Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?)

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:02 am

http://mysportsscore.com/sports/michael-fassbender-head-of-the-class.html

Michael Fassbender Head of the Class?

It looks like Michael Fassbender’s supervillain Sophie’s Choice might be easier than expected . While he’s still presumably on the shortlist to play the villain in Sony’s Spider-Man reboot, the German actor has been officially offered the role of Magneto in Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class over at Twentieth Century Fox. If he accepts, Fassbender — next seen slicing throats in Centurion — would star alongside the previously announced James McAvoy, who plays Professor X in the film scheduled for release next summer. Marvel fatigue or not, that does sound pretty OK, right? [ Deadline ]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?)

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:07 am

http://us.gossipblender.com/gossip/michael-fassbender-in-talks-to-magnetize-%E2%80%98x-men-first-class%E2%80%99/

Michael Fassbender In Talks To Magnetize ‘X-Men: First Class’
Friday,18 June

The latest gossip and news written in the Access Hollywood - Latest News reports...
Michael Fassbender may soon have a new title — Master of Magnetism.

The “Inglorious Basterds” star is in talks to play Magneto in “X-Men: First Class,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
More.

What do you think of this gossip about Michael Fassbender In Talks To Magnetize ‘X-Men: First Class’ have your say below...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:17 am

http://gordonandthewhale.com/michael-fassbender-in-talks-to-play-magneto-in-x-men-first-class/

Michael Fassbender in talks to play Magneto in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS

by: Will Schiffelbein
June 18th, 2010

I’d have no reservations in calling Michael Fassbender the Al Pacino of this generation. To be honest, he doesn’t even have to be Pacino. He could be Brando or Bogey. Either way, he’s easily one of the best actors to break onto the scene over the past few years. His performances are unrivaled in commitment and talent, which is why I’m curious as to his potential involvement in an upcoming superhero flick.

Apparently, Michael Fassbender is in talks to play Magneto in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. Hit the jump for the full story.

This news comes just after the announcement that James McAvoy will play Professor Xavier, along with the very recent new that Benjamin Walker has been cast as Beast, both of which are interesting actors and choices for the roles. McAvoy isn’t a bad actor, but he doesn’t look the part to quite the degree that Patrick Stewart did. But I’m always up for a new take on any character. As far as Benjamin Walker is concerned, as well as the character of Beast, I’ll have to wait and see until I get a glimpse at their interpretation.

What’s really disappointing about this news is that Fassbender is even involved with this project. To think, the guy who delivered the transformative performance from HUNGER is wasting his time on a cash-grab superhero flick. Sure, it could be a movie that delivers some fun action or some new insight into the cardboard cutout characters of the X-Men series, but in the end, it’s probably still going to be a superhero movie. And it’d be a waste of Fassbender’s time.

Even with Matthew Vaughn directing, who has shown his incredible talent with everything he’s done, the source material is just so weak. Superhero comic books rarely deliver a narrative or characters worth making a movie about. I guess I can’t make a full opinion on the source material until I’ve read X-Men: First Class. But so long as it’s about a guy with metal bones and can shoot lasers from his eyes, I’ll keep my doubts.

Source: The Playlist
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:19 am

http://thedrunkenscholar.net/?p=4258

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS Casting News, and DS’ X-MEN Franchise Rant
By
Drunken Scholar
– June 18, 2010

I haven’t had too much to say on the new X-MEN movie, mostly because I was confident that it would be yet ANOTHER movie about Magneto and Wolverine- as if three of those weren’t enough. 4 if you could that sh*#&% Wolverine spin-off and now a probably shittier Magneto one that is still in the works. With X-MEN: FIRST CLASS producers are approaching the franchise from a new direction. Think ULTIMATE X-MEN, but ya know…movies.

mcavoy-xavier Last week it was announced that James McAvoy (WANTED) was cast as a much younger Professor X. This actually made me sit up and start paying attention to this film. I love James McAvoy in everything he’s in. He’s a great actor and he takes every part he is given and really makes it his own. So, unlike some people who were outraged, I gave a whooping, “Fuck Yeah!” when I heard he was cast in the role.

mikemags It has been reported over at Heat Vision that Michael Fassbender (INGLORIOUS BASTERDS) has entered early negotiations to take up the role of Magneto. if you think he’s too much of a pretty boy to play Mags, think again. Fassbender is no n00b to comic book movies- he played the much loved Stelios in 300. Now for my X-MEN rant.

I’ll be honest. I raved about X-MEN and X2. I thought they were the next great thing in superhero movies. X3 left a bad taste in my mouth because, well, it was a train wreck. But looking back, the entire franchise was handled atrociously. The X-Men are an ensemble cast. I understand that different characters are going to take center stage at different times, but if you look at those movies as a whole they all revolve around Magneto and Wolverine. All the epic storylines they could have introduced, all of the character potential they could have tapped and the first X-MEN franchise is nothing but a stagnant pond of X-Factor genes.

If X-MEN: FIRST CLASS is going to revive the franchise then there are 4 things they need to do in my opinion.

4. LEAVE MAGNETO ALONE: I get it. He’s the most iconic mutant of them all, and I understand why it’s easy to make a movie about him. He’s a vastly complex character. Having said that, he should exit stage left at the end of X-MEN FIRST CLASS and should only return in a limited capacity for future films.

3. ENSEMBLE CAST MEANS STORYLINES ABOUT DIFFERENT MUTANTS: Each film should focus on different characters. That isn’t to say that they all can’t be around and have their own things going on, but each film should shift that focus to different team members. The one thing I will give X3 is that at least it wasn’t totally about Wolverine and Magneto. While the Phoenix storyline was butchered to hell, it was nice to see someone else take center stage for once.

2. BRING ON THE SENTINELS: One of the central themes of the X-MEN is the tension between mutants and the governments that can’t control them. That’s the whole reason the SENTINELS were created in the classic universe: to subjugate mutants and bring them under Normal Human control (only a few people wanted to use them as a method of extinction.) The Sentinels never made it into the previous X-MEN movies, and I have no idea why. They don’t even have to be giant robots (though that would be amazing). Hollywood could introduce them as Terminator type machines that look human but are really mutant ass kickers in disguise.

1. SINISTER AND APOCALYPSE: While Magneto is the most iconic X-MEN villain out there he is hardly the most menacing. It was a missed opportunity that the previous franchise never took advantage of the X-MEN rogues gallery, and it’s something they need to fix with this film. Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse would go a long way into making the new Franchise darker and more threatening.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:33 am

http://moviemikes.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-confirmed-for-magneto-in-first-class/

Michael Fassbender Confirmed For “Magneto” in “First Class”

June 18, 2010 by Mike Gencarelli

Michael Fassbender, who was just featured in the disaster of a movie, “Jonah Hex” has been confirmed to play a young Magneto/Eric Lensherr in “X-Men: First Class”, according to EW. Fassbender has become more well known after his role in “Inglourious Basterds” last year.

James McAvoy is already on board the film to play a young Charles Xavier aka Professor X. Yesterday, we also reported that unknown stage actor Benjamin Walker is set to play Beast/Hank McCoy.

Two cast confirmations in a week is a great start for what will shape up to be a great restart of the “X-Men” Series.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:41 am

http://themovieblog.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-is-magneto

Michael Fassbender is Magneto
June 18th, 2010 -- Written by Francisco

Quick news here. Remember when it was rumored that actor Michael Fassbender was being courted to become Magneto (X-Men) or Lizard (Spider-Man)? Well, apparently it has been decided…

JoBlo reports:

As was previously reported, actor Michael Fassbender (300, INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS) was being pursued for both the role of Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto in the mutant spinoff, and the main villain part in Sony’s SPIDER-MAN reboot. Now Deadline says that Fassbender just got an official offer for Magneto and “Fox is confident they will make a deal and have him join James McAvoy, who was recently set to play [Charles] Xavier.”

I’m pretty comfortable with this decision. I prefer seeing Fassbender as Magneto playing against/alongside McAvoy’s Charles Xavier. I like both as actors; so I’m pretty excited about this setup.

What do you guys think? You ok with him playing young Magneto? Or did you want him as Lizard?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:43 am

http://moviecultists.com/2010/06/18/fassbender-confirmed-villain-for-new-class-young-guy-playing-hairy-guy/

Fassbender Confirmed as Magneto for “X-Men: First Class,” Young Guy Playing Hairy Guy

Written by Scott Yacyshyn on 6/18/10

A couple of casting confirmations on X-Men: First Class have been announced; one that had been rumored for quite awhile and another that came out of essentially nowhere.

Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds, Jonah Hex) is confirmed to play Magneto in the superhero origin movie, which sees a young Charles Xavier rounding up his first team of mutants to do battle against the magnetic villain. Slash Film picked up the news, along with the confirmation that Benjamin Walker has been cast as Beast (aka Hank McCoy) for the flick. Walker is a relatively unknown film actor, most notably playing a young Kinsey in 2004′s Kinsey. Fassbender and Walker will be occupying the roles previously held by Ian McKellan and Kelsey Grammar, respectively.

Fassbender did a great job as Lt. Archie Hilcox in Basterds, so I’ll certainly be interested to see what he does with one of Marvel’s most nefarious characters. But it’s Benjamin Walker that I’ll really be keeping an eye on. Beast is one of my favorite characters, and I’ll be curious to see how Walker handles this brilliant-but-brutal role. And I’ll also be wondering whether First Class will be going with the contemporary blue version of the superhero, or his original just-a-big-hairy-guy look.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 am

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/06/18/michael-fassbender-to-don-magnetos-helmet/

Michael Fassbender to don Magneto’s helmet?

June 18th, 2010
Author Lan Pitts

Well, I’m not sure if they are going to use his helmet in this movie, but it has been confirmed by Heatvision that Michael Fassbender (300, Inglorious Basterds, Jonah Hex) is in negotiations to play Max Eisenhardt/Erik Lehnsherr aka Magneto in the upcoming X-Men: First Class.

I like the prospect of an actual German playing the role of Magneto. Now it wouldn’t surprise me if we see more casting calls since I’m sure this movie is in full-blown casting mode. It will definitely be a change of pace in character from Ian McKellan to Fassbender, so will we see a more sinister Magneto? I’m trying to figure out what time frame the movie takes place since Magneto was born in the 1920’s, so will Fassbender play an older man still?

With X-Men: The Last Stand four years behind us, I’m so glad for this movie moving forward and interesting casting choices so far.

So readers, what do you think of this casting idea?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:06 am

http://geeksyndicate.wordpress.com/2010/06/18/michael-fassbender-this-man-this-magneto/

Michael Fassbender: This Man, This Magneto!

Posted by vichussmith on June 18, 2010

Michael Fassbender’s name has gotten hot in the geek world because he has been attached to X-men: First Class, playing a young Magneto. Who is this guy, though?

Let’s begin with the badass:

This is, ah, one for the Fassbender lovers, but it also gives you a good taste of Fassbender’s role in 300

Now let’s see Fassbender once again taking part in ancient war:

A trailer for Centurion, and it looks damn good!

This is a trailer for Hunger, with Fassbender in the main role. This movie looks really good. I might have to check it out!

As any who have seen will remember, Magneto was in a concentration camp during WWII. The flashback of Magneto using his powers as a child was one of the more memorable scenes from the X-movies. Hunger may be an example of Fassbender’s dramatic range.

I was just on board with Fassbender because he might look the part. Now that I learn more about him, I think he might just be the right person to work opposite James McAvoy (Wanted).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:22 am

http://cocoacritic.blogspot.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-as-magneto.html

Thursday, June 17, 2010
Michael Fassbender as Magneto?

So says Nikki Finke! I think this is terrific news. At first, when I heard McAvoy was cast, I was on the fence. Although I love him as an actor, I felt he was far too young for the role. I feared the rest of the mutants would be High-School musical kids, or worse than that Miley Ray Cyrus. However, casting Fassbender as Magneto along with Amber Heard as Mystique has changed my mind. I don’t know if any of you are familiar with a little show named Hex that aired on BBC. If you’re not, you should be. It’s a great supernatural series. In it, Fassbender played the evil and sexy Azazeal, leader of fallen angels.

Back then, I knew he would move onto film and eventually become a big star. He’s not quite there yet, but he’s definitely on the cusp. Even the bomb Jonah Hex, which I didn’t like him in at all, won’t ruin his career. Next of course was Fassbender’s awesome work in Inglorious Basterds. Proving yet again what a good actor he is, Fassbender all but vanished into the Archie Hicox character. His next project is Centurion, which opens August 27th. I’ll definitely be there for that one since I love swords and sandal movies. Check out the trailer below. Side note, Doctor Who fans will recognize Noel Clarke.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:57 am

http://themovietitan.blogspot.com/2010/06/meet-new-prof-x-and-magneto-for-x-men.html

Friday, June 18, 2010
Meet the new Prof. X and Magneto for X-Men: First Class

A few weeks ago, James McAvoy (Wanted), right picture, signed on to play a young Professor Charles Xavier for the new movie X-Men: First Class. Now the Michael Fassbender (300, Inglourious Basterds) has signed on and will play a young Erick Lehnsherr/Magneto. Fassbender had the choice to play either Magneto or The Lizard in the new Spider-Man reboot. I am very happy he chose the role of Magneto because there are more options to come out of it in the future. X-Men: First Class will focus on Xavier and Lehnsherr as young mutants who dream of a better tomorrow for mutants and humans but ultimately split ways. An official plot hasn't been released but you should probably expect the original X-Men class to show up at some point in the film.
Posted by The Movie Titan at 10:50 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:39 am

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/movie-news/Michael+Fassbender+Cast+In+XMen+First+Class-81522.html

Michael Fassbender Cast In X-Men: First Class

Monday (21st) 09:33

X-Men:First Class' cast list seems to be filling up rather nicely as it seems that Michael Fassbender has joined the cast as a young Magneto.

Fassbender has been linked with the role for several weeks but had also been looked at a part in the re-booted Spider Man franchise and it was believed that he couldn't take on both projects.

But he will now join James McAvoy, who is playing a young Charles Xavier, while Amber heard was also reported to be in talks to take on the role of Mistique.

Benjamin Walker has also joined the movie as Dr hank McCoy, or Beast to you and me, while Rosamund Pike and Aaron Johnson have also been linked to the roles of Dr Moira MacTaggart and Cyclops.

The movie will be directed by Kick Ass filmmaker Matthew Vaughn and the script has been penned by Jane Goldman and Jamie Moss.

X-Men:First Class is scheduled for a 2011 release and filming is expected to get underway at some point over the next few months.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:14 am

http://www.hollywoodtrailers.net/2010/06/confirmed-michael-fassbender-is-magneto-in-x-men-first-class/

Confirmed: Michael Fassbender is Magneto in X-Men First Class

June 22nd, 2010 at 8:07 amShare/Bookmark

Just yesterday it was reported that Benjamin Walker had signed on to play Henry McCoy aka Beast in X-Men First Class. Today, another major casting announcement has been made. According to EW, the rumors regarding Michael Fassbender’s involvement with the film were true! The actor WILL play the role of Eric Lensherr (Magneto) opposite James McAvoy’s Professor Charles Xavier.

Twentieth Century Fox is currently negotiating the actor’s contract but when the dust settles Fassbender will portray Xavier’s famous friend/foe. The actor was previously speculated to star in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot as the film’s villain but it looks like those talks fell through. Between the two projects, I was rooting for him to take on Magneto, Magnus, Eric or whatever you want to call him. The character was previously played on the big screen by Ian McKellen (from 2000-2006)

So far the cast is starting to shape up with McAvoy, Walker, and now Fassbender. They need to get Cyclops, Jean Grey (Marvel Girl), Angel, and Iceman to complete the First Class roster. I wonder if they’ll even include the latter two characters since they touched and mutilated their histories in the original X-Men Trilogy?

X-Men First Class will be directed by Matthew Vaughn and is scheduled to hit theaters on June 3, 2011.

What do you think of Fassbender playing Magneto?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:26 am

http://www.movies-on-demand.tv/news/movie-news-bradley-cooper-plays-ball-fassbender-is-magneto/

Meanwhile, James McAvoy finally discovers his nemesis in the form of German-Irish actor Michael Fassbender. Twentieth Century Fox inform that they are currently in negotiations with the actor to take on the role of Erik Lensherr, the man who later becomes Magneto in the X-Men origin story “X-Men: First Class”.

To be directed by Matthew Vaughn, the film would tackle the early years in the life of two mutants, Charles Xavier and Lensherr’s unlikely relationship. At first, the two are closest of friends working hand-in-hand to stop a huge global threat. However as time progressed, they later become enemies giving birth to the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

Production is scheduled to jumpstart in London this summer. “X-Men: First Class” would be arriving in theaters on June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:46 am

http://www.gaymerzngeek.com/2010/06/x-men-first-class-casting-updates.html

Monday, June 21, 2010
X-Men First Class Casting Updates

Here are some casting updates for X-Men First Class. First up is Michael Fassbender. He will be taking on the role of Magneto. Fassbender is appearing in the current film Jonah Hex.

Also on the list is Benjamin Walker. He is set play the part of Hank McCoy. Walker is currently appearing on stage in Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson.

Rosamund Pike was originally rumored to play the part of Emma Frost. But there is a buzz going around that she is also being considered for the part of Moira McTaggert.

Finally, Amber Heard is said to be playing the part of Mystique. Heard was previously seen in the film Zombieland.

From what I have read so far, Fassbender is the only confirmed casting of these four. So hopefully more information will come out soon. The film is set to open June 3 of next year. So casting should be finalizing soon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:58 am

http://www.cinemasoldier.com/articles/2010/6/21/good-casting-michael-fassbender-may-play-young-magneto-in-x.html

Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?) - Page 2 X-men-10

Good casting! Michael Fassbender may play young Magneto in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS »
AuthorJeffrey Van Camp DateMonday, June 21, 2010 Post a Comment! and 0 Reactions

I am so happy Brian Singer is back in charge of the X-Men franchise. Without him, X-Men: The Last Stand was a disappointment, and don't even get me started on Wolverine, which is one of last year's worst movies. I don't know how people could like that movie. The new film is tackling the origins of the X-Men, something the ill-fated Magneto movie was going to do before its cancellation in favor of more Wolverine movies.

Michael Fassbender is in negotiations to play a young Magneto, according to the Coventry Telegraph. He'll star alongside James McAvoy, who plays the young Professor X. It's a great casting move. Fassbender is the only bright spot in this week's disastrous Jonah Hex movie. He also looked like the only person having fun with his role. You may remember Fassbender from his roles in 300, Inglourious Basterds, and Band of Brothers. He's a talented guy, and his star seems to be on the rise. Though he's no Ian McKellen, he has the hurt to make a good Erik Lehsnherr. Here's a clip of him from the movie Hunger.

X-Men: First Class is being produced by Bryan Singer and helmed by Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn. It hits theaters sometime in 2011.
Share ArticleShare Article | Email ArticleEmail Article
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:24 am

http://www.brandneusense.com/news/?p=2663

Fassbender set to play younger Magneto in upcoming X-Men movie
Posted on June 21, 2010

Michael Fassbender of the Inglorious Basterds fame is, according to some sources, signing a contract to play the part of Charles Xavier’s archnemesis, Magneto in the next X-Men flick entitled X-Men: First Class.

The German-Irish actor landed the coveted role amidst many other talented hopefuls. His remarkable performance in Inglorious Basterds and Band of Brothers might have convinced the casting crew that he deserves to play the part. His role in 300 and the fact that he is a part of of BAFTA award winning film Hunger beefed up his campaign to land the role.

The 33 year old actor will play the younger version of Sir Ian Mckellen’s character in the X-Men movie that will track the beginnings of the superhero saga. The movie will focus on the early years of Erik Lensherr or Magneto, to be played by Michael Fassbender, and Charles Xavier, which will have British actor James McAvoy play the part.

X-Men: First Class will also star some young and promising talents in Aaron Johnson from Kick Ass and Jack Houston, the nephew of Anjelica Houston.

Filming of the X-Men movie will start in August next year and is set for a summer release in June 2011.

If you’re into comics and graphic designs, head on over to Brandneusense., you’ll be in for a treat.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:30 am

http://www.therumormonger.com/2010/06/21/bryan-singer-auctions-off-x-men-first-class-set-visit-reveals-vague-plot-synopsis/

Bryan Singer Auctions Off X-Men: First Class Set Visit, Reveals Vague Plot Synopsis
Posted by: Zack the Rumormonger on Monday, June 21st, 2010

http://www.slashfilm.com/podcast.jpg

X-Men First Class

Got a few thousand bucks to spare? Then you might be able to get in on the bidding for the charity auction in which producer Bryan Singer is auctioning off a chance to visit the UK set of X-Men: First Class.

If you don’t have any money to spare, you might still want to check out the auction, as it summarizes the plot of the Matthew Vaughn-directed film, offering a scant few details we haven’t been explicitly told before.

The auction will benefit Project Angel Food, which provides meals for “men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-threatening illnesses.” It is posted on CharityBuzz (via MTV).

The text of the auction says that cast hasn’t been announced yet (despite quite a few names dropping in the past few weeks: James McAvoy is Professor X; Michael Fassbender is Magneto; Benjamin Walker is cast as Beast, Amber Heard and Rosamund Pike are rumored, as is Aaron Johnson.) but does offer this summarization of the plot:

Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-MEN.

That’s more or less what we’ve known, and certainly anyone who knows the history of Marvel’s long-running characters could have figured that out. But if you don’t know all that history, or just hadn’t thought much about First Class, there you go.

The auction opened last week, and will end this coming Thursday. Current bid is $2250.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:32 am

http://www.aloo-gobi.com/?p=31450

Michael Fassbender Joins X-Men: First Class Official
Posted on 21 June 2010

Are you guys ready for some interesting X Men: First Class casting news? Ok then, check this out: Benjamin Walker, star of the Public Theater’s “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson,” is going to play Beast, the character played in X Men 3 by Kelsey Grammer.

He’ll be joining the cast that already includes James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender.

We had a chance to hear that the Inglourious Basterds star was in talks to play Magneto, but now, it’s official!

And although the exact plot of X-Men: First Class is still not known, there are already rumors saying it will “concern the younger versions of the X-Men and most likely focus on recruitment of younger mutants and the first team to be assembled.

It will also have to show the development of the team and eventual rift between Xavier and Magneto which leads to them becoming arch enemies and sets up the events of later X-Men films.”

On the other hand, we all know that this movie will be directed by Matthew Vaughn, and that it’s based on the script which was written by Josh Schwartz and Jamie Moss. It’s scheduled to hit theaters on June 3, 2011.

James McAvoy has already signed as a younger professor Charles Xavier, character that was previously played by Patrick Stewart in first three movies from this franchise.

Other rumored but unconfirmed names are Amber Heard as Mystique, Rosamund Pike as Moira MacTaggart and Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson for an unknown part.

With every new information about X Men: First Class we’ll be back. Stay tuned for more updates!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:13 am

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2010/06/18/michael_fassbender_lands_xmen_role

Michael Fassbender Lands 'X-Men' Role
June 18th, 2010 9:06pm EDT

Michael Fassbender Michael Fassbender has reportedly seen off strong competition to land a coveted role in the new X-MEN movie - playing a younger version of Ian McKellen's character.

The Inglourious Basterds actor, 33, is said to have been offered the part of villainous Magento in X-Men: First Class ahead of a host of younger stars including Kick-Ass' Aaron Johnson and Anjelica Huston's nephew Jack Huston, according to Deadline.com.

Fassbender will appear alongside James McAvoy, who will step into Sir Patrick Stewart's role of Charles Xavier in the upcoming prequel.

The movie, which will be directed by Matthew Vaughn, will chart the beginnings of the superhero saga, focusing on the early years of Xavier and Erik Lensherr, who later becomes known as magnetic mutant Magneto.

Filming is due to begin in August ahead of a June release next year.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:15 am

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Film-Review/michael-fassbender-in-talks-for-magneto-role

Michael Fassbender in talks for Magneto role
Michael Fassbender in Hunger

Story by Jack Foley

MICHAEL Fassbender has reportedly entered early negotiations to play Magneto in Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men reboot First Class.

Twentieth Century Fox is bidding to start shooting the movie in London in August and, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Fassbender’s name came to the fore last week. He has also been linked to the proposed Spider-Man reboot.

Aaron Johnson, who worked with Vaughn on Kick-Ass, is also reportedly in the running for the role, as is Andrew Garfield… but whoever wins the race will join James McAvoy as Professor Xavier in the movie.

The prequel will take the form of an origins story that focuses on the X-Men in a younger incarnation, as they begin their rivarly.

Fassbender has been extremely busy of late, following acclaimed turns in Hunger (pictured) and as a notable part of Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds ensemble.

He was most recently seen in Neil Marshall’s Roman action movie Centurion and has a part in supernatural western Jonah Hex.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:23 am

http://www.killerfilm.com/articles/read/x-men-first-class-casting-updates-36158

X-Men: First Class casting updates
Submitted by Matt Keith on June 18, 2010 – 8:00 amNo Comment

With Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class set to begin filming in the fall, we’ve heard many rumors about casting. However, according to Showbiz411, the rumor that Benjamin Walker to portray Hank McCoy has been confirmed.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the comics, Hank McCoy is accepted into the X-mansion and is given the codename “Beast” for his animalistic abilities. The character was previously played by Kelsey Grammer in X-men: The Last Stand and made a brief cameo in X2: X-men United. Like Grammer, Walker is a Julliard graduate and is part of the New York Theater.

And according to Deadline Hollywood, Michael Fassbender has been confirmed to be in negotiations with Twentieth Century Fox to portray Magneto. Fassbender was also rumored to be in talks to be the villain for Columbia Picture’s Spider-Man reboot. While he certainly won’t be able to play villains for both films, Fox is confident that a deal will be made with the German-Irish actor. The film will center on how Erik Lensherr and Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) started the institute and what drove them to become enemies.

Jane Goldman is polishing up the script written by Jaimie Moss. Bryan Singer will be producing along with Lauren Schuler Donner, Gregory Goodman and Simon Kinberg. Principal photography is scheduled to begin in London this September.

X-Men: First Class will open on June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 am

http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=17790

Michael Fassbender Offered Role Of Magneto For X-Men First Class
Reported by Jay Cochran - 10:36 PM 2010.06.17

Deadline is reporting that actor Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) has been offered the role of Magneto in the upcoming "X-Men: First Class" movie from 20th Century Fox.

According to the report, Fassbender was offered the role today after reading last week, along with Aaron Johnson, Andrew Garfield, Jack Huston and Eddie Redmayne.

Fassbender is also being courted by another studio to play a villian in the upcoming Spider-Man movie as well, so it remains unclear which part the young actor will choose if either, but one thing is for sure, he can't do both movies.

Already confirmed for the role of Charles Xavier is actor James McAvoy (Wanted).

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS begins production this summer for a June 3, 2011 release. Bryan Singer, who conceived the story for FIRST CLASS and directed the original “X-Men” and its sequel “X2,” is producing along with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:56 pm

http://www.scifisquad.com/2010/06/22/x-men-first-class-gets-a-first-class-magneto/

'X-Men: First Class' Gets a First Class Magneto

06.22.10 By: Jacob Hall

It bugs me that 20th Century Fox is pushing out another X-Men movie. It bugs me doubly so that it's a prequel. It bugs me that Matthew Vaughn, whose Kick Ass is something of an action movie miracle, is directing this since Fox steamrolled the incredibly talented Gavin Hood on X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It bugs me that James McAvoy will be portraying a young Charles Xavier, AKA, Professor X, the leader and teacher of the X-Men.

Do you know what does not bug me? Michael Fassbender playing Magneto.

According to Deadline, the offer has officially gone out to the Irish actor, who has also been offered the role of the top secret villain in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot. Since he can't do both, expect him to take the Magneto role due to its franchise potential...surely the Spider-Man villain will be good and dead at the end of that film.

Fassbender is an absurdly talented actor who you probably saw as Lt. Hicox in Inglourious Basterds and who you probably didn't see as Bobby Sands in the acclaimed Hunger. His range and intensity remind me of Christian Bale...except that Fassbender is willing and capable to be funny and silly if the need arises (his overly goofy henchmen in Jonah Hex is the highlight of that atrocious film). Hell, should Daniel Craig drop out of the role anytime soon, Fassbender is my first choice for the next James Bond.

Ian McKellen brought significant gravitas and class to the character of Magneto, making him the highlight of the original three X-Men films. If anyone is capable of stepping into that role, I'd say Fassbender is that man...although seeing him opposite a boyish, McAvoy-ed Professor X is going to be weird, to say the very least.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:55 pm

http://flixchatter.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/x-men-first-class-the-prequel-im-actually-excited-about/

X-Men: First Class – The prequel I’m actually excited about!

June 22, 2010 by rtm

In a world where there seems to be no cure for Hollywood’s sequelitis and remakitis, there is one prequel I’m hugely excited about! It’s definitely the one to beat in the box office come next Summer 2011. I know perhaps it’s too soon to predict such a thing, but judging from the never-ending popularity of comic-book adaptation and the kind of buzz this one’s been getting, it’s not that far off.

I love the first and second installment of the movie (until Brett Ratner screwed it up), so I’m naturally drawn to this project and the idea of making a young version of the franchise is definitely appealing. But what gets me leaping out of my seat yesterday was learning about Michael Fassbender joining the cast as Magneto, the former BFF-turned-powerful-foe of Professor X and the X-Men. Earlier this month, it was widely reported that he was to choose between the powerful mutant and a yet-to-be-named villain role in the Spider-man reboot. Glad to see he has chosen wisely.

The casting of James McAvoy as Professor X instantly adds some considerable cred to this project. The 31-year-old Scot has proven his acting chops time and time again in The Last King of Scotland, Atonement, and The Last Station. But he’s also got his feet wet in full-throttle actioner like Wanted alongside Angelina Jolie, so this isn’t his first foray in comic-book adaptations. Patrick Stewart is a tough act to follow as the wise and cultured founder of the Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters (Xavier Institute) and leader of the pack, but I have faith that McAvoy will do well in that role. SuperheroHype site offered a clue into the plot of this prequel on the auction info page that offers an exclusive tour of the set:

Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-MEN.

I can’t think of a more talented and winsome actors facing off each other, exploring their initial friendship and the unfortunate incidents that lead to them choosing opposite paths. So far, the other cast members that have been announced include Rosamund Pike (Pride & Prejudice), Amber Heard (Pineapple Express), Benjamin Walker (who’s currently starring in the play Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson in his debut film role), and Kick Ass‘ Aaron Johnson rumored to play Cyclops.

I just re-watched the trailer of the first X-Men movie with my hubby and he recalled how excited we were to see it. Remember, this was back in 2000, before a throng of superhero movies popping up faster than you actually have time to watch them. The only comic-book movies were the circus-y and farcical Batman movies, topped by the abominable that was Batman & Robin [shakes head]. So to see a comic adaptation with real actors with gravitas such as Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen and treat it like a serious action drama was a welcome change.

Bryan Singer isn’t returning to direct but will act as producer to X-Men: First Class. The directorial duty will fall on London-born producer/director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Stardust), fresh out of his pretty decent success with Kick-Ass. According to IMDb, he was set to direct X-Men: The Last Stand but dropped out due to family conflicts. Pity, that might’ve turned out to be a much better movie.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next