Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
February 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Jane Eyre trailer comments

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Jane Eyre trailer comments

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:53 am

http://www.moviesonline.ca/2010/11/jane-eyres-trailer/

Jane Eyres Trailer Promises A Darkly Gothic Adventure
Written by: Alexandra on November 10, 2010

Charlotte Bronte’s “Jane Eyre” was adapted for stage, TV and the wide screen a gazillion times already, so anyone who decides to do it yet, again, should better have something very special up their sleeve. And the authors of last onscreen incarnation of the novel – writer Moira Buffini and director Cary Fukunaga - obviously do. Judging from the trailer, their “Jane Eyre” looks less like a period life drama, a more like a classic gothic novel with some decidedly nightmarish quality.

World’s latest “Alice in Wonderland” Mia Wasikowska is Jane, who had literally one hell of a childhood, and grew up to be a troubled and haunted adult. At least an adult by terms of 19th century England – Wasikowska is one of youngest actresses to play Jane, and she looks quite like a sweet child. But to be fair, Michael Fassbender playing Rochester is only 12 years her senior, so the two are quite a reasonable match.

Having moved in at the Rochester’s castle as governess, Jane becomes attracted to her employer, but soon realizes that the part of him that scares her may be even darker than she thought.

The rest of the cast is also looking good: Judi Dench, Jamie Bell and Sally Hawkins all put in a worthy appearance.

While “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies” may be going a little too far, mixing classic with gore, Fukunaga’s “Jayne Eyre” simply brings the darker side of the classic novel out much more than any other adaptation did. Ok – maybe it’s a bit too scary and dreary than Bronte ever meant it to be, and we still don’t know what sort of dark secret is lurking behind the surface of the story, but big dark castles, gloomy weather, fog and rain are all common elements of a British gothika.

“Jane Eyre” is set for release on March 11.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:54 am

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/11/10/jane-eyre-trailer-charlotte-brontemia-wasikowska-michael-fassbender/

'Jane Eyre' Trailer Casts Charlotte Bronte's Tale As A Thriller With Mia Wasikowska And Michael Fassbender

Posted 11 hrs ago by Terri Schwartz in Trailers

We've all been so distracted by another adaptation, of-sorts, of a classic 18th century novel (I'm talking about "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies," of course), that the newest version of "Jane Eyre" has slipped right under the radar. But the trailer for the latest big-screen incarnation of Charlotte Brontë's classic tale, starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender, just hit... and it has definitely caught our attention.

Most people should know the basic premise of the novel, which follows an orphan named Jane Eyre (Wasikowska) who ends up working as a governess for the wealthy Edward Rochester (Fassbender), who is hiding a terrible secret. The trailer for the film, though, seems to play the whole story off as a horror-thriller -- which, I guess, we could argue that it is.

Maybe that will end up drawing a larger audience than a straight-cut version of "Jane Eyre" would. The last adaptation of the story was made in 1996 starring Anna Paquin, and wasn't especially memorable. Wasikowska is an up-and-coming talent who might not necessarily be a big box office draw, but an intriguing representation of the story and presenting it more as a thriller than a mystery might bring in a larger audience.

The film stars Wasikowska as Jane Eyre, Fassbender as Mr. Rochester, Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax and Imogen Poots as Blanche Ingram, and is directed by Cary Fukunaga. It won't hit theaters in America until March 11, 2011, so try not to Wikipedia the big twist at the end in the meantime.

Were you intrigued by the "Jane Eyre" trailer? Did you like that the story was represented as a thriller? Tell us in the comments!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:59 am

http://www.bscreview.com/2010/11/mia-wasikowska-in-jane-eyre-trailer-and-poster/

Mia Wasikowska in Jane Eyre trailer and Poster
Movies | Sasha Nova | November 10, 2010 at 9:19 am

Today it is my uncommon privilege to help introduce an exciting motion picture remake. Ask a girl her top five favorite books of all time and you’re bound to hear one of the following: “Romeo and Juliet”, “Wuthering Heights,” or “Jane Eyre”. That last one is a Charlotte Brontë novel first published in the 1870′s in London, which follows a young orphan girl whose life floats from tragedy to tragedy. Despite it all Jane grows to become a woman with great strength of heart who dares to love a man she should not want. Through it all she exudes a goodness and purity few could maintain under her circumstances.

The latest incarnation of her story will debut in select theaters on March 11, 2011. Today we can offer a trailer for the upcoming romantic period drama direct from Yahoo! movies, as well as a first look at the film’s poster, which we found on the movie’s Facebook page.

This time around Jane Eyre is portrayed by Alice in Wonderland actress Mia Wasikowska. The Australian first wowed me in HBO’s In Treatment where she darted into great psychological depths to portray a suicidal teen gymnast. She never failed to grapple powerfully with Gabriel Byrne, her older co-star. In Jane Eyre Wasikowska will share the screen with Dame Judi Dench, but it is the German-born Michael Fassbender, soon to appear in X-Men: First Class as super villain, Magneto, who has perhaps the largest shoes to fill. In my favorite Eyre adaptation, a made for TV mini-series from 1983, Timothy Dalton churns out a tsunami of a performance as Eyre’s love interest, Mr. Rochester, the role that now belongs to Fassbender. I wish both Wasikowska and Fassbender luck and cannot wait to see the film.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:01 am

http://www.movieline.com/2010/11/trailer-for-jane-eyre-promises-nightmares.php

The Two-Minute Verdict || by Brian Clark || 11 10 2010 3:45 AM
Trailer for Jane Eyre Promises Nightmares

Leader image for Trailer for Jane Eyre Promises Nightmares

While you’re waiting for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies to arrive and finally deliver the blood-splattered Victorian-era zombie comedy that we all so desperately need, take a look at the trailer Cary Fukunaga’s Jane Eyre and reflect on how truly scary Victorian-era England can be. According to this preview, it’s actually horrifying, with an atmosphere of dread and despair that would probably make even the undead want to cower in a corner.

Starring Mia Wasikowska in the titular role, the trailer plays up the dark, brooding aspects of Charlotte Brontë’s novel with a gray color palate and plenty of fog, rain and fire. And in case the child abuse, Victorian repression, threats of damnation and subtle supernatural touches don’t get under your skin, the trailer’s creepy stop-and-start score finishes the job. Prepare to be terrified of going to church, falling in love and moving into big houses.

This novel has been adapted to death, but the stylish trailer does a great job of separating this new version from the rest. Also, the supporting cast including Judi Dench, Michael Fassbender and Sally Hawkins is stellar, and Fukunaga’s Sin Nombre showed great promise.

VERDICT: Sold.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:04 am

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/fukunagas-jane-eyre-trailer-plays-up-the-gothic-horror.php

Obsessed With Film - Movie News

Fukunaga’s JANE EYRE trailer plays up the Gothic Horror!

* November 10, 2010 10:00 am
* Matt Holmes

I’ve never associated Charlotte Bronte’s classic Jane Eyre with Gothic Horror (despite the odd moments in the novel) but director Cary Fukunaga has notched up the ghost story aspects more than most in the first trailer for his film version and there’s an unusually eerie tone here to the oft-filmed love story.

Earlier this year I reviewed the Blu-ray release of Jack Clayton’s classic horror The Innocents, and it seems to be evoking that mood over the usual corset/period/mansion romance. Also similiar is the gorgeous production design.

I was a big fan of Funkunaga’s debut film Sin Nombre, but I did find it curious that he was to follow that up with Jane Eyre which had a perfectly fine adaptation as recently as 1996 with William Hurt and Charlotte Gainsbourg, but Fukunaga is promoting a ‘bold new vision’ here and I think he’s got it.

This one feels like it’s bringing something new to the table. It may not be as radical as I Walked With A Zombie (a remake of Jane Eyre as a horror movie, by all accounts) but I’m intrigued.

There’s a great cast in this one – Mia Wasikowska (as Jane), Michael Fassbender (as Rochester), Imogen Poots (as Blanche) with supporting turns from Judi Dench, Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins and Simon McBurney.

Focus Features will release the film on March 11th, which probably means it ain’t THAT good, as it couldn’t be worse placed for awards season contention.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:16 am

http://www.indiemoviesonline.com/news/jane-eyre-trailer-rides-into-town-111010

Jane Eyre trailer - Wasikowska, Fassbender, Dench and more!
Posted on Wed, 10/11/2010 @ 15:54 by:
Emma Rowley
Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre.

The trailer for Cary Fukunaga's Jane Eyre has arrived. The Sin Nombre director has, by the look of the what's below, produced something every bit as brooding and mist-cloaked as a Brontë-lover could ask for.

Perhaps its atmosphere is more more Emily than Charlotte, and perhaps both Jane and Rochester are a good deal prettier than the author had imagined but just because a character is described a plain or ugly in a novel, doesn't mean they won't be played by a ravishing thesp once it hits the big screen. Flatten their hair or alternatively, do something cowlicky with it and bingo, in movie-world, they're hideous. It's the Clark Kent principle.

Mia Wasikowska is playing spirited governess Jane Eyre, her second lead in a classic literary adaptation (after Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, which took elements from both of Lewis Carroll's novels: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass and mixed them with his own cartoonish imagination to create box-office magic). Michael Fassbender is Rochester, another role, post-Fishtank, that sees him stirring sentiment in the heart of a much-younger girl, though obviously without the disturbing, underage denouement. They are supported by a Brit cast of the good and the great, including Judi Dench, Imogen Poots, Sally Hawkins (interestingly, playing against type) and Jamie Bell.

Chalotte Brontë's novel was published in 1847 under the male pseudonym Currer Bell and was first adapted, in silent film form, in 1910. It has since been remade 17 times for the big screen, nine times for television, inspired numerous spin-offs and reworkings, ballets, musicals, opera and a graphic novel. It also, and perhaps most famously, inspired Jean Rhys to retell the story from the perspective of the first Mrs Rochester, in her novel Wide Sargasso Sea.

But enough fanfare. Here's the trailer, which comes courtesy of Yahoo.

So, what do you make of that? (Am I alone in loathing the font? Is that even a reasonable thing to comment on?)

The film is due for release next year, when all will be revealed, especially what's behind that curtain in Rochester's house.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 am

http://www.i-flicks.net/blog/1-latest-news/2054-jane-eyre-trailer-now-online

Jane Eyre Trailer Now Online
Written by Ivan Radford
Wednesday, 10 November 2010 09:07

Jane Eyre is on Facebook. That's one of those sentences you dream of saying when you're a sad old English student who likes his horror gothic and his men with dark things hidden in the house. But Jane Eyre is on Facebook, because that's where Focus Features have released the official poster and some stills for the film, along with the trailer.

It's directed by Cary Fukunaga, but the awesome names don't stop there: Fukunaga has found himself a cast list that includes Michael Fassbender, Mia Wasikowska, Judi Dench, Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins and Imogen Poots. Now that's how you do costume drama - Downton Abbey my arse.

Charlotte Bronte's classic tale sees Jane shack up with the mysterious (and sexy) Mr Rochester, who lives in the rather large Thornfield House. Quicker than you can say "loft conversion", Jane flees from the cold and isolated place, only to return and discover Mr Rochester's true secret (I won't completely spoil it for all you philistines out there).

Before that happens, it looks like we get some CGI spooky stuff, which is, erm, interesting, but with Fassbender's furry sideburns stuck on the side of his sexy face, I'm not about to complain. This looks like your pretty standard costume drama set-up, which will please fans of the genre (myself included). The only problem is having to follow the BBC's excellent 2006 version, which starred Toby Stephens - another man who could look me in his house any day.

The trailer's over at Yahoo. Read on for the full thing. Then you should totally comment on it below and stuff.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:27 am

http://www.the-back-row.com/index.php/2010/11/10/jane-eyre-as-a-gothic-horror

Jane Eyre As A Gothic Horror?

Hells yes! Where do I sign up? I don't normally go for costume dramas, but this has just the right amount of Gothic creepiness and supernatural horror elements to hook me! I suppose it also helps that I've liked Michael Fassbender ever since Inglourious Basterds, and I think Mia Wasakowska makes a great leading lady, even if Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Plus, Judi Dench can make any movie awesome (see also The Chronicles of Riddick). Here's a blurb from FirstShowing:

Jane Eyre flees Thornfield House, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. The isolated and imposing residence, and Rochester's coldness, have sorely tested the young woman's resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. As Jane reflects upon her past and recovers her natural curiosity, she will return to Mr. Rochester – and the terrible secret that he is hiding.

Ooo, and he's got those creepy black eyes! What do you think? Vampire? Werewolf? Or something else entirely? Whatever the case, this looks pretty darn cool. I think more filmmakers should try putting unique spins on literary classics like this.

Jane Eyre comes out March 11, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:08 am

http://artic-fox.livejournal.com/405772.html

10 November 2010 @ 06:21 pm
new trailer: jane eyre
This is the new trailer for the upcoming feature film Jane Eyre, starring Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, and Judi Dench.

It isn't actually as bad as I thought. This project has been recast a few times, and I remember Ellen Page was attached in the early days. But my problem is that I adore the 2006 miniseries starring Toby Stephens and Ruth Wilson. I think it was absolutely wonderful, with beautiful visuals, great chemistry between the leads, etc. (It isn't a perfect adaption - what is these days? - it took some liberties, as they do, but I admit, I did like it a lot).

My issue here is Mia Wasikowska, if I'm honest. I haven't seen her in much - only Alice in Wonderland, but I find her... stiff. Not particularly engaging. I know this is a costume drama and all, and everyone is all pent up and brooding, but she seems neither here. Also, she looks so young! I know Jane Eyre is young, of course, but yeah.

Although Michael Fassbender should be interesting. Although it is a hard sell (much like Toby Stephens) to call him unattractive at all, lol, considering this is Bronte's description of Rochester. But hey, I'll bear the burden.

Either way, I'll probably still definitely see it, because I love the story, and Jane and Rochester have such a great romance. And as I said, I wasn't expecting much and already the trailer has exceeded my expectations somewhat!

Thoughts, all?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:09 am

http://armchairaudience.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-jane-eyre.html

Wednesday, November 10, 2010
A New Jane Eyre
A trailer for the new Jane Eyre, directed by Cary Fukunaga and starring Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska, has just been released, and it looks very very good. Of course, I'd see this even if it didn't. It's one of my favorite gothic stories and stars two of my current favorite actors, plus Judi Dench, Sally Hawkings, Jame Bell, Tamzyn Merchant.

Here are some screenshots from the trailer. You can see them all at My New Plaid Pants.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:10 am

http://nosmalldreams-allie.blogspot.com/2010/11/shut-up.html

SHUT. UP.

Sorry to post another movie trailer, but, OMG, you guys, a new Jane Eyre! I'm so excited! It's such an excellent book, and I've loved every movie version of it released! This one has Mia Wasikowska (of Alice in Wonderland fame) as the title character, and Michael Fassbender (who I've only seen in Inglorious Basterds) as Mr. Rochester! Rochester is one of my biggest literary crushes... oh, WHY do I always fall for the brooding, rough-around-the-edges, secret-wife-locked-in-the-attic kind of guys?!
Posted by Allie at 10:00 AM
Labels: crush, films
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:11 am

http://itsjustmovies.com/13025

Trailer Talk: ‘Jane Eyre’

– by RACHEL COYNE –

It’s no secret that I love a good literary adaptation period drama. So it is with nerd-girl pride that I look forward to the release of the umpteenth incarnation of Charlotte Brontë’s gothic love story, “Jane Eyre.”

Much like any of the novels by Jane Austen, “Jane Eyre” is a story that has been turned into more movies and TV miniseries than I can count (including one with Anna Paquin as Young Jane). Each version presents the material in varying degrees of depth, but at its core, the story is always the same: See Jane have horrible childhood. See Jane finally find happiness as a governess. See Jane fall in love with the broody and mysterious Mr. Rochester. See everything go spectacularly insane.

The trailer for this new telling of “Jane Eyre” hits all the right notes in setting the tone for the movie: dark, morose and … foggy. However, there are a couple of things that make me raise an eyebrow; specifically, Mia Wasikowska (playing Jane) isn’t British and Michael Fassbender (also not British, but at least European) is way too handsome to play the “not beautiful, according to rule” Mr. Rochester. But Judi Dench is there, too, which sort of evens everything out.

Also starring Sally Hawkins and Jamie Bell, “Jane Eyre” will be “three hundred sixty-five degrees …” on March 11, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:17 am

http://www.moviesonline.ca/2010/11/jane-eyres-trailer/

Jane Eyres Trailer Promises A Darkly Gothic Adventure
Written by: Alexandra on November 10, 2010

Charlotte Bronte’s “Jane Eyre” was adapted for stage, TV and the wide screen a gazillion times already, so anyone who decides to do it yet, again, should better have something very special up their sleeve. And the authors of last onscreen incarnation of the novel – writer Moira Buffini and director Cary Fukunaga - obviously do. Judging from the trailer, their “Jane Eyre” looks less like a period life drama, a more like a classic gothic novel with some decidedly nightmarish quality.

World’s latest “Alice in Wonderland” Mia Wasikowska is Jane, who had literally one hell of a childhood, and grew up to be a troubled and haunted adult. At least an adult by terms of 19th century England – Wasikowska is one of youngest actresses to play Jane, and she looks quite like a sweet child. But to be fair, Michael Fassbender playing Rochester is only 12 years her senior, so the two are quite a reasonable match.

Having moved in at the Rochester’s castle as governess, Jane becomes attracted to her employer, but soon realizes that the part of him that scares her may be even darker than she thought.

The rest of the cast is also looking good: Judi Dench, Jamie Bell and Sally Hawkins all put in a worthy appearance.

While “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies” may be going a little too far, mixing classic with gore, Fukunaga’s “Jayne Eyre” simply brings the darker side of the classic novel out much more than any other adaptation did. Ok – maybe it’s a bit too scary and dreary than Bronte ever meant it to be, and we still don’t know what sort of dark secret is lurking behind the surface of the story, but big dark castles, gloomy weather, fog and rain are all common elements of a British gothika.

“Jane Eyre” is set for release on March 11.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:23 am

http://www.bookpage.com/the-book-case/2010/11/10/new-jane-eyre-trailer-is-gothic-gripping/

New Jane Eyre trailer is Gothic, gripping
By Trisha

Yesterday, a long trailer for the new adaptation of Jane Eyre was released. It promises plenty of Gothic chills and thrills to offset the legendary practicality of its heroine, played by Mia Wasikowska (aka Alice in Wonderland). Love that she is actually plain-looking. The casting all around is terrific: X-Men villain Michael Fassbender looks like the best Mr. Rochester since Timothy Dalton, and Judi Dench plays the housekeeper (and dons a Yorkshire accent).

Director Cary Fukunaga doesn’t hold back on the darker aspects of the story, portraying Jane’s lonely, abusive upbringing in graphic detail.

What do you think of the trailer? Will you see the movie when it comes out in March?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:38 am

http://filmexperience.blogspot.com/2010/11/eyre-above.html

The Eyre Above
JA from MNPP here. If Nat were around he'd perhaps do one of his "Yes No Maybe So" posts for this, but I've got nothing but yes for this, the first trailer for Cary Fukunaga's adaptation of Jane Eyre, which isn't out until March. (via)
Fukunaga's Sin Nombre - and I know Nat agrees with me on this - is a wonderful film. Thrilling and moving and gorgeously shot. So no matter what he did next I'd have been paying attention, but an adaptation of Jane Eyre was not at all what I was expecting and that makes me even happier. Love it when a director throws a curve-ball. And the cast... the cast! Michael Fassbender, Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Judi Dench, Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins and Michael Fassbender... drool.

And that trailer is just stunning. I posted a slew of screencaps over at MNPP in case you want to ogle it that way. What do we think?
Bookmark and Share
Written by JA @ 12:02 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:39 am

http://highoncelluloid.blogspot.com/2010/11/theatrical-trailer-poster-jane-eyre.html

Theatrical Trailer + Poster: Jane Eyre
Consider me completely confused, but oddly intrigued here. I think everyone on earth has at least heard about Jane Eyre, but never actually read it, so I have no idea what to make of all this. I find the film interesting because it stars Judy Dench, Michael Fassbender, and Mia Wasikowska, who have all made a positive impression with the work they've done. Fassbender's character in Inglourious Basterds really put him on the map, just because he had such great lines. We always took him as the intellectual Brit, so I can't wait to see what he does with such dramatic roles as this. All the same, I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this trailer. The poster is nice and all, but the light white/blue filter is the only thing that makes it such. Easiest thing in the world to duplicate.

Posted by Duncan Houst at 11:52 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:40 am

http://www.pajiba.com/trailers/woah-when-did-charlotte-bronte-become-such-a-bad-ass-not-your-grandmothers-jane-eyre-trailer.php

Woah! When Did Charlotte Bronte Become Such a Bad Ass?

Not Your Grandmother's Jane Eyre Trailer / Dustin Rowles

Trailers | November 10, 2010

This was unexpected. Here’s the new trailer for Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) Jane Eyre and it might just blow your mind a little. With these new takes on classic novels — like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies — it’s more interesting, and challening, to do what Fukunaga has done here: Take the same material and bring in a new vision, here that of Gothic Romance. Fukunaga has converted Jane Eyre — starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender — into a chilling horror-ish tale, and the trailer comes complete with the score from Suspiria.

It’s really interesting, and for the first time in my life, I find that I actually want to see a movie based on a novel by a Bronte sister.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:43 am

http://bananaoilmovies.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/trailer-jane-eyre/

Trailer: Jane Eyre

Despite the fact that Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books, I have not seen a film adaptation of it. There are, in fact, several, and next year, another one will be added to the list. This one has been in the works for some time, and, if memory serves, went through a number of permutations before all was settled. The finished project will star Mia Wasikowska (Burton’s Alice) and Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds, not yet widely famous, but gaining traction), with Judi Dench in a supporting role to lend some proper cred.

Now, the casting of the leads was something that left me quite skeptical, as both Wasikowska and Fassbender are, ordinarily, really quite pretty; and as “romantic” as Jane Eyre is, it’s kind of a big point that neither Jane nor Rochester is particularly anything to look at. However! Behold a trailer. Sorry, can’t figure out how to embed. Anyway. Behold me, excited. This looks good. The leads have been appropriately unprettified, the mood is dark, and, well, it just looks excellent. There’s hope yet. This will, barring terrible reviews, find my butt in a seat. And you?
By bananaoilmovies, on November 10, 2010 at 11:39 am,
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:45 am

http://flixchatter.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/this-just-in-jane-eyre-2011-trailer-debuts/

THIS JUST IN: JANE EYRE 2011 trailer debuts!

November 10, 2010 by rtm

I know I just posted a trailer yesterday but I have been anticipating this for so long! Ever since I saw the 1983 BBC version of Jane Eyre, I fell in love with Charlotte Brontë’s Gothic romance and Dalton as the the ultimate Byronic hero Edward Rochester. I love how faithful it was to the book, but the entire production is rather tedious and the costume, lighting, etc. left much to be desired. Then I learned about indie director Cary Fukunaga’s vision of the movie, and was really intrigued by his vision. As a fan of the novel, he intends to capture the dark and spooky atmosphere of the novel, as the story is so much more than a period romance.Well, judging from this trailer, looks like he achieved what he set out to do.

First look of the new Rochester

Last September, I couldn’t help pondering about which actor could play Rochester. Now, the German-born Michael Fassbender wasn’t on my list, but after seeing him in the trailer, I’m more than pleased by the casting choice! Dalton was a tough act to follow and I wasn’t impressed by Toby Stephens’ portrayal in the latest BBC version, but Fassbender looks poised to be my new favorite. Yes, he’s still far too good looking for the role, just like most other actors playing Rochester. But the important thing is he’s able to bring that mercurial, tortured-soul sensibilities the role requires, but with ample of sex appeal Very Happy

The overall look of the movie definitely looks promising and with a top notch the supporting cast! Here’s the cast info from my previous post: Dame Judi Dench will play Mrs. Fairfax, the housekeeper of Thornfield Manor who hires Jane, and disproves of Jane’s relationship with Rochester. One of my fave young thespian Jamie Bell (Defiance, Billy Elliot) will play St. John, a young clergyman who helps Jane in a time of need, and turns out to be connected to her by blood. Sally Hawkins (Happy-Go-Lucky, An Education) will play Mrs. Reed, Jane’s terrible aunt, who terrorizes and abuses Jane as a orphaned child.

I know that a lot of people out there probably think, ‘another Jane Eyre adaptation?!’ But this one might offer what have been missing in the previous adaptations… staying true to the novel whilst keeping the tone fresh and contemporary. I absolutely can’t wait until March 11 of next year for this!

Oh, I just found another still photo that’s just been released… I’m dying to see how the proposal scene goes with Jane’s ‘Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless?’ heart-wrenching speech. I adore the one from the 1983 version, one of my favorite scenes in the miniseries.

Any Brontë fans out there? What do you think of the trailer… and specifically, Fassbender as Mr. Rochester?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:48 am

http://slyoyster.com/movies/2010/an-enticing-and-dark-jane-eyre-movie/

An enticing and dark Jane Eyre movie

by James Furbush on November 10, 2010 · Comment

This looks like the greatest Jane Austen film-adaptation in the history of literary film adaptations. It’s all dark and spooky and appealy to men! Better, certainly, than Jane Austen Book Club, and that one movie with the skinny chick from Bend it Like Beckam and the other longer version of that movie with Colin Firth. Am I right? There’s nothing quite like watching a classic interpretation of a novel of manners.

Wait, what? Oh, sorry, it’s based on the Charlotte Brontë novel, Jane Eyre? Oh. Well that changes things. Okay then. This time around we have director Cary Fukunaga and a good cast including, Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench, and Sally Hawkins with a flick that looks pretty dark and enticing.

Sure, Charlotte Bronte is no Jane Austen, but then few writers are on par with Austen. If she were a dude, she’d be as esteemed as any white man. Jane Eyre is set to be released on March 11, 2011 via Focus Features. [via Geek Tyrant]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:58 am

http://geektyrant.com/news/2010/11/9/fantastically-dark-trailer-for-jane-eyre.html

Fantastically Dark Trailer for JANE EYRE
AuthorVenkman

Focus Features has released a fantastic trailer for the upcoming film adaptation of the classic novel by Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre. I love this trailer, and the film looks like it's going to be great. There's a point in the trailer when a cloud of black ash from a fireplace explodes at a young Jane, at which point the classic score from Susperia surprisingly kicks into high gear. I really wasn't expecting that, but it's there, and it set a great tone for the trailer.

I honestly didn't think I would be interested in seeing this movie. It's been such a long time since I've read the novel, but after watching this trailer, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

The film was directed by Cary Fukunaga, and it has a great cast of actors that include Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench, Sally Hawkins ,Imogen Poots, Holliday Grainger and Tamsin Merchant.

Synopsis:

Jane Eyre flees Thornfield House, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. The isolated and imposing residence - and Mr. Rochester's coldness - have sorely tested the young woman's resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. As Jane reflects upon her past and recovers her natural curiosity, she will return to Mr. Rochester - and the terrible secret that he is hiding...

Jane Eyre is set to be released on March 11, 2011. Watch the trailer for the movie below and tell us what you think?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:17 am

http://angieville.blogspot.com/2010/11/jane-eyre-movie-trailer.html

Jane Eyre Movie Trailer

And in the spirit of the Jane giveaway we've got going on, here is the trailer for the upcoming film adaptation of Jane Eyre. It stars Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender and is set to release March 11th here in the U.S. I think it looks perfectly awesome and I'm so excited I can hardly wait. They've certainly adapted this story a number of times over the years and people tend to have definite opinions about their favorite version. Me, I get a little thrill with every one as it's just one of my favorite stories ever. So, who's going to go see it?

Posted by Angiegirl at 11/10/2010 08:00:00 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:22 am

http://ckkellymartin.blogspot.com/2010/11/separation-anxiety.html

Completely off-topic but I just saw the trailer for Jane Eyre on the Women and Hollywood blog and am giddily awaiting its release. I've been an enormous fan of Mia Wasikowska ever since seeing her star as a troubled young gymnast in season one of In Treatment and Michael Fassbender was such a startlingly powerful presence in Fish Tank and Hunger that I'm certain this pairing is going to be dynamite!

Head over to Women and Hollywood to check out the trailer if you want to get giddy about this latest adaptation of Jane Eyre too.

Mia Wasikowska in Jane Eyre
posted by C.K. on Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:52 am

http://novelnovice.com/2010/11/10/jane-eyre-updates-movies-retellings-galore/

Jane Eyre: Updates, movies & retellings galore!
Posted on November 10, 2010 by sgundell

Yahoo! has debuted the trailer for a new movie adaptation of Charlotte Bronte’s classic novel, Jane Eyre … and I have to confess, I’m totally digging it. Now, let me explain. When I read Jane Eyre in 10th grade I absolutely hated it. I still sort of have no love for that book. The only part I remotely enjoyed was that surprise mystery revelation about half-way through the book (and I’m being vague on purpose, so as not to spoil it for those who haven’t read it. If you HAVE read it, you know what I’m talking about).

But this movie trailer makes me want to reconsider my opinion. It looks really, really good — and on top of that, the cast is outstanding — with Alice in Wonderland’s Mia Wasikowski as Jane and Michael Fassbender (who I adored in Hex on BBC America) as Mr. Rochester.

But this movie trailer isn’t the only reason Jane Eyre is on my mind these days.

There’s also Jane by April Lindner — a new YA book in stores now, which is a modern retelling of Jane Eyre. And even though I remember hating the original book, I really want to read this new, updated version. In fact, I plan to crack open the spine when I get home later today.

Here’s the synopsis:

Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, an iconic rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer, and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance. But there’s a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane’s much-envied relationship with Nico is tested by a torturous secret from his past.

Part irresistible romance and part darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers.

And if that’s not enough Jane Eyre for you, might I recommend The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. This is the first book in Fforde’s Thursday Next series — which takes place in an alternate reality, where criminals have the ability to change classic works of literature, and literary detectives go into the books to protect the characters and plot. In fact, it was reading The Eyre Affair that made me really glad I’d read Jane Eyre — because I love this magical world Fforde has created, and knowing the original material made my enjoyment that much better.

Here’s more about The Eyre Affair:

Great Britain circa 1985: time travel is routine, cloning is a reality (dodos are the resurrected pet of choice), and literature is taken very, very seriously. Baconians are trying to convince the world that Francis Bacon really wrote Shakespeare, there are riots between the Surrealists and Impressionists, and thousands of men are named John Milton, an homage to the real Milton and a very confusing situation for the police. Amidst all this, Acheron Hades, Third Most Wanted Man In the World, steals the original manuscript of Martin Chuzzlewit and kills a minor character, who then disappears from every volume of the novel ever printed! But that’s just a prelude.

Hades’ real target is the beloved Jane Eyre, and it’s not long before he plucks her from the pages of Bronte’s novel. Enter Thursday Next. She’s the Special Operative’s renowned literary detective, and she drives a Porsche. With the help of her uncle Mycroft’s Prose Portal, Thursday enters the novel to rescue Jane Eyre from this heinous act of literary homicide. It’s tricky business, all these interlopers running about Thornfield, and deceptions run rampant as their paths cross with Jane, Rochester, and Miss Fairfax. Can Thursday save Jane Eyre and Bronte’s masterpiece? And what of the Crimean War? Will it ever end? And what about those annoying black holes that pop up now and again, sucking things into time-space voids.

For the comments: Have you read Jane Eyre? What do you think about the original, the movie, modernizations, spin-offs, etc.?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:14 am

http://thesqueee.blogspot.com/2010/11/jane-eyre-11-poster-and-trailer-double.html

Wednesday, 10 November 2010
Jane Eyre '11 - poster AND trailer, double squeeee!!!
One is now ridiculously, deleriously happy. First, yesterday, the movie poster, but I was too caught up with other things (*cough* NaNoWriMo, basically *cough*) to have time to post. Now, the actual TRAILER for the upcoming Jane Eyre (2011) movie adaptation! Thanks to Ruth and Charleybrown for the heads up. I love you guys. You've made my day, week AND month, all at the same time. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

How come all Jane Eyres have the same hair style?

And I don't care if it's too wide for the layout, live with it, it's the one and only TRAILER:

First impressions, aside from if I wasn't in an office I'd be running around yelling gleefully at the top of my lungs, is that it looks a bit more like a ghost story than a romance. Very Gothic. Not a bad thing, mind, looks fantastic. And lookit Haddon Hall, it looks really creepy. The irony is that Thornfield in the book doesn't actually look creepy at all, it's described quite nicely:

The hall-door, which was half of glass, stood open; I stepped over the threshold. It was a fine autumn morning; the early sun shone serenely on embrowned groves and still green fields; advancing on to the lawn, I looked up and surveyed the front of the mansion. It was three storeys high, of proportions not vast, though considerable: a gentleman’s manor-house, not a nobleman’s seat: battlements round the top gave it a picturesque look. Its grey front stood out well from the background of a rookery, whose cawing tenants were now on the wing: they flew over the lawn and grounds to alight in a great meadow, from which these were separated by a sunk fence, and where an array of mighty old thorn trees, strong, knotty, and broad as oaks, at once explained the etymology of the mansion’s designation. Farther off were hills: not so lofty as those round Lowood, nor so craggy, nor so like barriers of separation from the living world; but yet quiet and lonely hills enough, and seeming to embrace Thornfield with a seclusion I had not expected to find existent so near the stirring locality of Millcote. A little hamlet, whose roofs were blent with trees, straggled up the side of one of these hills; the church of the district stood nearer Thornfield: its old tower-top looked over a knoll between the house and gates.

I was yet enjoying the calm prospect and pleasant fresh air, yet listening with delight to the cawing of the rooks, yet surveying the wide, hoary front of the hall, and thinking what a great place it was for one lonely little dame like Mrs. Fairfax to inhabit, when that lady appeared at the door.

Bit lengthy there (apologies - actually, no, sod it, no apologies; not my fault CB didn't know how to keep it brief!), but you know, I don't get the impression that it's a spooky mansion.

Brocklehurst - so fitting. Not quite looking like in the book perhaps, but yeah, definitely Brocklehurstian.

Blanche Ingram - my spontaneous thought was "dark hair, yay!" as there had been some general pouting around the net about casting yet another blonde actress as the woman with such a fine head of hair; raven-black and so becomingly arranged: a crown of thick plaits behind, and in front the longest, the glossiest curls Mrs. Fairfax ever saw.

Mia Wasikowska looks great as Jane, love the attitude. I think she'll be great. Wooh! And she actually looks like she really could be 18 which is such a nice change. You shouldn't skimp on that particular detail - the age gap is one of the things I love about the story.

Michael Fassbender as Rochester - mwahaaaaa, now, that's ... that's ... interesting. Jury's still out, I'm afraid. Doesn't mean that when I actually see the film, I won't just swoon and fancy the breeches off the man, but at the moment, I think I need to see the trailer a few more times before I make my mind up. Just me or did he not look that dark? At least they made Toby Stephens's hair dark in '06, because Rochester is meant to be dark. (Yes, Franco Zefferelli, I'm looking at you. Go back and study Chapter 13, especially the bit about "jetty eyebrows" and "black hair".)

Ahh I'll have to watch it again. And again. And obsess about it a few more times. And squee. A lot. Maybe I'll go outside at lunch and run around doing the aforementioned shouting, but at the same time ... that's time I can spend watching the trailer a few more times. For now, I'm sitting here with a silly smile on my face and I can't wait for March to come. Aaaaahhhh!!! <3
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next