Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top movie quotes

Go down

Top movie quotes Empty Top movie quotes

Post by Admin on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:54 pm

http://markjohnsonpresents.com/?p=3372

The Top Ten Greatest Movie Quotes of the Decade
Author: Mark Johnson // Category: Greatest of the Decade Series

The next installment in my Best of the 00’s series was by far the hardest to put together. It may be due to the lack of great quotes from the decade. I’m not sure that is the case though. I think this is the one category most dependant on the passing of time to help decide what lines resonate the loudest and which quotes become woven into the fabric of our culture. Who might have guessed “E.T. phone home” would have become the all time classic that it is? On paper, it is a simple line. Not as intelligent as Orson Welles’ cuckoo clock speech from The Third Man, nor is it as mystifying as “May the Force be with you,” from Star Wars, but still a classic nonetheless.

So I ask you to consider this while mulling over my list of the Top Ten Movie Quotes of the Decade. I’m sure there are a lot of great choices that I will leave out. As always, I encourage you to leave comments as to what you would have included or what you agree/disagree with. The debate is half the fun!

If you have missed any of my previous lists, you can check out my top ten Characters, Female Performances and Male Performances of the decade.

And now for my top ten quotes after the cut…

10. “That’s a Bingo!” – Christoph Waltz as Colonel Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds (2009) (I’m going out on a limb with this one… if this grows to be a Tarantino classic then you never know. This is the line from the movie that I am hearing the most often already).

9. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Sir Ian McKellen as Galdalf the Grey in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

8. “Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.” – Cliff Robertson as Ben Parker in Spiderman (2002)

7. “Why… so… serious?!” – Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight (2008)

6. “I don’t want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me.” – Jack Nicolson as Frank Costello in The Departed (2006)

5. “What business is it of yours where I’m from, friendo?” – Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men (2007)

4. “What we do in this life echoes in eternity.” – Russell Crowe as Maximus Decimus Meridius in Gladiator (2000)

3. “I wish I knew how to quit you!” - Jake Gyllenhaal as Jack Twist in Brokeback Mountain (2005)

2. “My Precious!” – Andy Serkis as Gollum/Smeagol in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)

1. “I drink your milkshake!” - Daniel Day-Lewis as Daniel Plainview in There Will Be Blood (2007)

Honorable mention: “I’m angry all the time… and I don’t know why.” – Sandra Bullock as Jean Cabot in Crash (2005); “It’s a funny thing about comin’ home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You’ll realize what’s changed is you.” – Brad Pitt as Benjamin Button in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008); “Mo cuishle means my darling. My blood.” – Clint Eastwood as Frankie Dunn in Million Dollar Baby (2004); “Appearances can be… deceptive?” – Brad Pitt as Chad Feldheimer in Burn After Reading (2008); “The way of the future.” – Leonardo DiCaprio as Howard Hughes in The Aviator (2004); ”I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.” - Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills in Taken (2009); “Are you not entertained??!!” – Russell Crowe as Maximus Decimus Meridius in Gladiator; (2000); “There’s a whole ocean of oil under our feet! No one can get at it except for me!” AND “I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.” - Daniel Day-Lewis as Daniel Plainview in There Will Be Blood (2007); “You can’t stop what’s coming.” – Barry Corbin as Ellis in No Country for Old Men (2007); “You probably heard we ain’t in the prisoner-takin’ business; we in the killin’ Nazi business. And cousin, Business is a-boomin’.” – Brad Pitt as Lt. Aldo Raine in In glourious Basterds (2009); “There’s a special rung in hell reserved for people who waste good scotch. And seeing as I might be rapping on the door momentarily…” – Michael Fassbender as Lt. Archie Hicox in Inglourious Basterds (2009); “I see you.” – Zoe Saldana as Neytiri in Avatar (2009).

ShareThis
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down