Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Jane Eyre trailer comments

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Jane Eyre trailer comments - Page 5 Empty Re: Jane Eyre trailer comments

Post by Admin Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:37 am

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/2011/02/10/new_images_and_clips_from_cary_fukunagas_jane_eyre_starring_mia_wasikowska/

New Images & Clips From Cary Fukunaga’s ‘Jane Eyre’ Starring Mia Wasikowska

Focus Features is starting the last big push for Cary Fukunaga‘s upcoming film as new photos and two first look video clips have been unveiled of his revisioning of Charlotte Brontë‘s “Jane Eyre” starring break out stars Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender.

The two thesps play the titular Eyre and Mr. Rochester in the story which sees a young governess fall for her employer in 19th century England. This particularl adaptation was noted to be playing up the novels’ dark, gothic sensibilities, but we’re admittedly worried by scribe Moira Buffini after watching Stephen Frears’ farcical “Tamara Drewe.” Put simply, we’re basing a lot of our anticipation for this on Fukunaga’s involvement, who will be reuniting with cinematographer Adriano Goldman from his compelling debut “Sin Nombre.”

There’s a fairly strong supporting cast here including Jamie Bell, Judi Dench, Sally Hawkins, Imogen Poots, Holliday Grainger and Tamzin Merchant which definitely bodes well for Fukunaga’s sophomore effort, with Bell playing St. John Rivers, Eyre’s clergyman cousin; Dench as Mrs. Fairfax, the housekeeper of Thornfield Manor who disapproves of Eyre’s engagement with Rochester; Hawkins as Eyre’s aunt Mrs. Reed who adopts her but abuses and neglects her; while Poots and Grainger will play Diana and Mary Rivers, sisters to St. John. A full synopsis of Fukunaga’s adaptation further details the story.

Based on Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel, the romantic drama stars Mia Wasikowska (“Alice in Wonderland”) and Michael Fassbender (“Inglourious Basterds”) in the lead roles. In the story, Jane Eyre flees Thornfield House, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. The isolated and imposing residence – and Mr. Rochester’s coldness – have sorely tested the young woman’s resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. As Jane reflects upon her past and recovers her natural curiosity, she will return to Mr. Rochester – and the terrible secret that he is hiding…

“Jane Eyre” hits theaters on March 11th for the BBC Films, Focus Features and Ruby Films collaboration. [Moviefone/SheKnows/UpAndComers]

Simon Dang posted to Actresses, Mia Wasikowska, Actors, Michael Fassbender, Directors, Cary Fukunaga, Films, Jane Eyre at 9:34 am on February 10, 2011
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:17 am

http://www.pajiba.com/pajiba_love/wink-if-you-love-pipeweed-pajiba-love.php

Dustin already posted the trailer for the new Jane Eyre but here’s a full scene of Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester igniting hearts and, yup, imma say it, undergarments. Seriously, Fassbender, between this and that pulling the boat out of the water thing from X-Men you’re going to have the entire film-going population at your mercy. (The Film Experience)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:17 am

http://julianstark-moviesandotherthings.blogspot.com/2011/02/x-men-first-class-trailer-debuts-and.html

Jane Eyre: I’m curious about this one. Though not the trailer (check that out here), this is a clip of a little encounter between Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender. Call me intrigued if nothing else. This could be one to watch for in regards to the 2011/2012 Oscar season, regardless of the unfortunate first-quarter release.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:22 am

http://prideandprejudice05.blogspot.com/2011/02/two-of-five-new-jane-eyre-clips.html

Friday, February 11, 2011
Two of five new 'Jane Eyre' Clips featuring Judi Dench and Tamzin Merchant
Posted by Jeane at 10:04 PM
Focus Features (Pride & Prejudice and Atonement)' upcoming new film adaptation of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre starring Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench (Pride & Prejudice's Lady Catherine), Sally Hawkins (2007 Persuasion' Anne Elliot), and Tamzin Merchant (Pride & Prejudice's Georgiana Darcy) will be in select theaters March 11th, just a month from today.

Focus Features has released 5 new clips from the new JE film with one of them featuring Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax and the other with Tamzin Merchant, who plays Mary Rivers.

Check out and watch them below!

Watch Clip #5 - Just The Housekeeper
featuring Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax
(source: Focus Features)

Clip #2 - Is This How You Perceive Me?
featuring Tamzin Merchant as Mary Rivers

(source: She Knows | Focus Features)

If you missed the trailer for Jane Eyre, watch it here!

Charleybrown's
Enchanted Serenity has more info on Jane Eyre here!
Also, at Enchanted Serenity, you can watch Video: 2 NEW FILM CLIPS and Video: 2 MORE FILM CLIPS

Plus...
Jane Eyre Soundtrack music by Dario Marianelli
to be released March 8th!

DARIO MARIANELLI - JANE EYRE (2011) (CD)

Scoremagacine reports that the soundtrack for Jane Eyre 2011 music by Academy Award Winner composer Dario Marianelli (He received Best Original Score nominations for Pride & Prejudice and Atonement, in which he won Best Original Score twice for Atonement at thet 80th Academy Awards [See a photo of him and his acceptance speech here] and Golden Globe Awards. He has collaborated with director Joe Wright 3 times for his 3 films from Focus Features: P&P, Atonement, and The Soloist) featuring violinist Jack Liebeck can be already pre-ordered on Amazon and will be released on March 8. See Jane Eyre tracklisting here!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:20 pm

http://www.britishmovieguide.com/2011/02/three-new-clips-from-jane-eyre/

Three New Clips From Jane Eyre
Posted by Paul on February 12th, 2011

Jane Eyre the classic novel by Charlotte Bronte will be arriving to the silver screen on March 11 courtesy of an adaptation by Director Cary Funkanga. Set in 19th century the newest version of this romantic tale sees Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre and Michael Fassbender as Eyre’s stern employee Mr Rochester.

Also featuring an all star British supporting cast of Jamie Bell, Dame Judi Dench and Sally Hawkins I have found three new clips for you to enjoy featuring all the main characters below, including a touching moment between the two main stars.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:48 am

http://steelergirl83.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-clips-jane-eyre-2011.html

Thursday, February 10, 2011
New Clips: Jane Eyre (2011)

As I posted late last year one of my very favorite books, Jane Eyre is being remade yet again for the big screen. If you're a follower of news of the film like I am you've probably been disappointed in the lack of clips and sneak peeks other than the original teaser trailer release a few months ago. Well thanks to Charley Brown @ Enchanted Serenity of Period Films blog I learned last night that there were two brand new clips one being the very swoonworthy scene right after Jane saves Rochester from being burned in his bed!!!! If that scene is any indication for the rest of the movie, I think it's going to be awesome!

Check it out below and see for yourself.

Doesn't Michael Fassbender have the dreamiest voice?!

I didn't post the other clip since I figured out the load time of this blog with a lot of videos is reaaaaally slow but you can go HERE to check that one out.

JUST ADDED: THE PROPOSAL SCENE CLICK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Renee (SteelerGirl83) at 9:47 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:45 pm

http://5plitreel.wordpress.com/2011/02/12/hit-or-miss-jane-eyre-2011/

Hit or Miss? Jane Eyre (2011)

These kinds of period pieces based on classic English literature have been done to death, but for some reason this new adaptation of Jane Eyre seems really exciting. Directed by Cary Fukunaga, a fresh exciting talent, known mostly for his great debut Sin Nombre a crime drama about border crossing in the Americas (you can read my take on it here) and starred by yet not that known but very gifted actors, Jane Eyre seems to be getting a darker twist on things.

Playing Jane Eyre is Mia Wasikowska, a versatile young actress, that many might recognise as Alice in the newest take on Alice In Wonderland, seems like an interesting addition to the handful of talent that is rising in the in-their-20′s-or-under group (with Hailee Steinfeld, Jennifer Lawrence and Rooney Mara9.

Michael Fassbender takes on the role as the housemaster who makes the ‘mousy’ Jane fall in love with him at the same time struggling with his haunting past. I can’t sing Fassbender’s praises enough, I think he’s a very talented (if you haven’t seen Hunger yet you need to get on that shizzle) and I am very glad he’s breaking out with these bigger roles (his also going to star with the lovely James McAvoy in the newest take on the X-Men, this is something to very much look forward to) and more people are taking notice. Definitely one to watch!

I’m excited about this new Eyre but what about you? Are you going to see it or does it fall in the genre’s endless pit of coherent storylines and huge budgets on costume design?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:25 pm

http://victorianhauntings.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/trailer-for-new_jane-eyre_-to-be-released-march-11th/

Trailer for new_Jane Eyre_, to be released March 11th
Posted on February 15, 2011 by mlmorris101

I’ve been a bit out of the movie news loop, what with trying to finish a couple of dissertation chapters and a some article proofs, so I’d somehow missed the fact that there’s a new Jane Eyre movie coming out! It’s directed by Cary Fukunaga; Mia Wasikowska, who recently played Alice in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, plays Jane; Michael Fassbender plays Rochester. I’m reposting the trailer here, just in case anybody else had been equally buried in books.

I’m reserving judgment until the movie’s actually released; so far, I think that Wasikowska and Fassbender make the most believable-looking Jane and Rochester that I’ve yet seen. Admittedly, this isn’t saying too much; I haven’t been terribly impressed with any of the adaptations. But I’m looking forward to this one, and I suppose that I may be seeing it in a London cinema, since my research trip is fast approaching!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:06 am

http://myparticularfriend.com/wordpress/?p=137

Jane Eyre movie March 11

From the website for the new Jane Eyre movie:

“In a bold new feature version of Jane Eyre, director Cary Joji Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) and screenwriter Moira Buffini (Tamara Drewe) infuse a contemporary immediacy into Charlotte Brontë’s timeless, classic story. Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) star in the iconic lead roles of the romantic drama, the heroine of which continues to inspire new generations of devoted readers and viewers. In the 19th Century-set story, Jane Eyre (played by Ms. Wasikowska) suddenly flees Thornfield Hall, the vast and isolated estate where she works as a governess for Adèle Varens, a child under the custody of Thornfield’s brooding master, Edward Rochester (Mr. Fassbender). The imposing residence – and Rochester’s own imposing nature – have sorely tested her resilience. With nowhere else to go, she is extended a helping hand by clergyman St. John Rivers (Jamie Bell of Focus Features’ The Eagle) and his family. As she recuperates in the Rivers’ Moor House and looks back upon the tumultuous events that led to her escape, Jane wonders if the past is ever truly past…”

As one person at my local JASNA meeting complained, “She’s so pretty and the costumes are so beautiful. This can’t be Jane Eyre!”

This entry was posted on Monday, February 14th, 2011 at 11:08 pm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:33 am

http://www.earlyword.com/2011/02/22/jane-eyre-new-clip/

JANE EYRE, New Clip

Focus Films is beginning its push for the new adaptation of Jane Eyre, starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender, which arrives in theaters on March 11. A new clip appeared on the Web this week.

Let the smouldering begin.

…………………………

Based on: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Official Web Site: FocusFeatures.com/Jane_Eyre
Tie-in:

Jane Eyre (Movie Tie-in Edition) (Vintage Classics)
Charlotte Bronte
Retail Price: $9.95
Paperback: 624 pages
Publisher: Vintage – (2011-02-08)
ISBN / EAN: 0307744221 / 9780307744227

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 at 11:26 am
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:59 pm

http://www.cinetoday.org/get-a-sneak-peek-at-the-new-jane-eyre/

Cine Today
Feb
Get a sneak peek at the new Jane Eyre

Jane EyreAmerican indie director Cary Fukunaga is bringing Charlotte Brontë's classic Jane Eyre to the big screen once more come March 18. Originally published in 1847, the popular gothic romance has been adapted for the big and small screen over 20 times (and in several languages), with varying degress of success. Fukunaga's latest version finds newly minted Aussie A-Lister Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland, The Kids Are All Right) and rocketing rising star Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds, X-Men: Fisrt Class) in the coveted lead roles. Not necessarily conventional casting, by any means, but intriguing enough to land the film on many critics must-see flicks for 2011 lists. The small supporting cast contains an impressive array of British talent including Dame Judi Dench, Sally Hawkins and Jamie Bell.

Check out these intense new clips from the film to see Wasikowska and Fassbender jump right in as Jane and Rochester, then check out 23 new images that'll give you a sneak peek at the rest of the lavish production!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:48 pm

http://thesqueee.blogspot.com/2011/03/looking-forward-to-jane-eyre-2011-guest.html

Friday, 4 March 2011
Looking forward to Jane Eyre 2011 - Guest post by Nan

First off, a disclaimer. I’m already tired of comparisons between the yet-unseen Jane Eyre/2011 and everyone else’s favorite version of the past, especially Toby Stephens/BBC 2006. Feel free to stop reading and start throwing tomatoes at your computer screen. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Toby. He is a lovely Rochester, from the dark and brooding beginning, through the flirting and passionate flesh-pressing. I especially love the scene in the carriage where he is trying to hold Jane’s hand, leading in to the scene where Adele picks out the pearl necklace. However, canon it is not. Please take out that kiss before she leaves for Gateshead, and take out the bedroom scene where you wonder if they’re having sex with their clothes on, and PLEASE take out the red scarf flying from the tower.

Moving on if you’re still with me and not composing hate mail…

I LOVE the trailer! I watch it multiple times a day. It makes my heart leap when the pacing and music picks up towards the end, people and horses start running towards their doom, and then everything fades out sorrowfully. Rochester seems satisfyingly grim and the little dialogue in the trailer is straight from the book. Jane “transfixes him quite,” and Rochester tells her she is a “rare and unearthly thing, I must have you for my own.” She gets to say the “poor, obscure, plain and little” speech, as well as “you, sir, are the most phantom-like of all." He rides around on Mesrour and breaks open doors and leans out a window in his breeches (mmmmmmmm) and bellows for Jane. I could die happy if that man were here with me now…

I have also scoured the Focus Features website. I think it is fascinating that the film will begin in medias res, and I was very impressed with the initial interviews of Mia W and Michael Fassbender. It was also gratifying to learn that MF and I seem to have done “research” on Byronic Heroes at the same websites. Unfortunately, then they started showering us with additional clips from the movie. I am hoping with all my heart that the film as a whole will flow seamlessly together and that these clips taken out of context will ultimately redeem themselves. Taken purely by themselves, however, they are Not Meeting My Canonical Standards. For example:

“I would do anything for you” clip – first of all, she is IN HER NIGHTGOWN!!! Secondly, Jane would not counter an “obstacle” with an argument about “noble stock”. UGH. She would ask about the differences between convention and what is truly right. However, I love her face when she looks like she is falling asleep on her feet. I also love when he says “you transfix me quite…” and appears to be talking about Miss Ingram when in fact he is talking about Jane. This scene captures the essence of several sequences in the book, so I’m hoping it works out.

Proposal/”why must you leave” – this scene does not seem as impassioned as I would like, but again it is a fragment. The latest round of clips from the movie shows Rochester in tears (and also shooting a gun, perhaps shooting traps – in his breeches!), so there is hope that they finally let out some emotion at some point. The worst part: Mia/Jane says “…as it is for I to leave you.” I can’t BELIEVE they left this in – grammatically and canonically incorrect!

OK, enough with the nit-picking and holier-than-the-screenwriter-and-director-combined critique! Back to my hope that the gothic backdrop captured by the trailer is more indicative of the movie as a whole. Curiously, I am not bothered that the “ghost of Uncle Reed” is a black cloud from the fireplace, not the bright light moving through the room from the book. I am going to attempt to suspend my comparisons to the book while watching the movie. Here is what I am looking forward to:

Bed on fire scene – the novel implies (“at your peril you fetch a candle”!!! GASP!!!) that he is unclothed when she rouses him. Rumor has it that Mr. Rochester sleeping in the altogether accounts for the “nude image” listed on the MPAA trailer. The suspense is killing me, I hope it will last.

Will Rochester say, “And it is you, spirit—with will and energy, and virtue and purity—that I want: not alone your brittle frame.”

Will Jane say, “Oh, I will give my heart to God, you do not want it.”

Any scene with Judi Dench.

Finally finding out whether they include the following scenes:

* Helen dying in Jane’s arms
* Jane looking over the battlements into the rookery
* Mr. Rochester disguised as a gypsy
* The night before the wedding when she walks out to meet him and he pulls her up in front of him on Mesrour and gives her “a hearty kissing.” (See: I DO like the kissing, it’s just in the wrong scenes that I find it objectionable.)
* And especially…will he call her “provoking puppet”?

This post was brought to you by guest blogger Nan, a proud Team Rochester member from Buffalo, NY, now living in Chapel Hill, NC. This is the second time Nan makes a much appreciated guest appearance on this blog. Smile She works as a consultant, designing education and training for public health nutritionists, and at home she has a husband and two young girls. She has many favorite books, but lately her favorite is hands-down Jane Eyre - which is of course a most excellent choice!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:17 am

http://ology.com/screen/gird-your-loins-fassbender-and-wasikowska-steam-jane-eyre

Gird Your Loins: Fassbender and Wasikowska Steam Up 'Jane Eyre'
By KATE EASTMAN

Jane Eyre
The grayest movie you will see this year.

The newest movie adaptation of 'Jane Eyre', from the relatively unknown director of 'Sin Nombre' and starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender, is due out March 22nd. The trailer that debuted a few months back promised a faithful rendering of the darkest aspects of Charlotte Bronte's novel, complete with touches of 'Exorcist' music. The glimpses of Rochester's mad wife evoke something out of Japanese horror, and the man himself is obsessive and brooding.

Focus Features has released a brief clip highlighting another aspect of the film entirely. The clip takes place just after Jane has saved Rochester from death-by-burning-bed. Watch for yourself: the sound you here is every female fan of British literature passing out from the sexy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:47 am

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/9496/new-preview-clip-from-dark-jane-eyre-quite-literally-dark/

New Preview Clip From "Dark" Jane Eyre Quite Literally Dark
Posted 03.09.11 by Ryan

Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre is one of those enduring stories that never seems to leave the public eye. Whether one is forced to read the novel in high school or see the countless feature-length adaptations, Jane Eyre is either going to play on your television, in a local theater, or end up in your backpack sometime soon.

The latest adaptation has a lot going for it. Directed by Sin Nombre's Cary Fukunaga, the movie stars two up-and-coming actors in the lead roles: Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) as the title character, and Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class) as Jane's employer, Mr. Rochester. Fukunaga has promised a "darker" adaptation of the bleak novel, something that Fassbender told The Onion is part of the story's lasting appeal.

I like that the characters are ugly and they’re beautiful and they’re cruel and they’re nurturing. There’s so much complexity to the characters, they’re so well-written, and I find that interesting. There’s ambiguity within the characters, and that’s what really attracted me to it, to the performance.

Both Fassbender's and Fukunaga's comments ring true in the latest preview clip from the movie, which shows Wasikowska and Fassbender in a tense moment that is almost literally in the dark.

For those unfamiliar with the story, the romance between Wasikowska's and Fassbender's characters may seem like an unusual pairing, especially since Jane is employed as a governess for Rochester's daughter. Fassbender says the tension between their characters was a sign of the times.

I think Victorian England was so restricted and repressed that when there are moments, it’s like a volcano. When there are weak areas where it just sort of comes out, it’s pretty primal, because it’s being repressed 24-7. People aren’t allowed to express themselves very openly with each other, certainly not physically. So when it comes out, it really explodes.

Jane Eyre opens March 11, and co-stars Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax, Imogen Poots as Blanche Ingram, and Jamie Bell as St. John Rivers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:18 am

http://highoncelluloid.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-your-anticipation-mere-conventional.html

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For Your Anticipation: A Mere Conventional Impediment
Apparently there have been several screen adaptations of Jane Eyre, which doesn't exactly surprise me. It seemed like the sort of film that would have been adapted already. Fortunately enough, this is the first of them that I've heard of, and it looks sublime. Even if I'm unable to gather exactly what the characters are saying at certain points, Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender are more than capable of filling the void through emotional implicity. They're two of my favorite actors as of this very moment, which puts me ahead of the curb. They're just an edge away from stardom, Fassbender especially. The director could mean less to me, because it only takes a competent job to put this material forward, which is the sort of thing I expect. Even though I still haven't a clue how this unfolds, Jane Eyre is the film I'll be eagerly pining over while it's in limited release.

Posted by Duncan Houst at 9:00 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:38 am

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/Jane+Eyre-10242.html

Jane Eyre UK Trailer

10 June 2011

Currently 4/5 Stars.

Jane Eyre is one of the most loved heroines in English literature and her romance with Rochester has been adapted many times for the both the big screen and TV.

Cary Fukunaga, the filmmaker behind Sin Nombre, is the latest director to tackle the project as the film is one again adapted into a movie.

And Fukunaga has brought together a great cast for the film as Mia Wasikowska taken on role of Jane while Michael Fassbender swaps the big budget blockbuster for the bionic hero as he is set to play Rochester.

Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins, Tamzin Merchant and Holliday Grainger make up the supporting cast.

Jane Eyre (Wasikowska) flees Thornfield House, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester (Fassbender).

The isolated and imposing residence, and Mr. Rochester's coldness, have sorely tested the young woman's resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned.

As Jane reflects upon her past and recovers her natural curiosity, she will return to Mr. Rochester, and the terrible secret that he is hiding...

Jane Eyre is released 9th September take a look at the new UK trailer for the movie:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:10 am

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/film/new-uk-jane-eyre-trailer

Posted 9th June 2011, 2:57pm
New UK Jane Eyre Trailer
September sees a stunning new version of the Charlotte Bronte classic, starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender.
Posted 9th June 2011, 2:57pm in Film

The US has been enjoying this new adaptation of Jane Eyre for weeks, but it won't hit UK cinemas until 9th September.

To ease the pain, Focus Features have released a new UK trailer, showing Mia Wasikowska as the titular heroine of Charlotte Brontë's classic story. With his scorching performance in X-Men: First Class one of the most talked about of the year, Michael Fassbender is sure to be a formidable Mr Rochester.

Judi Dench, Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins and Imogen Poots co-star in the film from Sin Nombre director Cary Joji Fukunaga, working from a script by Tamara Drewe writer Moira Buffini.

Jane Eyre flees Thornfield House, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. The isolated and imposing residence – and Mr. Rochester’s coldness – have sorely tested the young woman’s resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. As Jane reflects upon her past and recovers her natural curiosity, she will return to Mr. Rochester, and the terrible secret that he is hiding...

New trailer and poster below!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:08 am

http://usa-breaking-news.com/jane-eyre-movie-review.html

Jane Eyre Movie Review

The following is a movie review for the film Jane Eyre.

Genre: Drama, Romance

Director: Cary Fukunaga

Starring: Mia Wasikowska (Jane Eyre), Michael Fassbender (Edward Rochester),
Judi Dench (Mrs. Fairfax), Sally Hawkins (Mrs. Reed)

Rated: PG-13

Running Time: 2 hr. 1 min.

Release Date: Mar 11, 2011

In the most recent movie adaption of Jane Eyre, director Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) crafts a beautiful version of the 1847 Charlotte Brontë fiction.

Outline: In a uncommon carry on the masterpiece parable, the cinema inaugurates midway finished the newfangled as Jane (Mia Wasikowska) rushes from a house in the English countryside, lumbers finished the soaked filth of the docks, furthermore currents us along the exceedingly actual latent that the inamorata we’re watching might negative persist her wend. Fortunately, she is rescued by the clergyman (Jamie Chime), above whose doorstep she has yet collapsed. From here the different progresses washed-up flashbacks, revealing the populate besides statuss that hold led Jane to this allude in span. In her childhood, the poorly treated waif is physically besides emotionally abused, primary by her acknowledge class at the domicile of her aunt (Sortie Hawkins) in Gateshead, also next by the entourage at Lowood college, where Jane is promptly stranded. A evolve Jane eventually flourishs at the dwelling of Edward Rochester (Michael Fassbender) to start her craft as governess of Thornfield Theater. Here, Jane’s pigheaded certaintys are challenged when a wind in the anecdote engenders her pate to meet into her quintessence.
The flick consolidates on the considerable looks of the romance, such as Jane’s tenacity to counterfeit her admit many in spirit, (a scarcity for women during the Victorian epoch in which the article grabs footing), moreover the valor to always clutch the vanity interior herself. The resolution that this spirit continually preserves creates it cozy to espy cause the novel is considered an big soon feminist process.
Performaces: Wasikowska is a fine choice to play Jane, as her physical appearance provides an ideal representation of understated beauty. Wasikowska’s performance, however, came across a little too sedate. During the time in which these stories take place, politely guarded conversation between the sexes could only hint at the emotional chaos that brewed beneath the surface. In order to translate this onto film, actors must be able to convey this hidden passion to the audience. However, the fire that was supposedly burning under Wasikowska’s cool exterior seemed dim and, at times, completely extinguished. Luckily, Fassbender turned in an electric performance as Rochester, successfully providing the intended spark between Jane and her beloved. Another actor worth mentioning is the always brilliant Judi Dench, who plays Mrs. Fairfax, housekeeper of Thornfield Hall. This character reveals much of the necessary back story on Rochester and acts as a sounding board for and mentor to Jane. Dench skillfully downplays her grand talent for this minor but significant role, creating a simple yet endearing character.

Other Considerations: The finest achievement of the film is no doubt its cinematography, with the lovely dreariness of the landscape perfectly reflecting the story’s bleak tone. The exquisite details of the locations, the architecture and the décor serve to immerse you in a gorgeous and authentic experience. The film also freshly highlights the darker aspects of the narrative, providing a fantastically mysterious and haunting version of the tale; (an approach that has been all but absent in earlier film adaptations). Despite all that it has going for it, however, lack of passion and scene development causes this movie to fall short of the masterpiece it could have been.

It is soon after Jane’s arrival at Thornfield when hopes begin to rise, tensions start to build, and where, sadly, the momentum falls flat and remains on the this monotonous terrain until the end of the journey. Early scenes between Jane and Rochester held promise, bursting with smart dialogue and quick exchanges. Glimpsing the fervor beneath their banter, we optimistically anticipated the liberating culmination of their carefully controlled interactions. We hoped to witness an uninhibited declaration of love, the freedom of the newly unbound spirit- or at least some reprieve from the uninspiring display we had so far experienced. Alas, when the characters decide to bear their souls, it is spiritless and indistinguishable from the lackluster scenes that occurred before and after it. Rochester sedately declares his love and promptly proposes to Jane, leaving the audience to wonder if they had missed a scene somewhere. It was too abrupt. We saw the early budding of a romance, and then suddenly it’s in full bloom. The lack of graduality in this and other parts of the film made it seem as though pieces were randomly dropped from the completed puzzle of the plot.

The Final Wrap: One of the strongest aspects of Jane and Rochester’s relationship is that they look beyond their physical selves and are attracted to something intrinsically deeper- each other’s souls. This film appears to be just the opposite. Here, ideal beauty is of the utmost importance and it is the soul that is lacking. This great romance should have been powerful enough to illuminate it against the dull, dreary backdrop of their lives. Instead, it simply blends right in.
It seems that in his attempt to break the story down to its bare essentials, Fukunaga opted to omit much of the romanticism that defines this type of drama. One can understand that the director’s intention was to present the essential concepts of the story, devoid of all the frills. However, when something is whittled down to its bare bones, sometimes all we are left with is a skeleton of what the masterpiece once was. This is a solid movie and certainly worth seeing; however, you would do well not to expect the emotional grandeur you’ve come to expect from the gothic novel.[Via metrowny]

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 12th, 2011 at 10:18 am
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:17 am

http://thepeoplesmovies.com/2011/06/07/the-uk-trailer-poster-for-jane-eyre-starring-michael-fassbender-mia-wasikowska/

The UK Trailer & Poster For JANE EYRE Starring Michael Fassbender , Mia Wasikowska

Jun 7

Posted by thepeoplesmovies

In movieland the comicbook movie is dominating the movie production every week we either hear about a new comic book related movie or a new movie been released in British television Classical literature dramas dominate the tv. BBC has traditionally adapted many books to tv though very few make it onto the big screen. There is one however has made it onto the big screen several times and is now about to happen again JANE EYRE starring Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Judi Dench, Jamie Bell, Imogen Poots, Craig Roberts, Sally Hawkins and Sophie Ward with Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) directing the charlotte bronte story.

People may say it’s classical literature, yes it is but how many times can you watch the same story without actually getting a little tired same old thing but different actors? If you are very keen on this film which has already been released in USA the review have come back very positive, so when can we see this verion of JANE EYRE in UK&Ireland? September 9th.

Check out the new UK Trailer and Poster which was released over the weekend by Guardian newspaper but thanks to TotalFilm the trailer is embeded below.

In a bold new feature version of Jane Eyre, director Cary Joji Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) and screenwriter Moira Buffini (Tamara Drewe) infuse a contemporary immediacy into Charlotte Brontë’s timeless, classic story. Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) star in the iconic lead roles of the romantic drama, the heroine of which continues to inspire new generations of devoted readers and viewers.

In the 19th Century-set story, Jane Eyre (played by Ms. Wasikowska) suddenly flees Thornfield Hall, the vast and isolated estate where she works as a governess for Adèle Varens, a child under the custody of Thornfield’s brooding master, Edward Rochester (Mr. Fassbender). The imposing residence – and Rochester’s own imposing nature – have sorely tested her resilience. With nowhere else to go, she is extended a helping hand by clergyman St. John Rivers (Jamie Bell of Focus Features’ The Eagle) and his family. As she recuperates in the Rivers’ Moor House and looks back upon the tumultuous events that led to her escape, Jane wonders if the past is ever truly past…

Aged 10, the orphaned Jane (played by Amelia Clarkson) is mistreated and then cast out of her childhood home Gateshead by her cruel aunt, Mrs. Reed (Golden Globe Award winner Sally Hawkins). Consigned to the charity school Lowood, Jane encounters further harsh treatment but receives an education and meets Helen Burns (Freya Parks), a poor child who impresses Jane as a soulful and contented person. The two become firm friends. When Helen falls fatally ill, the loss devastates Jane, yet strengthens her resolve to stand up for herself and make the just choices in life.

As a teenager, Jane arrives at Thornfield. She is treated with kindness and respect by housekeeper Mrs. Fairfax (Academy Award winner Judi Dench). Jane’s interest is piqued by Rochester, who engages her in games of wit and storytelling, and divulges to her some of his innermost thoughts. But his dark moods are troubling to Jane, as are strange goings-on in the house – especially the off-limits attic. She dares to intuit a deep connection with Rochester, and she is not wrong; but once she uncovers the terrible secret that he had hoped to hide from her forever, she flees, finding a home with the Rivers family. When St. John Rivers makes Jane a surprising proposal, she realizes that she must return to Thornfield – to secure her own future and finally, to conquer what haunts both her and Rochester.

A Focus Features presentation in association with BBC Films of a Ruby Films production. Jane Eyre. Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, and Judi Dench. Casting by Nina Gold. Co-Producers, Mairi Bett, Faye Ward. Music by Dario Marianelli. Costume Designer, Michael O’Connor. Make-up and Hair Designer, Daniel Phillips. Production Designer, Will Hughes-Jones. Film Editor, Melanie Ann Oliver. Director of Photography, Adriano Goldman. Executive Producers, Christine Langan, Peter Hampden. Produced by Alison Owen, Paul Trijbits. Based on the novel by Charlotte Brontë. Screenplay by Moira Buffini. Directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga. A Focus Features Release.

*update 09/06/11 - today Focus Features have kindly sent us the trailer which we’ve updated along with the official synopsis*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5