Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Villain in Spiderman 4? Xmen?

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Villain in Spiderman 4? Xmen? - Page 2 Empty Re: Villain in Spiderman 4? Xmen?

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:00 am

http://www.themppc.com/magpress/xmen-class-magneto-emma-frost/

Has X-Men: First Class Found Its Magneto and Emma Frost?
June 8th, 2010 at 8:56 pm -

It seems this week is the week for casting rumors for Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men First Class.

First up is the rumor that Kick-Ass himself, Aaron Johnson, may be landing a role after he was spotted out and about with Vaughn and First Class Professor X, James McAvoy. Nothing has come out officially, but it would seem a distinct possibility and would be a logical leap to make.

Next Michael Fassbender, who will always be 300’s Stelios to me, is rumored to be up for the role of the master of magnetism himself, Magneto. However, Fassbender rumors appear to be a dime a dozen as talk of him playing a villain in the Spider-Man reboot have been mentioned. Could he be the next Ryan Reynolds or Chris Evans playing multiple Marvel roles?

Lastly, Forces of Geek has reported that British Actress Rosamund Pike has been tested for and possibly cast as Emma Frost, The White Queen. According to their sources, she has been spotted in the film’s casting director’s office with Emma Frost comic books in hand.

Holy Rumorpalooza. That is a lot of casting speculation packed into the span of a week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:23 am

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/bad-choice-fassbender-up-for-two-villain-roles/

June 8th, 2010 - Written by Kirsten Anderson
Bad Choice: Fassbender Up for Two Villain Roles

Michael Fassbender doesn’t seem like such a bad guy…

Lately it’s seemed like Christoph Waltz is the only bad guy in town. Now, though, Michael Fassbender, his “Inglourious Basterds” co-star, has thrown his hat in the ring as villain competition. According to Showbiz411, Fassbender is up for the villain role in both “X-Men: First Class” and “Spider-Man: Unnecessary Reboot.” Matthew Vaughn is directing “X-Men,” and Marc Webb has the Spider-Man gig.

In the “X-Men” movie, Fassbender would play the younger version of Magneto, played by Sir Ian McKellen in the earlier films. His opposite number would be James McAvoy as the young Charles Xavier (that’s Sir Patrick Stewart in the other films…everyone’s a Sir these days…). It’s unknown what villain he would play in the Spider-Man movie.

Scheduling issues won’t allow Fassbender to do both, so he’s got a choice to make. I vote X-Men, mostly because I’m so annoyed at the Spider-Man reboot. Sure, in “X-Men” he’d have to live up to the shadow of Sir Ian, but in “Spider-Man” he’d be part of a movie that hasn’t managed to generate any goodwill so far (though in the end, I’m sure it will make plenty of money. That always happens).

Fassbender will become a very familiar face over the next few months. He’s in “Jonah Hex,” “Centurion,” and “Jane Eyre,” in which he plays prototypical Gothic romantic hero Edward Rochester.

Again–take the “X-Men” job, Michael. You’ll thank me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:26 am

http://masterdigitalcolor.com/2010/06/x-marks-the-spot/

X Marks The Spot
Screen Gems — By AltoidMan on June 8, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I have to make a confession. I’m a little apprehensive about prequels. Yes, you can thank George Lucas for destroying all ideas of prequels for me. The Star Wars franchise took a hit with a younger crowd as Jar-Jar destroyed a mysterious world with a bunch of gibberish and made us old Star Wars nerds look silly for our excitement. So when it was announced the next X-Men film would be a prequel (for lack of a better word), I was very panicky.

I have to admit I like the way the movie casting is taking shape. James McAvoy has been cast as Professor X and Michael Fassbender of Inglorious Basterds fame has been highly courted to play Magneto. Both are incredible actors who will bring honesty to the role. It also knocks down a very early rumor that the movie wasn’t going to be a prequel. Well, I don’t think they would cast two young hunks if they weren’t going to start over. I also saw the writing on the wall with the last Wolverine movie.

Fassbender is a solid choice. We will soon be judging his work in Jonah Hex. His ability to show power and soul in a character has landed him a series of roles in the next few years. If you think you will get sick of seeing Sam Worthington, wait until you see Fessbender’s resume. It is very long.

In addition to the quality casting going on, they seem to have landed (or near landed) director Matthew Vaughn. He is the director of Kick-Ass and Stardust, two films I enjoyed thoroughly. He has a very different feel for movies. Timing seems to be his forte. He knows when to show passion in a film and he knows when to kick it into high gear. If he has Fessbender and McAvoy to work with, I expect nothing but high quality.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:54 am

http://retaliators.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/bell-and-fassbender-for-spider-man/

Bell and Fassbender For Spider Man?
8 06 2010

There’s been a lot of discussion concerning the Spider Man reboot, which I’m still not sure what side I’m on. There was a lot of discussion on the director, the story, and of course, who’s our Spider Man? There’s been a lot of names. But right now, there’s one name going around. Jamie Bell?

/Film says:

The site Bleeding Cool is reporting that multiple sources have told them that actor Jamie Bell has been tapped to star in Sony’s reboot of Spider-Man, directed by Marc Webb. If you’ll recall, he was on the shortlist reported a couple weeks ago. (Along with Andrew Garfield; Alden Ehrenreich; Frank Dillane; and Josh Hutcherson.)

But that’s not all. 300 and Inglourious Basterds star Michael Fassbender is up to not only land a role in X-Men: First Class, but also may get the role as the new Spider Man villain.

Filmonic reports:

Matthew Vaughn is apparently interested in having Fassbender play a young Magneto in X-Men: First Class, while Sony is keen on signing the actor up as the new villain in the Spider-Man reboot

I personally think that Michael Fassbender is a great up and coming actor, which is weird to say, but I think he’s getting better and better with each role. Plus, in terms of X-Men, he may make a great Magneto, he has the Ian McKellen look.

As for Bell, I’m not so sure. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a great actor, but this is supposed to be following the teenage Peter route. And getting Bell, who’s 24 years old, I think it wouldn’t work. But, having said that, if he ends up getting the role, I don’t think I’ll end up complaining.

Your thoughts?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:56 am

http://www.therumormonger.com/2010/06/08/michael-fassbender-to-play-villain-in-x-men-first-class-or-spider-man/

Michael Fassbender to Play Villain in ‘X-Men: First Class’ or ‘Spider-Man’?
Posted by: Zack the Rumormonger on Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

http://www.cinematical.com/media/feedlogo.gif German-Irish actor Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds, Hunger) has reportedly been offered the villain role in two movies adapted from the Marvel Universe: X-Men First Class and the Spider-Man reboot (will it actually be titled Spider-Man 4?). Unfortunately, this isn’t another multi-film crossover thing, a la the Avengers assembly. According to Roger Friedman at Showbiz 411, the rising star must choose one project or the other. In the former, he’d portray a young Eric Lehnsherr, aka Magneto, taking over the part originally played by Sir Ian McKellan. And he’d get to act opposite James McAvoy, as Professor X. For the latter, the villain character is unknown, so feel free to start speculating about which of Spidey’s foes Fassbender would be good for. Or, would you just prefer he take on the magnetic mutant and forget about potentially battling a web-slinging Jamie Bell (still unconfirmed)?

Surely I’m not alone in wishing he could do all movies offered to him. I’d also like to see Fassbender in the superhero role at some point. Plenty of actors are taking multiple comic-based gigs these days, and if we can expect audiences not to confuse Green Lantern with Deadpool or Human Torch with Captain America or Kick-Ass with Cyclops (if rumors of Aaron Johnson being wooed for First Class are true), we can find a way to accept Fassbender as both Magneto and … (Kraven perhaps?). The actor is already appearing in one comic book movie this summer, the DC adaptation Jonah Hex. Interestingly enough, he’s playing right-hand to the villain Quentin Turnbull, portrayed by John Malkovich, who was previously set to be the baddie in Spider-Man 4. And if Fassbender doesn’t take the Spidey gig, I’d like Malkovich to be given another shot.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:08 am

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-taking-up-villainy.html

Tuesday, June 08, 2010
Michael Fassbender Taking Up Villainy In SPIDER-MAN 3D?

I don't usually like to post on casting rumors as my thing is mainly the creativity behind projects. However (and this is a big however), this is SPIDER-MAN.

SPIDER-MAN has been and always will be my favorite of all the super heroes. It has resonated with me since the early cartoons on TV - you know the ones that actually shared content with ROCKET ROBIN HOOD (which I think would make a darn good 3D live action adaptation!). So ANY decision made about the project and I am instantly tuned in. Even rumors.

Here is one such rumor (Showbiz 411): Michael Fassbender (INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS) is apparently in the midst of a delicious dilemma. It seems Marvel is after him for two different roles - Young Magneto in X MEN: FIRST CLASS -or- playing a villain in the upcoming SPIDER-MAN reboot (in 3D). As these projects are with different studios (Fox and Columbia respectively) it seems he cannot do both.

I am hoping he bites into the villain role because I love his acting chops and SPIDER-MAN would benefit immensely. I have heard many different opinions on what villain he should play, but as for me I still want The Lizard in this movie. My vote is for Dr. Curt Connors. Who do you think he should play if he indeed does sign on?
Sphere: Related Content
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:17 am

http://www.brandsonly.nl/moviesmovies/?p=6682

News – Fassbender Up For “X-Men” & Spidey

German-born, Irish-raised hunk Michael Fassbender ("Inglourious Basterds," "Hunger") is currently being linked to not one but two Marvel comic book film adaptations currently heading towards production.

Showbiz 411 reports that "X-Men: First Class" director Matthew Vaughn is pursuing him to play the younger version of Ian McKellen’s Magneto in Fox's prequel project which already stars James McAvoy as the younger Professor Charles X. Xavier. That film is slated to kick off filming soon in the UK for release next Summer.

At the same time, Fassbender is being pursued to play the villain in “Spider Man 4" at Sony Pictures. As that film isn't scheduled to hit until mid-2012, its production won't kick off until sometime next year.

Fassbender is expected to choose one over the other, the question is which one and how it will fit into his schedule. The actor is currently shooting David Cronenberg's "A Dangerous Method" and will next star in David Jacobson's "A Single Shot". The actor will be seen onscreen in "Jonah Hex" later this month and "Centurion" in August.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:33 am

http://www.samsungdatacables.net/?p=647991

Michael Fassbender to Play Villain in ‘X-Men: First Class’ or ‘Spider-Man’?
Posted on 08 June 2010
German-Irish actor Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds, Hunger) has reportedly been offered the villain role in two movies adapted from the Marvel Universe: X-Men First Class and the Spider-Man reboot (will it actually be titled Spider-Man 4?). Unfortunately, this isn't another multi-film crossover thing, a la the Avengers assembly. According to Roger Friedman at Showbiz 411, the rising star must choose one project or the other. In the former, he'd portray a young Eric Lehnsherr, aka Magneto, taking over the part originally played by Sir Ian McKellan. And he'd get to act opposite James McAvoy, as Professor X. For the latter, the villain character is unknown, so feel free to start speculating about which of Spidey's foes Fassbender would be good for. Or, would you just prefer he take on the magnetic mutant and forget about potentially battling a web-slinging Jamie Bell (still unconfirmed)?

Surely I'm not alone in wishing he could do all movies offered to him. I'd also like to see Fassbender in the superhero role at some point. Plenty of actors are taking multiple comic-based gigs these days, and if we can expect audiences not to confuse Green Lantern with Deadpool or Human Torch with Captain America or Kick-Ass with Cyclops (if rumors of Aaron Johnson being wooed for First Class are true), we can find a way to accept Fassbender as both Magneto and ... (Kraven perhaps?). The actor is already appearing in one comic book movie this summer, the DC adaptation Jonah Hex. Interestingly enough, he's playing right-hand to the villain Quentin Turnbull, portrayed by John Malkovich, who was previously set to be the baddie in Spider-Man 4. And if Fassbender doesn't take the Spidey gig, I'd like Malkovich to be given another shot.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:38 am

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/2010/06/michael-fassbender-x-men-or-spider-man.html

Michael Fassbender: X-Men or Spider-Man?
- Posted by David Harper on Tuesday, June 08, 2010

According to Roger Friedman of Showbiz411 (via Rich Johnston), Michael Fassbender of Inglourious Basterds fame is deliberating between two different high profile Marvel Comics film roles: as Magneto in Matthew Vaughn's upcoming X-Men: First Class and as an as yet unannounced villain in Marc Webb's Spider-Man 4. Johnston himself hypothesizes that Fassbender would be in line to play Elektro, but dismisses Kraven the Hunter as a possibility.

My take: Elektro is likely, but I still think Fassbender could make a killer Kraven. He proved he has no problem taking off weight in Steve McQueen's Hunger, perhaps he'd have no problem adding it on. Either way you look at it, Fassbender is a quickly rising talent who managed to stand out in a brilliant cast in Basterds. I'm eager to find out which he chooses, but here's hoping it's Magneto. He could really do some amazing things with the role, and we know he can pull off a German accent - after all, it was developed in the shadows of the Piz Palü.

X-Men: First Class is set to be released first on June 3rd 2011, while Spider-Man 4 (or whatever they end up calling it) is coming out July 3rd 2012. Check back here for more as these respective casts begin to fill out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:44 am

http://bennyhollywood.com/blog/should-michael-fassbender-do-x-men-or-spider-man.html

Should Michael Fassbender Do X-Men or Spider-Man?
Easy AdSense by Unreal

You know you’ve made it as a really interesting actor in Hollywood when you’re offered a comic book villain, and so it is that Michael Fassbender must make a choice: according to Fox 411 , he’s been hotly pursued to play both Magneto in X-Men: First Class and the yet-unnamed villain in Marc Webb’s Spider-Man reboot. Of course, Fassbender does have a bad guy role on the books already in Jonah Hex , but let’s just forget about that for now — after all, Warner Bros. has . [ Fox 411 ]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:47 am

http://moviecultists.com/2010/06/08/michael-fassbender-to-battle-the-x-men-or-spider-man/

Michael Fassbender To Battle the X-Men or Spider Man?

Written by Douglas Reinhardt on 6/08/10

Perhaps best known to us as Lt. Archie Hicox in Inglourious Basterds, now Michael Fassbener has become the villain du jour for comic book movies, apparently. According to Showbizz 411, Fassbender is now being courted to go rogue in X-Men: The First Class and the currently untitled Spider Man reboot. (H/T to The Playlist)

If Fassbender goes against the X-Men, he’ll become their arch rival Magneto and go to head with previously announced Professor Xavier, James McAvoy. The Matthew Vaughn project may also add Aaron Johnson (Kick Ass) as Cyclops as well. While Aaron Johnson may have been one of the weakest links in Kick Ass, the potential acting match up/showdown between McAvoy and Fassbender could take Entry Level X-Men to another level, in terms of acting.

Meanwhile in Culver City, California, Fassbender is being courted to play the as of yet unknown villain in the Spider Man reboot. My Spidey sense is unable to deduce what member of Spider Man’s rogue gallery it could be.

While it seems unlikely that Fox and Sony will let Fassbender appear in both films, but if you read the tea leafs and put it together, he could probably pull it off.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:49 am

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/spidey-villain-or-young-magneto-for-michael-fassbender/

Spidey Villain or Young Magneto for Michael Fassbender?
Comic Book Movie News, Spider-Man 4 (Reboot, 2012) Movie, X-Men: First Class (2011) Movie — By Nix on June 8, 2010

Michael Fassbender is an interesting actor. I never know he’s in a movie until he just shows up onscreen, and even then I don’t know it’s him until the credits role, or someone tells me, “Hey, that’s Michael Fassbender!” Which is rare, because most people don’t know who Michael Fassbender is. (He’s also playing a baddie in “Jonah Hex”, by the way; bet you didn’t know that.)

So, being Michael Fassbender is a pretty good deal at the moment, because according to Showbiz 411, ol Mikey is currently the object of pursuit for two mega projects — Sony’s reboot of “Spider-Man”, where he’s apparently being sought for the villain part, and Fox’s “X-Men: First Class”, where he’s wanted for young Magneto opposite James McAvoy, who is playing young Professor X.

Right now, Fassbender is trying to choose between the two projects, though I think it’s a no-brainier: he’ll probably go with Matthew Vaughn’s “First Class”. One, Vaughn is the more established director, and second, the role has franchise potential. The “Spider-Man” reboot is nice, but it’s a one-and-doner. Then again, maybe Fassbender doesn’t want to commit to a franchise? In which case, Spidey villain would be the way to go.

Either way, it’s good to be Michael Fassbender, even if most Joblo moviegoer have no idea who he is.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:04 am

http://www.punchdrunkcritics.com/2010/06/rumor-mill-fassbender-choosing-between.html

Rumor Mill: Fassbender Choosing Between X-men or Spider-Man
Posted by Travis Hopson on Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Those who haven't jumped onto the Michael Fassbender bandwagon best start gearing up now. The actor, who was flung into the mainstream last year as part of Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, is about to up his profile in a major way. Showbiz411 has the rumor that Fassbender is currently being courted by two rival studios to play serious roles in two Marvel comics superhero films.

Fassbender is said to be up for the role of a young Magneto in Fox's upcoming X-men: First Class. That project is being helmed by Matthew Vaughn, and tells the early days of the rivalry between Professor Charles Xavier and Magneto. James McAvoy(Wanted) has already signed on to play Xavier.

His other option comes from Sony Pictures, who want him to play whomever the villain may be in their Spider-Man reboot. Since there's no story in place yet, it's uncertain who that character would be. My guess is either Elektro or the Green Goblin. Who cares if it's been done before? You can't have a Spidey flick without the Goblin there in some fashion. Yesterday it was revealed that Jamie Bell(Defiance) is likely the choice to play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in that film.

Other than Basterds, Fassbender's impressive resume of late features star making turns in Steve McQueen's Hunger, and he'll be appearing in Jonah Hex in a couple of weeks. He most recently starred in one of my favorite films of the year so far, Fish Tank.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:08 am

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9486:michael-fassbender-torn-between-spider-man-a-x-men&catid=41:news&Itemid=71

Michael Fassbender: Torn Between Spider-Man & X-Men?
Written by Jamie Williams Tuesday, 08 June 2010 04:21

He's been fantasy-cast for a number of roles since his appearance in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds last summer. But it appears some fans might get their wish with Michael Fassbender.

According to Showbiz 411, the German actor is up for two forthcoming Marvel comic films.

On the one hand, he's reportedly in contention for the young Erik Lehnsherr (aka Magneto) in Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class. Although Roger Friedman (the author of this piece) flubs saying, "Fassender would play young Professor X, played in the first three films by Ian McKellen." Since we all know at this point James McAvoy will be the young Chuck as first portrayed by Sir Patrick Stewart, maybe he just had a brain fart?

Meanwhile, he's also being courted as the villain for the as-yet-titled Spider-Man reboot. Details such as the identity as what heavy he'd portray remain unspecified. So your guess is as good as mine, folks. Then again, we're still waiting to see who will star in the damn movie as Webhead.

Of the two, plenty (including IESB's own Movie Moan podcaster Phil Gee) have suggested Fassender for the young Magneto. So if this pans out, you won't find too many people bitching. Assuming it pans out...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:11 pm

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=17955&count=0

The Lizard is the Main Villain in "Spider-Man" Reboot?
Posted: June 9th, 2010 by WorstPreviews.com Staff

We just reported that Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds, 300) has been offered to play Magneto in Matthew Vaughn's "X-Men: First Class" or the villain in the "Spider-Man" reboot.

Now comes word from BleedingCool that the main villain in "Spider-Man" will be Dr. Curt Connors, who eventually becomes The Lizard. The site added that it is not clear whether Fassbender has been offered to play The Lizard or another villain.

It makes sense that The Lizard will be involved since Peter Parker will return to high-school in the remake. It's just too bad that actor Dylan Baker never got to play the villain in Sam Raimi's trilogy.

For those not familiar with the comics, Curt Connors tried to re-grow his amputated arm by uncovering the secrets of reptilian limb regeneration, eventually turning into The Lizard.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:19 pm

http://io9.com/5558757/michael-fassbender-must-choose-which-marvel-villain-to-call-his-own

Michael Fassbender must choose which Marvel villain to call his own

Michael Fassbender is playing a major Marvel villain - but will it be young Magneto in X-Men: First Class or the baddie in the Spider-Man reboot? And which Spidey nemesis will it be?

The German-Irish actor, who played the dashing Lieutenant Archie Hicox in Inglourious Basterds and costars with Josh Brolin in the upcoming Jonah Hex, is in hot demand from the Marvel moviemakers at both Fox and Sony, the homes of the X-Men and Spider-Man franchises. He's reportedly been offered Ian McKellan's old role as Magneto in the prequel X-Men: First Class and the main villain in Marc Webb's Spider-Man reboot.

It's hard to say which role he should take, if only because we still have no idea who he would play in the new Spidey movie. Indeed, we still don't even know who is playing Peter Parker (although the smart money is apparently now on Jamie Bell). What makes things particularly tricky is it's difficult to imagine who in Spider-Man's rogues gallery Fassbender could even conceivably play: Spidey's enemies aren't exactly known for their good looks and natural charm.

The internet scuttlebutt seems to think he'd be playing Electro, which honestly is a bit disappointing. Electro, whose powers are pretty much exactly what you'd expect them to be, seems like an altogether minor sort of villain who doesn't have a ton going for him beyond the fact that, yeah, his electric powers can look pretty cool. Other than that, though, he's never been much more than a fairly one-dimensional villain. It's perhaps telling that the Ultimate Universe couldn't come up with a more interesting spin on the character than he was now the result of bioengineering and is bald.

It's particularly a shame if the Electro rumors are true because I think Michael Fassbender would be a great choice for a far more interesting Spider-Man villain - Kraven the Hunter - provided he bulked up a bit. (And if Marc Webb and company are serious about making the reboot "grittier" than the original trilogy, there's no finer comic source material than "Kraven's Last Hunt.")

If nothing else, X-Men: First Class seems to be quite a bit further along than the Spidey reboot. It's got its talent behind the camera firmly in place with producer Bryan Singer and Kick-Ass's Matthew Vaughn directing, and James McAvoy will be taking over for Patrick Stewart as the young Professor X.

There's also now one more name to add to the growing cast, as reports indicate Rosamund Pike is now testing for the part of morally ambiguous telepath Emma Frost. The 31-year-old Pike, whose previous credits include Die Another Day and Surrogates, is about the same age as McAvoy, meaning Frost's character is likely not a student of but rather an equal or even rival to the Professor.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:35 pm

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/6790/rumor-mill-michael-fassbender-to-play-villain-in-x-men-first-class-or-in-spider-man-reboot

Rumor Mill: Michael Fassbender to Play Villain in X-Men: First Class OR in Spider-Man Reboot
Posted 06.09.10 by BrentJS

It seems that Michael Fassbender is destined to play comic book characters on the big screen. The German-born actor already has two comic book adaptations under his belt and a sizzling new rumor circulating on the internet has him pegged to play a villain in his choice of two of the biggest comic book movie franchises currently in development.

Fassbender's first foray into adapting a "four-color wonder" onto film came in 2006 when he played Stelios in 300, director Zack Snyder's adaptation of Frank Miller's bloody graphic novel of the same name. And, in less than two weeks, Fassbender can be seen on screen portraying Burke, one of the heavies in Jimmy Hayward's Jonah Hex, based on DC Comics' scarred anti-hero.

Now, Showbiz411 has claimed that Fassbender is being "pursued" to play a villain in one of two different movies based on Marvel Comics characters from two different studios. According to the report, Fassbender is wanted to play the young Eric Lensherr, aka Magneto, in Fox's latest installment in the X-Men franchise. In the original trilogy of X-Men movies, Magneto was portrayed by Sir Ian McKellen.

However, the new movie, director Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class, will serve as a prequel to the trilogy, rebooting the franchise with a fresh young cast. So far, only James McAvoy (Wanted) has been signed on to the movie in the role of Professor Charles Xavier, aka Professor X, originally played by Sir Patrick Stewart. A recent rumor also has Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass) in talks with Vaughn to play James Marsden's character in the first three X-Men movies, Scott Summers, aka Cyclops.

In addition, Showbiz411 has Fassbender being offered the role of the villain in Sony's Spider-Man reboot under the direction of Marc Webb, who stepped in when Sam Raimi, who helmed the first three Spider-Man movies, parted ways with Sony over Spider-Man 4. As of now, no actors have been cast in the movie, though THR has claimed that "the list has narrowed" to five actors, with BleedingCool recently declaring Jamie Bell as Sony's top pick. No plot details have been released about the reboot, so there's no clue which villain Fassbender would be portraying should the rumor turn out to be true.

X-Men: First Class begins production in late summer in London for a June 3rd, 2011 release. Spider-Man 4 (working title) will start production later this year for a July 3rd, 2012 release.

Next Showing: Jonah Hex opens June 18
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:42 pm

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Michael-Fassbender-up-for-X-Men-First-Class-and-Spider-Man-Role/6877

Michael Fassbender up for X-Men: First Class and Spider-Man Role
June 09, 2010

Most actors would kill for the opportunity to be pursued for one big Marvel movie let alone two. Michael Fassbender, who last year appeared in Inglourious Basterds and will soon be back on the big screen in Jonah Hex, has found himself in this quandary.

Showbiz 411 is reporting that Sony Pictures is courting Fassbender to star as the villain in the upcoming Marc Webb Spider-Man reboot film . They also report Fox wants him to play a young Magneto in Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class opposite James McAvoy whom has already been cast to play young Charles Xavier.

Fassbender has a tough choice to make here, assuming he accepts either of the roles. On one hand playing Magneto could lead to one or two sequel opportunities should First Class prove a hit. On the other, Spider-Man has proven the bigger franchise and could theoretically be the stronger springboard to Fassbender's stardom.

Which one would you use? I kind of lean towards the Magneto role. He's simply too cool a character to turn up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:07 pm

http://entertainment.ie/cinema/news/Is-Michael-Fassbender-The-New-Magneto/44501.htm

Is Michael Fassbender The New Magneto?

09 June 2010

One of our finest exports, Michael Fassbender is this morning being strongly linked with the roles of two villains in two huge comic book adaptations.

First up, Matthew Vaughn apparently wants Fassbender to star opposite James McAvoy in his X-Men reboot, X-Men: First Class. McAvoy is Professor Charles Xavier, and Vaughn wants the Irishman as Erik Lensherr, the future Magneto. Empire Magazine are saying that Vaughn's Kick Ass star, Aaron Johnson is also in line for a role - of the man who will be Cyclops, Scott Summers.

Fassbender is also being pursued to star in the new Spiderman flick, being helmed by (500) Days of Summer director, Marc Webb. No word on what part he'd play, but rumours are saying The Green Goblin could make another appearance. The hugely talented Dingle native will next be seen in Jonah Hex, playing a henchman.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 pm

http://www.thefancarpet.com/NewsPage.aspx?n_id=1233

Michael Fassbender up for Magneto in X-Men: First Class!
June 9 2010

Matthew Vaughn the director of the upcoming 'X-Men: First Class' has already locked in James McAvoy as Professor X, and now it seems that he's looking to get powerhouse actor Michael Fassbender to play his best friend and eventual nemesis Erik Lensherr aka Magneto.

Michael is an actor on demand at the moment due to his CV he's starred in the hits 'Hunger', 'Inglourious Basterds' and 'Eden Lake', he's shown great versatility but the Germany born actor hasn't got a superhero film on his CV, what do they say? 'If you wait long enough for a bus, two come along at once'. well that analogy works here, he has been shortlisted as the main villain in the Marc Webb directed 'Spider-Man' reboot aswell.

The X-Men prequel is in the middle of gathering up its mutant students, with Vaughn’s Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson already touted as a likely star (Scott Summers, anyone?) and Harry Potter’s Frank Dillane another possibility.

Fassbender’s a solid choice for the role as Lensherr, and we’d be interested to see what he could bring to the part.

Fassbender’s in a tough spot because both franchises are well established and have characters we all know and love. The downside is that both of them have pretty much run themselves into the ground because of bad writing, casting, and too much studio influence. Neither are on good terms with their respective fan bases so it’s a coin toss on which film will be better received.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:12 pm

http://blog.onthebox.com/2010/06/09/michael-fassbender-as-magneto/

Michael Fassbender As Magneto?

June 9, 2010 by Sean Marland

Michael Fassbender is as popular as a Robert Pattinson cut-out at a high school disco at the minute. Following his excellent work in Tarantino’s semitic war flick Inglorious Basterds, the actor is being fought over by several studios and has some very promising offers on his highly-polished table.

Film bosses are reportedly courting him for leading roles in X-Men: First Class and the new Spider-Man reboot.

According to Showbiz 411 Matthew Vaughn has approached Fassbender about playing the young Erik Lensherr, the future Magneto seen busting a concentration camp fence in the first X-Men. Accepting the role would place him alongside an already cast James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

But on the other-hand he has the prospect of working with 500 Days of Summer’s Marc Webb in Sony’s new take on Spider-Man. Studio bosses are still locking down an actor for Peter Parker (with Jamie Bell believed to be leading the race) but Fassbender is being widely touted as an unspecified villain.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:17 pm

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/fassbender-for-x-men-role-460949.html

Fassbender for 'X-Men' role?
09/06/2010 - 09:47:56
Michael Fassbender is rumoured to be up for the role of Magneto in ‘X Men: First Class’.

The 33-year-old ‘Inglorious Basterds’ actor is reportedly being lined up by the film’s director Matthew Vaughn to play a younger version of the character made famous in the original series by Ian McKellen.

‘Starter for Ten’ actor James McAvoy has already been confirmed for the part of Charles Xavier, while Aaron Johnson and Frank Dillane are also being touted as likely stars.

However, the ‘X Men’ prequel is not the only action movie Michael could be starring in, as he also is reportedly the actor of choice new ‘Spider-Man’ director Marc Webb.

A source close to the star revealed it is unlikely he will be able to appear in both films.

The ‘Hunger’ actor recently explained he tends to act on his instinct when selecting movie roles.

He said: "I've been going on my gut pretty much from the beginning. I'm not always going to get it right, but risk interests me. There is some embarrassing element to everything I do in life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:24 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2010/06/09/2010-06-09_michael_fassbender_must_decide_between_starring_in_xmen_first_class_or_spiderman.html

Michael Fassbender must decide between starring in 'X-Men: First Class' or 'Spider-Man' reboot

By Anthony Benigno
Daily News Writer

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 4:00 AM
Bloody good: Michael Fassbender, who played the British Lieutenant in 'Inglourious Basterds,' will either play Magneto in 'X-Men: First Class' or the villain in the new 'Spider-Man' movie
Sony, 20th Century Fox, Weinstein Co. courtesy Everett

How do you choose between Spider-Man and the X-Men? Michael Fassbender is being forced to make that very heroic choice.

The "Inglourious Basterds" alum is being pursued by the directors of both "X-Men: First Class" and "Spider-Man," but his schedule will only allow him to take one of the gigs, Showbiz411.com reports.

The Scottish actor, 33, broke into the mainstream last year after a string of supporting roles ("300") and indie movies ("Fish Tank") as one of Quentin Tarantino's "Basterds."

Fassbender's performance, though limited to only a few scenes, won him so much clout that he is in the position to choose between playing Magneto for "Kick-Ass" director Matthew Vaughn or a villain in Marc Webb's reboot of "Spider-Man."

If Fassbender picks "X-Men," he will inherit a role originated by Sir Ian McKellen and joins James McAvoy, who has already been cast as a young Professor X (Patrick Stewart originated the role).

"X-Men: First Class" is a prequel in the vein of last year's "Wolverine," which focuses on the friendship between Magneto and Professor X before they turned into mortal enemies.

If, on the other hand, Fassbender chooses to be in "Spider-Man," he will join one of the most polarizing projects currently in development. Originally intending to make a "Spider-Man 4" with Tobey Maguire and director Sam Raimi, Sony Pictures scrapped that idea in favor of a total overhaul.

Webb's film will restart the "Spider-Man" tale from the very beginning, focusing on Peter Parker/Spider-Man's high school beginnings.

No Spider-Man has been cast yet, although a grassroots campaign is underway to cast Donald Glover (TV's "Community") as the first African-American Peter Parker.

But Fassbender has not sitting idly by waiting for these two roles to land in his lap. He appears this month in "Jonah Hex" (another comic adaptation) alongside Josh Brolin and Megan Fox, and willl play Edward Rochester in a remake of "Jane Eyre," slated for release next March.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 pm

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2010/06/09/michael-fassbender-in-a-marvel-lous-quandary-spider-man-or-x-men/

Michael Fassbender in a Marvel-lous Quandary: Spider-Man or X-Men?

Posted by Jon Lyus on June 9, 2010

Two of the most well known comic book franchises are lining up against the reboot/prequel wall currently, and with attachments on both sides coming in thick and fast, be they rumour or confirmations, the slew of talent orbiting each one is growing each day.

Now it’s the turn of our favourite Basterd, Michael Fassbender to join the likes of James McAvoy (confirmed for X-Men) and Jamie Bell (rumoured for Spider-Man) as in Roger Friedman’s Showbiz 411 webspace today news unfurled that Fassbender is being courted by both Fox and Columbia for their super hero franchises, X-Men and Spider-Man respectively.

Fassbender was simply amazing in Steve McQueen’s Hunger and impressed with turn in Andrea Arnold’s BAFTA winning Fish Tank, and it’s no surprise that either studio is out for his signature.

Immediately speculation grew as to the parts he is being sought for – the younger incarnation of Magneto in the X-Men: First Class movie seems a certainty, but for Spider-Man the buzz is all about Fassbender suiting up against the webslinger as the film’s main villian – the smart money is on Electro but we’re still a while away from confirmation.

Recently seen in Neil Marshall’s Centurion, and soon to be seen in the Jonah Hex movie as well as the iconic romantic role of Mr Rochester in Cary Fukunaga’s Jane Eyre adaptation, Fassbender will need to choose well, as the expected schedules of the two potential projects won’t allow him to take on both.

Interesting times.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:40 pm

http://criterioncast.com/2010/06/09/rumor-michael-fassbender-may-be-the-master-of-magnetism-or-unnamed-spider-man-villain/

Rumor: Michael Fassbender May Be The Master Of Magnetism Or Unnamed Spider-Man Villain
By Rudie Obias on June 9, 2010, 7:42 pm

Michael Fassbender has been on the brink of becoming a superstar in Hollywood. With straight up hits like “Inglourious Basterds” and yet to be released “Centurion“. You can read Ryan’s review of “Centurion” from SXSW. Not to mention 2006’s smash-hit “300“. Not only does he get the Hollywood treatment, he gets the indie art-house creditability as well. With two films in the Criterion Collection, Steve McQueen’s “Hunger” (which is the film we’ll be highlighting this next week) and the yet to be annouced, Andrea Arnold’s “Fish Tank“. Needless to say, Fassbender has had a hot 2009 and a promising 2010.

It is rumored that Matthew Vaughn, the director of the new “X-Men: First Class” has pursued Michael Fassbender to play the role of young super-villain Magneto. Magneto has been played in past X-Men films by the very regal Sir Ian McKellen. He may be pinned against James McAvoy who was cast in the role of young Professor Charles Xavier. Can Fassbender fill the shoes of Sir Ian McKellen in the Marvel Universe? And if so, could you see him as a young Gandolf in a possible Hobbit prequel?

He was also rumored to be pursued to play the villain in the new Spider-Man reboot. Any thoughts on which super-villain Michael Fassbender could possibly play?

Personally, I think these two Marvel reboots are obvious money grabs from FOX Studios. Might as well cash in before they lose the rights back to Marvel. Sounds like a good time to make a quick buck. In saying that, I do feel these films will suffer from the shear speed of how they are being made. All signs of these reboots point to failure. Could they possibly be as good as their originals or past films.

Michael Fassbender is a hot actor these days, both in star status and physique. He will be in four movies in 2010 including two this summer’s, “Jonah Hex” and “Centurion“. He certain does have the action and acting chops to be a Will Smith type of box office draw.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next