Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Michael Fassbender Says He’s Not Part Of ‘Prisoners,’ Says He’s Still Waiting To Hear More About Jim Jarmusch’s Vampire Movie

Go down

Michael Fassbender Says He’s Not Part Of ‘Prisoners,’ Says He’s Still Waiting To Hear More About Jim Jarmusch’s Vampire Movie Empty Michael Fassbender Says He’s Not Part Of ‘Prisoners,’ Says He’s Still Waiting To Hear More About Jim Jarmusch’s Vampire Movie

Post by Admin Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:48 am

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/michael-fassbender-says-hes-not-part-of-prisoners-says-hes-still-waiting-to-hear-more-about-jim-jarmuschs-vampire-movie

Rising Star Also Talks 'Prometheus,' 'X-Men: First Class' & Steve McQueen Picture, '12 Years A Slave'

It seems just about every time we run a story of late, Michael Fassbender is tied to it or at least mentioned as a possibility. His star has certainly been on the rise this year and top directors -- from Quentin Tarantino to Steven Soderbergh to David Cronenberg and, of course Ridley Scott -- are all clamoring to work with Fassy.

This afternoon The Playlist caught up with Fassbender during promotional rounds for his role as Freud protege Carl Jung in David Cronenberg’s “A Dangerous Method.” During the course of our chat, we tried to garner any additional nuggets we could on the highly secretive prequel/not a prequel/maybe a prequel, “Prometheus.”

“I’m an android, you know that,” Fassbender told The Playlist with a smile. “There’s an android in the original. So that would make me the connection. That’s all I’m gonna tell you. I don’t want to be the one who spills the beans, man. They’ll come after me.”

Fassbender has been working almost non-stop since last year, which he isn’t complaining about. “It was 'Haywire,' 'Jane Eyre,' 'Dangerous Method,' 'X-Men,' 'Shame,' 'Prometheus.' It’s good because I don’t have much time to dwell on them. I finish one and then it’s right onto the other. It’s sort of like learning for a specific time and then just discarding it and diving into the next one.”

The actor has been linked to a slew of projects including the very intriguing potential Jim Jarmusch-led vampire flick. “I’m not sure what’s going on there, to be honest,” Fassbender admitted. “Nothing is set in stone yet for next year. Until I’m on set and working on it, I’m not going to sort of say anything about it.” Fassbender had also been offered the part of the crime thriller “Prisoners,” earlier this year, but clearly he’s not taking the part. “I don’t know anything about ‘Prisoners,’” Fassbender said with a shrug.

He will be returning to work with "Shame" director Steve McQueen for a third pairing next year. “ ‘12 Years A Slave’ is with Steve and I think it’s pretty much out there.”

As for Fassbender’s most infamous role, as Erik Lehnsherr (a.k.a. Magneto) in “X-Men: First Class” the actor is game for returning to the character. “We’re pretty proud of [the first film]. It was a great bunch of people," he said. "I was speaking to James [McAvoy] just before I came out here and we’re very eager to get together with Matthew [Vaughn], if he wants to do a second one, and with the writer and start getting in there early and working from the roots of the second script if it’s going to happen. Hopefully it will.”

Fassbender can next be seen in Cronenberg’s “A Dangerous Method” November 23rd and his second film under the direction of Steve McQueen, “Shame,” on December 2nd.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down