girlfriend Felicitas Rombold.

Most coveted celebrity detritus: After Dan Stevens, a.k.a Matthew Crawley (RIP), downed a lovely little piece of grilled flank steak wrapped up in a piece of Boston-leaf lettuce, a female fan was observed eyeing the napkin. In the end, she resisted pocketing it. But she got close enough to the actor to sniff his scent: “Downton Abbey-esque with a hint of Mr. Bates.”

Nerd alert: Regrettably, very few Cumberbitches were allowed to stay up past midnight to congregate outside Soho House. But Game of Thrones fans? They stay up all kinds of late: When Carice Van Houten, who played the priestess Melisandre in the HBO show’s second season, went outside for a breath of fresh air after midnight, the paparazzi laid low. But iPhones lit up from a horde about a dozen strong bearing notepads and scraps of paper for her to sign. And the actress indulged them all before kindly saying, “One more picture than I’m going home.”

Strangest accessory: In one hand, Alicia Vikander clutched a tumbler with what I presume to have been a vodka soda. In the other? A brown wax paper package that I swear was a burrito.

Best soundbite: Paul Giamatti admitting to some companions that he’d only seen a few minutes of 12 Years a Slave and couldn’t wait to see the whole thing on Friday night. “I’m only in it for about seven minutes,” he wisecracked, “but it’s a valuable seven minutes.”

FOMO factor (out of 10): 8 out of 10—for the 2.7 seconds of Cumberbatch’s ”Get Lucky” shake alone.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:13 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/09/03/toronto-curtain-raiser/2754911/

What's the buzz at the Toronto Film Festival?
Donna Freydkin and Andrea Mandell, USA TODAY 2:12 p.m. EDT September 4, 2013
USA TODAY spills everything you need to know about North America's biggest film festival.
slave

(Photo: Francois Duhamel, FOX)
Story Highlights

Perhaps more than any other film festival, Toronto's cinematic conclave is a blend of the casual, the pedigreed and the outright glitzy. True, stars abound in Canada's largest city, but the prevailing vibe is one of friendliness, intimacy and approachability. And it's the place where Oscar buzz really started in earnest for films such as 1999's American Beauty and 2008's Slumdog Millionaire, and actors like Marisa Tomei and Mickey Rourke in 2008's The Wrestler — a drama that didn't even have distribution until Toronto.

"My career started at film festivals. That's how my movies were shown to the public. Where else can you walk into a lobby and 'Oh, my God, there's Michael Fassbender'?" marvels Jessica Chastain, the Oscar nominee whose film The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby is for sale this year.

And for Josh Brolin, who headlines Jason Reitman's drama Labor Day, the festival represents a professional turning point. "Toronto is Jason's home. It's very personal to him. As for me, No Country for Old Men started in Toronto. It's a great memory for me," he says of the film, which went on to win best picture. "And with this movie, I'm excited that the audience gets to experience it. I know this is going to have an emotional impact."

Even Thor is putting down his hammer for the event. Chris Hemsworth, whose bulk and dry wit powered up the Avengers franchise, is leaving Marvel's universe for Ron Howard's 1970s Formula One tale, Rush. "To be absolutely honest, I haven't been to any film festivals," he says. "This is my first one. I've always been hugely excited about the idea of traveling somewhere with a film, especially something I'm this proud of, to be a part of something people are responding to so well. I can't wait."

Perhaps no genre jump is as notable as director Bill Condon's, who shifts from Twihards to hackers after helming the last two chapters of The Twilight Saga. This week, he's premiering his WikiLeaks thriller, The Fifth Estate. "From Comic-Con to Toronto, right?" says the director, who has previously brought Dreamgirls and Kinsey to TIFF. "It's just a perfect place to premiere."

Here are six reasons you should be paying attention to the Toronto International Film Festival.
bullock-clooney

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney's upcoming flick 'Gravity' is adding major buzz to the Toronto Film Festival.(Photo: Andreas Rentz, Getty Images)

Blue-chip releases and flashy would-be blockbusters hit the court of public opinion.

The kidnapping thriller Prisoners, the cosmic nail-biter Gravity, the car-racing saga Rush,The Fifth Estate's no-holds-barred dissection of Julian Assange. Every festival, no matter how pedigreed, showcases big stunners hoping to wow audiences. This year, one of the most-talked-about is Gravity, featuring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as scientists lost in space. "The narrative was stripped into a very visceral journey with only two characters in a very hostile environment without ever stopping the action or the suspense. The main theme of the film is the possibility of rebirth out of adversity," says writer/director Alfonso Cuaron. And speaking of strength, he's in awe of Bullock. "She's so meticulous about every single detail. She has amazing discipline. She started working out like crazy three months before shooting. She started rehearsing with the stunts and puppeteers because she was assisted by puppeteers. She's tireless," he says.

Audiences are also keeping an eye on Rush, Ron Howard's new take on the legendary 1970s rivalry between wild-card, sex-addicted driver James Hunt (Hemsworth) and the disciplined, calculating Niki Lauda (Daniel Bruhl). Hemsworth shed 30 pounds to squeeze his muscled frame into Hunt's bottle-size car — and amped up the charm. "Back then, anything went, and they really did the rock-star lifestyle" thanks to a looming threat of death, says Hemsworth. He laughs at the idea of showing up in Toronto in ripped jeans and bare feet, a stunt favored by the tradition-eschewing Hunt. "I tend to have a slightly different approach to how he did things." How did he learn to drive the lightweight race cars? " 'Drive it like you stole it' was the advice I got from one of the mechanics," he says.

Then there's the buzzy The Fifth Estate, which will open the festival with a gala screening Thursday. Its portrayal of Assange (played by Benedict Cumberbatch) is sure to be divisive; Assange himself refused to consult on or condone the film. "I've been wanting to make a political film for a long time," says Condon, whose WikiLeaks movie examines the platinum-haired leader's ambitions."I've heard people say when they watched it they changed their mind about him every 10 minutes," says Condon — and that's the point. A tip on making a movie about hackers? "There was never a script that was on a computer that was online," says the director.

Actors turned directors showcase their skills. Jason Bateman, Mike Myers and Keanu Reeves all go behind the camera. The ever-private Myers will reveal his documentary Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon, about the legendary music producer, Keanu Reeves will pop up to debut his Man of Tai Chi (he also stars).

Industry icons will unveil new passion projects. Alfonso Cuaron has Gravity, Paul Haggis returns to the scene (and Belgium, where he's been editing) with romantic drama Third Person and Spike Jonze is spotlighting parts of his November release, Her, this Sunday. Cuaron has fond memories of Toronto – it's where he showed his breakthrough film, 2001's Y Tu Mama Tambien. "I feel very grateful. I love that festival. My first time there, I was stranded when it was Sept. 11. It was a dark cloud but on the plus side, we were stranded in a place where they were showing an amazing film program," he says.

It's A-list-palooza. Toronto abounds with bold-faced names, many of them Oscar winners or nominees. But everyone mostly brushes elbows and geeks out at the small dinners and parties that abound at venues like the Ritz-Carlton, Patria and the Soho House. "It's like being back in college, in the dorm at Julliard. A film festival is where you can look around, and I'm constantly meeting someone I really admire," says Chastain, who burst into starstruck tears upon meeting Gary Oldman at one point. Famous exes Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston will both be in attendance, but they'll miss each other by miles, as Pitt's 12 Years a Slave debuts Friday and Aniston's indie drama Life of Crime closes the festival on the 15th. As for Winslet, who's pregnant with her third child, expect the actress to be as congenial and professional as ever while promoting Labor Day. "Kate is one of the boys. I got along with her very well. She has a great, very on-the-edge humor that I understand. She gets it. She's there to do the work and have some fun," says Brolin.

The festival kick starts this year's Oscar machine. After summer's incessant explosions and superhero suits, Toronto provides a welcome return to more thoughtful film fare. 12 Years a Slavestunned audiences at Telluride, and is expected to be a serious contender this awards season, particularly for the work of director Steve McQueen and lead Chiwetel Ejiofor. The film is based on the biography of Solomon Northup, a free black man kidnapped in 1841 and sold into slavery in the South. Ejiofor says depicting Solomon's newly violent world required mentally going down the rabbit hole, "sort of Alice in Wonderland that you were suddenly transported to this other universe," one dominated by a mercurial plantation owner (Michael Fassbender). "It's subject matter that has a tough time getting made," says Pitt, who produced and cameos. "It's an incredibly important story. It's a masterwork for a director, and there are some performances in there that are as good as I've ever seen."
cumberbatch

British rising star Benedict Cumberbatch, seen here in character as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in 'The Fifth Estate,' has three films in the festival.(Photo: Youtube.com/thefifthestatemovie)

Dallas Buyers Club, starring an emaciated Matthew McConaughey as an unlikely AIDS activist, is having its world premiere at Toronto on Saturday. And Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep team up in John Wells' August: Osage County, the film adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play about a seriously troubled family. Idris Elba, too, is ginning up buzz for his portrayal of Nelson Mandela, the same week the ailing anti-apartheid icon has been discharged from the hospital. Elba calls the Toronto debut for his biopic Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom "judgment day." "It was important that people understood parts of his life that are not so well known, like his young life," says Elba. To play the leader, Elba spend a night in a cell on the infamous Robben Island, where Mandela was held. "It was supremely lonely, man," he says. "You felt completely helpless. In that experience, in those 12 hours of my life, I realized what 19 years must have been like in one cell. It completely gave me a different perspective on what it is I'm playing here."

It's a chance to catch up with entertainment's most tireless workhorses. Cumberbatch, Daniel Radcliffe, Dane DeHaan all refuse to stop at just one movie – Cumberbatch's films include the blue-chip releases 12 Years a Slave, August: Osage County and The Fifth Estate. "It's interesting to catch somebody right at that moment when obviously Sherlock has brought such attention and now this is sort of the next step into international stardom," says Condon. "It will be interesting to see how this (level of fame) sort of sits on him." James Franco's got two films to debut: Child of God, which he directs, and Palo Alto, based on the novel he wrote (he stars). "There's a handful of us with a bunch of films. Dan has three movies. He's pretty busy too," says DeHaan, who's co-starring in Kill Your Darlings with the Harry Potter star. Audiences will also see much of Bruhl, previously known for Inglourious Basterds, breaks out in a big way with two films: opposite Hemsworth in Rush and Cumberbatch in The Fifth Estate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:49 pm

http://www.torontolife.com/tiff/tiff-parties/2013/09/06/tiff-2013-the-fifth-estate-party/

TIFF Party: Benedict Cumberbatch eyeballs a moose and Michael Fassbender slow-dances to R. Kelly
TIFF Party: The Fifth Estate

Michael Fassbender is a dancing machine. The 12 Years A Slave star strolled into Grey Goose’s party at Soho House just around midnight yesterday, greeting Tom Welling and Colin Hanks, who are both in town for the red carpet presentation of their new film Parkland, and making nice with other guests over a cup of coffee at the bar. Then he hit the dance floor. Hard.

Fassbender’s favourite tune: R. Kelly’s “Ignition (Remix).” The Hollywood hunk semi-slow-danced with Hanks and bumped-and-grinded with a random woman (all in good fun, of course). The only dance-floor antic he missed was singing, “After the show it’s the after-party.” (Which the rest of the crowd happily picked up in his stead.)

Fassbender’s sweet dance moves upstaged the guests of honour, the cast of WikiLeaks thriller The Fifth Estate, who filed in shortly after 1 a.m. While Benedict Cumberbatch, Daniel Brühl, Dan Stevens, Alicia Vikander and Carice van Houten weren’t quite as serious about the d-floor, we did spot an enthralled Cumberbatch motioning wildly to his fellow actors to check out the moose head hanging over the fireplace. He even twice made his own makeshift finger antlers, gesturing to Juno Temple, whose film Horns will be feted at Soho House tonight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:55 pm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/awards-and-festivals/tiff/tiff-blog/elaine-lui-tiff-watching-jake-gyllenhaal-wipe-food-off-his-girlfriends-lips/article14184572/

Later it was a British invasion on the rooftop at the private members club. Chiwetel Ejiofor, fresh off his acclaimed turn in 12 Years A Slave, accepted enthusiastic congratulations from Tom Hiddleston, who shared a table with Ralph Fiennes and received an affectionate hug from Ewan McGregor. X-Men co-stars and co-mutants James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender chatted at length, leaning against the north windows of the top floor as an exquisite Jessica Chastain, her long, fiery red hair falling down her back, sat in front of them. Chastain arrived at Pearson International airport earlier in the day with her three-legged dog Chaplin.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down