Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Impatient with Jonah Hex

Go down

Impatient with Jonah Hex Empty Impatient with Jonah Hex

Post by Admin Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:48 pm

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/jonah-hex-certain-to-be-gunned-down.php

JONAH HEX certain to be gunned down?
Posted by Matt Holmes on March 23, 2010 – 3:22 pm | 0 comments

I understand and have already reported that “Jonah Hex” underwent some late in the day re-shooting at the turn of the year under the consultation of Francis Lawrence (“I Am Legend, Constantine”).

I understand that Jimmy Hayward’s (“Horton Hears A Who“) final cut probably isn’t all there yet, but we are less than three months away from it’s June 18th release date and still no trailer. Not even a 30 second teaser.

No new posters since last year, no official photo’s, in fact nothing since the news of those re-shoots were announced in December when we were assured the release date would stay. So what gives?

Surely at this point, we can consider the June release date to be highly contentious and improbable?

Colour me surprised that a Western starring Josh Brolin along with the acting heavyweights of John Malkovich, Michael Fassbender and Michael Shannon is on nobody’s radar right now. Is it the “based on a B-grade comic that sometimes deals with the supernatural” that has everyone sour on the movie?

Is the re-shoots? Or is it the lack of interest from Warner Bros. means a lack of interest in us? Probably a combination of all three, right?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Impatient with Jonah Hex Empty Re: Impatient with Jonah Hex

Post by Admin Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:01 pm

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/04/jonah_hex_reshoots_trailer_jos.html

Why Haven’t We Seen a Jonah Hex Trailer? An Insider’s View of the Summer Blockbuster’s Troubles

With just barely 60 days left before Warner Bros.’ mega-budget, supernatural Western Jonah Hex is scheduled to arrive in theaters, both fans and Hollywood insiders alike are baffled as to why the troubled Josh Brolin and Megan Fox film still lacks a movie trailer. Considering that Warners started hyping its 2007 epic 300 (like Hex, also based on a graphic novel) fifteen months before it opened, the absence of a Hex trailer at this point is the movie equivalent to spending $150,000 on your wedding, but then waiting to mail out invitations until the weekend before.

A studio spokesman insists a trailer will finally make its debut in front of New Line's A Nightmare on Elm Street, which opens April 30, and that the movie will open as scheduled on June 18. And director Jimmy Hayward (Horton Hears a Who!) texted Vulture to say, "Trailer and film are looking great!" And yet, with this movie's erratic history of creative differences and reshoots, it's hard not to wonder … especially after we talked to Brent Hinds, the guitarist and singer of the heavy-metal band Mastodon, which has been recording and rerecording the film's soundtrack since last fall. "What I’ve seen so far doesn’t seem to be finished to me," says Hinds, adding, "I’d heard a little rumor: 'This s$#! ain’t gonna be ready.' But then again, Warner Bros. is such a f#%@#&! bastard. They’re like, 'The s$#! comes out on the day it’s supposed to.' But what do I know? I’m just the dude to whom they’re like, ‘Hey, play some crazy f*&^%’ music!'"

But before Hinds elaborates, let's run through a brief history of the film. The original directors, Crank's Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, left the film in November 2008, citing "creative differences." Around that time, MTV News asked Brolin about the film, and he said, "When I first read it I thought, oh my God it’s awful! And then I had a moment a week later and I thought why is it awful? Maybe the thing to do is to do the most awful movie I can find." Hayward was hired on to make his live-action debut, but Warner Bros. ended up less than happy with the first cut; the studio ordered reshoots that began in late January and continued into mid-February, with Francis Lawrence (I Am Legend) brought in to serve as Hayward's directing "consultant."

Now, back to the age of Mastodon: The band had been brought in by Hayward to collaborate on the score with Horton's composer John Powell back in September 2009. However, the reshoots and subsequent reediting meant Powell, who was already booked for Tom Cruise's Knight and Day and Doug Liman's Valerie Plame pic Fair Game, had to leave. "There was no animosity," says Hinds. "He was just like, 'If you haven’t figured out what you’re doing cinematically, I gotta go.'"

In his place, composer Marco Beltrami (Repo Men) was hired to work with Mastodon. (A spokesman for Warner Records said the label would not comment on the soundtrack nor Mastodon’s role in it.) “All of a sudden, there’s this new guy, who went in a different direction," continues Hinds, who by that point was on a world tour with the band. "And there was no way he could connect with me: They brought all the new scenes to us, but I was on tour this entire time, so I had no time to preconceive what I wanted the movie to sound like. Being so busy ... it's hard to be creative when you're going through the same motions every day [onstage]."

Hinds says that Beltrami wanted a more restrained, subtle approach than the vigorous shredding Mastodon recorded for Hex in L.A. last fall. "I totally had to go back and start over again," says Hinds, reached in Atlanta as he prepped for the band’s 37-date spring tour of North America, which begins in Charleston, South Carolina, tonight. "We’re still working on it. We wrapped a little of it today; we’re doing a little more tomorrow. Tomorrow is enough for me. I was finished months ago. We had such short notice to work on the thing."

Though constant last-minute change isn't a new phenomenon in Hollywood, Hinds, a first-time movie composer, has found the process frustrating. "I blew my wad over there," he says of the time Mastodon spent recording and composing in L.A. last fall. "It was some of the best s$#! I’ve ever written in my life. Now I’m just trying to finish with as much patience as possible."

The trailer will be a big sign as to whether this movie will be ready for June. Some 20 to 30 percent of a film’s total awareness in the marketplace comes from its trailer. As such, says one marketing chief at a rival studio, if Warners doesn’t have one ready to roll in front of Elm Street come April 30, it means they'll surely have to postpone, since there’s no other Warner Bros. film in the marketplace before June 18 that could be used to expose Hex to the same young demographic. And even if they do get the trailer out on time, says another marketing executive, "They'll have to spend a fortune on TV to make up for the [advertising] delays." Quick, Mastodon, get shredding!
By: Claude Brodesser-Akner
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:05 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=17096#int0

Jonah Hex Movie Update
After months of silence we get some updates on the comic book adaptation Jonah Hex!
Now, if you don't know, the Jonah Hex film is set to hit theatres on June 18th which is only two months away. Except for that teaser poster from Comic-Con we didn't see anything. There has been a lot of production problems for Jonah Hex, re-shoots, new director, small budget...

But now New York Magazine reports that the trailer will probably be shown on April 30th in front of A Nightmare On Elm Street.

This is from New York Magazine:

"A studio spokesman insists a trailer will finally make it's debut in front of New Line's A Nightmare on Elm Street, which opens April 30, and that the movie will open as scheduled on June 18.
And director Jimmy Hayward texted Vulture to say: "Trailer and film are looking great!".

But the leading singer and guitarist of the bend Mastodon Brent Hinds, says that the film seems unfinished to him and that he had to rescore a significant portion of the movie:

"I totally had to go back and start over again. We’re still working on it. We wrapped a little of it today; we’re doing a little more tomorrow. Tomorrow is enough for me. We had such short notice to work on the thing."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down