Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender & Mia Wasikowska possibly working w/ director Jim Jarmusch

Go down

Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender & Mia Wasikowska possibly working w/ director Jim Jarmusch Empty Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender & Mia Wasikowska possibly working w/ director Jim Jarmusch

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 pm

I'm just grateful it's not more news about X-men. But supposedly, they finally finished casting the major actors for the film...Thank goodness!

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/08/jim-jarmusch-working-on-new-film-with.html

8/20/2010
Jim Jarmusch Working On New Film With Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender & Mia Wasikowska, Also Prepping Stooges Doc

Geez, ask a simple question, get a simple answer. Jim Jarmusch recently sat down with Pitchfork to talk about his work curating a day at the upcoming All Tomorrow's Parties festival in upstate New York (his pretty great line up includes Girls, f&%$#& Up, Kurt Vile, Vivian Girls, Raekwon, GZA, DJ Kool Herc, Sunn O))) and Boris) and it didn't take much prompting for him to drop some pretty big news about a couple of forthcoming projects he's working on.

Most excitingly, Jarmusch has lined up a helluva cast for his next film. Three of our favorites, Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska are tentatively slated to star in the director's next film. He reveals that while it isn't "quite financed yet" he does "hope to shoot early next year." No details on what it's about but frankly, who cares. That lineup sounds extraordinary and we hope some investors out there start writing some checks to make this happen. For Swinton, it will be her third film with Jarmusch following 2009's excellent and under-appreciated "The Limits Of Control" and 2005's "Broken Flowers." And if it all comes together it will be a re-team for Fassbender and Wasikowska following their work on Cary Fukunaga's forthcoming "Jane Eyre."

Thanks to MFO
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender & Mia Wasikowska possibly working w/ director Jim Jarmusch Empty Re: Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender & Mia Wasikowska possibly working w/ director Jim Jarmusch

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:26 pm

http://pitchfork.com/news/39726-filmmaker-jim-jarmusch-talks-atp/

Friday, August 20
Filmmaker Jim Jarmusch Talks ATP

<snipped>

Pitchfork: What else are you working on now?

JJ: I'm working on a documentary about the Stooges. It's going to take a few years. There's no rush on it, but it's something that Iggy asked me to do. I'm co-writing an "opera." It won't be a traditional opera, but it'll be about the inventor Nikola Tesla, with the composer Phil Klein. I have a new film project that's really foremost for me that I hope to shoot early next year with Tilda Swinton and Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska, who was Alice in Wonderland in Tim Burton's film. I don't have that quite financed yet, so I'm working on that.

Posted by Tom Breihan on August 20, 2010 at 7:45 a.m.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender & Mia Wasikowska possibly working w/ director Jim Jarmusch Empty Re: Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender & Mia Wasikowska possibly working w/ director Jim Jarmusch

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:50 pm

http://www.cinematical.com/2010/08/21/jarmusch-dishes-on-film-with-fassbender-swinton-wasikowska/

Jarmusch Dishes On Film With Fassbender, Swinton, Wasikowska

by Jenni Miller Aug 21st 2010 // 10:03AM

But what's got my mouth watering is a film he alludes to that has Tilda Swinton (who previously worked with Jarmusch on Broken Flowers and The Limits of Control), Michael Fassbender, and Mia Wasikowska attached. Financing isn't solid yet, but damn, who wouldn't invest in a movie with that trio directed by Jarmusch? If I had the cash, I'd pony up myself. Jarmusch is aiming for a shoot "early next year." Fassbender has an especially full plate of projects coming up, like X-Men: First Class and Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy. He's also in the middle of shooting A Dangerous Method. Meanwhile, Wasikowska's next project, Restless, will come out on January 28, 2011, according to Collider. Naturally, Swinton's plate is also full, with several movies in post-production (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and We Need to Talk About Kevin) and others that are in the "pre-production" (aka rumor) phase. Interestingly enough, Fassbender and Wasikowska are costarring in Jane Eyre, which will open in select cities on March 11, 2011. Whenever these talented folks will be able to sync their schedules is anyone's guess.

(Thanks to The Playlist for their eagle eyes!)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 16, 2011 11:38 am

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/michael_fassbender_tilda_swinton_mia_wasikowska_to_star_in_vampire_film_fro/

Michael Fassbender, Tilda Swinton & Mia Wasikowska To Star In Vampire Film From Jim Jarmusch
John Hurt Also In Cast

The idea of the vampire, that of the undead creature that survives by feeding off the blood of living people—is an enormously resilient, resonant one, so it makes sense that there continue to be dozens of stories about them—barely a year has gone by in the history of cinema without at least one example. But the last few years, it’s gotten ridiculous: from blockbusters like “Twilight” and the upcoming “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter,” to indies like “Let The Right One In” and its American remake, to TV series like “True Blood” and “The Vampire Diaries,” the damn things are everywhere, and we can’t be the only people who are sick of them. At this stage, it would take a really, really interesting line-up of talent to make us interested in a vampire flick again.

Well, it looks like our bluff has been called: off the back of Neil Jordan‘s promising-sounding “Byzantium,” announced over the weekend, we’ve also got news that another top auteur is turning his hand to bloodsuckers, and he’s assembled a frankly mouth-watering cast to do so. Screen Daily reports that Jim Jarmusch, whose last film was 2009’s “The Limits of Control,” is currently preparing a vampire-themed project to shoot at the beginning of 2012, and that, as he revealed last year, it will star Tilda Swinton, as well as two of the most in-demand actors around, Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska.

Jarmusch hinted at the project last year without revealing any details, but he now describes the film as a ‘crypto-vampire love story” set in both Detroit and Tangiers. John Hurt, who worked with both Swinton and Jarmusch on “The Limits of Control,” is also on board, in what’s described as a ‘featured role,’ while Swinton, Fassbender and Wasikowska (the latter pair reunited after this year’s “Jane Eyre”) will all play vampires (perfectly cast, as well, we reckon). It’s clearly been in the works for a while, with Jarmusch telling the trade that “I’ve been imagining this film for years. I can’t wait to now realise it with these remarkable collaborators.”

Remarkable indeed—we’re huge fans of pretty much everyone involved, and can’t wait to see them work with the director. “The Limits of Control” was a little too free-form and lackadaisical for some, including this writer, although it has plenty of defenders on staff, but this sounds like it could be the director’s most accessible work since “Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai,” and if anyone can bring something new to the undead archetype, it’s him. Veteran producer Jeremy Thomas (”The Last Emperor”) is behind the film, along with Germany’s Reinhard Brundig, and filming will get underway in Germany, Morocco and Tangiers at the start of 2012—a wait we assume is caused by Fassbender’s ludicrously busy schedule.

Oliver Lyttelton posted at 7:38 am on May 16, 2011
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 16, 2011 11:39 am

http://www.screendaily.com/news/production/swinton-fassbender-and-wasikowska-line-up-for-jarmuschs-vampire-story/5027597.article?referrer=RSS

Swinton, Fassbender and Wasikowska line up for Jarmusch's vampire story

16 May, 2011 | By Geoffrey Macnab

EXCLUSIVE: Jeremy Thomas and Reinhard Brundig producing; HanWay to handle sales.

Jim Jarmusch is set to make a vampire movie starring Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska as his vampires, with John Hurt in a featured role.

Jeremy Thomas and Reinhard Brundig will jointly produce through Recorded Picture Company and Pandora Films.
HanWay Films is handling international sales.

Jarmusch describes the project as a “crypto-vampire love story”, set against the romantic desolation of Detroit and Tangiers.

The as-yet-untitled film will shoot in Germany, Morocco and Detroit in early 2012.

The deal was brokered by Richard Mansell on behalf of RPC with Bart Walker of Cinetic Media, on behalf of Jim Jarmusch. RPC CEO Peter Watson and Jarmusch business partner Stacey Smith will serve as executive-producers.

Jarmusch said: “I’ve been imagining this film for years. I can’t wait to now realise it with these remarkable collaborators.”

Thomas said: “As a friend, I’ve admired Jim’s films from the beginning, and I’m glad we’re finally working together.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 17, 2011 7:45 pm

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31005

Michael Fassbender Will Be A Vampire
For director Jim Jarmusch...

If you need incontrovertible proof that those pesky undead bastards have got their teeth into every filmmaker, now comes word from Cannes that Jim Jarmusch is planning a vampire film that will star in-demand thesp Michael Fassbender.

And he’s not the only one – Jarmusch has assembled quite the all-star (in indie terms, at least) cast for the new movie, with Tilda Swinton, Mia Wasikowska and John Hurt all jumping aboard.

In what Jarmusch is describing as a “crypto-vampire love story,” Fassbender, Wasikowska and Swinton will play members of the Fang Club, while Hurt appears to be staying human – at least, for now…

“I’ve been imagining this film for years,” Jarmusch tells screen Daily. “I can’t wait to now realise it with these remarkable collaborators.” He’ll get his chance when shooting kicks off early next year in Germany, Morocco and Detroit, which makes it sound like this is most ambitious pic yet.

Can’t wait to see how Jarmusch handles the undead…
James White
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 21, 2011 9:30 pm

http://jengore.wordpress.com/2011/05/17/irish-actors-turned-in-to-vampires/

Irish Actors Turned In To Vampires

17/05/2011 by FilmJam

With many shows like The Vampire Diaries coming to their seasonal ends, blood hungry fans will be looking for something else to sink their teeth in to.
Not to worry, there will not be a shortage of fanged Irish beauties about. Collin Farrell, Saoirse Ronan and Michael Fassbender are the latest in a long line of actors that have jumped on the fang wagon.
As reported here recently, Collin Farrell will play a vampire in the reboot of the 80′s film Fright Night.We have already said that: In this remake of Tom Holland’s 1985 ‘Fright Night’ horror comedy, Collin Farrell plays Jerry Dandridge, a new neighbour of Charley Brewster played by Anton Yelchin. Charley suspects there’s something strange about his new neighbor and is convinced he is a vampire that has his eye on some of the local women including his mother Jane played by Toni Collette and his girlfriend Amy played by Imogen Poots.
He enlists the help of a stage magician named Peter Vincent,played by David Tennant, to help him get rid of Dandridge and end his reign of vampiric terror.
Now the latest Irish cailín to be turned is Saoirse Ronan. Saoirse currently stars in Hanna. She has starred in The Lovely Bones and has played a more minor part in Atonement. Now as well as bagging the lead role in Stephanie Meyer’s new book to film adaption The Host, Saoirse will appear in Byzantium.
This vampiric tale will be brought to the screen by the same man who brought us Interview With The Vampire, Neil Jordan. The film is based on a play called ‘A Vampire Story’ by Moira Buffini.
The story is about two women (Saoirse Ronan and Gemma Arterton) who show up at a little British town. The locals are mezmerised by these mysterious and strange women. One day when they’re in school one of the women reveals that they are vampires.
Shooting begins in October so a 2012 release is likely.
Now Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds, and X-Men:First Class) is apparently very sought after, especially by Jim Jarmusch. Jarmusch is planning his own vampire inspired story an he wants Fassbender to star in what he calls a “crypto vampire love story” (aren’t they all?) Mia Wasikowska, Tilda Swinton and John Hurt are all said to be up for the film. They’ll be shooting in Morocco,Germany and Detroit next year.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:09 pm

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/tilda-swinton-to-retire-acting-career-was-a-major-mistake_1250170

Tilda Swinton To Retire? "Acting Career Was A Major Mistake"

Tilda Swinton, the Oscar-winning British actress, claims her acting career was a "major mistake" and confesses she hopes to retire in the near future. The 50-year-old, currently starring in Lynne Ramsay's 'We Need to Talk About Kevin', claims to have never enjoyed performing on screen and often assumes her latest role to be her last.

Speaking to the UK's Daily Express newspaper, the actress, who scooped an Oscar for her role in 'Michael Clayton', explained, "I'm not really interested in acting. I've given up waiting for an epiphany of interest to strike. Acting is a red herring and a major mistake and I'm still trying to get back on track". Widely regarded as one of the world's finest actresses, Swinton claims to have wanted to leave the business for 20 years, saying, "Every time I'm in a film I'm determined it's the last I'm in then I'll fall into a conversation with someone and we'll cook up a new scheme. but I'm hoping to pull it to a close shortly". As for what she plans to do post-retirement, Tilda admitted she'd welcome the opportunity to have "a good sleep" and to work on her writing.

Despite the remarks, Swinton has already signed up to star in Jim Jarmusch's currently untitled 2012 drama. The actress joins an all-star ensemble of Michael Fassbender, Mia Wasikowska and JOHN HURT.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 24, 2012 11:18 pm

http://collider.com/tom-hiddleston-jim-jarmusch-vampire-movie/141375/

Tom Hiddleston Replaces Michael Fassbender in Jim Jarmusch’s Vampire Film, ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE
by Matt Goldberg Posted:January 30th, 2012 at 8:22 am

Tom Hiddleston had an awesome 2011 with roles in The Avengers, Midnight in Paris, The Deep Blue Sea, and War Horse. Now he’s replacing the only guy who had a better 2011, Michael Fassbender, in Jim Jarmusch‘s Only Lovers Left Alive. Jarmusch said back in May that the film is a “‘crypto-vampire love story’, set against the romantic desolation of Detroit and Tangiers.” THR adds that the horror drama is “described as an unusual love story between two vampires who have been in love for centuries.” With Jarmusch at the helm, you may as well toss out any expectations or pre-conceived notions you have regarding a vampire movie.

Tilda Swinton, Mia Wasikowska, and John Hurt are still on board to co-star. Only Lovers Left Alive will shoot in Germany later this year. Hiddleston will next be seen reprising his role as Loki in The Avengers, which opens in 3D on May 4th.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down