Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

X-Men Behind the Scenes

Go down

X-Men Behind the Scenes Empty X-Men Behind the Scenes

Post by Admin Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:37 pm

http://www.cinematical.com/2010/09/08/january-jones-emma-frost-x-men-first-class/

January Jones as Emma Frost in 'X-Men: First Class' (First Look)

by Alison Nastasi Sep 8th 2010 // 4:10PM

We've known since the middle of August that Mad Men actress January Jones would be playing Emma Frost in the big screen version of Marvel's X-Men: First Class. Today, we got our first opportunity to see the actress in the part.

The photos feature Jones in her 60's era Frost apparel and aren't particularly exciting -- but do show that the actress looks convincing in the part (I dig the getup). One shot has her sitting in a helicopter, while the rest are basically her wandering around the set (with her stunt double turning up as well).

Matthew Vaughn is directing the project, and recent reports indicate that the film will not follow the storyline from the comic series. Instead, it will focus on the early relationship between Professor X (James McAvoy) and Magneto (Michael Fassbender) as they meet and plan for the future of mutant-kind. The film will take place during the 1960s, while President Kennedy is still alive and will not feature Cyclops. First Class is also going global (with shooting locations in England and the US) and part of the plot taking place in the Soviet Union.

Shooting is currently underway in England with a planned release date in June 2011.

So far, so good. I like Jones as Frost and setting the film during the 1960's seems like an interesting twist -- plus it means we'll get to see more classic X-Men costumes. What do you guys think? Does Jones make a convincing White Queen? Are you at all excited about this project? Check out the images in the gallery below, and more over at INF Daily.

Last edited by greyeyegoddess on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

X-Men Behind the Scenes Empty Re: X-Men Behind the Scenes

Post by Admin Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:11 pm

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/707845/X-Men-First-Class-Directly-Recreating-Scene-From-X-Men-1.html

X-Men First Class Directly Recreating Scene From X-Men 1?
Posted 4 hours 39 mins ago - By Joseph Baxter

Magneto Origin Film Moving Forward?

Judging by the barrage of set snapshots that recently popped up on the web (which Fox are promptly having taken down,) X-Men: First Class is clearly up and running. Yet, there still remains a lingering question about this new entry in the X-Men film franchise which is primarily set in the swinging 60's: Is it a prequel or reboot? For a time, it seemed like the casting of January Jones as Emma Frost (played by younger actress Tahyna Tozzi in X-Men Origins: Wolverine at a point supposedly later in time,) was the official stamp indicating First Class' reboot status. Well, the latest news tidbit has certainly raised that question once again. According to a report from BleedingCool, director Matthew Vaughn has pulled-off what is allegedly a shot-for-shot remake of the opening scene of Bryan Singer's first X-Men film. -- At least, "up to a point." So, what's going on here?

The scene, detailing Magneto's origin as a small child (played by Bill Milner and by Michael Fassbender as an adult) in 1945 imprisoned in a Nazi concentration camp in Poland, is a conventional version of the mutant master of magnetism's tragic upbringing. So, there's certainly no surprise that said film would try to represent this angle in some way. In fact, this was to be a centerpiece in the scrapped X-Men Origins: Magneto project. Yet, the report of a shot-for-shot remake of the scene from Singer's film has again raised speculation that this film is not so much a reboot, as it is a proper prequel to Bryan Singer's X-films (which were wrapped-up by Brett Ratner.)

According to BleedingCool's report:

"This sequence plays out shot-for-shot in the upcoming X-Men: First Class… at least, up to a point. They casting is different too, of course – this time around, the tremendous Bill Milner is playing Lensherr – and when the sequence does deviate, it’s with some very dramatic twists… which we’ll be keeping under our hats for now, I’m afraid."

While the overly-crowded cast of mutants, many of which are obscure and anochronistic to the time period may have given some fans (myself included) some apprehension, I'm actually pretty excited to see Kevin Bacon playing Sebastian Shaw. With the whole Hellfire Club storyline playing out, it should make for a unique X-Men experience. However, as a fan, I also hope that this film's status ultimately reveals itself as a reboot. I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that the way X-Men: The Last Stand played out was a complete and total mess and the idea that this version of the X-Men mythos would ultimately end with the events in THAT film, would leave a horrible stain on this upcoming film.

What's your current outlook on X-Men: First Class? Is it shaping up to be worthwhile? Or is it a waste of time?

Source: BleedingCool
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:39 am

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/10/01/scoop-x-men-first-class-to-contain-key-scene-recreated-from-first-x-men-movie

SCOOP: X-Men: First Class To Contain Key Scene Recreated From First X-Men Movie
Submitted by Brendon Connelly on October 1, 2010 – 5:52 am

If you ever had any doubt about how the upcoming X-Men: First Class was to dovetail into the existing Fox X-movies, shrug it off now. We’ve learned that a crucial moment from the first picture has been restaged for the next one, with the new cast and a couple of dramatic new twists.

Picture this scene unfolding. Heavy rain drumming into a muddy puddle. Feet come splashing in from left of frame. A procession of people, none of them are in any kind of hurry… indeed, they seem to be just tumbling along, some of the people maybe even resisting, being pushed forwards. The camera pans up, fades through black and we’re climbing up a brick wall…

…the wall of a sentry station. The armed soldier within watches as a crowd progresses. A caption on screen reads Poland 1944. Cut to a tighter shot on the group, cowed, wet, broken, but always coming forwards.

Then we’re in a close up on a man, limping forwards. He turns to his right and the camera pans with his gaze. He’s flanking a teenage boy wearing fear and exhaustion on his face. The camera pans a little more to reveal a woman on the boy’s other side. The boy and woman exhange a look that lasts only a moment, before they look away, back at the ground, back where they are walking. Back at their fate.

It’s the very beginning of Bryan Singer’s X-Men, and it’s our introduction to the young Eric Lensherr, the boy who will later become Magneto, the mutant millitant leader.

According to Bleeding Cool’s sources, this sequence plays out shot-for-shot in the upcoming X-Men: First Class… at least, up to a point. They casting is different too, of course – this time around, the tremendous Bill Milner is playing Lensherr – and when the sequence does deviate, it’s with some very dramatic twists… which we’ll be keeping under our hats for now, I’m afraid.

Director Matthew Vaughn had video reference of the original sequence on tap for the cast and crew during their prep for shooting this sequence, and for the shots that are mirrored, the attention to detail is apparently quite exhaustive.

There we go. Yet another reason, if only a small one, that I’m looking forward to what First Class will bring us next summer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:09 pm

http://www.marvelmovienews.co.uk/2010/10/x-men-first-class-some-new-set-photos-a-brief-verdict-on-footage/

X-Men: First Class – Some new set photos a brief verdict on footage

03 October 2010 By shield 0 In Other Marvel Universe Movies, X-Men: First Class

UK TV, radio presenter and film journalist Jonathan Ross (husband of First Class screenwriter Jane Goldman) tweeted his (obviously unbiased) opinion on some footage that he has seen:

“I probably shouldn’t tweet this,…but – saw some footage from X-Men First Class this morning. It will be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Jonathan Ross… never knowingley understated…

Meanwhile, the Joy in the Journey blog has published a few more photos from the location shoot on Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class, which include a look at the film’s logo (which may or may not change before release). You can see them here.

X-Men: First Class stars James McAvoy, January Jones, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Caleb Landry Jones, Lucas Till, Kevin Bacon, Jason Flemyng, Oliver Platt, Bill Milner, Zoe Kravitz, Morgan Lilly and Rose Byrne.

X-Men: First Class is directed by Matthew Vaughn, from a script by Ashley Miller, Zack Stentz and Jane Goldman, based on a story by producer Bryan Singer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:56 pm

http://oxfordstudent.com/2010/10/07/when-the-x-men-met-the-ox-men/

When the X-Men met the Ox-Men

By Rebecca Lees | Last updated: 12:19, 07/10/2010
When the X-Men met the Ox-Men

When two strange men knock on your door, you probably don’t expect them to be X-Men.

But this was what happened to finalist Christina Head while she was drying her hair last Tuesday morning.

The men borrowed her room in Hertford college to store electrical equipment while a team of 200 people filmed scenes from the new X-men: First Class film outside for two days.

James McAvoy, who will play a young Xavier in the prequel, set a–flutter the hearts of a steady stream of onlookers.

McAvoy was not the only one causing a stir, as the crew blocked off Catte Street on Tuesday and Wednesday, and held up traffic on St. Aldates on Thursday.

Location Manager Tony Hood said: “Oxford council and the general public have been very welcoming. We’ve had a very positive reception.”

Filming continued until 2am on Wednesday. A remote controlled crane lifted an enormous light structure 100 feet into the air to give the effect of moonlight, as actors dressed in tweed walked and cycled up and down Catte Street.

After setting up for three weeks, filming for two days, and spending around £200,000, Hood said that this would produce only a few minutes of useable footage.

They may have to return to Oxford for re-shooting due to the rain affecting two shots last week.

The plot of X Men: First Class takes place before the three previous films. The scenes shot in Oxford will include Xavier getting doctorates in theology and philosophy from Oxford University in the 1960s, his manipulation of student uprisings using his psychic powers, and the way he meets best friend turned arch rival Magneto.

Although Hood said that the setting will be identified as Oxford, do not expect to recognise it. One of the scenes is shot outside a fictional pub. Look out for Christina Head’s college bedroom, the electrical storeroom, above “The Eagle”.

X Men: First Class is due to be released on 3 June 2011.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=23717

Details For X-Men: First Class Scenes Filmed in Oxford Revealed

A location manager for where the X-Men: First Class has been filming, Oxford, has revealed a portion of what exactly will be filmed in the area. Check it out!

Filming for the Matthew Vaughn-directed X-Men-First Class has been progressing in Oxford, South East England, at Hertford college. A student, Christina Head, allowed the production crew to use her room to store electrical equipment, while filming occurred outside, according to The Oxford Student.

After setting up for three weeks, filming for two days, and spending around $200,000, Location Manager Tony Hood said that this would produce only a few minutes of usable footage. He also reveals what the scenes being filmed will depict in the film.

Hood says, "The scenes shot in Oxford will include Xavier getting doctorates in theology and philosophy from Oxford University in the 1960s, his manipulation of student uprisings using his psychic powers, and the way he meets best friend turned arch rival Magneto.". He also says, "Although the setting will be identified as Oxford, do not expect to recognize it. One of the scenes is shot outside a fictional pub."

Starring James McAvoy (Charles Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Erik Lehnsherr), and January Jones (Emma Frost), X-Men: First Class is scheduled for theaters July 3, next year.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:24 pm

http://filmedequadrinhos.blogspot.com/2011/01/fox-contrata-mais-uma-empresa-para.html

Fox hires another company to work on the effects of X-Men: First Class

According to blog X-Men Films, Fox hired another company to take care of the special effects of X-Men: First Class, the next movie of Marvel's mutants to invade the screens of cinemas.

It's The Senate Visual Effects, which was responsible for special effects in films such as kick-ass, and Stardust, both directed by Matthew Vaughn. Coincidência? Coincidence? I think not.

Pointing out that the Weta Digital (The Lord of the Rings trilogy), Rhythm & Hues (The Incredible Hulk, X-Men 2), The Moving Picture Company (Watchmen, Batman Begins), the 4DMax (Green Lantern) and Luma Pictures ( Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End, Hancock) are also companies that are taking care of the special effects of X-Men: First Class.

. Directed by Matthew Vaughn, the film shows the beginning of the X-Men saga, the events that led to war between Professor Xavier (James McAvoy) and Magneto (Michael Fassbender) and the formation of the group's most famous Marvel mutants.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:03 pm

http://wikipediasearching.blogspot.com/2011/01/x-men-first-class-reshoots-release-date.html

X-Men First Class Reshoots Release Date

X-Men First Class To Do Reshoots, No Effect on Release Date

X-Men: First Class is coming to theaters this June, but is still shooting. AccessHollywood spoke to First Class actor Edi Gathegi, who plays the mutant Darwin in the movie and the Twilight actor revealed that the movie is in reshoots.

I guess there's some, like, reshoots that they're doing at this point, but the bulk of the movie's done and they're sticking to their release date...so it'll be a pretty fast turnaround. But I have faith in it. I have faith in all the filmmakers. I think if the script is great and the director's great and the actors are great, it's gonna be a good X-Men.

Gathegi described his character's powers as "reactive adaptation" meaning that Darwin was in a "constant state of evolution" and admitted to doing kickboxing training for the movie which he called "pretty physical" and "rigorous."

When asked if he thought the prequel was going to please fans, Gathegi did his best to cautiously dodge the question.

I really want to say a lot about it, but I don't want to give false expectations, I want to manage expectations, but I love the X-Men series, and, in many ways, this is going back to the original X-Men. And I think [First Class] is being done in a wonderful way, so I think people are going to like it.

First Class was directed by Matthew Vaughn and co-stars James McAvoy, Kevin Bacon, Michael Fassbender, Caleb Landry Jones, Nicholas Hoult, January Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, and Lucas Till. Gathegi did not reveal what the reshoots would address.

News From: www.reelzchannel.com
Posted by Lucy Pinder at 8:11 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:21 pm

http://moviewallpaper.us/movie-2/x-men-first-class-doing-reshoots-no-effect-on-release-date-reelzchannel-com.html

X-Men: First Class Doing Reshoots, No Effect on Release Date - ReelzChannel.com
Posted 12 hours ago around Movie on craigslist

Posted 01.18.11 by Ryan

X-Men: First Class is coming to theaters this June, but is still shooting. AccessHollywood spoke to First Class actor Edi Gathegi, who plays the mutant Darwin in the movie and the Twilight actor revealed that the movie is in reshoots.

I guess there’s some, like, reshoots that they’re doing at this point, but the bulk of the movie’s done and they’re sticking to their release date…so it’ll be a pretty fast turnaround. But I have faith in it. I have faith in all the filmmakers. I think if the script is great and the director’s great and the actors are great, it’s gonna be a good X-Men.

Gathegi described his character’s powers as “reactive adaptation” meaning that Darwin was in a “constant state of evolution” and admitted to doing kickboxing training for the movie which he called “pretty physical” and “rigorous.”

When asked if he thought the prequel was going to please fans, Gathegi did his best to cautiously dodge the question.

I really want to say a lot about it, but I don’t want to give false expectations, I want to manage expectations, but I love the X-Men series, and, in many ways, this is going back to the original X-Men. And I think [First Class] is being done in a wonderful way, so I think people are going to like it.

First Class was directed by Matthew Vaughn and co-stars James McAvoy, Kevin Bacon, Michael Fassbender, Caleb Landry Jones, Nicholas Hoult, January Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, and Lucas Till. Gathegi did not reveal what the reshoots would address.

Next Showing: X-Men: First Class opens June 3
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:31 pm

http://www.superrobotmayhem.com/comic-book-movies/x-men-first-class/first-class-group-shot/

X-men First Class group shot
Group shot of X-Men First Class

From any other source this would have been flagged as a fake from the off set but this image actually appeared on MSN.com this morning. With no identifiable source and panto style costumes along with the heavy photoshop it looks like it could either be a very early development promo shot or a really good fake.

With no decent news on X-Men First Class it's worth putting out there. This week we have seen new shots of Spider-Man, Captain America and Thor so this could indeed be the real deal without the finishing touches to stop the movie being over shadowed by that amazing Spider-Man picture we saw. It's also worth mentioning the article was removed from msn.com shortly after it was publilshed.

The picture features Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto, Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy/Beast, Lucas Till as Alex Summers/Havok, Zoë Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme/Mystique, and James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

Edit: Mark Millar has confirmed this as legit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:11 pm

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/01/19/x-menfirst-class-three-exclusive-photos-and-a-report-from-the-stressed-out-set/

‘X-Men:First Class’: Three exclusive photos and a report from the stressed-out set
Jan. 19, 2011 | 2:47 p.m.

The movie posters promise that “X-Men: First Class” will be released June 3, but on Tuesday cameras were still rolling on the Fox film’s set and director Matthew Vaughn, making his biggest major studio feature film to date, sounded like a man running out of time. “I’m at that stage where I feel like a boxer against the ropes,” the director said as his crew prepared for the next shot on a location set in Long Beach. “I’m just throwing punches and taking them as they come and making sure I don’t hit the canvas.”

In the pages of Marvel Comics, the X-Men have been the ultimate outsiders for decades — even other superheroes view the strange mutant crew with mistrust, prejudice and disdain. So it’s fitting that “First Class,” the fifth Hollywood adventure for the heroes, will arrive in theaters this summer with so much to prove and plenty of doubters. For the all-new cast (led by James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender), the challenge is to replace the familiar faces of the franchise; for producer Bryan Singer, the challenge is to recapture the affection of comic-book movie fans; and for Vaughn, the challenge is, well, to actually finish making the film.

“We’re filming at the moment, we’ve a lot to get done,” said a weary Vaughn, whose credits include memorable but modest-grossing indie fare like “Kick-Ass” and “Layer Cake.” “I’ve never worked under such time pressure. The good thing about the independent world is I never even knew if I was going to get distribution. I’m used to finishing a film and then crossing your fingers that someone is going to like it. This is totally doing it the other way around. We’ve definitely got a release date and we’ve got to make it.”

Vaughn is famous for firebrand candor and droll wit, and despite the hand-wringing right now among some Fox executives, the British filmmaker isn’t turning meek under the pressure. Asked if he’s concerned about the glut of superhero film competition this summer — with “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Green Lantern” and ”Thor” – Vaughn said that, if anything, it’s the other guys who should be nervous. “With ‘Green Lantern,’ I don’t know about that one, I couldn’t get my head around the trailer, to be honest … look, I will say the following: X-Men as a brand is bigger than Captain America, Thor and the Green Lantern, all put together.”

And that is the X factor that Fox is counting on. The four mutant-hero movies to date have pulled in $1.53 billion in worldwide box office, and even when the hard-core fans of the comics grumbled about the quality of some of the movies (as they did with the Brett Ratner’s 2006 installment “X-Men: The Last Stand”), many of them still bought their tickets just so they could join in the intense Internet debates. The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s apathy — and to date there has been no apathy when it comes to the X-Men characters that created a publishing bonanza for Marvel in the 1980s and 1990s.

“First Class” is being described as an origin story by the studio, and it is set in the 1960s, the same decade that artist Jack Kirby and writer Stan Lee introduced the uncanny X-Men into the cosmic melodrama of their expanding Marvel universe. McAvoy is taking on the role of young Charles Xavier, the leader of the X-Men, and Fassbender is Erik Lehnsherr, the man who will become the evil mastermind Magneto. McAvoy and Fassbender are taking over movie roles originated by Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, respectively, two esteemed actors who are practically revered among sci-fi and fantasy fans for their respective work in the ”Star Trek” and”The Lord of the Rings“ universes.

McAvoy has flipped between roles of art-house acclaim (“Atonement,” “The Last King of Scotland“) and work in special-effects blockbusters (the first ”Chronicles of Narnia” film, “Wanted“) and he said that Stewart’s work as the aged, bald and wheelchair-bound Xavier is something he views as a counterpoint, not as competition.

James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender in "X-Men: First Class" (Fox)

“This isn’t a reboot, so I’m not replacing anyone, in which case you might want to try to be as different as possible and stay away from what had been done before,” McAvoy said on Monday during a break from a rescue scene that required water-tank work. “This is a prequel, so I’m the same character, just younger, but the challenge for me – and for Michael — is to show the same person in a different place in their life; to show someone before they’re this bad guy, before they’re this saint. Charles wasn’t always a … monk, this selfless, sexless monk that he becomes.”

The plot of this film is still under wraps, but it presents a world where superpowered mutants are living in secret and don’t face the public scrutiny and prejudice that are central themes in the earlier films, which are primarily set in the modern day. The friendship of future foes Xavier and Lehnsherr is the heart of the film — Singer says the two have a common cause and different approaches and he even used the life trajectories of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X as a sort of shorthand for their veering paths. Despite rumors to the contrary, Vaughn said the movie will be the first X-Men film without the most famous face of the franchise, Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine, and key characters such as Cyclops, Storm and Jean Grey give way to new screen arrivals such as Emma Frost (January Jones), Azazel (Jason Flemyng), Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon) and Havok (Lucas Till).

“It is an excellent cast,” Singer said. He added that no one is more aware of the high-bar set by McKellen and Stewart. “I’m very sensitive to it. Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy are two of the best actors working today and that was needed to fill those shoes. Short of digitally recreating Patrick and Ian in their 20s I cant think of anyone who would be more equipped for this than these two guys. The challenge of that is what attracted James, I’m sure of it. That’s why the guy who starred in ‘Atonement’ would want to play a comic-book character in the first place because it was a role established by a really fine actor.”

Singer directed the first two “X-Men” films — which many observers cite as the starting point of more sophisticated treatment of superheroes in cinema — and then left the franchise to direct “Superman Returns,” a movie that was, on paper, a commercial success but culturally and artistically failed to capture lightning in a bottle as the filmmaker had hoped. Now he’s returning as a producer for this “X-Men” installment and still hopes to direct another X-movie in the near future. He praised Vaughn’s vision and attention to detail and said the problems the production is now facing are merely intriguing challenges that will be overcome.

“The biggest challenge is introducing an audience to these characters in a different time – characters the audience is familiar with but now see played by younger actors and in a story taking place in a different time. We have to establish this universe. We had the challenge with the first ‘X-Men’ film, which came at a time when there were no comic-book movies [of this sort] and no template to launch from and yet you’ve got to do that. You have to put your characters out there and introduce them to a quizzical public that sort of recognizes them. But that very thing is the exciting part of it.”

– Geoff Boucher
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 pm

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-x-men-first-class-the-plot-thickens-12317

Exclusive: 'X-Men: First Class'... The Plot Thickens!
By El Mayimbe on January 20, 2011

Exclusive: 'X-Men: First Class'... The Plot Thickens! Yo!

Mayimbe here!

Apparently, Matthew Vaughn got put on blast this morning for straight up misleading Slashfilm about that so called leaked FOX picture. Check that out HERE on Superhero Hype.

BUSTED!

Funny stuff.

But check this out...

You know what I'm hearing?

The movie is still shooting in LA while Vaughn is somewhere else editing.

They're shooting at the Culver City Studios for the next couple of weeks. The official story is that they're just shooting pick ups but the reality is...

...that hot mess of a film has not been coming together. Vaughn and company ran from location to location but never got the right stuff, or stuff that worked.

That's what's happening right now - while he's cutting the film somebody else is shooting literally six weeks - almost a whole film - worth of stuff.

Ouch!

Again, expect massive denials saying that they're doing pick ups that they missed because of delays on set and cast availability.

As this morning proved, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Hasta el proximo capitulo...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:12 pm

http://ramascreen.com/matthew-vaughn-lied-about-that-x-men-first-class-photo-bryan-singer-wants-to-direct-another-x-men-movie/

Matthew Vaughn Lied About That X-MEN: FIRST CLASS Photo? Bryan Singer Wants To Direct Another X-MEN Movie?
Share Posted by Rama On January - 20 - 2011

What is going on over there in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS production? Director Matthew Vaughn told slashfilm that he didn’t know about the leaked cast photo that hit the web the other day, it caught him off guard and its existence pissed him off. He said it looked like a ‘bad photoshop’. But now, Latinoreview reported that Vaughn knew about it all along…

Apparently, Matthew Vaughn got put on blast this morning for straight up LYING to Slashfilm about that so called leaked FOX picture.
The movie is still shooting in LA while Vaughn is somewhere else editing.
They’re shooting at the Culver City Studios for the next couple of weeks. The official story is that they’re just shooting pick ups but the reality is…
…that hot mess of a film has not been coming together. Vaughn and company ran from location to location but never got the right stuff, or stuff that worked.
That’s what’s happening right now – while he’s cutting the film somebody else is shooting literally six weeks – almost a whole film – worth of stuff.
Ouch!
Again, expect massive denials saying that they’re doing pick ups that they missed because of delays on set and cast availability.

What do you think? Who’s lying here? Or is this just part of a big publicity stunt?
Previous Hero Complex article reported that that they’re still shooting some scenes on locations in Long Beach. And there’s an excerpt that suggests Bryan Singer, who directed the first two X-Men films might want to helm another X-Men project in the near future..

Now he’s returning as a producer for this “X-Men” installment and still hopes to direct another X-movie in the near future. He praised Vaughn’s vision and attention to detail and said the problems the production is now facing are merely intriguing challenges that will be overcome

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS will be directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass).
Jane Goldman, Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, all working on the script. Fox wants it released on June 3rd, 2011.
Michael Fassbender will play Magneto
James McAvoy will play Prof. Xavier
Rose Byrne will play Moira MacTaggert
January Jones will play Emma Frost
Nicholas Hoult will play Beast
Caleb Landry Jones will play Banshee
Jennifer Lawrence will play Mystique
Jason Flemyng will play Azazel
Oliver Platt as the man in black
Álex González as Riptide
Lucas Till as Havok
Kevin Bacon as the Sebastian Shaw
Ray Wise as Secretary Of The United States
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. But then “a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:04 pm

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2011/06/09/xmen_first_class_cast_retreat_was_haun

'X-Men: First Class' Cast Retreat Was Haunted
June 9th, 2011 11:40pm EDT post comment Post a comment favorite Add to My News

James McAvoyThe Berkshire, England mansion that doubled up as a retreat for the X-Men in new prequel First Class was full of spooks.

James McAvoy, who plays the young Professor X in the film, reveals he and his castmates spent almost five weeks on location at Anglefield House - living with the ghosts of past residents.

He tells WENN, "The oldest part of that house goes back to 800 AD... There was a hell of a lot of ghosties running about in there, but the only ghost I actually came across was the ghost of Sir Patrick Stewart haunting me for playing his character badly."

Stewart portrayed Professor X in the original X-Men film trilogy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:55 pm

http://www.miracole.com/2011/06/13/on-set-with-x-men-first-class-spoilers/

On the set of ‘X-Men: First Class’ (SPOILERS)

I first got the call to work on ‘X-Men: First Class‘ while shopping for ‘The Change Up‘ (Ryan Reynolds movie after Green Lantern). When I tell you that I squealed in the middle of Lenox mall like a 14 yea-old that just came home to find Justin Bieber in her bedroom, that would be an understatement. Below are some of my daily adventures from the crazy time on the Georgia Unit for XMFC.

11/16 – Relocated myself, the husband, 2 dogs and a fish to our apartment on St. Simon’s Island which will be our home for the next 2 months. No small task.

11/17-12/5- 2 weeks of unpacking, inventorying, and organizing all Wardrobe from England and rentals from Western Costume. Summoning superhuman strength to fully control my spontaneous Nerd seizures from the awesomeness that is these movie costumes. All while having fun answering questions like, “What is a Hell Fire Club”, ‘What are So-and-so’s powers’ etc. Yep, I am SO in my element as resident wardrobe comic nerd.

I also got to violate, I mean dress Kevin Bacon’s dummy since he was so life-like, no one else wanted to touch him (after working FX makeup on Walking Dead, this was a cake-walk).

11/6- First Day of shooting! I watch our US Supervisors 7-yr old son Hunter pass Jennifer Lawrence in full Mystique makeup on a turn table for a promotional photo-shoot. She sees him, says hi and waves. He just non-nonchalantly says ‘Hey’ and continues down the hall like this is an every-day occurrence. We exchange looks, flabbergasted by his lack of reaction. She laughingly responds, ‘Kids these days; I fully blame video games! They ruin everything!’

During lunch, I remind all our CIA extras that they are wearing vintage suits and that if they get anything on them, I will cut them. Needles to say, no extras needed to be harmed that day.

12/17- Chris makes the drive out to Jekyll Island where we are filming the beach battle at the end of the movie, passing at-least 10 signs stating this island is a park and there is NO Gas stations! Makes it on fumes. Thankfully Transpo saves the day with some gas. Returned the favor with a nice bottle of Whiskey.

Holy s$#!!! I touched Kevin Bacon.. Now how many degrees does that make me?!

The beach set (beached sub, downed Black Bird and the dunes)

Chris standing in with the cast as Alex/Riptide since he wasn’t in the states yet.

Can you see why he ended up becoming his Photo Double?

The Black Bird has seen better days.

Stunt men hanging out inside the Black Bird shell trying to keep warm. This thing was HUGE!

The kids suited up for the final battle

1st AD (2nd unit) Lee Cleary standing in for Riptide. He was a trip to work with!

Teased Jason Flemming about something he was seeing in the ocean. Completely had him going that it was a piece of the X-jet wing and was set dec (it was really a rock that you can only see at low tide). When he figured out I was pulling his leg, I was promptly chased down the beach by a howling Azazel.

12/6- Seriously cold today with 15 degree windchill. Helicopter was on set, the cast/crew got buzzed quite a few times. Still finding mini-sand dunes in my clothes from that one.

Kevin’s dummy waiting for his closeup.

Sebastian Shaw defeated.. or taking a nap.. Not sure which..

12/10- Open box labeled ‘Headdress’ from England. Gasp like a little girl when I see Magneto’s ‘End-game’ helmet. Immediately put it on and run around the wardrobe room like I’m 12.

Also got in Wolverine’s principal wardrobe from ‘Origins’. Guess that settled if there was going to be a cameo or not. Promptly put on his belt and ran around like an 18 year old fangirl.

12/11- Fassbender gets bored between takes , ‘borrows’ a Gator from the grips and takes off down the beach in full Magneto attire. I don’t know why, but seeing Magneto speeding around on a 4 wheeler makes me giggle.

12/13- Currently wearing at least 5 layers of clothing. Look a bit like a terrorist Ninja. It is so cold on the beach that the sand freezes solid. *eep*

12/14- Helping an X-men pee is funny. There is NO WAY they can do it unassisted. Ah the glamorous side of being a Set Costumer. If someone told me that in 3 years I would be helping leather-clad superhero’s use the restroom, I would have had them institutionalized. (And F.Y.I. the worst suit to get in and out of is Havok. That suit is like a puzzle!!)

12/15- Mesmerized by watching stunt Azazal and stunt Beast cuddling for warmth wile hanging from wires spinning 10 feet in the air. Even covered in paint, fur, prosthesis, leather and wardrobe, they were sill freezing.
Beast had just finished his fight scene. This was his ‘mean’ face.

Riki is all arms.

12/16- My stunt Banshee was doing wing tests for the producers/director today. He was in the flight suit with this ‘full’ wings laced into the costume, propped up on the back lift of the stunt truck. He looked a-bit like a leather clad yellow and black flying squirrel. I was lacing up his shoes when a black bird came to rest on the back of the truck, then another, and another. Before we knew it, there were about 20 black birds in very close proximity to their new winged pal. I called him Banshee the bird whisperer the rest of the day.

Watched the Azazal vs Azazal fight practice. Felt like I was seeing double all day (but it might have just been the hangover from the pub the night before). After catching a glimpse of my wrist tattoos (Phoenix and Dark Phoenix symbols) Flemming called me a ‘proper nerd’ and we had a nice little discussion about ‘how’ Nightcrawler was made.

The shiny balls and Azazal’s tail for FX

12/17- Spent the day watching the beach scene where ‘Charles’ get crippled by Magneto (deflecting bullets shot at him by Moria). I am happy to say that I have the shells that cripple Charles. Another neat X-Men nerd keepsake. This scene is so intense to watch. This collection of actors couldn’t have been chosen better for this film.

Charles with Moria and Raven

12/20-Spent a cold rainy night at ‘Atomic’ casino. Home of the Hell Fire Club

12/21- Got pulled over on the way to set going 60 in a 35. Thank goodness the cop was cool, I got off with a warning. One of our actors was 2 hours late to set. Our director left that actor dangling over the beach set on wire’s until he learned his lesson.

Note to self, don’t be late to set.. Even if I do get a ticket getting there.

12/22- The last day of principal photography in Georgia happened to be on my Birthday, what a present!! Everyone kicked butt and the day was amazing. I was even gifted a piece of the Black Bird as a Birthday present. It now sits on a special shelf in my nerd-cave. This film was such a blast to work on! I only hope it’s not the last epic superhero movie I have the pleasure to work on.

Jun 13, 2011
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down