Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Actors kudos for Michael

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Actors kudos for Michael Empty Actors kudos for Michael

Post by Admin Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm

This was kind of cute. It's time for other actors to be asked about working with Michael:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/eli_roth_xPrFcMp2tJhWSyKlXxdqNK

PW: You should take that to Michael Fassbender -- "forget your hunger strike, I really suffered for my craft!"
Eli: Yes, I like to live dangerously, Jarett. Fassbender is the funniest. I'm so thrilled he's getting the attention he deserves. I think he's the Peter O'Toole of out generation, I don't know how he does it.

PW: Well, hopefully Quentin can get that "Inglorious Basterds" prequel up and running so you can all be reunited.
Eli: God, it would be so fun. We're all ready to do it, we'd drop whatever we were doing to make "Inglorious Basterds 2"!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Actors kudos for Michael Empty Re: Actors kudos for Michael

Post by Admin Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

http://lososcar2010.blogspot.com/2010/02/los-mejores-actores-de-la-decada-para.html

jueves 18 de febrero de 2010
Los mejores actores de la década... para los actores
The Best actors of the decade...by the actors:

Sandra Bullock says Kate Winslet in The Reader
Julianne Moore says Sean Penn in Mystic River
Carey Mulligan says Saoirse Ronan in Atonement
Jeff Bridges says “the guy in Chuck and Buck”
Morgan Freeman says Meryl Streep in any film she’s done in the last ten years.
Woody Harrelson says “the guy in The Lives of Others”
Jake Gyllenhaal says Peter Sarsgaard in An Education
Christoph Waltz says Tommy Lee Jones in No Country for Old Men
Sam Worthington says Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor, Or Eddie Murphy in any film where he’s played many different characters.
Vera Farmgia says Michael Fassbender in Hunger
Tobey Maguire says Leonardo DiCaprio in The Aviator
Colin Firth says Kevin Bacon in The Woodsman
Zoe Saldana says Tang Wei from Lust, Caution
George Clooney says Marion Cotillard from La Vie en Rose
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Don't want to start a whole new thread just for a comment:

http://www.teenhollywood.com/2010/03/18/exclusive-interview-vanessa-hudgens-and-alex-petty

Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer, co-stars of July's romantic drama Beastly, are in Las Vegas to receive ShowWest's "Stars of Tomorrow" award tonight. We caught up with them very early this morning and learned that they both spent St. Paddy's day in Vegas watching different Cirque du Soliel shows; He, "O" at the Bellagio. She "Mystere" at Treasure Island.

TeenHollywood: Is there a type of film that you want to make sure you include in your career?

Alex: I want to do different genres. But, I'd love to direct one day.

TeenHollywood: Who would be your dream co-star?

Alex: Michael Fassbender. I don't know him but I saw him in Hunger when he plays Bobby Sands and he's great! (Michael will star opposite Alice in Wonderland's Mia Wasikowska in a new Jane Eyre film!)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:58 pm

From RobPatz, or Rob Pattison, like the Twilight dude...

http://robpattinson.blogspot.com/2010/03/2-new-rob-interviews-from-german.html

Friday, March 26, 2010
2 New Rob Interviews from German Magazines (Grazia and Cinema)
GRAZIA

"My idols are actors like Joaquin Phoenix and Michael Fassbender."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissL Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:17 pm

rob is hot I sond like a teenger Basketball Basketball

MissL
Stelios' sword

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:09 pm

That's ok...you can like him wizard

A lot of women do...

I thought he was cute in Harry Potter, which is funny because I don't watch Harry Potter much. I think that was my first HP movie in the theater.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:47 pm

This is from Romola Garai, who played Angel in "Angel". Thanks to Kowalski on MFO.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/ArtsAndCulture/article/7180/1/Romola_Garai

Dazed Digital: That film was also the breakthrough role for Michael Fassbender. What was it like to work with him? [/b]

Romola Garai: Michael is amazing. He is the living embodiment of versatility. The role that he played in Angel was a very challenging role for a guy to play because the film is so camp and theatrical, and there a lot of male actors who couldn’t have done that. It’s so far from his performance in Fish Tank or Hunger that when you watch those films it actually feels like you are watching a totally different person.

Dazed Digital: What do you think about actors going to the kind of extremes that Michael went to in Hunger?

Romola Garai: Well, if you are in a part like that you just have to do it, but I do sometimes feel like this kind of body dysmorphia is employed by actors to communicate to people how hard they are working. I think sometimes that can be cynical, but with Michael it was just an attempt to get as close to the character as possible. Sometimes I think actors feel they need to do things like that just to prove to people that the job is hard, but it’s a very different thing with Michael because his performance in Hunger was so genuine and perfectly detailed – you could tell that it came from a good place.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:37 pm

From Axelle Carolyn-Centurion

http://www.reelscotland.com/?p=1444

“Michael is wonderful” comments Carolyn. “I always say it’s a good thing he’s such a great guy to hang with because otherwise he’s so good at everything, it’d be kind of frustrating. He speaks several languages, can do accents, is great at physical scenes and he’s just effortlessly good. Plus, he does a great Christopher Walken impression!”

Last edited by greyeyegoddess on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:23 pm

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Film-Review/centurion-neil-marshall-interview

Neil Marshall: Hunger was definitely coming up but he was already attached by then. He got attached very, very early and stuck with us through thick and thin while we were trying to get the money in place. That took a little bit of a while, but he was there and dedicated to it. He’s just one of the finest actors of his generation… he’s just astonishing and the fact that he was so passionate about doing it was wonderful in return. He just lives that part.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Vincent Cassel

http://www.celebcelebration.com/style/megan-fox-is-fierce-in-first-%E2%80%98jonah-hex%E2%80%99-trailer/

Brolin and Malkovich and Michael Fassbender, and these theater actors who are just phenomenons and brilliantly talented.”

Last edited by greyeyegoddess on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:52 pm

http://www.movieline.com/2010/08/vincent-cassel-on-mesrine-black-swan-and-acting-you-need-a-hard-on-perpetually.php?page=all

It’s a great cast. Michael Fassbender, Keira Knightley…
When I met Michael Fassbender for the first time….do you know him?

I’ve interviewed him a few times.
He’s wonderful. He has charisma, he’s light, he’s talented, he’s good-looking. I think he’s going to have a wonderful career, honestly.

And now every superhero movie wants him. He’s doing X-Men right now.
Oh, I know. Anyway, when David Cronenberg calls, you’ve got to pick up the phone. [Laughs]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:22 pm

http://atnzone.com/nz/2010/08/29/movie-review-centurion/

Axelle Carolyn, who plays Pict warrior Aeron, regales that “Fassbender wasn’t allowed to go any faster than trotting and he spent so much time complaining that ‘I need to gallop, I just need to gallop, I can do it’ that at the end of it they managed to get one day of insurance for him, just for him to go and gallop.” A love fest for Fassbender, Marshall does say, “He is also incredibly annoying because he is so good at everything.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:24 pm

More Vincent Cassel

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/interview-vincent-cassel-talks-black-swan.php

Actually, how did A Dangerous Method go?

That was great. We shot that in Germany. I got to work with David and Viggo again, which was great. But I also got to discover Micahel Fassbender, who I didn’t know before. That was a discovery for me. He has incredible qualities as an actor and as a person. He’s very playful, and that’s one of a kind. On the set, it’s fun and light.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:44 am

James McAvoy in X-Men

http://collider.com/james-mcavoy-interview-x-men-first-class-gnomeo-julie/71964/

What’s been the best part of this gig?

McAVOY: The best part about it, for me so far, is that I really love the cast. The cast has just been incredible. We’ve had a lot of fun, actually. I’ve loved working with [Michael] Fassbender. I think he’s great. I’m so glad that we got to collaborate on something. But, just from top to bottom, the cast is amazing. Having Kevin Bacon play your baddie is great. It’s a great, slightly left-field piece of casting as well. I don’t think anybody expected that. Hopefully, that’s a clue as to what the movie will be.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:33 pm

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2011/02/18/i-am-number-four-press-conference-live-for-films-craig-grobler-was-there/

Alex Pettyfer: I don’t know if it is a permanent switch because I love English films, I love Steve McQueen’s Hunger with Michael Fassbender. I love our British independents and that most of our British talent is recognised through them – like Tom Hardy with Bronson.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:41 pm

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118042214?refCatId=13

Steve McQueen

Reuniting with Fassbender was, McQueen said, rewarding. "I think we can trust each other. It's a bit like falling in love -- when you have it you recognize it and that's it. I'm extraordinarily fortunate. I think he's the best actor out there."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:58 pm

“It’s not the only respect in which his life has recently changed considerably. A few months ago, he was offered the opportunity to star on Broadway, reprising his much-acclaimed role in Thea Sharrock’s production of After The Dance – and he turned it down. “I’ve never really made a head-over-heart decision like that before,” he says, “but there’s a bit of momentum and I’d like to keep myself available for films. Because I would like to sit at the big table. I’ve been watching James [McAvoy] and Michael Fassbender and Ben Whishaw and I want a little taste of that…”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/sep/04/benedict-cumberbatch-ford-madox-ford
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:31 am

Tom Hardy

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/16/tom-hardy-talks-warrior-dark-knight-rises-michael-fassbender-and-drug-abuse.html

Before Hollywood came calling, Hardy grew up an only child in a London suburb to Elizabeth Anne, an artist, and Edward, a writer for commercials and sketch comedy. He attended the prestigious Drama Centre London, where he looked up to fellow student Michael Fassbender, who was two years older than him.

“He was a really serious method actor and we used to watch him and think, ‘F---, man! He’s the s---!’” said Hardy. “He was in an Irish play about this guy who came back from the First World War who was a great athlete but ended up in a wheelchair, but at lunchtime he wouldn’t come out of character and was always in his wheelchair and we’d be like, ‘Dude! Just order your lunch and come along! We’ve got an hour before we have to go back to class!’” Hardy laughs, and adds, “But he was the best actor in the school.”

Both Hardy and Fassbender got their start in the World War II miniseries Band of Brothers. The riveting war drama, produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, served as a springboard for many future British stars, including James McAvoy and Simon Pegg.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Gary Oldman

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/gary-oldman-the-spy-who-came-in-and-brought-the-cold-with-him-2356597.html

When Michael Fassbender accepted the best actor award at the Venice Film Festival last Sunday, he paid tribute to someone who might well have collected the prize himself. "I have been following Gary Oldman's career since I was 14," he said. "And I feel very, very humble tonight."

One can't help sensing a greater resonance here than in the usual heat-of-the-moment speech. Fassbender, who is currently starring in Jane Eyre, could well become the dominant actor of the next decade; the 53-year-old Oldman, who was in Venice with the impeccable adaptation of John le Carré's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, is rightly cited as the best British actor of his generation. Ever since burst ing into the limelight in the Eighties, in Mike Leigh's Meantime and, as Sid Vicious, in Alex Cox's Sid & Nancy, Oldman has been a consistently ver satile and daring performer, with a string of historical figures and fic tional monsters to his name, brought to life with an uncanny ear for accents. Ray Winstone, no slouch himself in front of the camera, once called his friend "a genius".

When I ask Oldman if he might have some tips for the young Fassbender and the Hollywood machine of which he's been a part for 20 years, his eyes twinkle. "I don't think he needs any advice from me. I think he's the bollocks. The real deal. When I heard what he'd said about me, I thought, 'Here's back at you kid'."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:44 pm

From Ryan Gosling’s interview

Many, in Venice, would have see you receiving the Coppa Volpi. At the end won your only real rival: Michael Fassbender.

«I’t was right giving it to him. When I knew of his frontal nude, I thought: damn it, there’s no competition for me».
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:54 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 am

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/11/shame-michael-fassbender-steve-mcqueen-envelope.html

'Shame': Michael Fassbender's chameleon power [Video]
November 11, 2011 | 3:10 pm

In Steve McQueen's new sex drama, "Shame," Michael Fassbender continues his streak of playing complex, even tortured types, the kind he recently brought to life in movies as diverse as "Jane Eyre" and "X-Men: First Class."

In "Shame," he stars as Brandon, a successful New Yorker who's also a sex addict who lacks anything close to a grip on his passions.

How did Fassbender, known as a cool customer in real life, so convincingly shift into character? In a panel discussion as part of the Envelope's Screening Series at the ArcLight Sherman Oaks on Thursday, McQueen describes the secret to Fassbender's acting abilities.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:23 pm

http://www.variety.com/awardcentral/2012/featured-news/sagpreview/

osted: Wed., Nov. 23, 2011, 12:00pm PT
James Franco on Michael Fassbender in 'Shame'
SAG Preview 2011: Actors on Actors
By
James Franco

"There is a heavy use of classical music to make the New York atmosphere feel heavier, the sets are generally pristine and sterile, and the lighting is dark and moody, but most of all, Michael Fassbender's regal presence is at the center of everything in 'Shame.' That is the thing about Fassbender, he doesn't quite fit into his movies, he jumps out, not because he can't play his characters to perfection, matching behavior to milieu, but because he possesses something extra, something that we might call an aura. Like all his roles, Fassbender assumes this one with quiet authority; but where does this assurance come from, and why is there something more than just a believable performance? Marlon Brando made Stanley Kowalski explode because he was an extremely sensitive man trapped in the shell of an insensitive brute, shaped by the writing of the poetic hand of Tennessee Williams. In 'Shame' Fassbender is an emotionally charged being enlivening the shell of an emotionally detached character, in a story crafted by the artist Steve McQueen and his co-writer, Abi Morgan. Fassbender is able to articulate the emotional wrestling match that a man does with himself, an experience that usually is relegated to forms such as the novel and poetry because they can take the reader into the character's inner thoughts. He makes this struggle palpable, he does what is often said can't be done: He gives expression to the inner life of the character in a film, not through spoken language -- films usually need to resort to characters saying how they feel -- but through the depths of feeling that he lets emanate from his core."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:49 am

http://thefilmstage.com/features/interview-tinker-tailor-soldier-spy-star-gary-oldman-talks-his-subtle-performance-james-bond-more/

So, was it challenging to make that transition?

Well, that’s the fun of it. First of all, that’s the fun of acting. I like to think of it. When I was growing up [in the 60s], you saw Peter Sellers and The Telegoons and all of those. And [even] Guinness wasn’t always a subtle actor. He’s played his fair share of…he’s worn some funny noses and wigs over the years, too. So, it’s like we’re all in a chain. It’s like links in a chain and it passes through. Now you’ve got Benedict Cumberbach; in this movie, he’s just fabulous. Fabulous actor. You’ve got Tom Hardy, you’ve got people like Michael Fassbender. You’ve got these younger actors of a different generation coming. And we’re all sort of part of it.

What about your status as being this revered actor [who young actors look to] for encouragement or enlightenment? Is it something you ever expected to happen?

[It's been] a wonderful, unexpected thing. I [actually] met Michael Fassbender for the first time the other night [at the Governors Awards], and he just said to me, ‘You’re why I’m doing this.’ I’m [not saying] I walk around on air [Laughs] but those are nice things to hear, especially from people who one admires, who I look at and think he’s wonderful. It’s always very flattering. It’s all been a little bit of talent and a little bit of luck. Careers are funny things.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Sometimes you have unusual choices made by your fellow actors. You never know what they’re gonna do. And I try to you know adapt and overcome whatever situation there is. Well for example in this movie, there is an actor called Michael Fassbender - fine actor. He’s in a lot of movies this year and he plays Carl Jung who’s kinda of you know, his first his student in a way, great friend, and then they kinda in way come apart. The friendship comes apart.

Michael is a very- he’s an Irish actor, fine, fine young actor. Very physical actor. Very fit, he’s always running around doing calisthenics and stuff. And he had a funny thing he’d do and I mean I’ve seen a lot of things but never seen this: before every shot, he had a thing that he’d do ‘cause he wanted to be very like sorta on the verge of leaping at you kinda thing, kinda off balance. So he would jump around on one foot. You know he would get up and he’d just stand there going like that. Sometimes he started skipping rope. And he wanted to have a lean, angry look, intense stare so he’d cover one eye like that. Seriously! And he would do this for a while. Keira Knightley like I say she is very correct, very proper young English actress and she would just kinda look away and she’d be alright with it. But I didn’t know what to make of it. You can’t see it in the movie but every time I did a scene with him he would be kinda like that, takes his hand away last minute - he’d be kinda cross-eyed lookin’ at me like that kinda mouth breathing and stuff.

There is one scene where we were in a sailboat. That is the one time where I was really worried. And I am sitting on a sailboat and he’s steering the sail and everything and he starts doing this and I am thinking, “He’s gonna put a hole in the bottom of the boat!” It was really scary.

— Viggo Mortensen on Michael Fassbender in A Dangerous Method (Late Show with David Letterman 01/13/12)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next