Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

X-Men trailer comments 2

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

X-Men trailer comments 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: X-Men trailer comments 2

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:59 pm

http://www.digitaltrends.com/entertainment/x-men-first-class-debuts-a-new-trailer/

X-Men: First Class debuts a new trailer

* By: Ryan Fleming •
* April 27, 2011

Trailer: In one month and fifty years ago, the X-Men: First Class return to the theaters to join the Cold War.

It is somewhat easy to forget about the new X-Men movie coming this summer. Sandwiched in-between Thor and Captain America, both of which belong to The Avengers continuity, the prequel film from director Mathew Vaughn (Stardust, Kick-Ass) hasn’t received quite the PR blitz that its Marvel counterparts have—or its DC rival, Green Lantern, for that matter–although that should change in the next few weeks.

But of all the upcoming superhero films, few offer as unique a look at the subject material as X-Men: First Class. Set in the 1960’s during the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis, the movie offers the origins of the original X-Men as they face off against The Hellfire Club, and perhaps the Commies.

The second full-length trailer below gives a bit more detail on the nature of Magneto (Michael Fassbender) and Xavier’s (James McAvoy) relationship, and what the coming of the mutants means to the world. X-Men: First Class hits theaters on June 3.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:00 pm

http://www.theballadofedgeloading.co.uk/?p=314

X-Men: First Class
April 27th, 2011 | Author: edgeloading

After X-Men 3 left us a little bit underwhelmed, our initial thought of a “re-booted”, X-origin tale didn’t really appeal. Wolverine didn’t exactly get the pulses rushing and then Bryan Singer leaving directorial duties again; it could be easy to just forget about this. However, Matthew Vaughn came on board to take the helm and now we think that there’s a lot of promise.

The plot begins before Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Erik Lensherr (Michael Fassbender) took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-MEN. (courtesy IMDB)The teaser trailers didn’t really offer much but we’re pleased to show you the final official trailer for First Class below. Let us know what you think?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:08 pm

http://www.saltypopcorn.com/first-class-trl/

Trailer of the Day: XMen First Class
April 27th 2011 21:27
: OMGOMGOMGOMG

20th Century Fox released the second official trailer for X-Men: First Class. There's lots of new footage, more emphasis on the formation of the X-Men, Xavier and Magneto's relationship, and the Cuban Missile Crisis backdrop. I am thrilled - it looks bloody amazing and more like the first XMen as opposed to the slowly worsening sequels. Bring it on!!!!!

XMen Trailer, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult

Matthew Vaughn's movie, set for release on June 3rd, will focus on Xavier (James McAvoy) and Magneto (Michael Fassbender) as they work together with other mutants to stop the Hellfire Club, an international social club for wealthy elites who seek to influence world events to their own agenda. Kevin Bacon will play the leader, Sebastian Shaw, along with January Jones as Emma Frost.

XMen Trailer, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult

The movie also features Dr. Moira MacTaggert (Rose Byrne), Azazel (Jason Flemyng), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Havok (Lucas Till), Angel Salvadore (Zoe Kravitz), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Banshee (Caleb Landry Jones) and Darwin (Edi Gathegi).

Releasing June 2 - it's getting close YAY!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:39 pm

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/27/xmen-first-class-trailer-january-jones/

pr 27 2011 04:54 PM ET

'X-Men: First Class' trailer: More JFK, less January Jones clothing
by Jeff Labrecque

There’s yet another X-Men: First Class trailer, and this cut borrows heavily from previous clips: the wary alliance between Xavier (James McAvoy) and Eric (Michael Fassbender) while the world is on the brink of nuclear anniliation during the 1962 Cuban missile crisis. But we do get to see some hints of romance — between Beast-to-be (Nicholas Hoult) and Mystique-to-be (Jennifer Lawrence). And January Jones displays the awesome mutant power that is her ample bosom. Beg pardon? Forgive me, I stand corrected. Apparently, she’s telepathic. Though I suspect it’s not too hard to read many men’s minds when she’s dressed that way. Watch below.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:40 pm

http://blastr.com/2011/04/its-professor-x-vs-magnet.php

It's Professor X vs. Magneto in hot new X-Men: 1st Class trailer

The premiere of X-Men: First Class is a little more than a month away, and FOX has just released a brand-new (and totally awesome) trailer, as well as a cool new poster. Though the trailer primarily focuses on Professor X (James McAvoy) and Magneto (Michael Fassbender), it also features all the X-Men team members together.

(Seriously, how awesome is it to see Magneto wearing an X-costume? But we digress.)

The trailer also shows us a lot of really, really awesome new footage (we're talking the kind of footage that make us all go OMG!), including some juicy stuff about Beast (Nicholas Hoult), more stuff about the Hellfire Club, and some very stupendous special effects.

We've never actually been more psyched about director Matthew Vaughn's take on the X-Men franchise than right about now. About you?

X-Men: First Class hits theaters June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:41 pm

http://mindtrickdmedia.com/2011/04/27/new-international-x-men-first-class-trailer/

New International X-Men: First Class Trailer

Today’s whirlwind of X-Men: First Class news continues as 20th Century Fox has debuted, through Bleeding Cool, an international trailer for the Matthew Vaughn film, featuring lots of brand-new footage.

Opening in theaters on June 3rd, the anticipated film stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, January Jones, Kevin Bacon, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Caleb Landry Jones, Lucas Till, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Zoe Kravitz and Bill Bilner.

X-Men: First Class charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to prevent nuclear Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:42 pm

http://www.thereelbits.com/2011/04/28/new-international-x-men-first-class-trailer/

New International ‘X-Men: First Class’ Trailer
Posted by Richard Gray on April 28th, 2011

X-Men: First Class - Sheet artwork - AustraliaAnother day, another new trailer. This brand new international trailer for the forthcoming X-Men: First Class, with stacks of new footage. This new trailer comes courtesy of 20th Century Fox and Bleeding Cool.

“X-Men: First Class charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to prevent nuclear Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.”

Excited yet? The film will star James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, January Jones, Kevin Bacon, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Caleb Landry Jones, Oliver Platt, Lucas Till, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng, Morgan Lily, Zoe Kravitz and Bill Bilner.

We aren’t going to go through and tell you which scenes are new, and there is a simply joy in discovering that for yourself. All we can say for sure is that this retro origin-story approach seems to be finally giving director Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass), who had been previously tapped to helm X-Men 3: The Last Stand before Brett Ratner took over, a chance to share his vision with the world.

X-Men: First Class

X-Men: First Class will be released in Australia in 2 June 2011 by 20th Century Fox.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:50 pm

http://www.filmmisery.com/?p=6958

New Trailer for ‘X-Men: First Class’. Will This Be the Summer’s Best Superhero Movie?

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7 Comments

As I mentioned in this week’s podcast about the most anticipated films of the Summer, the only superhero movie that I have any interest in seeing is Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class. The first two X-Men films were rather excellent while X3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine were rather underwhelming, but past franchise success has no effect on my desire to see it. Matthew Vaughn is the director of Layer Cake, one of my favorite movies of 2004, but that also has no effect on my desire to see it. Up until this week my sole interest in seeing X-Men: First Class was due to the cast.

All of the X-Men movies have lined up brilliant thespians, and First Class is no exception. Supporting players include Jennifer Lawrence (Winter’s Bone), Rose Byrne (Sunshine), January Jones (“Mad Men”), Nicholas Hoult (A Single Man), and Kevin Bacon among others. The lead roles are shared by James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender – two of the brightest young actors working today. Even if Vaughn is off his game this talented batch of performs should at least be able to raise the film to something above mediocre.

A new full-length trailer has been released for X-Men: First Class courtesy of Yahoo! Movies and it actually looks like this movie could be fantastic. The action scenes are solid and don’t appear to be over-indulgent and the performances look strong. It’s very difficult and unfair to judge a film based on its trailer, but my excitement has been raised and I am beginning to see a glimmer of hope in the otherwise dim Summer movie season.

Check out the trailer below and let me know your thoughts in the comments!

X-Men: First Class will be in theatres in the U.S. on June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:53 pm

http://iwatchiread.com/2011/04/trailer-x-men-first-class-already-has-my-ticket/

Trailer: “X-Men: First Class” already has my ticket
by Laya Maheshwari
Apr.28, 2011

To say that X-Men: First Class has had a troubled production would be a bit of an understatement.

There have been rumors that the film began shooting without a complete script, the production has certainly not been leisurely (Matthew Vaughn came onboard as director only in May — thirteen months before the film’s release date), the cast went through a few swaps before being locked down and almost all the promotional material has been sketchy at best, disastrous at worst (barring the teaser trailer).

However, with little more than a month to go for the film’s US release, the final trailer is here and it kicks ass.

You can download the trailer in HD from here

That looks AMAZING. The style, the atmosphere, the cast… it all just works for me. James McAvoy & Michael Fassbender seem to make a great combo and every single exchange they have is a home-run. In particular, Fassbender’s delivery of “You want society to accept you… but you can’t even accept yourself.” gives me chills.

Fox’s treatment of this franchise has been far from perfect, and part of me feels we’ve permanently lost a great adaptation of the Jean Grey/Phoenix storyline with X-Men: The Last Stand. But, this time around, they seem to have finally hit upon the winning formula. Here’s the official synopsis -

X-MEN FIRST CLASS charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to prevent nuclear Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

I also like how they’ve integrated events like the Cuban Missile Crisis into the plot. I feel like that gives the proceedings a weight they otherwise might not have had.

X-Men: First Class opens in US (and worldwide, hopefully) theaters on June 3rd, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:53 pm

http://filmoria.co.uk/?p=2112

Fantastic New X-Men: First Class Trailer
April 27, 2011 By Richard Lennox

A new trailer for X-Men First Class has hit the net. This is the 2nd full length trailer to surface this month and although it begins much like the last two, this trailer shows much more of the young mutants in action and with more dialogue. Matthew Vaughn’s prequel is really gearing up promotion for the upcoming World wide release on 2nd June 2011. X-Men: First Class stars starring James McAvoy (Charles ‘Professor X’ Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Erik ‘Magneto’ Lehnsherr), Jennifer Lawrence (Raven ‘Mystique’ Darkholme), Kevin Bacon (Sebastian Shaw), January Jones (Emma Frost), Nicholas Hoult (Hank ‘The Beast McCoy), Rose Byrne (Dr. Moira MacTaggert), Jason Flemyng (Azazel), Zoë Kravitz (Angel Salvadore), and Lucas Lee (Havok). For more X-Men First class coverage click here. Check out the brand new trailer below.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:54 pm

http://theblotsays.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-x-men-first-class-trailer.html

Wednesday, April 27, 2011
New X-Men: First Class Trailer

The newest trailer for X-Men: First Class hit the internet today, and it's awesome! No really, it's great. It features the entire "first class" of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters (well the movie version that is), including our very first look at Banshee! That first team shot with everyone on the Blackbird in their blue and gold uniforms was just perfect. I can't wait to see the entire scene.

I'm not sure why, but the film's trailers are as good, if not better, than its posters are bad. The discrepancy is really quiet strange. I seriously love this trailer, and if after watching it you're not totally stoked for X-Men: First Class, well something's wrong with you!

X-Men: First Class is scheduled to premiere in theaters on June 3, 2011. The film is directed by Matthew Vaughn and stars James McAvoy as Professor Xavier, Michael Fassbender as Magneto, January Jones as Emma Frost, Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw and Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggert.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:16 pm

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/04/holy_its_another_x-men_first_class_trailer.php

Holy @#$%, It's ANOTHER X-Men: First Class Trailer

By Rob Bricken in Comics, Movies
Wednesday, April 27, 2011, at 2:02 pm

And it's ALSO pretty damned good-looking. Jesus. I guess, though, I should point out this is a real new trailer, and nt one of the million TV trailers that have all had slightly different footage. This has a lot of new stuff, although it is disappointly light on the Bacon/Sebastian Shaw. Still, you get to see a lot more of most of the mutants, including Havok, and a better semblance of a plot -- apparently, the X-Men try to keep humanity from preemptively hating them by getting rid of the missiles in Cuba, I guess? As much as I'd rather this movie just be about the Helffire Club breaking s$#! while being well-dressed, I can't deny Michael Fassbender's Magneto is totally killing it in these trailers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:16 pm

http://cutyouopenlikeatauntaun.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/jeez-another-new-x-men-first-class-trailer/

Jeez! Another new X-Men: First Class trailer?!
April 27, 2011
by neil2000

I say that like its a bad thing, which it of course is not. I was massively critical of this project last year but with all of the footage I’ve seen, I am pretty stoked about what we may be getting with this film. This new trailer has a lot of new stuff but it is disappointingly light on the Bacon/Sebastian Shaw. We do, however get to see a lot more of most of the mutants, including Havok, and a better outline of a plot. If you have been reading The Astonishing X-Men for the past few years you’ll agree they have nailed this s$#!. – And damn if Michael Fassbender’s Magneto is totally killing it in the released footage.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 pm

http://www.veidt.com/?p=3273

Well, then there’s also this

Posted April 27th, 2011 by Sherry & filed under Movies.

Outstanding day for trailers, as Fox just released the 2nd one for Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class, and it’s phenomenal. Absolutely brilliant that they took everything that worked in the first trailer (the music, the Watchmen-y historical integration, Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, the visually distinctive characters…) and amplified it.

There is no other summer movie i’m looking forward to more, which is odd, as i’m no big fan of Marvel, in general, or the X-Men, in particular.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 pm

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/smashing-new-x-men-first-class-theatrical-trailer/

Smashing New X-Men First Class Theatrical Trailer
Comic Book Movie News, Featured, Videos, X-Men: First Class (2011) Movie — By Nixgravatarclose

I absolutely love this new theatrical trailer for Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class”. It’s got the pitch-perfect balance of action, pathos, and that soundtrack is just killer without going overboard. Check it out and witness the birth of a badass Magneto as played by (Hey, that’s) Michael Fassbender.

“X-Men: First Class” charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

Also starring January Jones, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Kevin Bacon, Jason Flemyng, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence, Lucas Till, Zoë Kravitz, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Edi Gathegi, and Caleb Landry Jones.

The fit hits the shan June 3, 2011.

Get more images and videos in our “X-Men: First Class” preview page.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:24 pm

http://highoncelluloid.blogspot.com/2011/04/theatrical-trailer-x-men-first-class.html

Theatrical Trailer: X-Men: First Class

Against all odds, and there were a great many, X-Men: First Class is shaping up to be the most confident superhero film of the Summer. We've received a great many trailers for Thor, Green Lantern, and Captain America, each of which evoked a sense of worry when it comes to execution. I'm not really feeling a whole lot of red flags come up when it comes to this new trailer. In fact, it really gels in a way that the first two films just didn't. A lot is made of Bryan Singer, but the man is horribly overrated. There is some real conflict at work in this trailer, and I am especially looking forward to Michael Fassbender's performance. If nothing else, that should make the film for me.

Posted by Duncan Houst at 2:30 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:28 pm

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2011/04/27/x-men-first-class-trailer-makes-marvel-mutant-magic/

Wed, Apr 27 2011 | Published in *NEWS, CELEBS, HEADLINES, MOVIES/FESTS
“X-Men: First Class” trailer makes Marvel mutant magic
By: Sean O'Connell

Hollywoodnews.com: For a film that’s due out in a little over a month, “X-Men: First Class” has been relatively quiet.

We’ve seen an initial trailer that actually used some footage from the first three “X-Men” films (as well as new footage shot by “First Class” helmer Matthew Vaughn). And there have been poster and images that have received mixed to favorable reviews.

But this … this is the trailer that we’ve been waiting for, the one that shows what I think Vaughn has created with Marvel’s mutant franchise. This full-length “X-Men” trailer convinces me that Fox has a potential hit on their hands … and might finally have a superhero thriller that can live up to Bryan Singer’s initial “X-Men” film.

Some of you might have seen a shorter version of this attached to “Water for Elephants” last weekend. The longer clip’s finally up on Yahoo Movies, and we’ve linked it here.

“X-Men: First Class” is an origin story. It stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne and Jennifer Lawrence, to name just a few.

It will be in theaters on June 3.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:28 pm

http://www.themoovybuffs.com/2011/04/trailer-hype-x-men-first-class.html

TRAILER HYPE: "X-Men: First Class"

Director: Matthew Vaughn

Writers: Jane Goldman, Ashley Miller, Jamie Moss, Zack Stentz

Starring: James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Rose Byrne, Michael Fassbender, January Jones, Kevin Bacon

Plot Synopsis:

In 1963, Charles Xavier starts up a school and later a team, for humans with superhuman abilities. Among them is Erik Lensherr, his best friend... and future archenemy.

Release Date: June 3, 2011

I might regret saying this but I think this looks awesome. I'm going to see this. I am sold. I'm not going in with high hopes but I just want to say that this has the potential to be a sophisticated period piece superhero film. From the looks of the film it LOOKS compelling as hell. The X-Men film franchise has failed to impress me in almost every way, but the cast, the period, the classic looking action, the screenwriters, the director and the heroes T.V. show esk vibe I'm getting is too good for me to just pass on it when it comes out. I'm looking forward to see what the final product looks like in the theater.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:44 pm

http://iluvmovies62.blogspot.com/2011/04/2011-summer-preview.html

"X-MEN: FIRST CLASS"

Release Date: June 3, 2011

This is the film that I'm most looking forward to this summer. In this prequel to the previous X-Men films, set in the 1960's, tells the story of how Charles Xavier (James McEvoy) or Professor X and Erik Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender) who will become Magneto, join together a group of young mutants to fight a world threat and went from being close allies to eventually becoming battling enemies.

January Jones, Rose Byrne, Nicholas Hoult, Oscar-nominee, Jennifer Lawrence and Kevin Bacon also appear in the film.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:50 pm

http://www.trendbuzz.me/x-men-first-class-gets-a-new-international-trailer/

X-Men: First Class gets a new international trailer
24th April
written by trendbuzz

X-Men: First Class may have had , but it always manages to redeem itself just in time with a stonking trailer.

A new international trailer for Matthew Vaughn’s super-mutant prequel has landed online, and it’s cool enough to blow away any number of dodgy Photoshop incidents.

There’s plenty of new footage in there, though you may have seen some of it doing the rounds as a foreign-language promo.

Michael Fassbender still looks to be stealing the show as a cool-as-hell Magneto, and there are Bond references a-plenty thrown in.

Check out the international trailer for yourself:

X-Men: First Class is released on 2 June 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:59 pm

http://www.thediscriminatingfangirl.com/2011/04/29/yet-another-awesome-x-men-first-class-trailer/

Yet another awesome X-Men: First Class trailer
By TDF Pamela On April 29, 2011 · 0 Comments and 0 Reactions

Okay, I lied. TDF is becoming the Michael Fassbender Show. Wink

Today we have yet another international trailer for X-Men: First Class, this one featuring more new footage:

I can’t help but be really jazzed for this movie. It has some fantastic action scenes (Erik lifting the submarine out of the sea gives me chills, for reals), but underneath it, there looks to be a very serious take on prejudice and the strengths and weaknesses of friendship and kinship. Is it June 3 yet?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:42 pm

http://mattflicks.com/2011/04/trailer-outpost-no-4/

April 29, 2011 11:01 am
Trailer Outpost No. 4: Oh. Em. Gee.
by Matthew Stewart in Trailers

I’ve been trying to diversify the content on this blog, and I’ve tried to move away from trailers.

However, I’ve got to step in on this week’s three HUGE feature trailers: Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class;” David Yates’ “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2;″ and Michael Bay’s “Transformers: Dark of the Moon.”
“X-Men: First Class”

Who’s got a nice case of cinema amnesia?

I’m going to admit that I never really cared for Bryan Singer’s two “X-Men” movies. So, they’re FAR from sacrosanct in my opinion.

Not to mention, I refuse to admit that Brett Ratner’s “X-Men: The Last Stand” was ever filmed, edited and released indiscriminately upon the masses.

I was definitely ready for this franchise to go in another direction.

Thus far, Matthew Vaughn’s take has intrigued me. I’m hesitant to say too much more though, because my movie barometer has been acting hinky lately.

So, I’ll shift my attention away from this AWESOME trailer — easily the best one released this week — and focus on the talent.

First up, Matthew Vaughn. He’s made three films: “Layer Cake,” “Stardust,” and “Kick-Ass.”

At this point in Vaughn’s career, I’ll go to bat for him even though his work hasn’t necessarily merited it. I’ve enjoyed “Layer Cake,” “Stardust,” and “Kick-Ass.” Maybe even more than I should.

However, I’m willing to admit the sum of each film isn’t greater than its parts. Vaughn creates wonderful images, and oftentimes unparalleled cinematic moments, but he struggles to create a consistent voice and tone.

“Kick-Ass” was his best attempt to date, but I found the “teen comedy” elements generally hurt the larger film. Mr. Claudia Schiffer is still learning his craft… and that’s OK. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching his development from Guy Ritchie’s producer to full-fledged director.

Nonetheless, the cast is still a big question for me.

I’m not entirely sold on James McAvoy as Professor X. The released footage also hasn’t assuaged any of my fears.

At this point, I think it’s Michael Fassbender’s movie. He has owned every trailer and appears to deliver a commanding performance from these promotional materials.

And the rest of the cast hasn’t really registered.

So, we’ll see how it all comes together on June 3.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:04 pm

http://blog.dinoray.com/2011/04/28/x-men-first-class-the-trailer-may-be-better-than-the-movie/

‘X-Men First Class’: The Trailer May be Better Than The Movie
by dino-ray on Apr 28, 2011 • 8:39 am

The only reason why I think the trailer may be overhyping X-Men: First Class is because I was once a comic geek of the X-Men variety. I am a tad bit confused and apprehensive in the inclusion of certain mutants in this prequel (Havok before Cyclops?! That’s outrageous!), but it’s directed by Matthew Vaughn — his work with Kick Ass and Layer Cake keeps me optimistic. Then there’s the cast; actors like James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult gives me hope while other casting choices solicit snap judgments (Zoe Kravitz, January Jones?).

Nonetheless, the international trailer was released this week. Take a look:

The trailer makes the movie look unbelievably awesome — but I’ve been trailer-punked plenty of times before (i.e. Red Riding Hood — yes. I thought it was going to be good). Then again, I don’t think we can do worse than Ratner’s X-Men: The Last Stand. Now that was rock bottom.

What are your thoughts on this new take on the X-franchise?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:05 pm

http://fromthesupermassive.blogspot.com/2011/04/trailer-trash-x-men-first-class-harry.html

April 28, 2011
Trailer Trash: X-Men: First Class

First up, X-Men: First Class. If the first trailer wasn't enough, this'll do it. Showing off more footage than any other advertisement, this trailer makes me furious. Why? Because I will be in France on June 3, and won't be able to see it until July.

Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy look great, and the rest of the cast ain't no slouches either. Can't wait to see more of Jennifer Lawrence looking hot and Kevin Bacon as a villain.

Plus, Magneto stopping dozens of missiles with his hand? More please.

The X-Men: First Class trailer is awesome
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6