Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Irish Myth

Go down

Irish Myth Empty Irish Myth

Post by Admin Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:03 am

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/michael-fassbender-irish-myths-nadam.php

Michael Fassbender to Work in the Weird World of ‘Irish Myths’
In Development By Nathan Adams on February 17, 2012 | Be the First To Comment
9Share

Over the past several years there has developed a sort of holy trinity of young actors whose careers I’m watching develop with great glee. Every time any of them come out with a new project, you can count on me being first in line to see what they’ve come up with. These three mythic men go by the names Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy, and Michael Fassbender. But even a devotee such as me has to admit that the newest project Fassbender has in the works sounds a little odd.

Fassbender and screenwriter Ronan Bennett (Public Enemies) have spent the last year or so setting up Irish Myths through their production company, Finn McCool Films. It’s a story that Fassbender himself will star in about some of the mythical figures from the Irish legends of the 8th century. The series of stories that they’ll be tackling is known as the Ulster Cycle, which tells the tales of the clashes between King Conchobar’s Ulaid tribe and the Connachta tribe, which was led by Queen Mebh. If that sounds like a lot to take in already, just wait, there’s more.

The most prominent figure in these writings, and the character Fassbender will be playing, is Cuchulain, the son of King Conchobar, who is said to have divine ancestry and supernatural fighting skills. In one of this series of myth’s biggest stories, the Cattle Raid of Cooley, Cuchulain has to fight off an entire army sent by Mebh to steal Conchobar’s prized, white bull.

I gotta say, reading the descriptions of these stories leaves me with more questions than it does answers. Is the tone of these films going to be more Clash of the Irish Titans or Irish Troll Hunter? And, I get that these stories are a cultural thing that you probably have to be from Ireland to fully appreciate the significance of; but really? Fassbender is on the cusp of becoming one of the preeminent dramatic actors in the world and he’s spending his time putting together movies where he gets to play ancient action heroes? As always, my faith is in Fassbender, but I have to say that I don’t yet understand what he’s going for with this one. He sure works in mysterious ways. [Variety]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Irish Myth Empty Re: Irish Myth

Post by Admin Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:48 pm

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/micheal-fassbender-is-one-of-the-irish-myths-021712

Michael Fassbender To Play A Fearsome Warrior In 'Irish Myths'
News by Kevin Jagernauth | February 17, 2012 | 1 Comment

2011 was a pretty damn good year for Michael Fassbender. He showed he could be a commanding presence amongst the spectacle of a blockbuster in "X-Men: First Class," and then wowed arthouse crowds with this powerful performance as a man crippled by sex addiction in Oscar-snubbed "Shame" (a shame, indeed). So right now, he's in a pretty good spot and likely has his pick of projects. Of course, he plans to reteam with Steve McQueen for "Twelve Years A Slave" this summer and is circling the lead in Ridley Scott's Cormac McCarthy-penned "The Counselor" (should that actually come together and be a real thing). And now you can call him, without hyperbole, an Irish myth.

The actor will star in the film "Irish Myths" (a bland working title, which we presume will change down the line), a project he's been developing that has Ronan Bennett ("Public Enemies") penning the script. Fassbender will play Cuchulain, the hero of the Ulster Myth Cycle, which is too massive to recap here. But a quick skim of Wikipedia reveals that Cuchulain is an Achilles-esque hero who is known for spazzing out in battle to the point of turning into an unrecognizable monster, and he fights from a chariot. It was prophesied that he would be famous, but also lead a short life.

This one is still in early stages, and developing thanks to some funds to keep it moving along. It's a very specific, narrow interest for a film, so we'd imagine financing might be tricky. But as long as Fassbender's star continues to rise the way it should, this pet project will find itself in front of cameras soon enough. [Screen Daily]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:48 pm

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118050444

Posted: Fri., Feb. 17, 2012, 8:57am PT
Michael Fassbender preps Cuchulain project
Thesp develops pic with Ronan Bennett
By Adam Dawtrey
Fassbender

Fassbender
LONDON -- Michael Fassbender and screenwriter Ronan Bennett are developing a feature film about the legendary Celtic warrior Cuchulain, with Fassbender set to play the leading role.

Cuchulain is the central character in the Ulster Cycle, an epic series of Old Irish legends that date from around the 8th century.

Set in the northern part of Ireland, the saga relates the story of the Ulaid tribe headed by King Conchobar, and particularly its conflict with the rival Connachta tribe led by Queen Mebh.

The most prominent figure in the legends is Conchobar's nephew Cuchulain, who has semi-divine ancestry and superhuman fighting skills. In the most famous story, known as the Cattle Raid of Cooley, he is the only man capable of resisting the vast army sent by Medb to steal Conchobar's prize white bull.

Both Fassbender and Bennett, whose writing credits include "Public Enemies" and the recent Channel 4 TV series "Top Boy," come from Northern Ireland.

They have raised development finance for the Cuchulain project through their London-based production company Finn McCool Films.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down