Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Hot films for 2011

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hot films for 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hot films for 2011

Post by Admin Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 pm

http://brodiemannfilm.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/movies-im-looking-forward-to-in-2011-part-2-of-4/

Movies I’m Looking Forward to in 2011 part 2 of 4
Posted on 04/01/2011 by brodiemann

Building on yesterday’s entry, the movies I’m looking forward to in the second quarter of 2011, April to June.

June -

X-Men: First Class – The third film and Origins: Wolverine were disappointments, but with fresh eyes and talent, here’s hoping they can revive the franchise. Especially with James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender as Professor X and Magneto, respectively.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:40 pm

http://blog.quickflix.com.au/2011/01/25-most-exciting-films-of-2011.html

6 January 2011

The 25 most exciting films of 2011. By Simon Miraudo.

2010 is sooo 2010. Sure, we were treated to a glut of wonderful features over the past 12 months, but take one look at the release slate for 2011 and you'll agree that 2010 seems practically repulsive by comparison. I’ve compiled a list of the 25 films I am personally most excited to see in the New Year. Now, that doesn’t guarantee that they’ll all be great (last year’s list included the clunkers Clash of the Titans and The Expendables – whoops!), but each and every entry is a fascinating project we personally can’t wait to devour, digest and discuss … with you! Please let us know in the comments section below which pictures you are anticipating the most!

NB: Where available, we have listed the film's month of release. Many of these are based on the U.S./U.K. release dates. As has become tradition, a number of the films on this list may not hit Australia until 2012. Sucks to be us, right?

Without much further ado:

15. Shame

Another Carey Mulligan inclusion! She stars as the sister of the equally magnificent Michael Fassbender in Steve McQueen’s Shame. The last time Fassbender and McQueen teamed up, the resulting product was the jaw-dropping Hunger. We have high hopes. (Unknown)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:05 pm

http://joelmayward.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-6-anticipated-movies-of-2011.html

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Top 6 Anticipated Movies of 2011
If you've read this blog for more than a few minutes, you probably realize that I love film. Here's what I'm looking forward to in the upcoming 365 days of movie watching, in no particular order:

Jane Eyre: I'll admit it, I love me a good period-piece movie. While many appear formulaic, the darkly artistic undertones of the trailer below are hauntingly beautiful. Michael Fassbender's eyes in the final moments are terrifying. Cary Fukunaga's previous film, Sin Nombre, was an ambitious first feature, and I'm eager to see what he has next.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:51 pm

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/previewing-the-films-of-2011-blockbusters-and-popcorn-features

Previewing the Films of 2011: Blockbusters and Popcorn Features

54 titles to add to your list of what to look out for
By: Brad Brevet
Published: Thursday, January 6th 2011 at 11:32 AM

Well, it's time to look at the films likely to make the biggest dollars at the box-office, but will any of them truly stand out as some of the year's best? Below we're looking at the films that will serve as the largest measure of escapism throughout 2011 as a new batch of superheroes will test whether or not they deserve big screen treatment, robots will once again blow things up, animated cars will again talk, a barbarian returns, cowboys fight aliens, Nic Cage is angry and at the wheel, death continues to stalk teenagers and Justin Bieber refuses to say "never". It's going to be a wild ride…

If you haven't been keeping up, this is the third installment in my 2011 Preview, the two previous installments are linked below and tomorrow will mark the fourth and final. Here's the schedule of events:

With that out of the way, let's see what kind of fun may or may not be in store for us in 2011. While we may have our most anticipated lists, these 53 films are likely to be the weekly hot topics at the box-office, anticipated or not.

Blockbusters and Popcorn Features

X-Men: First Class [June 3]: Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) is tackling the latest installment in Fox's X-Men franchise as he sets out to tell the origin story of the mighty mutants. He's a solid helmer and he has an impressive cast. I expect this will be the best superhero movie of the year. The cast includes James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Caleb Landry Jones, Lucas Till, Kevin Bacon, Jennifer Lawrence, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng, Oliver Platt, Rose Byrne, Morgan Lily, January Jones, Zoe Kravitz, Bill Milner, Charlie Rowe and Ray Wise.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

http://cinesnark.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/20-most-anticipated-movies-of-2011/

20 Most Anticipated Movies of 2011

Looking ahead to the 2011 slate, I picked those projects that most interest me for reasons ranging from, “I can’t believe someone actually made this” to “Harry Potter!” I haven’t put down release dates because many of these movies either don’t have dates yet or are only tentatively scheduled. So check your local listings.

X-Men: First Class

Call it morbid curiosity. I grew up reading X-Men comics and I wanted to be Storm so, so bad. She had the best power by far (also, she has the best look and I wanted her white hair). Halle Berry’s wig tragedies aside, the first two X-Men movies were everything a comic nerd could want. But then came the inexecrable X3, which NEVER HAPPENED, and it was all in ruins. X-Men: First Class, however, is a shot at redemption. Directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) and with a cast headed by James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds, Fish Tank) and featuring Jennifer Lawrence (Winter’s Bone) and Nicholas Hoult (A Single Man, About a Boy), First Class could be a fantastic origins story. But then, Wolverine was supposed to be great, too, but it blew chunks and also NEVER HAPPENED.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:54 am

http://bhndthesins.blogspot.com/2011/01/sin-86-coming-attractions-first-half-of.html

jueves 6 de enero de 2011
Sin #86: Coming Attractions, First Half of 2011
Here are the most anticipated movies based on directors, actors and trailers for the first half of 2011:

-Jane Eyre (Fukunaga): Yet another adaptation of the famous Charlotte Bronte novel (I remember an excellent version with Charlotte Gainsborough and William Hurt in the nineties). This one features a very strong cast with Mia Wasikowska (of “Alice in Wonderland” fame) and Michael Fassbender, who is an amazing British actor who will star in the new X-Men movie later this year.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:18 am

http://jaimeburchardt.com/?p=1119

Top 20 Most Anticipated Movies of 2011!
Posted by jAMES On January 6, 2011 ADD COMMENTS

The awesome contributors of jaimeburchardt.com have racked and racked their brains to bring you their Top 20 Most Anticipated Movies of 2011! By now all of their brains are all purple and mushy…but it was worth it. Check for other Top 20 lists from J.O.B., Alberto, & Katie, coming soon!

11. X-Men: First Class (dir. Matthew Vaughn, June 3rd)

This movie goes to the origins of when Professor Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) meets Eric Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender). Finally! I think everyone has been waiting to see how Professor X and Magneto met and how they grew apart to become rivals but still friends. Directed by Matthew Vaughn (‘Kick Ass’), this will be the X-Men movie fans have been dying to see and will no doubt be pleased by what they see.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:26 pm

http://cinemablographer.blogspot.com/2011/01/coming-soon-in-2011.html

1/07/2011
Coming Soon in 2011
Saoirse Ronan in Hanna

Happy New Year! With a New Year comes new movies. 2011 looks quite promising. There are still a few holdovers from TIFF, so I'm starting the year off with a bar that's been set pretty high by films like The Whistleblower, Last Night, The Housemaid. 2011 has new offerings by directors Robert Redford (whose The Conspirator is great!), Joe Wright (Hanna), Lone Scherfig (One Day), and Martin Scorsese, who tries out 3D with Hugo Cabret. This year also features the second film by Madonna (W.E.), as well as directorial debuts by Angelina Jolie and Vera Farmiga. We also get to start the year with some Oscar holdovers from 2010, as films like Another Year, Biutiful, and Incendies slowly make their way to a theatre near year.

Before discussing upcoming films further, I'd like to note some upcoming changes on the site. Reviews from 2010 will be moved to a separate page, the Review Archive, which will be linked at the sidebar. All ratings and reviews from last year can be found there. By moving last year's films aside, I'm not suggesting that past films are not worth seeing...far from it. In fact, near the review archive is a handy link to top picks of older films for anyone seeking to rent a classic. Additionally, I'll try and keep the sidebar a bit more clear, with separate headings for what is in theatres and what is new to DVD and Blu-ray. I'll also try and give a bit more variety in reviews, since the one consistent feedback I get is to give more negative reviews...I always use critics as a filter and often skip whatever is supposed to be bad, but I'll try and make room for more turkeys.

Anyways, there are a few films that I'm particularly looking forward to this year. Listed in no particular order, they are:

A Dangerous Method (TBA)
This film sounds particularly exciting: Canadian director David Cronenberg directs an adaptation of a play by Christopher Hampton (Atonement). The films depicts the relationship between Sigmund Freud (played by ViggoMortensen) and Carl Jung (Michael Fassbender) as they work towards the foundation of psychoanalysis. A Dangerous Method also stars Keira Knightley and Vincent Cassel.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:58 pm

http://memeburn.com/2011/01/20-movies-to-geek-out-to-this-year/

20 movies to geek out to this year
By Uzair Parker

Every geek needs his movies. It’s for extending our inherent geek repertoire, for dazedly watching our favourite Saturday morning cartoons come to life on the silver screen (and then being hyper-critical about the smaller details), for filling those awkward moments of silence in certain social circles and for making buying gifts for geeks simpler. Yes, the world of the cinema is every geek’s playground and in 2011, there’s a whole new roller-coaster a-comin’…

A geek without his indelible source of budding movie quotes, memorable phrases, theme songs and re-enactment of pivotal climatic battle scenes is like a Jedi with no lightsaber or a Trekkie with no green-skinned alien sexual tendencies or a Browncoat with no clue of the ‘verse or a mutant with no real powers or a Hobbit with no dirty feet or Iron Man without engine lube or…

Well, you get the idea.

Essentially every geek needs his movies. It’s for extending our inherent geek repertoire, for dazedly watching our favourite Saturday morning cartoons come to life on the silver screen (and then being hyper-critical about the smaller details), for filling those awkward moments of silence in certain social circles and for making buying gifts for geeks simpler. Yes, the world of the cinema is every geek’s playground and in 2011, there’s a whole new roller-coaster a-comin’…

13. X-Men: First Class
When: June 2011
Who: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Kevin Bacon and Jennifer Lawrence
What: Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new); to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Xavier’s X-MEN
Why: Could this be the X-movie to make up for 2006′s dismal Last Stand? With director Matthew Vaughn (Kick Ass) helming and with a superior cast, plot details pertaining to the early mythology of the X-Men and loads of familiar mutants, First Class looks set to be the prequel of the year. Expect to see some sinister new villains, white queen Emma Frost, Cyclops’ brother Havok and even Nightcrawler’s dad (?!)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:06 pm

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/previewing-the-films-of-2011-39-potential-oscar-contenders-for-the-new-year

Previewing the Films of 2011: 39 Potential Oscar Contenders for the New Year
Plus a selection of 12 foreign language titles
By: Brad Brevet
Published: Friday, January 7th 2011 at 11:49 AM

Here we are, the final installment of my 2011 preview and I have 36 new films to discuss, which means in the last four days I have brought you information on 133 different films opening (or expected to open) in 2011. I'd say that's one hell of a comprehensive preview.

Today's installment brings you a look at potential Oscar contenders and a dozen foreign language films I decided to single out. But before we get too far, let me remind you of the previous installments should you want to start at the beginning:

* Tuesday, January 4: 25 Most Anticipated Movies of 2011
* Wednesday, January 5: Curiosities, Quirky, Unconventional and Bizarre Movies
* Thursday, January 6: Blockbusters and Popcorn Features
* Today, January 7: Foreign Language and Oscar Hopefuls

First we'll begin with the Oscar Contenders. Below I've listed 39 films I feel will mark the start of the Oscar conversation for the new year. Fifteen of these films I've mentioned in my previous installments in some capacity and 24 of them are brand new to the preview. Each is discussed individually with a link to their official page here on RopeofSilicon.com if you want further information such as synopsis, full cast listings and pictures and trailers where available.

As we all realize, it's very early and this is just a matter of speculation on my part, but you have to start some time. So once the Oscar winners for the movies released in 2010 are announced you better believe these are the films that will quickly make up the list of Contenders in my "The Contenders" section, so no better time than now to get acquainted.

Potential Oscar Contenders
(in alphabetical order)
A Dangerous Method [TBA 2011]: I expect big things from David Cronenberg's A Dangerous Method, the cast, which includes Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender, Keira Knightley and Vincent Cassel is too impressive not to.

Haywire [TBA 2011]: It's another Steven Soderbergh flick and this one is more likely to fall in the bin alongside The Girlfriend Experience, but personally I liked that film so perhaps if Soderbergh keeps making films of that sort someone will finally stand up and take notice. Outside of the unknown lead actress Gina Carano, the film features some serious talent in Ewan McGregor, Michael Douglas, Michael Fassbender, Channing Tatum, Michael Angarano, Antonio Banderas and Bill Paxton.

Jane Eyre [March 11]: Cary Fukunaga impressed a lot of people with Sin Nombre and his latest brings a Charlotte Bronte's classic to the big screen with talent that includes Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench, Sally Hawkins and Imogen Poots. The only problem? The release date. Just like Sin Nombre, Focus is sending Jane Eyre to theaters in March… will the Academy's short term memory be able to remember a 9-month-old film come December?

Shame [TBA 2011]: Steve McQueen's Hunger was highly recognized by critics, but roundly ignored by the Academy. Don't expect the same for his follow-up, which again has McQueen teaming with Hunger star Michael Fassbender as well as bringing in Carey Mulligan. This film could do big things this year.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:34 pm

http://en.isnhotnews.com/?p=4340

Ten films to look forward to this year
Posted by arnon_k On January - 8 - 2011

(CNN) — The first rule for any critic must be: Keep an open mind. The second rule: Hope for the best.

Still, we’re only human, and while all films may be equal until you actually experience them, as George Orwell put it, some are more equal than others.

It’s hard, for instance, to work up a whole lot of enthusiasm to see Nicolas Cage battle demons in the Dark Ages in “Season of the Witch,” when you suspect he’s miscast and in it only for the money, and you know the movie’s been kicking around for months. (Having seen it, I can assure you it’s every bit as grim as it looks.)

The truth is, you hope for pleasant surprises, but you pin your trust in the filmmakers who have impressed you in the past. This year, there may be dozens of terrific films coming down the pipeline, but these are the 10 prospects that really float my boat.

They are listed in order of release. And to keep things fair, I haven’t included anything I’ve already seen (though I’m certainly looking forward to second viewings of Errol Morris’ tragic-comic documentary “Tabloid,” the Korean art film “Poetry,” and Juliette Binoche in the teasingly ambiguous “Certified Copy”).

“X-Men: First Class” (June 3)

In a nifty bit of repackaging, “Kick-Ass” dynamic duo Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman have concocted this prequel to the series. James McAvoy plays the young Charles Xavier, and Michael Fassbender (“Hunger”) is the future Magneto. Jennifer Lawrence from “Winter’s Bone” and January Jones from “Mad Men” fill out the hot cast list.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:07 am

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/01/04/most-exciting-movies-2011-part-2-thor-harry-potter-hangover-2/

The 30 Most Exciting Movies Of 2011, Part 2: 'Thor,' 'Harry Potter,' 'The Hangover 2' And More!

Posted 1/4/11 1:28 pm ET by Josh Wigler in Commentary

Most Exciting Movies of 2011

It was an excellent year for theatergoers in 2010, and by all accounts, 2011 is shaping up to be just as exciting. From high octane action thrillers and comic-book adaptations to gut-busting comedies and family fare, there's no shortage of highly anticipated films coming our way in the New Year.

"X-Men: First Class" (June 3)
What It's About: Before they became Professor X and Magneto, Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Erik Lensherr (Michael Fassbender) were close friends who discovered their mutant powers alongside each other. But their friendship was put to the test — and ultimately destroyed — by the arrival of the greatest threat the world has ever known.
Why We're Excited: It's no secret that the "X-Men" films have been a bit imbalanced over the years, but the throwback to a 1960s setting and the promise of young Xavier and Magneto have left us thinking that "First Class" could be a first-rate comic-book movie.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:08 pm

http://www.dragonparadox.com/movies/movies-to-watch-25-movies-to-watch-out-for-in-2011/

Movies To Watch | 25 Movies To Watch Out For In 2011
January 9, 2011 – 12:02 am

A year is a very long time when it comes to film. Twelve months ago moviegoers were excited about Ridley Scott making Robin Hood with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett, but had little knowledge of Tom Hooper’s The King’s Speech . Come year’s end and the former is barely remembered, while the latter opens to great expectation on Boxing Day with Academy Awards participation to follow. Right now, 2011’s release schedule – with 25 titles of varied lineage below – looks both promising and suspicious; some will exceed expectations, others will fail dismally. You just won’t know which is which till the lights go down.

X-Men: First Class (Matthew Vaughn – June 2)It’s a prequel. The ageing adversaries of the X-Men trilogy – Patrick Stewart’s Professor X and Sir Ian McKellen’s Magneto – are here seen in the sixties as young men and best friends, as the mutant world continues to draw thematic inspiration from the American civil rights movement. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender take the respective roles, with Matthew Vaughn ( Kick-Ass ) directing.Super 8 (J.J. Abrams – June 9)From the fertile mind of J.J. Abrams ( Star Trek , Lost ) comes his latest mysterious production, which like Cloverfield sports a teaser trailer suggesting some kind of fantastic creature and little more than a cast list featuring quite a few children. Abrams’ teenage inspiration, Steven Spielberg, is among the producers.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:19 pm

http://smartfilm.blogspot.com/2011/01/come-out-now.html

Saturday, January 8, 2011
Come out Now!!!
Highly Anticipated Movies of 2011:

2011 seems like it's going to be a year of big budget movies studded with sub-par superheroes flicks (Thor, Captain America, Green Hornet/Lantern...) and sh*#&% sequels (need I say more than Transformers 3: The Dark of the Moon?) but there's still hope for cinema. The following are the few and the proud that I'm most excited about seeing.
I've attached pictures and release dates when available.

X-Men: First Class (June 3)

Matthew Vaughn, director of Kick Ass, is directing this reboot to the X-Men franchise and it's the superhero movie that I'm looking forward to. The cast is looking pretty great; James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, January Jones; and they're all playing iconic X-men characters in their youth. Cool? Yes. I hope that Vaughn brings a similar tone and style of Kick Ass and turns this potentially cool flick into a real hit.

A Dangerous Method (unconfirmed)

First look at Mortensen as Freud

The story of Freud and Jung, played by Viggo Mortensen and Michael Fassbender, and their developing relationship. Also it's directed by David Cronenberg, who always makes good movies and gets great perfromances out of his seeming muse, Mortensen. I expect this one to be garnishing some award attention next year and am excited to hear more about it.
Posted by SmartFilm at 9:41 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:34 pm

http://www.filmmisery.com/?p=5801

LOOKING AHEAD: 75 Movies to See in 2011

Posted On: Saturday, January 8th, 2011 | Posted By: Alex Carlson

Every year there are a certain number of films that I’m excited to see that are not always the same as the films that I know I will see. 2011 will be a big year for popcorn movies with comic book adaptations like The Green Lantern and Captain American leading the way. However, I am not very excited for those film because I have pretty low expectations for their quality. The films that I am anticipating are the independent and high-profile fall/winter releases. In other words, the type of films that make my top ten list every year. Below are the films that I think I have the best chance of loving in 2011.

75 Most Anticipated Movies of 2011

67) Shame – TBA 2011
Directed By: Steve McQueen

Synopsis: A drama centered on 30-something Brandon, his myriad sexual escapades, and what happens when his wayward younger sister moves in with him.

Why I’m Excited: The director behind the excellent 2009 film Hunger teams up with a phenomenal cast that features Carey Mulligan and Michael Fassbender. The story sounds clever and could be allow for McQueen to break out into the mainstream.

48) Jane Eyre – March 11, 2011
Directed By: Cary Fukunaga

Synopsis: A mousy governess who softens the heart of her employer soon discovers that he’s hiding a terrible secret.

Why I’m Excited: If you need proof that Mia Wasikowska is in for another big year, look no further than this film which gives her the title role. It also stars Michael Fassbender, Jeremy Bell, Judi Dench, and Sally Hawkins.

44) At Swim-Two-Birds – TBA 2011
Directed By: Brendan Gleeson

Synopsis: A playwright’s life begins to mingle with the fictional characters he has created.

Why I’m Excited: 2011 will see the directing premiere of several big actors and in this case Brendan Gleeson will have his first opportunity to be behind the camera. Mr. Gleeson managed to assemble a very Irish cast for this fairytale including Cillian Murphy, Michael Fassbender, Colin Farrell, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Gabriel Byrne, and of course Brendan himself.

16) Haywire and Contagion – April 22, 2011/October 21, 2011
Directed By: Steven Soderbergh
Synopsis: A black ops super soldier seeks payback after she is betrayed and set up during a mission./An action-thriller centered on the threat posed by a deadly disease and an international team of doctors contracted by the CDC to deal with the outbreak.

Why I’m Excited: The brilliantly artistic director Steven Soderbergh continually threatens retirement, yet he remains one of the hardest working directors in the business. His two films coming out this year both seem to be flowing with potential, although they will probably stick with limited releases and not much Awards play.

13) A Dangerous Method - TBA 2011
Directed By: David Cronenberg

Synopsis: A look at how the intense relationship between Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud gives birth to psychoanalysis.

Why I’m Excited: Cronenberg may be my current favorite of the David directors (Fincher, Lynch, Cronenberg) and he re-teams with Viggo Mortensen for his latest film. IMDb describes it as a thriller, but the synopsis doesn’t seem to imply that. Regardless I am very excited to see what Cronenberg has in store.

What movies are you anticipating in 2011?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:01 pm

http://www.tvandmovienews.com/2011/01/the-notable-films-of-2011-part-seven/

The Notable Films of 2011: Part Seven

Jane Eyre
Opens: March 11th 2011
Cast: Michael Fassbender, Mia Wasikowska, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench, Sally Hawkins
Director: Cary Fukunaga

Summary: After a loveless and often abusive upbringing, orphan Jane Eyre becomes a governess at Thornfield Hall, the manor of the moody and wilful Edward Rochester. As a romance blooms, mysterious and sinister events threaten to uncover the dark truth about her employer.

Analysis: Putting the emphasis on the gothicism rather than the romanticism of Charlotte Bronte's literary classic, acclaimed "Sin Nombre" helmer Cary Fukunaga delivers this energetic looking adaptation, the sixteenth such film version of the work not including those heavily inspired by it such as Alfred Hitchcock's Best Picture Oscar winner "Rebecca".

Part of the reason for emphasising the darker aspects of the story is that previous adaptations generally shied away from it. Fukunaga says "I’m a stickler for raw authenticity...that sort of spookiness that plagues the entire story... there’s been something like 24 adaptations, and it’s very rare that you see those sorts of darker sides. They treat it like it’s just a period romance, and I think it’s much more than that".

His approach was revealed in the film's trailer which is also one of the single best previews released last year. Reactions to that trailer seemed to be exactly what the filmmakers were hoping for - those who would have dismissed the project on title alone as some dull period tale were suddenly curious and even keen to check it out.

Moira Buffini's Brit List-making screenplay appears quite faithful to the original text, though the director's emphasis on the tension and atmosphere will hopefully imbue this with an energy and pace often missing from earlier versions. Part of this was shot at Haddon Hall, an estate used by at least two previous adaptations of the book including the most recent - the BBC's excellent 2006 mini-series take with the striking Ruth Wilson and a career-best performance from the under-appreciated Toby Stephens.

The casting here is impressive, from the adorable Sally Hawkins playing the bitchy Mrs. Reed to Jamie Bell as secondary love interest St. John Rivers. Most importantly though is the leads, rising stars Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska make for an excellent pairing that's more in tune with the novel (other adaptations tend to cast Jane older to make the age gap less obvious). Easily one of the highlights of the otherwise quiet first few months of the year.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:10 pm

http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=19336

ENI's Most Anticipated Films of 2011!
Reported by Kristen - 11:43 AM 2011.01.07

With a new year comes a completely revamped spread of movies to anticipate or dread. Since we here at ENI try to look on the bright side of life we decided to come up with a list of the movies you should mark on your calendar and make a point to see. And because this is a list of hot movies and not the author’s personal preferences some of these movies might seem out of a place but they are anticipated by someone, thus their inclusion. So here is ENI’s Guide to the Most Anticipated Movies of 2011!

X-Men: First Class (June 3rd)
Director: Matthew Vaughn
Starring: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne and January Jones
The Story: Before Wolverine and all the rest, Charles Xavier (McAvoy) and Eric Lensherr (Fassbender) were best friends trying to find a place for Mutants in the world. When something threatens the other Mutants the two best friends will try to work together to stop it, only to discover they’ve opened a rift that could tear their friendship apart. This is the story of how Professor X and Magneto came to hate each other.

Why Should You See It?: Even if you aren’t a fan of the X-Men comics and movies the story behind this looks incredible. A tale as old as time about friends becoming bitter enemies, this doesn’t sound like a comic book movie but a Shakespearean tragedy. Directed by the wonderful Matthew Vaughn and featuring a cast of incredible actors, especially McAvoy and Fassbender, this could be even better than the X-Men films before it (although at this point the bar isn’t set too high). Coming at the beginning of the summer movie season X-Men: First Class could set the bar high for future comic films to come.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 pm

http://jaimeburchardt.com/?p=1262

Top 20 Most Anticipated Movies of 2011!
Posted by J.O.B. On January 11, 2011

The awesome contributors of jaimeburchardt.com have racked and racked their brains to bring you their Top 20 Most Anticipated Movies of 2011! By now all of their brains are all purple and mushy…but it was worth it. Be on the lookout for other Top 20 lists from Alberto, jAMES, & Katie, coming soon!

9. A Dangerous Method (dir. David Cronenberg, unknown release date)

In a career that spans over 4 decades, David Cronenberg has always been a brilliant filmmaker. And thanks to help of his last two movies, ‘A History of Violence’ and ‘Eastern Promises’, now the whole world knows that. He returns to tell the story, with a suspenseful vibe, of the birth of psychoanalysis and its creators, Carl Jung & Sigmund Freud. The thing I’m looking forward to the most? The casting of Michael Fassbender, the most talented up-and-comer actor out there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:32 pm

http://www.timeout.com/film/features/show-feature/11068/1/1/

22 Films to look out for in 2011
Tom Huddleston and David Jenkins count down the 22 titles they're most eager to catch in 2011

That's it! Adios 2010, ola 2011! But what should be looking forward to in the cinemas this year? Well, Tom Huddleston and David Jenkins have put on their horn-rimmed glasses and deerstalkers and gone in search the great cinematic prospects of the coming year.

5. A Dangerous Method
Director: David Cronenberg
Those hoping that David Cronenberg might one day return to his body-horror roots should brace themselves for disappointment, as the director heads back to the UK for a stately historical biopic about the fractious relationship between psychiatrist Carl Jung, his respected mentor Sigmund Freud and the troubled woman who came between them. Marking his third collaboration with Cronenberg, Viggo Mortensen stars as Freud, keeping his ‘Eastern Promises' sidekick Vincent Cassell on as Austrian analyst Otto Gross. The cast is rounded out by Keira Knightley as the love interest, Michael Fassbender as Jung and a grab-bag of miscellaneous European talent in the smaller roles. It may sound a touch dry and stuffy, but with Cronenberg in the chair and noted screenwriter Christopher Hampton (‘Dangerous Liaisons') wielding the pen, this should be 2011's period drama to beat.

6. Wuthering Heights
Director: Andrea Arnold
It's going to be a good year for the Bronte sisters: alongside Cary Fukunaga's supernaturally charged ‘Jane Eyre', 2011 will also see the release of ‘Fish Tank' director Andrea Arnold's bold new take on this A-level classic. For those who skipped the 6th form, the story takes place high on the wiley, windy moors (cheers, Kate Bush), where ill-tempered foundling Heathcliff, played here by newcomer James Howson, has a charged and fractious romantic relationship with prissy lady-of-the-house Catherine Earnshaw, played by the equally unknown Kaya Scodelario. Anyone familiar with Arnold's previous work will anticipate that this won't be a traditional BBC-style take on the material: expect naturalistic performances, plenty of heavy weather and one hell of an emotional kick.

21. Shame
Director: Steve McQueen
For a long while, many thought that artist Steve McQueen was planning to follow up ‘Hunger’, his highly accomplished and artful portrait of IRA hunger-striker Bobby Sands, with a film about Nigerian afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti starring Chiwetel Ejiofor. But it recently came to light that he’s working again with the star of that world-beating debut, Michael Fassbender, in this contemporary drama about a thirtysomething New Yorker whose sex life is thrown into disarray when his young sister, Carey Mulligan, moves in with him. To be frank, it doesn’t sound like the hard-edged and challenging film we may have expected from McQueen, but we shall of course reserve any judgement for when the film is released. It starts shooting in January, so we may have to hang tight until the end of the year to lay our eager eyes on it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 pm

http://www.couchpotatoclub.com/2011/01/my-top-25-anticipated-movies-in-2011-part-2/

My 25 Most Anticipated Movies of 2011 – Part 2
Posted by JL on January 11th, 2011

Continuing on, today I get back to counting down my most anticipated movies for 2011. Yesterday, I brought you Part 1 which listed numbers 16-25. Today, we’ll be looking at numbers 15 through 6 as we count down to my most anticipated movie for the year. So without further ado, here are the next 10 in this feature.

8. X-Men: First Class
Director: Matthew Vaughn
Writer: Jane Goldman, Ashley Miller, Jamie Moss, Josh Schwartz and Zack Stentz; story by Bryan Singer
Stars: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence
Release Date: June 3, 2011
Genre: Sci-fi Action
What is it: Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-MEN.

Why it should be good: A look at when Xavier and Magneto were younger. A backstory to where it all started. For such a thrilling franchise, this could be a nice take on the story and provide quite some entertainment and thrills. Plus, having directed movies like Kick-Ass and Stardust, Matthew Vaughn is, I believe, much more adept at creating a movie like this than say a Jon Favreau or such. Vaughn also has the enjoyable Layer Cake under his director’s belt, which very much shows off that he learned well producing Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. Furthermore, his friendship and learning under the great Guy Ritchie, only further adds value to his role as a filmmaker. Meanwhile, the writers have brought us such movies as Stardust and Kick-Ass as well as TV shows such as Fringe and Chuck. Also, it has a pretty good cast.

Why it could suck: Well, those writers did also bring us The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Andromeda. Also, prequels sometimes have a tendency to not do so well. It’s, sometimes, almost as if a prequel is a last resort when the writers have run out of ideas of where the current story can go, so they decide to go back and cash in on the name once more by filling in some gaps from the beginning. I guess only time will tell if this becomes a Batman Begins (ie a very good prequel movie that did very well to reboot the franchise) or it falls more in line with The Scorpion King (ie a complete waste of my time that probably shouldn’t have even been made).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:17 am

http://www.soundonsight.org/predicting-the-20-best-films-of-2011/

Predicting the 20 Best Films of 2011

Every year in January or February I put together a predicted list of my favourite films of the year. Not only am I usually completely wrong, but about half of my predicted picks never even see a release. It is, nonetheless, a fun little project and is a good exercise in getting a sense of the upcoming year. This list is ordered.

15. Jane Eyre (Cary Fukunaga)
I am not a huge fan of the original novel, but approaching the gothic horror present in the material definitely piques my interest. The strong trailer, which promises something dark and dirty – a feature missed in many adaptations — really sold me on the film. The presence of the sexiest man in the whole wide world, Michael Fassbender, doesn’t hurt my expectations either.

10. Haywire (Steven Soderbergh)
I am something of a Soderbergh fan-girl and of the two films that he is supposed to release this year, this one looks the most promising. What has me most excited is that the screenplay is penned by Lem Dobbs, who also wrote The Limey, Soderbergh’s best film. It should be at the very least an interesting take on genre. Oh, and it has Michael Fassbender. Check #15 for more info on why he is super important for a film’s success.

5. A Dangerous Method (David Cronenberg)
As much as I love Cronenberg’s dark and dirty body horrors, I don’t think he has compromised any of his obsessions in his most recent work. The opportunity to explore the early days of psychoanalysis seem like a very reasonable progression of his themes and promises to be emotionally gruesome. All snapshots I’ve seen of the production so far look amazing, and the cast features many of my very favourite working actors.

Justine Smith
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:20 am

http://davidburtonwood.blogspot.com/2011/01/ten-most-anticipated-films-of-2011-etc.html

Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Ten Most Anticipated Films of 2011, etc
Well it's been about two weeks since my last post- this is mainly due to being ridiculously bogged down with uni work of late, as I once again left myself far too much to do in such a short period of time! I had 2 4,500 word essays due in, one which I wrote on the themes of temporality and 'boredom' in Andy Warhol's films, and the other on Scorsese's classic Taxi Driver, from its creation to the legacy it has had since 1976. Both went ok, and most importantly, both are now handed in! Now I have a week of 'downtime' before I start my new uni courses (the ones I will write my dissertations on- eeeeek!) for this term, and this week I intend to get some reading done, making a start on Simon Pegg's autobiography and a 100 Greatest Thrillers book that I got for Christmas. I also hope to get some serious scriptwriting done, now I'm in a more motivated and productive mode!

--------------------------------------------------------------

After publishing my 'Review of 2010' I decided it was time to look ahead to 2011 and what should be a fantastic year for films. Here, listed below, are my ten most anticipated films of 2011. I am not judging these films on any possibility of critical, commercial or awards success, but am instead simply listing the ten films that are most on my radar for the year, films that intrigue me in some way and that I cannot wait to see. Some I know lots about and am fairly confident will be good, while others I know little about and could go either way. Of course, there are plenty of films that are not 'on my radar' and will take me by surprise this year. This list will not, I know for sure, look a lot like my 'Review of 2011' blog post will at the end of the year. But that's the beauty of looking ahead I suppose- it's all unknown. There were several films that just missed the cut, including Duncan Jones' Moon follow-up Source Code with Jake Gyllenhaal and Vera Farmiga, Joe Wright's girl-assassin flick Hanna, Jodie Foster's bizarre-looking, Mel Gibson-starring comedy The Beaver, and The King's Speech (which I think missed out because I have heard so much about it and will be seeing it next week). I also once again chickened out of ordering the ten!

- X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - 2nd June 2011

Very interested to see what is done with this X-Men prequel of sorts, or a 'Young X-Men' as it could be called, following the early relationship of Charles Xavier (here played by James McAvoy) and Erik Lensherr (Michael Fassbender), the two men who would become Professor X and Magneto respectively. The pedigree involved with this film is terrific, with director Matthew Vaughn and writer Jane Goldman coming into this off the back of the hugely popular Kick-Ass, McAvoy, Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence (after her superb turn in Winter's Bone), Kevin Bacon, January Jones and Nicholas Hoult providing the impressive acting talent, and of course the story being a particularly intriguing one for X-Men and comic book afficionados. The X-Men series took a downslide with X-Men 3 and Origins: Wolverine , but hopefully this new film will be closer to the superb first two instalments. We shall see!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 am

http://www.reviewstl.com/my-most-anticipated-films-of-2011-part-1-011211/

My Most Anticipated Films of 2011 Part 1

Tim | Jan 12, 2011

Title: X-Men: First Class

Starring: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender

Directed by: Matthew Vaughn

Synopsis: The teenage years of the mutants are explored at the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning.

Release Date: June 3, 2011

Why am I excited: 20th Century Fox is long over due washing the taste of X-Men 3 and Wolverine out of audiences mouths. I like that the film will be set in the sixties, but I worry that maybe it will fall in the same pitfalls as the other films and cram too many mutants in. I hope that Vaughn can resurrect this franchise.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:39 pm

http://popcandyarcade.blogspot.com/2011/01/30-movies-to-look-forward-to-in-2011-pt.html

Thursday, January 13, 2011
30 Movies to Look Forward to in 2011: Pt. I

We're already 13 days into 2011, and I'm woefully behind on all sorts of posts. The new year, new job, new responsibilities, and that whole nasty business of the Love and Squalor domain name change (loveandsqualorfilm.com, anyone?) have been throwing me off my game. Excuses, excuses. Anyhow, while I've been deliberately holding off on my list of the best films of 2010 (to coincide with the Oscar nominations, yes, so I can rant and rave about what the Academy managed to overlook this year), it's time to cut to the chase and list the 30 movies I'm anticipating the most in 2011. Nope, I'm not excited about Green Lantern or Thor.

8. A Dangerous Method (?) - David Cronenberg + Viggo Mortensen (again) + Keira Knightley +Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds, Fish Tank) + Vincent Cassel + the story of the relationship between Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud = you seriously should not have any questions about this.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:11 pm

http://djlionheart9.blogspot.com/2011/01/2011-movie-preview.html

Recent Posts
2011 movie preview

X-Men: First Class (June 3)

In 2012, Spider-Man is going back to high school, but this year it's the X-Men's turn for the prequel treatment. "X-Men: First Class" is set in the 1960s when John F. Kennedy is President and Professor X and Magneto are best friends from boyhood who call each other Charles (James McAvoy) and Erik (Michael Fassbender). They end up leading rival mutant supergroups and battling the secret Hellfire Club whose leader (Kevin Bacon) wants -- what else? -- world domination. January Jones plays bad girl Emma Frost/The White Queen, Rose Byrne is Professor X's scientist galpal and "Winter's Bone" sensation Jennifer Lawrence plays Mystique. Matthew Vaughn ("Kick-Ass") chose to direct this movie instead of "Thor." Did he make the right call?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next