Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Frank Miller has a plot for 300 prequel

Go down

Frank Miller has a plot for 300 prequel Empty Frank Miller has a plot for 300 prequel

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:01 pm

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Frank-Miller-Has-A-Plot-For-The-300-Prequel-16154.html

Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel
By Katey Rich: 2009-12-15 11:59:36

Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel Clearly the The Los Angeles Times is not nearly as up-to-date on geek culture as they ought to be. When they got Frank Miller to talk about his plans for a 300 sequel, they merely included the news as part of a larger article about upcoming movies based on Greek mythology, Clash of the Titans and Percy Jackson. But the 300 sequel has a title! And a plot! This is news!

Basically, the sequel will be called Xerxes, and will tell the story of the battle of Marathon, set about 10 years before the events of 300. So, technically, it's a prequel, which potentially leaves room for Gerard Butler to return and buff up those abs once more. Miller told the Times, "I’ve finished the plot and I’m getting started on the artwork," meaning the graphic novel version that will come before the movie that Zack Snyder is interested in, but not officially attached to yet. God knows how long it will be before Miller actually assembles a full graphic novel out of these ideas, and how much longer after that it will take Snyder to make the movie. But have patience, my geek friends: progress is happening.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Frank Miller has a plot for 300 prequel Empty Re: Frank Miller has a plot for 300 prequel

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Personally, I can't see any of the guys in 300 back in the prequel. It takes a while before a comic is made and then years before the script and all the production comes into line, then getting schedules together. I wouldn't hold my breath for at least the 5 or more years it would take.

Besides, the novelty of 300 is kind of passe', don't you think? I'm sure Miller is excited, and I'd still be interested in seeing what they can do, but it would have to really surpass what 300 brought to the table.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Frank Miller has a plot for 300 prequel Empty Re: Frank Miller has a plot for 300 prequel

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:35 am

http://yourentertainmentnow.com/2010/06/12/trekmovie-com-sci-fi-movies-captain-america-thor-batman-3-transformers-3-the-hobbit-the-flash-mortal-kombat-voltron/

First look: Xerxes; Frank Miller’s 300 prequel

Frank Miller has begun work on his "300" prequel "Xerxes", which will be released as a six-part graphic novel beginning next year. Miller offered the following details about the project, which "300" director Zack Snyder says he would be interested in adapting to film "if the book is awesome and compelling" [LA Times]:

“The story will be the same heft as ‘300′ but it cover a much, much greater span of time — it’s 10 years, not three days,” Miller said. ”This is a more complex story. The story is so much larger. The Spartans in ‘300′ were being enclosed by the page as the world got smaller. This story has truly vast subjects. The Athenian naval fleet, for instance, is a massive artistic undertaking and it dwarfed by the Persian fleet, which is also shown in this story. The story has elements of espionage, too, and it’s a sweeping tale with gods and warriors.”

“The time frame begins 10 years before ‘300′ and the story starts with the Battle of Marathon, which was killer to draw, by the way, even if it was a lot of work,” Miller said. “The lead character is Themistocles, who became warlord of Greece and built their navy. The story is very different than ‘300′ in that it involves Xerxes search for godhood. The existence of gods are presupposed in this story and the idea is that he well on his way to godhood by the end of the story.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Snyder Planning 300 Sequel

Filmmaker Zack Snyder is set to revisit ancient history and is planning a sequel to his hit war film 300.

And even though his star Gerard Butler was killed off in the first film, the Watchmen director has every intention of bringing the Scottish actor back.

Snyder tells WENN, "He knows how much the women love him with no clothes on, so I'm sure he'll make himself available." »

http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni3296446/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 pm

I want HIM in the next Miller/Snyder movie:

Philip Winchester.

Frank Miller has a plot for 300 prequel Iiphil10

Frank Miller has a plot for 300 prequel Iiphil11
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:01 pm

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/07/22/xerxes-film-reunites-300-writing-team/

'Xerxes' Film Reunites '300' Writing Team

Frank Miller's "Xerxes" miniseries won't be out for a while from Dark Horse, but Zack Snyder has already begun work on the film's screenplay, and his co-writer from "300" Kurt Johnstad has returned for the project, which Snyder says is neither a sequel nor a prequel.

"We closed the writing deal on 'Xerxes.' We started writing about a week ago," Snyder told the Los Angeles Times. "So we're doing it. It's happening."

Snyder hasn't been locked in to direct yet, but he expressed hope that Warner Bros. would bring him back.
"It's really going to depend on what the studio wants to do and what we do when we finish; I don't have a directing deal in place but we are writing it, so call it intent," he explained.

As for the story, Snyder offered a few details, outlining where and when the events in "Xerxes" will occur in relation to "300."

"This movie follows Themistocles and the Battle of Artemisium, which coincidentally happens on the exact same three days as the Battle of Thermopylae [which was the basis of '300']," Snyder said. "This one starts off with a quick retelling of the why of the Persian wars. It starts off at the Battle of Marathon and then it goes back to Themistocles finding out that Persians are invading again. and off we go over to learn a little bit about why Xerxes is the way he is."

It even sounds like Snyder is leaving the door open for a Gerard Butler cameo, which could be difficult. Nevertheless, if he's writing the screenplay, he'll have the ability to work it in.

What are your expectations like for "Xerxes"? Do you think Gerard Butler should have a cameo? Let us know in the comment section or on Twitter!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:01 pm

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/zack-snyder-shows-intent-to-direct-frank-millers-xerxes.php

Zack Snyder Shows Intent to Direct Frank Miller’s Xerxes

Even though he had shown some visual chops with his Dawn of the Dead remake, it was 300 that put director Zack Snyder on the big map. The intensely stylistic, bloody affair propelled both Snyder and star Gerard Butler to Hollywood’s A-List, where both have enjoyed some juicy projects since. Three years later, Snyder and his producing partner/wife Deborah are in the midst of two releases: next year’s girl-power shoot out Sucker Punch and this fall’s heroic animated owl adventure Legend of the Guardians. But Zack seems to be most excited about something new — another collaboration with co-writer Kurt Johnstad and comic legend Frank Miller on Xerxes.
Hero Complex visited Snyder’s production office this week, where the Watchmen director revealed that he’s signed a writing deal to once again adapt Miller’s work. At this point, Snyder directing isn’t set in stone, but it seems highly likely. “It’s really going to depend on what the studio wants to do and what we do when we finish; I don’t have a directing deal in place but we are writing it, so call it intent,” Snyder said. “If there was a crime they could probably convict me.”

Snyder went on to talk about where Xerxes will fit with what we’ve already seen from 300: This movie follows Themistocles and the Battle of Artemisium, which coincidentally happens on the exact same three days as the Battle of Thermopylae [which was the basis of 300],” Snyder said. “This one starts off with a quick retelling of the why of the Persian wars. It starts off at the Battle of Marathon and then it goes back to Themistocles finding out that Persians are invading again. and off we go over to learn a little bit about why Xerxes is the way he is.”

“What I said to the studio is that 300 gave everyone a chance to fight alongside a super warrior,” explained Snyder. “A chance to fight alongside these Spartan warriors that you could never fight against; but Themistocles is different, he is us. It’s much more about the everyman.”

Sounds like an interesting spin set in the already unique world established with 300. Snyder shouldn’t have any trouble getting Warner Bros. to sign him on to direct, nor should there be any issue with him turning out a bloody, gnarly R-rated affair similar to the one that included Spartans and broke box office records. One thing we can probably expect — and this is educated speculation — is that Xerxes will get the 3D treatment. Hopefully it will be shot in 3D, though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilar on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:07 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
Besides, the novelty of 300 is kind of passe', don't you think?

Bingo.

Butler and Fassbender have way too many projects on their roster. This so called "prequel" will probably not be the phenomenon "300" was.
And "300" only did well at the BO because it was released during a dead movie period....March. No other new releases competed with it.
Pilar
Pilar
Azazeal's Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by MissL on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:10 pm

I did like 300 tho

MissL
Stelios' sword

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:53 am

It's one of my fav films.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissL on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:41 am

and he did look hot

MissL
Stelios' sword

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:07 pm

I agree.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissL on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Very Happy

MissL
Stelios' sword

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:19 am

From Gerrybutlerspantry:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/bleedthefreak/news/?a=27421

Frank Miller Reveals Xerxes Plot Details

Writer of the popular comic 300 that inspired the popular movie drops some major plot details and a main character for the prequel comic Xerxes, which will also be turned into a movie
In an interview with Hero Complex, popular comic writer Frank Miller was questioned on his prequel to the hit comic and movie 300, Xerxes

On the plot of Xerxes:

"The time frame begins 10 years before 300 and the story starts with the Battle of Marathon, which was killer to draw, by the way, even if it was a lot of work. The lead character is Themistocles, who became warlord of Greece and built their navy. The story is very different than 300 in that it involves Xerxes' search for godhood. The existence of gods are presupposed in this story and the idea is that he well on his way to godhood by the end of the story," said Miller.

On the Zack Synder helmed adaption of Xerxes:

"I don’t do a comic book thinking there is a movie. I just want it to be as good a comic book as it can be. It’s up to Zack and company to make it work as a film," said Miller.

Miller also went on to confirm that Leonidas, who was portrayed by Gerard Butler in 300, will cameo by having a debate with the main character Themistocles and that some events following 300 will be featured in the comic. Neither the comic or the movie have a release date
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:32 am

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/03/24/zack-snyder-xerxes-script/

Zack Snyder Has A Finished 'Xerxes' Script, Isn't Certain He'll Direct

Posted 3/24/11 5:01 pm ET by Rick Marshall

It's been a while since we heard anything official regarding "Xerxes," the pseudo-prequel to "300" that Frank Miller penned in graphic novel form (it debuts in next month's "Dark Horse Presents") and Zack Snyder has indicated plans to adapt.

A rumor that made the rounds in February suggested that Snyder's work on the upcoming "Superman: Man Of Steel" and his new film "Sucker Punch" could make it unlikely he'll be behind the camera for "Xerxes." With that in mind, we asked the director about the status of the film on the "Sucker Punch" red carpet this week.

"['300' co-writer Kurt Johnstadt] and I have finished the script," Snyder told MTV News. "We have a script and... it would be cool to make it."

Asked about the rumor that he might have to turn over the project to another director, Snyder indicated that nothing was certain at this point.

"We'll see," he said when asked if he'll hold onto "Xerxes" for himself. "If I have time."

Changing gears, MTV News asked whether Superman runner-up Joe Manganiello — who Snyder praised during the "Sucker Punch" junket — could find his way into "Xerxes." After all, anyone who's seen Manganiello on "True Blood" will attest to his physical similarities with one of the Spartan warriors in "300."

"That would be awesome, huh?" laughed Snyder. "I'm serious!"

"He's a little busy," he added. "He has a day job... but if we can pry him away, maybe..."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down