Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Viggo replaces Waltz

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Viggo replaces Waltz - Page 2 Empty Re: Viggo replaces Waltz

Post by Admin Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:51 pm

http://topstoriessaltlakecity.com/news/movies-the-oscar-aftermath/

How busy is Supporting Actor winner Christoph Waltz? Very very busy. The Austrian born actor is weighing plenty of offers after his evil Nazi breakthrough in Inglourious Basterds. He's now vacated Talking Cure, a David Cronenberg project about legendary psycho-analysts Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung. If the offers are so good you're willing to give up a Cronenberg picture, your career must be hot. The film will now star Michael Fassbender and Viggo Mortensen so it isn't hurting for awesome potential with his absence.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:40 am

http://schmooatthemovies.blogspot.com/2010/03/casting-report.html

Monday, March 15, 2010
Casting Report
I stumbled upon some interesting news yesterday: One of my favorite directors, David Cronenberg, has chosen his next project. He will be directing an adaptation of Christopher Hampton's book "The Talking Cure", which focuses on the intense relationship between Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung. The film is slated for a 2011 release.

Everything Cronenberg has been putting out lately has been gold, but such an ambitious project requires proper casting, which I've believe he's done. Stepping into the shoes of Jung will be the immensely talented Michael Fassbender and taking on Freud will be Cronenberg favorite Viggo Mortensen. Newly-awarded Best Supporting Actor, Christoph Waltz was set to play Freud but was recently replaced by Mortensen. Both are good choices, but I believe Viggo might even be better for the part. Keira Knightly is also slated for a starring role.
Posted by The Schmoo at 12:23 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:41 am

http://cutprintreview.com/news/casting/viggo-mortensen-to-get-his-freud-on-in-the-talking-cure/

Viggo Mortensen to get his Freud on in Cronenberg’s ‘The Talking Cure’

By Leigh Credlin

After his original choice Christoph Waltz (who is in high demand thanks to his Oscar-winning turn in Inglorious Basterds) dropped out to co-star with Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson in circus flick Water for Elephants mastermind director David Cronenberg (pictured above) has persuaded his old pal and frequent leading man Viggo Mortensen to play Sigmund Freud in his biopic The Talking Cure. Joining Mortensen on Freud’s couch are previously announced Michael Fassbender and Keira Knightley.

Adapted from Christopher Hampton’s play of the same name, The Talking Cure focuses on the relationships between celebrated psychoanalysts and rivals Freud and Carl Jung (Fassbender) and Sabina Spielrein (Knightley), a disturbed Russian girl brought in by her father to see Jung, who subsequently develops personal and intimate relationships with both men.

With filming tentatively scheduled to commence in May (after Knightley finishes her West End theatre run), I simply cannot wait for this film to be released. With its immensely talented and popular cast, brilliant director, dramatic subject matter and it’s “biopic factor”, it wouldn’t surprise me if The Talking Cure becomes a major contender in next year’s awards season. Expect it to be a dark, psychological, Hitchcock-esque mind bender.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:26 pm

http://www.awardsdaily.com/?p=20650

Cronenberg and Mortensen Together Again

Posted by Sasha Stone On March - 19 - 2010

Reader Jon tips us off to the news that Viggo Mortensen has replaced Christoph Waltz in Cronenberg’s new film, The Talking Cure, based on the Christopher Hampton play. The Dark Horizons, via DHD, says that Mortensen will play Sigmund Freud, while Michael Fassbender will play his conflicted pupil, Carl Jung.

DHD’s Tim Adler poses the question, “If the movie’s going to be as hot as the producers hope, I can’t help but think that as a title The Talking Cure is a little flaccid. Surely the filmmakers can come up with something better?”

One of the commenters chirped, “How about calling it “Penis Envy”?

The ways Freud and Jung diverge are interesting, and each is responsible for varying approaches to psychoanalysis. I know, for instance, that Woody Allen has always been under the care of a strict Freudian, which probably explains a lot when you think about it. I myself did time with a Jungian many years back. Big on dreams, not so much into the blaming of the mother for everything.

Watching Witness the other day I was reminded again of Viggo Mortensen’s immediate star power. He probably had one line in that movie and yet you can’t take your eyes off of him. Mortensen, I feel, gave the best performance of the year last year, but unfortunately there just wasn’t room in the Best Actor race to accommodate him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:02 pm

http://mrwillw.blogspot.com/2010/03/talking-truth-early-look.html

Friday, March 19, 2010
THE TALKING TRUTH - AN EARLY LOOK

Viggo Mortensen, whom I feel was ignored unjustly in the Oscars Best Actor race for The Road, has just been confirmed to replace recent Best Supporting Actor winner Christoph Waltz in great Canadian director David Cronenberg's newest film, The Talking Cure. It will be based on the book by Christopher Hampton (author of Dangerous Liasons) and is said to be about psychoanalyst/neurologist Sigmund Freud, who will be played by Mortensen and his feud with pupil Carl Jung. The latter will be played by Michael Fassbender, known best for his tour-de-force performance in 2008's Hunger where he emaciated himself beyond recognition for the role.

The film will also star one of my favourite younger actresses Keira Knightley who will play Sabina Spielrein, the object of the master and pupil's feud. It won't be in theatres until 2011 and as is the case with many of Cronenberg's films, they receive the gala treatment at TIFF. Sounds smoking hot. Please let there be lots of love scenes. Thanks! (Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)
Posted by Mr. Will-W. at 12:15 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2