Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Michael Fassbender owes me a favour!

Go down

Michael Fassbender owes me a favour! Empty Michael Fassbender owes me a favour!

Post by Admin Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:29 am

http://osullivancolin.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/michael-fassbender-owes-me-a-favour/

Posted by osullivancolin on March 10, 2014

I was working in the family dry cleaners one day during the summer holidays – must’ve been about twenty years ago – when my dad said to me that the boy of the Fassbenders was out the front, he wanted to talk to me about something. I put down what I was doing and went out to see Michael, a guy I had known from being involved in amateur drama groups, and who I often chatted to in Yer Man’s Pub (a place which features heavily in my novel Killarney Blues) over pints of Guinness.

Although my memory is naturally hazy after all this time, the transcript ran something like this:

Michael: Colin, I wonder can you help me out with something. (Cue Fassbender’s now-famous smile).

Me: What is it?

Michael: I’m putting together a play; we’re doing a version of Reservoir Dogs. One or two of the guys had to pull out. I’m desperate to make up the numbers.

Me: Aw man, really. Can’t you find someone else?

Michael: C’mon, it would really be a big help. Please…

Me: Hmm, well, I don’t really want to, but look, if it’s a small part then, OK, then I’ll do it.

Michael: Actually it’s quite a big part… Mr. Orange.

Me: Aw Man.

There were quite a few more “Aw Mans” from me but he finally persuaded me and I roped my close friend and cousin Sean into taking part too. The play was a success and all proceeds went to charity and we all had a great time. Fassbender showed even back then that he was deadly serious about his acting career and directed us expertly all in our roles. It was a lot of fun and a great experience.

A few years later I met him on a street in Killarney and he told me he had started drama school in London and was having a good time. My wife (then girlfriend) and I joked with him how someday he’d be super famous, and he laughed it all off saying he was just enjoying his studies, and that was all. The rest of course…

How proud we were to see him at the Oscars and what a shame he didn’t get to pick up the golden statue. He will have other bites at the cherry though, an exceptional talent like him, of that I think we can all rest assured.

Of course the bottom line of all this is that Michael Fassbender owes me a favour! I helped him out when he needed an extra man – he put me into rehearsals the very next day, and we were on stage five nights later! – so someday I’m gonna have to come knocking on his Hollywood door. I have here a little novel called Killarney Blues, would make a great film, I think you might even like to direct…well Michael, whadya say?

Let’s have a pint first of course, for old times’ sake.

Killarney Blues the novel (not yet the film) is available here: http://viewbook.at/killarneyblues
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michael Fassbender owes me a favour! Empty Re: Michael Fassbender owes me a favour!

Post by Admin Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:30 am

http://lovesexandotherdirtywords.com/2014/03/14/michael-fassbender-owes-me-a-favour/

Michael Fassbender owes me a favour!
Morrighan Muse / 23 hours ago

Erm, actually not me, but this other guy … Mr. Orange Colin O’Sullivan

I was working in the family dry cleaners one day during the summer holidays – must’ve been about twenty years ago – when my dad said to me that the boy of the Fassbenders was out the front, he wanted to talk to me about something. I put down what I was doing and went out to see Michael, a guy I had known from being involved in amateur drama groups,and who I often chatted to in Yer Man’s Pub (a place which features heavily in my novel Killarney Blues) over pints of Guinness.

Although my memory is naturally hazy after all this time, the transcript ran something like this:

Michael: Colin, I wonder can you help me out with something. (Cue Fassbender’s now-famous smile).

Me: What is it?

Michael: I’m putting together a play; we’re doing a version of Reservoir Dogs. One or two of the guys had to pull out. I’m desperate to make up the numbers.

Me: Aw man, really. Can’t you find someone else?

Michael: C’mon, it would really be a big help. Please…

Me: Hmm, well, I don’t really want to, but look, if it’s a small part then, OK, then I’ll do it.

Michael: Actually it’s quite a big part… Mr. Orange.

Me: Aw Man.

There were quite a few more “Aw Mans” from me but he finally persuaded me and I roped my close friend and cousin Sean into taking part too. The play was a success and all proceeds went to charity and we all had a great time. Fassbender showed even back then that he was deadly serious about his acting career and directed us expertly all in our roles. It was a lot of fun and a great experience.

…. Of course the bottom line of all this is that Michael Fassbender owes me a favour! I helped him out when he needed an extra man – he put me into rehearsals the very next day, and we were on stage five nights later! – so someday I’m gonna have to come knocking on his Hollywood door. I have here a little novel called Killarney Blues, would make a great film, I think you might even like to direct…well Michael, whadya say?

Let’s have a pint first of course, for old times’ sake.

Killarney Blues the novel (not yet the film) is available here: http://viewbook.at/killarneyblues

READ MORE HERE

via Michael Fassbender owes me a favour!

I actually remember Fassy talking about the Reservoir Dogs play he did for charity and so it was a nice surprise to read this from Mr. Orange himself (the charity play version). My beach friends can totally recite this whole movie verbatim (mine was “I’m your Huckleberry” Tombstone) and so the Fassy story stuck with me.

Anyway, today was book reading day for me, as I devoted a good hour or so listening to Marcel Proust’s Swann’s Way before searching for my hardcover Montcreiff translation (because darn it, the audible version was just amazing, more amazing than me just reading it especially since I’m at a loss in pronouncing those French titles Proust throws in for good measure), and then stumbling across Colin’s post which, after that came the news of a certain movie being filmed in Leeds (but that’s for another post – like, after Lent).

Of course, I purchased Colin’s book Killarney Blues on Kindle right away - you know, just in case it does get onto Fassbender’s short list…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down