Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Film thoughts

Go down

Film thoughts Empty Film thoughts

Post by Admin Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:09 pm

http://sleeper9.tumblr.com/post/14111431125/sometimes-i-feel-that-people-go-into-a-movie-intending

Sometimes I feel that people go into a movie intending to dislike it.

I feel you should go into every movie hoping to enjoy something. Even if it looks stupid (i.e. Transformers 2). If a film can’t make you pause your qualms you might have had before, then hey, you have a bad movie (i.e. I never forgot Transformers 2 was pretty stupid)

This is especially true when it comes to reviewing a movie.

I just read 2 reviews today that were pretty critical of Shame. But rather than feel hateful about their criticisms I felt enlightened by their point of view, because they obviously went in hoping for the best but finding a little qualm here and there. Which they both also were able to express clearly and concisely and I could understand and appreciate what they liked and didn’t like.

Then I read this other review just now that completely went in to bash Shame from the beginning and went on quite a rant about how improbable it was that Michael Fassbender could pick up so many women so easily. I could see someone mentioning this point briefly and moving on, but no… this person made their whole review about this one point. I only felt like this person was attempting to express a different opinion then everybody else and therefore their argument only seemed contrived and insincere. To me, it seemed the writer was only pissed that picking up women was made to look so easy and in effect, no real enlightened statements were made about the film or film making in general.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down