Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Jane Eyre trailer comments

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jane Eyre trailer comments

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:16 am

http://www.beforethetrailer.com/2010/11/jane-eyre-theatrical-trailer/

Jane Eyre – Theatrical Trailer

Check out the trailer for the dramatic romance Jane Eyre, directed by Cary Fukunaga and based on Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel. The movie stars Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench and Sally Hawkins and is set to be released on March 11, 2011.

Synopsis: After a bleak childhood, Jane Eyre goes out into the world to become a governess. As she lives happily in her new position at Thornfield Hall, she meet the dark, cold, and abrupt master of the house, Mr. Rochester. Jane and her employer grow close in friendship and she soon finds herself falling in love with him. Happiness seems to have found Jane at last, but could Mr. Rochester’s terrible secret be about to destroy it forever?

CLICK HERE TO WATCH TRAILER

The cast is really fantastic and the trailer looks very intriguing, so definitely a must see on my list!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:13 am

http://123gossip.com/index.php/first-look-jane-eyre-starring-mia-wasikowska-and-michael-fassbender/

First Look: ‘Jane Eyre’ Starring Mia Wasikowska And Michael Fassbender
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010

“Jane Eyre” fans rejoice! Here’s the first look at the trailer for the upcoming film adaptation starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender as Jane Eyre and Edward Rochester.

iMDb’s short and sweet summary:

A mousy governess who softens the heart of her employer soon discovers that he’s hiding a terrible secret.

The film is set for release in March of 2011. Are you a fan of the book? Are you excited for a new movie version?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:15 am

http://soniagensler.blogspot.com/2010/11/jane-eyre-trailer.html

Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Jane Eyre trailer!

I was so delighted when Michael Fassbender was cast as Rochester, and so far I am still very pleased!

It's a small thing, but I'm quite relieved to see a dark-haired Blanche Ingram. (This rarely happens.)

Just a wee glimpse of Jamie Bell as St. John -- I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Simon McBurney doesn't seem right as Brocklehurst -- too gentle? -- but I can deal with it.

I'm sure I'll have more thoughts after I watch it a few times.

What are your thoughts!
Posted by Sonia Gensler at 4:40 PM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:36 am

http://itstiffaniemarie.wordpress.com/2010/11/11/jane-eyre/

Jane Eyre
November 11, 2010, 6:45 am

This is the movie trailer for the newest adaptation of Jane Eyre based on Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel. The romantic drama stars Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre and Michael Fassbender
as Edward Rochester. If you have not been lucky enough to read the book which is a true classic, and that I read as a summer reading book during high school, it is amazing.

The novel follows Jane Eyre as she is working for Edward Rochester as a governess after fleeing Thornfield house. The novel reflects on Jane’s abusive past, as well as her affair with Rochester, and later fleeing from his residence to come back years later to confront what she left behind.

That’s all I really can say, seeing as I’m not quite sure as to how in depth the movie follows the novel, hopefully enough that it keeps all of the important,classic parts, and leaves out all of the dull and boring parts that seem to just drag on for pages and pages. Viewing from this first trailer the movie looks promising, and is now on my list for movies to see in the future.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:46 am

http://www.2hotrecords.com/?p=206

# Jane Eyre as a horror movie?! Hot criticisim coming!
Romance @ 11 November 2010

Charlotte Bronte’s novel Jane Eyre continues to be adapted for film and Tv quite a bit—this IMDB search returns 22 results—but it really is about to have another rendition. This latest version attributes Mia Wasikowska inside title purpose, and Michael Fassbender as Edward.

Wasikowska seems to be like she’s effectively parlaying her starring function in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland into some interestingly various elements, though this as well is an oft-realized literary character. She’ll also be in Restless up coming year, which must be really a little distinct.

Fassbender was fantastic in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds, and we’ll all presumably get to understand him a great deal greater upcoming yr when he will take on the purpose of Magneto in X-Men: Initial Class.

This iteration of Jane Eyre is directed by Cary Fukunaga, whose feature-length directorial debut came in 2009 together with the critically-acclaimed Sin Nombre. I just like the willingness he is displaying to go in fully distinct directions thus far, if nothing else. Tackling a period piece like this can be nothing at all to sneeze at, and as you will see from the trailer below, it appears quite good in that regard.

I’ve never ever associated Charlotte Bronte’s traditional Jane Eyre with Gothic Horror (despite the odd moments within the novel) but director Cary Fukunaga has notched up the ghost tale factors greater than most in the primary trailer for his film model and there’s an unusually eerie tone right here to your oft-filmed adore account.

Previously this yr I reviewed the Blu-ray launch of Jack Clayton’s traditional horror The Innocents, and it appears to be evoking that mood over the regular corset/period/mansion romance. Also similiar may be the beautiful manufacturing layout.

I was a large fan of Funkunaga’s debut film Sin Nombre, but I did find it curious that he was to adhere to that up with Jane Eyre which had a properly good adaptation as recently as 1996 with William Harm and Charlotte Gainsbourg, but Fukunaga is advertising a ‘bold new vision’ right here and I consider he’s obtained it.

This a person feels like it is bringing one thing new on the table. It might not be as radical as I Walked Using a Zombie (a remake of Jane Eyre like a horror movie, by all accounts) but I’m intrigued.

There is a fantastic cast on this a single – Mia Wasikowska (as Jane), Michael Fassbender (as Rochester), Imogen Poots (as Blanche) with supporting turns from Judi Dench, Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins and Simon McBurney.

Concentrate Features will release the movie on March 11th, which almost certainly suggests it ain’t THAT excellent, since it couldn’t be worse placed for awards season contention.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:57 am

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/680324/surprisingly_sinister_trailer_arrives_for_jane_eyre.html

Surprisingly sinister trailer arrives for Jane Eyre

Ryan Lambie

A Jane Eyre movie? On Den Of Geek? Bear with us on this one, because the trailer is actually rather good…

Published on Nov 11, 2010

For anyone who associates the name of Charlotte Brontë's classic novel, Jane Eyre, with dreary English lessons at school or genteel Sunday evening costume dramas, the trailer for Cary Fukunaga's new adaptation will almost certainly come as a shock.

Playing up the horror/thriller undertones of the 19th century story, this is Jane Eyre filtered through the mind of Alejandro Amenábar or Dario Argento, and therefore makes it more than worthy of geek attention.

In fact, the classic, jingly tune from Argento's classic Suspiria is cheekily incorporated into a few scenes in the trailer, though we'd be extremely surprised if it made it into the finished cut of the movie itself.

The adaptation stars newcomer Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre, the girl of humble origins who works as a governess for the wealthy and faintly sinister Edward Rochester (Michael Fassbender, in magnificent sideburns), and apparently features lots of shouting, creaking doors, and Dame Judi Dench.

Whether the finished film will live up to the creepy brilliance of this trailer remains to be seen, but it's certainly got our attention, at the very least.

Jane Eyre is due for release next year.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:59 pm

http://andygaudion93.wordpress.com/2010/11/11/trailer-for-new-jane-eyre-adaptation/

Trailer for new ‘Jane Eyre’ adaptation!
Filed under: Film News by andygaudion93
November 11, 2010

This seems to have appeared out of no where as I didn’t have any previous knowledge of a new film version of Charlotte Bronte’s classic novel Jane Eyre. Well apparently there is and the first trailer has been released.

The movie (and novel) follows the life of Jane Eyre (here played by Alice in Wonderland’s Mia Wasikowska) from her childhood as an orphan living with her abusive aunt and cousins to where she meets and falls in love with Mr. Rochester (Centurion’s Michael Fassbender) who hides a dark secret close to home.

The trailer doesn’t seem to have appeared on YouTube which is a pain so let me give you a link to a site with the trailer on: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810161778/trailer

The movie certainly looks like it’s playing up on the supernatural elements of the novel, which is an approach we haven’t really seen before. The cast as well are very talented, as long with the two leads the film also features Sally Hawkins as Aunt Reed, Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax and Jamie Bell as St. John among others.

The new movie is directed by Cary Funkunaga (Sin Nombre) and has an 11th March 2011 set for the US but nothing for the UK as of yet. Which is a bit strange really.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:03 pm

http://www.filmjunk.com/2010/11/11/jane-eyre-trailer-starring-mia-wasikowska-and-michael-fassbender/

Jane Eyre Trailer Starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender
Posted by Sean on November 11th, 2010

I have to admit, I tend to avoid period dramas like the plague, but the thing that drew me to this new retelling of Jane Eyre was the director, Cary Fukunaga. Last year he gave us the Sundance hit Sin Nombre, which I was a big fan of, and I was curious to see what he might bring to a story that has been told on screen a million times before. Of course, the cast also caught my attention: Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) takes on the title character while Michael Fassbender plays the love interest Edward Rochester. Jamie Bell, Judi Dench and Sally Hawkins all have supporting roles as well.

Based on the classic novel by Charlotte Brontë, the story revolves around a young orphan who is abused by her family at home and classmates at school. When she gets older, she accepts a job as a governess, and finds herself attracted to her employer only to discover he is hiding an unfortunate secret. The trailer looks fairly dark and gothic without being too over the top, and although it’s not really my thing, it is something I could see myself checking out eventually. Jane Eyre hits select theatres on March 11th; check out the trailer after the jump and see what you think.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:17 pm

http://www.ethiopianreview.com/et/16022

Jane Eyre Trailer: Not Your Regular Period Snoozefest

BuzzSugar.com | November 10th, 2010 at 10:30 am |

At first glance, you might write off Jane Eyre as just another classic novel adapted for the big screen. It has all the requirements: romance, muted colors, a bullheaded heroine, Dame Judi Dench. But like Charlotte Brontë's literary work, the movie's preview has a dark spirit (and threatening music to boot). Boring period film this isn't. In fact, it's kind of spooky.

Mia Wasikowska stars as Jane, a young governess under the frosty Edward Rochester (Michael Fassbender). While in his employ, Jane experiences several mysterious occurrences in the house, giving the film its horror edge. If you've read the book, you know the source of the unexplained phenomena; if you haven't, perhaps you're better left surprised. Watch the trailer when you read more.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:45 pm

http://screenrant.com/jane-eyre-trailer-pauly-87313/

Jane Eyre Trailer is a Dark and Moody Classic

Do you like this story?

The first trailer for the newest version of Charolette Bronte’s Victorian era story ‘Jane Eyre’ is now online and this latest attempt appears to be darker than previous installments.

Jane Eyre trailer starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender

Since 1910, twenty-one different versions of Jane Eyre have graced the big and small screen. The story about a girl growing up in the Victorian era by 19th Century novelist Charlotte Bronte is a classic tale that speaks to the morality of right and wrong – and provides a criticism on society that still ring true today.

Today, we’ve got a new trailer for the twenty-second interpretation of Jane Eyre – which features an especially dark and moody take on the story.

Next spring, director Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) – whose filmography includes mostly short and indie films up to this point – teams up with Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class) to try his hand at retelling the timeless story.

Bronte’s novel was originally in five acts – following the intrepid young lady, Jane, as a child growing up at Gateshead, her education at the Lowood School, her time as governess at Thornfield Hall, her time spent with the Rivers family, and ending with her reunion with Mr. Rochester.

Judging by the trailer, Fukunaga’s Jane Eyre seems to follow the novel closely and while, at times, that can be a problem, it appears as though Fukunaga’s strict interpretation might pay-off:

Watch the trailer in HD HERE.

Jane Eyre stars Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell (The Eagle), Imogen Poots (Centurion), and Dame Judi Dench (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) as Mrs. Fairfax. The screenplay was written by Moira Buffini whose most recent offering, Tamara Drewe, received respectable marks in our review by Mike Eisenberg. It appears that Buffini and Fukanaga are using the darker side of Jane Eyre to share their view on the story.

Mia Wasikowska looks to be brilliant as Jane and Michael Fassbender could solidify himself as a serious dramatic actor in the role of the unscrupulous Edward Rochester.

Mia Wasikowska stars as Jane Eyre

With few exceptions, when translating a modern novel by authors such as Dan Brown (Angels and Demons), Tom Clancy (Patriot Games), or Stephen King (Pet Sematary), writers and directors must make heavy changes to the story and dialogue for a film to work. That isn’t the case for classic novels where following the story almost precisely usually results in a much better movie – the one exception to this would be J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings.

Although the mere mention of reading Jane Eyre usually causes most guys to turn their noses up, I was required to read it for an 11th grade assignment – and I’m glad I finished it. There are timeless tales out there by the likes of Dickens, Melville, Twain, Carroll, Orwell, Tolstoy, Hemingway, and countless others that all lend themselves well to multiple retellings in various formats (film, stage, TV) and Jane Eyre is certainly one of them.

Jane Eyre tells a dark tale in theaters March 11th, 2011.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 pm

http://www.7tmd.com/top-free-movies/it%E2%80%99s-here-trailer-for-cary-fukunaga%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cjane-eyre%E2%80%9D.html

IT’S HERE! TRAILER FOR CARY FUKUNAGA’S “JANE EYRE”

Jane Eyre OnesheetIs it open yet? Can it be open already? Please? Pretty please?

Yes, I’m vagrant for open for great reason. you promise. That reason? Cary Fukunaga’s follow up to Sin Nombre (review). A take upon a important Charlotte Brontë romance. Jane Eyre stars Mia Wasikowska as Jane, a “mousy” governess, as well as Michael Fassbender as her dear Rochester along with Judi Dench, Jamie Bell as well as Sally Hawkins in an collection of ancillary roles.

I was already penetrating upon saying a movie as well as a recover of a beautiful poster, seen to a right, yesterday appearance my meddlesome as well as now, discerning upon a heels of a print release, you get a trailer for a prolongation which facilities all you could have longed for as well as more. Lots of grey, a small melodrama, a bit of poser as well as sufficient Fassbender in duration drab to have me grin from ear to ear.

You’d improved hold which Michael O’Connor, who won an Oscar for his dress pattern in The Duchess (review), will be a front curtain nonetheless again in 2011. As for a make use of of a Goblins’ Suspiria thesis during a beginning…an peculiar though in effect touch.

Jane Eyre opens Mar 11, 2011. Not shortly enough.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:19 am

http://lostinreviews.com/2010/11/lipjaneeyre/

Lost in Previews: Jane Eyre
by Sarah on November 11th, 2010 // Filed Under » Lost in Previews

SO EXCITED! Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books. I think everyone in high school has had to read the book. I also had to read the book for English, but I was way ahead of everyone else in our chapter assignments. I love the romance in it, even though some people might find it a bit creepy. This new movie version of Jane Eyre stars Mia Wasikowska as Jane and Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester. The trailer tries to play on the supernatural elements of the book. I have read other websites’ posts on this trailer and they were a bit confused about the trailer featuring these “scary” scenes. They are in the book. This movie seems to be playing more on the gloominess of Mr. Rochester’s Thornfield Hall.

Jane Eyre also stars Jaime Bell, Judi Dench, Tamzin Merchant, Sally Hawkins, Imogen Poots, and Simon McBurney.

I would highly recommend the book. If you want to watch a good movie version of Jane Eyre, I would suggest the 2006 Masterpiece Theatre adaptation starring Ruth Wilson and Toby Stephens.

I cannot wait (again) for Jane Eyre to be in theatres March 11, 2011.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:56 am

http://www.themoviejournal.com/the-latest-jane-eyre-stars-renowned-actress-mia-wasikowska.html

The latest Jane Eyre stars renowned actress Mia Wasikowska
November 11th, 2010 by admin

Charlotte Bronte’s novel Jane Eyre has been adapted for movie and Television really a bit—this IMDB search returns 22 results—but it really is about to obtain an additional rendition. This newest version attributes Mia Wasikowska inside the title position, and Michael Fassbender as Edward.

Wasikowska seems to be like she’s correctly parlaying her starring function in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland into some interestingly diverse elements, although this too is an oft-realized literary character. She’ll also be in Restless next yr, which really should be very a bit different.

Fassbender was fantastic in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds, and we’ll all presumably get to know him a great deal much better up coming season when he will take on the purpose of Magneto in X-Men: First Class.

This iteration of Jane Eyre is directed by Cary Fukunaga, whose feature-length directorial debut came in 2009 with the critically-acclaimed Sin Nombre. I such as the willingness he is exhibiting to go in fully diverse directions thus far, if practically nothing else. Tackling a period piece like this really is nothing to sneeze at, and as you’ll see in the trailer below, it appears to be like fairly very good in that regard.

I’ve in no way linked Charlotte Bronte’s classic Jane Eyre with Gothic Horror (in spite of the odd moments within the novel) but director Cary Fukunaga has notched up the ghost account factors greater than most in the primary trailer for his film model and there is an unusually eerie tone here to the oft-filmed adore account.

Earlier this calendar year I reviewed the Blu-ray release of Jack Clayton’s classic horror The Innocents, and it appears to be evoking that mood through the regular corset/period/mansion romance. Also similiar would be the stunning production layout.

I was a big fan of Funkunaga’s debut film Sin Nombre, but I did locate it curious that he was to abide by that up with Jane Eyre which had a flawlessly high-quality adaptation as not long ago as 1996 with William Damage and Charlotte Gainsbourg, but Fukunaga is marketing a ‘bold new vision’ here and I feel he’s obtained it.

This a person feels like it is bringing a thing new to the table. It may not be as radical as I Walked With a Zombie (a remake of Jane Eyre as being a horror movie, by all accounts) but I’m intrigued.

There is a terrific cast in this 1 – Mia Wasikowska (as Jane), Michael Fassbender (as Rochester), Imogen Poots (as Blanche) with supporting turns from Judi Dench, Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins and Simon McBurney.

Concentrate Characteristics will release the video on March 11th, which most likely implies it ain’t THAT very good, because it couldn’t be worse positioned for awards season contention.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 pm

http://www.blogandsqualor.com/2010/11/late-night-trailers-jane-eyre.html

Friday, November 12, 2010
Late Night Trailers: Jane Eyre
I'm not going to lie, I was sort of waiting for M. to get around to this, since the Merchant Ivory type period piece is a tad more up her alley than it is mine. Also, I feel a little bit like a hypocrite extolling the merits of Jane Eyre, a book which I once wrote off in a college paper titled "I Don't Believe in Desolate Fairies" (I can't remember what the full title was) as the piece of frothy nineteenth century chick-lit (it is, indeed, part of a class of 'governess' novels that was quite popular in that time) that had since been canonized as a classic. My argument was, in part, that it was both ironic and ridiculous that we raised authors like the Brontes up while haughtily scoffing about the state of our own pop fiction. Jane Eyre, in my paper, was akin to Bridget Jones or Devil Wears Prada. Yes, yes, shake your head and disagree with me. Whatever. In actuality, while I don't fawn over Jane Eyre, I find it a relatively enjoyable old gothic romance and would prefer it nearly any day over the works of that woman I have a much bigger beef with (Jane Austen. I don't want to hear it. Don't even start.). I will be seeing this film adaptation for sure, as it would seem Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) has amped up the dark atmosphere and made it a grand old time on the moors. Throw some of Goblin's Suspiria score in there, give me some Michael Fassbender, some Dame Judi Dench (she's a badass), and I'm a happy camper.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:39 pm

http://hollywoodonlineindia.blogspot.com/2010/11/trailer-park-jane-eyer-teaser-and.html

Trailer Park: “Jane Eyer” teaser and a longer “TRON” clip
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 , Posted by Hollywood Unlimited at 9:21 PM

When it rains exclusive footage, it pours.

But why stop there? Even more trailers are pouring onto the Web, teasing some anticipated holiday titles and looking ahead to 2011 dramas, as well.

And then there’s a new trailer for Cary Fukunaga’s “Jane Eyre” adaptation, which just teased its first poster and wisely follows up with an extended clip while the buzz is still fresh. The period tale stars Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench and Sally Hawkins in the oft-told story of an estranged girl enchanted by the secrets of a mysterious man. The clip is haunting. Here’s hoping the full feature maintains that mood.

“TRON: Legacy” will be in theaters on Dec. 17, while “Jane Eyre” opens on March 11, 2011.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:40 pm

http://www.theopinionatedb.com/2010/11/trailer-review-jane-eyre.html

Trailer Review: Jane Eyre
Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Release Date: March 11, 2011

Starring: Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Judi Dench, Sally Hawkins, Jamie Bell, Imogen Poots

My Review: It’s no secret that I love a good literary adaptation period drama. So it is with nerd girl pride that I look forward to the release of the umpteenth incarnation of Charlotte Brontë’s gothic love story, Jane Eyre.

Much like any of the novels by Jane Austen, Jane Eyre is a story that has been turned into more movies and TV miniseries than I can count (including one featuring a young Anna Paquin as Young Jane). Each version presents the material in varying degrees of depth, but at its core, the story is always the same: See Jane have horrible childhood. See Jane finally find happiness as a governess. See Jane fall in love with the broody and mysterious Mr. Rochester. See everything go spectacularly insane.

The trailer for this new telling of Jane Eyre hits all the right notes in setting the tone for the movie: dark, morose, and…foggy. However, there are a couple of things that make me raise an eyebrow; specifically, Mia Wasikowska (playing Jane) isn’t British and Michael Fassbender (also not British, but at least European) is way too handsome to play the “not beautiful, according to rule” Mr. Rochester. But Judi Dench is there, too, which sort of evens everything out.

Would I Pay For It?: Well, I would, but the bigger question is, would anyone else?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:53 am

http://technorati.com/videos/article/jane-eyre-gets-creepy-gothic-adaptation/

Jane Eyre Gets Creepy Gothic Adaptation in 2011
Author: Bryan McKay
Published: November 12, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre has been adapted countless times for both film and television, but Cary Fukunaga's upcoming version looks to be the most faithful thus far to the novel's roots in the Gothic. Fukunaga, who previously helmed Sundance award winner Sin Nombre, seems to have approached the material with an eye for the spookier elements of the story.

Mia Wasikowska stars in the titular role with Michael Fassbender taking on the part of Mr. Rochester. This looks quite promising for both fans of the novel and newcomers alike. Jane Eyre opens on March 11, 2011.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:43 pm

http://unevielleame.blogspot.com/2010/11/you-transfix-me-quite.html

Saturday, November 13, 2010
"You Transfix Me Quite"
SO excited! The trailer for the new Jane Eyre has been released. I have been uncertain about this adaptation which features Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) as Jane and Michael Fassbender as Rochester. Most adaptations have a tendency to tone down the Gothic and turn up the cheesy romance. After viewing the preview however, I am quite optimistic about the take on this new version. They seem to be leaning towards a more thriller approach with plenty of action. Rochester seems more intense than his predecessors... and rightly so. Toby Stephens, Rochester in the 2006 TV mini-series, played the part well, but lacked the violent intensity that the character was apt to show- "his look [is] that of a man who is just about to burst an insufferable bond and plunge headlong into wild licence" (ch 27). Sounds like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Dame Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax just thrills me to death! I have ALWAYS thought that the role was made for her. Sally Hawkins as the Mrs. Reed threw me back a bit for I associate her with the somewhat timid role of Anne Elliot in Persuasion; but I am sure she can muster up the evilness for the aunt figure. This will not be the end all be all to Jane Eyre adaptations due to the time limitations of a theatrical movie, but I do believe the fresh angle will do wonders for Charlotte's timeless classic. And I am about as giddy as a school girl in anticipation.

written by Marie around 3:27 PM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:54 pm

http://auntienettiesattic.blogspot.com/2010/11/coming-soon-to-fine-arts-theater-near.html

Saturday, November 13, 2010
Coming Soon, to a Fine Arts Theater near you
"I am coming: wait for me ...
Where are you?"

The latest film adaptation of Jane Eyre

Directed by indie filmmaker Cary Fukunaga, featuring Mia Wasikowska as Jane; Dame Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax; Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester; Jamie Bell as St. John Rivers; and an almost unrecognizable Sally Hawkins as Mrs. Reed

I already like this so much better than some of the other cinematic adaptations of this novel (ie. the 2006 BBC miniseries version), so what does that tell you?

One slight problem? I recently read Jane Slayre (a genre mashup ala Pride and Prejudice and Zombies) and as I was watching, I kept waiting for the vampires and zombies to make their appearance. Whoops.
Posted by Auntie Nettie at Saturday, November 13, 2010
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:22 pm

http://www.thekingbulletin.com/2010/11/13/mia-wasikowska-in-jane-eyre-trailer/

Mia Wasikowska in ‘Jane Eyre’ Trailer
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 8:43 pm by Danny King in the Videos category

At this point, I’m skeptical about the potential of Cary Fukunaga’s (Sin Nombre) version of Jane Eyre. While the cast — which includes Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Sally Hawkins, and Judi Dench — couldn’t seem to be more perfectly assembled, screenwriter Moira Buffini has only one feature credit to date (Tamara Drewe), which makes me question how many risks the script will take in its adaptation. The trailer released by Yahoo emphasizes the more thrilling elements to the story, which I think is a good marketing ploy because I have doubts about how the film’s pacing will hold up. Jane Eyre opens on March 11.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:24 pm

http://eldritchhobbit.livejournal.com/317436.html

** In other news, I'm quite intrigued by the new official trailer for 2011's Jane Eyre, starring Michael Fassbender, Judi Dench, and Alice in Wonderland's Mia Wasikowska as Jane. It looks like the film may emphasize the gothic aspects of the story, rather than just focusing on the period romance. If so, that's very refreshing. I look forward to seeing it.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:09 pm

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/820369/Jane-Eyre-trailer-premieres

Mia Wasikowska Is Jane Eyre

* Posted on Nov 15, 2010 12:18 PM by Sasha Perl-Raver

The highly anticipated trailer for the Mia Wasikowska-starring Jane Eyre has premiered and SheKnows has it!

Jane Eyre

At the 2009 Sundance Film Festival, Cary Fukunaga made a triumphant debut with his first feature, Sin Nombre. Winning both the Directing Award and Excellence in Cinematography Award, the film is a harrowing, haunting tale of unexpected beauty that explores the desire for love and trust, the meaning and yearning for the comfort of family, both actual and chosen, and how far human beings are willing to go in the hope of creating a better life for themselves and those they care about.

Written and directed by Fukunaga, Sin Nombre was stunning, haunting filmmaking. Focus Features quickly snatched up the film and the young -- and, it must be mentioned, very handsome -- director, smartly signing him to a three picture deal.

His next film, Jane Eyre bows in theaters on March 11, 2011, and, having just watched the trailer, what we can’t figure out is why it isn’t being released in time for Oscar consideration.

Starring Alice in Wonderland and The Kids Are All Right scene-stealer Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre, a governess whose life is fraught with romance and tragedy, the diabolically sexy Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds, Fish Tank) as Jane’s employer, Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax, Jamie Bell as St. John and Sally Hawkins as Mrs. Reed, the film is a new adaptation of Emily Bronte’s classic novel that’s much darker and more gothic than audiences may expect.

Mia Wasikowska is Jane Eyre

In a 2009 interview, Fukunaga said, "I’ve spent a lot of time rereading the book and trying to feel out what Charlotte Bronte was feeling when she was writing it. That sort of spookiness that plagues the entire story... there’s been something like 24 adaptations, and it’s very rare that you see those sorts of darker sides. They treat it like it’s just a period romance, and I think it’s much more than that. It’s all about tension and creating that sense of horror underneath."

Sinister and seductive, we can’t wait to see what Fukunaga does with the classic story and where his career goes next. He’s definitely a talent to keep your eyes on.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 pm

http://myhollywoodbites.blogspot.com/2010/11/trailer-for-cary-fukunagas-jane-eyre.html

Monday, November 15, 2010
The Trailer for Cary Fukunaga's "Jane Eyre" Debuts...This Calls for Spicy Tuna Tartar!
At the 2009 Sundance Film Festival, Cary Fukunaga made a triumphant debut with his first feature, "Sin Nombre," winning both the Directing Award and Excellence in Cinematography Award. Written and directed by Fukunaga, every frame was stunning, haunting filmmaking. Focus Features quickly snatched up the film and the young--and, it must be mentioned, very handsome—director, smartly signing him to a three picture deal.

His next film, "Jane Eyre" bows in theaters on March 11, 2011, and, having just watched the trailer, what I can't figure out is why it isn't being released in time for Oscar consideration.

Starring Alice in Wonderland and The Kids Are All Right’s Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre, a governess whose life is fraught with romance and tragedy, the diabolically sexy Michael Fassbender ("Inglorious Basterds," "Fish Tank") as Jane's employer, Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax, Jamie Bell as St. John and Sally Hawkins as Mrs. Reed, the film is a new adaptation of Emily Bronte's classic novel that's much darker and more gothic than audiences may expect.

In a 2009 interview, Fukunaga said, "I've spent a lot of time rereading the book and trying to feel out what Charlotte Bronte was feeling when she was writing it. That sort of spookiness that plagues the entire story... there's been something like 24 adaptations, and it's very rare that you see those sorts of darker sides. They treat it like it's just a period romance, and I think it's much more than that. It's all about tension and creating that sense of horror underneath."

Sinister and seductive, I can't wait to see what Fukunaga's second offering and career goes next. He's definitely a talent to keep your eyes on.

Speaking of eyes, sorry if it's pervy, but can I just say again how easy on the eyes Mr. Fukunaga is? He shares a magical Keanu Reeves/Joseph Gordon-Levitt Eurasian quality.

In honor of his Japanese heritage (on his father's side) and his overall caliente-ness, how's about some...

Spicy Tuna Tartar on Cucumber Rounds

1/2 lb Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna, finely chopped
1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise, the full fat kind (the low fat versions are far too sweet for this recipe)
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon (or more to taste) chili garlic paste (usually found in the Asian food aisle of most major supermarkets, Red Rooster is a great brand to look for, Sriracha tends to be too sweet)
1 bunch chives (approx 5-6 tablespoons), finely snipped or chopped
2 tablespoons black sesame seed
2 Japanese cucumbers
Additional chives and sesame seeds for garnish

Finely chop tuna. This can be done either with some patience and good knife work or by pulsing the fish in a food processor. But be careful not to make tuna paste, you want the tuna to retain its texture.

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except cucumbers.

Mix well, cover and refrigerate while prepping cucumbers.

Wash cucumbers and slice into ½ inch rounds, thick enough to support a small mound of tuna.

Remove tuna from fridge.

Now, you can either go the Lazy Man’s Route (which I’m a big fan of) and put tuna in a decorative bowl surrounded by cucumber slices (think of it as Nouveau Riche Chips and Dip) and garnish, or you can go the extra mile and top each cucumber round with a small helping of spicy tuna and top with snipped chives and sesame seeds.

For the experts, tuna can be topped with cucumbers (cut in long, thin strips rather than rounds), daikon sprouts and avocado, wrapped in seaweed and sushi rice, and rolled to make maki or handrolls.
Posted by Sasha Perl-Raver at 5:36 PM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 pm

http://fromfilmstofrocks.blogspot.com/2010/11/jane-eyre-trailer-out.html

Friday, November 12, 2010
JANE EYRE TRAILER OUT!
Stunning trailer, and I have a feeling that this will be the long-awaited definitive version of Jane Eyre. It's directed by Cary Fukunaga, his second feature after the critically acclaimed debut "Sin Nombre" (which just entered my Netflix queue). Observations after the jump...

1:52: I love that wide-shot angle of Jane being restrained. In-tense. 1:44 A hint of the supernatural! Love it. The novel continually references ghosts and goblins, elves and corpses, so I'm glad they included it in the film's tone. 1:40 Sally Hawkins is too gentle-looking for Mrs. Reed but I'm sure she will kick ass. She is ubiquitous nowadays, btw. 1:18 Mr. Rochester!!!! 1:11 His manner is very brusque. Excellent. I never liked Toby Stephen's oily delivery in the 2006 miniseries. :56 Sexual tension, um, yes. Pause to fan myself. :49 Blanche Ingram admittedly does not look like a statuesque goddess. She looks like a brunette Taylor Momsen. :38 Jane gets all feisty at Mr. Rochester. I hope it will be a continuous theme throughout the movie instead of that one obligatory explosion as all past adaptations have seen it. Don't forget her sauciness! :31 Michael Fassbender has a nicer ass than I do and I resent him for it. :21 Jamie Bell!!! :20 More kissing, yay. The novel has always been absolutely sexy despite its demureness. :19 Love, love Mia's gaze flickering upwards. It would have been criminal to under-use those expansive eyes. Also at :19 Bertha, ouch. :16 That shot of the fire is very dream-like... :11 What is with his eyes??

The first moments of the trailer featuring Jane's childhood is really quite intense and creepy-psychological isn't it? It could have been made into a separate movie about children at a mental institution.

The trailer is a bit jarring because it jumps awkwardly between the scary-action scenes ("I know what I saw!" "It must have been half-dream, half-reality") to romantic premise ("Miss Ingram is a great favorite of his!"). Nevertheless, I'm so happy that the desires I expressed in my other Jane Eyre blog post for the adaptation came true. The trailer made it clear that this is first and foremost a portrait of Jane, NOT Mr. Rochester, and promises to amp up the gothic tone/intensity of the novel as well. While reading other blogs' take on the trailer, I saw titles like Bright Star and the 2006 Keira Knightley version of Pride and Prejudice being mentioned, and I'm sure both were influential. Each individual shot is a stunner and will definitely service the story in its own way. The shot of the beetle crawling over the book page was particularly creepy. Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender seem perfect together and she is almost exactly how I pictured Jane.

SO excited.

Stare at the screencaps of these lovely shots over at My New Plaid Pants.

Posted by Stella at 5:39 PM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:27 pm

http://notesandsojourns.blogspot.com/2010/11/movie-jane-eyre.html

Thursday, November 11, 2010
{Movie} Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre, starring Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowaska, will be released in March 2011.
So excited for this movie to come out - it looks eerie and beautiful and it is one of my favorite stories of all time. In fact, I wish it were out now so I could curl up in bed and watch it with a big mug of tea. AND it also features Dame Judi Dench - you really can't get a better cast. (Also I think Michael Fassbender is extremely attractive.)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum