Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

X-Men picture, poster comments

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

X-Men picture, poster comments - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Men picture, poster comments

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:29 pm

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/movie-photos/the-x-men-get-all-mad-men-in-three-new-stills/

The X-Men Get All ‘Mad Men’ In Three New Stills

Two days ago, we got pictures. Today we get good pictures via Playlist. There should be no question now that these X-Men: First Class photos are official and aren’t the product of a photoshopping fan boy. These pictures give us what the earlier ones didn’t: A chance to see our X-Men looking all mod and 60′s-cool.

First off, we have Kevin Bacon’s Sebastian Shaw looking like Chris Walken in “The Continental,” and January Jones’ Emma Frost looking like a woman with a delicious rack. Notice the wet bar in the back left. “Omit no detail,” say the producers!

Then we have a picture that some would construe as a “metaphor.” We’ve got young Professor X (James McAvoy) and Magneto (Michael Fassbender) engaged in a battle of wits over a chess board. While many might say that this 60′s throwback is a case of notalgia fever run amok, the fact remains that these stills demonstrate a warmth we haven’t seen in this franchise before. So even if it takes some ascots and a wood-and-leather study, it’s well worth it.

Finally, we’ve got the money shot. The group looking like the cast of a British detective series. Reaction to the earlier “official” photo was hostile, and with good reason. If the producers are going to jump along the timeline of the story to give us a fresh look at the characters, a generic, shadowy picture that graces the poster of every superhero movie is probably not called for. These stills convey a very different atmosphere that will probably be the source of more than a few laughs in the film, knowing Matthew Vaughn. Ascots for everyone!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

X-Men picture, poster comments - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Men picture, poster comments

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:32 pm

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/2011/01/new-x-men-first-class-pictures-arrive.html

New X-Men: First Class Pictures Arrive (This Time Unquestionably Real)
- Posted by Matthew Meylikhov on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

After yesterday's X-Men: Class photo that may or may not be real (editor's note: the phrase "not authorized" does not denote that the image is fake), it looks like Fox has decided to let a few extra cats out of their respective bags with three brand new images - all of which look much better than the cast shot we previously saw.

With the above image, we see our new Xavier and Magneto (James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, respectively) playing chess which both fits the character's dynamic and mutual respect as well as adds a callback/tad bit of foreshadow to the chess games they played in the X-Men films when played by Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan. That is - without a doubt - the best picture. You've also gotta love the symmetry between this shot and what is to come in the future in X-Men 2 (again, as seen in the above image).

Here, we get some January Jones/Emma Frost sitting on a couch with Kevin Bacon/Sebastian Shaw action.

Finally, we have a nice group shot showing what I can only assume is the "first class", including (from left to right) a non-blue Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Moira MacTaggert (Rose Byrne), a non-blue and fuzzy Beast (Nicholaus Holt) and Havok (Lucas Till). I'm not sure who is on the far left, but the two upfront are rather clearly - once again - McAvoy and Fassbender as Magneto and Xavier.

Suffice it to say, these pictures are MUCH better than yesterday's image, even when it's viewed in a much bigger version. Hopefully this will make people a tad more excited for the upcoming Matthew Vaughan film, because I can say with all honesty that everyone here at Multiversity wants the X-Men film to be a win. Here's crossing our fingers.

(via source)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 pm

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/much-better-look-x-men-first-class.php

Much Better Look: X-MEN FIRST CLASS

* January 20, 2011 1:00 am
* Matt Holmes

We're nominated for Sky Blog of the Year!

Much better photo’s, yes?

I imagine 20th Century Fox are on panic mode right now and have spent the last 24 hours scrambling around, trying to find something of X-Men: First Class to show us that will erase the awful memory of those supposedly unfinished “cast in costume” images.

Here’s what they have come up with – three exclusive new images they’ve sent to The L.A. Times from this June’s blockbuster that remind us that there’s real characters in this thing and not just Power Rangers.

From left to right;

Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique) Rose Bryne (Dr. Moira MacTaggert), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), James McAvoy (Xavier) and Lucas Till (Havoc).

The second image (below) is of Kevin Bacon (as the villain Sebastian Shaw) and January Jones (Emma Frost) which you would be mistaken for presuming they were on some kind of chat show. And wow, strange fashion sense in the 60′s, eh?

And finally, here’s a very X-Men style image of Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr (Magneto), no doubt enjoying a philosophical chat over a game of chess;

Director Matthew Vaughn also gave some interesting quotes to the site, revealing that the film is still actually shooting and that he was finding the scale of the project particularly tough;

“We’re filming at the moment, we’ve a lot to get done… I’ve never worked under such time pressure. The good thing about the independent world is I never even knew if I was going to get distribution. I’m used to finishing a film and then crossing your fingers that someone is going to like it. This is totally doing it the other way around. We’ve definitely got a release date and we’ve got to make it.

I’m at that stage where I feel like a boxer against the ropes… I’m just throwing punches and taking them as they come and making sure I don’t hit the canvas.”

And then a quote for why we all love Matthew Vaughn;

“With ‘Green Lantern,’ I don’t know about that one, I couldn’t get my head around the trailer, to be honest … look, I will say the following: X-Men as a brand is bigger than Captain America, Thor and the Green Lantern, all put together.”

X-Men: First Class will open June 3rd. There’s now high-quality versions of yesterday’s images but who needs them when you have these?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:48 pm

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/x-men-first-class-cast-picture.php

A Handy User’s Guide to the First Class of X-Men and Their Class Photo
Movie News By Cole Abaius on January 18, 2011

Combing through movie news and trivium all day is enough to make someone jaded. Thus, it’s important to remember when a piece of fluff marketing like this comes out, to keep a level head about what it really means.

Does it say anything about the movie itself? Not really. Does it say something about the photoshop skills of whoever made it. Certainly.

With that in mind, here’s the first official cast picture from X-Men: First Class, showing off a little midriff on January Jones, a little stone cold stare from everyone else, and a whole lot of cheese.

This looks bad. The opposite of good.

Here’s a handy guide to who’s who (from left to right):

* Michael Fassbender as Magneto – Pre-helmet.
* Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggart – Nobel-winning expert in genetic mutation.
* January Jones as Emma Frost – Sporting, naturally, some duds from Frederick’s of Hollywood.
* Jason Flemyng as Azazel – Nightcrawler’s daddy.
* Nicholas Hoult as Beast – Looking sort of like the blue Hulk here.
* Lucas Till as Havok – Cyclops’s plasma-blasting nephew younger brother.
* Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore – An ice-blasting left hand, a fire-blasting right, and acid spit. Not bad.
* Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique – Keeping the classic movie make-up in tact.
* James McAvoy as Professor X – Standing!

Of course, the film takes place at the very spawning of the mutant movement, back when Professor X and Magneto were still best friends and allies in a war they saw coming. One wants to make peace, the other wants to dominate. Emma Frost just wants to slink around in almost nothing and be a bitch.

The movie could end up being cool as hell, but this picture is bush league. It’s worse than some of the fan made stuff we’ve been sent. In fact, if a fan out there can make a better cast teaser picture and send it to us, we’ll publish it and give you some sort of prize.

X-Men: First Class is in session June 3, 2011.

What say you, internet?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 pm

http://screenrant.com/x-men-first-class-characters-costumes-rob-97092/

X-Men: First Class Characters & Costumes: Official First Look
Jan 19, 2011 by Rob Keyes

Twentieth Century Fox has finally revealed our first official looks at the mutant cast of ‘X-Men: First Class’ in costume as well as Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw. What do you think of the 1960s X-Men?

X-Men: First Class Cast Photo

One of the four major superhero comic book movies debuting this summer, and the only one yet to reveal any official footage or images, is that of X-Men: First Class. The Twentieth Century Fox X-Men prequel, directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) and produced by Bryan Singer (X-Men), takes us back in time to the 1960s to tell the tale of the origins of the X-Men.

Focusing in on the history of Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr, X-Men: First Class also features a cast of relatively unknown mutant characters, few of which have shown up in previous X-Men films. Until today, we’ve yet to see what these characters will look like on screen and in costume. Here is your official first look at the mutant cast of X-Men: First Class.

So far, we’ve been living off of set photos, but the X-Men: First Class cast image first leaked on MSN for a brief moment yesterday but was quickly taken down while it spread like wildfire across the blogosphere. We waited until Fox released the official images so you can see them in proper form. Meet the X-Men and enjoy your first look at the team, in and out of costume, as well as Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw:

X-Men First Class Characters

January Jones and Kevin Bacon as Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw

Magneto and Professor X play chess in X-Men: First Class movie

X-Men: First class team shot

In the main cast shot, note the two mutant masterminds who eventually part ways on their plans for mutantkind, becoming Professor X and Magneto, respectively. Here are the characters and their aliases, from left to right:

* Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto ( Michael Fassbender)
* Moira MacTaggert (Rose Byrne)
* Emma Frost (January Jones)
* Azazel (Jason Flemyng)
* Hank McCoy/Beast (Nicholas Hoult)
* Alex Summers/Havok (Lucas Till)
* Angel Salvadore (Zoe Kravitz)
* Raven Darkholme/Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence)
* Charles Xavier/Professor X (James McAvoy)

While I cannot say that the first official X-Men: First Class cast images are impressive or inspiring (although fans will sure dig Emma Frost’s authentic outfits from the comics), it does show that they aren’t shying away from the use of colors and costumes, paying a little more tribute to the X-Men books, at least in style if not story.

They did a great job with Azazel and I look forward to seeing Flemying play him in action. Havok has the circular symbol on his chest, similar to some of the comic designs, and Mystique’s design is consistent with the X-trilogy. Many fans are undoubtedly curious how Hank McCoy’s blue fur will be explained as he appeared in a cameo without the fur in X-Men 2. Chances are they’re pretending that didn’t even happen.

The images do not however, give us a look at Edi Gathegi’s character, the ever-evolving mutant known as Darwin, which brings into question his role in the film and as part of the ’60s era X-Men team. My guess is that he’s from the future since in the books, he’s one of the newest characters and Matthew Vaughn previously alluded to First Class acting both as an in-continuity prequel and a quasi-reboot of sorts, referencing what J.J. Abrams did with Star Trek.

Fans, before bringing down any potential wrath upon these images, let’s wait to see what the characters look like in live-action when the X-Men: First Class trailer releases. They certainly have stiff competition up against Marvel Studios’ Thor and Captain America features as well as Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment’s Green Lantern.

As an X-Men fan myself, please share your thoughts with me on Twitter @ rob_keyes and make sure to follow @ screenrant for all of your movie/TV needs.

X-Men: First Class opens in theaters June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:20 pm

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/20772

Tyson Huber
By Arse-bot

High(er)-Res X-Men Photo!
Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Remember all the hullabaloo from yesterday about that X-Men: First Class cast photo? “It’s a fake!”, “It’s not a fake!”, “It’s obviously Photoshopped!”, “It’s just a comp!” Well, guess what doubters, it’s real. Other news outlets seemed pretty convinced it was a fake, I was pretty sure it wasn’t and that the first publicity still for this film really was that bad.

In all fairness, there was a lot of confusion with MSN posting the picture, then immediately pulling it down, MTV being asked by FOX to remove the picture from their site, so on and so forth. We had the benefit of a little insider information from our good friend Jerk-Bot that convinced us that “Yes, it’s real.”

It’s not a fake. It’s for real. The complication is that one of the actors has not signed off on his likeness in the photo.

Others were convinced that it was real, but just a work in progress, and the real touched up version would be released when MSN’s interview with Michael Fassbender (Magneto) went up. Well . . . that Fassbender interview went up this morning, but it was only moments ago MSN released the “higher-res” photos of that same shot. If you ask me, I don’t see a difference, looks like the same damn photo to me:

So, there you have it folks! That’s the story in a very small nutshell; these are the X-Men you’ll get in this film, and this is what they will look like. Now that you can see them a little better (the photo’s above are the highest-res available at the time of this post), do you think they look better, worse, or did you original opinion not change? Sound off in the comments below!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 pm

http://www.filmofilia.com/2011/01/19/first-impressions-of-the-cast-of-x-men-first-class/

First Impressions of the Cast of X-Men: First Class
Posted by Nikola Mraovic 19 January, 2011

X-Men: First Class

X -Men: First Class, set during the 1960s, will focus on the relationship between Professor X and Magneto and the origin of their groups, the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants. The film stars James McAvoy as Professor X and Michael Fassbender as Magneto.

Actually, the image is not authorized and got out somehow. Another image is expected to be released soon, which will be first ‘official’ look.

From left to right we have Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Dr. Moira MacTaggert (Rose Byrne), Emma Frost (January Jones), Azazel (Jason Flemyng), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Havok (Lucas Till), Angel Salvadore (Zoë Kravitz), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) and Xavier (James McAvoy).

Fassbender especially gives off a healthy McKellen look as Erik Lensherr, the man who will be Magneto, and McAvoy looks suitably serious with just a hint of the steely attitude beneath as Prof X.

Toward the uniforms, it’s tough to tell, but with the movie set in the ‘60s, they’re going for a blend of Bryan Singer’s film with acceptance of the intense by classic Jack Kirby costumes.

X -Men: First Class is an upcoming American superhero film, directed by Matthew Vaughn, based on the characters appearing in Marvel Comics. The film is the fifth installment of the X-Men film series and a spin-off to the first three movies. The film is mostly being shot in England and parts of the United States. Additional location shooting should take place in Russia. X-Men: First Class is scheduled for release on June 3, 2011.

What do you think of the outfit?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 pm

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2011/01/19/peek-xmen-class/

Peek: X-Men First Class
Published on January 19, 2011 by Paul Koren

The above image is the first peek at the main line-up in the upcoming Matthew Vaughn film X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. Here’s the official synopsis;

Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-MEN.

The image shows from left to right Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Dr Moira MacTaggert (Rose Byrne), Emma Frost/The White Queen (January Jones), Azazel (Jason Flemyng), Hank McCoy/Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Alex Summers/Havok (Lucas Till), Angel Savadore (Zoe Kravitz), Raven Darkholme/Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) and finally Professor X (James McAvoy).

Its good that we can get a good and official look at the line-up with costumes included. More images and one-sheets will most likely be coming into the offices along with the trailer in the next couple of weeks/month.

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS comes out 2 June 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:59 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=28370

X-Men: First Class Teaser Poster Revealed!
Following the first images for 20th Century Fox's Matthew Vaughn-directed X-Men: First Class movie, check out a new mutant-less teaser poster showing the film's logo.
20th Century Fox have finally become comfortable with visual promotion for their Matthew Vaughn-directed X-Men: First Class prequel, hot off the heels of releasing the first images, comes a teaser poster via Ain't It Cool news.

Starring James McAvoy, Kevin Bacon, Michael Fassbender, January Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, Rose Byrne, Jason Flemyng, and Zoë Kravitz, X-Men: First Class opens in theaters June 3!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:22 am

http://hausofmatt.blogspot.com/2011/01/over-moon.html

OH, SWEET BABY JESUS

So I'm the biggest X-Men fan on the face of the planet, right? Imagine my happiness at hearing a new X-Men movie, a prequel entitled X-Men: First Class, was to be made. Imagine my delight when learning Wolverine wouldn't be a part of it - I hate him - and that it'd be an origin story of the characters we already know, as well as introductions to characters who I've been dying to see in their on screen forms. Imagine my euphoria after hearing about the cast: James McAvoy as Professor X, Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds) as Magneto, Kevin Bacon as villain Sebastien Shaw, January Jones - who.. uh.. after those photos might be one of my new.. obsessions - as Emma Frost, among others (a young Beast! a young Mystique! Havok! Banshee! Moira McTaggart! Angel! [wait who's Angel.. oh some bug chick.. okay]). Now picture me after seeing these photos.

In truth, I had seen the cast photo yesterday; it leaked in low quality. To be honest, I was completely underwhelmed; the photoshopping of characters together and the horrible shadows and the overall mediocrity of the picture left me feeling cold; the costumes weren't quite what I pictured. I had no problems with Ms Jones, but otherwise.. eh. Truthfully, my opinions haven't EXACTLY changed. I think Beast looks awful, and the costumes are still a bit meh, but the movie is set in the 60s and I can understand that they wouldn't look lavish. It might also be a case where things look bad in that particular shot, and may look good in motion. So here I am, waiting for a trailer..

But the rest.. holy f&#!. I'm over the moon. I'm beyond ecstatic. My doubts about the film (the fact that the production was rushed, that it's coming out in June and we haven't had ANY promotion aside from this) all vanished. I can't stop staring at these pictures.

February 13th (Born This Way single premiere) better get here soon. May 23rd (Born This Way the album) better get here soon. June 3rd (X-Men: First Class) better get here soon. 2012 (The Dark Knight Rises) better get here soon.

Posted by Matt at 7:55 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:23 am

http://flear.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-official-x-men-first-class-stills.html

Gönderen Flear zaman: Çarşamba, Ocak 19, 2011

New, official, and improved images from X-Men: First Class have shown up online! Directed by Matthew Vaughn, X-Men: First Class is scheduled to hit theaters on June 3, 2011.

From left to right: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havok, Zoe Kravitz as Angel, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:26 am

http://www.bscreview.com/2011/01/x-men-first-class-team-image/

X-Men First Class Team Image
Comic Books, Movies | Marty Shaw | January 19, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Poor X-Men. Lately it seems like news concerning Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle and The Avengers filming in New Mexico has stolen most of the super-hero thunder.

That is the case no more. Collider came up with some truly awesome images of the new (well, actually old) generation of heroic mutants, including the above ‘class photo’ for the heroes of X-Men: First Class.

From left to right, you can see Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havoc, Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, and James McAvoy as Professor X.

Appearing in the movie, but not included in the photo, are Kevin Bacon, Oliver Platt, Edi Gathegi, and Zoe Kravitz.

If the pic isn’t enough to snare you then check out the official synopsis of the movie. It’s been in the comics and mentioned in the film but X-Men: First Class will show for the first time how two good friends end up being bitter enemies.

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:27 am

http://www.punchdrunkcritics.com/2011/01/new-photos-of-cast-of-x-men-first-class.html

Wednesday, January 19, 2011
New photos of the cast of X-men: First Class! Our 1st look at Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw

Yesterday saw the release of the first image of the principle cast of X-men: First Class, the superhero prequel directed by Matthew Vaughn. As cool as it was to finally get a glimpse of James Mcavoy, January Jones, and the rest, the shot was pretty crappy. Thankfully today we've got the same image, only much better. You can see that retouched image above. There are also some new shots as well, including our first look at Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, leader of the infamous Hellfire Club.

As you can see, this shot shows Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, looking like he just got home from a key party. That's January Jones as Emma Frost, aka the White Queen. Shaw is the leader of the Hellfire Club, a cabal of influential mutants. Frost is basically his right-hand woman.

The first chess match between Xavier(Mcavoy) and Magneto(Michael Fassbender). Their classic chess matches would serve as a metaphor for the paths their lives would take in the future, when they would stand on opposite ends of the mutant rights issue.

Planning a heist? For whatever reason, I'm much more intrigued by the shots of everyone in regular civilian garb than I am the costumed up image we got yesterday.

The LA Times article notes a few key points from Vaughn himself, primarily about the hectic shooting schedule and the pressure he's been under to complete the film. That jibes with some rumors we heard just last month about everything feeling very "last minute". X-men: First Class is currently set for a June 3rd release, but filming is still very much going on. That's not a good sign. Let's hope Vaughn and company can get the production under control because this is probably the superhero film I want to see most this year.

Posted by Travis Hopson at 10:53 PM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:29 am

http://karystianis.blogspot.com/2011/01/full-cast-pic-of-x-men-first-class.html

Thursday, 20 January 2011
Full cast pic of X-Men: first class

Click to enlarge the above picture in high resolution. This is the first pic with the cast of Matthew Vaughn's "X-men:first class". I WAS looking forward for the film but after i seen this pic, it looks bad, really bad. What's up with these costumes? I know the film is supposed to take place around 60's but ffs it looks so cheesy. Like the first superman film. Too bright, too fake. Why the beast looks like pretty much a beast? Deformed. The beast wasn't deformed, He just happen to have a blu skin colour, nails, weird hair and teeth. Here it looks like a freaking werewolf....Oh god. Mystique on the other hand-the chick with the blue skin as well and the red hair, her head looks so big! Didn't they see that or something? Terrible make up job. Brian Singer, thank you for leaving the franchise to do your precious Superman. Only saving grace for this one is Magneto played by Michael Fassbender-who i like a lot as an actor... Let's see where this is going.

For the record from left to right: Magneto, Moira MacTaggert, Emma Frost, Azazul, Beast, Havoc, Angel Salvadore, Mystique, Professor Xavier
Posted by Dr Doom at 01:03
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:42 am

http://thedailyzombies.blogspot.com/2011/01/x-men-first-class-first-look.html

X-Men: First Class: First Look!
Posted by Grey Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Remember that bittersweet feeling you had back when Bryan Singer unveiled his vision of the X-Men back in the 2000 film? Hold on tight to that as we have our first look at the cast of Matthew Vaughn (director of Kick-Ass)'s prequel to the X-Men film franchise.

Speaking of bittersweet feeling, we were more than relieved with the completed film in 2000, with Singer capturing most of the gravitas of the mutants we have adored since our adolescent days. So it was eventually sweet and with Singer's follow-up in 2003's X2 (more popularly known as X2: X-Men United), the taste got sweeter. Karma works in strange, pain-in-the-ass way though as we subsequently bore witness to the cinematic (and comic) atrocity known as X-Men: The Last Stand in 2006. The film franchise continue to spiral downward with 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the spin-off film featuring the all-too-popular Wolverine. So the history goes like, in doubt, sweet, sweeter, sh*#&%, and equally sh*#&%. Why the history lesson now? Just so that the Marvel Zombies among you can just chill off for now when they witness the first image of the cast of X-Men: First Class.

Now, without further ado, X-Men: First Class (click to view in high resolution).

From left to right: Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Rose Byrne (Moira MacTaggert), January Jones (Emma Frost), Jason Flemyng (Azazel), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Lucas Till (Havok), Zoe Kravitz (Angel, the new one), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), and James McAvoy (Professor Charles Xavier).

So now you see the need of the history lesson. Released by 20th Century Fox via MSN (who have since regained their sanity by having the page taken down) earlier today, one can't help but to feel... underwhelmed. Akin to how I felt with the unveiling of Bryan Singer's leather-clad X-Men back in 2000. There could have been so many opportunities for them to release their first public images but they chose this, a piece of atrociously done image seemingly produced by a five-year-old kid and his first PhotoShop creation.

Nevertheless, While we are comfortable with the 60s-esque uniform for the X-Men (black and yellow-theme), I was rather shocked to see James McAvoy looking absolutely like Selma Blair with what looked like a wig on his head. Fortunately, there's always the scantily clad Emma Frost (portrayed by Mad Men's January Jones) to depend on in times of despair as such.

Anyway, here's the official plot synopsis for the film, via The Film Stage:

"Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were the closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men."

While it is most disappointing that this is the first image of the film that Fox decided to unveiled, we remained optimistic with the film and are pretty sure that amidst the upcoming onslaught of superhero films, this might just be one of the gems of the pack.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 am

http://theepicsandbox.com/2011/01/19/first-look-x-men-first-class/

First Look – X-Men: First Class
By
Tony C.
– January 19, 2011Posted in: Alt., Movies

We previously let you in on some plot details about the upcoming Brian Singer produced X-Men: First Class. Now we have our first look at the cast of what is being called a “new beginning” for the film series. I don’t want to make any judgments off just one picture..buuuuut I will anyway. I don’t know how this looks to anyone else but I’m getting a very distinct SYFY made for TV feel.

X-Men: First Class starring James McAvoy as Professor X and Michael Fassbender as Magneto is set to hit theaters June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:52 am

http://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/news/first-look-at-x-men-first-class/32230.htm

First Look At X-Men: First Class January 20, 2011

It's not a lot but here's your first look at X-Men: First Class via three high-res screen shots which leaked overnight. Pretty banal at this point but despite the skepticism that invariably follows "origin stories", Director Matthew Vaughn, the man behind 2010's cult adaptation of Kick-Ass, has proven more than capable at translating superhero stories for the big screen. And what a compelling story it is. Before they looked like Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen, before the lycra costumes and before they took opposing views on human/mutant relations, Professor X and Magneto were just Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Erik Lensherr (Michael Fassbender), two friends who discovered and fine-tuned their powers at the exact same time. Set during the 60's, First Class details the duo's transformation, the early formation of Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor Xavier’s X-Men and the rift that eventually formed between the former best friends.

Mad Men's January Jones also stars as Emma Frost while Kevin Bacon takes on antagonist Sebastian Shaw, Nicholas Hoult plays Hank McCoy aka Beast and Rose Byrne plays non-mutant and Xavier love interest Moira MacTaggert. Pretty intriguing right? To my mind, the Professor X/Magneto rivalry is compelling because it's steeped not in hate but conviction in their own beliefs and a begrudging respect for the others'. It stands as the most interesting relationship in X-Men, all of the Marvel universe even, and we're keen to see how Vaughn justifies their wildly divergent ideologies and details their rise to the opposing figureheads of the mutant revolution. Look out for a trailer in the coming months...

Posted on January 20, 2011 at 1:05pm by Ash.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:53 am

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/-x-men-first-class-teaser-poster-12309

'X-Men: First Class' Teaser Poster
By Kellvin Chavez on January 19, 2011

'X-Men: First Class' Teaser Poster Earlier today we posted some new stills that debuted online for 20th Century Fox upcoming superhero flick "X-Men: First Class" and now my buddy Harry over at AICN has posted the teaser poster for the film.

Meanwhile Bryan Singer (producer of the film) told Harry that he has seen the trailer for the movie:

Bryan tells me that he's seen a mock up for the trailer, but they've still got a ton of visual effects shots left to slug into the thing.

So have a look at the teaser poster below and let us know what you think.

"X-Men: First Class" is directed by Matthew Vaughn and stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, January Jones, and Kevin Bacon.

The movie follows a young Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr before they took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-MEN.

"X-Men: First Class" opens June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:01 am

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48147

Exclusive: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS teaser poster! Plus Harry's a mutant other than the Blob?

Published on: Jan 19, 2011 8:28:11 CST

Hey folks, Harry here... yesterday I discovered I was a mutant. My doctors came in and told me that apparently, I'm some sort of medical miracle, that according to my MRI - I should've been a full paraplegic beginning 8 years ago. But - I was still able to walk on my feet with crutches as little as 5 days ago. They also discovered that my brain, which they were monitoring throughout the surgery and other tests I've gone through, that apparently I'm using 20% - 30% of my brain. Apparently somehow this allowed me to continue to move and walk, despite the fact that my Spine was terribly damaged. I'm also apparently healing and reacting faster than should be happening from the surgery. So yeah, I'm being studied.

I got moved to REHAB today - and have been meeting with my rehab team of nurses today and what an awesome group of people, when... BRYAN SINGER called and we discussed my new found mutant-ness - and said apparently I have a power that was beyond even Professor Xavier. I then sent the mental suggestion that he give me the new advanced poster of X-MEN: FIRST CLASS! (actually that's why he was calling in the first place.)

Bryan is quite enthused about the film thus far, but frankly wanted to talk more about my back and his back injuries and John Ottman's too. I also found out my same surgeon is who gave KERRY CONRAN the ability to walk, two years before SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW! Damn... Seems like a lot of spinals out there.

My god, my nurse was just in here - their cel phone goes off... it's Bernard Herrmann's TWISTED NERVE theme - aka Daryl Hannah's Nurse theme from KILL BILL.

Sorry. That was too funny not to mention.

Bryan is getting ready to begin shooting his next film shortly, we're working on getting all the cool details on that...

Meanwhile, here's the poster. Like all the X-MEN films it evokes that steel-y look. Bryan tells me that he's seen a mock up for the trailer, but they've still got a ton of visual effects shots left to slug into the thing. So, till then, here ya go...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:02 am

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/New-X-Men-First-Class-Images-and-Clearer-Look-at-Cast/8225

New X-Men: First Class Images and Clearer Look at Cast
January 19, 2011

It's big an eventful past 24 hours for Fox and director Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class.

The commotion began yesterday when a small banner depicting the entire core mutant cast in-character began circulating around the web. Reactions were decidedly mixed with some embracing the outfits designed to fit into the 1960s and pull elements from the comics, while others had a hard time wrapping their head around the idea that these youngsters where the earlier generation of the X-Men.

Today higher resolution versions of that cast banner hit the web courtesy of MSN, while a trio of stills from the film and an update on the production were shared via Hero Complex. All of the new images are together in one place for you to comb over below.

Though X-Men: First Class is locked into a June 3 release via Fox, Vaughn is still hard at work shooting the film in Los Angeles and is fighting off a ticking clock. Unlike Kick-Ass or Layer Cake where he put together the film's on his time schedule and then shopped them around, there's little room for error in order to meet Fox's deadline and get photography wrapped and post-production into full swing.

Geoff Boucher's interview at Hero Complex also confirms that X-Men: First Class is a true prequel to Brian Singer's X-Men films and not a reboot. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbinder as Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr, respectively, are molding the evolution of their characters towards Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's interpretations of them throughout the film.

Pictured in the first image below are Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as The White Queen Emma Frost, and Jason Flemyng as Azazel.

The next picture features Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havok, Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, and James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

Rounding out the images are the first stills from the film highlighted by a chess match between Xavier and Eric.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:04 am

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/three-new-images-pop-up-for-x-men-first-class-12306

Three New Images Pop Up For 'X-Men: First Class'
By Melissa Molina on January 19, 2011

Three New Images Pop Up For 'X-Men: First Class' Although not everyone was won over with the first official picture from Matthew Vaughn's "X-Men: First Class," maybe these three new images will tickle your mutant-loving taste buds. We're getting another dose of Xavier and Magneto on the screen, but this time they're a bit younger as "First Class" re-introduces some of our beloved characters in their earlier years. The story takes place during the 1960s, showing Lehnsherr and Xavier as the two of them cope with their mutant powers.

There's not too much known about the script at the moment, but we know that the Hellfire Club must have a big presence in the story line. After all, this time around we get Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost (a.k.a. the White Queen) in one of the images below.

The cast includes James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, January Jones, Kevin Bacon, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence and Lucas Till. "X-Men: First Class" is coming out on June 3rd, so hopefully sometime soon we'll be getting a first official teaser trailer for this Marvel flick.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:05 am

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/x-men-first-class-gets-a-shiny-metal-ish-teaser-poser/

X-Men First Class Gets a Shiny Metal-ish Teaser Poster
Comic Book Movie News, Images, X-Men: First Class (2011) Movie — By Nixgravatarclose Author: Nix
Posts (9208) on January 19, 2011

It’s raining mutants today! So far, we’ve had confirmation that the much-debated costumed cast photo was real, gotten three new swanky pics from the movie, and now, the teaser poster has arrived. Word is, the trailer is still being assembled as we speak, so I’m guessing Superbowl Sunday as the most obvious debut.

“X-Men: First Class” charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

Starring Michael Fassbender, January Jones, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Kevin Bacon, Jason Flemyng, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence, Lucas Till, Zoë Kravitz, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Edi Gathegi, Caleb Landry Jones and directed by Matthew Vaugn.

Play hooky June 3, 2011.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:14 am

http://popculturecrusader.blogspot.com/2011/01/x-men-first-class-poster.html

Thursday, January 20, 2011
The X-men First Class Poster!

Ain't It Cool News has posted the first teaser poster of 20th Century Fox's upcoming X-men prequel, X-men First Class! The movie, directed by Matthew Vaughn and co-produced by Bryan Singer, features a young Professor X and Magneto in their early years, working together with a team of mutants to stop a greater threat before a rift drives them apart to become each other's greatest enemies. Now, promotional photos featuring stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and the rest of the cast have appeared on movie sites like Screen Rant, so you can check those out via the link. Right now, here's the poster in all it's mutant glory, courtesy of AICN!

X-men First Class is slated to reveal its origins in theaters this June 3!

Posted by Timzster at Thursday, January 20, 2011
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:20 am

http://www.geekworldordersite.com/blog/2011/01/new-images-from-x-men-first-class/

Jan 192011

Check out these high resolution images from Matthew Vaughn‘s X-Men: First Class. There are a lot of mixed opinions on these images, but I like what I see. I dig the 1960′s retro costumes. What do you think? unfortunately I have no idea who most of these characters are.

The film stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, January Jones, Kevin Bacon, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Caleb Landry Jones, Lucas Till, Edi Gathegi, Jason Flemyng, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Zoe Kravitz, and Bill Bilner.

X-Men: First Class charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other mutants (some familiar, some new) to stop Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

It’s set to be released in theaters on June 3, 2011.

Posted by admin at 10:33 pm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:34 am

http://www.cinemaspy.com/Movie-News/Teaser-Poster-for-X-Men-First-Class-Debuts/4904

Teaser Poster for 'X-Men: First Class' Debuts
Film arrives on June 3
By Robert Falconer | Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Over the past 24 hours we've reported about not only a new cast photo from X-Men: First Class, but also new interviews with Michael Fassbender and Kevin Bacon. Today, a teaser poster for the film has arrived, courtesy of AICN.

The poster's visual style echoes that of the original marketing materials for Bryan Singer's first X-Men film, but at the same time hearkens back to what is clearly an older, 1960s aesthetic…fitting given that the film takes place in that decade.

X-Men: First Class charts the early friendship and subsequent rivalry of Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr (late known as Magneto).

Directed by Matthew Vaughn, the film is scheduled to arrive in theaters on June 3.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next