Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Hot films for 2011

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hot films for 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: Hot films for 2011

Post by Admin Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:20 am

http://hopelies.com/2011/02/17/genre-summer-2011-preview/

Posted by adambatty on February 17, 2011 ·
Tim Matthews is back, with a look at this years summer offerings in the way of all things genre.

February is an important month on the movie calendar. It sees the Awards Season reach its pinnacle with the BAFTAs and the Academy Awards. Genre films can often get overlooked by BAFTA and the Academy looking for more prestigious films to applaud. There are exceptions; The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and last year’s Inception spring to mind but on the whole, the best genre films can usually hope to achieve is plaudits for their visual effects, sound and production design.

There is however, an event that occurs in February that is probably more important for Sci-fi, Horror and Fantasy films than the big awards ceremony. That event is the Superbowl. As you probably know, the Superbowl is the biggest game of the American Football season; their equivalent of our F.A. Cup. Studios know that during the half-time break, the Networks have their biggest audiences of the year and they all vie to have the trailers for the year’s biggest releases shown during this break. These releases are usually the ‘Summer Blockbusters’ and they usually happen to be big-budget genre flicks this year is no exception. This week for Hope Lies at 24 Frames Per Second, I thought it would be a good time to have a look at what the Superbowl offered this year and what we can expect to see at the multiplex this summer.

There was another comic book trailer released this month. It wasn’t one of the Superbowl trailers but does deserve a mention here. It was X-Men: First Class. This takes us back to the beginning of the X-Men saga, showing how Xavier and Magneto went from being close friends to arch enemies and how the X-Men were formed. Boasting a fantastic cast, including James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Kevin Bacon and being directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass, Stardust) this looks like it could be the first big hit of the blockbuster season. It does however, come with the baggage of following X-Men: The Last Stand and Wolverine – X-Men Origins, which received a lukewarm reception from fans and critics alike, but Bryan Singer is back as a producer on this one so fingers are tightly crossed. Released 2nd June.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 am

http://beardyone.posterous.com/aint-it-cool-news-the-best-in-movie-tv-dvd-an

Cool News
Why March 2011 Might Be The New Summer! Ten Upcoming Films To Get Excited About!

Published on: Feb 20, 2011 10:48:33 AM CST
Nordling here.

I've been reading an article today on GQ - "The Day The Movies Died" by Mark Harris - and I got a little depressed at it. Depressed because I mostly agree with what he's saying. I could rant about how there will be more sequels in 2011 than any year previously which is a depressing fact on its own (and that article doesn't even count prequels or remakes). I could rant about how Hollywood seems to be diving head first into the young adult market to adapt TWILIGHT-esque books in hopes of recapturing that lightning in a bottle, and if I AM NUMBER FOUR is any indication, I'd sooner break that bottle over my head in a bar fight than endure a movie like that again. There's movies I'm looking forward to this summer for sure, but the only original project that comes to mind is SUPER 8 and that's directly inspired from the Spielberg films of the 1980s. Even though all the comic book superhero films look fun, there's hundreds of comic book characters that haven't had their stories told in film yet, but eventually they all start to blend together. I think our interest in these kinds of heroes might be waning, but I could be wrong. We'll see when those box office numbers come in.

The fact is, and I hate to sound all curmudgeonly about this, but original films aren't the business of Hollywood these days. They're too much of a risk, money-wise. Sequels, prequels, adaptations (which I actually don't mind too much), films based on television shows... these are tried and true properties that already have fanbases and little risk. The one true exception last summer was INCEPTION, and I can't be sure, but I'd bet what the Mark Harris article described is exactly how it went down. WB executives biting their fingernails after opening weekend, and if they had paid attention to audiences they might have realized that there was little to worry about. If any of them had actually sat in a theater when those first INCEPTION trailers played and listened to the audience buzzing about them - something different! Something new! Something I haven't seen before! Something that I can't guess the plot to! - I don't think they would have worried so much. INCEPTION was a breath of fresh air in a very stale summer last year. I had practically written the summer off before it was released, with the exception of TOY STORY 3, and INCEPTION brought in, if not a wave, then at the very least a current of interesting films to become aware of after it came out.

But original content seems to still be anathema, or at least, not something that studios would risk a high amount of money on. Which brings me to March, and the movies opening in the next few weeks. March, for me, has a good chance of being the best month for films this year, and I'm already seeing some people write them off, which is a shame. There's a few adaptations to be sure, but it seems like it's the month, before summer starts ramping up, where studios seem to be putting out some of their more riskier material - at least, riskier in their outlook. Films that come out this March could well have been the highlights of summer in other years, but since we're buried up to our necks in sequels and prequels now, original films like these get squeezed out for more safe fare. I'm an eternal optimist, and I thought I'd highlight some of next month's releases and why we should give them our attention.

JANE EYRE - opens March 11, 2011 - Charlotte Brontë's novel has of course been adapted for the screen before, and the trailer for this latest iteration seems to play up the thriller aspects, but the cast is extraordinary, with Mia Wasikowska as Jane, Michael Fassbender as Edward Rochester, and Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax. Cary Fukunaga directed the amazing SIN NOMBRE, and so I expect this will be a film of quality. At this point I'll see Michael Fassbender in anything. He's a versatile actor and commanding of the screen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:18 am

http://thefilmstage.com/2011/02/21/most-anticipated-films-of-2011/

Our Most-Anticipated Films of 2011
Published on February 21, 2011 by TFS Staff

Like you, we also want to wipe out the first few weeks of each new cinematic year. Timed with the debut of the first genuinely good wide release of 2011, comes our list of the most-anticipated films of the year. Creating a mix of blockbuster, independent, and foreign films that span nearly every genre, there is something for everyone below. Check out our 100+ picks spread over the next few pages and let us know what you are looking forward to. The films are listed in chronological order, with a release date attached if available.

Jane Eyre (Cary Fukunaga; March 11th)

Synopsis: A mousy governess who softens the heart of her employer soon discovers that he’s hiding a terrible secret.

Why You Should See It: A classic gothic romance from a hot, young director (Cary Fukunaga) starring two of the hottest, most talented actors around town (Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender) makes promises one prays it can keep. – Dan M.

Haywire (Steven Soderbergh; April 22nd)

Synopsis: A black ops super soldier seeks payback after she is betrayed and set up during a mission.

Why You Should See It: Formerly known as Knockout, this spy thriller stars Michael Fassbender, Channing Tatum, Ewan McGregor, Michael Douglas, Michael Angarano, Antonio Banderas, Bill Paxton, and Gina Carano. If that impressive cast isn’t enough, you’ve also got another Soderbergh film coming in the fall. - Jordan R.

X-Men: First Class (Matthew Vaughn; June 3rd)

Synopsis: Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-MEN.

Why You Should See It: After prepping, but ultimately departing X-Men: Last Stand, Matthew Vaugnn’s (Kick-Ass, Stardust) return to the franchise should provide a breath of fresh air after a sharp decline with non-Singer productions. Bryan Singer also returns as producer, and the stellar cast top-lined by James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender place it in my most-anticipated summer movie category. – Jordan R.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:42 am

http://www.thefilmpilgrim.com/features/2011-the-year-of-the-comic-book-movie/1860

2011 – the Year of the Comic-Book Movie
By
Daniel Bigmore
– February 24, 2011

2011 is the year of the comic book movie! If you are anything like me, you will be mightily excited about the line-up of our favourite super heroes appearing on the big screen this year. The biggest worry here is that quantity will outweigh the quality, but with the added competition, these movies are going to be bringing the good stuff in order to stand out what is a densely populated crowd.

X Men First Class Film Still James McAvoyX-Men: First Class

Arriving second we have the latest entry into the X-Men franchise – X-Men: First Class. Luckily this won’t be carrying on from where X-Men: The Last Stand left off, which many thought was a poor attempt. First Class will be a re-boot, a popular format at the moment in Hollywood, which, in this case, can only be a good thing.

Fresh off of his Kick-Ass heroics, Matthew Vaughan has assumed directorial duties for this project and brought along with him a crew of exceptional caliber. With James McAvoy as Professor Xavier and Michael Fassbender as Magneto, we should be in for a treat; as the dynamic of their complicated relationship is born in front of our very eyes.

First Class is actually set in the 1960’s, during the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis, which only stirs up the anticipation for this film even further. This will give the movie a good change from the mundane efforts that have come before in this franchise, and should provide a very interest background for the entertainment to springboard from. A lot of X-Men fans were hurt deeply from the previous efforts to bring these famed characters to life, but have faith that this one can reinstall belief in them once again.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:43 am

http://highoncelluloid.blogspot.com/2011/02/films-to-see-in-2011-march.html

Thursday, February 24, 2011
Films To See In 2011: March
At the start of every month, I tell myself that it's going to be better than what we were saddled with last month. That hasn't really been working for me lately, seeing as the closest January brought us to real quality was No Strings Attached, and the top film out in February happens to come from Justin Bieber. That's meant to be a compliment, because unlike most people on the planet, I don't hate Justin Bieber. I have better things to do with my time than hate a 15 year old kid who never did anything wrong to me. Getting back on track, I genuinely believe this month will be a step in the right direction. There are some films that I'd have liked to put on this list, but just didn't make the cut. The Adjustment Bureau looks like it could be another great film for Matt Damon, Paul looks absolutely hilarious, and features like Sucker Punch and Battle: Los Angeles look like well produced action spectacles. I just found myself most anticipating of three somewhat unlikely films.

#2."Jane Eyre"
Directed by Cary Fukunaga

I wasn't exactly sold on this one so instantly, but before the trailer came out, I had a hard time seeing the down side. It's a pretty well-known story, though I haven't ever found the time to read it, and the film features two of my favorite up-and-coming actors of this era. If you're familiar with this sight, you'll know how much I've appreciated Mia Wasikowska's work over the few months, and Michael Fassbender immediately struck me when he appeared in Inglourious Basterds nearly two years ago. I knew that this guy was going places. The first trailer was a bit mysterious for my tastes, and I had no idea what to make of this film. However, given the tone and writing of the footage I've seen, I think Jane Eyre could be the rare old-British drama that actually works. I'm certainly hoping for that outcome.

Posted by Duncan Houst at 11:00 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:35 am

http://fornerdseyesonly.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-to-look-forward-to-in-2011-films_25.html

Friday, February 25, 2011
What to look forward to in 2011: films, pt 2

X-Men: First Class
June 3

I never thought this would look as good as it does. Leaked screenshots were questionable, but the trailer soon followed, as it really had to. Rose Byrne as Moira McTaggert will be incredibly sexy. Byrne with a Scottish accent will get me all hot and bothered. James McAvoy as Professor X back when Xavier sounded Scottish, a perfect Magneto in Michael Fassbender, the diverse Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, January Jones as Emma Frost (perfectly cast), among others.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:50 am

http://jefafa.blogspot.com/2011/02/upcoming-2011-comic-book-movies.html

Upcoming 2011 Comic Book Movies
Hello everyone,

Today I would like to talk to you about all the cool comic book movies that are coming out this year but a quick preview of what is on tap for next year.

June 3 - X-Men: First Class

Ever since this film was first announced to be done I wasn't thrilled about it, I was hoping for a Magneto Origins movie. The cast seems pretty good, I just hate how they have changed so many people that should be in a first class like Jean Grey and Cyclops. The trailer has swayed me a bit and I will probably go see the movie now, mostly because I believe that Michael Fassbender is going to have a great performance. Will I be standing in line for this movie, no way, but I will watch it either in a theater or on my computer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:12 am

http://antagonie.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-2011-movie-preview.html

02 March 2011
MARCH 2011 MOVIE PREVIEW
I was kicking around a tortured "spring thaw at the multiplex" lede, but decided against in the name of taste. The point stands, though: March is usually the month where the first little green shoots of decent filmmaking start to poke up from the snow of hastily-dumped genre fare, with the occasional early-blooming crocus of a Ghost Writer or Duplicity to perfume the air with the scent of top-shelf cinematic entertainment.

[Immediately after writing the above paragraph, the author laid down for several hours to nurse a martini and a pounding sense of a shame].

What was I saying? Ah, yes, it's the month when good movies start to trickle out. Let's get to em!

Looking to be considerably better: a new Jane Eyre, which is mostly exciting for a really fantastic cast, including the f#%@#&! brilliant pairing of Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska. Whether the movie will be any good... but Fassbender hasn't yet picked a bad project.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:58 am

http://kelaways-planet.blogspot.com/2011/03/upcoming.html

Wednesday, March 2, 2011
UPCOMING...
March 11, 2011

Jane Eyre (PG-13)
Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Judi Dench, Holliday Grainger
Mia Wasikowska ("Alice in Wonderland") and Michael Fassbender ("Inglourious Basterds") star in the romantic drama based on Charlotte Brontë's classic novel, from acclaimed director Cary... read more Fukunaga ("Sin Nombre"). In the story, Jane Eyre flees Thornfield House, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. As she reflects upon the people and emotions that have defined her, it is clear that the isolated and imposing residence - and Mr. Rochester's coldness - have sorely tested the young woman's resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. She must now act decisively to secure her own future and come to terms with the past that haunts her - and the terrible secret that Mr. Rochester is hiding and that she has uncovered...

View Trailer | Want to See 88% Want to see
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

http://demonsresume.wordpress.com/2011/03/03/traffic-control-march-2011/

TRAFFIC CONTROL: March 2011.
Posted: March 3, 2011 by Jon Abrams in Traffic Control

So here we are again, again. Catch up on “Traffic Control” from January and February.

As always, I encourage everyone reading to be an independent thinker. Don’t take my word for it, or anyone else’s. Don’t let anyone discourage you from liking what you like (that’s generally speaking – some things genuinely don’t deserve to be liked.)

What you get from me, as ever, is just one opinion, but from a guy who happens to have seen more movies than most anybody, who has studied this stuff and thought about it more often than is healthy, and who has just enough first-hand experience to have seen something about how it works, and therefore has a bit more informed of an opinion than many elsewhere on the internet.

So let’s go, March.

Jane Eyre (March 11)

A literary adaptation, from a centuries-old Charlotte Bronte novel. Normally I look at these movies like they’re English class. I wasn’t an ideal student there and I probably still am not. So there will be no rush from me to see this movie, but Michael Fassbender (Centurion) is cool, and the movie looks really good for what it is.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:02 am

http://www.filmmisery.com/?p=6393

MONTHLY HIGHLIGHTS: March

Posted On: Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 | Posted By: Davin Lacksonen

There is the pre-summer phase in which the first few blockbusters are released in April and May, the summer blockbuster season in which the box office explodes between June and August, the pre-Oscar season in September and October, and finally the Oscar season in November and December. The beginning of the year is, however, not so hot. I call January through March the s$#! season. The only real quality to be found at the cinema in these early stages of the year are the lingering remnants of the previous year. I’ve been to the theater once so far in 2011 and it was to see True Grit for the third time. So it appears to me that the s$#! season has thus far lived up to the implications of my label. March appears to have several promising titles though. Some exist as the afforementioned ‘lingering remnants,’ while others are original titles that have been interestingly chosen for an early release. Without further ado, here is what I foresee as being worthy endeavors this month:

Jane Eyre

Having just finished reading Charlotte Bronte’s gothic piece of literature, this is the one I am most excited for. While I confess that I prefer her sister’s novel, Wuthering Heights on the basis that Heathcliff is a much more interesting character than Jane, Charlotte’s novel feels much more cinematic. The story is more linear and developes in first-person perspective along a very classical story arch. Mia Wasikowska is a rising star worthy of attention who has been offered a serious role to shine alongside Michael Fassbender and Judi Dench (who is perfectly cast as Mrs. Fairfax). Cary Fukunga, the director of the interesting but not brilliant Sin Nombre, is at the helm in his first English language feature. I am hoping for the best in Jane Eyre as previous adaptations have not impressed me. Check out the beautiful poster for the film as well…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:30 pm

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/march-movie-releases-2011.php

The Movie Watcher’s Guide to March 2011
Features By FSR Staff on March 4, 2011

We realize that you’re probably sitting at home right now, chewing your own nails off and wondering what movies are coming out this month. Maybe you’re even wondering why no one on the entire internet has said anything about them. Strange, we know.

How will you know what to watch this month?

Fortunately, Rob Hunter and Cole Abaius spent the entire month of February drinking tiger’s blood, wandering the Oscar red carpet, and copying by hand every copy of Below The Line in order to keep you informed about what’s coming out in March.

You watch movies, so this guide’s for you.

Jane Eyre

Who did it? Directed by Cary Fukunaga; Written by Moira Buffini; Starring Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins, Imogen Poots

What is it? A long overdue adaptation of Charlotte Bronte’s classic novel about a nosy servant who grows to despise and love her employer in equal measure until she discovers his terrible secret.

Why should we care? Because this is a follow-up to Fukunaga’s beautiful and brilliant debut, Sin Nombre! Kudos go to the marketer who decided to pair Goblin’s score from Suspiria against the trailer for this film, but the real draw here is the film’s visual appeal and its incredibly strong cast. Wasikowska stood out from the far more veteran actors in The Kids Are All Right as well as from the abundant special effects in Alice In Wonderland, and it’s good to see her tackling a classic character like Jane Eyre. At the very least it will be fun to spot the anachronistic Gordon & the Whale sticker hidden in the film somewhere. -RH
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:21 pm

http://beertainment.tv/2011/03/08/the-notable-films-of-2011-part-twelve/

The Notable Films of 2011: Part Twelve
By
MJ Melendez
– March 8, 2011

Shame

Opens: 2011
Cast: Michael Fassbender, Carey Mulligan, James Badge Dale, Nicole Beharie, Hanna Ware
Director: Steven R. McQueen

Summary: A drama centered on thirty-something Brandon, his myriad sexual escapades, and what happens when his wayward younger sister moves in with him.

Analysis: After making a truly stunning debut with 2008′s bleak Irish prison drama “Hunger”, British artist turned filmmaker Steve McQueen is re-teaming with that film’s breakout star Michael Fassbender for this intriguing sounding relationship drama which recently began shooting in New York. Not expected to be as harrowing as “Hunger”, “Shame” will still paint a haunting picture of an epidemic in modern society that almost no-one talks about – porn addiction.

Specifically reports indicate Fassbender plays an everyday thirty-something guy whose addiction to porn means he finds it extremely difficult to connect to women on anything but a superficial level. That puts a blossoming relationship he’s developed with a confident and attractive woman in jeopardy. In an age where true social interaction is dwindling and extreme pornography is a just mouse click away, kids these days have usually seen more extreme smut by the time they hit their twenties than their parents saw in an entire life time.

What kind of toll psychologically that ultimately takes is hard to say, physically though it can lead to obvious issues from erectile dysfunction to anti-social behaviour. McQueen and “Brick Lane” scribe Abi Morgan penned the script for the film which has already become a hot seller in several international markets. McQueen says the film will “explore the nature of need and how people react to the experiences of their lives”. No dates as yet but best guess is McQueen will be hurrying to have this ready for a Venice or Toronto bow.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 pm

http://nodullbits.blogspot.com/2011/03/coming-attractions-march-edition.html

Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Coming Attractions: March Edition
Hello movie-goers! There are loads more films coming out this month compared to last - the Oscars always kinda kill releases for the month I think. Many sci-fi/fantasy films (prepping us for summer "blockbusters"?) that look promising. While all of the films I've listed here look good to one degree or another, I must say I'm eagerly looking forward to Sucker Punch the most; I'll likely see this one more than one if it's as good as I'm hoping it will be. *fingers crossed*

Read on, judge, comment, drop me a line if you want to catch one (or more) with me. Smile

Jane Eyre (3/11)
The Plot: Based on the classic novel by Bronte, a plane-looking governess softens the heart of her cold and abrupt employer, but soon discovers that he's hiding a terrible secret.

The Players: Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell, Dame Judi Dench. Directed by Cary Fukunaga.

The Perspective: While I (now) know the gist of it, I've never actually read the book or seen any interpretation of this tale so I'm pretty interested to see this film, especially with such a stellar cast. Besides, I'm a chic, it's practically encoded in my DNA to want to see this, right?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:12 pm

http://theopeningshot.blogspot.com/2011/03/us-releases_08.html

Films Releasing On & Before Friday, 11th March, 2011
US Releases

Jane Eyre

Studio – Focus Features (Previous Film: The Eagle)
Director - Cary Fukunaga (Previous Film: Sin Nombre)

In a nutshell....

Jane Eyre has had a bleak childhood with a lot of trouble. A she grows up she takes up the job of a governess at Thornfield Hall. The master of the house, Mr. Rochester, is a cold, dark and an abrupt man. But Eyre soon falls in love with him and as times look positive for the girl Mr. Rochester's terrible secret might just destroy her new happy world, again.

Based on a very powerful and influential novel of the same name, Jane Eyre is a dark film with the morality of right and wrong at its core. Set in the 19th century, London, England, this film looks high on drama, as it should be, with great art design that recreates the old English mood. Mia Wasikowska is a bright, talented young actress, which makes me feel positive about this film as it rests on responsible shoulders. I think it will do well on the box office considering the starlet's recent success. Besides, the rest of the cast is also apt and liked by many. Most period dramas do turn out to be boring but this one seems engaging enough especially because of its dark and mysterious tones, and the popular story itself.

Runtime - 115 mins
Genre - Drama/Romance
Rated - PG-13

Principal Cast
Mia Wasikowska – Jane Eyre (Last seen in: The Kids Are Alright)
Michael Fassbender - Rochester (Last seen in: Jonah Hex)
Sally Hawkins - Mrs. Reed (Last seen in: Never Let Me Go)
Jamie Bell - St. John Rivers (Last seen in: The Eagle)
Judi Dench - Mrs. Fairfax (Last seen in: Nine)

Principal Crew

Moira Buffini, Charlotte Bronte (novel) - Writers
Adriano Goldman - Director of Photography
Melanie Oliver - Editor
Dario Marianelli - Music Director

Film’s USP
Based on Jane Eyre, the novel

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8J6Cjn06kA

Anticipation Rating - 3.5/5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:47 pm

http://bestfilmsofourlives.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/50-films-to-watch-for/

The Best Films of Our Lives

March 9, 2011 · 2:55 pm

50 Films to Watch For

All right, so the Oscars happened. I didn’t get to see the show first-hand, so I can’t really offer up any thoughts on the apparent James Franco debacle or anything else. And since the winners went pretty much as expected, I figure you guys know my thoughts by now on that subject. Unfortunately, no one was quite able to emerge victorious in the Outguess Ethan contest, as I rallied back from missing the first four categories in a row to end up with 18 out of 24, for 49 points. But congrats are in order to Cyrus, who tied me with both 18 categories right and a point total of 49. Shannon/Brian were right behind with, I believe, 46 points. Thanks to everyone who entered, and don’t despair; there’s always next year. Razz

Honestly though, this season felt like even more of a slog than usual (perhaps because the narrative got narrowed down to the top two contenders so early on), and I’m rather glad for it to be over. What better way to celebrate, then, than with a massive post looking ahead to the films of 2011? I did something like this back when I started this blog last May, but it really makes more sense to be doing this now that we’re finally emerging from “sh*#&% Movie Season” (as I like to call it). I hope to make this an annual installment (speaking of annual installments, my top 10 shots of 2010 will still have to wait until the summer, when I have the resources to review and collect the contenders).

Anyway, I’ve gathered together no less than 50 titles currently slated for 2011 release that y’all should keep an eye on. I’ve excluded the super-mainstream stuff that I’m sure you’re probably all aware of already, or certainly will be in the near future (i.e. the last “Harry Potter,” “Captain America,” “Thor,” “X-Men: First Class,” “Cowboys and Aliens”). I also cut out two films that initially made my list but already debuted since I started working on this: “Rango” and “The Adjustment Bureau,” both of which have opened to positive reviews (“Rango” in particular appears to be the first Oscar contender of the year – for Animated Feature, anyway). Since Russians insist on dubbing Hollywood fare, and I despise dubbing with the fiery passion of a supernova, I of course won’t be able to see many of these until summer. But you all should go see them and tell me how they are. Release dates are listed if known.

* A Dangerous Method (dir. David Cronenberg, starring Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender, Keira Knightley, Vincent Cassel)

Set on the eve of WWI, Cronenberg’s third collaboration with Mortensen (following “A History of Violence” and Eastern Promises”) follows the personal and academic conflict between Sigmund Freud and his pupil Carl Jung. While Mortensen as Freud still seems like dubious casting work to me, I’m pumped to see him and Fassbender go head-to-head in some slashfic-inspiring debate.

* Jane Eyre (dir. Cary Fukunaga, starring Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Judi Dench), US debut: Mar. 11

Why do we get a new version of “Jane Eyre” every 5 years? The appeal of the Brontë sisters continues to elude me. But this particular film has constantly fought off my inherent aversion, first with one of the best posters of the year, then a superbly gothic trailer, not to mention the exquisite casting of the leads. This really looks to be Fassbender’s year – between playing Carl Jung, Mr. Rochester and Magneto, he’s got a lot of opportunity to show you all why he’s one of my personal favorites (check out “Hunger,” “Inglourious Basterds” and “Fish Tank” if you’re impatient).

* Shame (dir. Steve McQueen, starring Michael Fassbender, Carey Mulligan, James Badge Dale)

And you thought we were done with the Michael Fassbender love-fest! Nope, dude’s got yet another film slated for 211 release with “Shame,” teaming back up with the director who gave him his star-making turn (well, among critics anyway) in “Hunger.” McQueen’s Bobby Sands “biopic” was a moving and disturbing work of art; we’ll see how the photographer-turned-filmmaker handles more straightforward material, with this tale of a sexually deviant man whose wayward sister moves in with him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:30 pm

http://unjustifiedcriticism.wordpress.com/2011/03/13/so-scripteds-most-anticipated-films-of-2011/

So Scripted’s Most Anticipated Films of 2011

March 13, 2011 by sbjamo

6. X-Men: First Class This just looks cool. Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy star in what looks like a compelling film. I liked the first two X-Men quite a bit. The third obviously pulled a Spider-Man 3, and Hugh Jackman’s spinoff was unfortunately mediocre, but the X-Men lore is pretty compelling. That’s enough to get me stoked.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 pm

http://brianorourke.blogspot.com/2011/03/blockbuster-summer.html

Tuesday, March 15, 2011
A Blockbuster Summer

There's a debate amongst geeks online about whether 2011 or 2012 is going to offer the best blockbuster summer ever. In this geek's opinion, 2012 edges out 2011. But that's next year. Let's talk about some of the major tentpole events lined up for this summer:

Sucker Punch - Zack Synder gives us another visual feast in the style of 300. This one is right up a geek's alley: guns, gals, and explosions.

Scream 4 - Wes Craven is bringing this series back from the dead. Ha ha.

Fast Five - I could point to the impossibility of reconciling the idea that god is all-powerful and good with the idea that evil exists in this world to posit that the Judeo-Christian god as he is understood cannot exist. That argument has fallen on many deaf ears over the years, so I'll offer this instead: they've now made FIVE Fast and Furious movies.

Thor - An adaption of the comic book that pulls our mythological hero out of Valhalla and sucks him into the real world. Sounds kind of cheesy until you look at who's directing: Kenneth Branagh. I like that the studios are starting to make some creative decisions with their hiring of directors for blockbusters. (Along similar lines, Shane Black has been hired to direct Iron Man 3.)

Pirates 4 - Johnny Depp plays Johnny Depp in a pirate costume.

The Hangover 2 - Probably a bad idea, but the first flick is so hysterical I'll see it regardless. Mel Gibson was slated to have a cameo until one of the cast members raised his objections. Which is kind of strange, because if Iron Mike Tyson should get a second chance, why not Mad Max?

Kung Fu Panda 2 - Jack Black is back as Po....alright, I'll own up: the first one was pretty good.

The Tree of Life - Just kidding. The word blockbuster and Terence Malick should never appear in the same sentence. Except, er, that sentence.

X-Men: First Class - James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender as Professor X and Magneto, respectively? Sign me the hell up.

The Green Lantern - Just when you thought there were no more superheroes left to pilfer from comic books. Martin Campbell is directing, the same man who gave us Casino Royale and Goldeneye, so this could be good.

Cars 2 - Yeah, this'll make a crap ton of money.

Transformers 3 - Okay, still not convinced that an all-powerful, benevolent God is incompatible with the fact that evil exists in this world? Michael Bay brings us Transformers 3.

Harry Potter - How long until Warner Brothers decides to reboot this series and make billions more dollars? I give it three years, tops.

Captain America - Along with Thor and Iron Man, another origin story that's also setting us up for 2012's The Avengers.

Cowboys & Aliens - A ridiculous premise that is intriguing beyond all reason. Daniel Craig as a mysterious gunslinger, Harrison Ford as a crotchety sheriff, and menacing aliens.

The Smurfs - One word: Gargamel.

Conan the Barbarian - Jason Momoa has some pretty big shoes to fill here. It's slated for an August release, which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Spy Kids 4 - Like Cars 2, this'll make some serious coin.

And the one I'm most looking forward to? Super 8. For a lesson in how to make an awesome trailer and perfectly capture a mood, watch this. Directed by JJ Abrams, this one's supposed to be a throwback to early Spielberg, who is involved himself. If this is anywhere near as good as Close Encounters of the Third Kind, it'll be awesome.
Posted by Brian O'Rourke at 7:07 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:10 pm

http://flixchatter.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/flixchatters-most-anticipated-2011-movies-part-i/

FlixChatter’s Most Anticipated 2011 Movies – Part I

March 15, 2011 by rtm

This post has been in my draft folder for a while… originally I wanted to post right after award season is over. Now Oscar is already behind us for nearly a month (boy, I kinda forgot about it already), so I better not procrastinate any longer.

This post will be divided into two parts, Part I is from March – July and Part II consist of movies released in the later half of 2011. I only list those that I’d most likely be seeing in the cinema, based on the release date information from Movie Insider as of last night. As dates get shuffled and more movies are added, I will update this list accordingly. Anyway, here they are in order of release:
MARCH

March 11 (limited) - Jane Eyre
Synopsis: The Gothic story of a lowly governess who captures the heart of her employer Mr. Rochester, only to discover that he’s hiding a terrible secret.

I’ve blogged enough about this topic that I don’t think I need to explain further why this is on the list. Check out the trailer and stills from the movie. I can’t wait to finally see this in two weeks and find out how Michael Fassbender fares as Rochester compared to my all-time favorite.

JUNE

June 3 – X-Men: First Class
Synopsis: Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together with other Mutants, to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift happens that propels the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

This one is probably in my top five anticipated movie of the whole year. If you still don’t know anything about this movie, check out the trailer and the gorgeous character posters. I think Matthew Vaughn has picked a wonderful cast for the main characters, especially James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender as Charles and Eric respectively. The dynamic relationship between these two are what I’m looking forward to the most.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:03 pm

http://lukecurtis.blogspot.com/2011/03/25-most-anticipated-movies-of-2011-part.html

Thursday, March 17, 2011
25 most anticipated movies of 2011, part 1
2011 is well under way, and now that I've already stopped by the theater a couple times - in the form of The Adjustment Bureau and Rango - I thought it was high time I took a gander at the potential best of what 2011 has yet to offer. So without further adieu, my cornered-down list of my 25 most-anticipated movies of the impending year.

#21 - Jane Eyre (dir. Cary Fukunaga)
Yes, yes - I know this one has already been released in theaters just last week. But I haven't yet seen it, so technically it qualifies. The reviews so far have been mostly positive, so my high hopes for this Bronte adaptation might not be in vain. After an auspicious beginning in her breakout year of 2010 (heading up one of the biggest box office hits of the year and managing a stellar performance amongst such talents as Annette Bening and Julianne Moore), Mia Wasikowska is reportedly excellent as the plain and tragic title character. And as Michael Fassbender's star keeps rising, this duo could potentially bring a truly unique spin to an over-adapted novel. I doubt it'll have much awards potential due to its early release, but I definitely consider it one of the potentially best movies of the year straight out of the gate. (In theaters)

The next five to come very soon!
Posted by Luke at 1:14 PM
Labels: Best of 2011
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:10 pm

http://oneglassbottlecokeplease.blogspot.com/2011/03/predix-2011s-top-ten-best-movies.html

Thursday, March 17, 2011
Predix: 2011's Top Ten Best Movies

It may only be March, but it’s not too soon to speculate what might be the top movies leading up to Oscars 2012.

The past couple of years have been a bit lackluster in terms of quality films, especially with the weak economy forcing major studios to take fewer risks and invest heavily in surefire summer blockbusters --the upside being that independent studios have filled the void, allowing movies like “The King’s Speech,” “The Hurt Locker,” and “Slumdog Millionaire” the opportunity to flourish.

2011 will surely help revive the film industry, as the major studios put forward serious contenders for next year’s Oscars, while the independents continue to churn out critically acclaimed flicks. Big name directors like Spielberg, Scorsese, Polanski and Eastwood all have movies in the works, along with cult favorites like Jason Reitman and David Cronenberg.

Below is a list of what I believe will end up being some of the year’s top movies.

6. A Dangerous Method
In his first film since his increasingly popular violent films, “Eastern Promises” and “A History of Violence,” David Cronenberg’s “A Dangerous Method” examines the intense relationship between Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung, and how it gave birth to psychoanalysis. Viggo Mortensen, who has collaborated with Cronenberg twice before, will portray Sigmund Freud. Playing Carl Jung will be Michael Fassbender, who has a total of three movies out this year. Keira Knightley rounds out the cast as Sabina Spielrein, the troubled young woman who comes between the two men. There has been speculation that Knightley has been losing out on roles to fellow Brit Carey Mulligan, but “A Dangerous Method” may be the film that helps her transition from the young beautiful ingénue into a serious adult actress. There is no set release date yet, but filming finished in August 2010.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:43 pm

http://blog.melanism.com/2011/04/29/movies-im-looking-forward-to-this-summer-2011/

Movies I’m Looking Forward To This Summer 2011
April 29, 2011

Instead of doing my usual list of movies I’m interested in seeing knowing I’ll probably only see a third of that list, I’m just going to focus on the 10 movies I’m going to make the most effort to try and see.

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (7/15): How could this not be #1 on my list? I can’t believe it’s finally going to be over. The latest trailer looks amazing (but then again, all of the Harry Potter trailers have succeeded in increasing my anticipation). I wonder if I would have enjoyed the movie series as a whole more if I had stuck to my initial plea to not read the books until after the movies had finished (Thanks again, Erika).
2. Super 8 (6/10): The trailer has a strong E.T. vibe to it (Steven Spielberg is the executive producer). The second I heard Kyle Chandler’s (Coach Eric Taylor from Friday Night Lights) voice, I got excited. I really hope this is the beginning of Chandler becoming a huge movie star (or at least Jon Hamm-level industry respect).
3. Captain America: The First Avenger (7/22): I had concerns about Chris Evans playing Steve Rogers and the fact that he has very little dialogue in the trailers hasn’t completely alleviated it. I generally like Evans’ work. When he was cast as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch in the Fantastic Four movies, I thought it was perfect casting because of his easygoing personality but Rogers is a more serious character. It will be interesting to see if he dials it back or if we’re going to have a more “fun” Captain America. I’m praying for the former.
4. X-Men: First Class (6/3): When I first heard about this movie, I had absolutely no desire to see this. After the last two X-Men movies (X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine), I was pretty much done with the franchise (at least from a movie theater experience). Then I saw the trailer. It didn’t blow me away or anything but the movie looked a lot more competent than expected. Suddenly I stopped ignoring all the news surrounding the movie. I realized there were actors who’s work I generally enjoyed (James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult) and I am a fan of director Michael Vaughn’s work.
5. Thor (May 6): Knowing everything that is attached to the character of Thor, I imagine this will be the most difficult Marvel movie conceptually for the average moviegoer. You have to explain the idea of Asgard, the gods, the Rainbow Bridge and still make it entertaining. If it wasn’t directed by Kenneth Branagh, I’d have less faith that they could pull this off. I wouldn’t be surprised if this bombed but I really hope it doesn’t.
6. Kung Fu Panda 2 (5/27): The first Kung Fu Panda was a huge surprise to me. I might have been experiencing Jack Black Fatigue at the time. I didn’t see it in the theaters but ended up catching it on cable and liking it a lot. Then I watched it again. And again. And again. Basically, if I’m flipping through the channels and Kung Fu Panda is on, guess what we’re watching? While I doubt that this sequel can be as good as the original (no matter what the story is, it’s had to re-create the character arc of Bo becoming the Dragon Warrior), I hope it will at least be entertaining.
7. Winnie the Pooh (7/15): Seriously. When I heard that Disney was making a new feature movie with Winnie The Pooh, I was genuinely excited. When I was a kid, I lived for catching the three Winnie The Pooh featurettes (Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree , Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too) on Sunday evenings. I’m looking forward to a nostalgic return to the Hundred Acre Wood.
8. Green Lantern (6/17): I have the same reservations about Ryan Reynolds playing Hal Jordan that I have for Chris Evans playing Steve Rogers. He adds humor to a character that doesn’t require any. A bigger concern for me is the CGI. Each trailer I see adds to my nervousness. It looks like a comic book movie version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? with Reynolds walking around a green screen surrounded by cartoon Lantern Corps members. I prefer my special effects to be somewhat grounded in reality (if that makes any sense).
9. The Hangover Part II (5/26): In this case, seeing the trailer made me want to see this movie less. I hate “How can the same thing happen to us again?” sequels and “Wow. How did this person from the first movie randomly show up in the sequel?” sequels. The stock dropped the second I saw Ken Jeoong in the trailer (nothing against him).
10. Cars 2 (6/24): The first Cars movie may have been my least favorite Pixar film but I see every Pixar film in the theaters so why would I break the streak. Plus, there’s going to be a Toy Story short in front of it!

Other movies I might check out but will likely catch vis the Internet: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (8/5), Another Earth (7/22), The Tree of Life (5/27), Bridesmaids (May 13), Our Idiot Brother (8/26), Cowboys & Aliens (7/29)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:55 pm

http://parklabreanewsbeverlypress.com/news/2011/04/plenty-of-blockbusters-on-the-way-in-time-for-summer/

Plenty Of Blockbusters On The Way in Time For Summer

By Tim Posada, 4/27/2011

The superheroes are back. So is the Wolfpack. And let’s not forget Harry’s last chance to wave that wand. It’s another big summer, so get ready for the great indoors with your 40-foot friends and their other-worldly adventures.

Chris Evans stars as super soldier Steve Rogers, known to the world as Captain America. The film opens in theaters July 22 and also stars Hugo Weaving as arch-nemesis The Red Skull. (photo courtesy of Paramount Pictures)

Repeating 2008, the summer of superheroes is back. “Thor” (May 6) starts us off with the tale of Asgaard’s God of Thunder who’s banished to earth. With a rock star cast — Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Natalie Portman as Jane Foster and newcomer Christ Hemsworth as Thor — get ready for Shakespearian director, Kenneth Branagh, to spearhead one of Marvel Studio’s biggest budget films.

More than two months later, another Marvel Comics character takes the stage, “Captain America: The First Avenger”. In a unique move, both Thor and Cap are actually connected and set to appear together next year in “The Avengers”, alongside Iron Man and the Hulk. Let’s hope their solo debuts match the excitement of a high profile multi-superhero flick.

The “X-Men” retake the big screen with the franchise’s second origin film, “First Class” (June 3), about Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Eric Lehnsherr’s (Michael Fassbender) school for gifted mutants during a time of civil rights protests and cold war. With a lesser-known cast and a stellar rising director, Matthew Vaughn (“Kick-Ass” and “Stardust”), let’s see if the fifth film will save them from their 50 percent success rate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:44 pm

http://media.www.easternprogress.com/media/storage/paper419/news/2011/04/28/Features/Summer.Movie.Preview-3996078.shtml

Summer movie preview
Crystal Brockman
Issue date: 4/28/11 Section: Features

Summer brings visions of road trips, barbeques and hot sunny afternoons. But, this summer seems to be the season for blockbuster movies hitting the theaters. So, to change up this summer's schedule check out some of these films.

X-Men: First Class
Before they were X-Men, how did Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr/Magneto become friends first and eventually enemies? James McAvoy plays Professor Xavier and Michael Fassbender plays Magneto, beginning the movie by allowing the inside look into their friendship and what brought them together. Other familiar characters in the film are Mystique played by Jennifer Lawrence (born in Louisville) and Beast played by Nicholas Hoult. "X-Men: First Class" premiers June 3.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:31 pm

http://noisypost.com/general/hollywood-summer-blockbusters.html

Saturday, April 30th

Hollywood summer blockbusters
April 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Summer is always the right time when Hollywood releases the best movies of the year. Packed with action, adventure and humour they always have something to offer for the whole family. All movie fanatics eagerly wait for this time to come. This year too will see some top movies battling it out to take the coveted summer blockbuster title.

Here is a a movie bonanza guide (US release dates)

1. Pirates of the Caribbean- On Stranger Tides (May 20)
2. The Hangover 2 (May 27)
3. Kung Fu Panda 2 (May 27)
4. X-MEN : First Class (June 3)
5. Green Lantern (June 17)
6. Cars 2 (June 24)
7. Transformers : Dark of the Moon (July 1)
8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 (July 15)
9. Captain America (July 22)

We will be witnessing a record number of sequels slated to be releasing this year.

Pirates’ fans (including myself) are praying for their 4th sequel to release soon in India. The Jerry Bruckheimer production in collaboration with Disney will release their fourth instalment in 3D. They had roped in Rob Marshall as their new director and made some changes to the cast. The movie will take off from where it left in Pirates of the Caribbean – At the World’s End. It does not have some of the previous cast as new adventures have given way for new actors to be part of the film.

The 2009 superhit comedy movie Hangover has returned to tickle our funny bones again. In the Hangover part 2 the three friends Phil, Stu and Alan travel to Bangkok for Stu’s wedding only to find themselves in misadventures. Again Bradley Cooper has donned the role of Phil with Zach Galifianakis as Alan and Ed Helms as Stu. Packed with adventure and superb comic timing this film promises to be fun.

Dreamwork’s Animation will release the 2nd instalment of Kung Fu Panda. Jack Black returns as the cute panda Po, who has an eye for kung fu. Po will fight an old enemy with a new master (voice of Jean Claude van Damne) and a new force. The cast sees the return of Anjelina Jolie, Jackie Chan, and Seth Rogen setting to make our summers fun. As like the trailer says they have arrived to ‘Wok Us’!

X-Men returns to the big screen with their 5th part as X-Men: First Class. This film is said to be the prequel of the X-Men series. The story starts before Prof. Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr took the name of Prof. X and Magneto respectively. Both happen to be close friends and team up to help other humans’ with superhuman abilities. They get together to stop a raging war but end up igniting one within themselves turning enemies forever. Prof. Charles Xavier is played by Wanted star James McAvoy. Erik Lehnsherr AKA Magneto is played by Inglourious Basterds star Michael Fassbender. All X-Men fans could expect this to be a high action pact movie.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next