Michael Fassbender Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top News
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICHAEL-AN AWARD WINNING ACTOR

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "12 Years a Slave" winning an Oscar for Best Picture

Michael is currently filming "MacBeth"

Watch "12 Years A Slave" and "Frank" in theaters

Watch "The Counselor" and "12 Years A Slave" on DVD available now

Michael is set to star and produce on a film version of the video game "Assassin's Creed"

Completed projects: X-Men, Untitled Malik project

Upcoming projects Assassin's Creed, Prometheus 2, MacBeth,and more!

Header credit here

MFmultiply's Disclaimer

Order region 1 dvds-Amazon store

Order region 2-UK dvds-Amazon Shoppe

Please check the calender for films on TV, Theater, or dvd releases
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Centurion trailer comments

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Centurion trailer comments - Page 2 Empty Re: Centurion trailer comments

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:53 am

http://www.moviemake-out.com/2010/02/13/trailer-watch-centurion-trailer/

Trailer Watch: Centurion trailer
Posted by Gordon on February 13th, 2010 at 1:00 pm CST

Michael Fassbender, Dominic West and Bond hottie Olga Kurylenko star in Descent and Dog Soldiers writer-director Neil Marshall’s Centurion. The trailer looks a little cliché, a lot violent, and — just maybe — a whole lot of fun.

It’ll be out in late April in the UK, but there is no US release date yet.

http://www.brutalashell.com/2010/02/new-trailer-for-neil-marshalls-centurion/

New Trailer for Neil Marshall’s ‘Centurion’
13 February 2010

by Ben Bussey

Courtesy of Axelle Carolyn’s Myspace blog (Yes, Myspace is still of use and interest now and then) here’s the latest trailer for Neil Marshall’s latest, Centurion. The movie seems to mark a dramatic shift in his career, not so much because of the period setting but more because the title doesn’t start with a ‘D.’

It does surprise me how much Marshall’s films seem to divide fans, because to me he’s easily one of the best genre filmmakers around. Dog Soldiers is one of the few comedy horrors of the last decade that can stand tall alongside Shaun Of The Dead; The Descent is, I maintain, the greatest British horror movie since Hellraiser; and Doomsday, while of course ridiculously derivative (and I rather doubt we weren’t expected to notice that) was a tremendously entertaining throwback to the apocalyptic-action glory days of John Carpenter and George Miller. However, as this trailer demonstrates, it seems that Doomsday’s knights-in-armour sequences didn’t quite get the medieval out of Marshall’s system.

Good to see another leading role for Michael Fassbender (Eden Lake, Inglorious Basterds); and whatever you think of Marshall, surely there can be little doubt that his Romans-versus-barbarians movie will surely be way better than King Arthur. Shudder.

Centurion is set to be released in the UK on April 23rd; look out for our review around then.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:10 am

http://www.tv.com/trailer--neil-marshalls-centurion/webnews/39287.html

Trailer - Neil Marshall's 'Centurion'
Colin Boyd Get the Big Picture 02/13/10 05:58 AM

You may be different, but I'd buy anything Olga Kurylenko is selling. The Bond girl from Quantum of Solace shows up briefly in the new trailer for Neil Marshall's Centurion, and the first time through, I honestly just watched it to see her. So the great news here is, I had to watch it twice to actually pay attention to what was going on. So the second time through, I finally picked up on what this is, and Centurion looks like a bloody affair. Oh sure, it can't hold a candle to Marshall's crimson-soaked The Descent, but that might be asking too much. No matter how it compares to The Descent, let's hope it's a step up from Doomsday, which was never as good as the first poster. In addition to Kurylenko, we get Michael Fassbender in Centurion, who is quickly becoming one of the more reliable and versatile actors around, and Dominic West, who...isn't, really, although when they tap into that thing he does really well - like in 300 - we all go home winners.

Story Source: http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2010/2/13/trailer-neil-marshalls-centurion.html

http://www.moviematics.com/2010/02/14/the-new-action-epic-by-neil-marshall-centurion-makes-first-appearance/912/

The New action epic by Neil Marshall, “Centurion” makes first appearance

Another movie now makes way to the global scene by the first trailer getting unveiled officially to help the audiences get the first official glimpse. This is the new action epic directed by Neil Marshall and is christened as “Centurion”. Powered by the roman soldiers who portray dudes riding horse and fighting with swords also has blood, guts and a hot chic as a part of the clan.

The first trailer now getting official, the movie boasts a solid cast and entails many well known actors and actresses like Olga Kurylenko, Dominic West, Michael Fassbender and David Morrissey. And as far as the first look tells, the movie will sure pack plenty of fun related to the gladiator-esque combi.

The story is centering on men on mission who are trapped in a sudden, big trouble and they being ambushed by the Pictish warriors and survivors. The story then proceeds by the soldiers getting trapped in such problematic situation and how they fight back and makes way to a safe place and also takes the revenge.

A new venture by Marshall after the Doomsday fame has been created to help him get back and relive his earlier days of glory and appreciation, which he enjoyed after the Doomsday release. So, take a look at the newly released trailer and be your own judge.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:11 pm

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/416310/neil_marshalls_centurion_the_trailer.html

Neil Marshall’s Centurion: the trailer

Simon Brew

The first trailer for the new film from Neil Marshall, Centurion, arrives. It looks really rather good, too…

Published on Feb 15, 2010

"I am a soldier of Rome! I will not yield!"

Could Neil Marshall be one of the planet's finest exponents of stretching a small-ish budget a long, long way? Because this trailer for his new film Centurion looks, bluntly, far more expensive than it probably was.

Starring Michael Fassbender, Dominic West, Olga Kurylenko, Noel Clarke and David Morrissey, the film tells the tale of an army of Roman warriors, known as the Ninth Legion, who simply disappeared. The film picks up their story, and as you can see from the trailer, throws them head first into what looks like a terrific battle.

We're looking forward to this one a lot, and this strong trailer does nothing to dampen that. The film itself arrives on 23rd April.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:38 pm

http://everlasting-day.livejournal.com/136583.html

Skins - Kat Prescott
1. Consider me completely blown away and seriously f#%@#&! excited by the trailer for Neil Marshall's forthcoming new film Centurion. Not only does the cast boast Michael Fassbender (who should totally play the Doctor someday), Noel Clark, Olga Kurylenko, David Morrissey and Dominic West, but Marshall is responsible for two of my favouritest films Dog Soldiers and The Descent, so my hopes for this are seriously high. I'm not the biggest movie person in the world, so I don't get excited by trailers all that often. Do want this film, very, very much.

http://unobtainium13.com/2010/02/15/neil-marshalls-centurion-official-trailer/

Neil Marshall’s Centurion Official Trailer

Feb 15, 2010

I have been a huge fan of Neil Marshall. The British filmmaker burst into the genre scene with his cult-classic werewolf-siege flick, Dog Soldiers. He then follows that up with the excellent all-female cast monster mash, The Descent. His third outing was a bit mixed for some, but I definitely had a great time with Doomsday. Marshall really knows the genre he works in and also enjoys staying in it.

His fourth film is a historical thriller set during the Roman occupation of Britain during the 2nd Century A.D. The film was originally called The Ninth Legion during the production, but has since been officially changed to Centurion. The basic premise of the film is Marshall’s telling of the legend of the 9th Legion and their disappearance north of Hadrian’s Wall. He’s made it known that the film will not be historically accurate and wasn’t meant to be. The film will be his way to re-tell the legend of the legion’s disappearance, it’s cause and wrap an action-thriller around it.

Starring in the film are Dominic West, Michael Fassbender (last seen as the British operative Hickox in Inglourious Basterds) and Olga Kurylenko. The film is tentatively dated to be released in the U.K. on April 23, 2010. No set date has been announced for a NA release, but I’m sure it will get one. It better.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:55 pm

http://www.tvbirdy.com/movies/centurion-movie-2010-trailer-poster-information/

“Centurion” the movie (2010) – trailer, poster and information

The director of ‘Dog Soldiers’, ‘The Descent’ and ‘Doomsday’, Neil Marshall, now moves to the twelfth century, during the invasion of the Romans in the British land. The title is ‘Centurion’ and here we present you with the first poster and trailer, which I think makes it clear what we will see if we decide to watch the movie: action, fast assembly, dizzying camera movements and lots of blood.

It should be noted that the division has met Marshall protagonist of the most varied. There have increasingly contributed to Michael Fassbender in the lead role alongside Dominic West , Olga Kurylenko, David Morrissey, Ulrich Thomsen and Noel Clarke , among others. ‘Centurion’ focuses on Quintus Dias, the sole survivor of the attack of the Picts to the Roman military strongman, who march north with the legendary ninth legion to end Gorlacon forces, leader of the Picts.

The film will open in cinemas UK next April, but there is no time nor a date for USA and other countries.

http://moviesvideosclips.blogspot.com/2010/02/geeks-of-doom-invade-your-inbox_15.html

Watch Now: Trailer For Neil Marshall’s ‘Centurion’

Posted:
The very first new trailer for Neil Marshall's Centurion has been released via IGN.

The movie takes place in 117 A.D. and tells the story of Rome's Ninth Legion, who set off on a major mission to find and destroy the leader of the Picts and anyone who tries to stop them. But when the Picts spring a trap on them and take the Legion's general captive, one remaining Roman soldier must take just a few men and find a way to stop the Picts once and for all.

The movie reunites stars Dominic West and Michael Fassbender, who appeared together in another epic battle movie: 300. West plays captured General Virilus, while Fassbender plays Quintus Dias, a survivor of the ambush who is trapped deep within the enemy's boundaries. The movie also stars Hitman and Quantum of Solace leading lady Olga Kurylenko as a Pict warrior whose tongue was removed by the Romans after they killed her entire family. This character would seem to point to one of those cases where we the viewers will not be sure who to pull for. [...]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:07 pm

http://trailer-spot.livejournal.com/229935.html

Centurion .flv 24MB HD720p .wmv 91MB
Lots of manflesh on display in this sword and sandals movie set during the Roman invasion of Britain in AD 117. Based on the legend of the Ninth Legion, an army of 3000 unstoppable Roman warriors who vanished without trace. A Roman corporal (Michael Fassbender) is taken hostage by the Pict King Gorlacon (Ulrich Thomsen) and the Ninth are charged with bringing him home and ending Pict domination of Britain. Led by General Biggus Dickus Titus Virilus (Dominic West) and guided by a Pict prisoner and warrior woman (a colourful but mute Olga Kurylenko), the army marches towards enemy territory and finds itself in the midst of a perilous battle with a mysterious foe.
Written and directed by Neil Marshall (Doomsday, The Descent). Which means, as the trailer already indicates, this will be a very violent and bloody affair.

http://pipocacolaplay.blogspot.com/2010/02/centurion-movie-trailer-hd.html

Centurion movie Trailer HD

Posted on segunda-feira, 15 de fevereiro de 2010 by Adê

The Centurion (2010) Movie Trailer has premiered. Centurion (2010) is directed by Neil Marshall and stars Michael Fassbender, Dominic West, and Olga Kurylenko. Centurion (2010)s plot synopsis: In AD 117, the legendary Roman Ninth Legion is led by General Virilus to wipe out the Picts and to kill their leader Gorlacon. The legion is joined by Quintus Dias, a survivor from a Roman frontier fort that the Picts raided. I love movies about Roman and that era. I was skeptical about Centurion (2010) after Marshalls garbage fest Doomsday but this film actually looks good. I love the way the ambush is orchestrated at the beginning of the movie trailer. Weve seen this before, especially in The Last of the Mohicans but it was still good. Watching Olga and and other women in the film as badass warriors was cool as well and reminded me of Kiera Knightlys role (a Woad, based on a Pict) in King Arthur (2004). Check out the Centurion (2010) movie trailer below and leave your thoughts on it. Centurion (2010) opens on April 23, 2010.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:14 pm

http://screengeek.co.uk/2010/02/15/first-look-at-centurion/

First Look At Centurion!
Posted February 15th, 2010 by Screengeek in Featured, Film, Trailers

After the disaster that was Doomsday, the previously brilliant Neil Marshall appears to be back on form if the trailer for Centurion is anything to go by.

The Dog Soldiers and Descent director has a fantastic cast in his Roman epic, including Michael Fassbender, Olga Kurylenko, Dominic West, Noel Clarke and David Morrissey. Beginning very much like Gladiator, Centurion shows us a group of Roman soldiers that have survived an onslaught from the Picts. The group of seven form their own splinter army and fight for survival and revenge. Released on 23rd April, IGN have the first hi-res full-length trailer. Watch it below!

http://seqmag.com/2010/02/trailer-and-poster-centurion/

Trailer and Poster: Centurion

This movie has all that needs to fail – Neil Marshall and Michael Fassbender. No name director with a no-name TV Series actor – what a mix? Trailer for the Centurion is actually good – so don’t wait – watch it!

But! Yes there is one small fact that could have been missed – Olga Kurylenko is in this movie as well! If you don’t know who she is – then look her up in IMDB. So that fact is simple: This will be a hit movie for 17 year old boys that will go to see her and the fact this movie has some action is just going to heat this category of viewers up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 pm

http://movies.tbreak.com/6276/blog/vikings-explored-in-new-centurion-trailer.html

Vikings Explored In New ‘Centurion’ Trailer
Posted on: February 17, 2010

Even though ‘Clash of the Titans’ is positioned to be the next big action spectacle, a smaller film by the name of ‘Centurion’ is handling the Vikings and looks equally as good. Here is the trailer.

Britain, A.D. 117. Quintus Dias, the sole survivor of a Pictish raid on a Roman frontier fort, marches north with General Virilus’ legendary Ninth Legion, under orders to wipe the Picts from the face of the Earth and destroy their leader, Gorlacon.

Although there’s a lot of action to be seen, it’s clear that the tone here is more of a dramatic war story than a CGI action spectacle and it looks intriguing in plotline. Olga looks as hot as always, while Michael Fassbender shines here as the lead.

Trailer below.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:19 pm

http://www.everythingaction.com/2010/02/16/centurion-trailer/

Centurion Trailer

By Zach on February 16, 2010

The latest from director Neil Marshall, who directed the fan favorite The Descent and the insane but awesome mash up that was Doomsday, is Centurion. After a Roman legion is ambushed by the barbarian Picts, seven survivors must escape from deep behind enemy lines with the entire Pict force on their heels. The movie stars Michael Fassbender, Dominc West and Olga Kurylenko and is going to be out sometime this year. It looks pretty good and it’s interesting to see Roman legionaries as the underdogs. Let’s just hope it’s more Gladiator than, say, Pathfinder.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 pm

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2010/02/16/new-poster-for-centurion/

New Poster for Centurion

Posted by David Sztypuljak on February 16, 2010

Last week, the guys at IGN gave us a lovely new trailer to feast our eyes on for Neil Marshall’s new Roman Empire epic, Centurion. Today they bring us a shiny new poster for the movie which stars Olga Kurylenko, Michael Fassbender, Dominic West, Noel Clarke, JJ Feild, Imogen Poots, David Morrissey, Paul Freeman, Lee Ross, Ulrich Thomsen and Riz Ahmed.

You can click the image above to enlarge. I’m very much looking forward to seeing this movie. I am fan Marshall’s previous work which includes Dog Soldiers and The Descent so I’m hoping for good things from this one too. It’s scheduled for release 23rd April.

Synopsis: Based on the legend of the Ninth Legion, an army of 3000 unstoppable Roman warriors who vanished without trace, Centurion is the tale of their vicious conflict with a murderous adversary, the Picts. Quintus Dias (Michael Fassbender), a Roman corporal, is taken hostage by the Pict King, Gorlacon and the Ninth are charged with bringing him home and ending Pict domination of Britain. Led by General Virilus (Dominic West) and guided by a Pict prisoner and warrior woman named Etain (Olga Kurylenko), the army marches towards enemy territory and finds itself in the midst of a perilous battle with a mysterious foe.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:31 pm

http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/blogs/02/15/2010/trailer-neil-marshall-brings-you-centurion

Trailer: Neil Marshall Brings You "Centurion"
Submitted by Joe on Monday, Feb 15th 2010

Apparently Neil Marshall still owns all the costumes he used in the Malcolm McDowell Medieval fortress scenes of "Doomsday", because it looks like he decided to make an entire movie based around them.

"Centurion" stars Michael Fassbender as Quintus Dias, the lone survivor of the Ninth Legion, an army of 3,000 Roman soldiers who battled the Picts a long long time ago. At this point I'm so confused by the names in this movie that I'll just leave it at that and you can check out the trailer below. I will say though that if you liked "300", this one should be around 2,700 times better.

"Centurion" will be available for your viewing pleasure in the UK this April and is expected in the US shortly thereafter.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:54 am

http://www.dvdreviewsblog.info/centurion-trailer-unleashes-a-little-hell/

CENTURION TRAILER UNLEASHES A LITTLE HELL

February 16th, 2010

Anyone else recollect how kick-ass a opening conflict method in GLADIATOR was? Remember a Roman soldiers receiving upon a Germanic barbarians in those gray woods, a fiery bombs ruinous opposite trees as well as raining glass fire? Yeah, I’m all we do a Chris Farley thing here, though which was flattering damn cool.

How about a full length underline movie with which same style? we contend if any one can lift it off it’s Neil Marshall, and, if this brand new trailer for CENTURION, pleasantness of IGN, is any indication, which judgment competence be attack a theaters really soon. What’s more, it shows McNulty (Dominic West) as well as Lt. Archie Hicox (Michael Fassbender) kicking a little critical Pict tail.

Granted, it competence not be as epic as GLADIATOR. That’s what happens when you’ve got a man who did THE DESCENT as well as DOOMSDAY during a helm instead of a man who did ALIEN or BLADE RUNNER. Nonetheless, CENTURION looks to underline a little really cold action, as well as we know with Marshall during a wheel, this boat isn’t starting to go anywhere nearby a PG-13 territory. Thoughts of an additional KING ARTHUR can be dispelled right, friggin’ now.

You can additionally conduct over to IGN for a HD chronicle of a trailer. CENTURION is set to strike UK theaters in April. No US recover date has been voiced as of yet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:09 pm

http://trailertracker.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/centurion-trailer/

Centurion trailer

I make no promises that this will be a great movie. I love sword and sandal movies, but they regularly disappoint me.

I like this one a little more than usual because it has an understated cast. Michael Fassbender has been a minor supporting actor for years. And this is inexplicably only the second movie that I’ve ever seen Olga Kurylenko in. Oh yeah, and Dominic West is a pretty good actor as long as I don’t have to see his teeth.

http://www.thefilmcynics.com/blog/?p=3210

New Centurion trailer
Posted by: Steve, on February 18, 2010, at 8:08 am

Because I just can’t leave you guys hanging, I’ve dug up a trailer for one of my “Great Expectations Movies” for this year, Neil Marshall’s Centurion. From what I’m seeing here, I’m thinking it will incorporate the best elements of Dog Soldiers and The Descent: the bond between warriors, and the crippling fear of an unknown menace lurking in the darkness. Marshall’s had plenty of time to hone his craft, and with Michael Fassbender in tow, I think Marshall will finally have a shot at breaking through to the mainstream.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 pm

http://www.daemonsmovies.com/2010/02/17/centurion-movie-trailer-with-michael-fassbender/

CENTURION Movie Trailer with Michael Fassbender
Michael Fassbender in Centurion

Check out the trailer for CENTURION which stars Michael Fassbender, Dominic West, Olga Kurylenko, Noel Clarke, David Morrissey, and directed by Neil Marshall.

This movie has such a great cast, it's worth watching if only to watch their performances. I just hope the story lives up to their talent.

Centurion Synopsis: Britain, A.D. 117. Quintus Dias, the sole survivor of a Pictish raid on a Roman frontier fort, marches north with General Virilus' legendary Ninth Legion, under orders to wipe the Picts from the face of the Earth and destroy their leader, Gorlacon.

Centurion will be released to theaters on April 23, 2010. Watch the trailer below.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:48 am

http://www.renerd.com/?p=2011

Posted by Bishop on Feb 19, 2010
Centurion Trailer and Other Gushings

I know that there a lot of directors out there that tend to stick to a genre. They stick to their genre because they are good at it, or perhaps they don’t care for others, or perhaps they fear to tread on new ground. Then there are the directors that never make the same movie twice. One of these is Danny Boyle, I have enjoyed everything of his that I have ever seen, even before knowing his name. “Enjoyed” does run the range of being mildly entertained (“Slumdog Millionaire“) to full on exploding with joy and adoration (“28 Days Later“).

A few years back my brother and best mate Luke introduced me to what he called “the best werewolf movie I will ever see”. It was called “Dog Soldiers“. It had me howling at the moon it was a great romp through the mythos of the Werewolf and the action was first-rate and it just never seemed to slow down. I didn’t know then that Neil Marshall would become one of my favourite directors but he followed that amazing film with a terrifying study in claustrophobia in “The Descent“, which did it’s job scaring the bejeebus out of me BEFORE introducing the horror element. And it introduced me to Natalie Mendoza. Who is hot.

Just sayin’.

His next project moved to the not-too-distant future to explore a little Sci-Fi with “Doomsday“, which I think I really want to see again (it was my first ever Blu Ray purchase).

Soon we will have “Centurion“. When I first started watching this trailer, I thought it was a pretty awesome Sword & Sandal flick but then as it went on I got REALLY excited. I realised that, yes it is a Sword & Sandal flick but EVEN BETTER it appears to be a “Men On A Mission” flick! Like “Let’s Get Harry” but with a lot more blood! I am stoked for this film.

IGN describes it thusly:

Based on the legend of the Ninth Legion, an army of 3000 unstoppable Roman warriors who vanished without trace, Centurion is the tale of their vicious conflict with a murderous adversary, the Picts. Quintus Dias (Michael Fassbender), a Roman corporal, is taken hostage by the Pict King, Gorlacon and the Ninth are charged with bringing him home and ending Pict domination of Britain. Led by General Virilus (Dominic West) and guided by a Pict prisoner and warrior woman named Etain (Olga Kurylenko), the army marches towards enemy territory and finds itself in the midst of a perilous battle with a mysterious foe.

And Olga Kurylenko is hot.

Just sayin’.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:47 am

http://www.ifc.com/blogs/indie-ear/2010/02/centurion.php

Indie Ear
Covering the crossroads of music and film.
Indie Ear is written by Brandon Kim. Drop him a line at indieear (at) ifc dot com
Centurion, trailers, behind the scenes.
By Brandon Kim on 02/18/2010

May as well keep this week's trend up and get completely medieval on that ass with Neil Marshall's "Centurion." Don't mind the phrase, actually we're talking classical antiquity, and the difference is vast. This swords and sandals piece takes place in 117AD, well before Europe found Christ, when the Romans sought to tame the northern reaches of Britain.

[Olga Kurylenko, Pictish cover girl, in "Centurion"]

Having fought off Queen Boudicca and firmly established themselves in the south, the famed Ninth Legion went north to confront the wild Picts, modern day Scots. They were never heard from again, or so the legend goes (though historians now refute this, and date the annihilation of the ninth legion many years later). Enter Michael Fassbender ("Inglorious Basterds") and Dominic West (infamously McNulty of "The Wire") as Roman Legionnaires, both of whom appeared in the oiled up, man-sweatiest, gayest film ever made, "300." Olga Kurylenko who's had as much video game as film work, apparently plays a crazy Pict. I guess Ukrainians are the new Scots.

I have never seen a Neil Marshall picture before, but the titles alone give me pause, "Doomsday," "Dog Soldiers," etc. So does this trailer with so much amplified testosterone I had a hard time noticing the music at first. It's all right, serviceable at least. Composer Ilan Eshkeri's prior work remains questionable with titles like "Ninja Assassin" under his belt, but "Layer Cake" too.

What's going on with Olga's nose? I guess the Picts did epic amounts of blow, and maybe that's what everyone else's problem is in this trailer. Oh, also in the cast list is someone called Imogen Poots ("V for Vendetta") - I nominate her for best name of the decade.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 pm

http://www.irishcentral.com/ent/Michael-Fassbender-looks-mighty-amazing-in-Centurion-trailer-85062167.html?utm_source=twitter

Michael Fassbender looks mighty amazing in “Centurion” trailer
By
ANTOINETTE KELLY
IrishCentral.com Staff Writer

Published Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 1:41 PM
Updated Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 2:06 PM

Michael Fassbender looks mighty amazing in “Centurion” trailer | Entertainment in Ireland and Around the World | IrishCentral

Read more: Michael Fassbender, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Entertainment, Movie Reviews, Movies, Dominic West, Quintas Dias
Michael Fassbender and Liam Cunningham in a scene from "Centurion"

Irish actor Michael Fassbender, of 'Inglourious Basterds," "Hunger" and "300" fame, looks the part of a fearless Roman solder in the trailer for “Centurion.”

The Kerryman cuts a muscular shape in the movie, which also stars Dominic West of "The Wire" and hot Bond girl Olga Kurylenko.

The movie is set in Britain A.D. 117, and Fassbender stars as Quintas Dias, the only Roman to survive an attack from the Picts.

Quintas Dias the heads north with the Ninth Legion, under the leadership of General Virilus (West) to destroy the Picts and their leader Gorlacon (Ulrich Thomsen).

Liam Cunningham, who also starred with Fassbender in "Hunger", plays a role in the movie.

The movie, directed by Neil Marshall, does not have an official release date in the States yet, so enjoy the trailer for now!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:32 pm

http://screenrant.com/neil-marshalls-centurion-trailer-distributor-ross-46595/

First Look: Neil Marshall’s ‘Centurion’

Centurion

For whatever reason the first international trailer for Centurion, the new film from director Neil Marshall (The Descent, Doomsday) slipped passed us when it debuted a couple of weeks ago – but fear not, as we now have it for you to enjoy. If the trailer hooks your interest and you’re wondering when we can see the movie then you’re in luck, as we also have some info on Centurion being picked up for distribution.

In case you’re not familiar with the project (and if you only come to Screen Rant for your news you may not be), here’s the official plot synopsis for Centurion:

Boasting savagely violent battle scenes and an adrenaline fueled chase through the breathtaking Scottish highlands, CENTURION is set during the war between Roman soldiers and Pict tribesmen during the 2nd century Roman conquest of Britain. Michael Fassbender stars as Quintus Dias, Roman centurion and son of a legendary gladiator who leads a group of soldiers on a raid of a Pict camp to rescue a captured general (Dominic West). The son of the Pict leader is murdered during the raid, and the Romans find themselves hunted by a seemingly unstoppable group of the Pict’s most vicious and skilled warriors, led by a beautiful and deadly tracker (Olga Kurylenko), who are hell bent on revenge.

Now here’s the international trailer, courtesy of Trailer Addict. Enjoy:

Looks pretty damn cool to me. I’m glad to see the continuing success of Michael Fassbender, whom we saw in Inglourious Basterds as the British officer who gives himself away in the bar – and also as the Spartan in 300 who hoped that one of the Persians were up to the task of killing him.

Bond girl Olga Kurylenko is always…appealing to look at (although she’s toughened up for her role here) and Dominic West I will always be a fan of, since he starred in one of the greatest TV shows of all time, The Wire. Oh, and the film is from The Descent director, Neil Marshall, so it already has my money right there Smile .

Moving on from the trailer, Magnolia Pictures announced yesterday that it has acquired the U.S. distribution rights to Centurion. It is being launched as the sixth entry into the “Six Shooter Film Series” which is a six-film collection of “the most exciting contemporary worldwide action films,” which also includes Bronson, Red Cliff, Ong Bak 2, District 13: Ultimatum and The Warlords.

When can we expect to see Centurion? Well, the press release on this news says a summer 2010 theatrical release is being planned. So not that long to wait.

Do you like the look of Centurion? What about it makes you want to see it the most: the director? The cast? Or is the trailer enough? Let us know in the comments.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:11 pm

http://www.filmarcade.net/2010/02/magnet-releasing-takes-us-rights-to.html

Magnet Releasing Takes U.S. Rights to Neil Marshall's CENTURION
7:49 PM | Centurion, Neil Marshall, News with 0 comments »

The Wagner/Cuban Companies' Magnet Releasing, genre arm of Magnolia Pictures, announced this week that it has acquired U.S. rights to CENTURION, an epic sword and sandal thrill ride from cult-favorite filmmaker Neil Marshall (The Descent), starring Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds, 300), Dominic West (300, The Wire), David Morrissey (Red Riding Trilogy), and stunning Bond-girl Olga Kurylenko (Quantum of Solace).

Magnet is launching CENTURION as the 6th entry in the second “Six Shooter Film Series,” a collection of six of the most exciting contemporary worldwide action films which also includes Bronson, Red Cliff, Ong Bak 2, District 13: Ultimatum and The Warlords. A summer theatrical release is planned.

Boasting savagely violent battle scenes and an adrenaline fueled chase through the breathtaking Scottish highlands, CENTURION is set during the war between Roman soldiers and Pict tribesmen during the 2nd century Roman conquest of Britain. Fassbender stars as Quintus Dias, Roman centurion and son of a legendary gladiator who leads a group of soldiers on a raid of a Pict camp to rescue a captured general (West). The son of the Pict leader is murdered during the raid, and the Romans find themselves hunted by a seemingly unstoppable group of the Pict’s most vicious and skilled warriors, led by a beautiful and deadly tracker (Kurylenko), who are hell bent on revenge.

“CENTURION is a blood drenched masterpiece,” said Magnolia/Magnet SVP Tom Quinn. “Neil has made an action movie that delivers on every level, and fans are going to go wild for it. There couldn’t be a better film to wrap up the ‘Six Shooter’ series.”

Neil Marshall adds, "I'm incredibly happy that CENTURION has found a home of such quality and prestige, and amongst such high caliber company too! I look forward to collaborating with Tom and everyone at Magnolia on the forthcoming US release. If history is written in blood, then CENTURION is hardcore history - bloody and brutal!"

Mike Runagall of Pathé commented: “We’re thrilled to partner with Tom and the team at Magnolia and their marketing and distribution prowess will ensure CENTURION reaches a wide US audience.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 am

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/02/magnet-picks-up-neil-marshalls-centurion.php

Magnet Picks Up Neil Marshall's CENTURION

by Kurt Halfyard, February 24, 2010 2:51 PM

Action, UK, Ireland, Australia & New Zealand
It is press release time - but it is a good one. Magnolia has picked up Neil Marshall's Centurion for their second round of "6 Shooter Series" for their genre arm, Magnet. If you recall the first series ranged from cult hit Dainipponjin to popular success Let The Right One In to the criminally underrated 'non-super' hero movie (and apparently from the likes of Defendor and Kick-Ass, much copied) Special. Expect a limited North American release of Centurion on the big screen (at least in the larger markets) at some point this summer. Sweet.

"Boasting savagely violent battle scenes and an adrenaline fueled chase through the breathtaking Scottish highlands, CENTURION is set during the war between Roman soldiers and Pict tribesmen during the 2nd century Roman conquest of Britain. Michael Fassbender stars as Quintus Dias, Roman centurion and son of a legendary gladiator who leads a group of soldiers on a raid of a Pict camp to rescue a captured general (Dominic West). The son of the Pict leader is murdered during the raid, and the Romans find themselves hunted by a seemingly unstoppable group of the Pict's most vicious and skilled warriors, led by a beautiful and deadly tracker (Olga Kurylenko), who are hell bent on revenge."

The other entries in the second 6 Shooter Series are Bronson, Red Cliff, Ong Bak 2, District 13: Ultimatum and The Warlords.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:13 am

http://undergroundrepublik.com/blog/2010/03/centurion-trailer

Centurion Trailer

Posted by ed in Movies

This looks great, I’m a big fan of muddy, sword and sandal films. With Neil Marshall (The Descent, Dogsoldiers) directing and a great cast – Dominic West (McNulty), Noel Clarke, Michael Fassbender, Olga Kurylenko, Riz Ahmed and David Morrissey I’m in, two thumbs up!

The movie speculates on the fate of Rome’s reputedly ‘lost’ Ninth Legion*, who in this take are north of Hadrian’s Wall, engaged in a bloody battle and facing a bit of trouble getting out of hostile Pict country
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissL Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:39 pm

i wont to see this one

MissL
Stelios' sword

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Me too. It will be like remember when I saw him in 300.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissL Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:09 pm

he looks a bit alike Like a Star @ heaven

MissL
Stelios' sword

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 pm

http://itsjustmovies.com/9564

Trailer Talk: ‘Centurion’

– by JOSUE SANCHEZ –

There are some time periods in history, that when discovered, can give ground to many great stories and adventures.

For example, the reigning periods of different ancient empires — as well as their demises — are a great setting for many books and movies. Thanks to these time periods, we been able to wittiness magnificent movies such as “Braveheart,” “Gladiator” and “300.”

Also, I can’t forget to mention “Kingdom of Heaven” and “Alexander,” even though I was very disappointed by the latter.

Yet there are three another movies I would like to mention. They are not of the grand-sixed scale of the ones mentioned above, and although they grasp an epic-ness feel to them, they are not your typical 1,000 soldiers colliding with another thousand in the enormous battlefield type of epic movie.

Those movies are: “Centurion” (the one this article is about), “King Arthur” and “The Last Legion.” These are three perfect examples of a smaller band of highly-skilled soldiers of a time period, who unite for a cause, and they are all action movies. Some more bloody than others, but nevertheless, the action and the history work in harmony here.

For the movie “Centurion,” it will be no different. It’s not out yet, not until April 22, but you can get a small helping of what I am writing about here, by watching the official trailer below. The movie stars Michael Fassbender (“Inglorious Basterds”), Dominic West (“The Wire”) and Olga Kurylenko (“Quantum of Solace”). The trailer flaunts beautiful scenery and cinematography, as well as excellent costumes designs and weaponry, and, of course violence … lots of it. It appears this will be an all-out swordfest. I mean what can you expect with a tag-line like “Fight or Die.”

Here is the description of the movie by Pathé Productions (UK): AD 117. The Roman Empire stretches from Egypt to Spain, and East as far as the Black Sea. But in northern Britain, the relentless onslaught of conquest has ground to a halt in face of the guerrilla tactics of an elusive enemy: the savage and terrifying Picts. Quintus Dias (Fassbender), sole survivor of a Pictish raid on a Roman frontier fort, marches north with General Virilus’ (West) legendary Ninth Legion, under orders to wipe the Picts from the face of the earth and destroy their leader Gorlacon. But when the legion is ambushed on unfamiliar ground, and Virilus taken captive, Quintus faces a desperate struggle to keep his small platoon alive behind enemy lines. Enduring the harsh terrain and evading their remorseless Pict pursuers led by revenge-hungry Pict Warrior Etain (Kurylenko), the band of soldiers race to rescue their General and to reach the safety of the Roman frontier.

I believe it will definitely be interesting to explore the movie’s explanation about what happened to the legendary (and missing) General Virilus’ Ninth Legion.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next