Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Hot films for 2011

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hot films for 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Hot films for 2011

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:12 pm

http://www.reviewstl.com/the-next-10-films-2011-look-out-for-0113/

The Next 10: Films to Look Out for in 2011

Matt | Jan 13, 2011

With 2011 already underway most of the movie going audience is looking forward to films like Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Captain America and Thor. While there’s nothing wrong with superhero movies (except Transformers), most people seem to be somewhat aware of the super-popular titles to be released in 2011. For those other movies that tend to go under the radar check out The Next 10: Films to Look Out for in 2011.

A Dangerous Method

Release Date: TBA 2011

Starring Viggo Mortensen as Sigmund Freud and Michael Fassbender (300, Inglourious Basterds) as Carl Jung, “A Dangerous Method” depicts the founding fathers of psychoanalysis as they work with Keira Knightley, a sexually charged patient. Working with such juicy material and directed by David Cronenberg, “A Dangerous Method” will likely be “intense” if nothing else.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:28 pm

http://thisfilmison.com/2011/01/11/coming-attractions-in-2011-top-5/

Coming attractions in 2011… Top 5

Posted by James in In Our Humble Opinion, News
11/01/11

Ok, it’s the start of another year and there seem to be a lot of these ‘what to watch in 2011’ lists banding about. So I thought everyone would appreciate another one. Picking my brains there seems to be a lot of disagreement between me and my inner child over which movies we’re going to spend our hard earned money and time watching over the coming 12 months.

The following list is the result of much debate, childish mudslinging & sanctimonious know-it-all rhetoric but thankfully we came to a hard fought compromise via a mutual loathing of Michael Bay.

5. X-Men First Class – ETA June 2011

If, like me, you found yourself watching the X-Men movies, completely unable to suspend your disbelief, constantly asking yourself ‘How?’ and ‘Why?’…those thoughtful people at Marvel Studios have only gone and made a series of ‘Origin’ films which aim to answer those niggling little questions. For example… Why exactly did Hugh Jackman have metal claws and inexplicably long sideburns? and ‘How does having a giant globe-spanning mind reading machine in the basement affect your carbon footprint?’ Not forgetting, of course ”Why were Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen always fighting but actually seemed to like each other, you know… deep down?’ It turns out they were once really good mates, but then something happened! Curious? You’d better be! Matthew Vaughn & Jane Goldman, the team behind Kick-Ass and Stardust are currently working on the 1960’s set story that will chart the early days of the X-Men, in particular the seeds of conflict that grow between James Mcavoy’s Professor X and Michael Fassbender’s Magneto. Hey, chances are it can’t be any worse than Wolverine…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:40 pm

http://themostbeautifulfraudintheworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-35-or-36-most-anticipated-films-of.html

Thursday, January 13, 2011
My 35 (or 36) Most Anticipated Films of 2011
We are going to do this countdown style (just because I feel like it) so let us begin, as it were, at the end, and work our way up to number one.

28) X-Men: First Class - And here we go again. The first X-Men movie was well done (all things considered) and the second was one of the better films of the genre, but the third was just an unnecessary mess of a movie (as was the Wolverine prequel) so now here we are with a hopeful reboot of sorts, placing the story in the nineteen-sixties and showing the rise of the mutants. My main attraction to this one is the cast. James McAvoy as Xavier, Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert and Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw. Of course, the highlight of the film may very well be January Jones in full Emma Frost costume (those fellow comic book geeks know what I'm talkin' 'bout).

17) Shame - A film directed by Hunger director Steve McQueen (no relation!) and starring Michael Fassbender (also of Hunger fame, as well as Fish Tank and Inglourious Basterds) as a sexual compulsive and Carey Mulligan as his little sister would of course make this list. That's all I have to say about that - for now.

13) A Dangerous Method - Here is what we get with A Dangerous Method - Viggo Mortensen as Sigmund Freud and Michael Fassbender as Carl Jung. What more could one ask for? How about David Cronenberg as director? Hells yeah! I have not seen the play the film is based on, but judging from what I know of Cronenberg, I envision something akin to Chris Nolan's The Prestige, but darker and more disturbing in that way that only Cronenberg can disturb us. Whether we will see another all-nude knife fight as Viggo gave us in Cronenberg's Eastern Promises, I do not know though.

7) Haywire & Contagion - a pair of films from the ever-prolific Steven Soderbergh (and the reasoning behind the parenthetical 36 in the blog post title), one an action-thriller involving the CDC (a sort of Outbreak redux, but hopefully much much much better) and the other a straight-up Black-Ops action movie. Soderbergh has always been a director who could straddle the fence between indie arthouse fare and star-studded Hollywood blockbustery type things. Here, Contagion seems to be the latter, starring Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow and the lovely Marion Cotillard and Haywire, though seeming kinda Hollywoody in its own way, stars the "lesser" star power of Ewan MacGregor, Michael Douglas and Michael Fassbender (again!!!) and is therefore the more arthouse pick - if there even is one here. Actually, the Soderbergh I am most looking forward to is his upcoming Liberace biopic (I know, biopic...ughhh) starring the aforementioned Mr. Douglas in the title role - but alas, that is a movie for my 2012 list.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:57 pm

http://fml-t.blogspot.com/2011/01/27-films-to-look-forward-to-in-2011.html

Friday, January 14, 2011
27 Films To Look Forward To in 2011
Yeah, 27 is a weird number for this sort of thing. Two years ago I had 17. But, as of right now, these films are the only ones sparking a significant amount of curiosity within me, spurring on the urge to check them out upon their releases within the next twelve months.

Into the fray...

15. X-Men: First Class (June 3, Fox) - I wanted to put this film higher, given a pool of talent that includes James McAvoy as Professor X and Michael Fassbender as Magneto, in addition to the fact that is directed by Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Kick-Ass). However, a trailer has yet to be released, so we have no idea what we're actually working with. Also, the last two films in the series left such a bad taste in many a mouth that I will not be easily convinced that this film can wipe the slate clean. Yet, it's still the X-Men, and I like those guys, so here's to hoping that Vaughn has something crazy up his sleeves. Fun fact: Ironically, Vaughn famously turned down filming the third film in the series, The Last Stand.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:45 am

http://chonlauxanh.com/2011/01/15/romantic-movies-2011-%E2%80%93-guide.html

Romantic Movies 2011 – Guide
Movie Review | Sushil | January 15, 2011 at 1:19 am

New: Top 20 Best Romantic Movies - 2011 (List) Will you find romance in 2011? If it’s at the movies, then yes.

We’re looking at the biggest and best romantic movies of 2011, whether it’s about pure love or romantic-comedy.

- MARCH -

Jane Eyre
Starring: Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench, Sally Hawkins
Director: Cary Fukunaga
Release Date: 11 March 2011

Top Romantic Movies 2011
After a bleak childhood, Jane Eyre (Wasikowska, Alice In Wonderland) goes out into the world to become a governess. In her new position at Thornfield Hall, she meets the cold master of the house, Mr. Rochester (Fassbender). Jane and her employer grow close, but could Mr. Rochester’s terrible secret be about to destroy their happiness forever? From the U.S. director of acclaimed South American poverty film Sin Nombre. The trailer tries to make this look like The Others or something, which is misleading.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:01 am

http://www.jumpcutjunkies.com/2011/01/most-anticipated-films-of-2011-gabes-1.html

Saturday, January 15, 2011
Most Anticipated Films Of 2011: Gabe's #1

1. Contagion/Haywire

Steven Soderbergh has confirmed the worst possible news: the versatile auteur behind some of the most pleasurable and unpredictable cinematic experiences of the last twenty years is retiring. He claims he has two more films left in him, which means 2012's "Liberace" with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon, and "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." an adaptation of the sixties television show with George Clooney.

Fortunately, that means he's doubled up on 2011. In springtime, we can look forward to "Haywire," which he shot (and extensively reshot) with a script by his collaborator on "The Limey," Lem Dobbs. It's exciting enough that Soderbergh is continuing to work with the man who helped him bring forth "The Limey," a super slick, funny crime noir from '99 that I must have seen eighty times by now. This is also supposed to be sort of a low budget actioner from the filmmaker, dealing with an kickboxing undercover CIA agent who finds out she's been targeted. Sodberbergh cast MMA fighter Gina Carano in the lead, suggesting the fisticuffs will be as believable as possible.

"Haywire" is also notable for a star-studded cast that includes Michael Douglas, Ewan McGregor, Antonio Banderas, Michael Fassbender, Bill Paxton and Channing Tatum. Also with a collection of superstars is "Contagion," Soderbergh's winter release. This is a bit bigger in scale, a globe-hopping suspense thriller about a killer virus that reportedly resembles "Outbreak" as filtered through the lens of "Traffic."

Matt Damon, Marion Cotillard, Gwenyth Paltrow, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Lawrence Fishburne and Sanaa Lathan are among those getting the virus treatment, and rumors persist that this currently-shooting project is a 3D movie (though I've heard it's not). It's the end of our of our great directors, and one hopes he goes out in style.
Posted by Gabe Toro at 1:56 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:14 am

http://www.celebritysentry.com/post/spring-movie-preview-2011/

Spring movie preview 2011

Springtime might be awesome in Paris, but it ain't looking great in Hollywood.

Approximately 75 films are tentatively slated for release between New Year's Day and the day they take the cover off the pool at my apartment complex, but after whittling the list down to the most "important" 45, there are only about a half-dozen that appear solid.

March 11

"Jane Eyre": Charlotte Bronte's semi-autobiographical novel about an orphan sent to live with mean relatives, then sent to live at a horrid boarding school, hits the big screen this spring. As an adult, Eyre's compelled to take a position as governess at a home where the bossman is both mean AND horrid, but don't worry — she has a thing for bad boys. Stars Mia Wasikowska as Jane, Michael Fassbender as Rochester and Jamie Bell as the clergydude, St. John Rivers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:16 pm

http://www.ioncinema.com/news/id/5822/top-100-most-anticipated-films-of-2011-david-cronenbergs-a-dangerous-method

Top 100 Most Anticipated Films of 2011: David Cronenberg's A Dangerous Method
Posted by Eric Lavallee on Jan 14, 2011
Source: IONCINEMA.com Feature

IONCINEMA.com Top 100 Films
#28. A Dangerous Method

Director: David Cronenberg
Writer: Christopher Hampton
Producers: Jeremy Thomas
Distributor: Rights Available.

The Gist: An adaptation of Christopher Hampton's play "The Talking Cure", this follows the founding fathers of psychoanalysis, Carl Jung (Fassbender) and Sigmund Freud (Mortensen), and their complicated relationships with a brilliant and beautiful patient, Sabina Spielrein (Keira Knightley).....(more)

Cast: Keira Knightley, Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender, Vincent Cassel

List Worthy Reasons...: As a filmmaker I'm sure he's borrowed from both Freud and Jung, so if I was a betting man, I'd say that we won't be receiving your mainstream biopic here. Re-teaming with Viggo Mortensen (for a third time) Vincent Cassel (for a second time) and the "IT" actor of the moment in Michael Fassbender, I'm sure we can count on three actors to belt out some robust perfs.

Release Date/Status?: The French love Cronenberg. Cannes premiere with a purchase at the festival and a theatrical release prediction for the fall. TIFF premiere is a slam dunk.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:26 pm

http://seriousfilm.blogspot.com/2011/01/10-most-anticipated-movies-of-2011.html

Monday, January 17, 2011
10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2011

02. A Dangerous Method dir. David Cronenberg
After the damn near perfect A History of Violence and the underrated Eastern Promises it looks likely that Cronenberg/Mortensen is going to be a director/actor pairing for the ages. In a choice of material no one guessed Mortensen plays Sigmund Freud in an adaptation of Christopher Hampton's play about the contentious relationship between Freud and Carl Jung. Method co-stars future biggest star in the world Michael Fassbender, Keira Knightly, and Easter Promises co-star and current Black Swan cad Vincent Cassel. My imagination fails to conceive of any way this project could be less than fascinating.

Posted by Michael C. at 1:00 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:09 pm

http://barefootspider.blogspot.com/2011/01/2011-films-prestige-part-1.html

Tuesday, January 18, 2011
2011 films
prestige
part 1

January and February are notoriously know as “the dumping ground” in the movie business; where studios throw their cast-offs until the “real” movie season is underway. So, while we wait for something worthwhile to grace the big screen I will be doing a four-part “films to look forward to in 2011.” (Catchy title huh?) I have broken the films into three different categories: Prestige (these are the films to keep an eye on for 2012 awards season), Just For Fun (This is where you will find the smart comedies and action flicks of the year; although they likely won’t win an Oscar, a Golden Globe isn’t out of the picture), and finally Popcorn (this is for all the big-budgeted Superhero/Blow-Stuff-Up/Franchise movies).

Disclaimer: It's inevitable - films will get left off of my list. Good films too. And that's not even including the films that are set to premier at Sundance in a few days looking for a buyer. (That's where The Kids Are All Right, Winter's Bone and Blue Valentine first got notice and were quickly snapped up by a distributor/studio for release.) This is simply just a list of the movies that caught my eye; or have good buzz going for the script/cast/director; or simply ones I am most looking forward to seeing.

First up is part one of the prestige films. As with all of the forthcoming lists the films are arranged in alphabetical order. (This particular category has been split into because of the large number of films. Part two will post tomorrow.)

1. A Dangerous Method
Who: Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fastbender, Keira Knightley, and Vincent Cassel; directed by David Cronenberg
What: Sigmund Freud (Mortensen) vs. Carl Jung (Fassbender): the conflict between teacher (Freud) and his student (Jung) over a disturbed young woman (Knightley) brought in for treatment by her father.
Why: Based on the play by Christopher Hampton, The Talking Cure, which is an impassioned look at the birth of psychoanalysis. This seems to be a great mixture of the perfect director with the perfect cast to tell the story.
When: To Be Announced (TBA)

10. Jane Eyre
Who: Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench and Sally Hawkins; directed by Cary Fukenaga
What: An adaptation of Charlotte Bronte’s classic novel.
Why: There have been numerous interpretations of Jane Eyre over the years, this time however we are promised a focus on the Gothic elements of the story. The cast is pretty great as well, so that will definitely help.
When: March 11 (This date is somewhat of a surprise. Hopefully it isn’t an indication of Focus Features dumping it. Still, 9 months is a long time to stay relevant.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:36 am

http://barefootspider.blogspot.com/2011/01/2011-films-prestige-part-2.html

Wednesday, January 19, 2011
2011 films
prestige
part 2
Part two of the likely award contenders. Tomorrow it's on to the lighter stuff.

19. Shame
Who: Michael Fassbender, Carey Mulligan and James Badge Dale; directed by Steve McQueen
What: Brandon (Fassbender) is a thirty-something sex addict living in New York who falls in love with his co-worker. After his wayward sister (Mulligan) moves into this apartment Brandon’s world spirals out of control.
Why: The film hasn’t even started shooting yet (the start date is later this month in New York) but there is so much buzz around this script, and in conjunction with the cast, it really has Oscar pundits excited. Expect to see a debut at Venice and/or Toronto film festival.
When: TBA (fall 2011)
Posted by B at 4:27 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:49 pm

http://myfavoritewasteoftime.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/top-10-most-anticipated-films-of-2011/

Top 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2011

I was hoping to get my top ten list of 2010 out before this one, but unfortunately there are a few too many movies that I haven’t seen yet (apparently David Fincher made a movie about Friendster). The list below was a very hard one to boil down. As you will see in my lengthy honorable mention list, there are a lot of promising movies coming out this year. Plus, no matter how much research I do, there will inevitably be a few choice films that were off my radar. I noticed after finally coming to terms with the ten films I decided on that most of them embody elements that have been lacking in recent years. Whether it be a decent superhero movie, a properly-timed awkward comedy/drama (I refuse to accept the word “dramedy”), or simply a comedy that is actually funny, I have high hopes that this year will fulfill some of the cinematic voids that have been welling inside of me…

10. X-Men: First Class - Matthew Vaughn
Why you should be excited:

After the trainwrecks of X-Men: Last Stand and the Wolverine prequel, 20th Century Fox is trying to get their lucrative franchise back on the rails with this new prequel. At the helm this time is Matthew Vaughn, who famously passed on the third movie 5 years ago. Vaughn proved with last year’s critically successful (but box office tepid) Kick Ass and 2004′s Layer Cake that he can not only handle but bring his own unique flair to the action genre. The plot of the latest installment goes back to the beginnings of Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr’s friendship before it soured and turned them into Professor X and Magneto, respectively. Audiences should get a kick out of seeing their favorite mutants as teenagers in the 60′s.

Why I am excited:

Growing up, the X-Men comics were my favorite comics behind Daredevil, so naturally I have pretty high standards when it comes adaptations of the beloved series. Bryan Singer’s films were as good as the X-Men films could be (though I could eat my words with the news the Darren Aronfsky is directing the next Wolverine film). As I mentioned, the past two films in the series have been bloated messes; trying to stuff too many characters into convoluted plots that give no respect to the original material. While the choice of Vaughn at the helm doesn’t thrill me, there is one deciding factor that piqued my interest, which is the cast: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, James McAvoy as Professor X and Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. Those are arguably three of the best young actors working today. The idea of McAvoy going toe to toe with Fassbender alone is enough to get me into the theater.

1. A Dangerous Method - David Cronenberg

Why you should be excited:

After the critical successes of A History of Violence and Eastern Promises, Cronenberg reunites for a third time with his current go to guy, Viggo Mortensen. This time they are tackling the friendship/rivalry between the infamous analysts Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung. Mortensen steps into Freud’s shoes and Michael Fassbender is handling the role of Jung. Set on the eve of WWI, it centers around the love triangle between the two influential cognitive thinkers and the pioneering female Russian psychoanalysts Sabina Spielrein (played by Keira Knightley). Vincent Cassel also makes an appearance as Freud’s disciple and future anarchist Otto Gross. With his last two films Cronenberg has more than demonstrated that he can step outside the genre of body horror that made him famous and still get legendary results. With two scene stealers on the scale of Mortensen and Fassbender chewing up every piece of scenery available, I am betting that this will be one of the best dramas of the year.

Why I am excited:

I have to admit that the plot is enough to put this at the top the list alone (though it does sound like a sociologist’s wet dream). But the real reason it is my number one most anticipated film of 2011 is the cast. Mortensen and Fassbender are my two favorite actors working today. And the idea of the two of them squaring off portraying historical figures of this magnitude all under the guidance of Cronenberg is almost too much for me to handle. While he has disappointed some of his die hard fan base with his last three movies, I have welcomed Cronenberg’s maturing into more realistic fare. The two films I’ve mentioned and 2002′s Spider had him displaying the horrors that exist in the human mind. This is a departure from subjects that revolve around the external consternation of the science fiction world that he refined for over 20 years, so it will be interesting to see how Mortensen holds up against some of the other greats that have tried their luck at portraying Freud.

Special Feature: A Brief History of Freud in Cinema!

The first notable portrayal of the Austrian turn-of-the-century mama’s boy was Montgomery Clift in 1962′s little seen John Huston picture, Freud. The remainder of the 60′s would see the character of Freud pop up as bit parts in American TV shows such as The Twilight Zone, Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie. In the 70′s Freud lived mostly in made for TV movies. The only real gem in this decade was the Sherlock Holmes’ adventure The Seven-Per-Cent Solution from 1976. It featured Alan Arkin as the wizard of id trying to cure Holmes of his cocaine habit. Freud is used in the early 80′s rather well in two rather ludicrous comedies. The first is 1983′s Lovesick, where we see Sigmund (played by Alec Guiness) in ghost form giving love advice to Dudley Moore. And 1984′s cult favorite The Secret Diary of Sigmund Freud, starring none other than Bud Cort as the psycho-sexual psychotherapist (and his real-life wife Carol Kane as Mrs. Freud). The remainder of the 80′s had Freud continue to show up randomly to give people advice, the best use in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. BBC did do a self titled mini-series, but unfortunately that was only seen by a handful of elderly Brits. Since then, not many notable entries have been added to Freud’s IMDB page (besides Max von Sydow in an episode of The Young Adventures of Indiana Jones), so the door is wide open for Viggo to stake his claim as the ultimate celluloid Freud (Cellufreud?).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:27 am

http://luqman.org/v2/2011/01/my-most-anticipated-movies-of-2011/

Most Anticipated Movies of 2011

26. Jan, 2011

As we kick off a new year in cinema, I thought I’d take time to look ahead at the films we’ll be hit with over the course of the year. In this article, I’ll be going over what my 15 most anticipated movies are for the year. Now it should be noted, these aren’t the movies that I feel will be the best of 2011 necessarily. Rather, they’re the ones that, as of the time of this writing, I am anticipating the most. So without further ado, here are my most anticipated movies of 2011.

9. X-Men: First Class

Director: Matthew Vaughn

Writer: Jane Goldman, Ashley Miller, Jamie Moss, Josh Schwartz and Zack Stentz; story by Bryan Singer

Stars: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence

Release Date: June 3, 2011

Genre: Sci-fi Action

What is it: Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-MEN.

Why it should be good: A look at when Xavier and Magneto were younger. A backstory to where it all started. For such a thrilling franchise, this could be a nice take on the story and provide quite some entertainment and thrills. Plus, having directed movies like Kick-Ass andStardust, Matthew Vaughn is, I believe, much more adept at creating a movie like this than say a Jon Favreau or such. Vaughn also has the enjoyable Layer Cake under his director’s belt, which very much shows off that he learned well producing Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels andSnatch. Furthermore, his friendship and learning under the great Guy Ritchie, only further adds value to his role as a filmmaker. Meanwhile, the writers have brought us such movies as Stardustand Kick-Ass as well as TV shows such as Fringe and Chuck. Also, it has a pretty good cast.

Why it could suck: Well, those writers did also bring us The Sarah Connor Chronicles andAndromeda. Also, prequels sometimes have a tendency to not do so well. It’s, sometimes, almost as if a prequel is a last resort when the writers have run out of ideas of where the current story can go, so they decide to go back and cash in on the name once more by filling in some gaps from the beginning. I guess only time will tell if this becomes a Batman Begins (ie a very good prequel movie that did very well to reboot the franchise) or it falls more in line with The Scorpion King (ie a complete waste of my time that probably shouldn’t have even been made).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:34 am

http://michaelbayistheantichrist.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/most-anticipated-of-2011/

Most Anticipated of 2011
25 01 2011

There’s a strong chance I haven’t even heard of most of the movies that will end up being my year-end favorites, but as of now, here’s what I can’t wait to see:

7) Shame

Director Steve McQueen and his leading man Michael Fassbender’s follow-up to their amazing 2009 film Hunger. I can’t see this duo not going 2 for 2.

5) A Dangerous Method

The third film from David Cronenberg and Viggo Mortensen, this time also starring Michael Fassbender (!) and Keira Knightley. The film’s about Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud, and it should be amazing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:47 am

http://splintercontent.com/2011/01/26/my-most-anticipated-films-of-2011/

My Most Anticipated Films of 2011
26Jan11

Hey All! With 2011 now into full effect I wanted to go over my most anticipated films of the year. This year is looking to be a great year for movies and my hopes are high! Now, of course, some films still don’t have release dates so there could be some really good stuff coming later in the year, but these are films with solid release dates. Here we go:

X-Men First Class – Opens June 3

We go back to the beginning and see how Professor Xavier and Magneto first meet and bring together teens just learning of their mutant powers. My hopes are high for this film with director Michael Vaughn who did a great job with Kick-Ass last year and has a great cast that includes Wanted’s James McAvoy, Inglorious Basterds’ Michael Fassbender, and Mad Men’s January Jones.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 pm

http://cinevolver.wordpress.com/2011/01/30/movies-coming-out-in-2011-the-complete-list/

Movies Coming Out in 2011: The Complete List

01.30.2011 at 06:37 (Predictions)

FOREWORD: This is, as usual, not a definitive list, and I know it’s way overdue… but in my defense, it’s the longest list I’ve ever done. I’m not going to talk about a lot of this year’s obvious releases: I will not discuss Harry Potter, Twilight, Cars 2 or Justin Bieber. I’m also not going to talk X-Men since I haven’t seen ANY of the X-Men movies. I will only mention wide releases, though many of 2011′s limited releases look pretty excellent. I also left out everything from January, seeing as they’re already out and I posted them in Part I. The rest of the movies discussed in Part I are repeated here.

Jane Eyre (3.11) – This is definitely a new direction for director Cary Fukunaga, but I’m excited. I’m positively squealing with excitement for the cast: Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre, Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax, Jamie Bell as St. John Rivers, and best of all, the beautiful, brilliant and British Michael Fassbender as Edward Rochester. I can’t wait!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 pm

http://lowresolution.blogspot.com/2011/01/spring-2011-movie-preview-part-2.html

Monday, January 31, 2011
Spring 2011 Movie Preview, Part 2
No time to dwell on the best movies of 2010! ...Well, that's a dirty lie -- there is PLENTY of time to dwell on the best movies of 2010, and expect me to do so in some depth. But we can also take time to look ahead at the first few months of 2011 and the ... interesting mix of movies found therein. I'm chucking January as a no man's land (sorry, Green Hornet) and starting in February. Yes, I know "spring" isn't for another couple months, but Feb.-April is a seasonal grey area, and we should all just deal.

Movie: Jane Eyre (Cary Fukunaga)
High-Concept Synopsis: Among the misty moors of England, a vulnerable young woman (Mia Wasikowska) moves into a creepy house that might be haunted but definitely houses a ridiculously hot, slender man (Michael Fassbender).

Who Will Be Seeing It: Fans of Charlotte Bronte's beloved novel, who have gone without a filmed adaptation since 2006. Fans of couldn't-be-hotter rising stars Wasikowska and Fassbender (also Jamie Bell, Judi Dench, and Sally Hawkins). Fans of director Fukunaga's quietly devastating breakthrough film Sin Nombre.

Who Won't Be Seeing It: People who are kind of ooked out by the age difference between prospective lovers Wasikowska (21, though she's never played that old) and Fassbender (33, and already making a name for himself and deflowering teens on screen). Audiences who need another costumey English drama like they need a hole in the head. Wuthering Heights fans who are pissed that this beat Andrea Arnold's Emily Bronte adaptation to theaters (and to casting Fassbender).

Why I'd See It: I totally flipped for Fukunaga's Sin Nombre (my #10 film of 2009), and while I can't say I don't wish he were taking on less trod-over story material, it'd be pretty cool if he brought something totally new out of it. March 11
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:41 pm

http://originalmoviesite.blogspot.com/2011/02/beware-of-11-11-indie-movies.html

Beware of ' 11 11 Indie movies
Translate Request has too much data

Everybody knows the big Hollywood movies scheduled to release this year. We all know what blockbusters will be lighting up the box office and hitting our theaters. However, all too often, some of the best movies of the years are the ones we never hear about. The ones that aren't big Hollywood releases and don't receive the publicity that your 'Transformers' or 'X-Men' receive. Thus, today I'd like to turn the attention to indie movies. Here is a list of 11 independent films that should be good and are worth watching out for in 2011.

10. A Dangerous Method

Director: David Cronenberg

Writer: Christopher Hampton

Stars: Viggo Mortensen, Keira Knightley and Michael Fassbender

Premiere: Reports say an October release

Genre: Dramatic Thriller

What is it: A look at how the intense relationship between Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud gives birth to psychoanalysis.

Analysis: The cast alone is enough to get me excited. I love Viggo's work. Knightley is one of my favorite actresses and Fassbender has definitely made a name for himself. On top of that, David Cronenberg is a respected filmmaker himself. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of his previous outings with Viggo (A History of Violence and Eastern Promises), so if those are anything to go by, this could turn into quite an entertaining psychological thriller.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:07 am

http://flamingbears.com/?p=34

Top Ten Upcoming Films 2011

1. X-Men: First Class

Michael Fassbender as Magneto

Matthew “Kick-Ass” Vaughn directs this 120 million dollar 1960’s prequel to Bryan Singers “X-Men”. The story chronicles the friendship and eventual fall out between Professor Xavier and Magneto. So far Vaughn has done everything right. First, he brought on Jane Goldman to rewrite the script. Goldman co-wrote “Kick-Ass” with Vaughn and she also has two other films coming out this year, “The Debt” and “The Woman in Black”. Having read both scripts I can tell you this woman is the real deal, and has an exciting career in front of her. Vaughn then gathered an impressive cast of both young and old talent. Kevin Bacon plays the antagonist Sebastian Shaw, leader of the Hellfire club, and January Jones from “Mad Men” stars at the villainous and sexy Emma Frost. On the good side we have the always reliable Rose Byrne and younger talents like Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult. The always great character actors Ray Wise and Oliver Platt shows up in smaller roles while James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender takes the leads as Xavier and Magneto. An X-Men film that takes place in the 60’s with this talent? Can’t get much better than that. The biggest worry here is time. Vaughn signed on to direct in May 2010 and started shooting in September. They are scheduled to wrap filming in late February, leaving Vaughn with only 4 months of proper post production before the film rolls out worldwide on June 3rd. That is a tight schedule, and considering he spent over 12 months in post production on “Kick-Ass” one wonders if he can pull off a massive ensemble period superhero film like this in under a year. Let’s hope he does, and delivers the most exciting blockbuster of 2011.

So that was the ten films I most look forward to seeing this year. Once I have seen all the Oscar films nominated for Best Picture (Still have 127 Hours, True Grit and The Fighter left) I will post my top ten favorite films of 2010. But unless those three rock my world I can say that my favorite film of last year has not been nominated for any awards, but in my eyes it’s a cult classic and without a doubt the most entertaining film of 2010.

This entry was written by Björn Tobiasson, posted on February 8, 2011 at 11:31,
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:26 am

http://amiresque.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-top-dozen-most-anticipated-films-of.html

Feb 6, 2011
My Top Dozen Most Anticipated Films of 2011
The title of this post is pretty self explanatory so I'll get right to it:

6. A Dangerous Method
Honestly, everything about this film screams perfection. It was about damn time for a top-notch director to take over a project about Freud, or Jung, or better yet, Freud AND Jung. Cronenberg's recent run of films have been brilliant and he's teaming up with his two-time collaborator Viggo Mortensen here. If that's not enough, add Michael Fassbender and Keira Knightley to the equation. If this film doesn't excite you, I'm really not sure what will.

2. Shame
Steve McQueen's second effort behind the camera would top my list had it been scheduled for release in any other year. Hunger is one of the most powerful films I've seen in my life and Michael Fassbender gives his best performance there. (That's no small compliment given how great he is on a regular basis.) Here they are reuniting and teaming up with Carey Mulligan for a modern day story set in NYC about a man who has to deal with his sister in the middle of his sexcapades. Interesting premise, amazing cast, promising director and already strong promotional material.

Posted by Amir at 3:54 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:28 am

http://flixchatter.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/new-pics-from-two-of-my-most-anticipated-movies-coriolanus-and-jane-eyre/

New pics from two of my most-anticipated 2011 movies: Coriolanus and Jane Eyre

February 6, 2011 by rtm

Happy Superbowl Sunday! I saw these on Friday but just finally got time to post ‘em. Now, these are the movies I wish I’d see the trailers during the Superbowl. These pics just made me anticipate these movies a whole lot more (if that is even possible).

JANE EYRE

At least for this one I only have about a month to wait as it’s coming out on March 11. The trailer of the Charlotte Brontë’s Gothic romance has been released last November and it looks really, really good. Soon to be A-lister Michael Fassbender has since been cast in Ridley Scott’s alien flick Prometheus and he’s also in another highly-anticipated flick X-Men: First Class. The strong supporting cast includes Judi Dench, Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins and Imogen Poots. But what I’m anticipating most is to see Fassbender’s interpretation of my favorite byronic hero, Edward Rochester!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:38 am

http://corlomoski.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-most-anticipated-movies-of-2011.html

My Most Anticipated Movies of 2011
I think 2011 is going to be a big year for Hollywood and the film industry. All of today's big filmmakers (e.g. Spielberg, Scorsese, Fincher) have something coming out, and there are at least four superhero movies vying for our coveted box-office dollars this summer. Sure, not all these movies are going to be good -- in fact, a bunch of them are probably going to be gigantic disappointments. But, as of right now, some of these movies look down-right amazing.

What follows is my list of movies I'm looking forward to seeing in 2011 with a brief description of why they pique my interest. Most of them are the blockbuster-type movies, but those are the only ones I'm hearing anything about at this point in the year. They're arranged according to potential release date rather than by order of preference -- that would simply to be too hard to accomplish such a feat.

Jane Eyre
March 11

Jane Eyre is my favorite book of all time, so naturally I'm interested in seeing this movie. Mia Wasikowksa plays Jane, and although I didn't enjoy her performance in this year's Alice in Wonderland, I think she was remarkable in The Kids Are All Right. Rochester, my favorite character in the novel, is played by Michael Fassbender of Inglourious Basterds, and although I think he's a little too handsome for the role, I'm sure I won't be quibbling about that in a few months.

X-Men: First Class
June 3

The first two X-Men movies were fantastic; the last two, including Wolverine, were awful. There's almost a guarantee that First Class, directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) and starring James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, will be better, if not terrific in its own right. It's certainly something worth keeping an eye on.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:02 am

http://timeslikethose.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/the-ultimate-2011-movie-guide/

The Ultimate 2011 Movie Guide

February 10, 2011 in Movies

You know all of those “most anticipated” lists that are out around this time? And you know how they all just have the year’s biggest blockbusters (Thor, Transformers 3, etc.) in varying order? Well, this list is different. It’s a mix of all different genres and sizes of movies (yes, including some blockbusters). I always find it interesting to look back at the movies that I was excited about. Because all it takes is a bad trailer and/or poor reviews to make me completely lose interest a lot of the time. So here’s a look at 50 films in 2011 that I’m excited for, in a very rough order.

5. X-Men: First Class

Release Date: June 3

Director: Matthew Vaughan

Cast: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, January Jones, Rose Byrne, Kevin Bacon, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz, Lucas Till, Oliver Platt, Caleb Landry Jones

What is with the amazing casts this year? Hopefully they don’t disappoint, as these monster casts sometimes do (hi, Nine!). I could see this one going either way, but Matthew Vaughan (Kick-Ass) is a fun director, and with the actors attached, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it on some level. The trailer looks like promising, if not fairly standard, superhero fare.

9. Jane Eyre

Release Date: March 11

Director: Carey Fukunaga

Cast: Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins, Judi Dench, Imogen Poots

It looks like it’s going to be a big year for both Wasikowska and Fassbender, and this sweeping adaptation of the classic Charlotte Bronte novel will likely give both their careers even more of a boost. Potentially overwrought but certain to be well-shot, the best-case scenario for Jane Eyre would be something along the lines of a darker version of 2005′s Pride & Prejudice.

o Imagine a movie that stars Cillian Murphy, Michael Fassbender, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, and Colin Farrell. Well, this film might actually exist. At-Swim-Two-Birds is an Irish film based on an Irish novel directed by a respected Irish actor (Brendan Gleeson). And it’s going to be amazing, if it ever gets made (IMDB still lists it as in pre-production. Why must you tease us so?)

o Remember when Steven Soderbergh cast Sasha Grey in The Girlfriend Experiment? That sort of made sense as an experimental piece. Now he’s taking a somewhat similar risk by casting non-actor and fighter Gina Carano as the lead in Haywire. But this time she’s backed by a cast that includes Ewan McGregor, Michael Fassbender, Channing Tatum, Michael Douglas, Antonio Banderas, Michael Angarano, and Bill Paxton in this story of a black ops soldier out for revenge. This is either going to be amazing or awful.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:20 am

http://ernestinamarie.blogspot.com/2011/02/superhero-mania-2011.html

Thursday, February 10, 2011
Superhero Mania 2011

Late last year my friend Tara and I walked by a comic book shop that had three impressive pencil portraits in the window: The Green Lantern, Thor and Captain America. The store owner came out of the shop as we were admiring the work. I informed the owner that all three movies were coming out in 2011. He was aware of that, which was why he spent last night trying to finish all three portraits. I regret not having taking a picture of the shop because this man did an amazing job.

In June, we'll have another X-Men side-step (like Wolverine) called X-Men: First Class starring James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender. My sister is a fan of James McAvoy. I'm a fan of Michael Fassbender and I'm looking forward to his Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre. So both of us will be watching this movie diligently. The film explores the relationship between Professor X / Charles and Magneto / Erik in the 1950s when they were friends and joined forces. X-Men: First Class will be released on June 6.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:31 pm

http://agcrump.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/2011-rising-my-films-to-watch-pt-2/

2011 Rising: My Films to Watch (pt.2)

Part 2 of my 2011 preview commences…now! (Part 1 can be perused here, at your leisure.)

X-Men: First Class– By happy coincidence, the first trailer for Matthew Vaughn’s period prequel to the X-Men franchise hit just last week, and guess what? It looks really good. Focusing specifically on the relationship between Erik Lehnsherr, the man better known as Magneto, and Professor Charles Xavier, First Class parallel events in American history like the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Civil Rights Movement as the two prominent mutants’ friendship splinters apart amidst the divergence of their greatly differing philosophies and world views. Vaughn looks to be telling an intimate and personal story about two friends fragmenting apart from one another in between large-scale action sequences, and while more robust details elude me the footage has me well sold at this point, and ready (and more importantly, willing) to return to the X-verse again. Prediction: Sure, the last two X-Men movies were horrendous, but let’s give Vaughn and the stars the benefit of the doubt, huh?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next