Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Jane Eyre thoughts

3 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jane Eyre thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Jane Eyre thoughts

Post by Admin Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:50 am

http://zikkir.com/lifestyle/22134

Jane Eyre movie trailer

AbeBooks.com | 10 December 2010, 10:52 pm

I feel a Jane Eyre revival is in the air. A new movie version of Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel is being released in the spring of 2011 with Mia Wasikowska, who starred in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, in the main role. Michael Fassbender and Dame Judi Dench are also among the cast.

Of course, Jane Eyre never really went away but we have been overwhelmed by Pride and Prejudice in recent years.

The book was published in 1847 by Brontë writing under the pen name of Currer Bell. To many people, it’s one of the most influential novels ever written.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:29 am

http://www.alicetynan.com/2010/12/trailer-jane-eyre.html

Friday, December 10, 2010
Trailer: Jane Eyre

Bright and early yesterday, I found myself chatting on the phone with Jamie Bell. The interview was ostensibly to discuss The Eagle, but I couldn't resist asking him about Jane Eyre.

For the specifics of our chat, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until 2011 (not long to go now!), but the interview did remind me that I haven't yet raved about the latter film's absolutely gorgeous poster.

The colours, the faces, Mia's stance - this is a poster I would love to frame and have on my wall (and no, not just because I refer to Michael Fassbender as 'my future husband'!).

We've all got a while to wait until the film's release, so there's plenty of time to revisit Charlotte Bronte's marvelous book, and also to catch up on director Cary Fukunaga's stellar feature debut Sin nombre.

Now, here's the official synopsis:

Based on Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel, the romantic drama stars Mia Wasikowska (“Alice in Wonderland”) and Michael Fassbender (“Inglourious Basterds”) in the lead roles. In the story, Jane Eyre flees Thornfield House, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. The isolated and imposing residence – and Mr. Rochester’s coldness – have sorely tested the young woman’s resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. As Jane reflects upon her past and recovers her natural curiosity, she will return to Mr. Rochester – and the terrible secret that he is hiding…

Also starring Dame Judy Dench, Sally Hawkins and Jamie Bell.

And finally for the trailer:

US release date: 11 March 2011
Australian release date: 7 April 2011
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:55 am

http://rvoelkercollegelit.blogspot.com/2010/12/jane-eyre-movies.html

Sunday, December 12, 2010
Jane Eyre Movies
Jane Eyre has long been considered a classic. So much so that it has been made into a movie multiple times. In fact, since the first one in 1910, over ten movies have been produced under the Jane Eyre title (countless more have similar archetypes inspired by Jane Eyre). It is quite surprising to me that this story has been made into a movie so many times. I guess directors think that since it was such a successful book that it would also make a successful movie. Why do you think they keep remaking this movie? You would think that one would realize that after the first few movies that the American public just wasn't going to get into the Jane Eyre story.

The latest release is set to come out in the spring of 2011 and it will star Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender. This up coming movie looks actually promising considering its trailer. (http://www.focusfeatures.com/video/jane_eyre_the_trailer). Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the previous versions of the movie but they just have never been hugely successful. In fact, if I hadn't read the book I would probably have very little interest in the movie. Do you think that people that have never read the book will buy into the Jane Eyre story? I think people are missing out to, by not seeing it. This story, although slow to get going, is full of twists and turns. It has been such a good book for a long time, but a lot of times that just doesn't carry over into the cinema (maybe that is why Salinger never let Catcher become a movie). Lets hope that the public finally gets some sense and latches on to the Jane Eyre bandwagon in 2011.
Posted by Voelker at 7:10 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:49 am

http://randombookishramblings.blogspot.com/2010/12/jane-eyre-2011.html

Sunday, December 12, 2010
Jane Eyre 2011
Jane Eyre is probably my favorite book in the Classics genre. I first read it when I was in high school as a requirement, and though I liked it, the experience was nothing compared to when I read it again for sheer leisure. It was as if I discovered these characters and their love story for the first time. I remember also, watching almost every Jane Eyre movie that there is, just to find one that will cure my Jane Eyre-obsession. I have to say, while they were all very different from each other, I liked all of them as each offered something new to the table.

Now in 2011, there will be a new Jane Eyre movie coming out starring Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds!!) I went to the movies yesterday to watch Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader -- which is a whole other blog post -- and saw the official poster for the Jane Eyre movie. I got excited, nervous, and hopeful all at the same time! What do you think of them doing another remake? Of the actors playing? And if you have watched any other adaptations, which one would you recommend?
Posted by Jillian at 1:00 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

http://randolph4snyder.bravejournal.com/entry/59279/

Tuesday, December 14th 2010
6:38 AM
Appreciate watching Jane Eyre Online

Jane Eyre is a forthcoming romantic movie directed by Cary Fukunaga and leading stars are Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender. It scripted by Moira Buffini based on the 1847 novel Jane Eyre. The film is arranged to release on March 11, 2011.

The cast includes Mia Wasikowska as the main character and Michael Fassbender as Edward Rochester Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins, and Judi Dench. Imogen Poots and Tamzin Merchant

It is a classical story of a young girl, on the job as a home care taker, where she fell in affection with her employer and then an obscure enigma is almost to destroy her altogether. Her character has an elusive time in the starting time of her life, strained to arise up in an orphanage and without having much chance to take ascendance as you see when you watch Jane Eyre online This make her nature rigid and it demonstrates to involve on the challenges afterward Jane Eyre add up to a determination that she would be felicitous if she could work as a governess in a courteous home. You will find when you watch Jane Eyre online. It seems faith has turned for the far better and she gets work. It is in the manor home of a rich individual, whose wife has left him and has two kids to grow. As you see when you watch Jane Eyre online, everything appears perfective and being glad in her employment, the relationship with her employer shortly turns into some thing more than merely professional. This character is played by Michael Fassbender, a gifted actor with German and Irish dialect. The character of Duke of Rochesters is a cryptical man. As we watch Jane Eyre online, we search repeatedly what occult enigma that man is concealing He is nearly frigid in the starting, but seems to weaken up as him and Jane Eyre start to cognize each other better. As we are being touched nearer to the character, digging up tales from his past times, benighted questions embark to come along, as you see when you . Watch Jane Eyre online

We do not be intimate if he is a very good guy who has endured a calamity, or person with an vicious side in his soul. Those who have study the book will not be shocked by the tale of film but will instead, go watch Jane Eyre online to see the implementations, of their dearest traditional. This picture has to establish itself with caliber, as it arrives in a farseeing line of numerous Jane Eyre screen adjustments and absolutely will be followed by many more series.
0 Comment(s).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:44 pm

http://turnonthestars.blogspot.com/2010/12/ive-returned-at-last-after-awfully-long.html

By the way, there's going to be a new Jane Eyre film released this coming March! Mia Wasikowska will be playing Jane and Michael Fassbender will be playing Mr. Rochester. From what I've seen in the trailer the film looks quite promising. I read somewhere that the film will focus on the gothic nature of the novel, which is really exciting for me! I think a good Jane Eyre film is needed. There have been many movies made already, and while some have been true to the story, none have had the ability to appeal to anyone outside of fans of the novel. Jane Eyre is a really beautiful story and I think it deserves recognition in the film world. The Pride and Prejudice made with Keira Knightly is an excellent example of a successfully executed period/classic literature film. I know that most fans of the book still prefer the Colin Firth film, but I know many people who have never read classic literature, and probably never will who thoroughly enjoyed 2005's Pride and Prejudice. This is what I'm hoping will happen with the new Jane Eyre film. Don't misunderstand me, I love it when a film is true to the novel, but I also hate how low-budget and poor quality many of such films often are. Well I suppose that will be all for now Smile

Posted by Camille at 1:31 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:10 pm

http://canvassnyc.blogspot.com/2010/12/get-low-classic.html

Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Get Low & Classic

Maybe it's the onslaught of recently released Oscar hopefuls, but I'm totally in movie mode right now and came across the new trailer for Jane Eyre--which comes out in March. Starring Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds) and Mia Wasikowska (Alice), it looks like a thrillingly awesome updated version of the classic story but, of course, Jane is decidedly plain in dark Victorian dresses and a severely unflattering hairstyle. I get it, it's part of the feel and the era...but is it possible the look is coming back in a more relaxed form? See Jane Eyre let loose via Nina Ricci Spring 2011:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:23 pm

http://ashley-happens.blogspot.com/2010/12/torn.html

Thursday, December 16, 2010
Torn
I'm finding myself torn. As those who know me are aware, I am a nerd when it comes to 19th century British literature. Two of my all-time favorite books are Jane Eyre and Pride & Prejudice. The two men that are branded on my heart muscle are Mr. Rochester and Mr. Darcy.

Here's the rub (had to insert some Shakespeare; you understand), I'm not entirely sure which man is my most favorite dream man. Mr. Darcy is all manners and goodness. True, he starts off a little rough but by the end of it, you realize that he always was the best man and he is all sweetness and love.\

Mr. Darcy played by Colin Firth in miniseries
Mr. Rochester, on the other hand, starts out very rough mannered and changeable. He's gruff and softens to Jane and no one else, really. He plays mind games and manuvears and whatever else. Granted, he is just trying to bring Jane out of her shell, but later we find that he -- unlike Mr. Darcy -- has a deep dark secret. In the end, however, he too, is all sweetness and love.

Mr. Rochester played by Toby Stephens in miniseries
I find Mr. Rochester slightly more realistic than Mr. Darcy. I love them both. I just don't know. Both popular miniseries' showcase swoon-worthy leading men. In 2005, a Pride & Prejudice movie (which I love, although I know others who complain that it doesn't follow the book closely enough) came out and that Darcy was a bit more sensitive but I believe it is because it would be too difficult for him to make such a drastic personality change in two hours when it took six, in the mini series.
Mr. Darcy played by Matthew Macfadyen in 2005 movie
In March, 2011, a new Jane Eyre movie is being released by Focus Features (they made the P&P movie, also). Michael Fassbender is cast as Mr. Rochester and I look forward to seeing his portrayal. I've seen some pretty ghastly portrayals of Rochester; actually, come to think of it, I've seen some really terrible adaptations of Jane Eyre. So, we shall see.

Mr. Rochester played by Michael Fassbender in 2011 movie
So, nothing has been resolved. I am still torn. Hopefully, now you are torn as well. We shall be torn and in love, together. It will be agonizing and perplexing but we shall endure it as stoically as we can.
Posted by Ashley at 5:00 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm

http://ramblingsperdiem.blogspot.com/2010/12/are-you-excited-i-am.html

Jane Eyre

From the moment I was made aware of the production of this film, I delighted on the selection of talented actors/actresses and the director of the riveting film, Sin Nombre, Cary Fukunaga. The trailer alone charges me with anticipation. Although, I'm still at odds with Jane Eyre. The Edward Rochester from the novel was a selfish, manipulative douchebag that removed me from enjoying the story completely but Toby Stephen's Rochester from the BBC adaptation transformed my initial impression of his character. The Bronte sisters have a knack for creating unlikable leading men, for example, Heathcliff was too angsty and cruel and it certainly painted Rochester in a more gracious light. Anyway, I'm in love with Michael Fassbender and am very much looking forward to his portrayal of the "beloved" romantic hero (scoffs). Haha it's a love/hate relationship.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:32 pm

http://hollywood-spy.blogspot.com/2010/12/romantic-monday-jane-eyre-with-michael.html

Monday, December 27, 2010
ROMANTIC MONDAY: "JANE EYRE" WITH MICHAEL FASSBENDER, JUDI DENCH AND JAMIE BELL. "ONE DAY" WITH ANNE HATHAWAY AND JIM STURGESS
Here are two romantic films which are coming to cinemas next year for all of you who like a bit of love magic in your movies.
First there's the new adaptation of JANE EYRE by Charlotte Bronte. With the star studded cast including Michael Fassbender, Judi Dench, Imogen Poots, Jamie Bell, Mia Wasikovska ... the film follows Jane Eyre who flees Thornfield
House, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. As she reflects upon the people and emotions that have defined her, it is clear that the isolated and imposing residence, and Mr. Rochester's coldness, have sorely tested the young woman's resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. She must now act decisively to secure her own future and come to terms with the past that haunts her - and the terrible secret that Mr. Rochester is hiding and that she has uncovered... If you ask me, since Wasikovska lacks charisma, I think Imogen Poots would've been much much better as Jane. I will watch the film for Fassbender and my dear Judi Dench.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:27 am

http://www.onlinemovieshut.com/online-movies/jane-eyre-movie-2011

Jane Eyre Movie (2011)
Posted by michael 30 December, 2010

Jane Eyre movie will be the latest attempt to bring another interesting and impressive theatrical adaptation to the classic piece of literature and upcoming drama will certainly be waited with awe and anticipation. In addition to distinctive touch of dramatic features in it the inclusion of romance is most likely to bring a highly entertaining feature film to excitement and enjoyment of viewers. Taking inspiration from well known and beloved novel Jane Eyre movie surely looks like it is going to be a a fine venture. With a number of commendable features in its store an astonishing and amazing effort this certainly will be.

Jane Eyre movie has been directed by Cary Fukunaga and this sure must have been a different kind of an experience for this talented movie maker whose career in the field is marked by some notable ventures. And as for the forthcoming motion picture it sure looks like he is coming up with a finely realized and well crafted attempt to make the wide screen come alive with this period set drama. Keeping that in mind Jane Eyre movie will be watched out by fans who are willing for a serious kind of a drama for this will be a perfectly ideal joyride for them.

Jane Eyre movie will have another commendable factor which is the cast that boasts of having upcoming actress Mia Wasikowska in titular role opposite talented actor Michael Fassbender. In addition to these well known stars the supporting cast will include Judi Dench and Jamie Bell. Therefore upcoming drama Jane Eyre movie will be a fantastic and unforgettable feature film where audience will be enabled to find themselves transported into very heart of a storyline where viewers will be made to have a rare and refreshing ride to an amazingly realized motion picture.

Jane Eyre movie will bring out the life of protagonist with the titular name. She has a dark and bleak childhood and despite that she become a learned young woman after she is taken into an orphanage. After that she manages to secure a place as a governess for a small girl and when she comes to the place she is greeted by a master in Mr. Rochester who appears as cold bad tempered and distant. As story of Jane Eyre movie unravels it will see the romance that blossoms between Jane and Mr Rochester which becomes threatened by the guarded secret of the latter.

11th of March in 2011 has been set as the release date of Jane Eyre movie so despite having a number of a previous adaptations to this excellent piece of writing upcoming effort will deliver something awe inspiring and engaging for audience. Those who have enjoyed that novel are bound to keep their eyes and ears open for movie so as to find out what will be in store for them. Jane Eyre movie therefore will be a great source of entertainment which will certainly be an enticing and enthralling kind of a joyride which will be simply amazing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:42 pm

http://thesqueee.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-new-year-look-back-on-2010.html

Friday, 31 December 2010
Happy New Year! - A look back on 2010
Tonight, in an hour, the UK will pass from 2010 to 2011. Almost half the world is already there, in fact! I hope 2010 has treated you well, and even if it hasn't, I hope 2011 will be (even) better. Smile Here's a quick re-cap of the year of The Squeee.

The Squeee in 2010 - A year of unabashed fangirling

January opened with the All About the Brontës Challenge, where I set to work straight away, listening to some old radio plays of Jane Eyre, watched the 1996 film adaptation of the same and finished reading Wuthering Heights for the very first time. I also wrote about my visit to Haddon Hall the year before, and had ideas on how you might be able to make sports interesting, because let's face it, it's not exactly all that interesting. I also discovered I was Marianne Dashwood, even though I don't really play the piano.

February announced the first International Magic Day, the blog got itself a makeover, and we were being spoiled rotten by Mr. Armitage narrating even more ads! We took a trip to Blockbusters, resulting in a couple of film reviews, and the Brontë Challenge brought me The Professor - a book half in a language I don't understand very much of at all - and there was also a funny little book about mid-1800s etiquette that was rather amusing.

In March, even though I got a contract job, I still managed to pop to London to watch the latest Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, and it was also in London I discovered that one of (if not THE) my favourite shows on TV had finally made it to DVD. Also found out that someone had written Jane Eyre from Mr. Rochester's perspective, so that book was quickly acquired and devoured. The DH Lawrence Challenge was announced, but not many took notice. Such is life! I read my first book by Anne Brontë, and added some old posts from 2007-2009 on a different blog, that suited this blog better than their previous home did. The biggest event in Richard Armitage fanblog land happened here too: the RA Fanstravaganza, which I hope there will be a repeat of in 2011! Smile Now that there are a few more RA fanblogs out there, it'll be even bigger!

April brought even more Jane Eyre radio adaptations, the blog jumped aboard Brontë-Along, the first picture of Mia Wasikowska as the next Jane Eyre was revealed, and while we were all eagerly awaiting Strike Back, I took a few moments to make a whole post about haircuts, and the potential gorgeousness thereof. Also tried to have a themed Friday, of a news roundup, but kind of got bored.

May brought the eagerly awaited Strike Back to our screens, with more shirtless scenes than we could shake a stick at. The final episode of Lost aired (meh), I discovered a place in Derbyshire that needed visiting, and there was oh so much swooning over a Richard Armitage interview. What a man! There was also an attempt at placing Jane Eyre in the 20th century.

By June, I was working full time, dreamed of Richard Armitage for the first time, commented on the Eurovision Song Contest from the previous month, stated my love for Guy of Gisborne, decided what I was going to do for the upcoming DH Lawrence Challenge, started anew on trying to make a Jane Eyre audiobook, the FIFA World Cup kicked off, and the readership of this blog decided John Thornton beats Fitzwilliam Darcy when it comes to swoonworthiness. This also marked the end of the Brontë Challenge, but I still have a couple of reviews straggling!

July had the International Magic Day at the very end, and opened with the beginning of the DH Lawrence Challenge. When it came to deciding between Sparkles and Fleabag, the readership of this blog decided that neither were good enough. Bravo! The readership's favourite Edward was also revealed in the same post. 69% preferred their Edward as a Fairfax Rochester. Double bravo! Which was just as well, because I suffered through a couple of abysmal Jane Eyre sequels/spin-offs this month. There was a slight template update which caused statistics to turn veeery nice (recently discovered why this was and rectified it - now it's not as good anymore, d'oh).

August was the calm before the storm. I went on Facebook, and celebrated the first birthday of this blog and the 39th birthday of Richard Armitage. Vexed was shown on telly, with lots of glee because it starred Toby Stephens. Dexter also returned to British TV, which was mostly agonising to begin with (and then it settled down a bit). BBC4 turned out it was going to be awesome in the winter, and I watched Richard Armitage as Percy Courtenay in Miss Marie Lloyd. Also got a bunch of DH Lawrence books and posted my first review in the DH Lawrence Challenge. Oh, and made a rather passionate response to another blog's tongue-in-cheek post on why Mr. Rochester is a creep, by making a post on why Mr. Rochester is NOT a creep.

September turned out to be a busy month. To begin with, there was the Chatsworth Country Fair, and a week or so later, English Heritage had open days, so lots of Derbyshire visits in a short space of time. We had time for both a burned-down Thornfield Hall and a near-death experience. Sam Neill celebrated his 63rd birthday, which was duly celebrated on the blog. A survey said older men are hot, but we already knew that. Richard Armitage made a Thai Green Curry on TV and there were a lot of interviews with him everywhere, due to the series 9 premiere of Spooks. The month concluded with the 200th birthday of Elizabeth Gaskell, celebrated by a review of the excellent 2004 adaptation of North & South.

October was calm, even though it was announced that Richard Armitage was to have a major role in the forthcoming adaptation of The Hobbit. Spooks continued, we went to see Armstrong & Miller live, and Jane Eyre in Mormon land was perhaps just about as bizarre as the massive Electra complex her daughter turned out to have.

November was also quiet, but that's what you get when you have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), I suppose. Or perhaps it's also down to being busy with NaNoWriMo. Which didn't last anyway. The poster for Jane Eyre '11 was revealed, as was this year's Heat magazine Weird Crush of the Year. I officially decided I was going to read every spin-off of Jane Eyre I could get my hands on, which included an erotic novella - even the novella's author popped by to say hello! I also bit the bullet and finally read Twilight. Stephanie Meyer didn't pop by. Funny that.

December brought a lot of snow, cold weather, movie and book reviews aplenty, a zombie birthday party, the Winter Solstice, another (much better) dream of Richard Armitage, and the news about when the new Jane Eyre film is going to be released - much later than thought. On the plus side, it came with a decidedly nice picture of Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester, so every cloud has a silver lining. Much like the beginning of the end of Harry Potter.

What will 2011 have in store?

Haven't joined any reading challenges for 2011 and think I'll try not to, and just finish the ones I was doing in 2010. Richard Armitage will be filming The Hobbit, possibly the second series of Strike Back, and Captain America will premiere in the summer, along with the second and final part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In September (groan), Jane Eyre '11 comes out - earlier in some parts of the world. Other than that, we'll take it as it comes. Maybe there will be The Rover, and maybe we'll have a big RA fanblog meetup in London because if it - we shall wait and see. Before that, have tickets to see Punt & Dennis and Micky Flanagan at the Nottingham Playhouse, followed by The Dubliners at the Royal Centre Nottingham. And it's going to be FAN-tastic!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:43 pm

http://bronteblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/2011-in-bronteland.html

Saturday, January 01, 2011
2011 in Brontëland

2011 in Brontëland will be, with absolute security, a year marked by the premiere of two new film adaptations of Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. We first knew about the former in 2008 when it was reported that BBC Films and Ruby Films were developing a Jane Eyre project with a script by Moira Buffini. Jane Eyre in those days was Ellen Page and it was the subject of a warm debate whether she was a good choice or not. Eventually she left the project and Mia Wasikowska took on the role of Jane, Michael Fassbender was the chosen Rochester and Cary Fukunaga was appointed director. The rest of the cast was revealed little by little: Jamie Bell, Imogen Poots, Judi Dench, Sally Hawkins, Sophie Ward, Tamzin Merchant...

The first time we heard about the new Wuthering Heights was back in 2006 when we published that a script by Olivia Hetreed was one of the Ecosse Films projects in development. Its evolution was certainly more hazardous than the Jane Eyre one. Several directors were appointed (John Maybury, Peter Webber) and actors were on and off (Natalie Portman, Abbie Cornish, Gemma Arterton, Michael Fassbender, Ed Westwick... ) until finally the project ended in the hands of Andrea Arnold who has chosen a cast of young and relatively unknown actors: Kaya Scodelario, James Howson for her adaptation.

Both productions share directors that come from the independent scene. Cary Fukunaga joins Jane Eyre after having won in Sundance for Sin Nombre and Andrea Arnold faces in Wuthering Heights the difficult task of maintaining her idiosyncratic style full of angst-ridden teenagers mixed with a very careful artistic direction (Fish Tank, Red Road) in a period film (which in a way is also full of angst-ridden teenagers). We wonder what will happen with Cary Fukunaga's Jane Eyre. Will it show personality (as the trailer seems to indicate, with a very intelligent use of the Gothic and dark imaginery of the original novel) or will it be another show of a Sundance director engulfed by the industry? The release dates vary according to the countries.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:01 pm

http://poisonapplecom.blogspot.com/2011/01/jane-eyre.html

Thursday, January 6, 2011
Jane Eyre
One of the greatest love stories ever told by Charlotte Bronte (beside her sister, Emily Bronte on her romantic novel, Wuthering Heights) is going to be released into a movie this year. Directed by Cary Fukunaga, this movie will be on the screen at March 11. Besides waiting for our next big movie, Twilight saga: Breaking Dawn and Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallow of which I have read through books, I'll expect that Jane Eyre would be bombastic.

And starring in this movie for this latest Jane Eyre edition is Mia Wasikowska (starring as Alice in the 2010 movie Alice in Wonderland) as Jane Eyre, Michael Fassbender as Edward Rochester and other casting crew.

For Jane Eyre, orphan and impoverished governess, the last person she should want is the only person she needs; her employer, Rochester. Not only is he socially inaccessible, he's also a man of few words and many secrets - and one of his secrets is so terrible it could destroy everything he and Jane hold dear. (I took it on the back of my novel)

Posted by Siew May at 8:06 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:17 pm

http://allthatglistensisnotold.blogspot.com/2011/01/not-only-reading-jane-eyre.html

Samstag, 8. Januar 2011
Not only reading - Jane Eyre

I am just full of pleasant anticipation:

This year (in April for Germany -and as far as I could find outi n March in US) JANE EYRE will be released in cinema!! I love that story!!!

And it will come out with so many great actors:

Michael Fassbender - who I loved in so many films - e.g. Angel - and tv series ( I loved HEX)

Mia Wasikowska - who was great as Alice in Tim Burton's ALICE IN WONDERLAND (I am a huge afficionada - Tim Burton is one of my heroes..) and -that's a bit creepy: she looks similar to my mother at that age.. ;")

Jamie Bell - who is gifted as an actor and dancer. No dancing in NICKOLAS NICKLEBY - but have you seen him there??

Judi Dench - I love that Dame! (hihi, pardon the pun!)

Sally Hawkins - who is one of my favourited actrices of nowadays!

So - excuse me: I am going to dance along till April.. ;")
Eingestellt von Frl. Irene Palfy um 11:22
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:15 am

http://www.beyondthebookshelf.com/ane-eyre-a-movie-adaptation-of-a-novel-by-charlotte-bronte/

Jan
Jane Eyre, a movie adaptation of a novel by Charlotte Bronte
Posted by Beth

COMING SOON TO THE BIGSCREEN: JANE EYRE

A movie adaptation of a novel by Charlotte Bronte

Mia Wasikowska (‘Alice in Wonderland‘) and Michael Fassbender (‘Inglourious Basterds’) star in the romantic drama based on Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel, from acclaimed director Cary Joji Fukunaga (‘Sin Nombre‘). In the story, Jane Eyre flees Thornfield Hall, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. As she reflects upon the people and emotions that have defined her, it is clear that the isolated and imposing residence – and Mr. Rochester’s coldness – have sorely tested the young woman’s resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. She must now act decisively to secure her own future and come to terms with the past that haunts her – and the terrible secret that Mr. Rochester is hiding and that she has uncovered…

The Internet Movie Database

Director Cary Fukunaga appears to be a newcomer to the world of directing bigger ticket actors and actresses, having done a few short films and documentaries. Fukunaga has his hopes set high, selecting an up-and-coming actress by the name of Mia Wasikowska. Believe it or not, in my opinion, Mia Waikowska’s outstanding lead as Jane Eyre is going to kick-start this directors career for sure.

Other titles featuring Mia Waikowska; Amelia (2009) – starring Hiliary Swank, The Kids Are Alright (2010)- starring Julianne Moore, Alice in Wonderland (2010) - starring herself, as Alice…

And now, JANE EYRE; The movie adaptation is slated to be released early to mid March 2011.

Early responses to Jane Eyre, first published in 1847, were mixed. Some held the book to be anti-Christian, others were disturbed by a heroine so proud, self-willed, and essentially unfeminine. The modern reader may well have trouble understanding what all the fuss was about. On the surface a fairly conventional Gothic romance (poor orphan governess is hired by rich, brooding Byronic hero-type), Jane Eyre hardly seems the stuff from which revolutions are made. But the story is very much about the nature of human freedom and equality, and if Jane was seen as something of a renegade in nineteenth-century England, it is because her story is that of a woman who struggles for self-definition and determination in a society that too often denies her that right. But self-determination does not mean untrammeled freedom for men or women. Rochester, that thorny masculine beast whom Jane eventually falls for, is a man who sets his own laws and manipulates the lives of those around him; before he can enter into a marriage of equals with Jane he must undergo a spiritual transformation. Should the lesson sound dry, it’s not. Jane Eyre is full of drama: fires, storms, attempted murder, and a mad wife conveniently stashed away in the attic. This is very sexy stuff – another reason Victorian critics weren’t quite sure what to make of it. –500 Great Books by Women

Click Here to Buy Jane Eyre – Original Version (paperback)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:30 am

http://www.anglotopia.net/british-entertainment/british-movies/brit-movies-jane-eyre-coming-this-march/

Brit Movies: Jane Eyre Coming This March
January 12, 2011 By jonathan Leave a Comment

I’m not convinced we need another retelling of Jane Eyre, especially after the great miniseries from a few years ago. But there’s one coming nonetheless and it does look interesting and has a good pedigree behind it.

Mia Wasikowska (‘Alice in Wonderland’) and Michael Fassbender (‘Inglourious Basterds’) star in the romantic drama based on Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel, from acclaimed director Cary Joji Fukunaga (‘Sin Nombre’). In the story, Jane Eyre flees Thornfield Hall, where she works as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester. As she reflects upon the people and emotions that have defined her, it is clear that the isolated and imposing residence – and Mr. Rochester’s coldness – have sorely tested the young woman’s resilience, forged years earlier when she was orphaned. She must now act decisively to secure her own future and come to terms with the past that haunts her – and the terrible secret that Mr. Rochester is hiding and that she has uncovered…

Also starring Jamie Bell, Sally Hawkins and Dame Judi Dench.

Jane Eyre opens in the USA in March.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:45 pm

http://community.livejournal.com/thtswhatsheread/21638.html

Fiction: "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte

* Jan. 13th, 2011 at 9:29 PM

stopped reading to stay happy

This is the third time I've read Jane Eyre, but the first time I haven't had to read it for a class. I had to double-check that, because I could have sworn I'd read it a couple of years ago on my own, but looking through my records (yes, I keep records, hello, have you met me, I'm kind of anal) I haven't read Jane Eyre since before 2006, which would have made the last reading for my 19th Century British Novel course in 2004.

I've picked up a couple of books that I'd once read for a class, and it's interesting; much like when I read Tess of the d'Urbervilles a couple of years ago, I remember the themes that we discussed in class, but I don't feel the need to analyze them again, which is nice. I recommend that if there was a book that you remember reading in high school or in college that you kinda liked, pick it up again. Tonight's entry for Jane Eyre will not be discussing the beautiful versus the sublime (which was a major theme in the class), but more about Jane's sense of individualism.

Of course, if there was a book you hated reading in high school, for the love of God, don't pick it up again. I did not like Holden Caulfiend in Catcher in the Rye back in junior year, but it's been over ten years; maybe now, he won't seem so whiny and phony. However, I hated - haaaaaated - Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad. If I ever get the whim to read that again -- that's like, the number three symptom on my list that designates I'm suffering from a severe mental illness.

Um, enough about that. Let's talk about someone who actually suffers from a mental illness!

The story of Jane, if you don't know: she was an orphan, beloved by her uncle Reed, but sadly for her, Uncle Reed died, leaving her in the care of Aunt Reed, who does not like her. At the end of her non-empathetic rope, Aunt Reed sends nine-year-old Jane Eyre off to the bare-bones charity school of Lowood. After half the school's population dies of typhoid and malnutrition, the school gets taken over by characters who are more sympathetic to the needs of poor young girls, and Jane thrives, eventually becoming a teacher. But then she begins to get antsy, and advertises for herself as a governess. She is hired by Mrs. Fairfax, household manager of Thornfield. Jane moves to Thornfield to take care of Adele, a French girl of about ten. After being there a few months and starting to get antsy again, she is going to town to mail a letter when a man on a horse happens to fall off just as she passes. She helps him back on to his horse, continues to town, mails her letter, and when she returns she learns that she had helped her heretofore unknown landlord, Mr. Rochester, get back on the horse.

Mr. Rochester takes a fancy to Jane, which she tries to ignore, as it wouldn't be proper. He has friends come and stay with him, including Miss Blanche Ingram. To Jane's eye, it appears that Mr. Rochester intends to marry Miss Ingram. She does her best to ignore the blossoming romance, and finds an escape when she learns that her old Aunt Reed is on her deathbed. She returns to her childhood home, learns that she had an old uncle who wanted to make her his ward, but Aunt Reed was a bitch and wouldn't let him contact her. Aunt Reed dies, Jane returns to Thornfield, and Mr. Rochester proposes marraige to her, and she accepts.

Meanwhile, weird s$#! has been happening around Thornfield. Mr. Rochester was almost burned alive in his bed; weird noises emanate from the third floor, and there's this weird servant, Grace Poole. Oh, and some dude visiting almost got stabbed. So on the morning of her wedding, the ceremony is interrupted by a lawyer from London who announces to the small wedding party that Mr. Rochester is actually already married! To a crazy woman who's been living in the attic!

So Jane runs away, lives destitute for a few days, and gets taken in by a poor, honest family named Rivers. Through some crazy random happenstance, they learn that they are cousins -- how awesome is that? Except that St. John Rivers, the male cousin (and if I remember correctly, St. John is not pronounced Saint John, but Sinjin) wants to be a missionary, and wants Jane to be his wife. Not because he loves her, but because he thinks that's all she's good for. (Don't worry, I'll get into that later.)

So in another crazy random happenstance, Jane is thisclose to telling St. John she'll go to India with him when she swears she hears a voice. She packs her s$#!, hires a coach to take her to Thornfield, finds the mansion burned to a crisp, but finds out that her beloved Mr. Rochester has retired to his secondary mansion (because everyone should have a secondary mansion) after his crazy wife nearly killed him in another fire, and now he's blind and an amputee. And they marry, have a child, and eventually, he gets his sight back.

Okay. I just reread those paragraphs, and it sounds very trite and melodramatic. It's not. If you've never read Jane Eyre before, please don't take that stupid little summary as gospel. It's much more exciting and yes, melodramatic. I picked up Jane Eyre again for a few reasons. Number one, there's a new adaptation coming to theatres in March, starring Mia Wasikowska as Jane (she was Alice in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland last year) and Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester (and he was apparently in Band of Brothers and Inglorious Basterds), and I wanted to reread the book before seeing it (as I tend to do). Also, I'm beginning my research into Victorian literature, style, and other things, and I have a couple of examples of near-Gothic description and atmosphere that I've marked and can return to. But honestly, I was looking for a romance where I knew everything would turn out okay in the end (because I'd read it before), but for a while, thought it might not. Or something. I don't know. But I remembered the romance between Jane and Rochester being deeper and more passionate than that of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy (SERIOUSLY DON'T THROW THINGS AT ME).

Speaking of that: I know that Virginia Woolf at one point tried to compare Pride & Prejudice to Jane Eyre, and decided that Jane Eyre was the lesser of the two, that the emotions in Jane Eyre were what ruined it. I say thee, nay. That's what makes Jane Eyre better than Pride & Prejudice, and that's why I've read Jane Eyre more times than Pride & Prejudice (zombie-infested versions don't count).

I also remember reading the book in that 19th Century British Novel class -- or maybe it was the Victorian Literature class -- but regardless, I read somewhere that in the grand scheme of things, Jane and Rochester couldn't marry in the middle of the book not because of Bertha Mason in the attic, but because they weren't equals in terms of status. So when Jane comes into an inheritance in the last third of the book, then they should be able to marry. But what Bronte does is punish Mr. Rochester for his youthful indescretions and his more recent lies by making him blind and an amputee. And that ... it doesn't feel right to me. It's probably different to me reading it now than it would have been to more pious readers back in the 1850s, but ... is losing a hand that much of a step towards equality? That just seems to me too -- uh, you'll pardon the phrase, but heavy-handed. He has to lose his house, his sight, and a limb? Dude, Charlotte -- give the man a break.

But the thing that I like most about Jane Eyre -- the character, not the book -- is that she is probably one of the first truly independent women in literature. And I'm not usually one to go finding feminist literature -- I read historical romances, for cripes's sake. But while Elizabeth Bennet is witty and smart and can take care of herself when needed, Jane always takes care of herself. Jane doesn't even attempt to hide her sarcasm behind witticisms; she's just outright sarcastic. She wants to know where she stands as an entity and as herself, not as property of Man. And above all, she thinks:

And now I thought: till now I had only heard, seen, moved--followed up and down where I was led or dragged--watched event rush on event, disclosure open beyond disclosure: but now, I thought. [309]

This scene followed the great disclosure of Bertha Mason in the attic.

In an earlier example, Rochester asks her to sit still while he's trying to propose marriage to her:

'Jane, be still; don't struggle so, like a wild, frantic bird that is rending its own plumage in its desperation,'

'I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will; which I now exert to leave you.' [266]

Once engaged, their relationship is full of back-and-forth conversation and cutting insults. And it's the type of relationship I'd love to have: bantery.

'Look wicked, Jane; as you know well how to look; coin one of your wild, shy, provoking smiles; tell me you hate me--teaze [sic] me, vex me; do anything but move me: I would rather be incensed than saddened.'

'I will teaze [sic] you and vex you to your heart's content, when I have finished my tale...' [295]

Contrast that with her relationship with St. John, who intrigues Jane, but does not inspire the same type of love and respect that she had with Rochester.

I found him a very patient, very forbearing, and yet an exacting master: he expected me to do a great deal; and when I fulfilled his expectations he, in his own way, fully testified his approbation. By degrees, he acquired a certain influence over me that took away my liberty of mind: his praise and notice were more restraining than his indifference. I could no longer talk or laugh freely when he was by; because a tiresomely importunate instinct reminded me that vivacity (at least in me) was distasteful to him. I was so fully aware that only serious moods and occupations were acceptable, that in his presence every effort to sustain or follow any other, became vain: I fell under a freezing spell. When he said 'go,' I went; 'come,' I came; 'do this,' I did it. But I did not love my servitude: I wished, many a time, he had continued to neglect me. [419]

St. John also does not see her as an independent entity; she is not someone who has free will, or any personal inclinations. In St. John's mind, God (his Sovereign) is who decides the purpose of everyone's life; free will has nothing to do with it. Neither do emotions:

'God and nature intended you for a missionary's wife. It is not personal, but mental endowments they have given you: you are formed for labour, not for love. A missionary's wife you must--shall be. You shall be mine: I claim you--not for my pleasure, but for my Sovereign's service.' [424]

And here is where Jane's innate sarcasm shines through:

'Oh! I will give my heart to God,' I said. 'You do not want it.'

I will not swear, reader, that there was not something of repressed sarcasm both in the tone in which I uttered this sentence, and in the feeling that accompanied it. [328]

And now, the It's All About Alaina section.

Here is proof that Blanche Ingram is nothing more than the first incarnation of Lucy van Pelt:

'Cease that chatter, blockhead! and do my bidding.' [203]

This relates to a joke between a friend of mine (name of Mason), and the phrase "Check Means Done.":

'Ever since I have known Mason, I have only had to say to him "Do that," and the thing has been done.' [227]

CHECK!

Finally: Dearest Jane, I totally empathize with this statement:

I tired for the routine of eight years in one afternoon. I desired liberty; for liberty I gasped; for liberty I uttered a prayer; it seemed scattered on the wind then faintly blowing. I abandoned it, and framed a humbler supplication; for change, stimulus: that petition, too, seemed swept off into vague space; 'Then,' I cried, half desperate, 'Grant me at least a new servitude!' [89]

And as I come close to the nine-year mark of tenure at my place of business, I too at times feel the need to cry out, half-desperate, "Grant me at least a new servitude!"

Grade for Jane Eyre: 4 stars
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:48 pm

http://scottlmartin.blogspot.com/2011/01/jane-eyre.html

Thursday, January 13, 2011
Jane Eyre
Cary Fukunaga's decidedly more Gothic adaptation of Charlotte Bronte's moving and disturbing 1847 novel comes to theaters this year. And it's shaping up to be my most anticipated of 2011, right now.

"It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility;
they must have action, and they will make it if they cannot find it." -
Charlotte Bronte

More than 20 adaptations of Jane Eyre have been 'conceived' since the birth of film, since 1910 to be exact. It began with a handful of silent films that were loosely based on the novel, and has since moved on to several film and television productions, it has been performed on stage in musicals and ballets, there has been a graphic novel among countless other books based on the novel, and in 1943, there was even a radio show. It's one of the most retold stories in literary history, and for good reason. The mark of a truly timeless novel lies in its ability to remain relevant through many adaptations. There has even been an adaptation of the book, called Jane Slayre, in which she goes through the events of the classic story, but... Buffy style.

The latest version of the tale will star Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre and Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester. Also starring are Jamie Bell and Dame Judi Dench. Adaptation by Moira Buffini.

The very basic story is that an orphaned girl, who moves in with her abusive aunt and cousins, who - through her time at Lowood School - experiences privation despite making friends finally. She becomes the Governess of Thornfield Hall and is torn between two men.

Despite the apparent and overt Gothic/horror overtones, the film is said to follow Bronte's novel closely. Of the changes to the tone and appearance of the film, Fukunaga stated "I’ve spent a lot of time rereading the book and trying to feel out what Charlotte Brontë was feeling when she was writing it. That sort of spookiness that plagues the entire story... there’s been something like 24 adaptations, and it’s very rare that you see those sorts of darker sides. They treat it like it’s just a period romance, and I think it’s much more than that." in an interview with Movieline.

Jane Eyre's trailer -

What do you think of the feel Cary Fukunaga has adopted for the film? Is it too much? or completely off track? Or, if you're like me, does it feel alarmingly right? Let me know in the comments below.
Posted by Hexibar at 3:15 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:00 pm

http://laurasreviewbookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/01/jane-eyre-read.html

I'm depressed

Not one taker for the Jane Eyre readathon. Come on, someone must want to re-read it or read it for the first time. I promise I won't bite. I'm not an extremely critical thinker or reader, so I'd love feedback from people who think that way. Even if you hate Mr. Rochester, I want to hear from you!

Please, please, just let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,

Laura
16 January 2011
Jane Eyre Read

You know I completely forgot about the movie coming out in March! I'm so excited to see Michael Fassbender as Rocherster, but is he too pretty? We'll see... There are no rules to this. Read at your own pace, leisure, etc. Every Monday, I'll post what chapter I'm on and discuss what I liked about what I've read and see what other people are thinking. It'll be a check in sort of thing.

So far the takers are:

Marie, The Boston Bibliophile
Sara, A Writer who is witty:)
Smile Who is really just happy and has no name
Helen
Lynne, Lynne's Book Notes
I am so excited for this read!

Posted by Laura at 12:34 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:50 pm

http://belleofliberty.blogspot.com/2011/01/eyre-head-alert.html

Monday, January 17, 2011
Eyre-Head Alert

Attention all Jane Eyre fans: the American release date of the new film version of Jane Eyre, directed by Cary Fukunaga and starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender has been announced as March 11, 2011.

There have been numerous film and television versions of Charlotte Bronte’s classic romance. On film, 1934, 1944 (the classic with Orson Welles and Joan Fontaine), 1970 (with George C. Scott and Susannah York), and 1997. There have been numerous television productions, beginning in 1947, with Charlton Heston as a much-too-young Mr. Rochester. Most Eyre-Heads agree that the best television production was the 1973 miniseries starring Sorcha Cusak and Michael Jayston.

The trailer is out for the new film and it looks fairly interesting. Fukunaga takes a different perspective on the story, focusing on the darker side of a lonely governess living in a mansion with a mysterious, and dangerous, secret. The film is supposed to begin with our heroine running away from Thornfield Hall after learning what the secret is, a secret that fractures her relationship with the master she’s fallen in love with. Apparently, the story is told in flashbacks as Jane recovers from near starvation at a pastor’s home.

Wasikowska (who is Australian) is quite a good fit for the part. They don’t paint her too pretty in order to satisfy squeamish audiences. In the trailer, she looks, sounds, and acts the right age for Jane Eyre (18 – the actress is about 21). Some actresses who’ve taken on the part have been either too old, too tall, or too pretty for the part.

Fassbender looks a bit slim and so, a little young, to be Mr. Rochester but judging by the trailer, he’s got it where it counts. And then there’s Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax. This must be a much wiser and savvier Mrs. Fairfax than the housekeeper Charlotte Bronte wrote about. There’s nothing “simple” about Judi Dench, so this should be an interesting performance.

I fell in love with this book when I read it at age 14, as an English class assignment. I read it in one afternoon. I’ve worn out about five copies of the book. I’m looking forward to this movie. It holds promise of some scenes that are only alluded to in the book and generally haven’t been dramatized in productions. Especially interesting will be the scene where Mr. Rochester discovers Jane has fled. Thank goodness. I hope they deal a little more closely with the burning of Thornfield and Mr. Rochester’s heroics in that fire.

If this production doesn’t maybe some future production will. Bronte left a little wiggle room in the climax, where Jane flees. The narrative suggests obliquely that some occurrence requires Jane’s immediate presence and it is then that Rochester discovers she’s gone. Logic would suggest that the lawyer Briggs shows up the next morning to inform Jane of her uncle’s death. Briggs would undoubtedly know of the existence of the Rivers cousins, since he must inform them that they’re out of luck. Bronte didn’t delve too deeply into that aspect, lest she spoil the fate she has in store for Rochester. A simple question of Briggs – who else is named in the will and where do they live – would have given Rochester the clue he needed to find her.

But whatever the case, the director adds a new depth of spookiness and suspense to the much-loved novel.

There’s just one thing that I hope – that they don’t have Rochester throw himself on his couch, like a drama queen when Jane tells him he’s history. One of the versions tried remaining faithful to that description and it was so embarrassing. I hope they leave poor Mr. Rochester a little dignity, as they did in most of the other adaptations. Boys are willing to give Jane Eyre a chance – until they get to that scene – and then they’re done.

We Eyre-Heads will be brooding until March 11th.

posted by Belle | 8:48 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:35 pm

http://nativeaudiogrrrl.blogspot.com/2011/01/just-finished-reading-jane-eyre.html

Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Just Finished Reading: Jane Eyre

I loved this book. I've never really been much of a fan of Victorian era novels, but I really loved Jane Eyre. It's sort of a mix of a romance and a drama, with some gothic elements as well. I read this entire 350 page book in the span of a day, which to me is a very short amount of time. It usually takes me a week, and sometimes much longer to finish a book. I've been reading Geek Love for what feels like forever now, and I'm not even half-way done with it. This book, on the other hand, I could not put down. What made it so interesting was probably the fact that there were different parts to it. There was Jane living with her aunt, Jane at school, Jane becoming a governess and falling for Mr. Rochester, Jane discovering she has family, and Jane back with Rochester. The love story, while it has a happy ending, is also really tragic. While reading it I just knew something was going to happen to f&#! up Jane and Rochester's wedding, and as it turned out I was right. I never would have imagined that it was because he was already married, though, and to a lunatic, no less! Fortunately, Jane gets to marry her love, but only after horrible things had occurred. He is newly single because his wife committed suicide, and on that same night he lost both his vision and one of his hands. Jane doesn't care about this though, because she loves him so much, so in the end they get married and live happily ever after.

What led me to read this book was that I've always wanted to read something by one of the Bronte sisters, and also because I wanted to read it before the movie comes out in March. When I saw the trailer I thought that it looked really interesting, and darker than most period movies. I've read that they're playing up the supernatural elements of the novel, which I think should be really cool. Anyways, after reading the novel I am really excited about seeing the movie. With Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre and Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester it should be really good.

Posted by kittyrocker08 at 11:50 AM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 pm

http://hotfudgehalohalo.blogspot.com/2011/01/another-jane-eyre-movie-gleeee.html

Monday, January 24, 2011
Another Jane Eyre movie! GLEEEE!

I think this latest film adaptation of the famous Bronte classic explores more the dark side of Jane Eyre instead of the romantic. You know, the part that truly makes it Gothic. I saw the mini-series, which stars Toby Stephens as Mr. Rochester and Ruth Wilson as Jane, a couple of years ago and enjoyed it even if it looked like it jumped straight out of the pages of a Mills & Boon novel. The chemistry between the two leads is palpable.

In Jane Eyre 2011, Michael Fassbender plays Rochester while Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) plays the title role. This early, I'm not feeling the chemistry, but oh well, I'd still see it at the cinema.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:23 pm

http://www.bookendbabes.com/2011/02/09/visit-a-classic-again-both-the-book-and-the-movie/

Visit a classic, again…both the book and the movie!
February 9th, 2011 by Michelle Langston

How many times have you read Charlotte Brontë’s beloved classic novel Jane Eyre? I do not remember how many times I have read the book (they say memory is the first thing to go…), but I would estimate that I have curled up with this favorite at least a dozen times. Multiple times I have sat and watched different film adaptations of the book. Actresses from Joan Fontaine to Samantha Morton to Anna Paquin have played Brontë’s independent heroine.

Now Jane Eyre returns to the big screen in select cities beginning March 11. Director Cary Fukunaga’s version is said to be a unique take on the film, but also influenced by Robert Stevenson’s version from 1943 starring Orson Welles and Joan Fontaine. Mia Wasikowska, last seen in “Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland,” plays Jane Eyre. The film also stars Michael Fassbender (“Jonah Hex”), Jamie Bell, Judi Dench and Sally Hawkins.

Even if you’ve read Jane Eyre before, maybe it is time to re-visit this classic. Vintage Books has released a movie tie-in edition of Jane Eyre that features a reader’s guide, as well as production notes from the film. And because we love our Bookend Babe readers, we have a little something extra for you. Vintage Books is sharing a Reader’s Group Reading Guide, so Bookend Babes, get your girls together! How about planning to read the book, then a little movie night, followed by a group discussion! The discussion guide can be found here.

Get your group together and see “Jane Eyre.” For advanced tickets or group sales you can call: 855-4JANEEYRE. For more information on the upcoming film, including opening dates for your city, visit: www.janeeyrethemovie.com

Here is a look at the upcoming movie. Watch the trailer now, then leave me a comment and let me know what you think! Enjoy!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:21 am

http://fikklefame.com/name-jane-eyres-rochester/

Name Jane Eyre’s Rochester
Published on February 11, 2011 by name team

Do we ever get tired of Jane Eyre remakes?

Um … no. And Wuthering Heights remakes either, for that matter. But the next remake of the latter will not be released until the end of September in the UK, and they’re not giving a date for the USA yet.

“Jane Eyre” starring Mia Wasikowska in the title role, on the other hand, will be released on March 11, 2011.

First impressions aren’t always 100% on target, but we’re getting an Agnes Moorehead feeling from Aunt Reed in the trailer.

Michael Fassbender is Jane’s Rochester in this one. In real life he is 12 years older than Mia.

Can you name the actor who played Rochester to these Janes? Don’t worry, we’ll tell you how much older her leading man was.

2006: Ruth Wilson was nominated for both an Emmy and a Golden Globe for her portrayal of the embattled governess.

1997: Samantha Morton, who also played Samuel Taylor Coleridge’s wife in Pandaemonium, was Jane Eyre in this 2 part production.

1996: Charlotte Gainsbourg was the grown-up Jane. Anna Paquin was young Jane.

1983: Zelah Clarke was Jane in this 11 episode TV mini-series.

1973: Irish actress, Sorcha Cusack in the title role

1970: Susannah York, who passed away just last month, was Jane Eyre.

1943: Joan Fontaine was big Jane and Peggy Ann Garner was the young orphan. At 93, Joan must be the oldest living Jane Eyre as of this writing. This is the one where Agnes Moorehead played rotten old Aunt Reed.

OK that’s enough for now. But just to fill up some space before we give you the answers, here are some more actresses who played Jane Eyre:

Virginia Bruce

Mabel Ballin

Ann Bell

Meantime there are two versions of “Wide Sargasso Sea,” the tale of Rochester in Jamaica with Antoinette

In 1993, Karina Lombard played Antoinette Cosway to Nathaniel Parker’s Rochester. 8 years older than Karina.

In 1996, Rebecca Hall was Antoinette and Rafe Spall was Rochester. Rafe is just a year older than Rebecca.…

Now for the answers:

2006: Toby Stephens was Rochester, 13 years older than Ruth

1997: Ciaran Hind, 24 years older than Samantha.

1996: William Hurt was Rochester, 21 years older than Charlotte.

1983: Timothy Dalton was Rochester, 10 years older than Zelah.

1973; Michael Jayston, 14 years older than Sorcha.

1970: George C. Scott, 12 years older than Susannah.

1943: Orson Welles was Rochester, 2 years older than Joan Fontaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next