Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Director Bryan Singer

Go down

Director Bryan Singer Empty Director Bryan Singer

Post by Admin Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:01 pm

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/02/24/x-men-days-of-future-past-bryan-singer-talk-xavier-and-magnetos-relationship-compares-the-x-men-films-to-marvel-studios/

X-Men Days of Future Past: Bryan Singer Talk Xavier and Magneto’s Relationship, Compares The X-Men Films To Marvel Studios

By: Jamie Lovett on February 24, 2014

In : Movies, X-Men: Days Of Future Past
- 3 Comments

Bryan Singer X-Men

Talking to IGN, X-Men: Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer talked a bit about the relationship between Professor X and Magneto, and also compared the X-Men film franchise to the Marvel Studios films.

Singer was asked what the relationship between Charles Xavier and Magneto would be like in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Singer explained that we’d see the young duo on the path to become the older duo:

I just shot some… yesterday we did James’ first scene, not his very first scene but the scene that follows it promptly. When we come upon him, he looks like a homeless guy. [laughs] I mean James, he’s really found a great character for where he’s at. That’s kind of fun. When I made X-Men one and two, Patrick and Ian always had questions about where they came from, what their relationship was, what was their friendship. And so First Class was a beautiful way to explore that, and now this is the story of them slowly becoming, on the journey to becoming Patrick and Ian. So it’s nice to have Patrick and Ian in the movie as well to remind us where we want them to go.

Singer was also asked how he felt about the X-Men’s popularity compared to that of the Marvel Studios’ characters. He said:

I am conscious of the audience outside the fan base, particularly with X-Men. Because if you really compare the success of the X-Men films versus the Marvel films, you see Marvel’s reach is so much greater. My mom, everyone knows who Hulk is and Spider-Man — well, that’s Sony, but it’s still Marvel. But X-Men has always been a little bit of the bastard stepchild of the comic book universe. It’s its own thing, it’s very rooted in… it sort of exists on the outside. And it’s not instantly… I didn’t initially know who Wolverine was or any of that, but I knew who Spider-Man was and who Batman was. So it’s important to help make a film that… what I hope with this one, because it deals with so much more and our cast is pretty big, that I can reach a little outside the X-Men bubble of exposure and interest.

In X-Men: Days of Future Past, the ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The characters from the original X-Men film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from X-Men: First Class in an epic battle that must change the past – to save our future.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Director Bryan Singer Empty Re: Director Bryan Singer

Post by Admin Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:40 pm

http://hwhills.com/new-x-mendays-of-future-past-time-travel-altering-events-spoilers-dished-out-by-director/

New X Men,Days Of Future Past Time Travel Altering Events Spoilers Dished Out By Director
By: Andre Braddox | March 1, 2014 at 4:22 AM EST

New X Men,Days Of Future Past time travel altering events spoilers dished out by director. As previously reported, Collider got to interview “X-Men: Days Of Future Past” movie director, Bryan Singer (left), and he revealed a whole slew of new spoiler details. In this particular segment, he discussed more of the time travel stuff, and how some things will get altered, and more.

Bryan told them: “Again, what’s weird is there will be people who it will freak them out a little when you go back in time and start altering things, but what’s most interesting about this story is that yes it potentially alters thing but it also brings the characters closer to who they are destined to be.

When I first pitched X-Men: First Class it was always ‘how do I explain how Xavier and Magneto became friends?’ and then frenemies, and this explains how they became Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan. Those incarnations of the characters, because look at who he was, this rich kid from Oxford and the other was off on a revenge mission.

It wasn’t so much the belief system and in the end you have a hint of Patrick Stewart because Xavier is wheeling up to a school potentially, or to his mansion, and with Erik you have the same thing, you have Shaw’s theology, which he acknowledges agreeing to, but they haven’t put them into practice and you haven’t started to see them become those characters that you met in the early X-Men films. So you’ll get to watch that kind of happen.”

The movie is set to arrive in theaters on May 23rd, 2014. Stay tuned. Follow us on Facebook by Clicking Here. Follow us on Google Plus by Clicking Here. Follow us on Twitter by Clicking Here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down