Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Critics' lists of best actors of 09

2 posters

Go down

Critics' lists of best actors of 09 Empty Critics' lists of best actors of 09

Post by Admin Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:28 pm

http://ethanfilms.blogspot.com/2009/12/people-of-2009-well-actors-not-real.html

Thursday, 10 December 2009
People of 2009 (Well, actors, not real people)

10. Eric Bana

The Time Traveler's Wife and Funny People were far and wide not GREAT movies, however both had great elements, TTW had an amazing visual style, couldn't say that for an Apatow film, a man who has completely ripped off Kevin Smith's career and made his latest bomb because of this, but they both had exceptionally grand performances from awesome man Eric Bana.

Bana was hysterical, and added some pep to a dying film suffering a wind an hour and 45 minutes into the 2 hour 20 minute runtime, he comes in, shouting, making jokes and swearing, he's Australian, that's the base gag, but he makes it so much more entertaining because he's, well, a genius.

In TTW thankfully the titular character, played by the terrible Rachel McAdams, isn't as important as this Terminator style nude man who pops up now and then, and is highly entertaining and charismatic as he appears through a non-linear timeline, never sure where he is, or when he'll go again.
And he's just so awesome, the kind of guy who oozes charisma, and even in weak films he proves himself to be a talent unhindered.

9. Jesse Eisenberg

I'll admit, I hated Adventureland, I knew it wasn't the loling on the floor comedy it was advertised as, I went in hoping for another masterful workplace comedy drama/coming of age comedy drama, like Dazed and Confused met Clerks and adopted Garden State, just not as good as any of those films of course, instead it was just pure depression and lots of hitting in the bollocks.

However it once again showed that Eisenberg is a loveable, not likeable, lead, he's funny, uncharismatic and awkward in the best way, and whilst he's done that schtick in the exquisite Roger Dodger and the masterpiece Squid And The Whale, he's great at it. But it wasn't that flop which proved him, t'was another.

Yes, Zombieland, where he, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin and Woody Harellson faced many of the undead with guns, jokes and geniusness. And once again Eisenberg was the top hitter in a group doing amazing work. And I just hope his star actually rises one day.

8. John Krasinski

From The Office to Leatherheads (If we ignore License To Wed, something I've managed to do so far) Krasinski has been funny and sweet consistantly, and whilst this year he only had the one film, it was an amazing film, and it just showed that even out of Jim Halpert he could be funny, sweet and, well, just so damn huggable. He continues to show his knack for great roles, great chemistry with co-stars, and, well, being great, there's nary a moment you don't buy into his relationship with Maya Rudolph, they just work perfectly together, and both can deliver lines snappy and funny adding more to what was written, as opposed to, say, Keanu Reeves, who might take what's written it, and revert the paper back to wood.

7. Amy Adams

I don't have to explain this decision do I? It's Amy Adams, the cute as a button, excellent in everything beauty who, even in films that seem bad, churns out brilliance, and lightens everything up. Sunshine Cleaning had a whiff of indie unsure what to do with this premise, but, Between Amy and Emily Blunt (2 beautiful sisters to enjoy) the aimless plot didn't bother me.

With Night At The Museum 2 I actually, and finally, enjoyed one of those films, having hated the first, and it's thanks in no small part to Amy's portrayal of Amelia Earhart. She's got a great voice going on, and she's super chipper, the kind of pep you can't fake.

And even with the boring half of Julie & Julia it was nice to watch Amy try and portray a normal human, one who has bad, dark moments, which, of course Amy will never have due to her awesomeness. Right?
Well, there was Doubt of course, she played a nun who fears she may have seen the process of child molestation occurring, but doesn't have any proof, making Julia Childs shout at Truman Capote Mark 1 for an hour, but even then she's super chipper and looking on the bright side.

6. Chris O'Dowd

From telly to belly, as a voice over on The Day Today once said, Chris O'Dowd wasn't in BIG films, he wasn't in many films, but he was in films, and they were good, and, dare I say it, he was the best part of them. In March Richard Curtis made a less rom-com, more actual com The Boat That Rocked, wherein a series of characters had vignettes to befit a 2 odd hour run time, one of which was Chris O'Dowd getting engaged, married, then finding his wife in bed with the famous DJ. He's funny as hell in the film, but at the same time he gave more emotion and gravity to the role than you'd expect from such a light, breezy, overlong film.

Add in the equation of a film of the year, and better each time, in the form of Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel, wherein he and two others play imagineers, nerds, and know far too much about Time Travel from films and television, though far too much is my way of saying "I concur with their statement having seen many of what they have and know all of it too. Once again he was hysterical, laugh out loud so, and made it thoroughly entertaining to watch these films.

5. Sharlto Copley

FOOKIN' PRAWNS MATE!
Who is this guy? Why is that 'tache swarming with icky? How would you actually find an orifice to insert oneself into a 'prawn'?

These are, almost, all good questions, and, well, I wouldn't have been able to tell you who he was without jumping to imdb, even after watching District 9. But, I made it my business to know his name, cos, whilst the film wasn't a masterpiece by any means, a no name carrying such a big film, well, and not making it dull and dry, instead being freaking hysterical, no easy task, but with limited effort, seemingly, he gets you interested, and makes him a hate-able racist AND a lovable character on the run in one fell swoop. Also he ad-libbed a lot of the stuff, making FOOKIN' PRAWNS MATE more awesome.

4. Michael Fassbender

Yes, he got lots of acclaim last year for playing Bobby Sands in Hunger, but, whilst that film was disappointing, he came into his own this year. A double header in the form of a brilliant job in Inglourious Basterds as a straight up English officer with a funky German accent, funny and interesting, and then playing a smooth, charismatic, yet darkly weird Irishman in Fish Tank, where he wooed a woman, then set his eyes on the 15 year old daughter, seemingly fatherly, sweet and innocent, but, of course, it being in Essex it can't last in innocence for too long, none of us do...

But he was a higherlight in both films, films swarming with highlights, and the more I watch Basterds, the more I enjoy his performance.

3. Sam Rockwell

What have you seen Mr. Rockwell in this year? If you didn't answer Moon you must now fin a copy and watch, it's one of the funniest, most constantly interesting, and brilliantly made for such a small budget, films of the year, and a testament to Zowie Bowie's work to manage to make a convincing Moon landscape for only £5million. Ok, yes, sound in space is annoying, but sod it, you get Kevin Spacey as a robot and many Rockwells, not just one, and each have a different attitude, and when two appear together and have conversations, boy is it endearing, entertaining, and you can tell which one is which with your eyes closed, the personalities sculpted are brilliant, subtle but entertaining, and showcase Rockwell's undeniable, and underused, talents.

Sam Rockwell for Best Actor Oscar '010!
('010 is a joke given that it doesn't reduce the characters)

2. Jackie Earle Haley

When he was nominated for an Oscar in 2007 I thought "Who the frak" then I finally saw Little Children. I didn't hate it like the trailer convinced me I would. No, if anything I loved it, and not just cos Patrick Wilson is mega awesome. (Although he seems desperate to prove he has an arse sometimes) But the film's most interesting, compelling, and dangerous character was Jackie Earle Haley's newly released paedophile, a man who, at the end of a date whacks off to a woman complaining about her love life.

Rorschach is a horse of a different colour. As the tests prove, he is pure black and white, right and wrong, there's no in between, and Haley, giving a Batman voice that works perfectly and is never painful to hear, it's a natural fit in every moment, offers up a vigilante who, whilst his methods can be cruel, is someone you root for because, unlike everyone els,e he sticks to his gun and can see the world for what it is, not the bull s$#! shrouding everything, and in this comic book character we get a £D human, two lives, one he likes, one he suffers until he can go back to what he does best, and the mix of solo and team work, how he reacts when working with others, just make everything even better.

If he doesn't get a nod this year I'll be miffed, if not shocked, it's a purer, better, more enjoyable performance than Heath Ledger by far.

1. Christopher Waltz

This time last year I'd have said "Who the frak are you talking about? Sounds weird, probably arthousey"
Well, Euro cinema. German cinema. But good ol' Tarantino, in his masterpiece Inglourious Basterds, created a perfect character, self assure, interesting, bad but not evil for evil's sake, and always has something to say, be it claiming he is the Jew Hunter because he's an excellent detective, or the faces he pulls, the subtle, and hysterical, foot on my lap please motion, the 'glass of milk' and pipe schtick, the Strudel (Oh lord that strudel) everything he does we are enthralled, and we don't care that it's not Brad Pitt in what is essentially the second lead behind Shoshanna, no, we're interested in what he's doing, is he gonna catch the good guys, is he there to shoot the Frenchman at the start? What's his game plan?

It's ambiguous, and well done, we fear him and his power, but also laugh at his events, they're funny and dark, and it's no mean feat that he has, in one film, proven himself to be an immense talent, where he goes from Basterds I don't know, I just hope he doesn't sell out and make "Hans Landa: P.I."

Actually, if any networks wanna make that, I'd watch it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Critics' lists of best actors of 09 Empty Re: Critics' lists of best actors of 09

Post by Admin Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:15 pm

http://philonfilm.blogspot.com/2009/12/best-and-worst-of-2009.html

Sunday, December 20, 2009
The Best and Worst of 2009
In previous years, I haven't done my best and worst list until the very end of December, but I've decided to call time on 2009 a little early this time around. I've also decided not to do my customary review of the year and to go straight to the Best Of lists, and this is because my review of the decade is just around the corner. Between now and the end of the year, I'm going to be looking back at everything that has happened on screen since the year 2000, and listing my own personal favourites, as well as announcing my take on the very worst the decade had to offer. Until then, consider this my final word on 2009.

Best Supporting Actor

Michael Fassbender – Inglourious Basterds/Fish Tank
Anthony Mackie – The Hurt Locker
Paul Schneider – Bright Star
Stephen Lang – Avatar
Gérard Depardieu – Mesrine: Killer Instinct
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Critics' lists of best actors of 09 Empty Re: Critics' lists of best actors of 09

Post by Admin Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:22 am

http://ykantgoranrite.blogspot.com/2010/01/2009-so-far-part-iii.html

Saturday, January 02, 2010
2009 So Far - Part III

For my American readers – this is how my Top 20 would read currently, based on American release:

1. A Serious Man

2. The White Ribbon

3. Tulpan

4. Two Lovers

5. The Hurt Locker

6. Broken Embraces

7. Fantastic Mr. Fox

8. Burma VJ: Reporting on a Closed Country

9. Of Time and the City

10. Prodigal Sons

11. Revanche

12. 24 City

13. The Beaches of Agnes

14. You, the Living

15. Hunger

16. Home

17. Avatar

18. In the Loop

19. District 9

20. Julia

In terms of favourite performances, it’s been a funny year so far. I tend to rank my Top 5 lead and supporting performances of each year irrespective of the actor’s gender. I’m not sure if this is another case of my diva worship going overboard, but there isn’t a single male actor in my Top 5 leads so far (bear in mind, I’m yet to catch most of the Best Actor heavy hitters) and only one in my Top 5 supporting (I don’t know how it happened, but Christophe Waltz just did not blow me away). Here is how they stand at the moment:

Best Lead Performance so far:
1. Catalina Saavedra (The Maid)
2. Penelope Cruz (Broken Embraces)
3. Charlotte Gainsbourg (Antichrist)
4. Kim Hye-ja (Mother)
5. Carey Mulligan (An Education)
- Honorary ‘Best Actor so far’: Mark Duplass (Humpday)
- Only the Top 2 are likely to stick around. Of course, if we went by American release, Tilda Swinton would headline this list, and Jeremy Renner, Joaquin Phoenix and Gwyneth Paltrow would duke it out with Kim Hye-ja for the fifth spot.

Best Supporting Performance so far:
1. Vera Farmiga (Up in the Air)
2. Aggeliki Papoulia (Dogtooth)
3. Mary Tsoni (Dogtooth)
4. Alycia Delmore (Humpday)
5. Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds)
- Of these five, only Farmiga is certain to stick around.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:28 am

http://mycinekeira3.blogs.allocine.fr/mycinekeira3-252342-le_meilleur_du_cinema_2009.htm

Les 10 acteurs de l'année

On a retrouvé des acteurs confirmés, des habitués, des découvertes (beaucoup), des p'tits nouveaux qui confirment tout le bien qu'on pensait d'eux, bref des acteurs talentueux, de tous âges, de toutes les générations. Les deux révélations de cette année sont sans doute Tahar Rahim et Andrew Garfield. Le premier est en prison, le second en sort juste et apprend à (re)vivre. Deux rôles bouleversants, forts,différents, et portés par deux interprètes d'exception. Sinon Michael Fassbender et Joseph Gordon-Levitt ne font que confirmer leur talent immense. Sean Penn rafle un oscar (mérité) pour son rôle dans Harvey Milk et Leonardo DiCaprio explose dans Les Noces rebelles (oui, il est un des meilleurs acteurs du monde). Sans oublier tous les acteurs de Inglourious Basterds (Christoph Waltz, Brad Pitt, Daniel Brühl, Fassbender...)et Good Morning England (Philip Seymour Hoffman, Bill Nighy, Nick Frost, Rhys Ifans...).

The 10 players of the year

They found actors confirmed regulars, discoveries (many), the new confirm that all the good we thought of them, short of talented players of all ages, all generations. The two revelations this year are probably Tahar Rahim and Andrew Garfield. The first is in prison, the second comes out and just learn to (re) live. Two roles staggering, strong and diverse, and carried by two outstanding performers. Otherwise Michael Fassbender and Joseph Gordon-Levitt merely confirmed their enormous talent. Sean Penn wins a oscar (deserved) for his role in Harvey Milk and Leonardo DiCaprio explodes in Revolutionary Road (yes, it is one of the best players in the world). Not to mention all the players in Inglourious Basterds (Christoph Waltz, Brad Pitt, Daniel Brühl, Fassbender ...) and The Boat That Rocked (Philip Seymour Hoffman, Bill Nighy, Nick Frost, Rhys Ifans ...).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:19 am

http://armchairaudience.blogspot.com/2010/01/fifteen-favorite-performances-of-past.html

Friday, January 8, 2010
Fifteen Favorite Performances of the Past Decade

This is a list of my favorite film performances of the past ten years. It's not exactly a list of the best performances although I think every performance on this list is one of the best I've recently seen. For instance, I don't necessarily think Kurt Russell in Death Proof turned in a better performance than Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood but I enjoyed it more.

In other words, take this list with a grain of subjective salt. That said, number one on this list was the performance of the decade.

15. Michael Fassbender in Inglourious Basterds (2009)Obviously, Christoph Waltz stole the movie as Landa, but Michael Fassbender took a small, archaic role ("old chap, I hope you don't mind if I go out speaking the King's ...")and made it shine. Is there a man-crush here? Obviously.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:53 am

http://barnabythefilmviewer.blogspot.com/2010/01/best-of-2009-results.html

Saturday, 16 January 2010

Best of 2009 - The Results

Best Film of the Year 2009
An Education

Best Actor in a 2009 Film
Sean Penn – Milk

Best Supporting Actor in a 2009 Film
Michael Fassbender – Fish Tank

Best Actress in a 2009 Film
Carey Mulligan – An Education

Best Supporting Actress in a 2009 Film
Penelope Cruz – Vicky Christina Barcelona

Worst Film of 2009
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:21 am

http://getafilm.blogspot.com/2010/01/best-of-2009-part-1.html

Best of 2009: Part 1
January 25, 2010

I don't know why I created a five-part "Best of 2008" series last January, but it was simple and thorough, and with a few changes I'm copying it 2009 as well. One thing that made 2009 unique was just how few new releases I actually saw, significantly compared to 2008 (130+ new releases) but also relative to any year in at least the last five or six. I can't put my finger on one particular reason; there were just so many times I planned on seeing a movie before I either lost interest or lost time. Incredibly, I think I only visited a theater three times during the month of October - other years I might have done so three times a week during October.

Whatever the reason for my decreased theater attendance this year, though, I really don't feel like I missed much of significance. Just take a gander at the 25 highest-grossing films of 2009, for example. Pretty painful, and though box office numbers rarely match up with quality anyway, my point is that 2009 was still desperately lacking in worthwhile wide releases. So I can only go with what I've seen for the lists to come this week - feel free to let me know what I've missed or forgotten...

The Most Overlooked Performances of 2009:
...why these received so little attention is a mystery to me...

Naturi Naughton, Notorious
John Malkovich, The Great Buck Howard
Sam Rockwell, Moon
Red West, Goodbye Solo
Alison Lohman, Drag Me to Hell
Maya Rudolph, Away We Go
Woody Harrelson, The Messenger
Anthony Mackie, The Hurt Locker
Peter Capaldi, In the Loop
Arta Dobroshi, Lorna's Silence
Joaquin Phoenix, Two Lovers
Letekidan Micael, Heart of Fire
Mohammad Amir Naji, The Song of Sparrows
Michael Fassbender, Inglourious Basterds
Nisreen Faour, Amreeka
Martina Gusman, Lion's Den
Matt Damon, Invictus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:57 pm

http://lavraki.com/oscar-2010-nomination-predictions-supporting-actor-2/

Oscar 2010 Nomination Predictions: Supporting Actor

Christoph Waltz’s lip-licking good show as the smartest Basterd in the Gestapo has so thoroughly run the table with guilds’, critics’, and humanitarian awards that it’s left the remainder of the category’s contenders cowering in his shadow. It’s so dark back there, in fact, it’s hard to even know who else is vying for one of the other four slots, widely accepted to be superfluous at this point given that no one has amassed a sweep this powerful since Martin Landau’s Bela Lugosi in 1994. (Even that invincible perfect storm that was Heath Ledger’s Joker managed to miss a few key trial heats; both the New York Film Critics Circle and the National Society of Film Critics opted to sidestep posthumous laurels.) Waltz’s biggest miss to date: losing the National Board of Review citation to Woody Harrelson’s tough, empathetic, emotionally wounded war vet in The Messenger. (The Board was blind to Landau too, instead opting for Gary Sinese’s tough, empathetic, physically wounded war vet in Forrest Gump.)

Naturally, Harrelson is the only other legitimate sure thing among plausible nominees. And I use the word “plausible” unadvisedly, since the lack of perspective Waltz’s precursor rampage has wrought means no one else has been given a forum to make a proper case. Not even any of Waltz’s own co-stars. In a just world, Michael Fassbender’s knockout display of just-barely concealed tension in Basterds would’ve been enough to at least put his name into the mix. And if being thick-necked, talking in a funny accent, and making absolutely no impression whatsoever are apparently enough to make Matt Damon’s boring Invictus rugby star a legitimate candidate, should we not also be talking about the unilaterally terrible Eli Roth’s chances? No? Well, then let’s go ahead and scratch off Puffy Pecs Springbok off the list too. (And cross off Mike Myers’s preposterous cameo too, since his ham-on-wry counterpart in An Education, Alfred Molina, was snubbed by both SAG and the Globes.)

Stanley Tucci’s two high-profile performances should have equaled one easy nomination, but the accomplishment diminishes significantly when the double-bill is split. Which is the lesser of the two evils: his willingness to be Streeprolled in the inoffensively boring Julie & Julia or his fondness for Telly Monster vocal inflections in the flamboyantly awful The Lovely Bones? Both exceeded box office expectations, so we’re going to place our bets on Oscar voters opting for bad overacting in lieu of decent underacting. That maxim probably also launches Christopher Plummer’s bellowing, arguably leading performance in The Last Station into the final five, even though an actor whose work in The Insider couldn’t even score a nomination against Michael Clarke Duncan is clearly hated by the Academy.

Which leaves us with one all but unfillable slot. Because the rest of the Oscars this year seem bent on honoring the simple pleasures of establishmentarian tastes, Christian McKay’s work in what seems to us an anti-Orson Welles beatdown sounds like a perfect fit to us.

Will Be Nominated: Woody Harrelson (The Messenger), Christian McKay (Me and Orson Welles), Christopher Plummer (The Last Station), Stanley Tucci (The Lovely Bones), and Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)

Should Be Nominated: Robert Duvall (The Road), Alden Ehrenreich (Tetro), Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds), Woody Harrelson (The Messenger), and Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:11 pm

http://davesmoviesite.blogspot.com/2010/01/2009-year-in-review-supporting-actor.html

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2009 Year In Review: Supporting Actor

As is often the case, I found the performances in this category to be among the most interesting. The number one performance here gets my vote for the best performance of the year. And I had to leave off some very strong performances by Richard Kind in A Serious Man, Stephen Lang in Avatar and Public Enemies, Alfred Molina in An Education, Anthony Mackie in The Hurt Locker and Paul Schneider in Bright Star. Lots of great work this year.

10. Michael Fassbender in Inglorious Basterds

I saw Michael Fassbender deliver four great performances in 2009 - two holdovers from 2008, the great Irish prison drama Hunger, and the disturbing horror film Eden Lake and an early screening of the upcoming film Fish Tank but for most viewers, his performance in Inglorious Basterds is most likely the first time they saw him, and he made quite an impression. His first scene is an hilarious send up of old Hollywood movies, being given a mission in front of a huge map of the world. But his great work is in the extended barroom seen, speaking in German. Fassbender is quick witted and smart, charming right up until the bullets start flying. A star is born.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissL Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 pm

then playing a smooth, charismatic, yet darkly weird Irishman in Fish Tank

I think it sumes up the movie very well

MissL
Stelios' sword

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:34 am

http://www.anomalousmaterial.com/movies/2010/01/top-50-male-performances-of-the-decade/

Top 50 Male Performances of the Decade

| By Red

Aaaaaaaaand we’re back for round two, this time focusing on the dominating gender. Just kidding ladies! But if you missed my first list, I ranked the beauties of the big screen earlier in the week. I must say, this list was much harder to do. That probably has to do with the number of meaty roles out there for the guys to take up compared for the women. What was also harder about this list was that there weren’t as many multiple nominations to cut down on. The males just don’t have as many dominating figures as Linney, Streep, and Kidman. Sure the likes of Day-Lewis and DiCaprio are around, but they really don’t make as many films as they should. (Leo has 27 movies “In Development” listed on IMDb, by the way. That can’t be right. Can it?)
Don’t Miss the Jump>>

As with the females, I am not including any 2009 roles, as I am choosing to let them settle, so don’t yell at me when you don’t see Christoph Waltz’s name on here. And I also limited each actor to only two roles for the decade. I decided not to do denote which actors had more roles that deserved mentioning with the males, as I knew I was going to limit myself before I made my list. I could’ve very easily listed another 50 performances, so I’m sure I left of a couple of your favorites. Make sure you let me know which ones I missed and discuss which of the following are your favorites.

* Andy Serkis, The Lord of the Rings (2002-2003)
* Bill Murray, Lost in Translation (2003)
* Brad Pitt, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)
* Brad Pitt, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
* Casey Affleck, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)
* Casey Affleck, Gone Baby Gone (2007)
* Christian Bale, American Pyscho (2000)
* Colin Farrell, In Bruges (2008)

* Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood (2007)
* Daniel Day-Lewis, Gangs of New York (2002)
* David Strathairn, Good Night, and Good Luck (2005)
* Denzel Washington, Training Day (2001)
* Djimon Hounsou, Blood Diamond (2006)
* Don Cheadle, Hotel Rwanda (2004)
* Ed Harris, Pollock (2000)
* Ewan McGregor, Moulin Rouge! (2001)

* Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland (2006)
* Francois Begaudeau, The Class (2008)
* Gael Garcia Bernal, Amores Perros (2000)
* Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight (2008)
* Heath Ledger, Brokeback Mountain (2005)
* Ian McKellen, The Lord of the Rings (2001-2003)
* Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men (2007)
* Jeff Daniels, The Squid and the Whale (2005)

* Jim Carrey, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2006)
* Jonny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean (2003-2006)
* Johnny Depp, Sweeney Todd (2007)
* Ken Wantanabe, The Last Samurai (2003)
* Leonardo DiCaprio, The Aviator (2004)
* Mads Mikkelsen, After the Wedding (2006)
* Mark Ruffalo, You Can Count on Me (2000)
* Mathieu Amalric, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007)

* Matt Damon, The Bourne Series (2002-2007)
* Michael Fassbender, Hunger (2008)
* Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler (2008)
* Paul Bettany, Dogville (2004)
* Paul Giamatti, Sideways (2004)
* Peter Sarsgaard, Shattered Glass (2003)
* Richard Jenkins, The Visitor (2008)
* Robert Downey Jr., Tropic Thunder (2008)
* Russell Crowe, Gladiator (2000)

* Sean Penn, Mystic River (2003)
* Sean Penn, Milk (2008)
* Tadanobu Asano, Mongol (2007)
* Terrance Howard, Hustle and Flow (2005)
* Tom Cruise, The Last Samurai (2003)
* Tony Leung Chiu-Wai, In the Mood for Love (2001)
* Viggo Mortensen, A History of Violence (2005)
* Viggo Mortensen, Eastern Promises (2007)
* Will Farrell, Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
* Will Smith, Ali (2001)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:46 pm

http://nicegirlstv.com/2010/02/11/a-look-back-at-2009-part-6/

A Look Back at 2009 (Part 6)

February 11, 2010 by Rueben

Much like the New Faces of 2009, there are always entertainers of note to be on the look-out for in the new year. With the help of some online research, here are my predictions for the faces of 2010 (in no particular order):

12. Michael Fassbender – Michael has appeared in the UK series Hex and the box office movies 300 and Inglourious Basterds, but it will be his upcoming roles in the theatrical release Jonah Hex – coming out next June – and his role in the acclaimed story of Jane Eyre expected for 2011 that will hopefully, finally, get him some much-deserved attention,
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:10 pm

http://beyondthegreendoor.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-favorite-performances-of-past-decade.html

Wednesday, February 17, 2010
My Favorite Performances of The Past Decade
Film reviewing like life itself is a subjective experience. So when I started thinking about which actors stood out as the “best” of the decade I inevitably thought of which performances became seared into my own mind with the visceral force of a hot iron. And that in turn has led me to these five thespians that with the slightest gesture, with a single syllable raised the powerful films they were in to a shamanistic level.

Michael Fassbender – Hunger

As the real life (IRA) prisoners’ rights activist and hunger striker Bobby Sands Michael Fassbender announces himself as the next Daniel Day Lewis. Fassbender’s dignified and nuanced portrayal of a man whose body physically deteriorates while his mind and soul spiritually grow is nothing short of astounding. Christian Bale should take note.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:31 pm

http://funnystory82.blogspot.com/2010/02/daily-marketotes-february-16-2010.html

We & M are still working on drawing up a list from the list of our favorite films of the year 2009, but our favorite actor of the year is Michael Fassbender. We were originally with his performance impressed director Steve McQueen's Hunger and deeply moving film (2008) and how many U.S. film critics, we didn & t the ability to be hungry to see
Daily Marketotes February 16, 2010
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:33 pm

http://livingincinema.com/2010/02/17/the-muriels-cinematic-breakthrough-and-music/

The Muriels: Cinematic Breakthrough and Music
By Craig Kennedy - February 17th, 2010; 9:10 am

Muriel continues to spread the love for the best in cinema in the year that was 2009.

This time Christoph Waltz nabs the award for Best Cinematic Breakthrough honoring “a performer, filmmaker, or technician who made a notable debut in film, took his/her career to a higher level, or revealed unforeseen layers to his/her talent during the year 2009.”

Unless you watch a lot of German TV, it’s unlikely you’d heard of Mr. Waltz before and he certainly made a strong impression as “The Jew Hunter” Col. Hans Landa in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds. Even the film’s detractor’s would have to agree he was terrific. Having said that, he didn’t get my vote. In retrospect he probably should have, but there it is.

1. Christian McKay
2. Jeremy Renner
3. Neill Blomkamp
4. Sharlto Copley
5. Michael Fassbender

Meanwhile, for Best Music (original, adapted or compiled) I voted for:

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. A Serious Man
3. Fantastic Mr. Fox
4. Where the Wild Things Are
5. Coco Before Chanel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 am

http://movieskickassblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-best-of-09-supporting-actor.html

Wednesday, February 24, 2010
(My) Best of 09: Supporting Actor.

1. Michael Fassbender in "Fish Tank" (read my review)

From the second Connor (Fassbender) walks into Mia's (Katie Jarvis) kitchen we know he's just no good.

"You dance like a black" he tells her, holding up his loose pants while stretching his tiger like body as he makes coffee. He later clarifies he meant it as a compliment. For the fifteen year old girl who barely gets attention from anyone else, it's delightful to see that her mother (Kierston Wareing) finally brought home a man that might act as a father figure.

He takes them out, listens to fancy music (for her at least) and takes an interest in her dancing career. But there's something about the way he looks at her, the proximity with which he shows her things and the kindness he gives her that make us mistrust him.

Connor is not a villain in the "movie" sense of the word, the nature of his acts doesn't make him evil and he's capable of making us wonder how much did we help him succeed in his actions.

Fassbender gives him an almost predatory quality as he seduces us before seducing Mia. That he does so without recurring to cheap techniques is surprising but that he sees Connor and recognizes him first as a human being is nothing short of courageous.

Few working actors push the limits of right and wrong like Fassbender.
Posted by Jose at 4:26 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:41 pm

http://bittergrace.wordpress.com/2010/02/27/2009-a-year-in-film-part-4/

2009: A Year in Film Part 4
2010 February 27
by Ayn Marie Dimaya

FAVORITE PERFORMANCES

and now for the memorable performances of the year…

7. the ensemble cast of In The Loop (Peter Capaldi, Tom Hollander, James Gandolfini, etc…) as the idiots who run the UK & US government

6. Jackie Earle Haley as Rorshach in Watchmen

5. Michael Fassbender as Connor in Fish Tank
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:08 am

http://wandiekabule.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-am-being-reminded-every-day-as-i.html

Saturday, March 6, 2010
Favorite Performances of 2009
I am being reminded every day as I drive through detoured streets and notice more and more tourists flooding into town that there is some sort of big awards ceremony happening tomorrow. I'm going to avoid making predictions, but I suppose this might be a fine time for a list.

Favorite Performances of 2009
1. Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
2. Tahar Rahim, A Prophet
3. Tom Hardy, Bronson
4. Nicolas Cage, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans
5. Katie Jarvis and Michael Fassbender, Fish Tank
6. Colin Firth, A Single Man
7. Jeremy Renner, The Hurt Locker
8. Everyone, The White Ribbon
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:28 am

http://emofights.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-top-20-performances-of-2009.html

Friday, March 5, 2010
My Top 20 Performances of 2009

11. Michael Fassbender - Inglourious Basterds
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 am

http://lilokpelikula.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/attica-attica-top-films-of-2009-favorite-performances/

Attica! Attica! Top Films of 2009! (Favorite Performances) March 15, 2010
Posted by Richard Bolisay in Yearender.
trackback

This will spoil the remainder of the list, but that can’t be helped. As much as we love beautiful actors, we love great actors even more. Great actors alone can save a crappy film from damnation, because even if the film is that bad, at least they are there to grace it, to offer some manna amid the atrociousness, which in the end may actually change our mind about the film.

Some of these performances I selected below for 2009, the last five in particular, rank among the best of the past decade, methinks. Agree or not?

Anyway, let’s go Eskimo!

6. Michael Fassbender and Katie Jarvis as Connor and Mia in Fish Tank
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:07 am

http://resdog55.wordpress.com/2010/03/19/2009/

“2009″
By resdog55

So, 2009 has come to a close and we are embarking on a brand new decade in film. 2009 was a pretty great year in film for the most part and here were some of my favorite films from that year and some of my least favorite.

Favorite Films

* Inglourious Basterds- Quentin Tarantino
* Where the Wild Things Are- Spike Jonze
* A Serious Man- Coens
* Bright Star- Jane Campion
* (500) Days of Summer- Marc Webb
* In the Loop- Armando Ianucci
* Antichrist- Lars Von Trier
* The Hurt Locker- Katheryn Bigaloew
* Adventureland- Greg Mottola
* Anvil The Story of Anvil- Sacha Gervasi

Favorite Male Performances

* Christoph Waltz- Inglourious Basterds
* Michael Fassbender- Fish Tank, Inglourious Basterds
* Nicholas Cage- Bad Liuetenant POCNO
* Max Records- Where the Wild Things Are
* Michael Stuhlbarg-A Serious Man
* Jeremy Renner- The Hurt Locker
* Willem Dafoe- Antichrist
* Joaquin Phoenix- Two Lovers
* Souleymane Sy Savane- Goodbye Solo
* Peter Capaldi- In the Loop
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:07 pm

http://racsoledger.blogspot.com/2010/03/racso-awards-2009-supporting-actor.html

RacsO Awards 2009: Supporting Actor
Posted on 7:07 AM

In the Running: Robert Duvall (The Road), Woody Harrelson (The Messenger), Daniel Bruhl (Inglourious Basterds)

Almost making it: Neil Ryan Sese (Mangatyanan), Coco Martin (Jay)

Finalists

Won Bin
Mother
What I loved with how Won Bin played his character was that he looked and appears to be doltish and retarded, but he is trying so hard not to be one, and you can see it in his eyes that he is thinking so hard at the things that he does and says. It is not your typical retarded awards baiting performance, he made his own, and it worked really well with the movie.

Michael Fassbender
Fish Tank
After "Hunger", I wanted to see more of Fassbender, I know that he is going to be one of the actors to look out for. If "Hunger" was his breakthrough, his performance in "Fish Tank" would cement his name as one of the best new actors out there. What made me love the performance was that I know that he is up to no good, but then you root for him, then he made all the wrong moves, yet you pity him. Big big bonus points this year was his superb turn in "Inglourious Basterds".

Michael Gambon
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter actors are continually overlooked year after year. I think that they missed the opportunity twice now, first with Imelda Staunton and this year they passed on Michael Gambon's towering work as Professor Dumbledore. He kept me guessing, what he was thinking and what he was going to do next. There was something lonely about Dumbledore. Now I am sad because I will not get to see him again. Dang.

Sid Lucero
Aurora
Sid Lucero in Adolf Alix's almost unseen work "Aurora" was one of the those performance that did not have a moment (a la Simon Cowell) but it was the whole performance that was the moment. He totally dug deep into the character and he completely transformed and was virtually unrecognizable. The look, the voice and accent, you are going to be convinced that he really is a Muslim. I just wish that this movie had gotten more audience than it had.

Paul Schneider
Bright Star
There were times that you are going to feel annoyed with him in the movie, that kinda was the catch, his character was the one you should hate because he seems to be ruining the romance between Fanny and John. I dug the accent, I think he nailed it, but not just that, I think he nailed the whole performance. He started out as a pain in the behind, then when things got awry he suddenly became the concerned best friend.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down