Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Jane Eyre trailer comments

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jane Eyre trailer comments

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:49 pm

http://texasbywayofindiana.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-jane-eyre.html

Tuesday, November 16, 2010
new jane eyre!

did you know about this? how come no one told me about this?!?

there is a new jane eyre movie coming out this spring. i'm dying of excitement! i love the charlotte gainsbourg one, even if she's strangely creepy in it. this one should be good with the girl from alice in wonderland. it also has that michael fassbender guy in it from inglorious basterds. i'm excited!

here's the link for the trailer!

i'm so excited that judi dench is in it. i still feel like she's my best friend thanks to as time goes by. that is so beyond my favorite show of all time. i'm such a loser, as is ramsey creepay, for watching all like 10 seasons of that show. i love old bbc miniseries!

credit
Posted by hatley at 4:43 PM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:42 am

http://voxpopvanguard.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/jane-eyre-trailer-and-poster-and-extras/

Jane Eyre: Trailer and Poster and Extras
Posted on November 17, 2010 by voxpopvanguard

A few short days ago the trailer for the upcoming film adaptation of Charlotte Bronte’s classic novel Jane Eyre surfaced on the internets. The source, which has been adapted many a time for film and television (I myself have seen the Charlotte Gainsbourg version directed by Franco Zeffirelli), is helmed by director Cary Fukunaga in this iteration and stars Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (Hunger, Inglourious Basterds).

Trailer and Surprises after the break:

Normally not a period piece sort of fella, I am usually left with a bad taste after watching films that take place prior 20th century (and I also realize it is in poor taste to have such as general prejudice) as I find their usual revelry in the decadent rather off-putting.

But I am coming at this adaptation with a newfound, and possibly naive, enthusiasm as a replacement for disinterest. There are many a factor which in this instance have caused an abrupt swaying of opinion. Some of these are as follows: Cary Fukunaga’s prior film Sin Nombre was amazing and a definite calling card for an upcoming talent, Michael Fassbender is usually brilliant and has never done anything I would call average let alone nearing bad, and Mia Wasikowska is a great novice talent.

FUN FACT: One piece of retrofitted music featured in the trailer (starting at 0:27) comes from Goblin’s score for Dario Argento’s horror masterpiece Susperia. I don’t know if this is saying something about the tone of the film, but any peripheral shout out to the under-appreciated Italian film is fine by me.

Along with the trailer for Jane Eyre I’m also posting the trailer for Fukunaga’s film Sin Nombre and a short, featuring Wasikowska, called I Love Sarah Jane (Directed by: Spencer Susser; Written by: Spencer Susser and David Michod).

Jane Eyre
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:33 pm

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/at-the-movies/a288037/wasikowska-fassbender-in-jane-eyre.html

Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Movies
At The Movies blog header
The latest movie trailers, pictures and gossip from the world of film.

Wasikowska, Fassbender in 'Jane Eyre'
Wednesday, November 17 2010, 5:10am EST
By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre is getting the big screen treatment once again next year with some all-star acting talent. Mia Wasikowska plays the shy governess, Michael Fassbender the dashing Edward Rochester and Judi Dench, Jamie Bell, Imogen Poots and Sally Hawkins populate the supporting cast.

Hit 'play' below to watch the trailer and admire Fassbender's four-second scream of "Jane! Jaaaanne!!!" starting at 01:33.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:38 pm

http://4technoholic.blogspot.com/2010/11/jane-eyre-trailer-is-dark-and-moody.html

Jane Eyre Trailer is a Dark and Moody Classic

Jane Eyre trailer starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender

Since 1910, twenty-one different versions of Jane Eyre have graced the big and small screen. The story about a girl growing up in the Victorian era by 19th Century novelist Charlotte Bronte is a classic tale that speaks to the morality of right and wrong – and provides a criticism on society that still ring true today.

Today, we’ve got a new trailer for the twenty-second interpretation of Jane Eyre – which features an especially dark and moody take on the story.
Next spring, director Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) – whose filmography includes mostly short and indie films up to this point – teams up with Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class) to try his hand at retelling the timeless story.

Bronte’s novel was originally in five acts – following the intrepid young lady, Jane, as a child growing up at Gateshead, her education at the Lowood School, her time as governess at Thornfield Hall, her time spent with the Rivers family, and ending with her reunion with Mr. Rochester.

Judging by the trailer, Fukunaga’s Jane Eyre seems to follow the novel closely and while, at times, that can be a problem, it appears as though Fukunaga’s strict interpretation might pay-off:

Watch the trailer in HD HERE.

Jane Eyre stars Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell (The Eagle), Imogen Poots (Centurion), and Dame Judi Dench (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) as Mrs. Fairfax. The screenplay was written by Moira Buffini whose most recent offering, Tamara Drewe, received respectable marks in our review by Mike Eisenberg. It appears that Buffini and Fukanaga are using the darker side of Jane Eyre to share their view on the story.

Mia Wasikowska looks to be brilliant as Jane and Michael Fassbender could solidify himself as a serious dramatic actor in the role of the unscrupulous Edward Rochester.

Mia Wasikowska stars as Jane Eyre

With few exceptions, when translating a modern novel by authors such as Dan Brown (Angels and Demons), Tom Clancy (Patriot Games), or Stephen King (Pet Sematary), writers and directors must make heavy changes to the story and dialogue for a film to work. That isn’t the case for classic novels where following the story almost precisely usually results in a much better movie – the one exception to this would be J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings.

Although the mere mention of reading Jane Eyre usually causes most guys to turn their noses up, I was required to read it for an 11th grade assignment – and I’m glad I finished it. There are timeless tales out there by the likes of Dickens, Melville, Twain, Carroll, Orwell, Tolstoy, Hemingway, and countless others that all lend themselves well to multiple retellings in various formats (film, stage, TV) and Jane Eyre is certainly one of them.

Jane Eyre tells a dark tale in theaters March 11th, 2011.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:36 pm

http://cinema-architecture.blogspot.com/2010/11/fukunagas-jane-eyre-in-select-cinemas.html

Friday, 19 November 2010
Fukunaga's JANE EYRE in select cinemas March 11, 2011

Mia Wasikowska ('Alice in Wonderland') and Michael Fassbender ('Inglourious Basterds') star in the romantic drama based on Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel, from acclaimed director Cary Fukunaga ('Sin Nombre'). In the story, Jane Eyre flees Thornfield House, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. As she reflects upon the people and emotions that have defined her, it is clear that the isolated and imposing residence – and Mr. Rochester’s coldness – have sorely tested the young woman’s resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. She must now act decisively to secure her own future and come to terms with the past that haunts her – and the terrible secret that Mr. Rochester is hiding and that she has uncovered...

Also starring Dame Judi Dench, Sally Hawkins and Jamie Bell.

I am re-reading Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre, as Cary Fukunaga's take on it should be released sometime in 2011 (in select theatres on March 11), soon according to the trailer above. Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Alice in Wonderland) as Jane, with some fantastic actors such as Jamie Bell, Judi Dench, Michael Fassbender,Sophie Ward, and many others. Is Mia too pretty to play the part of plain Jane? Some people would say, yes. I think that Mia has a kind of flexible beauty, she can still be beautiful and plain.

Re-reading the book, it is clear to me that, whilst Charlotte Brontë defines Jane as "... you were no beauty as a child", that is not the same that saying she was ugly. The regime of the educational establishment were she grew up meant that her manner, appearance and clothing were worked out to be plain. However, I disagree with the common assumption that she was 'plain Jane', she was not. Canons of beauty change over time, indeed in the past few years they have moved here in Britain. The book was written in the first half of the 19th century, Jane's plainness was defined within the idea of beauty of that time. Would she be considered plain nowadays?

I wrote the paragraphs above months ago. Judging from the trailer, I think that Mia Wasikowska has managed to pull a very believable and strong Jane Eyre. Charlotte Brontë did not say that Jane was ugly, just plain ; Mia has managed to portray herself as a plain woman, in spite of her natural beauty (although I have read reviews of Alice in Wonderland describing her as an “insipid blonde”, whatever does that mean).

Trailer and stills © Focus Features

Posted by Pablo Luis González-Rueda at 11:45
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:22 pm

http://movies4me.wordpress.com/2010/11/21/trailer-round-up/

JANE EYRE, is a novel that I’ve never read. I know nothing about it other than the assumption that it is in-fact about a woman named Jane Eyre. So, having said that (and embarassingly outed myself as uncultured), let me tell you what this trailer tells me about the story.

That it’s effing amazing. That THE OTHERS, THE SIXTH SENSE, possibly FATAL ATTRACTION, and who knows what else, are all a cheap knock-off of this amazing looking story. Of course part of that is helped by who is involved. Most apparent are the skills of performers Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender. Also showing up are people like Jamie Bell, Judi Dench and Sally Hawkins. Then there’s the people behind the camera that make this a definite must-see, even if this trailer wasn’t as amazing as it is. First up is director, Cary Fukunaga. Who I’ve talked about before with his movie SIN NOMBRE (or maybe I didn’t. Either way, it’s amazing).

The look here is gothic and Victorian to the max. It’s reserved, it’s cold and barren; and best of all it’s scary as hell. Then there’s screenwriter Moira Buffini, who currently has another movie making the rounds called TAMARA DREWE, which while I haven’t seen; I have heard nearly nothing but good things about. Seeing this trailer really threw me off-guard. I was not expecting the quality, or the experience that I got from it.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:28 pm

http://clairepacker.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/first-look-jane-eyre/

First Look: Jane Eyre

November 23rd, 2010 § Leave a Comment

TRAILER RELEASED FOR JANE EYRE (2011)

I really, really hope this will be released in the UK though, rather cryptically, there is currently only an American release date and it will only be released in ‘select’ cinemas.

My reasons why I want to see it are three-fold:
1. Though I have not read the book, I have seen theatrical performaces and other adaptations of Jane Eyre and thoroughly enjoyed them.
2. Her performance in Alice in Wonderland was great and I look forward to seeing Mia Wasikowska in something a little different.
3. I have a slight, ahem, crush on the lovely Michael Fassbender.

Jane Eyre, written by Charlotte Brontë, is a fascinating story of a young woman who faces extreme challenges during her life, arguably the largest of which presents itself in the form of Edward Rochester. A mysterious and brooding character, Rochester and Jane have an intricate relationship.

This adaptation, from director Cary Fukunaga, promises to enleash the darker and more pyschological aspects of the story to the silver screen. The trailer looks intriguing and Rochester (Fassbender) looks slightly frightening and disturbed.

I can’t wait.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:29 pm

http://www.holdontoyrgenre.com/2010/11/trailer-park-oh-hai-march-2011.html

Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Trailer Park: Oh hai, March 2011
I've grown accustom to the fact that no good or interesting movies come out around my birthday in February. But March of next year is not looking so bad.

The font in the trailer needs to go, but everything else is fine. Michael Fassbender, Goblin, the red room scene, St. John (who I don't like in the novel, but for some reason I'm excited that he's in the movie)...the fact that Rochester is given the demon eye effect from Supernatural at the end of the trailer. The fact that this adaptation is including the red room scene and the St. John storyline shows that they're at least trying to be the real deal.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:45 am

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/trailers/jane-eyre-trailer/

‘Jane Eyre’ Trailer Serves Up Classic Lit With A Dash Of Horror
By Max Evry | November 10, 2010 |

No, this is not the trailer for “Sleepy Hollow 2: Sleepy Harder.” This is Charlotte Bronte’s much-adapted old chestnut of a novel, “Jane Eyre,” brought to new spooky life with the aid of goth-girl supreme Mia Wasikowska.

As the titular heroine, the “Alice in Wonderland” starlet has landed corset-first into a big puddle of romance and intrigue at Thornfield Hall, where she catches the fancy of the foreboding, enigmatic Edward Rochester.

While Mr. Rochester is played by the terrific Michael Fassbender (“300″, “Inglourious Basterds”) — who has proven himself capable when confronting Persians and Nazis – in this setting, he has a haunting secret which may thwart his plans to marry the young governess Jane.

Though this is something like the 15th filmed version of Bronte’s novel, it is one of the only ones to account for the subtle gothic horror elements in the book. In particular, check out Fassbender’s eyes at the end. They’re totally creepy!

Moira Buffini’s script was a notable champion of 2008′s Brit List, a vote of England’s best unproduced screenplays, and the film is directed by Cary Fukunaga, who won mad praise for last year’s border-crossing indie “Sin Nombre.” Also getting in on this Victorian jibberjabber is Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins, and what BBC adaptation of a well-worn novel would be complete without Judi Dench?

“Jane Eyre” will scare the tea and crumpets out of you on March 11, 2011.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:12 pm

http://www.hirideyo.com/journal/iris/2010/11/27/jane_eyre_2011

27 November 2010
Jane Eyre 2011 - Cannot wait!!! Very Happy
Written by Iris Watts Hirideyo ( Contact the author of this post )
Published on November 27th, 2010 @ 09:15:30 am, using 53 words, 5 views
Categories: Movies

After seeing the trailer (see it below) I have a feeling this may just be the adaptation of my dreams… Can’t believe how excited I am…
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:31 pm

http://themediawitches.blogspot.com/2010/11/coming-in-2011-jane-eyre.html

Monday, November 29, 2010
Coming in 2011: JANE EYRE

My favorite novel of all time, Jane Eyre, was tailor-made for cinematic adaptation, despite being written in an era when such art-forms were undreamt of. A rebellious orphan, cruelly ostracized, she makes her way in the world as a governess, and goes to work for a seemingly hard-hearted man of considerable wealth and not a few secrets. But the best part of the story, for me, is when Jane, overwhelmed by her situation, decides to venture into the wilderness, alone. With little more than the clothes on her back, she becomes one with the landscape, until ultimately her solitude and hardship lead her to make a life-changing decision. Now if that's not a Vision Quest, what is?

In 2011, there will be a new cinematic version of Jane Eyre, based on this popular and well-loved novel by Charlotte Bronte.

There have been many filmed versions of this story, of course. The most recent is a Masterpiece Theatre mini-series shown in 2006. Franco Zeffirelli's 1996 version starred Charlotte Gainsbourg as Jane and William Hurt as Rochester. Strange to have a Jane with a French accent, but it was wonderful nonetheless. I confess, my favorite version was the 1970 made for TV version starring Susannah York and George C. Scott: a triumph of casting with two stunning performances.

The 2011 version will be scripted by Moira Buffini (the writer for Tamara Drewe), and directed by Cary Fukunaga whose film Sin Nombre was among my favorite films of 2009). Mia Wasikowska (the daughter in The Kids are All Right) will play Jane; Rochester will be played by Michael Fassbender (who I loved in this year's historical drama Centurion). Imogen Poots (who also starred in Centurion) will play Blanche, and as Mrs. Fairfax, none other than the legendary Dame Judi Dench. It looks as thought this version may even delve into the story if Jane's relationship with St. John, a character often ignored in filmed versions of the story for some reason.

The just-released trailer is delightfully gothic and spooky, right down to a snippet of music that will be faminilar to those who have seen Dario Argento's Suspiria.

Some very exciting and intriguing films will be making their way to theatres in the next calendar year. I think these may well be of interest to pagan-minded folks, just as Jane Eyre is. I'll be looking more closely at these new films in a series over the next few weeks.
Posted by Peg at 8:54 AM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:16 pm

http://www.film.com/features/story/the-spookiest-jane-eyre-ever/42745302

The Spookiest Jane Eyre Ever
Beloved Bronte heroine Jane Eyre is back on the big screen. But how dark are they shooting for?
"Jane Eyre" (2011)

Christine Champ, Nov 29, 2010

Hard knocks, hellfire, and a haunted estate with a hideous, cackling secret ... what a magical setting for a romance! (And by magic, we mean the dark kind.)

We're alluding to the chilling Gothic period romance flick based on the Charlotte Bronte classic Jane Eyre. An orphan cast out by her callow aunt and raised in a fire-and-brimstone charity school, Eyre learns early that she's a wicked, unwanted girl. But things look brighter (well, not brighter, but a little better), when she's hired as a governess for the wealthy Mr. Rochester and discovers true love -- and Rochester's deadly secret.

Hollywood has a thing for tormented lovers and scandalous secrets, so it's no shock Jane Eyre has been adapted to film and television many times. In 1943 Robert Stevenson directed Orson Welles and Joan Fontaine as the passionate pair trapped in a sinister landscape of storms, lightning, and fire-starting fiends. In 1996, in a much more romantic, less-eerie Eyre adaptation, current True Blood fang obsession Anna Paquin played a young Jane while Charlotte Gainsbourg and William Hurt personified the lovelorn literary couple. Even Timothy Dalton took a turn at Rochester in a 1983 miniseries version of the novel.

Now Cary Fukunaga, the director that helmed Sin Nombre (a brilliant and brutal chronicle of a girl's struggle to illegally cross the U.S.-Mexico border), has decided to take a crack at it. As Jane and Rochester he's cast Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds). Period-film pro Dame Judi Dench joins them as Rochester's housekeeper Mrs. Fairfax. The trailer makes it clear love won't be the coy, giddy centerpiece of Fukunaga's film. "Do you know where the wicked go after death?" a tween Jane is asked at its opening. If the first few scenes of her childhood weren't clear enough, a caption informs us she hearkens "from a loveless past." Dickensian without the wit, Eyre's dreary, harsh early years are followed by adulthood in Rochester's grand, gloomy mansion, whirling in a tempest of fire, feverish downpour-drenched embraces, murderous phantoms, ethereal mists, horses madly galloping through ominous forests, and Jane and Rochester running to and fro in panic and passion. All of this is scored by an orchestra heartbeat that thumps at all the right moments.

Arguably, it could be the darkest Jane Eyre ever -- a shuddersome thriller romance. Fukunaga reportedly spent a lot of time rereading Bronte's book so he could fathom what she "was feeling when she was writing it. That sort of spookiness that plagues the entire story ... there's been something like 24 adaptations, and it's very rare that you see those sorts of darker sides. They treat it like it's just a period romance, and I think it's much more than that."

A spookier Jane Eyre by the formidable talent behind Sin Nombre? How can that not send shivers of anticipation down our thriller-loving spines?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:18 am

http://thebookeaterblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/jane-eyre-2011-trailer.html

Sunday, December 5, 2010
Jane Eyre 2011 Trailer
I just saw this was out... it doesn't look bad actually.

They also seem to have Blanche as a brunette- yay!
I can't say I don't look forward to another chance at seeing Michael Fassbender, although the more I read feminist literature from the late 19th and early 20th century, the more uneasy I feel about Rochester. Stories like "The Yellow Wallpaper" and essays about these "mad women" diagnosed with hysteria (code for a misbehaving female in that era), the less heroic he seems. Within the world of Bronte's book he is wonderful, but looking at him in a broad cultural context, he is less so.
Posted by Odessa at 7:50 PM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:45 am

http://honorehonorhonour.wordpress.com/2010/12/07/jane-eyre/

December 7, 2010 · 7:06 PM

Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre is one of my favorite novels. It’s been made into numerous movies and miniseries over the years, some of which have been truly great–my favorite is the recent Masterpiece Theatre 2006 production starring Ruth Wilson and sexxxxxy Toby Stephens. Well, another movie’s been made, set for a 2011 release. It stars Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender, two relatively unknown leads. The supporting cast is pretty impressive: Judi Dench plays Mrs. Fairfax (a role they are sure to play up, since she’s FREAKING JUDI DENCH), as well as Sally Hawkins as Mrs. Reed and Jamie Bell as St. John Rivers.

The trailer is pretty intense. Why does EVERY version of Jane Eyre have Mr. Rochester screaming “JAAAAANE!” like Sylvester Stallone in “Rocky”?!?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:52 am

http://watchmoviesonline7.com/watch-jane-eyre-online/

The book many of us had in high school as mandatory reading is coming to the big screen in 2011. It is a classic tale of a young woman working as a governess, how she falls in love with her employer and how a dark secret is about to destroy it all.
Charlotte Brontë wrote the novel in 1847 and it has seen more than a few movie and TV adaptations in the last century. From Elizabeth Taylor to Charlotte Gainsbourg, playing the role of Jane Eyre is a classic test in the career of any actress. The character has a tough time in the beginning of her life, forced to grow up in an orphanage and without much opportunity to take control. This toughens her nature and proves vital to take on the challenges later on. Jane Eyre comes to a conclusion that she would be happy, if she could work as a governess in a nice household. Finding this kind of work with her background is not easy, as we find out when we watch Jane Eyre online. Then, it seems faith has turned for the best and she finds work. It is in the manor of a rich man, whose wife is no longer with him and who has two children to raise. Everything seems perfect and besides being happy in her work, the relationship with her employer soon turns into something more than just professional. This role is played by Michael Fassbender, a talented young actor with German and Irish descent. The Duke of Rochester is his character and he is a mysterious man. As we watch Jane Eyre online, we ask ourselves again and again what dark secret that man is hiding. He is most cold-hearted at first, but seems to soften up as him and Jane Eyre get to know each other better. As we are being moved closer to the character, digging up stories from his past, darker questions start to appear. We don’t know if he is a good man who was suffered a personal tragedy, or someone with an evil side in his soul. Those who have read the book will not be surprised by the story, but will rather go watch Jane Eyre online to see the execution of their beloved classic. This film has to prove itself with quality, as it comes in a long line of many Jane Eyre screen adaptations and surely will be followed by many more.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:35 am

http://bronteblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/stay-off-moors.html

Saturday, December 11, 2010
Stay off the moors!

Time Out Magazine reviews the Jane Eyre 2011 trailer (a film about which Flavorwire is already excited).

There’s a telling moment a little way into this trailer for Cary Fukunaga’s forthcoming adaptation of Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel. We’ve already been treated to 30-odd seconds of rainswept burials, raging fires, little girls running along creepy corridors, black smoke pouring spectrally from fireplaces and a discussion on the nature of hell. But when the theme from Dario Argento’s ‘Suspiria’ kicks in, it suddenly becomes clear where this latest screen version is heading.

The two stories aren’t entirely dissimilar, at least aesthetically: both concern remote girls’ schools, unnerving elderly women, heavy weather and lashings of grim death. And while this doesn’t mean we’re likely to see Blanche Ingram fall into a pit of barbed wire or Mrs Fairfax turn out to be one of the Three Mothers, it does hopefully imply that Fukunaga has looked a little further afield for his influences than the usual staid BBC period fare.
The rest of the trailer – following Michael Fassbender’s Wellesian introduction on horseback – seeks to deepen the mystery, with notable nods to the likes of ‘The Others’ and ‘The Exorcist’ along with the expected ‘Gosford Park’ stately home trappings. It might all be terribly overwrought and silly, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing (as anyone who’s seen ‘Suspiria’ can attest), and there’s certainly enough in this trailer to whet our cinematic appetites while we wait for Andrea Arnold’s feverishly anticipated take on ‘Wuthering Heights’. Stay off the moors! (Tom Huddleston)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:54 am

http://iamtimeless.wordpress.com/2010/12/12/jane-eyre-trailer/

Jane Eyre trailer
Posted on December 12, 2010 by Janay| Leave a comment

I uber-pumped to see this! I really and truly hope this movie lives up to its hype. Jane Eyre is played by Mia Wasikowska and Mr. Rochester is played by Michael Fassbender. The movie comes to theaters March 11, 2011.

I have never read the book. However, I bought the Bronte sisters collection on my Amazon Kindle a couple of months ago which has Jane Eyre. I have two versions of the book adaptation and Masterpiece Theater’s version is the best!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:21 am

http://maddzslightlybookish.blogspot.com/2010/12/jane-eyre-makes-me-sleepy.html

Saturday, December 18, 2010
Jane Eyre Makes Me Sleepy
Hey Readers,

I'm home-schooled, you should know, and one thing I do for my schoolwork is read a classic book. I've read a bunch, but the ones I most enjoyed were...

* Around The World In Eighty Days by Jules Verne
* Anne Frank: The Diary Of A Young Girl
* 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne
* Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster
* Little Women, Little Men, and Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott

Yes, they were all lovely, some of my favorites Smile

Now, though, I'm reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte... And, well....

I'm not enjoying it. Truthfully, it's kind of boring me. A lot. To the point where, I lay down to read it, and, if I'm tired enough, I just might fall asleep. LOL!

I am comprehending what I'm reading, however, so when I saw the trailer for the new movie, starring Mia Wasikowska & Michael Fassbender (coming out in 2011!), I got sort of...excited. Somehow.

You'll see what I mean, when you watch the trailer right now...

(I wish this movie was out already, so I could watch it, instead of read the book. LOL)

Doesn't that actually look EXCITING!? And interesting!? I know! That's what I thought! I recognize a lot of parts and a lot of the lines from the book, which, you know, is impressive considering my tendency to...nap while reading it.

Anyway, I think I might actually like to go to the theaters and see it, if the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise, I'll be Netflix-ing it!

What do you guys think about the book and/or movie? Do you have any favorite classic novels? I'll be finishing Jane Eyre soon, so I'll be looking for suggestions Smile Talk to me in the comments!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:33 pm

http://www.genevievevalentine.com/2011/01/the-jane-eyre-trailer/

The Jane Eyre trailer!
posted in Adventures in YouTube, Movies, Questionable Taste Theatre, awesome british actor camp

You know what story hasn’t really been told properly in the previous 20 times it’s been filmed? Jane Eyre!

Well, blackjack.

At first glance, this trailer seems to be mostly, “Oh, PLEASE, Lit Majors, PLEASE come see this movie twice so we can recoup some of our financial outlay! Look how accurate!”

And in some ways, trying to advertise a Jane Eyre adaptation by emphasizing “authentic” moments from the book seems like a waste of time – I mean, your favorite line might fall by the wayside, but you generally don’t worry that Mr. Rochester will open the attic door and reveal his illegal puppy mill.

On the other hand, the last feature-film adaptation of Jane Eyre had freaking William Hurt in it, and they must know they have a little groveling to do if they’re going to get butts in the seats for that. (Especially since there was a questionable-taste-licious A&E TV movie and a perfectly serviceable miniseries adaptation in the meantime. MY GOD, HOW MANY ADAPTATIONS OF THIS THING DO WE NEED?)

But, in defiance of my all-caps, there’s still plenty to chat about. Let’s!

“But sir, I heard a sound in the hall, as if a hundred adorable puppies were playing at once. It’s Grace Poole, sir, I’m sure of it!”

The trailer doesn’t even pretend it’s not a Cliffs Notes of the movie, so we go pretty much straight along the plot, beginning when Jane is a youngster and going right on through to the moor-wandering. This makes recapping super-handy!

I am a terrible Lit Major and have never been remotely interested in the baby Jane segment (except maaaybe when she was Georgie Henley), but this shot caught my attention:

It’s always nice to think that someone really cares about how everything is framed as well as just raking in your Lit Major dollars. But things are otherwise pretty standard, and that was really the only thing about the first half of the trailer that caught my eye, until:

Surprise Sally Hawkins! She plays evil aunt Mrs. Reed, though as always, sleeves that awful are a mitigating factor. The 1830s: the ugliest decade. (Well, top ten.)

Blah blah childhood blah. As if in an instant, our grown-up governess Jane is on her way to meet her gruff employer Mr. Rochester!

That’s going to go super-smoothly and not be creepy or unfortunate at all!

Now for the biggest controversy so far. Mr. Rochester is supposed to be less than handsome. Because they cast this movie on Opposite Day, he is instead played by Michael Fassbender:

This is the moment when he asks Miss Eyre if she finds him handsome, and she replies, “No, sir.” Fassbender is duly amused, because he owns a mirror.

Despite knowing how bizarre this is, I have to say – let’s be fair. This is the movies. Most people in the movies, even if they are not marquee-chiseled, are generally compelling to look at, because that’s their job. Thus, most Rochesters have been relatively good-looking. (Though their interpretations have varied wildly.)

I’d say Ciaran Hinds is one of the most physically true-to-type Rochesters, because you could make a solid case that Ciaran Hinds has a face that has to grow on one (even though I personally think he’s a stone fox). However, other people who have played Mr. Rochester include Timothy Dalton and Toby Stephens, and no matter what things you have to say about Timothy Dalton and Toby Stephens, “off-puttingly unhandsome” is probably not one.

On the other hand, based on this trailer, Fassbender seems to know he has an uphill battle trying to be unhandsome, and so rather than go the blustery route (covered extremely well by Ciaran Hinds, to the point of Ham-Off), he decides to go for a little of the old Hannibal Lecter and handsomely creep the s$#! out of Jane until she gets Stockholm Syndrome.

“So, when you say you could just eat me up, we’re speaking metaphorically? Just checking.”

He also psychologically tortures her by pretending to love someone else! (He’s a real catch.)

These facial expressions are amazing out of context, aren’t they? It’s like a drunk Facebook photo.

Also, if Blanche Ingram looks familiar, it’s because we’ve seen this pair together before in Centurion, where they had no chemistry. I’m willing to chalk that up to the fact that the movie sucked appallingly, and hope for better things here. (On the other hand, Imogen has her work cut out for her, because in the 2006 miniseries, Christina “I Play All the British Bitches Now” Cole knocked Blanche Ingram out of the park. YOUR MOVE, POOTS.)

So things are looking up! But after the chaos of the running-away portion of the trailer and before we can see Jamie Bell and Holliday Granger bringing two Venn Diagrams of Awesome British Actor Camp together, a French Expressionist film breaks out and ruins everything.

IT’S A SYMBOL.

Oh well, I guess when you get a director who wants cross-dye drapes, you get a director who wants flies crawling over symbolically abandoned reference texts. We’ll pick our battles and give this a pass.

Frankly, all in all, most of the movie seems to be in order so far. The two things we can’t tell from this trailer that will make or break this movie are:

- How well the movie manages to fit four hours of material into a two-hour film. I hold the Samantha Morton version close to my heart because I like both her and Ciaran as the leads, but that thing is only two hours long, and it shows, because baby Jane and St. John Rivers each get about 10 seconds of screen time and there’s a lot of, “Oh, there you are, back from that enormous Mrs. Reed interlude we entirely cut out!” We’ll see if this movie manages to compress the plot and still keep some balance.

- Mia Wasikowska’s performance.

I actually have decent hopes for the latter. I would be inclined to say she’s more suited to modern stuff than period pieces, but that’s not entirely fair since it’s based on Alice in Wonderland, when she was constantly on green screen and having whimsy forcibly squeezed out of her pores. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she might not be the best Jane Eyre of all time, but I think she’ll be fine. It’s really all up to the script at this point.

Not that it matters – I’m still going to throw my 12 bucks at this movie to watch Awesome British Actor Camp convening inside a dank abbey, and I’m only a little ashamed of it.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:50 pm

http://www.tamilthee.com/2011/01/romantic-monday-eyre-with-michael.html

ROMANTIC MONDAY: "JANE EYRE" WITH MICHAEL FASSBENDER, JUDI DENCH AND JAMIE BELL. "ONE DAY" WITH ANNE HATHAWAY AND JIM STURGESS

Here are two romantic films which are coming to cinemas next year for all of you who like a bit of love magic in your movies.
First there's the new adaptation of JANE EYRE by Charlotte Bronte. With the star studded cast including Michael Fassbender, Judi Dench, Imogen Poots, Jamie Bell, Mia Wasikovska ... the film follows Jane Eyre who flees Thornfield House, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. As she reflects upon the people and emotions that have defined her, it is clear that the isolated and imposing residence, and Mr. Rochester's coldness, have sorely tested the young woman's resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. She must now act decisively to secure her own future and come to terms with the past that haunts her - and the terrible secret that Mr. Rochester is hiding and that she has uncovered... If you ask me, since Wasikovska lacks charisma, I think Imogen Poots would've been much much better as Jane. I will watch the film for Fassbender and my dear Judi Dench.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:25 pm

http://blog.redbox.com/2011/02/movie-trailer-jane-eyre.html

Movie Trailer: Jane Eyre
by Erika Olson | Feb 2nd, 2011 | 10:30AM

We’ve discussed literary adaptations a lot here on the site, but in the 2.5 years we’ve been blogging I’m not sure there’s ever been a novel quite as classic and influential as Jane Eyre to have been given the big-screen treatment. So I’m very curious to hear what fans of Charlotte Brontë’s 1847 tome think of the poster and trailer below. Now, I realize there have already been several TV, stage, and film versions of the book, so it’s not like this is completely new territory. But one might argue that’s even more reason to be critical of yet another interpretation.

First, the poster:

Jane Eyre movie

I like it. The image is striking and immediately establishes the time period… in addition to conveying loneliness and solitude. Probably could’ve done without the inset of Mr. Rochester, though. But it doesn’t ruin the poster or anything. And now, the trailer:

Though I’m usually in the “WHHHHYYYYY????” camp when it comes to adaptations (especially those that have been done in the past), from the looks of this preview I believe there’s a chance that director Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) nailed the dark tone of despair that carries through much of the original work. And hey, if the new film inspires anyone to pick up the classic novel, that can’t be a bad thing, right?

Let’s hear it: Yay or nay for what we’ve seen so far of this latest literary adaptation? It’ll hit theaters in limited release on March 11.

—-

Redbox movies from the cast of Jane Eyre:

* Mia Wasikowska in the Academy Award-nominated The Kids Are All Right, and as the title character in Alice in Wonderland
* Michael Fassbender as Pict raid survivor Quintus Dias in Centurion, and as bowler-hat-wearing baddie Burke in Jonah Hex
* Imogen Poots with minor roles in Solitary Man (on both DVD and Blu-ray), Me and Orson Welles, and Centurion
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:28 pm

http://www.screenhead.com/reviews/jane-eyre-movie-trailer-worth-seeing/

Jane Eyre Movie Trailer Worth Seeing

Posted on February, 2011 by Kenna McHugh under Actors, Book-to-Movie, Directors, Drama, Movies, Trailers, classic, remakes

If the movie is anything like this trailer, then I look forward to see the latest screen version of Jane Eyre.

In a new feature version of Jane Eyre, director Cary Joji Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) and screenwriter Moira Buffini (Tamara Drewe) infuse a contemporary immediacy into Charlotte Bronte’s timeless classic story.

Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) star in the iconic lead roles of the romantic drama.

Jane Eyre also stars Jamie Bell (The Eagle), Golden Globe Award winner Sally Hawkins, Holliday Grainger (The Borgias), Tamzin Merchant (The Tudors), Imogen Poots (Fright Night), and Academy Award winner Judi Dench.

The movie will be released in New York and Los Angeles by Focus Features on Friday, March 11, 2011; and in additional cities on Friday, March 18 and Friday, March 25.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:35 pm

http://a-wings-tale.blogspot.com/2011/02/movies-2011-part-ii.html

Jane Eyre

Plot: "After a bleak childhood, Jane Eyre goes out into the world to become a governess. As she lives happily in her new position at Thornfield Hall, she meet the dark, cold, and abrupt master of the house, Mr. Rochester. Jane and her employer grow close in friendship and she soon finds herself falling in love with him. Happiness seems to have found Jane at last, but could Mr. Rochester's terrible secret be about to destroy it forever?" [Written by Mel Bellis in the U.K./ Source: IMDB]
Director: Cary Fukunaga
Cast: Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench, Imogen Poots, Holliday Grainger
Composer: Dario Marianelli
Release Date: March 11th, 2011 (USA)/ September 9th, 2011 (UK)
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1229822/
Official Site: http://focusfeatures.com/jane_eyre
Genre: Drama/ Romance
PG-13

Observations: My sister once said to me that I had some sort of passion for this story. I never read the book - though I really want to - but I've seen several versions of this story, being the first with William Hurt.

I actually like this drama/romance with bits of thriller and horror story. I first saw this with my mother and I absolutely loved it; I've became a fan and since then been interested in the story.
Although, this trailer brought me something new which I can't really explain. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that Michael Fassbender is in the cast or the fact that it looks something completely different from what I've seen before, but I can't wait to see this version.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:06 pm

http://ellakayloves.blogspot.com/2011/02/love-3-new-jane-eyre-film-stills.html

Saturday, February 5, 2011
Love #3: New Jane Eyre Film Stills
So excited about the new film version of Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre -- it's one of my favorite books, and I love seeing how different screenwriters, directors, and actors interpret the classics. Here's the trailer:

Yesterday Focus Features released 20 new still images from the film, and it's made me even more impatient to see it! (I first found them through an awesome blog, Enchanted Serenity of Period Films. Check it out!)

(image via upandcomers.net)

Mia Wasikowska from Alice in Wonderland and The Kids are Alright plays Jane -- I'm interested to see how she tackles the role, because she is definitely not like the Jane I picture in my head while reading the book.

To be honest, one of the aspects of this film version I'm most excited about is Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester. I know, Rochester isn't supposed to be handsome -- he's supposed to be really ugly, actually -- but let's face it, they're never going to cast a truly ugly Rochester in Hollywood film. So at least we've got the very attractive Mr. Fassbender, who I think will do a good job of playing the cruel and manipulative aspects of Rochester's character instead. (Better, I think, than Toby Stephens did in the most recent Jane Eyre adaptation -- I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I could never quite buy him as someone who was slightly dangerous and even a little misogynistic.)

So if Jane and Rochester have to be the Hollywood-pretty versions of their characters, at least I'm hoping that these actors will capture the complicated chemistry between the two of them -- because really, for a book often touted as romance, there's some awfully problematic stuff that takes place in their relationship, all that "magically hearing each other from across space and time" business aside.

Also, there are flowering trees at Thornfield this time around -- so pretty. But will one of them be the unfortunate lightning casualty?

And really, would it be a proper British period film without Judi Dench? She plays Mrs. Fairfax, and I'm already imagining her version of the character being quite a bit like Mattie in Cranford.

And, finally, Jamie Bell from Billy Elliott as St. John Rivers. Oh, St. John -- what a weird character you are. I still wonder why the last paragraph of the book is dedicated to his final outcome and not to Jane!

So, yes, I'm definitely excited about this one!
Posted by Ella Kay at 8:17 AM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:50 pm

http://gofita.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-jane-eyre-movie.html

Tuesday, February 8, 2011
New Jane Eyre Movie

It looks like we are to have another movie adaptation of Jane Eyre! I must admit I'm pretty excited. Each adaptation has its own unique take on my favorite classic novel. Well, I haven't seen every single adaptation there is...that would take awhile. Just look on IMDB and you'll see what I mean. But of the ones I have seen, the only one that I didn't like was the 1970 TV version with George C. Scott. I just couldn't buy George as my Mr. Rochester...ick.

The latest film opens March 11! First, here is the movie poster...

What do you think? I like it....though, the only thing I'd say against it is the shadow of Rochester is kind of weird...but overall, I think it establishes the mood of the story.

Now the trailer....

How about the trailer? It makes me really excited to see the film!!! I can't wait. It looks dark and mysterious...granted they probably threw in all the Gothic elements to sell the movie in the trailer... I say that because one of the big points of the book was the triumph of love. Also, Dame Judi Dench is in there! I love her. Focus Pictures also did the last Pride and Prejudice adaptation which is my favorite! So it has all the elements to be an amazing movie and adaptation! Here's to hoping!

Mia Wasikowska as Jane

Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester

Posted with love by hmsgofita at 9:57 AM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top