Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Discuss Jonah Hex

Go down

Discuss Jonah Hex Empty Discuss Jonah Hex

Post by Admin Mon May 17, 2010 5:28 pm

A place to talk about the film.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Discuss Jonah Hex Empty Re: Discuss Jonah Hex

Post by Admin Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:46 pm

I just wrote this on MFO, as I saw the film this morning, and will be going again with a Gman fan later tonight.

Just got back...and some spoilers ahead.

I didn't think it was that bad. Michael might have been in the film about 1/4 of the time. Maybe less. Personally, I didn't mind that it didn't last that long. I agree, they could really put more into, but I enjoyed most of it.

Editing wasn't that bad. There were a couple of places that I saw that were kind of 'huh' in regards to editing. The one that hit me more, probably because I had some kind of investment in it, was the train sequence. Not the train itself, though. It actually had to do with editing Michael in the scene. No spoilers until someone else has seen it. There was one point at the end that kind of put everything together, and I think it was too much for an audience that might not know about the story. And then there was one more spot that felt backwards, which had to do with president and a town. It also could be because of where I was sitting in the theater...near the bottom of the theater. Not always a good place to sit when you watch action films.

Reading the reviews, I'm not sure what the complaint about 'back story' was all about. I completely understood the back story, and I've never read any Hex comics.

I think there were a few things that others didn't like, that I really liked...for example...no sex at all. YAY! And no really bloody violence. In fact, the camera moved away or faded out when something was going to happen. I loved it! Ideally, this could have been a family film, if families were interested in it. I don't get why a good film HAS to have sex and violence to be a good film.

The music wasn't a bother at all. The rock music only played during action sequences, and fit fine.

Half the stuff in the trailers and clips, weren't even in the film. I was afraid of that. So if people are going by the trailers, they don't really get a good picture.

I really liked Josh's performance, although it was hard to understand him sometimes, with the misfigured face. Will Arnett was great. Megan wasn't bad. I've seen worse. Michael was an over the top villain, which was fun to watch. There are reviews that his over the top performance wasn't good, but then those people are probably expecting Lt Hicox or Connor. The don't know or remember Stelios. And they probably don't even know of Murphy's Law. Michael even gives a Riddler's giggle, that made giggle.

The slowest parts to me was the dialog without action. Only two parts-when Hex visits Leila, and Hex and Turnbull's son. Have to add, JDM was good. I think the scene could have been better if the camera angles were different.

Someone please explain to my why John M is considered a good actor. I swear, I see and hear the same character in every film he plays. There's no change in personality, etc. I liked a few moments in the film with him, because he fit, but I guess I shouldn't expect anything grand from his performance.

I thought the plot was clever and believable. If you don't try to think too deeply about the film, it's not a bad film. There's no hidden theme, no in your face eco-green warning, which I absolutely hate. I still don't forgive Happy Feet for that. I know there were 2-3 things that I questioned like why light a fire when there's lit fires around, but then I was thinking too much.

I'm going to go see it again tonight with a friend. It's a nice getaway film, if you don't put any thought to it. It's short enough to deal with if you are really, really unhappy with it.

I liked Eden Lake and Blood Creek, even though I wouldn't pick those genres out to watch if Michael wasn't in them. So if you don't like those, because you consider those bad films, then I'm not sure you'll like Jonah Hex.

As I've been studying film production, I'm learning that there's a lot of blame to put if something doesn't work out. As I really don't know what makes a good film, I'm not sure what they could have done to make it better. Most reviewers know what they didn't like. Not sure what they could have suggested to make it better.

I can't wait to get my hands on the dvd.

I'm sure I'll have more to add when I watch the film again.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:35 pm

I had planned on seeing this again with a friend but she wasn't feeling well. Unfortunately I had bought our tickets because the ticket lines were soooooo long thanks to the toy movie. So I went again by myself-wasn't going to waste both tickets.

I actually liked the film more the second time. There were a couple of things that I had questioned the first time, that made sense the second time. The story seemed to flow much better the second time. The audience was more responsive to the film, laughed more.

I do wish they had extended Michael's and Megan's fight. I think it would have been really good.

I forgot to mention that Aiden Quinn was really good too.

Michael is pretty much in the film from the beginning. He sings too, his little Irish ditty. Smiley

Since this film wasn't really going to hit it big for some odd reason, a director's cut doesn't seem hopeful, but I think it would help the film.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:26 am

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2010/12/26/we-go-ranching-for-jonah-hex/

We Go Ranching for Jonah Hex

Posted by David Sztypuljak on December 26, 2010 · View Comments

Jonah Hex is released on DVD and Blu-ray 27th December and to celebrate, our friend Simon Thompson from Upbeat got to go and learn how to ride a horse and then how to catch a bull with a rope! All of this on one of the sets in which the movie was filmed.

Jonah Hex is directed by Jimmy Hayward and stars Josh Brolin, Megan Fox, John Malkovich, Michael Fassbender, Will Arnett and Michael Shannon.

Synopsis: Jonah Hex (Josh Brolin) is a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort, a tough and stoic gunslinger who can track down anyone… and anything. Having survived death, Jonah’s violent history is steeped in myth and legend, and has left him with one foot in the natural world and one on the “other side.” His only human connection is with Leila (Megan Fox), whose life in a brothel has left her with scars of her own. But Jonah’s past is about to catch up with him when the U.S. military makes him an offer he can’t refuse: in exchange for his freedom from the warrants on his head, he must track down and stop the dangerous terrorist Quentin Turnbull (John Malkovich). But Turnbull, who is gathering an army and preparing to unleash Hell, is also Jonah’s oldest enemy and will stop at nothing until Jonah is dead. Early rumors emerged about a zombie army or Quentin trying to rewin the war, but these were dismissed when producers said “Quentin is more of a terrorist upset about the outcome of the war not someone trying to fight and rewin it.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down