Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?)

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?) - Page 4 Empty Re: Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?)

Post by Admin Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:18 am

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00033502.html

It's Official: Michael Fassbender Is Magneto in 'X-Men: First Class'

June 26, 2010 03:00:34 GMT

The 33-year-old German-Irish actor entered talks with Fox two weeks ago, and the deal between him and the studio is now done.

The rumor has been made official. Michael Fassbender is on board to star as Erik Lensherr aka Magneto in "X-Men: First Class". The actor, who had been reported being offered the lead role in the film, entered talks with 20th Century Fox two weeks ago and now the deal is done, The Hollywood Reporter states.

Fassbender will star opposite James McAvoy who has previously signed to play Charles Xavier aka Professor X. The studio is currently looking for actors to play other mutant characters as they are prepping to start shooting this August in London, England. Earlier this week casting director Mindy Marin left the project but she has been replaced by Joseph Middleton.

Matthew Vaughn is set to direct the film, which will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga and follow Xavier and Lensherr when they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. Fox eyes June 3, 2011 U.S. release date for this action sci-fi.

Michael Fassbender stars in "Jonah Hex" which has been released on June 18 in the U.S. He also has roles in films such as "Inglourious Basterds" and "300", and will next appear in Neil Marshall's Roman action movie "Centurion", which is slated for U.S. limited release on August 27.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?) - Page 4 Empty Re: Michael is Magneto (re: Magneto?)

Post by Admin Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:38 am

http://mutantaday.com/2010/06/25/getting-magnetized-by-fassbender/

Getting Magnetized by Fassbender!

According to Showbiz411 the sexy Michael Fassbender has officially acccepted the role as Magneto in the upcoming movie X-Men: First Class. Fassbender is no stranger to comic books having previously appeared in 300 and Jonah Hex. I think Fassbender is an excellent choice and I can’t wait to see who is cast next!

-Aaron M
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:10 am

http://nerdvillerhapsody.blogspot.com/2010/06/in-which-peter-jackson-makes-me-happy.html

-One of my favorite actors, Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds, 300) has signed on to play young Magneto in X-Men: First Class. This is very good news. Along with James MacAvoy as young Professor Xavier, Rosamund Pike as Emma Frost, director Matthew Vaughn (Kick Ass, Stardust), and the possibilities of Aaron Johnson as young Cyclops and Amber Heard as young Mystique, I am geeking out of control. Today has been a win for the film industry!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:06 am

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-6-motion-captured/posts/some-thoughts-on-michael-fassbender-as-magneto-and-x-men-first-class?m=k

'X-Men: First Class' hires Michael Fassbender as Magneto
Posted on Saturday, Jun 26, 2010 By Drew McWeeny

Some thoughts on Michael Fassbender as Magneto and 'X-Men First Class'

Michael Fassbender, seen here in 'Inglorious Basterds,' is set now to play the young Magneto in Matthew Vaughn's 'X-Men: First Class'

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on May 10, when I ran the story that Jane Goldman was writing "X-Men: First Class" for Fox and director Matthew Vaughn, I finished the article with a very pointed comment:

"Now if only they'd hire Michael Fassbender as young Magneto..."

You can thank me now.

Actually, you can thank Vaughn and the studio. I was just spitballing back then, since I'd just seen "Centurion," and I was newly convinced of Fassbender's movie star potential. Vaughn's got a good ear for casting, and my guess is, Fassbender's a big deal right now, a guy on the rise. It was inevitable he'd meet on this film for some role.

Now, word is Fassbender has officially accepted the offer to star opposite James McAvoy, the Magneto to McAvoy's Xavier, and so we're able now to make a guess as to what we might expect from the film, due next summer.

And suddenly, I'm excited for it.

I haven't heard one word from Matthew Vaughn about his approach to the movie or why he signed on to do it, so I'm just guessing here, looking at it from the outside. When this project started its development life under the guidance of Josh Schwartz, word is the project was much more of a "X-Men in high school" type movie, aimed squarely at a teenage audience. Up till now, I haven't been very enthusiastic about the project, no matter how much I like Vaughn's films or the X-Men universe. It just seemed like a marketing-driven, budget-driven step back, a chance to dump the expensive adult cast.

But now, what we're hearing about the film is totally different. And that may well play into the decision Fassbender made, since he was evidently being offered the villain role in Sony's new "Spider-Man" reboot as well, and that's a very teen-oriented take on the material. I thought the films were going to take similar approaches to their material. Instead, "X-Men: First Class" is starting to look like that rare "prequel" that actually has a reason for existing.

I hate the idea of prequels in general. It is uncommon that backing up to tell a story before the story you've already told can pay any dramatic dividends. In this case, though, the relationship between Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr sort of defines the entire "X-Men" series on film so far. The schism between them, the MLK/Malcolm X vibe that's been so important, creates endless dramatic potential, and yet they've never even hinted in the films at what it was that drove them apart in the first place.

That's a story. That's a story I actually want to see. And now that we know it's James McAvoy (who seems to grow on me more as I see him in more films) and Fassbender (who I think has the potential to be one of the biggest names working if he continues to do work like he's been doing so far), I'm genuinely excited. I think there's a chance for this to really redeem this series.

Of course, all of that depends on the script, which Jane Goldman and Matthew Vaughn are hard at work on at the moment, and I sincerely hope they nail down just how great a story this could be.

Can't wait to see how this one comes together.

"X-Men: First Class" is set to arrive in theaters June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:16 am

http://www.epagini.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-will-be-magneto-in-x-men-the-first-class/

Michael Fassbender will be Magneto in X-Men: The First Class

Posted by admin on Jun 26, 2010 in Movies

A few weeks ago, Michael Fassbender was thinking about joining the cast of the X-Men: First Class movie as Magneto or playing a negative role in another Marvel franchise, Spider Man.

Today we learn that Fassbender has signed on to play Magneto, this means he will work under the guidance of Matthew Vaughn.

Michael Fassbender, known especially from Hunger ( movie directed by Stee McQueen ) but also from Inglorious Basterds and 300, will team up with James McAvoy who will play the role of Professor X. In the movie will also appear Benjamin Walker as Beast, Rosamund Pike as Emma Frost and Amber Heard as Mystique.

X-Men: First class will be released in movie theaters at the beginning of June of next year and will tell the story of the beginnings of the X Men Adventures, before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr became PRofessor X and Magneto. It is presented the period in which they start to discover their powers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:22 pm

http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2010/6/26/michael-fassbender-is-magneto-in-x-men-first-class.html

Michael Fassbender is Magneto in 'X-Men: First Class'
DateSaturday, June 26, 2010 at 2:09PM

This is effective prospectin' by Marvel, Fox, Matthew Vaughn, and whatever other entities might be involved in casting X-Men: First Class. Already striking gold with James McAvoy as the young Charles Xavier, First Class has added Michael Fassbender to play Magento, known in his younger days as Erik Lehnsherr.

Fassbender is flat-out great. Watch Hunger or watch Inglourious Basterds to see how capable he is. Like a lot of guys, the 33-year-old Fassbender has been doing a lot of work below the radar for a number of years, but I think his Errol Flynn take in Basterds is the role we'll point to as his breakthrough, even though Hunger is a bigger, juicier role. Fewer people saw that one, that's all.

Showbiz 411, which first connected Fassbender to either playing Magneto or the villain in the new Spider-Man reboot, reveals that he's chosen X-Men, and we said when that news broke that this would be a better way to go. More franchise possibilities, probably a better character, and a chance to work with Matthew Vaughn, a director who just keeps getting better.

They'll get right to work on First Class, too. The movie's scheduled to be released June 3, 2011, and that's the only red flag. They're far from ready to put this in front of cameras, meaning Vaughn may have nine months, tops, to shoot and edit this film. A rush job, I think you'll agree, is not what the X-Men franchise needs after The Last Stand and Wolverine.

There is still casting to be done, but at this rate, they should have all the key players announced in the next few weeks. I hope they know what they're doing by moving so quickly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:07 pm

http://knowstopnews.blogspot.com/2010/06/more-actors-signing-up-for-x-men-first.html?zx=2c7a980611bdebd8

Saturday, June 26, 2010
More Actors SIgning Up for X-Men First Class

Michael Fassbender has accepted the offer to play the pivotal role of Magneto opposite James McAvoy’s Professor X in Matthew Vaughn and Bryan Singer’s X-Men: First Class.

With Matthew Vaughn directing and Bryan Singer overseeing the project, X-Men: First Class is well on its way towards bringing moviegoers back to the origins of the superheroes known as the X-Men, kickstarting the franchise in a new direction with some new characters and an entirely different cast. We already know that the man responsible for creating the X-Men, Professor Charles Xavier, will be played by James McAvoy, but now we know who will play his counterpart.

Showbiz411, the folks who exclusively broke the initial report that Fassbender was in the running for both the part of Professor X in X-Men: First Class, but also for the primary villain role in Sony’s 3D Spider-Man reboot, now have confirmation that the German actor has sided with the X-Men.

Fassbender has demonstrated an incredible show of force in recent years which began with his memorable role in 300, leading to key roles in Inglourious Basterds and Centurion among many others. He has 7 projects currently in the works and many more to come. Adding him to the cast, alongside McAvoy, emphasizes the direction that Fox wants to take the X-Men franchise in, a higher quality one.

Of the four X-Men films that have debuted since 2000, two of them (the most recent) have left a bad taste in many a mouth and we hope the negative feedback is helping force a change in the quality of product. By bringing Bryan Singer back in the loop, the director who made the only two good X-Men films, hopefully we’ll get a return to form.

Here’s where we stand with the X-Men: First Class cast so far:

Michael Fassbender as Magneto
James McAvoy as Professor X
Ben Walker as Beast
Amber Heard for Mystique
Rosamund Pike as Moira MacTaggert

Fassbender is a perfect choice to stand in the shoes of Ian McKellen for the role of young Magneto and an actor everyone can get behind. With X-Men: First Class seemingly including large elements of the story that would have been presented in the not-happening-anymore X-Men Origins: Magneto, Fassbender is the right fit to play the friend and eventual nemesis of Xavier.

We know director Matthew Vaughn and producer Bryan Singer are hard at work testing for the key roles of Cyclops and Jean Grey, so we can expect more announcements very soon with the film set to begin its UK shoot in the coming weeks.

Posted by NightFall914 at 4:22 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:16 pm

http://movies.tbreak.com/10507/blog/michael-fassbender-chooses-magneto-in-x-men-first-class-over-spider-man-villain.html

Michael Fassbender Chooses Magneto In ‘X-Men: First Class’ Over ‘Spider-Man’ Villain
Posted on: June 27, 2010
Comments (0)

Whoa. Sudden demand for a usually indie actor in terms of major tentpole films. Michael Fassbender was recently offered two major roles – playing young Magneto in the upcoming ‘X-Men: First Class’ or playing the villain in the upcoming ‘Spider-Man’ reboot. And he made a hard choice.

Fassbender has decided to know Erik Lensherr, a character who later becomes Magneto in Matthew Vaughn’s ‘X-Men: First Class’. The actor, known for his roles in ‘Inglourious Basterds’ and star turn in the little seen ‘Hunger’, was also offered a villain role in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot (which reports say is set to be ‘Lizard’). Understandably, doing both movies at the same time wouldn’t make sense. Though a Spider-Man movie would definitely get him much more exposure, I guess he selected Magneto for the sequel potential rather than be killed off in the first film.

So who will play ‘The Lizard’ now? I really hope they get Dylan Baker back for the role but it’s unlikely to happen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:39 am

http://btpcast.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-to-play-magento-in-x-men-first-class/

Michael Fassbender to Play Magneto in ‘X-Men: First Class’

By William on June 26, 2010

According to Slashfilm, Jonah Hex, Inglourious Basterds, and 300 actor Michael Fassbender has been cast in Fox’s ‘X-Men: First Class’ as none other than Magneto aka Erik Lensherr. Slashfilm also reports that Fassbender was being considered to play the villain in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot movie, but chose First Class over Spider-Man.

Fassbender joins James McAvoy and Benjamin Walker (who will be playing Beast) as official members of the cast. Rumors are circulating that Pineapple Express‘ Amber Heard will be playing a young Mystique along with Rosamund Pike playing Moira McTaggert. Needless to say, the cast will be quite large and will hopefully be filled with talent.

I think Fassbender is a pretty solid actor, but I had never considered him for Magneto until now. Stay tuned as more casting announcements come down the pipe.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:11 am

http://lavraki.com/michael-fassbender-is-young-magneto/

Michael Fassbender is Young Magneto

Michael Fassbender has cast the die and accepted the role of Erik Lensherr (a.k.a. Magneto) in Matthew Vaughn‘s X-Men: First Class. Showbiz 411 have confirmed that Fassbender picked the role over that of the lead-villain in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot.

Previously:

Michael Fassbender is, without a doubt, one of the best and most exciting actors working today. He blew us away in Steve McQueen’s Hunger and Andrea Arnold’s Fish Tank, and became the all-time most badass on-screen movie critic in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds.

He’s now being courted by two major studios for starring roles in their respective Marvel comic adaptations. According to Showbiz 411, Fox want him to join Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class as a young Magneto (alongside James McAvoy’s young Professor X). Meanwhile, Sony want him to play the as-yet unnamed villain in their Marc Webb-directed Spider-Man reboot.

Both begin production very soon, so it’s unlikely that Fassbender could take both (very appealing) roles. Highlander style, there can only be one.

Discuss: Happy to see Fassbender as young Magneto?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Before last weekend, there were videos from the Saturn awards (science fiction awards) of one of the producers from the film, still saying that Michael's deal hadn't been done yet.

They are now reporting it's done.

http://io9.com/5574136/x+men-prequel-finds-its-villain-and-the-last-airbender-shows-off-its-awesome-fight-choreography

X-Men First Class:

Michael Fassbender has now ended his apparent deliberations over which Marvel villain to play, as he's definitely playing the young Magneto. He joins James McAvoy as Professor Xavier and Benjamin Walker as Hank McCoy. [Showbiz 411]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:08 pm

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-confirmed-for-x-men.html

Michael Fassbender Confirmed for "X-Men: First Class"
- Posted by David Harper on Monday, June 28, 2010

We mentioned it in the past as a very strong rumor, but today it was confirmed that Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) will in fact be playing Magneto in Matthew Vaughn's upcoming X-Men: First Class for Fox. Speculation was running rampant as Fassbender was deciding between this role and an unnamed villain role in Spider-Man 4, but I'm very glad that he took the former role. We all know that Fassbender can handle German accents well (assuming there aren't any Nazi officers looming about), and I think he can really handle the gravitas necessary for the role.

Now that we know it will be Fassbender and the exceptional James McAvoy squaring off as Magneto and Professor X, I think it's safe to say that this film will be at least well acted. I'm hoping it's something more, and we'll find out for certain June 3rd of 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:18 pm

http://www.iconvsicon.com/2010/06/28/michael-fassbender-joins-the-cast-of-x-men-first-class-as-magneto/

Michael Fassbender Joins The Cast of ‘X-Men: First Class’ As Magneto
Posted on 28 June 2010

Michael Fassbender has officially been chosen to star as Magento in Matthew Vaughn’s upcoming X-Men: First Class film.

Fassbender will star opposite James McAvoy, who has previously signed to play Charles Xavier aka Professor X, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Fassbender’s recent on screen exploits include roles in Jonah Hex, Inglourious Basterds and 300. The young actor will next appear in Neil Marshall‘s highly anticipated film, Centurion, which hits screens in limited release on August 27th, 2010.

The film will chart the epic beginning of the “X-Men” saga and follow Xavier and Magneto, who turn from being close friends and allies, into bitter enemies. X-Men: First Class is currently set to explode onto screens on June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:04 pm

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/06/28/michael-fassbender-official-for-x-men-first-classs-magneto/

Michael Fassbender Official for X-MEN: FIRST CLASS’s Magneto

June 28th, 2010
Author Albert Ching

Last week, reports put the likelihood of Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds, Jonah Hex) playing Magneto in next year’s Matthew Vaughn-directed X-Men: First Class as anywhere from “kinda sorta yes” to “pretty much totally.” Looks like we can now upgrade that to a “for suresies.”

As first reported by Showbiz 411, and later picked up by Latino Review and other notable sources, it looks like Fassbender is officially official to play a younger version of Professor X’s best friend and future arch-nemesis, a role originated on screen by Ian McKellen in the first three X-Men movies. As the story goes, Fassbender had a choice between playing Magneto here or a villain in the new, rebooted Spider-Man franchise, and ultimately chose Marvel’s mutants over Spidey; a pretty sweet position to be in, all things told.

A full look at who’s been cast so far, who’s been rumored and who might join up next — the movie is less than a year away, after all – is right here. Jazzed for Fassbender’s take on the legendary villain? Let us know in the comments.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:06 pm

http://flixchatter.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/random-assortment-movie-musings-and-news/

Is it just me or lately we see more and more talented actors who gets noticed in a certain role sort of ‘graduate’ to being cast in superhero/comic book movies? What I mean is, it’s almost a given that previously ‘unknown’ actors whose certain performance garnered rave reviews(even major awards), immediately got offers in a comic book genre. Is it supposed to be a ‘sign’ that they’ve made it? The people that came to mind are Christoph Waltz (Green Hornett), Michael Fassbender (Jonah Hex, X-Men: First Class), Mark Strong (Kick-Ass). Now A-Team isn’t a comic-book genre, but it’s sort of superhero-ish, and we see Sharlto Copley who made a splash in the critically-acclaimed District 9 as one of the four main leads.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:09 pm

http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/news-xmen-first-class-spiderman-casting-updates.php

You Are a God Among Insects. Never Let Anyone Tell You Different.

Updates on Casting for X-Men: First Class & Spider-Man / TK

Trade News | June 28, 2010

Two projects in the Marvel universe that have fans both curious as well as scratching their heads are the Matthew Vaughn-directed X-Men: First Class (due out next year) and Marc Webb’s Spider-Man project, both of which will be origin stories and explorations of the respective heroes’ early years. X-Men already has its Professor X in James McAvoy, but no casting has been announced for Spider-Man (which doesn’t even have an official title yet).

Rumors have, however, abounded, and now we’re creeping closer to some confirmations. First, Showbiz 411 is saying the the role of Magneto in X-Men: First Class has been offered to and accepted by Michael Fassbender, known to most as Lt. Archie Hicox in Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds, a film I wasn’t crazy about but that had some very impressive performances — Fassbender’s was one of them. He’s also actually German, which is a nice feather in the cap and will lend the character some authenticity. I’m happy with the decision, and you should be too. If you’re not, go screw.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:25 pm

http://motionpicturescomics.com/2010/06/28/news-around-the-net-21/

Will we ever get another decent X-Men film? I loved X-Men and X2, but X3 was a crushing disappointment and the less spoken of the abominable X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the better. I hate prequels, as a rule, so when word came out last year that the next X-film would be a prequel entitled X-Men: First Class, I thought that was a big mis-step. So what now gives me hope? Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Stardust, Kick Ass) and stars James McAvoy (Children of Dune, Atonement, Wanter) as Professor X and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) as Magneto. An ember of hope is fanned…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:34 pm

ttp://bloatedpenguin.mikescottlew.com/fassbender-magneto

Meet Michael Fassbender AKA Magneto

Morning kids!

I know I posted just a little while ago about X-Men: First Class, but at that point the casting of Magneto was just a rumour. Well, time to stamp one of those rumours as TRUE as Michael Fassbender has signed on to play Eric Lehnsherr AKA Magneto. So who is this guy and why is he so special all of a sudden? Here’s some background info on the man that will dawn the red helmet (or at the very least bend something with his mind).

Michael Fassbender is a German-Irish actor you might recognize from Inglourious Basterds. Although he wasn’t Brad Pitt, he was still one of the important characters in Tarantino‘s flick playing Lt. Archie Hicox. If you didn’t catch the Basterds I recommend it, but you might also recognize him as one of the soldiers in 300 or Band of Brothers. In short, he’s used to blending in.

There wasn’t a whole lot of controversy surrounding Fassbender’s casting in the X-Men flick (where he’ll play opposite James McAvoy) but he did have an interesting choice to make. Should he play the ultimate evil from the X-Men universe, or the ultimate evil from the Spiderman universe? That’s right, Fassbender was also up for the un-named villain in the new Spiderman reboot flick that will not star Toby McGuire.

Wait a minute, so if James McAvoy is going to play a young Chuck Xavier and Fassbender is going to play a young Lehnsherr, does that mean they will grow up looking like Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:40 pm

http://www.bestofluckproductions.com/?q=node/667

Meet Your New Magneto in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS
Mon, 06/28/2010 - 8:27am — Fearless

Michael FassbenderMichael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds, 300) has been cast as the young Magneto in X-Men: First Class according to Hollywood 411.

Fassbender caught the eye of both Sony and Fox after his stint as Allied spy Lt. Archie Hicox in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds.

Sony wanted him to play an unspecified villain in the Spider-Man reboot.

Fox wanted him for X-Men: First Class.

Two comic-book movies entered. Only one would leave.

This is some pretty excellent casting. Fassbender was fantastic in Basterds, and I can only imagine he will make an excellent young Eric Lensherr.

So with casting getting curiouser and curiouser, dare we hope for an equally riveting script?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:50 pm

http://scifipulse.net/?p=28381

It’s Official: Fassbender Will Play Magneto In ‘X-Men: First Class’
Written by Wayne Hall on June 28, 2010 – 11:03 am -

Michael Fassbender has officially been chosen to star as Magento in the upcoming X-Men: First Class film, according to peacefmonline.

Fassbender will star opposite James McAvoy, who has previously signed to play Charles Xavier aka Professor X, said The Hollywood Reporter.

Fassbender currently stars in Jonah Hex, which has been released in the U.S. He also appeared in Inglourious Basterds and 300, and will next appear in Neil Marshall‘s Roman action movie Centurion, scheduled for U.S. limited release on August 27.

Matthew Vaughn is set to direct the film, which will chart the epic beginning of the “X-Men” saga and follow Xavier and Magneto, who turn from being close friends and allies, into bitter enemies.

Rumors had been swirling for weeks that the actor, who had been reported being offered the lead role in the movie, was in talks with 20th Century Fox.

The studio is currently looking for actors to play other mutant characters so they can begin shooting this August in London, England.

X-Men: First Class will be released on June 3, 2011, in the U.S.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:18 pm

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/fassbender-and-eve-make-for-x-men-first-class

Fassbender and Eve Make for 'X-Men: First Class'

Magneto and Frost have alter-egos
By: Kevin Blumeyer
Published: Monday, June 28th 2010 at 6:20 PM
Michael Fassbender and Alice Eve

Things appear to be progressing nicely as casting continues to take shape for director Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class. On Friday (6/25) Heat Vision report Michael Fassbender had officially signed on to play young Magneto and today Deadline's Mike Fleming has the news that Alice Eve (She's Out of My League) is being courted to play the role of the telepathic Emma Frost, a character who (geek alert!) IGN named "Hottest Comic Book Babe" of 2005.

Set for a June 3, 2011 release, First Class will trace the rivalry between Magneto and Professor X (played by the previously announced James McAvoy) from their early friendship through the dissolution that made them the bitter enemies we have become more familiar with through Fox's previous X-Men franchise that started with Bryan Singer's X-Men in 2000.

Fassbender had been jostling between two Marvel franchises in recent weeks, as he was said to be deciding between the Magneto role and playing an unspecified villain in the Untitled Spider-Man Reboot. I, for one, believe he's made a smart choice as First Class seems to be the more intriguing of the two. I haven't yet seen the poorly attended and critically flamed Jonah Hex, but that appears to be nothing more than a minor skid mark on Fassbender's road to being a bona fide leading man. He impressed me not only in his brief but brilliant performance in Inglourious Basterds as well as with his gut-wrenching turn in Steve McQueen's beautiful 2008 film, Hunger.

As for Eve, you might remember she was one of the names on the short list, but eventually lost out to Hayley Atwell for the female lead in The First Avenger: Captain America, another Marvel comic adaptation. Eve, however, is more prominently known for her work on BBC's "The Rotters' Club," "Poirot" and "Hawking" and for quite simply being a stunning young woman.

Suffice to say, I'm excited to see how Fassbender compares to the Magneto Ian McKellen left us with, but even more importantly, how he'll make the character his own. I'm also excited to see what Vaughn can do in a more conventional superhero setting, without the foul-mouthed antics of Hit-Girl and company.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:27 pm

http://www.movieovermind.com/x-men-first-class/michael-fassbender-is-magneto-in-x-men-first-class/863

Michael Fassbender is Magneto in ‘X-Men: First Class’
Posted by Sam McPherson on June 28th, 2010

You probably know Michael Fassbender from Inglourious Basterds. That’s his most recent outing in films, where he plays Archie Hicox, the spy/movie critic who goes deep undercover in Nazi-occupied France. Fassbender really only appeared in three scenes of the film, but the role was large enough, considering that one of those scenes was nearly a half-hour long and relied on Fassbender to carry it. (Fassbender also had a role in 2007’s 300, as Stelios, the character famous for the quote “Then we shall fight in the shade.”)

Now, Fassbender is adding a large role to his resume: Magneto. The role, previously occupied by Sir Ian McKellen in the first three X-Men films, was recast for X-Men: First Class due to the fact that the film took a step way back in time, to where the characters were much younger. Similarly, James McAvoy (Wanted) will portray Professor Xavier, a role previously occupied by Patrick Stewart.

Fassbender’s casting in the role might also mean good things for the much-speculated X-Men Origins: Magneto film, which has been in development hell since 2006.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:30 pm

http://highoncelluloid.blogspot.com/2010/06/amazing-and-growing-cast-of-x-men-first.html

Monday, June 28, 2010
The Amazing and Growing cast of 'X-Men: First Class'
One of the films I'm most anticipating next year is X-Men: First Class, and I keep becoming more and more interested in the film. Lets put aside the fact that it's from the writer/director team that brought us Kick-Ass, and get to the phenomenal cast for the film. The two main characters of the film, Charles Xavier and Eric Lensherr (Magneto), were perfectly cast in the original films, so their younger versions demand an equally perfect pair. I couldn't have envision any better pair of actors to take on the roles than James McAvoy (Wanted) as Xavier and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) as Lensherr.

Neither of them are big name actors, which is probably a good thing considering the nature of the project, but they are both more than solid actors. Many of the other actors are less set in stone, but Fox is pretty dead set on getting appealing young actors to play the mutants. Among the names of small time actors are Rosamund Pike, Benjamin Walker, and Amber Heard. The biggest reason this post exists at all, is the most recent news that Alice Eve (She's Out of Your League) is in talks to play Emma Stone.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:24 am

http://www.themppc.com/magpress/alice-eve-emma-frost-contender-xmen-class/

June 28th, 2010 at 12:58 pm -

It seems that X-Men: First Class is going to be the casting rumor forerunner for some time. In the past months we have seen rumors come and go and a few confirmations along the way.

Just this past week it was confirmed that Michael Fassbender would definitely be Magneto to James McAvoy’s Professor X. I think Fassbender is a good actor and it will be nice for him to get another comic property under his belt just to wash off that Jonah Hex stink he picked up this summer. Also this past week we learned that Benjamin Walker would be joining the ranks as Beast. Although Walker has made a splash on the New York theater scene, he is relatively unknown to movie audiences. I just hope they stay true to the source material and keep him as the big-footed un-hairy version of the Beast.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:27 pm

http://thefilmnest.com/2010/06/alice-eve-and-michael-fassbender-join-x-men-first-class/

Alice Eve and Michael Fassbender Join X-Men: First Class
Posted on 29 June 2010 by The Rake

X-Men: First Class, to be helmed by Kick-Ass director Michael Vaughn has a quality growing cast it appears. Well-rounded thespian Michael Fassbender, star of Inglourious Basterds, has signed on to play a young Magneto. The sultry Alice Eve, star of She’s Out Of My League, is close to sealing the deal as Emma Frost; she of telepathy skills. If I were a fan of the film series or comic book, I would likely take this as good news. From RopeofSilicon:

Set for a June 3, 2011 release, First Class will trace the rivalry between Magneto and Professor X (played by James McAvoy) from their early friendship through the dissolution that made them the bitter enemies we have become more familiar with through Fox’s previous X-Men franchise that started with Bryan Singer’s X-Men in 2000.

I don’t think I have ever seen any of the X-Men films in their entirety. I have caught portions of the first on television and despite strong reviews for the second, I never gave the series a chance heeding personal instinct and words of advice from those that know me. Nevertheless, Fassbender has proven to be a top-notch talent, so the more exposure he gets, the better off. From his role in Eden Lake, to the aforementioned Tarantino vehicle, to Hunger, his skills are varied and expanding it seems.

Eve, I have yet to see work, but she has a few roles of note that seem to lead her to be a good enough choice for Frost. If she can handle Ray Liotta love scenes in Crossing Over, then she can likely handle this. Let me know if you dig this news or not, and if you are more likely, less likely, the same to see this film as a result. I’m tallying votes!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next