Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

A Bigger Star than he Should Be

2 posters

Go down

A Bigger Star than he Should Be Empty A Bigger Star than he Should Be

Post by Admin Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Even though this is one of the many articles about Michael's new movie, there was some interesting things in this particular post.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=26217

05 November 2009
A Single Shot For Michael Fassbender
Star joins man-on-the-run thriller

Michael Fassbender – who really should be a much, much bigger star than he is – has signed on to play the lead in the thriller, A Single Shot.

Fassbender – so good this year in the hugely contrasting Inglourious Basterds and Fish Tank - will play a poacher on the run from a pair of killers in the film, which will be directed by David Jacobson.

Forest Whitaker, William H. Macy and Thomas Haden Church round out the cast, although we’re not yet entirely sure who’s playing the killers.

Fassbender is close to making the breakthrough to genuine stardom – word is that he was one of the shortlisted stars on George Miller’s Max Max list for Fury Road – but so far he seems to be targeting leads in lower-budget films, like this and Neil Marshall’s eagerly-awaited Roman flick, Centurion, perhaps as a way of proving that he can carry action films. Do that, and the $100 million behemoths should come his way.

The indie flick, to be produced by Chris Coen, will start shooting in Ontario, Canada, next January.

thanks to Ciuineas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Bigger Star than he Should Be Empty Re: A Bigger Star than he Should Be

Post by Admin Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:48 pm

http://www.talkingfilms.net/michael-fassbender-aims-for-shot

Michael Fassbender aims for Shot

Posted on 08. Nov, 2009 by John in Movie News

There have been loads of films with the beginning “A” in their names like for instance A Single Man and not to be confused with A Serious Man. Now here is another one A Single Shot. It will star rising star Michael Fassbender along with Forest Whitaker, William H. Macy and Thomas Haden Church.

The film will begin shooting in Ontario in January next year. Fassbender will play a poacher in this film who finds himself on the run from a gang of hardened killers. The film will be produced by Chris Coen. Kevin Hicks will be executive producing the film.

Once again for Michael Fassbender it will be the character study. He is really no foreigner to the method style of acting. His performance in movies like Hunger, Fish Tank will not be forgotten in recent times.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilar Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 pm

I have wondered for a while if Michael really gives a shet about the "celebrity" side of Hollywood....that is ....being recognized on the street even when he's not working, etc. IMO, I think he cares about honing his craft and staying an actor....not the parties or the chicks or the papps. I believe he just enjoys being an actor and exploring as many diverse roles as possible.

Don't get me wrong....I think all actors have an ego and want to be recognized....but I think some actors also want the Hollywood red carpet treatment, the VIP status....the recognition on the street....more than others.

Michael? Meh.....not so much.
Pilar
Pilar
Azazeal's Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:28 am

He mentioned in an interview, somewhere on here Smile that when he made BoB, he was gung ho to Hollywood to make it big (whatever that really means), but came back home "with his tail between his legs".

I think he was expecting something big, after long waits, and it didn't come as quickly as he wanted. I'd like to think that he is taking things into stride, which would explain things like not making all the appearances that studios or companies have scheduled him for. He does his own thing, without apologizing.

I do like his little indie films, but it's hard to take friends to a theater an hour away, to help promote his work.

Luckily, he's darn good in anything he does, so it's a pleasure to watch him work, even an hour away.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:15 pm

I forgot that there is another side to this. Michael HAS tried out for big blockbusters and hasn't gotten them-he mentioned he tried out for Ben Affleck's part in Pearl Harbor. The latest news was that he tried out for the lead in Green Lantern and didn't get that. So it makes one wonder how many parts he has really tried out for, and how many studios passed him by.

Do the studios think he's doesn't have the look to capture the hearts of people everywhere?

Is there a wall between good actors and handsome celebs?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down