Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Jane Eyre thoughts

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jane Eyre thoughts

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:11 am

http://thesqueee.blogspot.com/2010/01/jane-eyre-1997.html

Tuesday, 12 January 2010
Jane Eyre 1997
I thought I should get the Brontë Challenge properly underway, and start watching some of those adaptations, and as I fancied something that's not 3+ hours long, I decided to watch the 1997 TV adaptation of Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre, starring Ciarán Hinds and Samantha Morton. This was my second favourite adaptation a while back and then it sort of fell out of favour a bit but now... I'm not so sure.

Let's take it from the top.

It begins in medias res with little Jane being locked in the Red Room. When she's left alone she looks bemused rather than scared, but has hallucinations aplenty. I love the colour of her green dress, which almost - but not quite - can detract me from the stilted acting. Mr. Brocklehurst looks truly nasty, like a Scrooge from hell or something. She's promptly sent off to Lowood, which doesn't seem to be such a bad place, because the only thing we get to know of the horrors is Jane's voice-over saying how terrible a place it is. Whatever happened to show, not tell? The only hint is Mr. Brocklehurst having a go at Jane for her accidentally dropping the slate in the school room. That's pretty much it.

Helen Burns seems to be a brunette and her acting skills are about as stilted as Jane's. She doesn't seem to be in bad health, until the tyfus comes along and kills her off. Cut from her corpse to a drawing of her (now ginger - Jane has a funny memory, or perhaps her mind remembered the book) made by adult Jane eight years later, who has now turned into Samantha Morton, who is small and has a pixie-like quality to her, so she's pretty spot-on physically, if perhaps a little too pretty. Jane's fed up with Lowood and wants a change, so just after 12 minutes into the film, she arrives at Thornfield.

I quite like that fact that they get the boring bit over and done with in 12 minutes, because to me, Jane Eyre only becomes really interesting when she gets to Thornfield meets Rochester. Thornfield is a place which is reminiscent of Haddon Hall, except it isn't. There are red stones around the doorways and windows, and Haddon Hall doesn't have that. Mainly because the exterior is Naworth Castle in Cumbria... with the interior from Knebworth House in Hertfordshire. I like the outside, it's Thornfieldy, but the inside could do with a bit more gloom.

Mrs. Fairfax we've all seen before - the great Gemma Jones has been in a few things, from murderous double-agent in Spooks to the kind but firm nurse at Hogwarts, and of course the mother of both Bridget Jones and the Dashwoods. She does a fine job as the old housekeeper. One of these days I shall have to compare the adaptations and pick out a "best of" cast. Adèle Varens feels a little subdued. She doesn't get an awful lot of screen time, but I prefer her to the other child actors.

And then there's Rochester (Ciarán Hinds). He and Morton have a good sort of chemistry between them. Rochester brings out the feistyness in Jane, and we know she's the sort of woman who'll fight back. The moustache can go (I'll be very cross if they make Michael Fassbender have one!), and so can those baggy trousers. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, yes, his bum looks big in those. Positively humongous, especially in the scene by the snooker table where Jane tells him she has to visit her aunt. He does wear another kind of trousers as well, which suit him much better, like the black ones when he's trying on that red waistcoat. Wooh!

Now, as much as Hinds makes me fall terribly in love with Rochester all over again, his portrayal is a bit too commanding and he barks a tad much. By the way, speaking of barking, Pilot is a wonderfully fwuffy doggie! Still, the passion and intensity is there and the post-fire bedroom scene - is it really that hot in the book? I think I'm really starting to warm to it, you know, it's absolutely smokin'! (Puns intended, and yes, I'll stop it.) He does come across as bordering on creepy in some places, like the end of that bedroom scene, and when he talks of Céline Varens. Still, he manages to keep it on the safe side.

Also, there are some terrific lines in this adaptation. For instance, "Seeing as you're the governess, I thought you might explain to me the concept of the 28-day week," and the bit shortly after where's annoyed she's written to everyone except him, the master of the house: "No doubt even Pilot got a letter!" Bonus points for the comment about the Irish being nice people, coming from Rochester... played by an Irishman. No doubt Mr. Hinds agrees! Wink

We don't see a lot of Grace Poole. We see her briefly when Jane's attending Richard Mason, and then not until the wedding party come crashing in. There's no gypsy woman, although Blanche Ingram seems to be trying on her palmistry skillz on Rochester when Mason makes his first unwanted appearance. Gateshead Revisited is skipped completely. Jane says she has to go, Rochester gives her seven days or he'll come get her back himself, and then four weeks have gone. There's no mention of her uncle in Madeira, or that Mrs. Reed has had a change of heart on her death bed. Shame, really.

"I'd be even happier if you shaved off that
snot-gatherer, dearest Edward!"

There was a part where I had a squee moment. It sounded more like a really happy "iiiiiiiiii" than an actual "squeeeeee", but still. It's the morning after the proposal. Jane is unsure if she has dreamt it all or if it was real. Rochester arrives, and when she greets him with an uncertain "good morning, Mr. Rochester" he smiles and whispers "Edward" and then calls her "Mrs. Rochester" - blanket-pulling to chest time and a *dies*. Wow, what a moment! Mrs. Fairfax isn't thrilled, but we never get an explanation for her concern. When she's asked by bridal Jane if she approves, she gives her a brooch for good luck. That is all. She says later that she knows Grace Poole had a patient but had no idea that person was Mrs. Rochester.

Unfortunately, of course, there's the itty bitty problem of Mad Bertha, hair like one of those toy trolls from a few years ago, lodging in a room with mattress-covered walls. No asylum for her, and they were truly horrendous places back in those days, so Rochester, even though he was tricked into marrying her and has lived in hell the past 15 years because of it, doesn't want her to go there. He obviously cares for her, and that's one of the things that make me love the character so much. Another day, I fear I shall have to write a whole post on that very subject, but not now. The post isn't exactly getting shorter. Wink

Jane leaves, collapses on a moor and is picked up by St. John Rivers, and here's another Spooks link: it's Rupert Penry-Jones! Good actor, yes, but he's no St. John Rivers. St. John is an eerily cold and detatched man in the book, with slight undertones of sociopath. RPJ's version is cute and cuddly and does actually look like it wouldn't take a lot for him to fall in love with Jane, in fact, he's halfway there already. Fail! There's also just one sister (Diana) and no Hannah. Also, Jane never inherits any money or finds out the Rivers are her cousins, which is a real shame they've left out. Jane is asked to be a missionary's wife and go to India, keeps hearing Rochester in her head and heads off. Thornfield is ruined, Bertha's dead, Rochester's blind (and turns from "omg my wonderful Jane is back!" to cranky "I don't want a companion!" a bit too quickly), and they live happily ever after. Their first-born, he could see himself in his son, but the older child walking next to them appears to be a girl... but who cares when there's a happy ending?

Overall, I really enjoyed it. Rochester's too angry for my liking, but everything else about him makes up for it - well, everything except the baggy trousers and the moustache. Jane has spirit and she stands up for herself. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Rochester's way of making Jane jealous does feature him singing with Blanche (if those are truly the actors singing themselves) and having the wedding charade, and I really don't blame Jane for walking away. We get a clear sense of why she falls in love with him, but perhaps not quite as much why he falls in love with her - perhaps just one of those love at first sight things, which I'm all for anyway.

It's over and done in less than two hours (approx 1h 45m) so of course things had to be skipped - it's a terribly long book. The thing that bugged me a few times was when they had a voiceover going over either the previous scene or the next for a bit too long. Normally, you might have someone say a few words, a short sentence, and then it's cut to the next scene. Here, they either started the next scene in a voiceover but lingered on the previous one for too long (Jane hiding under the bed in the Red Room) or continued the dialogue from the previous scene too long into the next one (Jane leaving Thornfield and a few others). Also, in parts, it felt as if they were playing the characters, not being them, as in, it felt as if there could be a sign up saying "hush now, can't you see we're busy being actors?" Maybe I over-analysed it.

Either way, I'm loving it, and I've already got the next adaptation lined up. Rochester OD ftw!
You might also like:

* Jane Eyre 1934
* Jane Eyre 1983
* Jane Eyre 1944
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Jane Eyre thoughts

Post by Admin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Translated:

http://www.rosebudeotreno.com/o-filme-mais-aguardado-de-2011/

The most eagerly awaited film of 2011
Posted on March 5, 2010

I just made my list of most-anticipated films of 2010 and already have a candidate to produce what will I see in 2011. Not only is it one of my favorite books, but has a talented director and a wonderful cast, including two players who can become two of the biggest names in Hollywood in the future.

It's JANE EYRE, adaptation of the classic Charlotte Brontë. One of the stories of love's most famous literature, the book tells the story of complicated love between Jane - not very pretty girl and from poor but determined - and Rochester - a typical British gentleman with a secret in the attic. JANE EYRE already had numerous adaptations, and among the actresses who have lived the role of heroine of English literature are Joan Fontaine, Samantha Morton, Anna Paquin and Charlotte Gainsbourg.

This time, the lead actress is Mia Wasikowska, who is after all starred in the mega-production ALICE IN WONDERLAND and Tim Burton's independent hit THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT. The actress receives compliments wherever she goes and I think she has the perfect look for Jane Eyre - apparently frail but defiant. Who will make the tormented Rochester (paper that has been played by Orson Welles) will be Michael Fassbender, who has everything to be the new George Clooney. The guy caught the attention of everyone with his brilliant performance in HUNGER and also had a small but decisive role in Inglourious Basterds. It is not by chance that he will be the next film by Neil Marshall, Steve Soderbergh and David Cronenberg. Rochester can catapulted him to mega-stardom.

The director will be Cary Fukunaga, who made one of the most interesting films of 2009: SIN NOMBRE (if you did not see, go see). The choice is more than a little unusual, since SIN NOMBRE is about gangs and illegal immigrants from Central America - and the director jumped straight to a classic of Victorian England. Well, after Ang Lee proved that there must be no English lord to implement a classic of British literature to the screen (see REASON AND SENSITIVITY), I believe Fukunaga but can bring a new vision for the story of Charlotte Brontë.

The cast also includes names such as Judi Dench, Jamie Bell and Sally Hawkins. There remains the question whether this version of JANE EYRE will be a historical production of pedigree (style PRIDE AND PREJUDICE) or be almost independent (style BRIGHT STAR). However, first of all, the film has to be good. So much to twist that Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska can live their characters so overwhelming.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissL on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:22 pm

OHG Exclamation new George Clooney

MissL
Stelios' sword

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:48 am

I know...

Gawd no he doesn't become like George Clooney.

But George is a respectable actor and raises a lot of money for charity.

Everyone wants Michael to be the next whatever. Why can't he just be the next Michael Fassbender?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissL on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:59 am

I know or the nest Coiln Farrell

MissL
Stelios' sword

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:58 pm

http://addictedtofilms.blogspot.com/2010/03/randomrantsthoughts-new-jane-eyre.html

RandomRants/Thoughts: The New Jane Eyre Adaptation
Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I love watching adaptations especially those of my own favourite books or adaptations of classic literature. Now according to this, the new adaptation of Jane Eyre has started filming. I had posted on it almost a year ago when Ellen Page was first said to be Jane Eyre, and had commented on how she doesn't really fit in a period drama...I guess everyone else saw that too. The new Jane is Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender is Mr Rochester and the movie is being directed Cary Fukunaga. I think Mia Wasikowska is the perfect age and fits the physcial description of Jane, though not quite as plain...but the make-up people will surely fix that right? On the other hand, Michael Fassbender is an interesting choice for Mr Rochester...he is fairly young...was Mr Rochester not late 30's or early 40's...and equally plain and fairly large? Oh well, I guess they would need to sell this classic gothic period drama somehow right? Regardless, I'm still looking forward to this. Its always interesting to see a different take on the same material. And I have enjoyed pretty much every adaptation of Jane Eyre I've seen.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:20 am

http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/get-ready-for-battling-bronte-sisters-films/

Get Ready For Battling Bronte Sisters Films
By TIM ADLER | Thursday April 1, 2010 @ 2:41am PDT

From Deadline|London editor Tim Adler: Like some bizarre tag wrestling team in bonnets, there are now 3 competing Bronte sisters’ projects limbering up for production. Shooting has just started on Focus Features' and BBC Films’ Jane Eyre. It’s the next project from Sin Nombre director Cary Fukanaga. The producers are Alison Owen and Paul Trijbits of Ruby Films. This latest adaptation of Charlotte Bronte’s classic novel stars Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds). Judi Dench, Jamie Bell and Sally Hawkins round out the cast.

Fassbender was previously attached to another Bronte adaptation, Wuthering Heights, now due to start filming in May. New director Andrea Arnold wants to cast teenage unknowns in the leads. She’s found somebody she thinks is right for Cathy, but the search is still on for Heathliff. Ecosse Films hasn’t got long before production starts on location in Yorkshire.

And a 3rd Bronte project is a biopic of the Bronte sisters themselves, Jane Eyre-author Charlotte and her sister Emily, who wrote Wuthering Heights. Charles Sturridge, director of TV’s Brideshead Revisited, was going to direct Angela Workman’s script. Now producers Alistair MacLean-Clark and Nick Wild have hired Polly Teale, joint artistic director of the Shared Experience theatre group, to write a new version. They’re sending it out at the end of April with the belief that the story of the family itself is more interesting than their books.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:33 pm

http://gcbooks.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/more-books-into-films/

Jane Eyre: I will look forward to seeing the newest version of Jane Eyre when it hits our screens sometime in the future. This classic English novel is currently filming in the UK and stars young Australian actress Mia Wasikowska in the title role (you might know her from Alice in Wonderland) and talented Irish-German actor Michael Fassbender as Mr Rochester. While that certainly sounds like a clash of cultures I think that the actors looks and ages seem to suit the roles very well.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:32 pm

http://holland-eliese.livejournal.com/38137.html

Subject: So... Jane Eyre's Happenin'?
Time: 09:15 am
Apparently so. It's been a while since I read the book--I much prefer Wuthering Heights, though they're making the movie into a complete hellish terribleness by making it young and modern. I like my angst, and I like it served well with a side of crazy set in the TIME PERIOD IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SET IN KTHXBAI.

Mia I Can't Spell Your Last Name as Jane--I guess I approve. I was much more excited when Ellen Page was slated, as I think that Ellen could not only conquer the accent, but rock it. She has more of a Jane look to me, too. I'm assuming Mia's wearing a wig, though, what with the sadness that is her new haircut. (WHY MIA WHY?) So... Yeah. I forget this girl's name, but I was actually starting to like the idea of the actress from An Education. I don't know; Mia's acting in Alice in Wonderland definitely wasn't anything to squee over. She was a little bland for my taste, but you just didn't notice because the rest of the movie/Johnny Depp/Helena Bonham Carter/Anne Hathaway was so awesome.

Judi Dench--I forget who you're playing, but you're amazing at everything, so that doesn't even matter. Did y'all see her in Pride and Prejudice (one of my favorite movies)? TO DIE FOR.

Michael Fassbender--Everyone knows who you are except me! But from what few pictures I've seen, you'll do! Can they... not have him call her Janet? I was ROFLing at that when I read the book.

TAMZIN MERCHANT IMDB SAYS YOU'RE PLAYING SOMEONE BUT WHO? For those who don't know, Tamzin is the actress who plays Katherine Howard on The Tudors. I kind of adore her portrayal, because as slutty/stupid/childish Katherine is... Tamzin puts this quality in her that makes me feel sorry for her, even though it's mainly her fault. She's super hyper and flighty and very, very child-like. And also hilarious. But then she has moments, like the one where she tells Thomas Culpeper that she's "Not so used to people... watching me." when you realize how tragic she was. Because today? A girl cheating on her grossly obese husband who's thirty years older than her would seem almost expected. Brushed off. But Katherine Howard died for that---and as stupid as it was, she didn't deserve death at all. With Tamzin's portrayal, you're almost like, "Damn. HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ANYTHING MORE. LOOK AT HER. SHE'S DISTRACTED BY SOMETHING SHINY."

So, yeah. Bertha's unlisted on imdb; Tamzin might be a bit young for that role, but... She'd make use of the crazy.

Also; I recently viewed a Wuthering Heights casting picspam--Natalie Dormer and Rupert Friend for Cathy and Heathcliff NOW. Natalie Dormer, as you all should know from my fangirling, is the best Anne Boleyn who ever Anne Boleyn'd. I don't care about Genevieve Bujold, or Natalie Portman, or Helena Bonham Carter. Natalie Dormer PWNs them all. Her Anne Boleyn will cut off your fingers and feed them to you if need be. She is the best bitch that ever was, though she's also tragic and in love and a loving mother.

(The awesome of Dormer!Boleyn will soon be elaborated in The Tudors: The Final Fangirling, a gigantic end-of-show review/picspam-but-not.)

Rupert Friend played Prince Albert. So he's pretty. But he also played Cheri in Cheri, right? With Michelle Pfeiffer? Didn't that involve angst? Either way, he and Natalie would look awesome and ROCK IT.

So. This has been your Bronte post for today. Right.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:38 am

http://jessmz.blogspot.com/2010/06/movie-updates-jane-eyre-wuthering.html

Monday, June 21, 2010
Movie Updates: Jane Eyre & Wuthering Heights
So while catching up on my movie news I came across some pretty cool--and unsure--things about the newest versions of Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. Now, Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books of all time. Definitely in my Top 3. Therefore, it's needless to say that I was a bit nervous when they were going to redo it because I have a very clear image of what Jane and, especially, Rochester, look like. None of the past movies really gave me what I was looking for in terms of that, but does any movie? However, I'm happy to say I can breathe a little now that I saw this:

Yes, that is Mia Wasikowska from Alice In Wonderland! And she is playing Jane. Let me first say that I'm so, so happy that they uglied her down because Jane was never the pitch-perfect heroine we find--too often--today. I honestly think she looks stunning in this photo.

Of course, it is not just Mia that needs to carry the film. The actor that plays Rochester needs to be just as spectacular. I'll freak out if he and Mia have absolutely no chemistry! And I mean I will literally yell at the screen. Sadly, there are no pictures of Rochester as of now, but I did find a picture of the actor. Everyone, meet your future Rochester...

This is Michael Fassbender; an up-and-coming German actor who made his face known in 300, Inglourious Basterds and the latest X-Men film where he'll play the young Magneto (I'm going to take a fangirl moment here and go, SWEET!). Not a bad choice and while he is a bit cuter than what I think Rochester appears to be, I'm expecting great things from him.

Well, that's pretty much it. Currently, Jane Eyre is set for a March 2011 release while Wuthering Heights is still in pre-production, though it also has a 2011 release. Despite it all, these 2 books are classics that will forever stay with us. Even though I hated Wuthering Heights, I would still recommend it.
Posted by JessMZ at 10:07 PM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:10 pm

@catherine_mayer Watched the rough cut of forthcoming Jane Eyre movie. I think Mr Rochester will do for Michael Fassbender what Mr Darcy did for Colin Firth about 6 hours ago via web

@ catherine_mayer Not least because Michael Fassbender does for breeches what Colin Firth did for breeches

(Lord I hope so! I think this will really bring in the girls or guys)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilar on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:16 am

It's going to be tough to top Toby's version of Rochester. I adore his interpetation. However, there's no doubt in my mind Mikey has the chops to reel me in yet again. I'm really chomping at the bit to see this film.
Pilar
Azazeal's Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:53 am

I will watch all the other versions after I see Michael's. It's enough I'm rereading the book.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilar on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:39 am

<STRONG><EM>I saw Toby's version completely by accident. I loved it so much I bought the dvd.</EM></STRONG>
Pilar
Azazeal's Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:15 pm

http://search.plot-movie.com/blog/chose_mia_wasikowska_and_michael_fassbender_team_for_the_new_adaptation_of_jane_eyre.html

Chose Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender team for the new adaptation of Jane Eyre

I do not know if anyone was actually waiting for another, but the talent involved definitely has me interested now. You can see the details after the jump.Mia Wasikowska (Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) seem to be on track to become two of the biggest rising stars out there right now. Both actors are teaming up with director Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) in bringing another adaptation of the classic novel Jane Eyre to the big screen.

Published in 1847, the classic novel tells the story of Jane (Wasikowska), a prim governess who discovers her surly employer Rochester (Fassbender) is harboring a dark secret. Ellen Page was attached to the project once the primary role, but has abandoned the project.Variety reports that the film will be a period piece and will play up the Gothic elements of the story.

His debut as director has received nothing but praise and I am sure that his film will be Jane Eyre radars around the world as he prepares to hit theaters. This is partly due to the fact that Wasikowksa next will be seen as Alice in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland and also will star in Gus Van Sant next untitled film, which was previously titled Restless. I have not seen “Sin Nombre” yet, but I’m sure it’s a name Fukunaga see. As for Fassbender, who is definitely going to bring some attention next year as a star at Marshall (The Descent, Neil) action film Roman Centurion, and co-stars with Josh Brolin and Jonah Hex Megan Fox
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:50 pm

http://fromfilmstofrocks.blogspot.com/2010/08/little-bronte-delight.html

Saturday, August 28, 2010
A Little Bronte Delight

That's one of the first screencaps from the upcoming Jane Eyre, to be released in 2011. It stars Mia Wasikowska as Jane, and the ubiquitous Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester. Though I'm not as enamored with Michael Fassbender as some (*cough, everyone on the freaking world wide web) the actor apparently just oozes sexual charisma, so I'm pretty great with the pick. I just hope this adaptation will be as passionate as its source. The most misguided complaint about Jane Eyre is that it's too reserved; it's a boring moralistic cautionary tale.

Moralistic it may be, but it is still very much the proper sister of Wuthering Heights - the heart of the story contains the same undercurrent of passion and contrariness. Jane Austen held a respectful, tongue-in-cheek attitude towards the formalities enforced by society; the Bronte sisters outright rejected them. The world Charlotte and Emily's characters inhabited were of a more perilous, primitive nature, who had barely enough time to live, much less observe societal norms, before getting offed by consumption, illness, and self-desctructive habits in general. Jane Eyre has much less action, but it's just as fierce and impassioned - the dialogue of the characters snapping and crackling against the gloomy background of Thornfield.

Jane Eyre has become my go-to book this summer, for some reason - every time I'm bored, I just rife through the book again, rereading the same passages. And what I found was that the book is surprisingly hilarious. Just reread Jane's exchanges with Mr. Rochester, and see why he falls in love with her - every answer is unconventional and for him, totally enchanting in its insolence and general lack of sentimentality. She's as immune to the standard notion of romance as Cathy Earnshaw is. The morning after they get engaged, she tells him semi-sarcastically:

"I suppose your love will effervesce in six months or less. I have observed in books written by men, that period assigned as the furthest to which a husband's ardour extends."

Feisty gal, and Mr. Rochester agrees. As you can see, Jane is not, as most actresses have played her, doddering or severe. As Mr. Rochester tells her, she looked "thoughtful; not despondent, you were not sickly; but not buoyant, for you had little hope and actual pleasure.....I saw that you had a social heart; it was the tedium of the her life that made her mournful".

Other released screencap - dying to see Fassbender in full Rochester soon!

The month lapsing between their engagement and marriage is rife with erotic tension. Jane teases and vexes Mr. Rochester to keep him at arm's length, which provokes a kind of sexual frustration on Mr. Rochester's part, physically vented through "pressure, pinches, and tweaks of the ear." Whoa. In what is my opinion one of the more sensual scenes in the novel, Mr Rochester, roused to full-fledged passion after singing a lover's song on the piano, approaches Jane "face kindled and eye flashing" and is about to - what? Pounce? Embrace? Either way, implied to submit to some indecent physical foreplay before a fearful Jane saves the day by breathlessly diverting him with one of her witty questions.

Too often, Jane is portrayed in movies as a Mary-Sue type who's totally dominated by the ultra hot Rochester, a girl undeserving of him until he loses his arm, eye, and is therefore becomes her equal in loserish-ness. The spark, the genuine chemistry and fire of their courtship are always left out. That's the point of the entire novel. He meets a girl whose passion, intellect, and stimulation transcends their social boundaries and surpasses the courtly reserve of everyone else, and whose gamine frame he finds weirdly attractive.

They don't realize that she's more than just his foil; she's his equal, just as provocative and saucy. I think the novel, if properly translated to the screen, would be an absolute firecracker. I can only hope that they didn't get Fassbender in order to compensate for the screen heroine's dullness, rather than upgrading both characters.

It's time for an adaptation that portrays Jane the way Mr. Rochester sees her, not the way society sees her - an unattractive, sweetly endearing prude - but the girl Rochester not only loves but is enchanted by - described by him as "a strange, unearthly thing", with "soft excitement in her aspect", "a glowing eye", "a curious hesitation", who is attractive in her "piquant" "aerial" "frail" frame, possessing a "soul of fire" and whose curious smile is endlessly fascinating to Rochester for its "sagacious grace, inexplicable uncanny turn of countenance", on the whole, a "wild, shy, provoking smile". Her face needs to be illuminated and worshipped by the camera the way Abbie Cornish was in Bright Star, so that the audience can understand Rochester's enchantment, and why he continually refers to her as an "elf".

Let's hope this is the one.

Posted by Stella at 2:36 PM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:46 pm

http://thesqueee.blogspot.com/2010/09/jane-eyre-premiering-in-venice-bogus.html

Thursday, 2 September 2010
Jane Eyre premiering in Venice - bogus?
I thought the new adaptation of Jane Eyre was going to premiere at the Venice Film Festival now in September, but after scanning the films on show and the schedules, I can't find it. So I believe rumours of the film showing up in broad daylight at this year's Venice Film Festival have been greatly exaggerated. We still have to wait until March of next year ... *sigh*

The only thing to whet our appetites so far have been a few tweets from NY Times (?) Catherine Mayer (@catherine_mayer), namely these:

Watched the rough cut of forthcoming Jane Eyre movie. I think Mr Rochester will do for Michael Fassbender what Mr Darcy did for Colin Firth

Hoho wow, is all I have to say, in a Father Dougal type way. Splendid, can't wait!

Not least because Michael Fassbender does for breeches what Colin Firth did for breeches

Screenshot or it didn't happen! Seriously, show a picture of the guy so we can commence swooning pre-premiere!

Mia Wasikowska is, incidentally, wonderful as Jane Eyre

What, in a sort of "oh yah, the heroine's awright, btw" fashion? Maybe she was too taken by Rochester. ... Which bodes well for all of us on Team Rochester! Very Happy

Jamie Bell is very good. You want to like the character but can't. The brutality of Jane's rejection is still shocking

Ohh, we're getting a decent St John for once? Excellent.

I think I need to bring out me Jane Eyre MP3s again (audio ripping from DVDs ftw!) as a consolation price. And post a gratuitous piccy of Michael Fassbender. Just as a "ah just wait for it, the man has potential" token. Ahhh ... we shall see, we shall see ...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:09 am

http://orchid70.wordpress.com/2010/09/18/jane-eyre-do-all-good-things-come-in-threes-fukunaga-believes-in-twenty-twos/

Jane Eyre – Do all good things come in threes? Fukunaga believes in twenty-twos!

Erstellt 18/09/2010 von orchid70 in Movie. 1 Kommentar
According to information on the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel Jane Eyre (1847) has recently been filmed again (post-production stage) – as per my own calculation for the 22nd time: Director Cary Fukunaga’s new adaptation is supposed to be released in March 2011. Michael Fassbender who performed alongside Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz in Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds plays Edward Rochester, Mia Wasikowska stars as Jane. Definitely good news: Judi Dench plays Mrs. Fairfax.
Here Russ Fischer shares some thoughts on the new project, e.g. that the movie script is said to play up the gothic elements of the original novel. Fischer puzzles over the question whether the new version could thus resemble the 1944 rather gloomy version with Joan Fontaine and Orson Welles.
I ask myself: Why do we need a 22nd adaptation of Jane Eyre? Until recently, the 1997 Jane Eyre adaptation starring Samantha Morton and Ciarán Hinds has been my all-time favorite since it follows very closely the original. However, since I’ve seen the 2006 BBC version starring Ruth Wilson and Toby Stephens, I have a second favorite. Rochester is a bit softer and Jane more passionate – maybe that’s due to a FEMALE script writer and a FEMALE director.
I think it’s time for a survey in order to figure out which Jane Eyre couples are the most favored. ;-)
Below find a complete listing of all Jane Eyre adaptations, including links where you can watch the movie or TV series on the web:

* 2011 - Jane Eyre – Director: Cary Fukunaga, Script: Moira Buffini, starring Mia Wasikowska/ Michael Fassbender
* 2006 – Jane Eyre – Director: Susanne White, Script: Sandy Welch, BBC TV mini-series, starring Ruth Wilson/ Toby Stephens *****German viewers can watch the series on Free Videoload.*****
* 1997 – Jane Eyre – Director: Robert Young, Script: Richard Hawley, starring Samantha Morton/ Ciarán Hinds
* 1996 – Jane Eyre – Director: Franco Zeffirelli, Script: Hugh Whitemore, starring Charlotte Gainsbourg/ William Hurt *****On YouTube you can find the movie split in twelve separate parts.*****
* 1983 – Jane Eyre – Director: Julian Amyes, Script: Alexander Baron, BBC TV mini-series, starring Zelah Clarke/ Timothy Dalton *****Go to YouTube to watch the movie in three separate parts.*****
* 1973 – Jane Eyre – Director: Joan Craft, Script: Robin Chapman, BBC TV mini-series, starring Sorcha Cusack/ Michael Jayston
* 1970 – Jane Eyre – Director: Delbert Mann, Script: Jack Pulman, TV series, starring Susannah York/ George C. Scott ****The movie can be viewed in twelve separate parts on YouTube.*****
* 1968 – Jane Eyre (Greek adaptation) – Director: Yiorgos Lois, Script:Yiorgos Lois, starring Hristina Sylva/ Manos Katrakis
* 1963 – Jane Eyre – Director: Rex Tucker, Script: Constance Cox, TV series, starring Ann Bell/ Richard Leech
* 1961 – Jane Eyre – Director: Marc Daniels, Script: Michael Dyne, TV series, starring Sally Ann Howes/ Zachary Scott
* 1958 – Jane Eyre (Dutch adaptation) – Director: Peter Hoen, Script: Constance Cox/ Ian Dallas/ David Koning, TV series, starring Mia Goossen/ Rob de Vries
* 1956 – Jane Eyre – Director: Campbell Logan, Script: Constance Cox/ Ian Dallas, BBC TV series, starring Daphne Slater/ Stanley Baker
* 1955 - Jane Eyre (Brazilian adaption) – Director:na, Script: na, TV series, actors: na
* 1952 – Sangdil (loose Indian adaptation of Jane Eyre) – Director: R.C. Talwar, Script: Ramanand Sagar, starring Madhubala/ Dilip Kumar
* 1943 – Jane Eyre – Director: Robert Stevenson, Script: John Houseman, starring Joan Fontaine/ Orson Welles
* 1934 – Jane Eyre – Director: Christy Cabanne, Script: Adele Comandini, starring Virginia Bruce/ Colin Clive
* 1921 – Jane Eyre – Director: Hugo Ballin, Script: Hugo Ballin, silent movie, starring Mabel Ballin/ Norman Trevor
* 1915 - Jane Eyre – Director: Travers Vale, Script: na, silent movie, actors: Herbert Barrington, Kate Bruce…
* 1914 - Jane Eyre – Director: Martin Faust, Script:na, silent movie, actors: Lisbeth Blackstone, Ethel Grandin, Irving Cummings…
* 1914 – Jane Eyre – Director: Frank Hall Crane, Script: na, silent movie, actors: Ethel Grandin, Irving Cummings…
* 1910 – The Mad Lady of Chester (Italian adaptation) – Director: na, Script: na, silent movie, actors: na
* 1910 – Jane Eyre – Director: Theodore Marston, Script: Theodore Marston, silent movie, starring Frank Hall Crane

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:30 pm

http://equustel.livejournal.com/318569.html

In the name of all the elves in Christendom!*

8th-Oct-2010 04:04 pm
north and south / thornton angst
I just finished reading Wuthering Heights for the first time and I'm shocked to say that I... liked it. And that is saying A LOT for a book in which both of the central characters totally abhor me. Most of the secondaries do, as well (I could only sympathize with three of them: Edgar Linton, Nelly, and Hareton).

But holy crap, I could not take my eyes off the thing. What a glorious train-wreck. What terrifying people.

I'm fascinated by the contrast between this and Jane Eyre, which I love with everything in me. Rochester is terrified of the ghosts in his past and keeps them behind locked doors, whereas Heathcliff literally asks to be haunted. Rochester and Jane make each other into idols, but realize their mistake and are healed through re-discovering each other as flawed human beings. Heathcliff and Cathy make each other into idols and kill themselves over it. Did I mention they terrify me?

Speaking of Jane Eyre, I am beside myself waiting for the new adaptation that comes out March 2011. It's brilliantly cast, IMO (Mia Wasikowska as Jane, Michael Fassbender as Rochester, with excellent support - see the full list here). Add to that an interesting director and an apparently solid script that made the 2008 Brit List for best unproduced screenplays, and yeah. I'M EXCITED. Only two stills have been released from it so far, and no trailer. But I have a good feeling about this one, folks. Here's a still of Mia-as-Jane sells me on both her and the aesthetics of the film already.

*My absolute favorite Rochester line. I wish to integrate it into my own speech habits.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:22 pm

http://www.justjaytomboy.com/2010/11/guest-post-weekend-jane-eyre.html

Saturday, November 13, 2010
Guest Post Weekend - Jane Eyre
Once again, my lovely sister has provided me with a guest post for the weekend!

Thank you Big Sis!

From Big Sis -
This film post is actually about an unhealthy obsession: arguing against another theatrical adaptation of Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre. This one is scheduled to be released in March 11, 2011 starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender.

I discovered this book by watching the 1943 film version with Orson Welles and Joan Fontaine on Turner Classic Movies (Allow me this moment to grieve over being on a break with my TV channel boyfriend of 13 years. Oh Turner! How I miss you so! Stupid analog TV and digital cable signals being incompatible. Ok. I’m better.). Anyway, I loved the story of a plain and principled English governess who fell in love with a brooding and complicated man. So over the years, I have watched any available adaptation of this book, judging it based on the following criteria:

1) Casting of Mr. Rochester and Jane Eyre and their chemistry which is tricky because their attraction to each other is based on the mental rather than physical.

2) Chapter 14 – the first intellectual discussion

3) Chapter 23 – the proposal scene

4) Chapter 27 – the aftermath of the disrupted wedding

I haven’t liked any of the theatrical adaptations because they have only 2 hours and some minutes to hit the highlights of the novel. Therefore, some scenes are cut and some of the pivotal scenes in the novel are shortened. However, the mini-series format does allow the time to show all the pivotal scenes including lengthy monologues in their entirety. My favorite adaptation is the 1983 BBC version starring Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke because the screenplay stays faithful to the book and Dalton and Clarke captured the chemistry of Jane and Mr. Rochester that I had perceived when I read the book. However, the cinematography and some of the camera angles/shots are lackluster. There’s no attempt to blend the outside scenes with the inside scenes. The cinematography for the inside scenes make the scenes look like it was filmed on a stage while the outside scenes look more realistic. The most recent adaptation was a mini-series in 2006 produced by the BBC. However, that one took more liberties with the story than the 1983 version in an attempt to make it relatable to a modern audience by ramping up the sexual tension between Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester. The most blatant example is their vision of Chapter 27 (when Jane tells Mr. Rochester that she has to leave him because he is still married to Bertha Mason). Here’s the 1983 version which sticks to the words of the novel faithfully:

And here’s the 2006 version of Chapter 27:

First of all, I’ll admit that it is a sexy scene and the actors have amazing chemistry. BUT THIS IS NOT JANE EYRE AND MR. ROCHESTER! Where’s Jane’s stubborn resolution to hold on to her principles even though she knew she had to leave the one person who loved her? And what about Mr. Rochester’s gruff and desperate manner to hold on to the one person who has given his life meaning again? Jane would have never let Mr. Rochester lay her down on her back and Mr. Rochester would never be that gently sensual with her, especially when he is trying to convince her to stay with him despite having a crazy wife. But I guess the producers, the director, and the screenwriters felt that modern audiences needed to see the tension rather than hear it. If they really needed to have a more overt sexual tension between the characters in this scene, it needed to be of a hate sex type because you have two people who are stubbornly yet passionately butting heads. That is, of course, had they used the exact words from the novel in its entirety. The one positive about the 2006 mini-series was that the cinematography was beautifully gloomy. My ideal film version of Jane Eyre is to combine the cinematography of the 2006 mini-series with the screenplay of the 1983 version.

But alas it is not meant to be. I deeply fear that the 2011 theatrical adaptation will have amazing atmospheric cinematography but the characters will change to suit modern audiences. The producers and the screenwriters will assume that today’s audiences’ attention spans have significantly decreased and will try to rewrite Charlotte Brontë’s intelligent prose. At least, they didn’t try to find an actress who is conventionally beautiful and try to make her plain. I haven’t seen Alice in Wonderland (2010) yet (It’s in the Netflix queue), so I can’t judge Mia Wasikowska’s acting. And I have only seen Michael Fassbender in Inglourious Basterds (2009). I just hope that he can capture the darker aspects of Mr. Rochester’s character well enough that I can overlook how good-looking he is like Timothy Dalton did. Right now, it is too easy to imagine women willingly ripping off their bodices for his Mr. Rochester not only because he’s allegedly rich but also he’s handsome in a rakish way. Plus, I haven’t seen a theatrical adaptation of Jane Eyre in a theater, so I will try to go with an open mind.

So that’s my book-to-film unhealthy obsession. Do you have a favorite film adaptation of your favorite book? Or perhaps a least favorite? Or do you have a book that hasn’t been made into a film yet and you want to see it done? And do you think it is better that the film sticks to the letter of novel
or the spirit of the novel?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:56 am

http://laurasmiscmusings.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-jane-eyre.html

Tuesday, November 16, 2010
A New Jane Eyre

Since I just watched the 1971 version of JANE EYRE last week, I was intrigued to learn there's a new adaptation coming to theaters in Spring 2011.

This latest version stars Mia Wasikowska in the title role. I'd never heard of her, but it turns out that she played the title role in Tim Burton's ALICE IN WONDERLAND earlier this year.

Michael Fassbender (BAND OF BROTHERS) plays Mr. Rochester, with Judi Dench as his housekeeper, Mrs. Fairfax.

The trailer featured here is downright creepy; this film version looks as though it will play up the more horrific elements, and Jane's plain appearance is also strongly emphasized.

More details on the remake were posted last summer here.

There are a couple interesting EYRE-related posts I've come across recently: Java's Journey takes a look at the short 1934 version starring Virginia Bruce, Colin Clive, and Edith Fellows, while Cinema OCD has an exhaustive rundown of Janes and Rochesters through the years, with an especially good look at the Welles version and amusing analysis of the Rochester character.

Speaking of JANE EYRE, it didn't occur to me until a couple days after watching the George C. Scott and Suasnnah York version that in 1984 they were reunited in another superb TV-movie, A CHRISTMAS CAROL. Scott, of course, played Scrooge, and York played Mrs. Cratchit.

posted by Laura @ 11:37 PM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:59 pm

http://romanticarmchairtraveller.typepad.com/ract/2010/11/popularising-austen-and-the-bronts.html

Saturday, November 20, 2010
Popularising Austen And The Brontës

Not really the BrontësUpon its publication in 2008, Colleen McCullough's irreverent homage to Pride And Prejudice, The Independence Of Miss Mary Bennet, had Janeites/Austenites up in arms. One of the most ferociously aired objections was the unflattering depiction of Mr. Darcy (Fitz) and his disillusioned relationship with Elizabeth. In light of that uproar, it is arresting to note the relative acceptance of the derivative works that are saturating the market these days.

If anything, the current craze for mash-ups, sequels, and re-interpretations make McCullough’s perceived faux-pas seem an exercise in delicacy. Along with Emma And The Vampires, Pride And Prejudice And Zombies, Murder At Mansfield Park, The Phantom Of Pemberley, Jane And The Damned (in which, according to AAR’s review, Austen is "turned into a vampire, [...] kills French soldiers, and takes a lover") are a cohort of authors who romance every aspect of Austen’s creations in novels such as In The Arms Of Mr. Darcy, Mr. Darcy’s Obsession, and A Darcy Christmas. (Heidenkind of the blog Truth, Beauty, Freedom, And Books makes a thought-provoking note about the current obsession with zombies in her latest post.)

Are zombies and murderers a less threatening contribution to the canon than a marital crisis? Perhaps, if Jane Austen is considered mainly in the current light of her iconic status in romantic literature. To me, her romantic couples are of lesser interest than her sharp-tongued observations about genteel society, which may explain why I leafed dispassionately through McCullough’s novel and feel no stirring of excitement at trying other authors’ romantic retellings.

My Dearest Mr. Darcy by Sharon Latham 2010 Fitzwilliam Darcy, as written in Pride and Prejudice, for all his purportedly sterling qualities seems the most tedious of conversationalists. Has anyone else noticed that whenever he is mentioned in glowing terms on the Internet (outside academic circles), the discussion tends to segue into his screen appeal? Ask enthusiasts for their favourite Darcy quote from the book, and the reply is often either a blank or a scene from a film or series (Colin Firth rising from the pond). Frequently my impression is that people have fallen in love with the idea of Austen’s world rather than with her written words, and the screen portrayals of Darcy more than the figure in the novel.

In my case, as someone who was moved by the poignancy of Anne’s situation in Persuasion but whom Austen’s writing style strikes as airless, desiccated, and monotonous, screen interpretations have helped supply the imagery, emotional clues, passion, and freshness the novels lack for me. (I believe I have read them all, including some juvenilia, Lady Susan, and the fragments of Sanditon and The Watsons.) For example, the only time I have felt a sympathetic connection with Darcy was via Matthew MacFadyen’s interpretation in the 2005 film version: the actor brought a sensitivity and earnest intensity to the role that explained Darcy’s haughtiness in terms of diffidence rather than arrogance. It made me willing to re-read Pride And Prejudice. That is why, while on an artistic level it exasperates me beyond expression to see so many novelists rip off or re-imagine original characters instead of creating their own, the classic literature fan in me feels relaxed, pleased at the prominence the Brontës and Austen are enjoying.

Not all works that draw on romantic classics are complimentary, of course; The Independence Of Miss Mary Bennet was far from the first time a beloved classic's fictional creation had received less than venerable treatment. There is, notably, Jean Rhys’s now (deservedly, I think) classic Wide Sargasso Sea, which savages Edward Fairfax Rochester (Jane Eyre), and Mrs. De Winter and Rebecca’s Tale which, if (pained) memory serves, make mincemeat of Maxim de Winter (Rebecca).

Jane Slayre by Sherri Browning Erwin 2010 As with Austen, the Brontës are beginning to receive trendy attention, too – see Jane Slayre, for example. The only surprising thing is that Emily and Anne Brontë have escaped the zombologists and vampirists so long; Anne's trenchant study of alcoholism and a disintegrating marriage in The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall (which has one of the strongest heroines of 19th century literature) made even the outspoken Charlotte nervous.

But in the current climate, I doubt the Brontës will ever come close to the general appeal of all things Austen. Popular culture seems overwhelmingly more at ease with the latter. For one thing, as much as I may think Darcy is dull on paper, he is certainly more easily romanticised than the colourful but perennially controversial Rochester. John Knightley (Emma) comes in dazzlingly shining armour whereas Wuthering Heights's Heathcliff (classic zombie material, surely) has alarmed critics and readers since his first appearance. And gossip and class barriers do allow for a very different kind of comedy than bigamy, alcoholism, maiming, and revenge.

Still, filmmakers do return to Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights, trying to make sense in two hours or less of the former’s span from childhood to adulthood and the latter’s labyrinthine, multi-generational structure. The newest adaptation of Jane Eyre is set to premiere in the spring of 2011. To judge by the trailer (below), it seems fairly un-revolutionary in that it, too, despite the production site's mention of Rochester's "coldness" appears to soft-focus on the romance and its gothic qualities. So far, the version I have had least problems with is BBC’s 2006 mini-series. Not only did the longer length permit the inclusion of the Rivers family and Jane’s school experiences, but the cinematography and sets were beautiful and the chemistry between Toby Stephens and Ruth Wilson brought out (with one (in)famous liberty) the sensual quality of the intensely physical attraction between Jane and Rochester that had gone primly missing from other adaptations. I do look cautiously forward to seeing how Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender interpret one of my favourite literary couples.

Posted by The Romantic Armchair Traveller on Saturday, November 20, 2010 at 03:00 AM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:10 am

http://the-book-lover.blogspot.com/2010/11/jane-eyre-in-2011.html

Thursday, November 25, 2010
Jane Eyre in 2011
I don't have to even see the trailer for this new film adaptation to know whether or not I am going to see it in theaters. There is nothing that can keep me from seeing it! The trailer for the new Little Red Riding Hood leaves me debating about the only reason I would see that movie in theaters would be because Gary Oldman is in it, but I don't even have to see the trailer for Jane Eyre. I'm so there!

I'm sure that I probably haven't seen all the versions to date, but most of them are disappointing. However, I do like the Masterpiece Theater presentation. I want to own that DVD at some point.

I didn't think I was familiar with the cast for this upcoming version apart from Judi Dench. However, I have seen Mia Wasikowska before as Alice in Alice in Wonderland, Michael Fassbender as Stelios in 300 and he is also present as a voice in the video game Fable 3 (which is sitting neglected on my shelf until I finish the last portion of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep).

I really need to read this book again to refresh my memory since it's been a little over three years. Mr. Rochester is the only fictional Edward that should matter! It's good to feel excited about film adaptations of books that I've read.
Posted by Moony at 7:04 PM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:17 pm

http://enchantingbutterfly.blogspot.com/2010/12/reader-i-married-him.html

Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Reader, I married him.
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is one of my favorite novels and I've seen every movie adaptation ever made. Imagine my surprise and immense joy when I discovered that a new film version has been made, starring the pretty Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland). The brooding, dashing, romantic hero is portrayed by German-born Michael Fassbender (Band of Brothers and Inglourious Basterds). Reader, I can't wait to see it.

Reader, I married him. A quiet wedding we had: he and I, the parson and clerk, were alone present. - Jane Eyre

Posted by Luli at Wednesday, December 08, 2010
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:20 pm

http://geekgirlmutterings.blogspot.com/2010/12/mr-rochester.html

Thursday, December 9, 2010
Mr. Rochester
Jane Eyre (Masterpiece Theatre, 2006)It's very obvious to anyone who knows me that I'm an Anglophile. (For those who don't know an Anglophile is a person who loves all things British.) Let me tell you, I love it when I come across a new movie adaptation of one of my favorite books. Right now I'm !super!excited! about the new Jane Eyre movie that's coming out. Any guesses why? Beside the fact that it's a British film? Because Michael Fassbender is Mr. Rochester! It's already been established how much of a hankering I have for him. (Heh. Hankering.) So until the new one comes out I'll have to watch Masterpiece Theatre's Jane Eyre over and over. It's the best version I've seen to date. But that might change once I've seen Mr. Fassbender take his turn.
Posted by Boss at 1:48 AM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum