Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Villain in Spiderman 4? Xmen?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Villain in Spiderman 4? Xmen? - Page 3 Empty Re: Villain in Spiderman 4? Xmen?

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:02 am

http://blog.filmjabber.com/2010/06/09/poor-people-with-tough-decisions-x-men-vs-spider-man/

Poor People With Tough Decisions: X-Men Vs. Spider-Man
June 9th, 2010

Many people face tough decisions in life, and I feel for them. I really do. Well, I don’t, but for argument’s sake, I do. And then there’s Michael Fassbender, who is facing a quandary of epic proportions. I mean, I can’t imagine what the man is going through right now, torn, divided and downright ravished. Don’t you feel for him, too?

Yes, Michael Fassbender is in the awkward, unbearable position that no one – especially not us average Joe’s – would ever want to be in: he has to decide whether he wants to play the villain in X-Men: First Class or the villain in the Spider-Man Reboot. Can’t you just relate to him? Can’t you just feel what he’s going through? I pity him, I really do.

I mean, in one corner, he has potentially millions of dollars waiting for him, fame and a blockbuster movie. In the other, he simply has millions of dollars, fame and a blockbuster movie. Michael Fassbender, I wouldn’t want to be you.

To be serious for a moment, Fassbender has been offered both the roles of Magneto and an unknown villain in Spider-Man, according to Showbiz 411. Even though both are Marvel films, they’re being developed at two different studios and, due to scheduling issues, won’t be able to do both. The guy should just fire his agent right now.

Personally, I’d go with the Spider-Man Reboot. If he takes on Magneto, then he’ll be compared to Ian McKellan, and that’s not an easy battle to win.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:08 am

http://dishinformation.ca/2010/06/09/fassbender-x-men-or-spider-man/

Fassbender: X-Men or Spider-Man?
Filed under: Entertainment, Sympatico — D.I.S.H. @ 12:34 pm on June 9, 2010

Michael Fassbender is stuck in the sort of jam that most young actors can only ever dream of: Which part should he take? Should he play Magneto in the new X-Men movie or the lead villain in the new Spider-Man movie? Decisions, decisions…

Yes, life is hard for the young actor who starred last year in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds. Showbiz 411 reports that Fassbender is in the enviable position of having to choose his next project between two different upcoming blockbusters from Marvel Studios.

Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn, recently installed as the man behind X-Men: First Class, wants Fassbender to play Magneto in his picture. First Class will examine the origins of the first team of X-Men, with James McAvoy already signed on to play a young Professor X.

Meanwhile, rumours continue to swirl that the producers of Spider-Man 4 – which will also delve into the early days of its superhero lead – want Fassbender as their villain. Which villain in particular? That part is still under wraps.

Marvel is making X-Men with Fox and Spider-Man with Columbia and because of conflicting shooting schedules, there’s no way Fassbender can do both. There are, of course, bigger problems for a young actor to have than too many offers coming in.

Another comic book adaptation, Jonah Hex, is your next opportunity to see Fassbender on the silver screen. The up-and-comer plays the psychopathic Burke in the superhero western, opening June 18.

(Photo by PR Photos)

Story provided by the Dish Information Corporation
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:05 am

http://scifiwire.com/2010/06/x-men-reboot-movie-may-ha.php

Inglourious Basterds star will play Magneto in the X-Men reboot
Michael Fassbender and Diane Kruger in Inglourious Basterds

Director Matthew Vaughn has already found the young Professor X for his X-Men: First Class reboot film in Wanted star James McAvoy—but who'll be playing opposite McAvoy as the young Magneto? Vaughn may have filled the role of that X-nemesis, according to geektyrant ... or maybe not.

Vaughn would reportedly like Michael Fassbender, who starred in Inglourious Basterds and 300, to take on the role. But it turns out that there's a comic-book casting conflict.

Fassbender is apparently up for a role in the coming Spider-Man reboot as well, and since both of these franchises will be filming their next installments at the same time, he can appear in only one.

Since exactly which villain the actor might portray hasn't yet been decided, it's a little too early to know which of the two films would best let Fassbender show off his chops. But based on what little we know, which Marvel movie do you think he should sign up for—Spider-Man or X-Men?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:26 am

http://www.filmjunk.com/2010/06/09/michael-fassbender-as-magneto-rosamund-pike-as-emma-frost-in-x-men-first-class/

Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rosamund Pike as Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class?
Posted by Sean on June 9th, 2010

We’ve got a couple more juicy casting rumours this week for the upcoming X-Men: First Class movie, which is slated to be directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass). Recently it was announced that James McAvoy had signed on to play a young Professor X in the film, although that was called into question when word came out that Michael Fassbender (Hunger, Inglourious Basterds) was also supposedly up for the very same role. It turns out that there was a bit of a mix-up by Roger Friedman at Showbiz 411, who later corrected himself to report that it is the role of young Magneto that Fassbender is actually being courted for.

If this is true, it is a choice that makes a lot more sense than Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass), who was also being rumoured to play Magneto or possibly a young Cyclops. However, it seems that Fassbender may have a tough decision to make here, because he has also been reportedly offered the role of the main villain in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot. Exactly who that villain is remains to be seen, but either way it’s tough to say which would be better for his career.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:49 am

http://totallyandre.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/1698/

Michael Fassbender to Play Villain in Either X-Men or Spider-Man

09/06/2010 by André

ALTThese days, it seems like Michael Fassbender just can’t lose. Memorable performances in Steve McQueen’s Hunger in 2008, and Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious Basterds in 2009 (in which I loved his role) were apparently just the beginning for the German-Irish actor; he has now reportedly been offered two incredible opportunities: playing Magneto in Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class, or the still-unnamed villain in Marc Webb’s Spider-Man reboot.

There’s just one catch: he can’t do both Sad

While both films are from Marvel, X-Men is being produced by Fox and Spider-Man by Columbia. So which villain to pick? Fassbender might find more longevity with Magneto, since he would almost certainly be a recurring character if First Class gets a sequel, while the villain in the Spider-Man reboot is likely to be defeated by Jamie Bell’s Peter Parker.

No matter which villain he chooses, Fassbender appears to be on the movie-star track. Not only will he be a bad guy in Jonah Hex (opening next week), he’ll also be playing Edward Rochester in Jane Eyre (alongside Jamie Bell), Carl Jung in David Cronenberg’s A Dangerous Method, and is slated to work with director Steven Soderbergh on Knockout. This August, Fassbender will star as Quintus Dias in Centurion.

With all that in just the span of two years, Fassbender’s career is clearly taking off. A role as Magneto in X-Men: First Class or as the unnamed Spider-Man villain and Fassbender could be ready for super-stardom!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:19 am

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=28079&WT.rss_a=Michael%20Fassbender%20As%20Magneto?&WT.rss_ev=a

09 June 2010
Michael Fassbender As Magneto?
Rumoured for X-Men: First Class
Source: Showbiz 411

Michael Fassbender is a man in serious demand right now. And no surprise, given his excellent work in such films as Inglourious Basterds and Hunger. What his CV has lacked since 300, however, is an iconic comic book role (his part in the upcoming Jonah Hex doesn’t count). But it looks like he’s about to change all that, since he's rumoured to have two big properties aiming to catch his eye like flirty teenage girls at the school disco: X-Men: First Class and the new Spider-Man reboot.

It’s the sort of dilemma any actor would kill to find themselves in: big-name properties with successful directors trying to get them to commit to a role offering broad exposure.

On the one hand, there is Matthew Vaughn and First Class, which, according to Showbiz 411, is angling to get Fassbender to play the young Erik Lensherr, the future Magneto. That one would put him alongside the already-cast James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

The X-Men prequel is in the middle of gathering up its mutant students, with Vaughn’s Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson already touted as a likely star (Scott Summers, anyone?) and Harry Potter’s Frank Dillane another possibility.

Fassbender’s a solid choice for the role as Lensherr, and we’d be interested to see what he could bring to the part. Should he require any voice coaching to get those Ian McKellen tones down pat, Empire is only too happy to rent out our own Gandalf/Magneto voice expert Chris Hewitt for a pricey sum (that's payable to us; the talent works for a case of Coca Cola).

And then there’s Sony’s new take on Spider-Man, with (500) Days Of Summer’s Marc Webb directing. While the film is still locking in a Peter Parker (current web chatter has Jamie Bell the front-runner in that particular horse race), Fassbender is apparently being courted to play the unspecified villain. Could the studio be attempting a second stab at the Green Goblin? We’ll find out soon enough.

So, any preference, folks? Which Marvel story should he go for?
James White
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:44 am

http://www.movienetnews.com/news/spidey-villain-or-young-magneto-for-michael-fassbender/

Spidey Villain or Young Magneto for Michael Fassbender?
Jun 8th, 2010 | By movie-news

Michael Fassbender is an interesting actor. I never know he’s in a movie until he just shows up onscreen, and even then I don’t know it’s him until the credits role, or someone tells me, “Hey, that’s Michael Fassbender!” Which is rare, because most people don’t know who Michael Fassbender is. (He’s also playing a baddie in “Jonah Hex”, by the way; bet you didn’t know that.)

So, being Michael Fassbender is a pretty good deal at the moment, because according to Showbiz 411, ol Mikey is currently the object of pursuit for two mega projects — Sony’s reboot of “Spider-Man”, where he’s apparently being sought for the villain part, and Fox’s “X-Men: First Class”, where he’s wanted for young Magneto opposite James McAvoy, who is playing young Professor X.

Right now, Fassbender is trying to choose between the two projects, though I think it’s a no-brainier: he’ll probably go with Matthew Vaughn’s “First Class”. One, Vaughn is the more established director, [...]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:54 am

http://www.newsinfilm.com/2010/06/10/x-men-cast-rumors-michael-fassbender-aaron-johnson-rosamund-pike/

X-Men Rumors: Fassbender, Johnson, Pike

Published by Jeff Leins on June 10th, 2010

Michael FassbenderMichael Fassbender, Rosamund Pike, and Aaron Johnson have all been rumored recently as potential cast members in Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class.

The origin story will focus on the early years of Charles Xavier (a.k.a. Professor X) and his relationship with best friend and ultimately archenemy Erik Lensherr (a.k.a. Magneto). Wanted star James McAvoy has already been cast as Professor X.

Fassbender, who broke out in the graphic novel adaptation 300 and Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds, is rumored for the role of Magneto. According to ShowBiz411, the 33-year-old is being pursued and is considering not only that part — played by Ian McKellen in the established trilogy — but also an unknown villain in Marc Webb’s reboot of the Spider-Man franchise.

How did Fassbender become such a hot commodity? Well, the aforementioned hits had something to do with it, but he showed tremendous range in the unsettling, little-seen Fish Tank and carried the brawny Centurion on his shoulders (review here). Plus he’s the sinister sidekick in Jonah Hex this summer, which means more experience and recognition among comic book fans. Fassbender is poised to be a huge Hollywood name.

The other rumors are much more flimsy and based on next to nothing, so take them with a much larger grain of salt. We usually try not to read anything into actors taking meetings, but I’d thought it best to share these with you.

Aaron Johnson, who starred in Vaughn’s Kick-Ass, may already be “locked in” to the X-Men reboot. After a paparazzi photo surfaced of Vaughn, McAvoy, and Johnson meeting together, sources told The Playlist he’s certainly in the mix. This makes some sense, especially since Vaughn was keen on the young, British-born actor before, following his exhaustive search for the right teen to well… kick ass. At this time Johnson’s role is unknown and unconfirmed, but all signs point to him playing Cyclops.

Former Bond girl Rosamund Pike (pictured right) may be up for the part of Emma Frost, a curvy, telepathic mutant who converts from evil to good. According to ForcesofGeek, the beautiful actress was spotted at the casting director’s office emerging with an origins comic book on Frost, and she worked with Vaughn on Stardust. Not much to go on, but not much to complain about either.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:49 pm

http://www.tv.com/its-time-for-midweek-movie-news/webnews/95820.html

* Michael Fassbender, the outstanding Irish actor with the German name who broke through last year as dashing movie critic Archie Hickox in "Inglourious Basterds" and real-life IRA martyr Bobby Sands in "Hunger" is, according to Roger Friedman, on the horns of a supervillain dilemma. Should he play young Magneto opposite James McAvoy's young Professor Xavier in "X-Men: First Class" or should he be whichever villain it turns out Spiderman would be facing in the Marc Webb reboot? That's what I think most struggling actors would consider to be a very high-class problem.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:06 pm

http://www.jarcrib.com/2010/06/11/lizard-%E2%80%93-spidey%E2%80%99s-next-villain/

Lizard – Spidey’s Next Villain?
Posted on June 11, 2010, 12:37 pm, by jar.

So who will Spider-Man get to fight this time around in this new reboot? Well apparently, it looks like somebody has a pretty good idea…

IGN reports:

We reported earlier this week that actor Michael Fassbender has been given a Sophie’s Choice: He can either play X-Men: First Class’ Magneto or the baddie in director Marc Webb’s Spider-Man reboot. That “baddie”, according to BleedingCool.com, is…wait for it…The Lizard.

The same sources that gave BleedingCool the news that Jamie (Jamie Bell is this close to playing Spidey) are telling the site that Doc Conners’ alter ego will battle the Webhead in 3D.

Wow. First off, Fassbender is having a great week. Lol. The downside to that is that he apparently is gonna have to make a tough choice soon: be Magneto or be Lizard?

Now, regarding Spider-Man’s first villain in this new reboot, I’ve got to say that I’m ok with it. In the prior three Spider-Man movies, Sam Raimi set up Dr. Connors as Peter Parker’s teacher/mentor who would later become his enemy. We never got to see that set-up come to fruition. But now it seems, we will get the chance of seeing them square off. I, for one, am at peace with this decision.

How about you guys? You diggin’ Lizard as the main villain? If you were Fassbender who would you pick to be?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:29 pm

http://themunkistree.blogspot.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-to-choose-between.html

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Michael Fassbender To Choose Between Two Comic Books

Michael Fassbender struck me in 300, where he played the dude, laughing under the falling arrows. There were a few little things he did, when holding himself on screen, that really shouted out, "I'm ready to work son! See how seriously I take my roles?" So I like seeing him when I run into him. Good thing for Michael, that Simon Pegg had Star Trek to deal with, which is how he landed Lt. Archie Hicox in Inglourious Basterds. He's in Eden Lake, a good horror film, and Fish Tank, a family drama/coming-of-age story. Both are British films, which is a plus, cause (at least for me) that stuff is hard to find in good form.

Anyway, he's been taped to play Magneto in the upcoming X-Men installment, X-Men: First Class, helmed by Matt Vaughn of Kick Ass fame. First Class is exactly what it sounds like, the beginning of the X-Men, and how Magneto and Pro. X became enemies.

James McAvory has already been cast as a younger Professor X and word around the bend is, VIA /Film that Fassbender is up for Magneto. They have already begun location scouting in Michigan, going for a "1960’s, South-American or Central American island feel".

That all sounds awesome, but Michael's got a problem. He's also been offered a role as the main bad-ass in the upcoming Spider-Man Reboot. No word on who it is, for sure. But Bleeding Cool is reporting to the inter-web, that The Lizard is the next guy in line for film treatment from the Spider-Man villians gallery. It seems that it would make s whole lot of sense, they had him primed and ready for take off, with two films with app. by Dr. Curt Conners. Sucks Rami never got off the ground with that. Although, I'd like to see the next set-up with Conners in more than one film before his transformation, I'll take the lizard straight-up if they feel they're gonna do it like that.

What say you tree-readin' suckas? Good? Bad? magneto? The Lizard? Fassbender? Chicken or Steak? (Sorry dinner plans)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:42 pm

http://novidadescinema.blogspot.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-as-magneto.html

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rumoured for X-Men: First Class
Source: Showbiz 411

Michael Fassbender is a man in serious demand right now. And no surprise, given his excellent work in such films as Inglourious Basterds and Hunger. What his CV has lacked since 300, however, is an iconic comic book role (his part in the upcoming Jonah Hex doesn’t count). But it looks like he’s about to change all that, since he's rumoured to have two big properties aiming to catch his eye like flirty teenage girls at the school disco: X-Men: First Class and the new Spider-Man reboot.

It’s the sort of dilemma any actor would kill to find themselves in: big-name properties with successful directors trying to get them to commit to a role offering broad exposure.

On the one hand, there is Matthew Vaughn and First Class, which, according to Showbiz 411, is angling to get Fassbender to play the young Erik Lensherr, the future Magneto. That one would put him alongside the already-cast James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

The X-Men prequel is in the middle of gathering up its mutant students, with Vaughn’s Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson already touted as a likely star (Scott Summers, anyone?) and Harry Potter’s Frank Dillane another possibility.

Fassbender’s a solid choice for the role as Lensherr, and we’d be interested to see what he could bring to the part. Should he require any voice coaching to get those Ian McKellen tones down pat, Empire is only too happy to rent out our own Gandalf/Magneto voice expert Chris Hewitt for a pricey sum (that's payable to us; the talent works for a case of Coca Cola).

And then there’s Sony’s new take on Spider-Man, with (500) Days Of Summer’s Marc Webb directing. While the film is still locking in a Peter Parker (current web chatter has Jamie Bell the front-runner in that particular horse race), Fassbender is apparently being courted to play the unspecified villain. Could the studio be attempting a second stab at the Green Goblin? We’ll find out soon enough.

So, any preference, folks? Which Marvel story should he go for?

Source: EmpireOnline
Posted by bushnypt at Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:54 pm

http://soulkiller-rebel-rogue.blogspot.com/2010/06/inglourious-basterds-star-will-play.html

Friday, June 11, 2010
Inglourious Basterds star will play Magneto
From Sci-Fi Wire:

Director Matthew Vaughn has already found the young Professor X for his X-Men: First Class reboot film in Wanted star James McAvoy—but who'll be playing opposite McAvoy as the young Magneto? Vaughn may have filled the role of that X-nemesis, according to geektyrant ... or maybe not.

Vaughn would reportedly like Michael Fassbender, who starred in Inglourious Basterds and 300, to take on the role. But it turns out that there's a comic-book casting conflict.

Fassbender is apparently up for a role in the coming Spider-Man reboot as well, and since both of these franchises will be filming their next installments at the same time, he can appear in only one.

Since exactly which villain the actor might portray hasn't yet been decided, it's a little too early to know which of the two films would best let Fassbender show off his chops. But based on what little we know, which Marvel movie do you think he should sign up for—Spider-Man or X-Men?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:57 am

http://schmooatthemovies.blogspot.com/2010/06/nerd-news.html

Saturday, June 12, 2010
Nerd News
Lots of nerdy news this week:

Michael Fassbender rumored for either SPIDER-MAN or X-MEN: FIRST CLASS -

When James McAvoy was cast as Charles Xavier in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS a couple weeks back, I made a few predictions as to who might fill the role of young Magneto. Fassbender was on my list (which also included Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling) and it looks like that is becoming a possibility. I thought Hardy seemed more likely, but I was definitely hoping Fassbender would get the role. He has a pretty solid range, so I'm sure he could pull it off. If not Magneto, Fassbender might be in line to play a villain in the SPIDER-MAN reboot. Which villain? Nobody knows as details on the film are being pretty closely guarded, but I'd be happy with this as a consolation if he didn't get the X-MEN role. He was great in last year's INGLORIOUS BASTERDS and phenomenal in FISH TANK. He can be seen later this summer in JONAH HEX, which looks crummy, but his villainous role might save the whole damn thing. He also appeared in 300, so he must be big on graphic novel adaptations, or maybe he knows that they're a great way to make a lot of money and get a lot of exposure. Good for him, I hope one of these opportunities pans out for him.

Jamie Bell likely to play Peter Parker in SPIDER-MAN -

I liked the Raimi films just fine, but I was never big on Tobey Maguire in the title role. He's just too much of a wiener and a bit too whiny. I can't get behind a Spidey like that. That's why I was a bit miffed when I heard Sony was considering a bunch of new wiener kids to play him in the reboot. After a bunch of rumors and casting news, Jamie Bell has emerged as the likely candidate. I can't say I'm too familiar with all his work and I never saw BILLY ELLIOT (where he got his start), but he has a nice resume and seems like a stout fellow. That is to say - I'd be okay if he was officially cast. Though I'm still not terribly excited for this film.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:49 am

http://megacomicnews.com/2010/06/spider-man-4-vs-x-men-first-class-%E2%80%93-sony-and-fox-go-to-war/

Spider-Man 4 Vs X-Men: First Class – Sony And Fox Go To War

Posted on June 12th, 2010 | Source: Bleeding Cool Comic Book News and Rumors

As a result of both the Marvel bankruptcy and some short term money grabs in the nineties, Marvel does not have movie control over a number of its majorproperties, and even gets very limited revenue from them. Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, they’re all controlled by other studios, other budgets, other decision makers. So while actors are free to cross movies between certain Marvel Studios films, that’s not the case with the Sony and Fox properties.

And with Spider-Man 4 and X-Men: First Class ramping up at the same time, it looks like it’s PR war over who has got who in which role.

Bleeding Cool recently reported how Michael Fassbender is being made to choose between playing Young Magneto in X-Men: First Class and The Lizard in Spider-Man 4.

Well now, in the light of the Jamie Bell Spider-Man 4 casting rumours breaking last week, it looks like certain sources at Sony are trying to muddy the waters by suggesting Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson in the role despite a major clash in tone with the continuing Kick-Ass movies – and the fact that he’s seen as a lock-in in the role of Magneto in X-Men: First Class opposite James MacAvoy, written and directed by the Kick-Ass crew.

There’s no way he’ll be allowed to play a leading role in both. It has all the hallmarks of someone at Sony playing silly buggers.

But if Aaron Johnson is named the next Spider-Man, how will Fox retaliate?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:00 am

http://kryptonianwarrior.blogspot.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-and-rosamund-pike.html

Saturday, 12 June 2010
Michael Fassbender And Rosamund Pike For X-Men: First Class?

News from the web states that both Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds) and Rosamund Pike (Die Another Day) are both wanted for roles in the upcoming X-Men: First Class movie.

Matthew Vaughn has said that Fassbender is his first choice to play Magneto (aka Erik Lehnsherr) and he's also supposedly also in the running to play the main villain in the new Spider-Man movie (although it's unlikely he'll nab both roles as they're both Marvel and would be a bit weird if he got both).

Rosamund Pike on the other hand is said to already be testing for the role of Emma Frost in First Class. English spies say that she's been spotted with some of Matthew Vaughn's casting reps and is a perfect choice for the role of Frost.

Again only time will tell with these rumours!
Posted by Kryptonian Warrior at 6/12/2010 01:00:00 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:36 am

http://geekygirlslovescifi.blogspot.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-big-bad-in-new.html

Sunday, 13 June 2010
Michael Fassbender: Big Bad In New Spider-Man 4 and X-Men: First Class?
You know you’ve made it big when two big rival studios want you to star in their hotly anticipated films – Michael Fassbender, we’re referring to you.

Showbiz411 have reported that Fassbender (Inglorious Bastards) is the hot pick for two separate Marvel films; X-Men: First Class and Spider-Man Reboot.

It’s rumoured that Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) wants Fassbender to star as a young Magneto in his up-coming X-Men flick, alongside a drool some James McAvoy as Professor X. Fassbender would take on the role made famous by the fabulous Sir Ian McKellen.

Fassbender is also reportedly the favourite to play an as of yet unnamed villain in Sony’s new Spider-Man Reboot movie. The film is being directed by (the aptly named) Marc Webb. As of yet no one is sure of the new identity of Spider-Man, but Jamie Bell’s name is being brandied around a lot – we’re just saying.

Either way, rumour or not, Fassbender is a busy bunny, he has Jonah Hex out later this summer and is currently filming A Dangerous Method, with Keira Knightley and Viggo Mortensen, among several others.
Posted by Geeky Girls Love Sci-Fi at 17:53
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:38 am

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705252/x-men-first-class-casting-rumors-emma-frost--magneto.html

X-Men: First Class Casting Rumors: Emma Frost & Magneto
Baxter
Posted 4 days ago - By Joseph Baxter

With the projected June 3, 2011 release date of X-Men: First Class now just under a year away, the folks behind the film must definitely get things rolling quickly. Slowly, but surely, we're getting casting news on the franchise update. The latest rumors are pointing to characters Emma Frost and Magneto. With this update on the X-Men franchise supposedly taking place during the initial formation of the X-Men team, the demands for these characters will differ greatly from those who have played the characters in previous films. So, who are they?

Forces of Geek are reporting that British actress Rosamund Pike is looking likely to play the X-Men's sometimes good/sometimes bad sexy fan fave Emma Frost (aka: The White Queen.) This rumor came about when former Bond girl Pike (Surrogates, Doom, Die Another Day) was spotted around the office of the casting director working under the film's director Mathew Vaughn. Adding fuel to the fire, she appeared to be carrying a copy of the X-Men Origins: Emma Frost comic. (Maybe she's just a fan...right?)

The second bit of news involves actor Michael Fassbender (Jonah Hex, Inglourious Basterds, 300.) According to ShowBiz411, he's actually being pursued for two Marvel movie projects: Magneto in First Class and as a still-unnamed villain in Marc Webb's reboot of Spider-Man. However, as reports circulate about Jamie Bell's contention for the wall-crawler, the Magneto story is looking more solid at the moment. Apparently, Fassbender is ready to "fight in the shade" side-by-side with James McAvoy's Charles Xavier. Regardless, it's certainly an enviable position to be in contention for multiple career-altering roles at a time.

This is an interesting set of actors. While we're still running on a lot of unconfirmed info on the film's plot, other than it's prequel-like nature, we can piece things together based on who's in consideration.

Rosamund Pike is interesting pick for Emma Frost. Yet, we know for a fact that the character was recently portrayed as a rescued teenager in last year's X-Men Origins: Wolverine by Aussie actress Tahyna Tozzi. That film actually took place in a time-frame where Xavier was already old enough to played by Patrick Stewart. If indeed they have cast the 31 year-old Pike, then it's likely that the earlier-set X-Men: First Class will portray Emma Frost as the more traditional adult version we know in the comics. However, it would leave the (already messy) canon of the movies in a bit of a whirlwind. There has been speculation as to whether or not First Class was a proper prequel to the X-Men trilogy started by Bryan Singer and finished by Brett Ratner, or if it would be a franchise reboot. I'd have to point to "reboot" if Rosamund Pike is indeed our new Emma Frost.

As far as Michael Fassbender goes, he could bring a lot of energy (or "magnetism" -- ha ha haaa!) to the role of Eric Lensherr (aka: Magneto.) Ian McKellen portrayed the character as a wise, calm, but internally scarred man. Fassbender's job, should he accept it, would be to create a wise-cracking, but idealistic foundation on which all that bitterness would eventually be built. He seems like he would make a good pairing with McAvoy's Xavier, so more power to him if he gets it.

How do you think X-Men: First Class is shaping up so far?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:56 am

Everyone is reporting this:

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a227058/amber-heard-to-play-x-mens-mystique.html

Inglourious Basterds star Michael Fassbender has reportedly declined an offer to screen test for villain Magneto. James McAvoy is the only confirmed cast member, playing a younger version of Sir Patrick Stewart's Xavier.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:04 pm

http://www.greatnewmovies.com/2010/06/26/%E2%80%98x-men-first-class%E2%80%99-movie-michael-fassbender-is-new-cast/

We are giving each and every update about the new movie ‘X-Men: First Class’. We came up with latest one that Michael Fassbender joins the cast for this movie and he will play the character Magneto (who had the negative shades).

Earlier, rumor was spread that Michael Fassbender will be playing Magneto character and now it became true. He officially confirmed for the role and now he joins James McAvoy and Benjamin Walker who are already confirmed for this new movie coming form X-Men franchise.

James McAvoy confirmed as a Professor ‘Xavier’ and Benjamin Walker will play as a ‘Beast’ in this movie. This movie will be directed by Matthew Vaughn, who recently got good remarks for the movie ‘Kick-Ass’. Michael Fassbender became famous from the movie, ‘Inglourious Basterds’. He played Lt. Archie Hicox character in that movie and earned good remarks with his acting.

‘X-Men: First Class’ is scheduled to release on June 3, 2011. Apart from this role in ‘X-Men: First Class’, Michael Fassbender is also playing the lead role in ‘Spider Man 4′ as a villain.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissL on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:53 pm

I didn't think he would do both movie

MissL
Stelios' sword

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 pm

We're waiting confirmation from someone to see if the news is wrong, which I think it is.

But shoot, if he did do both, I've love him even more...such a freaky go getter. Ambitious punk! lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Just thought it was interesting:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE2qJqnctgEg54

Spider-Man Reboot Wants Christoph Waltz for Its Villain?
August 6th, 2010

Christoph Waltz considered for Untitled Spider-Man reboot's villain
Inglourious Basterds Oscar winner Christoph Waltz is being considered by Sony for the villain role in their upcoming Untitled Spider-Man Reboot, according to The Playlist.

The site reports they heard rumors of this casting move earlier in the week. Now the story has added validation from the latest issue of Production Weekly. Which states that, "the studio is interested in Christoph Waltz for the villian." The report also mentioned there has been an "undisclosed choice" made for the Aunt Mae role in the film.

It still isn't clear exactly what villain Waltz would play, although The Playlist reports the rumored villain will be The Lizard. We had previously reported back in June that Waltz's fellow Inglourious Basterds co-star Michael Fassbender was up for the same role. But he opted to star in X-Men: First Class instead, where he will play a younger Magneto.

We'll be sure to keep you posted with any further updates regarding the Untitled Spider-Man Reboot, which stars Andrew Garfield, as soon as we have more information.

Untitled Spider-Man Reboot comes to theaters July 3rd, 2012 and stars Andrew Garfield. The film is directed by Marc Webb.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3