Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

X-Men trailer comments

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

X-Men trailer comments - Page 6 Empty Re: X-Men trailer comments

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:51 am

http://thepeoplesmovies.com/2011/02/10/its-arrived-watch-the-first-trailer-for-x-menfirst-class/

Feb
It’s Arrived!! Watch The First Trailer For X-MEN:FIRST-CLASS
By thepeoplesmovies

As promised last night the offical first trailer for X-MEN:FIRST CLASS will be online today and has arrived!!! It tooks time we were alerted in the afternoon (GMT) that the trailer will be with us from around 5 pm and never materialised, but what the facebook page meant 5pm American Time! But its here folks Watch the begin of the most popular superhero group in comic book history the X-MEN been born!

After 3 X-Men Movies and a spin off movie ala Wolverine, the next logical step for the X-MEN as a group was a prequel by delving into the massive vault of history of the Marvel Superheros. Unless you ‘ve been collecting the comicbooks since the start of the run (which would mean you could have a nice little fortune on your hands!) many decades ago you may not know the exact origins of the team so its great actually see how it all started. Of course this movie may not be 100 exactly how the team started but hopefully the movie will give a good indication.

Its great to see a superheromovie based in a different decade with the movie been in the 1960′s which actually gives the movie a bit of class and style with the cold war element too it’ll give the movie a slightly more paranoia feel and of course more edge. Michael Fassbender just looks perfect for the role glad he chose this franchise over Spiderman but Im sure if did that one he would have been just as good as he looks in X-Men.

X-MEN FIRST CLASS charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men

Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn directs the movie which stars Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Caleb Landry Jones, Nicholas Hoult, Kevin Bacon, Jennifer Lawrence, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng , Oliver Platt and Ray Wise.

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS will be released on June 2nd
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:52 am

http://www.movie-moron.com/?p=15466

X-Men: First Class – Trailer
10.02.11 # Trailers # 5 Comments

X-Men: First Class - Trailer
After a day of drama on Facebook, the X-Men: First Class trailer has made its debut. In an attempt to harness social media, Fox decided that the trailer would appear on the X-Men Facebook page first, only to then switch the launch time on everyone waiting, making a great number of fans very angry. Thousands of unhappy comments appeared on the page, from kids who were waiting behind at school to see it, to people in the UK who wanted to go to bed. After generating a lot of bad will, the trailer finally went up, and you know what, it’s pretty good -

On course then to be the thoughtful, well-acted movie we’re hoping for. Michael Fassbender as Magneto looks like he’s going to own. I would have liked to have seen more of Kevin Bacon as the villain, but then there’s another, longer trailer to come.

Directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass), the fifth X-Men movie in 11 years focuses on the relationship between Professor X (James McAvoy) and Magneto, and on the origin of their groups – the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants. As you can see, it’s set during the swinging 60s. The cast also includes January Jones, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence and Lucas Till.

X-Men: First Class will be released on June 3, perhaps a few hours late. Fox envisions this film as the first in a new trilogy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:55 am

http://schofizzymoviereview.blogspot.com/2011/02/trailer-x-men-first-class.html

Thursday, February 10, 2011
Trailer: X-Men First Class

We've been waiting to see our first glimpse of the prequel X-Men film in motion and today that wait has ended. Released through Facebook we know have a our first trailer for "X-Men: First Class." Take a look below...
Very pleased is my initial reaction to this first trailer. I've been on the fence about how good this prequel will be, but this trailer definitely builds my excitement. First off, from what is shown, the film feels very authentic and real. There is no glitter to this latest installment of the X-Men. Secondly, the look is stunning. I love a period piece and seeing mutants back in the late 50's early 60's really tickles my inner fanboy. Thirdly, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender not only look great, but just seem like the right guys to be playing earlier versions of Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr. As for the rest of the mutants, I can't really judge. We get some solid teases, but that is all they are. A 2 second shot of Jennifer Lawrence as Mistique or the back of some nude mutant with wings who appears to be showing Charles and Erik her goods don't really get me pumped. Fourth, the film looks to be heavily centered around Magento and his inner anger. Perhaps Fox finally decided to skip the Magneto prequel and just include the best bits here in 'First Class.' Finally, I'm sold. This movie looks to be awesome. Will it remains to be seen, but for now I'm ready to forget 'The Last Stand' and prepare myself for the beginning.

"X-Men: The Last Stand" hits theaters June 3rd and we can expect further advertising as develop as we move closer to the official release date.

Source: Facebook

Posted by Schofizzy at 3:39 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:06 am

http://www.i-flicks.net/blog/1-latest-news/2261-x-men-first-class-trailer-now-online

X-Men: First Class Trailer Now Online!
Written by Ivan Radford
Thursday, 10 February 2011 22:52

"BEFORE HE WAS PROFESSOR X... HE WAS CHARLES."

He was also Mr Tumnus. And Professor X was still called Charles, you know.

But hey, this is actually pretty good stuff if you can get pass the generic this-is-an-exciting-trailer music. You're basically looking at 110 seconds of bright yellow clad James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Kevin Bacon. There's not much to dislike, especially with Kennedy's speech on the telly in the background. Now we just need an X-Men film set alongside Watergate. Sorted.

And Friday 2nd June. In case you're wondering.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:11 am

http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/02/10/x-men-first-class-trailer-displays-the-cuban-mutant-crisis

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS Trailer Displays The Cuban Mutant Crisis
By Devin Faraci | February 10, 2011

The making of X-Men: First Class hasn’t been an easy one (and it’s still going on, with shooting continuing here in Los Angeles), but that doesn’t mean the movie won’t work. There’s been little to look at and judge… until now. The trailer for the film has gone live on Facebook, and it looks… pretty damn good.

There’s a small scale nature to the footage that I like. Despite the fact that the X-Men are getting involved in the Cuban Missile Crisis – aka the closest we’ve come to a nuclear apocalypse – the trailer emphasizes the personal nature of the story. That could be because the big FX shots aren’t done or it could be because that’s the angle Matthew Vaughn is taking.

Either way, what’s on display here looks good. The FX works, the character designs work, I like the costumes and the period details seem reasonable and not heavy-handed. Of course it’s about two minutes long (some of which is footage from the previous films!), but so far so good. I will maintain a positive, excited outlook about X-Men: First Class!

Some interesting nerd stuff: We see Hank McCoy becoming Beast. It looks like they’ve made Havok’s power signature look like Cyclops’ eye blasts. The Angel in this is definitely the one from Grant Morrison’s New X-Men run.

YouTube link collected from various sources on Twitter.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:21 am

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/x-men-first-class-trailer-promises-style-to-spare-and-somber-thrills

'X-Men: First Class' trailer promises style to spare and somber thrills
By Drew McWeeny - Did mutants stop the Cuban Missle Crisis?

Thursday, Feb 10, 2011 6:15 PM

'X-Men: First Class' trailer promises style to spare and somber thrills

What in the name of Twin Peaks are Magneto and Xavier doing together in this image from the 'X-Men: First Class' trailer?
Credit: 20th Century Fox

My first reaction to the first footage we've seen from "X-Men: First Class" is that it feels like they're definitely playing in the same universe that was established in the Bryan Singer films, something that couldn't be said of "Wolverine." My second reaction is that Matthew Vaughn is trying to make something fairly somber and moody and sleek, and the trailer aims for the quiet wow in a way I admire.

Does that mean the film works? That's impossible to say at this point. Certainly there have been any number of reports and rumors about the film that suggest it's been a difficult shoot, but even that doesn't mean anything about the final quality of the film. Right now, the only thing I can judge is the trailer itself, and there's a lot about it that I like.

For one thing, I think it's a very interesting move to tie the X-Men into the Cuban Missile Crisis, and there's something amazing about seeing Magneto suited up in the '60s-era yellow-and-blue costume, right there alongside the heroes, trying to save the world.

I also like the decadence that is suggested in some of the images in the trailer, including the image I've used to illustrate this story. What the heck are Charles and Erik doing in the brothel from "Twin Peaks," and why are they sharing a bed while looking at a mutant as she spreads her wings? Since we know Kevin Bacon is Sebastian Shaw in the film and January Jones is Emma Frost, could this be a visit to the Hellfire Club, and if so, just how kinky is Vaughn going to get in a PG-13 movie?

We get a lot of shots of new mutants, as well as some new faces playing some characters we've seen before including Nicholas Hoult as The Beast and Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. I think there's something elegant and beautiful about the way the effects work brings the various mutant powers to life, and Vaughn's a guy who has always seemed very reluctant to indulge CGI. I'm curious to see how he handles this world, and these first few glimpses of mutants in motion suggest a sense of style that I find very encouraging.

We still don't know much about the film, but as a first look, I'd say this is a successful kick-off to a campaign, and I want to hear what you think. Check it out:

"X-Men: First Class" will be in theaters on June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:23 am

http://www.infamouskidd.com/x-men-first-class-delivers-a-first-class-first-trailer/

X-Men: First Class Delivers A First Class First Trailer
February 10, 2011 | by The Infamous Billy The Kidd |

x men first class teaser poster 207x300 X Men: First Class Delivers A First Class First TrailerOne glaring omission from all of the movie-related TV spots that hit the air during the Super Bowl was any early look at Fox’s big summer superhero prequel X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. It seemed like a no-brainer for Matthew Vaughn’s take on the mutants would have taken the opportunity to gain some exposure on what is typically the biggest advertising stage of the year to get some traction for itself moving into a ridiculously crowded summer slate, where a blockbuster is hitting theatres nearly every week.

20th Century Fox had an entirely different strategy though, premiering the first FIRST CLASS trailer on Facebook, forcing those who were curious or interested to catch that first look to “like” their page in order to see it immediately. 1,804,587 people and counting complied… but that’s nowhere near the 162.9 million viewers who watched all or part of Super Bowl XLV. Fox might want to rethink spending the $3 million it would have cost to hit that sizable audience in the future, when the other alternative is spending nothing to reach out to only a fraction of that… especially when your trailer is damn good.

The Kidd is absolutely digging the feel of this X-MEN: FIRST CLASS trailer, as the tone feels to be embracing the fact that it is more of an origin story than a prequel. I love how they have incorporated the footage of Professor X and Magneto, without using Patrick Stewart or Sir Ian McKellan to distract from James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender or creating any unfair comparisons between X-Men. I love the transformation sequence with Mystique, something I was worried about when I saw Jennifer Lawrence in that badly Photoshopped cast photo. I love Magneto starting to use his powers. I love the backshot of him in full gear with the helmet. And the Kennedy speech is just the icing on the cake to set the time period.

For a movie that really went into damage control quickly as a result of a bad image launch, X-MEN: FIRST CLASS has recovered nicely, with a first class trailer that has me excited to see this movie in June. And that’s something I couldn’t say when I caught my first glipses of X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE, so FIRST CLASS is one step ahead of the game.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:29 am

http://golabstudios.com/2011/02/behold-the-first-x-men-first-class-trailer/

10Feb
Behold, the first X-Men: First Class trailer!
Posted by DigitalTrends.Com Published in DigitalTrends.Com

Marvel Studios has released the first full trailer for director Matthew Vaughn’s upcoming film, X-Men: First Class.

It is easy to forget with all the hype being focused on The Avengers and the various Avengers-connected films, that Marvel has two other major releases due soon–next year’s Spider-Man reboot, and this summer’s X-Men: First Class, which today released its first trailer.

Directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass, Stardust), X-Men: First Class takes place during the early 60s, when Kennedy was President, civil rights issues were headline news and smoking was cool. Before the events that forever turned Charles Xavier and Magneto into enemies, the pair were friends and colleagues, and worked together for the betterment of all mutants. But things quickly changed, and the two began to split due to their ideology. But not before they helped train the first class of the X-Men.

X-Men: First Class is a prequel that is meant to fit into the existing continuity of the X-Men films. Xavier and Magneto are the stars this time around, with Patrick Stewart being replaced by James McAvoy (Wanted, Atonement), and Ian McKellan having been replaced by Michael Fassbender (Jonah Hex, Inglorious Basterds).

The film also stars Kevin Bacon, January Jones, Rose Byrne and Nicholas Hoult. It will be released in theaters on June 3.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:30 am

http://twilightseriestheories.com/2011/02/10/x-men-first-class-trailer-featuring-edi-gathegi/

“X-Men: First Class” Trailer Featuring Edi Gathegi
Feb 10th, 2011 | By Stefanie

The X-Men: First Class fan page has just released the first official trailer for the film and Twilight’s own Edi Gathegi is in it. He plays Armando Muñoz/Darwin who’s abilities are listed on the Marvel database as being:

Instantaneous Adaptation: powers of self-protection and continuous circumstantial evolution. Darwin is able to adapt to any situation. His reactive mutation adjusts his capabilities to his environment. For example, his eyes would adapt to seeing in darkness, his lungs would adapt to poisoned air. He would become impervious to heat or smoke in a fire and he would grow gills when put underwater.

And my favorite is the information about his strength: “He’s as strong as he needs to be.” Hah!

Who else is excited for this movie?! I’m a big fan of superhero movies and if the movie’s got Mr. Rochester (Michael Fassbender), Mr. Tumnus/Tom Lefroy/Max (James McAvoy) on top of that…well, then I’m there! Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:35 am

http://www.cinemaspy.com/Movie-News/X-Men-First-Class-Trailer-Recalls-Cuban-Missile-Crisis/5016

'X-Men: First Class' Trailer Recalls Cuban Missile Crisis
1960s era film promises much…but will it deliver?
By Robert Falconer | Thursday, February 10, 2011

20th Century Fox have released the X-Men: First Class trailer on the film's official Facebook page. You can head on over there to check it out, or use the embedded player below.

X-Men: First Class charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to prevent nuclear Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X's X-Men.

The trailer sets a backdrop of the early 1960s, and the Cuban Missile Crisis, and features some truly innovative VFX shots illustrating this period (see screen shot below). From what we're seeing here, if the story can deliver on the excitement of the trailer — no guarantee, we realize — this could be one of the best entries in the film franchise. Certainly we have plenty of faith in director Matthew Vaughn, whose resume speaks for itself.

The film stars James McAvoy as Charles Xavier (aka Professor X) and Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr (aka Magento), along with Rose Byrne, January Jones, Kevin Bacon, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Caleb Landry Jones, Lucas Till, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Zoe Kravitz and Bill Bilner.

X-Men: First Class arrives in theaters on June 3.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:40 am

http://www.movieline.com/2011/02/not-the-victory-of-might-but-the-vindication-of-right-x-men-first-class-trailer-launches.php

|| by Christopher Rosen || 02 10 2011 6:00 PM
Not the Victory of Might, but the Vindication of Right: X-Men: First Class Trailer Launches

Leader image for Not the Victory of Might, but the Vindication of Right: X-Men: First Class Trailer Launches

“The cost of freedom is always high. No one can foresee precisely what course it will take. One path we shall never choose — and that is the path of surrender.” So says John F. Kennedy about the Cuban Missile Crisis in the trailer for X-Men: First Class, Matthew Vaughn’s ’60s-set origin story of Professor X and Magneto. Wait, one second. What’s JFK doing here?

Oh, right: Lending an air of gravitas. What other way to separate X-Men: First Class from X3: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, two of the worst comic book films to come along in the last five years. Take your “ I’m the Juggernaut, bitch” and shove it; this film has an “Ich bin ein Berliner” pedigree with which to impress you!

Truthfully though, Vaughn doesn’t need JFK or any other political figure to make X-Men: First Class look impressive. That’s taken care of thanks to James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender (as Professor X and Magneto — Charles and Erik — respectively), two actors who seem ideally suited for their mutant roles. Elsewhere, the trailer is filled with a variety of money shots — Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique! Nicholas Hoult as Beast! January Jones as Emma Frost! Kevin Bacon! — and explosions, which is enough to keep things interesting until the full trailer comes out in the coming months. First Class is due in theaters on June 3.

VERDICT: Hail to the Chief.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:46 am

http://www.experience-it-all.com/?p=10523

Trailer: ‘X-Men: First Class’
Posted in Movies,Video by Scott Meisner on February 12th, 2011

This trailer is so impressively epic I’m just going to let it speak for itself. Watch it many times.

X-Men: First Class stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Kevin Bacon, January Jones, and Rose Byrne. Directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass). Opens June 3, 2011.

Synopsis: X-Men: First Class charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to prevent nuclear Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:57 am

http://hollywoodglitzandglamour.blogspot.com/2011/02/first-trailer-for-x-men-first-class.html

Saturday, February 12, 2011
First Trailer For X-Men: First Class Finally Arrives Online
For as little we’ve seen of Thorand Captain America: The First Avenger, neither compares toX-Men: First Class. Set to be released on June 3, we’ve been limited thus far to a couple of screenshots and a teaser poster. That changes today.

As first announced yesterday, Fox has launched the first trailer for the Matthew Vaughn superhero film on their official Facebook page. Set decades before Bryan Singer’s first X-Men movie, X-Men: First Class tells the story of the bond between Professor Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Erik Lensherr (Michael Fassbender) before they became Professor X and Magneto.

Check out the trailer below.

For a long day of waiting, that was not too shabby a payoff. I like how the pacing builds and shows off the characters before getting into the action and more fast-paced stuff. The biggest issue, is context. While you can make an argument that this is a teaser, those who haven't been keeping up on news about the film will have no idea who these new players are. The money shot with Magneto lifting the submarine, however, is pretty damn cool. Tell us what you think in the comments section.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:58 am

http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/x-men-first-class-review-and-release-date/

X-Men First Class: Review and Release Date

Posted on 12 February 2011 by pinoytutorial

If you are interested in knowing what movies will be released in the coming months, then here is an upcoming superhero film that you should look forward to. It’s the 20th Century Fox movie entitled X-Men: First Class that will be released on June 3, 2011 and apparently the first teaser video of this film was shown last February 10 already. This film is actually the fifth installment from the X-Men film series and a prequel to the first three movies. This film was directed by Matthew Vaughn and is based on the characters appearing in the very popular Marvel Comics.

x men first class teaser X Men First Class: Review and Release Date

This upcoming film will be set in the 1960s and will revolve around the story involving the relationship of Professor X and Magneto, the origin of X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants. James Mc Avoy will play the role of Professor X and Michael Fassbender will be playing the role of Magneto. Other actors in the movie includes Kevin Bacon, who will play the character of Sebastian Shaw, the main villain in the movie, January Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, Rose Byrne, and Lucas Till. Most of the scenes in this movie was shot in England and some parts of the United States.

The 1960s setting of this film will be technologically inspired by the James Bond Film during that era while adding some enhancements to the international feel of the characters. Basically, the X-Men costumes will be similar to that of the costumes featured in the original comic book series. To give you an idea of what it looks like, a new photo of Magneto in costume was also released lately together with the film’s official logo on the movie’s Facebook page just recently.

Article 610 pic 2 X Men First Class: Review and Release Date

The story of this upcoming movie will unveil the epic beginning of the X-Men Saga and will also reveal the secret history of some famous global events. And to give you a better idea of what you can actually expect from the film, you can watch the recently released trailer of this movie. The story of this movie is actually based on the story written by Bryan Singer and 20th Century Fox envisions this film as the first film of a new trilogy. This is even regarded as a movie with a darker and more mature content as compared with the Harry Potter series.

X-Men: First Class will be in theaters on June 3, 2011. Meanwhile, you can watch the official trailer below:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:04 am

http://listofnow.com/filmtv/first-impressions-on-the-x-men-first-class-trailer/

first impressions on the “X-Men: First Class” Trailer

Feb 12th, 2011 by bonnie

So far, I love:

- The casting of the guys in this. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender are going to the knock this out of the park and we all know it. Even if the screenplay is weak and all else fails, I could watch those two as X and Magneto all day. Of course I do remember saying something similar about Hugh Jackman and we all know how Wolverine turned out. So… I hope I’m not being too optimistic, but their scenes together do look rather awesome already, don’t they?

- The glimpses of Nicholas Hoult, who I’m just really excited to see getting some work. (For those of you who didn’t obsess over the real UK Skins, he acted the f&#! outta that show in the first two series.)

- The awesome horn-rimmed glasses on Nicholas Hoult.

- Matthew Vaughn. I’m a fan. I rather enjoyed Kick-Ass and felt he made a lot of good choices. This bodes well for this movie. I’m pleased this is his follow-up.

Mixed Feelings On:

- A Bryan Singer and Josh Schwartz screenplay. I’m trying to remember that Singer did do the first two X-Men films which I really, really enjoyed. I’m trying to forget that Superman disaster that earned him a trip to the corner (I send people to the corner… as in “BRYAN SINGER… you go sit in the corner and think about what you’ve done”.) For that matter, his abandoning of the third X-Men movie in order to make the Superman disaster… we can indirectly thank him for that too. (In the corner! Next to M. Night, who LIVES in the corner.) And Josh Schwartz, I love for two reasons: 1. He’s from Rhode Island. 2. He gave the world Seth Cohen, one of the best soap opera teen drama characters in the history of the world. Neither of these things necessarily qualify him to write an X-Men movie. I am reserving judgment until I see the movie.

- The release date. Last year we had the “SUMMER MOVIE SEASON” that never came. It was like a year without christmas. It was so sad. Even though the Thor release is supposed to signal the beginning of the season (May 6th), I personally don’t count anything before Memorial Day. So if this rocks, it kick it off right and restore my hope. If it doesn’t, and the next “big summer movie” is the July release of another f#%@#&! Michael Bay francheese flick, I’m going to cry.

- The female casting + potential lack of characterization.. I know that this is really a movie about Professor X and Magneto and everyone else is really a secondary character. However, I don’t really know how I feel about January Jones as Emma Frost. On the surface this seems like a good idea, but I guess it depends how deep they go with the role and how she’s able to carry it. I’ve been told that Jennifer Lawrence is outstanding in Winter’s Bone (I have yet to see it), so I have no problem with her being cast as Mystique. We’ve already seen a lot of Mystique tricks in the other X-Men films though, so are they going to do anything new or interesting with her? Again, not judging, just concerned.

That’s about all I got for this little trailer. Leave your thoughts in the comments!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:16 am

http://rongy-rong.blogspot.com/2011/02/x-men-first-class-official-trailer.html

X-Men: First Class Official Trailer
at 11:47 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Two trailers in a single week from two very awesome films? This is certainly an omen foretelling a bright future.

Just so you know, X-Men: First Class is set in the same continuity of the X-Men movie franchise. This is a prequel obviously. Personally looking forward to Michael Fassbender's performance as Erik Lensherr aka Magneto. He was fantastic in Inglourious Basterds. Bless him for that!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:18 am

http://www.infoauxano.com/entertainment/x-men-first-class-official-trailer/

Written on February 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm by prakash
X-Men: First Class [Official Trailer]

X-Men is my all time favorite movie especially the X-Men origins: wolverine. The Marvel team has given its next milestone from the X-Men team “X-Men: First Class”. The official two minutes trailer of the new X-Men: First Class movie hits the you tube. X-Men First Class is the fifth movie of the X-Men series.The trailer itself demonstrates the extra ordinary action of the movie.

Bryan Singer produced the movie and James McCavoy as the young Professor X and Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr who becomes magneto.Kevin Vacon as villain.Principal photography took place in London. X-Men hits theaters by June 3, 2011 so we need to wait to enjoy the action filled X-Men: First Class movie.Share your comments after watching trailer below.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:34 am

http://www.reviewsnook.com/2011/02/x-men-first-class-trailer/

X-Men First Class Trailer
Published by admin under Entertainment February 12, 2011

The trailer to prequel to the X-Men trilogy has been released. I’ve seen the video and it sure looks good. I was able to watch the trilogy so I must say, I’m looking forward to watch X-Men First Class Trailer when it’s released in theaters on June 3, 2011.

The prequel focus on the origin of X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants, featuring Professor X and Magneto. The characters for this movie are James McAvoy as Professor X, Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, Rose Byrne, January Jones, Jennifer Lawrence and Lucas Till.

Will it be a good movie? I hope so!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:43 am

http://staticmass.net/previews/x-men-first-class/

First Look At X-Men: First Class
By Patrick Samuel • Published Feb 11, 2011
First Look At X-Men: First ClassFirst Look At X-Men: First ClassFirst Look At X-Men: First Class

Trailer screen grabs – click images for bigger view

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS (CINEMA)

Release date: June 3rd 2011
Certificate: TBC
Running time: TBC

Director: Matthew Vaughn

Cast: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, January Jones, Oliver Platt, and Kevin Bacon

Official Fanpage

After the first images 3 weeks ago, 20th Century Fox have now released the first trailer (⇓) showing a little of what to expect from X-Men: First Class.

The movie charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events.

In the images we see Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr, who later becomes Magneto. We also get a good look at Professor Charles Xavier played by James McAvoy. The two young mutants are discovering their powers for the first time. They are not yet arch enemies but close friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new) to stop Armageddon.

In the process, a rift between them will open, beginning the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

Rose Bryne plays Moira MacTaggert and is shown in the group photo. In the comics she is featured as a character who helps fund Xavier’s school. We’re not quite sure what she’ll be getting up to in the movie (or who with!).

The villains of the piece are also shown. Kevin Bacon plays Sebastian Shaw, a mutant with the ability to absorb kinetic energy and turn it into raw strength. He is the leader of the Hellfire club, a secret society hell-bent on world domination. He is shown talking to Emma Frost, a powerful telepath, played by January Jones.

I’m curious to see Fassbender as Magneto and what kind of havoc the Hellfire club will be unleashing on the world, but I do wonder if McAvoy will be repeating his performance from Wanted and if Bryne will be too similar to Ellen Page’s turn as Kitty. Still, there’s always January Jones to be excited about!

So, do the images and the trailer for of X-Men: First Class pass the first test?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:54 am

http://flickeringmyth.blogspot.com/2011/02/week-in-spandex-captain-america-thor-x.html

Turning now to what was perhaps the biggest superhero story of the week – the first trailer from Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class, which almost caused an international Facebook incident after Fox teased the release on Wednesday before making fans wait… and wait… and wait… and you get the idea. Anyway, Fox eventually got their act together and delivered a pretty solid first offering, giving us a good look at most of the main players including Xavier (James McAvoy), Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Emma Frost (January Jones), Havoc (Lucas Till), Azazel (Jason Flemying), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Moira MacTaggert (Rose Byrne), Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon), Darwin (Edi Gathegi) and Angel Salvadore (Zoë Kravitz) and throwing some impressive snippets our way (see Magneto raising a Russian sub out of the water and Beast flying around in a Blackbird, for a start).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 pm

http://geeksofdoom.com/2011/02/12/analyzing-the-x-men-first-class-trailer/

Analyzing The ‘X-Men: First Class’ Trailer

Henchman21 Posted by Henchman21 | February 12th, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Thursday gave us our first look at the trailer for X-Men: First Class, the next in the popular series of X-Men movies. The new movie, directed by Matthew Vaughn (Stardust, Kick-Ass), places the adventures in the early days of the team, giving us a look at a still-walking Charles Xavier (James McAvoy), a not yet completely evil Magneto (Michael Fassbender), and the first team of X-Men.

The first interesting thing to me is the trailer’s use of footage from the earlier X-Men films while setting the film firmly during the 1960s and the Cuban Missile Crisis. I can’t decide if they want the new film to stand on its own, or if they want to make this part of the earlier series. I can see how they could fit a young Beast into the movie, with the older version that appears in X3, but I am curious if they will try to match Emma Frost’s (January Jones) appearance in this film with the character’s appearance in Wolverine: Origins, or if they will just ignore it. As for setting the story during the Cuban Missile Crisis, I kind of wish they had set it a few years later and tied it into the first Apollo launch, as a nod to the original X-Men #1.

The biggest moment for hardcore X-Men fans has to be shot of Magneto pulling the submarine out of the water, and image almost taken directly from the pages of Uncanny X-Men #149-150. You can see by the flag on it that it’s a Russian sub, and if they are a real stickler for details, the name of the sub will be the Leningrad.

X-Men: First Class

The other big moment to look for in the trailer is the bit with the Beast making his transformation from mostly normal human to Mrs. McCoy’s bouncing blue baby beast.

The other thing that got me excited: the original Blackbird!

There may be a few characters in the trailer that you don’t recognize, and I can identify a couple for you. The black guy in the car is Darwin (Edi Gathegi), a mutant with the ability to evolve to survive any danger that is thrown is way (e.g., if he’s getting shot, he’ll instantly develop hardened skin; if he’s on fire, he’ll gain some kind of asbestos skin). He was introduced just a few years ago in the pages of the X-Men: Deadly Genesis as one of a team of mutants Charles Xavier recruited to replace the original X-Men.

Another new face would be the girl with the fairy wings. She would be Angel Salvadore (Zoe Kravitz), the second character to carry the Angel moniker. She was introduced in Grant Morrison’s New X-Men run, as one of a group of mutants in a special class. It looks like they may have combined her character with that of Stacy X, a mutant prostitute introduced around the same time as Angel. I can’t remember if they announced that Stacy X would be appearing in X-men: First Class as a separate character or not, I’ve lost track of all the characters appearing in this one.

We also get our first look at Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, the Black King of the Hellfire Club. He’s not sporting his traditional look of mutton chop sideburns, ponytail, and lacey cravat. You can see him walking in with Emma Frost, which seems to me that the Hellfire Club will be a big part of the plot. Whether they show Emma Frost as a villain as she originally was or if she will be more of the “hero” that she is in the comics today is yet to be seen.

The red teleporting guy is named Azazel (Jason Flemyng) and he is not actually a mutant, but is instead a demon, at least in the comics. He appeared in a story written by Chuck Austen in which he was revealed to be Nightcrawler’s father, which would explain why this character is doing all the teleporting. You may not know, but Nightcrawler’s mother is Mystique, and she will also be appearing in this film. The scene from the trailer with Mystique in bed may very well be Nightcrawler’s conception.

Speaking of Mystique, it looks like they have made her a part of the original X-Men. That’s them all standing or sitting around while President Kennedy speaks. If you’re wondering who everyone is, on the couch is Xavier and Moira MacTaggert, L-R (image below) standing are Magneto and then it’s Cyclops’ brother Havok, Mystique, Beast, and Banshee.

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t really looking forward to this movie too much, but this trailer has me optimistically excited. I’m interested to see McAvoy and Fassbender as Professor X and Magneto, and it looks like it may be shaping up into a decent movie. Look at it this way: it can’t be worse than X3 (unless it is, which is a scary possibility).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:15 pm

http://lacinemapage.blogspot.com/2011/02/x-men-first-class-trailer.html

X-Men First Class trailer!

I really liked the first one and was pleasantly surprised. The second one was ok; didn't like the third...but this should be interesting! James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) star as the two friends/rivals of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's Magneto and Professor X.
Posted by Anne Vaccari at 12:02 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:16 pm

http://www.thewhisper.net/forum/blog.php/2011/02/12/x-men-first-class/

Calvinball 13:31 on 02.12.2011

X-Men First Class

Who else is intrigued?

No Stewart or McKellan, but Michael Fassbender FTW!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:36 pm

http://donthatethegeek.com/2011/02/12/x-men-first-class-official-trailer-is-released/

Feb
12/11
X-Men: First Class Official Trailer is Released
Last Updated on Saturday, 12 February 2011 05:07
Written by PieceOfSith
Saturday, 12 February 2011 12:00

With Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor to be released this Summer, there is one Marvel film that is silently waiting to be discovered. That film is no other than X-Men: First Class. The film is a prequel from the original mutant films, a different way to keep one of the most popular Marvel film franchises making more money and keeping fans hungry for more. The film introduces fans on the friendship that X-Men comic fans already know of. Professor Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr, were close friends and actually started the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters together.

Of course as we know, something started the break up between them and one went the peaceful route, Professor X, and the other took the route of war on humans, Magneto. The film also will introduce other X-Men characters and how they became on each side of the war with humans. The film is set to be released on June 3, 2011. Read on for more and video…

So we already know that Professor X is played by James McAvoy (Wanted 2008), and Magneto is played by Michael Fassbender(Inglourious Basterds in 2009 and 300 in 2006) but the film also has some other big names as well as big X-Men characters. Some include Beast, Mystique, Havok and Emma Frost, played by January Jones (AMC’s Mad Men). The film also includes “the” Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, a rumored villain but no “alter ego” has been released if any as of yet. Looks like the film will feature the time period that involves the Cold War, when the United States and the Soviet Union were on the brink of a possible nuclear war. This is my guess as to what leads to the team splitting allegiances to either Magneto or Professor X’s X-Men. Read more…

I may have mentioned before on another DHTG post, that I am a big comic book fan, especially Marvel Comics. Since the comic to movie craze began, I have been eagerly awaiting what title Marvel decides to make a film next. When the original X-Men came out in 2000, I will admit that I wasn’t the biggest fan of the film. When X2 was released in 2003, I thought that this franchise would be the one that gives Marvel new comic fans and has the potential of being one of the most popular film franchises of all time. In my opinion now with X-Men: The Last Stand in 2006. the hopes for Marvel took a tremendous hit to their ego and wallets. I am not a big fan of a supposed “comic book inspired” film to just make up everything and leave no traces back to what the X-Men story lines really tell. With X-Men: First Class, Marvel has a chance to win back some of its fans that feel the same way as I do, disappointment. If you have checked the Super Bowl commercial post here at DHTG, it showed trailers to some of the more eagerly anticipated films for this Summer’s movie line-up. This film’s trailer would have grasped me a lot more than any of the trailers that we have already have seen. So with that in mind, here is the official trailer of X-Men: First Class, Enjoy!Feb
12/11
X-Men: First Class Official Trailer is Released
Last Updated on Saturday, 12 February 2011 05:07
Written by PieceOfSith
Saturday, 12 February 2011 12:00

With Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor to be released this Summer, there is one Marvel film that is silently waiting to be discovered. That film is no other than X-Men: First Class. The film is a prequel from the original mutant films, a different way to keep one of the most popular Marvel film franchises making more money and keeping fans hungry for more. The film introduces fans on the friendship that X-Men comic fans already know of. Professor Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr, were close friends and actually started the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters together.

Of course as we know, something started the break up between them and one went the peaceful route, Professor X, and the other took the route of war on humans, Magneto. The film also will introduce other X-Men characters and how they became on each side of the war with humans. The film is set to be released on June 3, 2011. Read on for more and video…

So we already know that Professor X is played by James McAvoy (Wanted 2008), and Magneto is played by Michael Fassbender(Inglourious Basterds in 2009 and 300 in 2006) but the film also has some other big names as well as big X-Men characters. Some include Beast, Mystique, Havok and Emma Frost, played by January Jones (AMC’s Mad Men). The film also includes “the” Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, a rumored villain but no “alter ego” has been released if any as of yet. Looks like the film will feature the time period that involves the Cold War, when the United States and the Soviet Union were on the brink of a possible nuclear war. This is my guess as to what leads to the team splitting allegiances to either Magneto or Professor X’s X-Men. Read more…

I may have mentioned before on another DHTG post, that I am a big comic book fan, especially Marvel Comics. Since the comic to movie craze began, I have been eagerly awaiting what title Marvel decides to make a film next. When the original X-Men came out in 2000, I will admit that I wasn’t the biggest fan of the film. When X2 was released in 2003, I thought that this franchise would be the one that gives Marvel new comic fans and has the potential of being one of the most popular film franchises of all time. In my opinion now with X-Men: The Last Stand in 2006. the hopes for Marvel took a tremendous hit to their ego and wallets. I am not a big fan of a supposed “comic book inspired” film to just make up everything and leave no traces back to what the X-Men story lines really tell. With X-Men: First Class, Marvel has a chance to win back some of its fans that feel the same way as I do, disappointment. If you have checked the Super Bowl commercial post here at DHTG, it showed trailers to some of the more eagerly anticipated films for this Summer’s movie line-up. This film’s trailer would have grasped me a lot more than any of the trailers that we have already have seen. So with that in mind, here is the official trailer of X-Men: First Class, Enjoy!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:42 pm

http://on-screen-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/x-men-first-class-trailer-impressions.html

Saturday, 12 February 2011
X-Men: First Class Trailer Impressions

If it were releasing straight after X-Men 2 (5/5) took superhero films to stunning new heights back in 2003, X-Men: First Class would have quite a legacy riding on it. Instead, after the dismal attempt to close the action-adventure trilogy with X-Men 3 (2/5) and a failed prequel called X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2.5/5), First Class has little to no pressure on it to get things right. That, however, does not give it an excuse to slack off and look more than a little sub-par, and unless my impressions of the two-minute trailer out now are wrong, that's exactly how the reboot is going to end up. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender look nothing like the men they will one day become (Professor X and Magneto, for those not yet in the know about the strangely hushed flick), the bright yellow costumes they seem to don towards the film's climax are going to garner laughs from everyone except the most hardcore fans in the audience, and some of the CGI is bad- cringe worthy at times. An example of harshly reduced animation quality comes with Nicholas Hoult's Beast, looking like some sort of throwback to the TV incarnations of the X-Men in the past (in other words, not great) and nowhere near the great version played by Kelsey Grammer (who managed to light X-Men 3's morbid tone somewhat). The film's casting managers will probably argue that the whole point of First Class is to show mutants both old and new (to the film franchise) like Xavier and Eric Lenshrr discovering their powers, and as such they look/are much younger than the versions we see in the main trilogy, but that doesn't excuse the fact that even the most dedicated of fans will struggle to picture the McAvoy transition to Patrick Stewart's wheelbound teacher, not to mention that the film is taking some serious continuity risks by introducing Nightcrawler's brother Azrael and rendering Havok, who is known in the comics as Cyclops' brother, to an only child (no, Laser-Eye isn't dead, but they are no longer related). Maybe I'm wrong about First Class, and given the X-Men franchise's current condition I hope I am, but I couldn't shake the feeling from the trailer that the movie is trying to be a mixture of historical and action elements and that at some point it's all going to crumble down!

Posted by WhoGuy123 at 09:03
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6