Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

2010 most anticipated movies-Jonah Hex

Go down

2010 most anticipated movies-Jonah Hex Empty 2010 most anticipated movies-Jonah Hex

Post by Admin Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 pm

http://movieoverdose.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/chris-most-anticipated-films-of-2010/

Jonah Hex

Why the buzz? : Christ! What am I doing?! I am anticipating a film starring Megan Fox! After showering in bleach when realizing this, I am being the eternal optimist and lets be honest, she’s playing a prostitute so it’s virtually meta. Also take look at the other cast members Josh Brolin, who was a revelation in No Country for Old Men, Michael Fassbender and John Malkovich.

It’s being directed by Jimmy Hayward who directed the massively underrated Horton Hears a Who and also worked on Toy Story 1 & 2 and Finding Nemo. On a personal note, being a big rock and metal fan I am very excited by the news that Mastodon will be providing the score to the movie. They aren’t your typical Clash of the Titans trailer metal and I think they will be able to create very atmospheric music for the film.

It’s not all good though – McG was linked with the project at some point and also Josh Brolin turned down the role originally because he hated the script, hopefully he changed his mind because of a rewrite and not just because money was drying up.

When’s it out? : 18 June 2010
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2010 most anticipated movies-Jonah Hex Empty Re: 2010 most anticipated movies-Jonah Hex

Post by Admin Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:54 am

http://www.filmdocket.com/2010/01/a-look-at-2010-from-warner-bros/

Jonah Hex – June 18
Josh Brolin, John Malkovich, Megan Fox, Michael Fassbender, Will Arnett, Michael Shannon

Adventure Thriller. Jonah Hex is a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort, a tough and stoic gunslinger who can track down anyone…and anything. Having survived death, Jonah’s violent history is steeped in myth and legend, and has left him with one foot in the natural world and one on the “other side.” His only human connection is with Leila, whose life in a brothel has left her with scars of her own. But Jonah’s past is about to catch up with him when the U.S. military makes him an offer he can’t refuse: in exchange for his freedom from the warrants on his head, he must track down and stop the dangerous terrorist Quentin Turnbull (John Malkovich). But Turnbull, who is gathering an army and preparing to unleash Hell, is also Jonah’s oldest enemy and will stop at nothing until Jonah is dead. Based on the legendary graphic novel, “Jonah Hex.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2010 most anticipated movies-Jonah Hex Empty Re: 2010 most anticipated movies-Jonah Hex

Post by Admin Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:04 am

http://fieldingonfilm.com/wp/?p=1119

June 18

Jonah Hex – Another “it came from a comic book” film, Jonah Hex is about a bounty hunter (Josh Brolin) who must stop a voodoo practitioner (John Malkovich) from raising an army of the dead. This Confederate soldier, a cynical antihero, got his start in the pages of All-Star Western, later named Weird Western Tales during the 1970s, but he’s since been given an update. Those excited to see Brolin’s handsome mug again will be sorely disappointed as half of the character’s face is horribly scarred. Boo hoo. Guys will fare better in the “hottie” department as Brolin’s costar is Megan Fox, who plays, yes, you got it, a “beautiful gun-wielding prostitute.” So a big stretch for her there. Additional selling points? Michael Fassbender and Michael Shannon costar. (My primary concern about this film is that the writers, Brian Taylor and Mark Neveldine, also scripted Gamer and Crank.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:37 pm

http://newsnidea.com/28393/ranked-top-ten-most-anticipated-horror-films-of-2010/

Ranked Top Ten Most Anticipated Horror Films of 2010

In horror was filled with countless remakes, PG-13 kiddie horror, and the re-introduction of 3-D in past year. While it’s a tall order to fill (only kidding!), things are shaping up for 2010 to be a year filled with less PG-13 and more R-rated horror, more 3-D madness (including SAW VII 3-D), and just about the same amount of unnecessary remakes. Here top 10 most anticipated horror films of 2010 in release date order.

Jonah Hex
9. Jonah Hex (June 18): Jonah Hex is an upcoming Western film based on the DC Comics character of the same name. Under Warner Bros., the film is directed by Jimmy Hayward and stars Josh Brolin as the title character, Jonah Hex, and also stars John Malkovich, Michael Fassbender and Megan Fox.The film is scheduled to be released on June 18, 2010.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:38 pm

http://exexposure.blogspot.com/2010/02/springsummer-movie-preview.html

Saturday, February 27, 2010
Spring/Summer Movie Preview
To put it bluntly, Hollywood is out of ideas. Out of all the movies listed here, very few of them are not remakes, sequels, adaptations, or spin-offs. There are two counter-points here, though: one is that there is still some originality coming through (like Chris Nolan's Inception); and two is that sometimes these remakes and adaptations and the like are, well, good. 2010 is shaping up to be an interesting year for film (if you like 3D, you're in luck - I don't), so let's take a closer look, shall we?

Jonah Hex

June 16
Starring: Josh Brolin, Megan Fox, John Malkovich, Michael Fassbender, Michael Shannon, Will Arnett
Directed by Jimmy Hayward
Written by Neveldine/Taylor

This movie is pretty mysterious to me. I'm not familiar with the comics that it is based on, and all I know about the plot is what Wikipedia can tell me: basically Jonah Hex (Brolin) is an ex-confederate soldier/bounty hunter who has been hired to track down Quentin Turnbull (Malkovich), and Megan Fox plays a gun-toting prostitute who is Hex's love interest. What's weirder is that the director's only past two directorial efforts are Horton Hears a Who! and Robots, two family-friendly animated hits. It is written by the writer/directors of the two Crank movies. And the music is being done by progressive metal band Mastodon. So essentially, I am very intrigued and I hope it doesn't disappoint.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 12, 2010 12:24 am

http://thisfilmison.com/2010/05/11/the-tuesday-preview-jonah-hex/

The Tuesday Preview – Jonah Hex

Posted by Lewis in From Page To Screen, News, Super...Heroes!
11/05/10

For a large portion of the twentieth century the Western Genre was king, making icons out of stars like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. Then, in 1977 a little movie came along called Star Wars and all of a sudden Cowboys were no longer cool enough. Science fiction was the new box office bread winner and the Old West was once again condemned to the pages of history. Fitting then that it was in that the very same year, bit part, comic book anti hero, cowboy Jonah Hex was given his own self titled series.

Hexcellent Adventure!

Some would argue that Hex has spent the last 30 years as a fringe property at DC comics and they’d probably be right. However, this has not stopped him from cropping up in a huge number of more bankable properties, as well as a number of popular animated series. This, coupled with his 2005 return to comic book shelves has, somewhat inevitably lead to the property being optioned by long time DC collaborators Warner Brothers.

In terms of casting, If Josh Brolin is the good, and Megan Fox is the bad then I guess that makes John Malkovich the ugly. Of course, I wouldn’t dream of casting aspersions over the actor’s appearance more it is the crucial role of Quentin Turnbull, long time Hex antagonist that will require Malkovich to channel the uglier side of his personality. Whilst Brolin has proven his Stetson wearing credentials in 2007’s No Country for Old Men that wagon was steered by the ultra experienced Coen brothers. The fate of Jonah Hex on the on the other hand has been entrusted to the little known director of Horton Hears a Who!

Jimmy Hayward, who cut his teeth as an animator at Pixar finally broke out in 2008 with the aforementioned Dr Seuss adaptation but Jonah Hex is his first foray into live action film making. Yes, on the surface Hayward’s appointment may appear to be somewhat of a gamble in comparison to the other, more experienced directors helming DC’s other properties, think Nolan’s Batman Begins, Singer’s Superman Returns and Martin Campbell’s upcoming Green Lantern but is it may yet prove an inspired choice to task an animator with finally bringing this pen and ink cowboy to the big screen.

If anybody was in doubt over Hayward’s conviction he has assembled an impressive and versatile supporting cast of up and comers who are all surely looking to cement their own burgeoning reputations with some hopefully scene stealing performances.

Dircetor Hayward and his band of outlaws.

First off the bat there’s Michael Fassbender who will no doubt be hoping to continue his transatlantic successes with a more mainstream performance than his brief but telling role in Inglorious Basterds. Secondly, in what is probably the most left field bit of casting is Will Arnett, still probably best known for Arrested Development. Whilst I am an unashamed fan of Arnett and his self deprecating comedy shtick, part of me hopes that this time around he is afforded the opportunity to put on his more serious face, if only just to see if he can finally make the leap from the small screen. The trailer also features a brief and seemingly unaccredited turn from the domineering Lance Reddick from the hit TV show… Fringe. Apparently he was in some cop show as well. Finally there’s a supporting role for one of the 2008 Supporting Actor nominees Michael Shannon. Whilst it is unlikely that Shannon will receive any resemblance of the critical acclaim he earned for his part in Revolutionary Road, Jonah Hex may prove a more profitable box office outing.

With the trailer having finally been released the buzz for this comic book western is building steadily. The trailer, which seems to be geared heavily towards the pubescent demographic contains some very shaky dialogue, a large number of explosions and a number of glaringly unsubtle nods to Eastwood’s ‘Man With No Name’. Throw into that mix a number of gratuitous shots of Megan Fox dressing and undressing and you may well have yourself a summer holiday sleeper hit. Whilst it will inevitably be over shadowed by the likes of Iron Man, Robin Hood and Prince of Persia the film’s prodominantly strong cast may just be gifted enough to pull off what is unavoidably, given its source material, a ludicrous tale of Bullets, Broads and slightly unrealistic facial burns. And, lest we forget, Transformers 2 proved that a feature long ode to Megan Fox does not a good movie make. If Hayward can avoid falling into that trap he may well just pull off a rip roaring, 21st century western which makes a few quid on its way.

The release date for Jonah Hex has been brought forward to June 18th
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down