Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

300 May Go 3D

Go down

300 May Go 3D Empty 300 May Go 3D

Post by Admin Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:04 am

Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/300-May-Get-A-3D-Re-Release-17685.html

300 May Get A 3D Re-Release
By Josh Tyler: 2010-03-22 22:39:50

300 May Get A 3D Re-Release People rail against remakes and reboots, but if you think that’s lazy, you haven’t seen anything yet. The next step for Hollywood is re-releases, and 3D gives them the perfect excuse to do it.

Director Zack Snyder tells Superherohype that his Spartan battle movie 300 may be converted to 3D and re-released in theaters to earn a few extra dollars. Apparently they’ve already done a ten-minute segment of the film and shown it to him and now they’re talking about doing the whole thing.

There’s a lot of fun to be had in seeing classic movies in a theater, or even soon to be classics. I missed The Matrix in theaters the first time around (I know, what was I thinking) but managed to catch it a few years later during a one night only replay event. Though by then I’d seen it dozens of times on DVD and yes, even VHS, in theaters it was something else entirely. Epic. Classic movies benefit just as much. Monty Python’s Holy Grail is a blast when seen with a big audience and I’ll never forget seeing Excalibur at the old and now sadly dismantled original Alamo Drafthouse in Austin. But to re-release movies just so you can shove them in front of audiences in 3D… I don’t know if I’m on board with that. I guess if any movie lends itself to it, then 300 does. For Snyder’s film, it makes a certain kind of sense. Disney’s already done it with Nightmare Before Christmas, and that was a blast. Let’s just make sure greed doesn’t lead Hollywood to take it too far. Wizard of Oz does not need a 3D re-release.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

300 May Go 3D Empty Re: 300 May Go 3D

Post by Admin Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:24 pm

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/zack-snyders-300-will-be-projected-in-3d-xerxes-looms.php

Zack Snyder’s 300 Will Be Projected in 3D! Xerxes Looms!

Posted by Robin Ruinsky (robin@filmschoolrejects.com) on March 23, 2010 Share

Gerard Butler in 300

Over the weekend, SuperheroHype got a chance to chat with director Zack Snyder. You remember him. He made an initial splash with a remake of Dawn of the Dead and then a super duper big splash with 300, his adaptation of the Frank Miller comic books turned graphic novel. He followed that up with the less than brilliantly received adaptation of Watchmen.

300 made money and lots of it and now Warner Bros. is thinking of reopening that mine and going for some 3D gold. Snyder was shown a ten minute clip that had been converted to 3D by the studio.

I saw 300 in IMAX. I can see where they could turn the blood, guts, honor and glory film into a 3D experience. It’s got the visuals, the blood, the spears, huge army marching on valiant Spartans, etc. Guy kicked down the well in 3D. King Leo and his men in skimpy codpieces in 3D. I think the giant bellowing Xerxes could be a bit much in 3D, but there’s always a price to pay for that 3D experience.

It will attract an audience if it’s done. There’s the fans of the original film and I suspect that Gerard Butler’s naked butt in 3D will have certain factions lining up.

On a non 3D note, Snyder also talked about Miller’s 3oo sequel. The prequel will be titled Xerxes and Snyder is ready to once again put Miller’s work on film. Said Synder: “I’m pretty confident it’s going to be awesome.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:28 pm

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/03/zack-snyder-talks-300-3d-prequel-xerxes.html

3/23/2010
Zack Snyder Talks '300 3D' & Prequel 'Xerxes'

With Warner Bros. announcing last week that moving forward 3D will be their standard for their tentpole films, it seems that they are also going to be reaching back into the vaults to see what films they can throw into a computer and generate more money from out of gullible geeks.

SuperHeroHype spoke to Zack Snyder at ShoWest and the director revealed that Warner Bros. has already tested 10 minutes of 3D footage from "300": "I saw maybe like a ten-minute section that they'd just done. I haven't seen the whole movie but they're talking about doing the whole movie," he said. We can't imagine the litmus test is very high so don't be too surprised if new arrives in the near future that a 3D re-release is in the works.

The director also spoke at length about the long rumored "300" prequel which seems to be getting closer to happening:

"I'm waiting on Frank (Miller) for the sequel to '300' and there's a really good chance that will be the thing we do," he said, "He's been working hard, so he's supposed to show me something really soon; actually in the next few months, he's going to show me something. There was a big discussion about what we would do for the sequel to '300' and I said, "I didn't tell Frank what to write the first time, and I'm not telling him what to write this time," he told us when asked who came up with the idea for Xerxes. "I'll take it and I'll adapt it and make it into a movie and I'll write a screenplay, but I want him to do whatever he thinks. I'm not going to say I'm 100%, like that's it, but on the other hand, I'm pretty confident it's going to be awesome. That would be the next thing and then I'm working on a sci-fi thing that Kurt and I are writing together, an original thing."

This is certainly a far more confident answer than the one he gave last fall, where he more or less distanced himself from the film. We have a feeling he already knows the direction Miller is going in and as long as its not "The Spirit"-level of awful, we're pretty sure Snyder will once again direct a homoerotic film of greased up men yelling at each other and doing stuff in slow motion. He also says its his "next thing" which seems to indicate he's already mapping out some details in his head.

As for the sci-fi project he's working, we're guessing studios are waiting to see how audiences react to Snyder's action/musical/fantasy film "Sucker Punch" (in 3D!). If that's a success, we're sure the sci-fi film will get traction, but Warner Bros. are certainly eager to line their pockets with more "300" first.

Posted by Kevin Jagernauth at 10:02 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum